Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Will You Die For Me?” By Tex Watson - Any of you read his autobiography?

I have been reading about him online and just found out about this book. I want to read it now.

I read that he expresses remorse for the murders and is now a Born-Again Christian, and married with three kids.

I find it fascinating how he did not have to testify with the other 3 and he wasn’t convicted for over two years after the murder. He also made himself sound like a mindless follower of Manson etc. interesting.

He’s up for another Parole hearing in 2021.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 19, 2020 4:21 PM

He was hot AF. Sad that he got involved with drugs and then Manson.

Why did he leave TX after dropping out of college and move to California if he didn’t even want to be in show business?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2019 12:01 AM

If you met him you would never know he was behind those murders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2019 12:02 AM

Did Manson fuck him?

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2019 12:05 AM

My goodness of course we have to try and make even demonic murderers some sort of gay sexed craze idols.

No, he didn’t fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2019 12:09 AM

He’s married? Who in the Sam holy fuck would marry that lunatic? And have kids with them.

Talk about low self esteem.

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2019 12:11 AM

R4, isn't it common knowledge Manson was bi?

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2019 12:13 AM

It’s also known knowledge Tex wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2019 12:16 AM

R7, Tex was following a cult leader and apparently even claimed to have been under his control. What's so weird about them having sex?

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2019 12:22 AM

🙄🙄🙄 I seriously can’t anymore.

No discussion can be had without old trash gays making it about gay sex. Even while discussing Charles fucking Manson we have to make it about gay sex, as if we want someone like Manson and Tex on our team. That would only make matters WORSE for gays if people thought they were gay.

I can’t.

by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2019 12:27 AM

He was allowed conjugal visits with his wife, which is how he came to have three children while imprisoned for multiple murders. Eventually a stop was put to that; I think Doris Tate lobbied hard against that. Anyway, he and Patricia Krenwinkel will NEVER be released from prison. Both of them relentlessly shot and hacked and mutilated their victims; I think the two of them did most of the damage to their bodies. Anyway, he and Susan Atkins both became Jesus freaks while in prison. That's a good way to get in good with the parole board; try to pass yourself off as good Christian.

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2019 12:38 AM

[quote] In 1979, [Watson] married Kristin Joan Svege. Through conjugal visits they were able to have four children (three boys, one girl), but those visits for life prisoners were banned in October 1996. After 24 years of marriage, Svege divorced Watson after meeting another man in 2003.

That quote is from Wikipedia, which cites to nothing for that bit of info (no footnotes). Here's a photo of him and Svege (I think).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2019 12:40 AM

Tex would have been a serial killer with or without Manson, I think. Also wonder if some of the unsolved murders around that time were committed by him, acting alone.

by Anonymousreply 12August 11, 2019 12:44 AM

Clearly drugs fucked up his brain.

He was hot and a straight A student prior to hardcore drugs and then dropping out of college.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 11, 2019 12:51 AM

Have you all seen the dead body photos? Terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2019 1:11 AM

R9, you start a thread about a hot guy who was in a cult lead by a maniac who was known to have sex with men, and then blow your fuse when someone dares to wonder if they fucked.

At 17 Manson was even jailed for raping a boy at knifepoint, and that was only one of his gay sex crimes so nothing new there for anyone because it's all on Wikipedia. Watson claimed to have been a brainless follower of Manson so there's a very good chance they did indeed have sex.

by Anonymousreply 15August 11, 2019 1:12 AM

I wouldn’t be shocked in Manson got to fuck that hot piece of ass that was Tex.

Such a shame he was a brain dead druggie follower to a murderer.

I can’t even look at photos of Manson. He’s the most evil looking thing I’ve ever seen. I could only imagine seeing him in person. That atmosphere must be scary.

by Anonymousreply 16August 11, 2019 1:16 AM

Watson is just like all the rest of his fellow cohorts : " I was on drugs, I was just following orders, I'm the real victim here", typical jail house bull-shit.

by Anonymousreply 17August 11, 2019 1:20 AM

Tex probably did have sex with other men in the Family. Charlie liked to produce orgies; he wanted everybody to have sex with everybody. It was another means of control. But I don't think Tex was gay.

Vincent Bugliosi made a good point in "Helter Skelter." He said that Manson asked a lot of people to commit murder for him. Some of them did; some of them didn't. Tex Watson, Patricia Krenwinkel, Susan Atkins and Leslie Van Houten were ones that did. Except for Susan Atkins, all of them had normal childhoods; Tex was a star athlete and student, Leslie was a homecoming queen, Patricia Krenwinkel was considering being a nun. But they all became monstrous, remorseless killers. Bugliosi said there had to be something seriously wrong with them even before they met Charles Manson; they all had "some inner flaw. Apart from Charlie."

by Anonymousreply 18August 11, 2019 1:28 AM

Strange that we view Manson as the ultimate monster, even though he never killed anyone.

by Anonymousreply 19August 11, 2019 1:39 AM

Because he was the mastermind behind it all. He controlled everyone.

I mean look at him. I get chills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 11, 2019 1:45 AM

Watson deserves to rot. He delivered most of the fatal blows on all the victims.

by Anonymousreply 21August 11, 2019 1:50 AM

Weren’t they all on high crazed frenzy’s when they murdered? No excuse but I’m sure if sober they wouldn’t have been as awful and brutal.

by Anonymousreply 22August 11, 2019 1:53 AM

R22 Watson admitted he was on speed. All of else make choices in life. If their wills were so weak to be dominated by a little shit like Charlie, complete with drugs, let them all die a painful death in prison. I think Van Houten should be released. She never killed Rosemary as she stabbed her after she died.

by Anonymousreply 23August 11, 2019 1:57 AM

She still stabbed her...

by Anonymousreply 24August 11, 2019 1:59 AM

R24 I think a nearly 50 year sentence for NOT killing someone is sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 25August 11, 2019 2:01 AM

You all saying Margot didn’t look anything like Sharon are nuts. Margot looked almost identical to Sharon here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 11, 2019 2:03 AM

She looks different without her lashes

by Anonymousreply 27August 11, 2019 2:05 AM

R26 you can see Jays cock nicely here. Looks average but nice thickness.

by Anonymousreply 28August 11, 2019 2:06 AM

"Watson admitted he was on speed. "

He's a liar. NONE of the Family members were impaired by drugs on the nights of the murders. They knew they had a job to do, and they knew if they were fucked up they might not be able to carry it out as planned. As for Leslie Van Houten...she CLAIMS she only stabbed Rosemary LaBianca after she was dead. But she also did a lot of "aiding and abetting" , which means she helped wipe fingerprints and make sure they didn't leave any evidence that would help the police find out who did it. By the way, after slaughtering the LaBiancas, Tex, Katie (Krenwinkel's nickname), and Leslie fixed themselves a snack with food from the LaBianca's refrigerator. They munched on cheese and drank chocolate milk while surrounded by the blood of the couple they butchered.

by Anonymousreply 29August 11, 2019 2:08 AM

The hot one was Bobby Beausoli. He murdered Gary Hinman at the behest of Manson. He was in jail on August 8 and 9 1969. Manson was hoping that the police would connect the Tate and LaBianca killings to the Hinman killing, and be fooled into letting Bobby go free. That was the REAL motive. Helter Skelter was just bullshit that ran out of his mouth to convince the "family" to help him. Bugliosi thought Helter Skelter was an easier narrative for the jury to understand, so he went with that.

Bobby was a stone cold FOX. Sexy as hell. Wouldn't surprise me if Charlie was in love with him. Filmmaker/Hollywood Babylon author Kenneth Anger cast him for in the title role in Lucifer Rising. And turned him the fuck out, I'm sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 11, 2019 2:09 AM

The soundtrack for Lucifer Rising by Bobby is really great.

by Anonymousreply 31August 11, 2019 2:19 AM

I could never imagine killing someone. I just couldn’t. I don’t know what goes through these psychos minds.

by Anonymousreply 32August 11, 2019 2:25 AM

R29 it was proven via autopsy that Rosemary’s wounds made by Leslie were made after she died. Ok and she aided and abetted. Nearly 50 years in prison I think will suffice. Many people have been let out of jail earlier doing a hell of a lot more. It’s only her connection to Manson that’s keeping her in prison.

by Anonymousreply 33August 11, 2019 2:27 AM

Did anyone see Hilary and Jonathan play Sharon and Jay?

PS r28 I just looked and his cock does look to have been nice and thick. Poor thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 11, 2019 2:30 AM

The Tate/LaBianca killers were all sentenced to the death penalty. They got a second chance, were shown mercy, when their sentences were commuted. They don't deserve ANY more chances. The only just punishment for all of them is to die in prison. That's all they deserve.

by Anonymousreply 35August 11, 2019 2:32 AM

I never realized Jay was so nice looking.

Emile Hirsch was perfectly cast. Very handsome. Plus I am sure he feels good to finally be cast in a big film after being shunned for years

by Anonymousreply 36August 11, 2019 2:37 AM

Handsome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 11, 2019 2:38 AM

Someone mentioned how if they made a film about Sebring they want James Franco cast... no. Just no. He looks nothing like Sebring and is too tall.

by Anonymousreply 38August 11, 2019 2:38 AM

Manson claimed Robert Conrad and Peter Falk cruised HIM for sex.

by Anonymousreply 39August 11, 2019 2:48 AM

Ew would fuck that? Imagine looking into those eyes??

by Anonymousreply 40August 11, 2019 2:49 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 11, 2019 3:05 AM

R39 I can easily believe Robert Conrad...but Peter Falk - no, that I don't believe.

by Anonymousreply 42August 11, 2019 3:20 AM

John Waters/R33, hanging around with killers doesn't make you relevant, it makes you look repulsive & desperate for attention.

by Anonymousreply 43August 11, 2019 3:48 AM

The film footage of Atkins, Krenwinkel and Van Houten skipping along, holding hands and merrily singing is truly chilling. All of them totally without remorse. HAPPY that they did it.

by Anonymousreply 44August 11, 2019 4:02 AM

R44 what footage?

by Anonymousreply 45August 11, 2019 8:59 AM

I remember reading his book years ago and was always struck by how matter of fact he was about the murders - especially the killing of Tate.

He’s never changed his story ( unlike some of the other family members ) and has always insisted that he was the one who was ultimately responsible for the death of Sharon Tate.

by Anonymousreply 46August 11, 2019 9:46 AM

R45 its probably the most famous footage of the manson girls:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 11, 2019 10:37 AM

I know DLers are hot for murderers but the guy at R1 is ANYTHING but "hot as fuck."

by Anonymousreply 48August 11, 2019 10:44 AM

What other books about them were worth reading?

by Anonymousreply 49August 11, 2019 12:35 PM

[quote] it's all on Wikipedia

So it must be true.

by Anonymousreply 50August 11, 2019 12:43 PM

Tex Watson is a killer. Many people do speed but they don't stab pregnant women to death.

Many criminals "find god" in prison as they think it will help them get parole. Watson is no different. The Menendez brothers have also employed this tactic.

It was egregious that this killer serving life was allowed to breed children with killer genes and force the taxpayers of CA to pay for these killer spawn.

Sharon Tate's sister and mother lobbied for a change in law regarding which prisoners are allowed conjugal visits. The law was changed and prisoners serving life no longer could get conjugal visits. However, Jerry Brown signed into law in 2016 legislation that would allow lifers to have conjugal visits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 11, 2019 1:52 PM

The Manson girls were not very forward-thinking. Their antics during their trials - the singing, smiling and laughing - sealed their fate. No remorse displayed during the trial (presumably they were sober at that time). No parole ever for them due to those videos of their grotesque behavior.

by Anonymousreply 52August 11, 2019 1:56 PM

Have you seen the crime scene photos? Disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 53August 11, 2019 2:29 PM

Those Manson girls were idiots.

by Anonymousreply 54August 11, 2019 2:32 PM

The podcast You Must Remember This did a great series on the manson murders and hollywood. Highly recommend!

by Anonymousreply 55August 11, 2019 4:23 PM

Thanks r55

by Anonymousreply 56August 12, 2019 10:16 AM

Manson's son speaks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 19, 2019 4:16 PM

Charles Manson was not "known to have sex with men." Charles Manson raped boys

by Anonymousreply 58August 19, 2019 6:40 PM

Manson: The Lost Tapes (two parts) features Manson family footage filmed by Robert Hendrickson ca 1970.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 19, 2019 6:55 PM

It was Watson who actually killed Tate, but people are so tintalated by the idea of murderous young hippie girls, that, despite Watson’s (and later Atkins’) testimony, Susan Atkins will always be seen as Tate’s murderer.

by Anonymousreply 60August 19, 2019 7:02 PM

I have always been fascinated by this murder. And terrified by it.

by Anonymousreply 61March 18, 2020 12:23 AM

I always wanted to read this

by Anonymousreply 62March 18, 2020 2:04 AM

It always seemed odd to me that Hollywood stars and other entertainers who lived through that era never seem to want to discuss the Tate murders. What do they have to hide? According to Tom O’Neill, Diane Ladd became hysterical when he inquired if he could interview her about the murders. And she wasn’t even close to any of the victims.

by Anonymousreply 63March 18, 2020 9:52 AM

Manson was obviously a gate crasher in Hollywood before the Tate murders. LOTS of celebs, fringe or A List knew him, or about him. We know about Terry Melcher and Dennis Wilson. Mama Cass had an open house policy - it's been speculated she knew a lot of Charlie's family. Being stained with association could have derailed careers. Candice Bergen could tell more.

by Anonymousreply 64March 18, 2020 11:53 AM

I also think they just choose to not give acknowledgement to those murderers

by Anonymousreply 65March 19, 2020 12:00 AM

Oh, no I couldn’t sleep last night & watched “Charlie Says” on TV. Gilly from Game of Thrones as the beautiful Leslie Van Houten & Kevin Bacon’s kid as hairy, overweight Patricia Krenwinkle was soooo wrong. Why did they even make that film.? It was like a Datalounge EST.

by Anonymousreply 66March 19, 2020 3:55 PM

Charles Manson was their drug dealer, duh. He had Gary Hinman killed & he shot Bernard Lotsa Poppa Crowe (and thought he was dead) because he was removing the competition. That’s why celebs were quiet about him & his family. One celeb said the sewers of LA were probably toxic due to the amount of drugs flushed down the toilet the day after Tate. The celebs thought LAPD was actually competent & not thoroughly corrupt and would come knocking at their doors when investigating the murders, since Manson supplied so many of them. Charlie Manson was waging a war among drug dealers & took out more competitors than LAPD & the DA’s office admit. Cops would never have spent much time investigating Hinman. They knew it was a drug hit and shrugged, but Bobby Beausoleil was so stupid he fell asleep in Hinman’s car and got himself arrested. Lotsa Poppa never called the police after he was shot - he’d been holding Tex Watson’s ex-girlfriend in his apartment demanding $2500 he’d paid the family for 25 kilos of weed that never arrived.

by Anonymousreply 67March 19, 2020 4:19 PM

Krenwinkle’s hairy legs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 19, 2020 4:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!