Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Russian Doll, Fleabag or Mrs. Maisel (second season).

(with Poll) I've got time to marathon one of them over the next couple of days. I loved the first season of Mrs. Maisel, but heard the second is disappointing. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 25August 19, 2019 7:47 PM

I thought the second season of Maisel was equally as good as the first. If not better

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2019 5:50 PM

I also read that the 2nd season of Mrs M was disappointing. I still enjoyed it and it is worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2019 5:51 PM

Mrs Maisel season 2 is great. The thing is it is off putting the way the lead accentuates her voice. That's what is annoying. But it's still a delightful and beautiful show.

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2019 5:56 PM

Mrs M. has a few gratuitous shots of Gerard Nolan Funk shirtless if that’s any help OP.

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2019 6:12 PM

R4, plus a full frontal art model.

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2019 6:13 PM

i ADORED Russian doll

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2019 6:45 PM

Fleabag season 2 is heartbreaking art. Maisel is brilliant as well.

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2019 7:08 PM

Mrs M. starts weak, but gets better.

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2019 7:22 PM

I loved MM Season 2. It's not as surprising as Season 1, but it's beautifully done. The first two episodes with the Paris storyline and not great (they make nonsense), but after that it gets fine. And seeing Suzie masquerade as a plumber in a Jewish resort in the Katskills simply by carrying around a plumber's helper it pretty hilarious (especially because of the plot twist that occurs because of it). Also, Midge's love interest in the gorgeous and intensely likeable Zachary Levi this season.

There's also more of Jane Lynch as the Sophie Tucker/Phyllis Diller character.

by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2019 7:27 PM

*[quote] The first two episodes with the Paris storyline and not great (they make nonsense),

Sorry, that got mangled because of Autocorrect. I wasn't paying enough attention.

That should read instead, "The first two episodes with the Paris storyline are not great (they make no sense),"

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2019 7:29 PM

I agree, loved the Catskills episodes and Suzie pretending to be staff. The fur coat. The late-night "blue" gig. More Lenny Bruce. The telethon. The problem with the guy who was her new love interest was that he was too perfect. The set up was funny though.

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2019 8:19 PM

I loved the Paris episodes as well!

by Anonymousreply 12August 11, 2019 8:34 PM

The Paris episodes were the weakest part of the season.

by Anonymousreply 13August 11, 2019 8:36 PM

Maisel was worth watching just for the clothes. She became really annoying after a while, but her clothes were great. Oh, and I LOVED her foul-mouthed manager, who had all the best lines. Russian Doll gave me a headache, although I thought the concept was great and love the lead actress. It just moved too quickly for me and I gave up. Maybe I was just smoking too much weed.

by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2019 8:42 PM

I love Natasha Lyonne, and I was so happy to see her make a career comeback. But I just did not enjoy "Russian Doll" overall--it also gave me a headache.

by Anonymousreply 15August 11, 2019 8:48 PM

Suzie of MMM is just the funniest character out there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 11, 2019 8:50 PM

Rachel Brosnahan, Natasha Lyonne, and Pheobe Waller-Bridge are all nominated for Emmys. Which one should win?

by Anonymousreply 17August 12, 2019 5:35 PM

OP here... I took the advice of the panel and watched Fleabag. I made the right choice!!

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2019 6:24 PM

Definitely the right choice. Though I can't believe Fiona Shaw got nominated for an Emmy for basically moisturizing her forearms on that show.

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2019 6:32 PM

“equally as good as the first”

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2019 6:38 PM

R17, she was, in my opinion, the ONLY good thing about that show. Jesus god, I hated it.

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2019 6:39 PM

r20 Okay, these weak-ass "oh, dears" really need to fucking stop already. Save them for actual emergencies, people.

by Anonymousreply 22August 19, 2019 6:40 PM

[quote]Rachel Brosnahan, Natasha Lyonne, and Pheobe Waller-Bridge are all nominated for Emmys. Which one should win?

This time is should be Phoebe Waller-Bridge. She not only stars in the show, but she wrote it as well.

by Anonymousreply 23August 19, 2019 6:40 PM

r21 Who was? There are three people mentioned in that post.

by Anonymousreply 24August 19, 2019 6:41 PM

Maisel is unwatchable trash. Remotely no comparison to Fleabag which is genius.

by Anonymousreply 25August 19, 2019 7:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!