Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Glass closet yay or nay?

Given that it’s 2019 and that there’s a multiple of celebrities and public figures who live out and proud (including a front runner for the democratic nominee) should we in the Queer community continue to accept those who remain in the glass closet? Additionally how do those who remain in the closet hurt the community? Do we place too much expectations on Queer public figures to represent the community or is it a responsibility that they have to carry due to living a public life?

by Anonymousreply 188October 17, 2019 9:33 AM

Nay. It pisses me off when people have a platform to make a difference and don’t, especially when they’re already been in their career for many years and have millions of dollars.

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2019 5:16 AM

You lost almost all of us when you said Queer.

by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2019 5:31 AM

Queer is just an easier term to use than LGBTTQQIAAP etc R2 sorry if any offence has been caused.

by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2019 5:43 AM

No one has a "responsibility" to validate anyone else. Live your life; leave others to live theirs.

by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2019 6:12 AM

R4 = Closet Case

by Anonymousreply 5August 10, 2019 6:20 AM

No closet case here. I've been an activist since 1978. I just don't think forcing your personal agenda on others is helpful. Lead by example.

by Anonymousreply 6August 10, 2019 6:36 AM

Not sure what you mean by “accept”. We’ve always discussed glass closeted celebrities on here, researching, speculating, and announcing all their business. It’s just no longer in fashion to out celebrities in major platforms, Perez Hilton. That’s not going to change anytime soon, so this conversation is a bit moot.

by Anonymousreply 7August 10, 2019 7:21 AM

Should have read “...platforms, e.g. Perez Hilton.”

by Anonymousreply 8August 10, 2019 7:22 AM

But by not outing public figures who are well known to the community as being LBGTQ on platforms (such as Perez Hilton) does this not continue the assumption that it’s either be out or not have a career in the public arena, the more who come out forced or otherwise the more accepted we as a community become? Especially when those who come out are heteronormative role models such as sports stars for example.

by Anonymousreply 9August 10, 2019 7:51 AM

*Be out and not have a career in the public arena

by Anonymousreply 10August 10, 2019 7:53 AM

I believe it's difficult for an entire community, may that be the Gay, the LGBT, or the Queer Community, to decide what, or who, is acceptable or not acceptable when it comes to glass closet guys.

No matter what community you are part of (Gay, LGBT, Queer) being out and proud isn't easy. Especially when you've been outed and didn't come out yourself.

[quote] Given that it’s 2019 and that there’s a multiple of celebrities and public figures who live out and proud (including a front runner for the democratic nominee) should we in the Queer community continue to accept those who remain in the glass closet?

I accept people for being flawed human beings, just like I am and I am sure OP is as well.

Personally I think it's bullshit to put celebs on a pedestal (or look up to, who we consider, authority figures in general) and seek their guidance or approval and have certain expectations that have to be met.

When I like a celeb it's usually because they have some sort of talent or are at least easy on the eye. The celeb being (openly) gay, LGBT, or Queer is a plus though. But I do understand that some celebs hide certain things in order to have the mass appeal they are supposed to have.

by Anonymousreply 11August 10, 2019 9:01 AM

[quote]we in the Queer community

[italic]We[/italic] are not "in the Queer community." [italic]We[/italic] are gay.

by Anonymousreply 12August 10, 2019 9:11 AM

I think what infuriates me is across the world people are fighting, being tortured and dying for the right to love someone of the same sex and celebrities (pedestal or not) have the power to influence public opinion and bring attention to the cause and when they don’t use that power I feel they negate the right to have a career in the public eye, if you can make the world a better place make it better right?

Additionally if your out in private but are publicly seen with your partner then surely doesn’t the media have the right to name that person as said partner? If you want something to remain private you keep it private by not doing it in public.

by Anonymousreply 13August 10, 2019 9:52 AM

R6: Larry Kramer

by Anonymousreply 14August 10, 2019 10:06 AM

[QUOTE] Additionally if your out in private but are publicly seen with your partner then surely doesn’t the media have the right to name that person as said partner?

This poster is the Welp Troll. She's a Charmie and a Larrie.

by Anonymousreply 15August 10, 2019 10:08 AM

As someone who was in a long-term relationship with a closeted actor, I feel that staying in the closet is inherently selfish and somewhat fraudulent in this day and age. My ex only did it to advance his career - he was out and proud in private to family, friends and colleagues, but in public he hooked up with a bi actress co-star and they slobbered over each other in public so they both looked straight. As his partner, I found it very difficult to deal with, especially when he would choose to take her to interesting exhibits and galleries instead of me (we met at one, they're a passion of mine) because there was a chance they could be photographed together. I know that placing his career above his personal life will be his downfall as he's not strong enough to cope with life's challenges without support, but there's nothing I can do about that now.

As an aside, I have noticed a generation gap in reactions to closeted celebrities. Older gay men and lesbians seem to be more willing to let the closeted be, whereas LGBTQ millennials like my friends and I are less tolerant of them.

by Anonymousreply 16August 10, 2019 10:18 AM

Oooh JAGUAR, R16!

Such a hoe.

80% of lgbt ppl aren't out at work, and never intend to be.

by Anonymousreply 17August 10, 2019 10:22 AM

[quote]LGBTQ millennials like my friends and I are less tolerant of them.

Yet you're tolerant enough of the initialclature that you use it yourself. Oh, well.

by Anonymousreply 18August 10, 2019 10:24 AM

It comes down to the basic insecurity issue of the need to control others in order to feel good about yourself. In this case: Celebs need to be a certain way so I can feel good about myself. And it's the celebs' fault that I cannot feel good about myself since they don't obey to my command! Shame on them.

Once people let go of that silly need to be validated by society, their peers, authority figures, or the celebs they worship they feel a lot more free.

by Anonymousreply 19August 10, 2019 10:30 AM

It's not the *Glass* closet that's the biggest problem.

Celebs in the glass closet are usually halfway out and aren't really pretending to be straight or pretending to date members of the opposite sex.

It's the gay celebs who are denying they are gay and bearding up in the year 2019 who are setting the worst example.

by Anonymousreply 20August 10, 2019 10:39 AM

For an outsider like me the whole closet life thing is one hell of a scam to me. Especially when it comes to celebrities. All that money you have to spend on a fake straight life in order to make more money so you can finance your private and your fake life. I would resent spending every single dime on something like my fake girlfriend (and everybody who is part of it including the beard). And then having to set money aside for emergencies like when you get blackmailed or else the jig is up and you may lose everything.

by Anonymousreply 21August 10, 2019 10:46 AM

But we do live in a society where social validation and acceptance is needed R19, lack of validation from your peers and family causes all sorts of psychological trauma.

And yes it is a generational thing it seems those over 40+ seem more willing to accept closet cases.

R20 I don’t know, if someone keeps something private can you really tell whats going on? Plus if they display a relationship in public and yet never acknowledge that they’re in a relationship doesn’t that continue the myth that being out is detrimental to your career? and thus continuing the whole closeting cycle, game whatever you want to call it for yet another generation.

by Anonymousreply 22August 10, 2019 10:55 AM

[quote] But we do live in a society where social validation and acceptance is needed [R19], lack of validation from your peers and family causes all sorts of psychological trauma.

And that is why most of us are fucked up. We care more about what others think of us than what we think of ourselves. We rather hide our sexual identity to get people's approval, respect, and validation and then feel shitty all the time, because we struggle with the thought that there must be more to life than making other people happy while you feel miserable.

by Anonymousreply 23August 10, 2019 11:37 AM

[quote] lack of validation from your peers and family causes all sorts of psychological trauma.

The issue is that you were raised to value other people's validation above your own. That destructive belief causes the mental conflict and trauma.

The problem is we have a conscious and we have a subconscious and when they are on the same page everything is superfine, but when one wants to go in one direction (other people's approval matters most) and the other one wants to go in a different direction (my own approval of myself matters most) that's what causes all the mental problems which can express themselves with physical symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 24August 10, 2019 11:43 AM

I don't understand why glass closet actors and singers receive way more backlash than the ones who are openly bearding (without fooling noone).

by Anonymousreply 25August 10, 2019 11:50 AM

Whats difference between "Glass closet" and "closet"?

by Anonymousreply 26August 10, 2019 11:57 AM

It's very simple, a celebrity in the glass closet is living his life as gay, not hiding, same sex couple, and all that jazz, he simply is not publicly out.

Someone in the closet generally denies being out and do pr stunts "dating" an actress and model (for publicity but as a way to deny gay rumours)

by Anonymousreply 27August 10, 2019 12:02 PM

[quote] It's very simple, a celebrity in the glass closet is living his life as gay, not hiding, same sex couple, and all that jazz, he simply is not publicly out.

There's absolutely nothing "closeted" about that, that's being out. Name a celebrity that fits that description who is not "publicly out".

by Anonymousreply 28August 10, 2019 12:29 PM

Julian Morris

by Anonymousreply 29August 10, 2019 12:30 PM

Cody Fern, Tyler Blackburn just before coming out.

There a good bunch of actors who were out on their private life but not to the public, a lot of them came out in recent years

by Anonymousreply 30August 10, 2019 12:33 PM

Harry Styles is in a glass closet but he's bi.

by Anonymousreply 31August 10, 2019 12:38 PM

Name a celebrity that people have heard of.

by Anonymousreply 32August 10, 2019 12:38 PM

r32 Julian Morris

by Anonymousreply 33August 10, 2019 12:39 PM

R24 The lack of validation from a parental figure is a massive contributing factor to mental health disorders such as BPD for example. Another example is the new phenomenon of muscle dysmorphia, studies have shown that instagram use is a massive contributing factor in that disorder, the core message here is self acceptance is of course the most important thing but most of us don’t live in an isolated bubble how we feel is influenced by society. In-fact studies into gay adolescents and young adults have shown a massive contributing factor to gay men and suicide is a lack of peer and parental validation and acceptance.

by Anonymousreply 34August 10, 2019 1:13 PM

[quote]Additionally if your out in private

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 35August 10, 2019 1:56 PM

Sorry grammar monkey, I’ll try to do better lol.

by Anonymousreply 36August 10, 2019 5:46 PM

R3 Sure and the N word is so much easier than African American.

Learn some damn respect before making assumptions. Queer is just short hand for a bunch of pretenders who want to be super cool, still in mixed gender gender orientation but will soon identify as heterosexual. They’ll move to the burbs, drop crotch fruit and forget all about the gay community.

Gay or Bi. Fuck the rest of the poseurs.

by Anonymousreply 37August 10, 2019 8:12 PM

[quote]There's absolutely nothing "closeted" about that, that's being out. Name a celebrity that fits that description who is not "publicly out".

Queen Latifah. There are pics of her kissing and holding hands with her girlfriend (whi reportedly had a baby recently) but she refuses to talk about her personal life.

by Anonymousreply 38August 10, 2019 8:20 PM

Right but Latifah doesn’t pretend to be straight, right? I figure if she’s that fucked up about it she’s not much of an asset anyway. Same with the glass closet cases. They’ve got a pretty interesting set of values to live like that. The people who enable them - lovers who go along with it - are just as questionable. And suckers.

by Anonymousreply 39August 10, 2019 8:31 PM

Im sorry R37 I didn’t realise that term caused so much offence, shall we just say non heteronormative, though thats still a bit of a mouthful or how about sexually fluid or on the sexuality spectrum. As most people today would not identify as heterosexual as they can now, today, finally in 2019 admit that they have had a same sex experience (even if that includes just a cheeky kiss from one male to another), does the fact that they have had that single experience means they cannot be included in the all inclusive, non discriminatory Queer community? Personally I identify as gay but I recognise that there’s a range of different identities and preferences and who am I to discount another’s identity, just a thought but I would really like to hear the differing opinions on this subject but perhaps in a different thread as in this one I am trying to gage opinions on the glass closet and how it helps or is a hindrance to our community?

by Anonymousreply 40August 10, 2019 9:09 PM

So is harry styles, Miles heizer or Richard madden helping us or still continuing the myth that being gay or bi will destroy your career? I think the whole glass closet is absurd, it’s so blatantly obvious that they are in relationships with men and yet can’t say “this is the man I love”, surely their fans know and obviously don’t care as they continue to support them, so why not say those words, you make your partner happy and bring a little joy into the world and showing to some poor 16 year old that has dreams of being an actor, sports star or politician etc that you don’t have to compromise who you are to a successful career in the public eye.

by Anonymousreply 41August 10, 2019 9:22 PM

Unless the person in question is a politician who actively advocates against gays, then it's on him to come out, not on me to force him out.

Just because he's a well-known actor or singer doesn't mean he has an obligation to tell us who he likes to sleep with. And "glass closet"--where they are not actively dating anyone beard or gay man--who cares?

I worry about myself and let others worry about themselves.

It would be great to live in a world where people never think twice about announcing sexual preferences, but we don't so live and let live.

by Anonymousreply 42August 10, 2019 9:22 PM

Fuck, just reading through the other responses.

This is s stealth thread for Larries to trick us into saying that Harry should come out of the closet. (You can tell they're female Larries, because saying he is "bi" both leaves the door open for him to fall in love with them and to explain why he hasn't fallen in love with them yet."

SMH

by Anonymousreply 43August 10, 2019 9:24 PM

See R42 that is such a westernised individualist value system, if it weren’t for groups of people creating a social movement then we wouldn’t have the rights we have today and as people in the public eye use those rights by having a same sex partner then they also, as we all do have an obligation to fight for those rights. As history has taught us that in liberal countries civil rights can easily be taken away.

by Anonymousreply 44August 10, 2019 9:29 PM

Well I live in Westernized country with an individualist value system, R44.

And I'm not sure that some C-list celebrity announcing they are gay in 2019 creates a social movement as much as it increases TMZ's ad revenue that day.

But that's just me.

by Anonymousreply 45August 10, 2019 9:33 PM

Every bit counts, every actor, every politician, every sports person who comes out continues to boost our representation in society making it a fairer better world, I guess it comes to if you have civic values or greed is good values.

by Anonymousreply 46August 10, 2019 9:38 PM

R45: Their coming out won't help you, but this is not about you.

If everybody stays in the closet gay rights will be totally erased.

And i'm not talking about coming out if they are not prepared, but living the whole life in the closet is not a great solution.

Glass closet is not remotely the same that bearding (that shows a lot of self hate and greed, and of course it's not the same beard when you are starting your career than keeping the charade when you are an established actor or singer)

by Anonymousreply 47August 10, 2019 9:46 PM

[quote]it's not the same beard when you are starting your career than keeping the charade when you are an established actor or singer)

Or Olympic figure skater.

by Anonymousreply 48August 10, 2019 11:54 PM

[quote]It's the gay celebs who are denying they are gay and bearding up in the year 2019 who are setting the worst example.

by Anonymousreply 49August 11, 2019 1:22 AM

but aren't glass closeted celebs doing the same thing by lying by omission.

by Anonymousreply 50August 11, 2019 2:53 AM

False equivalency.

The assertion here is that celebs or people in business somehow "owe" others anything. They don't. They're just as entitled to their privacy as anyone else. The slippery slope fallacy is once anyone loses their privacy, we all do. You slept around while your other half was away? Everyone can be as indiscreet as they wish in sharing those pictures as possible and calling out your WORST EXAMPLE.

Go ahead, fall into the trap of being glass prison celled instead.

by Anonymousreply 51August 11, 2019 3:44 AM

Wow im kinda surprised and saddened by all the support closet cases seem to get but your wrong in that they don’t owe us something they do, they decided to have a public life and the lack of privacy is something that goes with that, if they don’t like it they don’t have to choose a career in the public eye, but their narcissistic personality traits drove them into a place where they seek adulation and mass attention which also means mass scrutiny, on their looks, values and behaviours such as being in a glass closet, if they don’t like being called out on who they truly are then they don’t have to be seen out with their partner.

by Anonymousreply 52August 11, 2019 4:10 AM

You think you can just walk into their house, then? Harass them publicly?

Give it your best shot. It's called stalking.

by Anonymousreply 53August 11, 2019 4:17 AM

No but if their with their partner at a bar, club or restaurant thats a public forum where the expectation of privacy goes out the window.

by Anonymousreply 54August 11, 2019 4:21 AM

In fact legally the only place one can expect privacy in a public place is in bathrooms and changing rooms.

by Anonymousreply 55August 11, 2019 4:25 AM

I think your definition is a bit vague. Intruding on someone's personal life for what R52 describes is harassment bordering on stalking. Not just ordinary gossip. This is where we run off in the deranged boil-your-bunny area.

California provides for celebrities to obtain restraining order against stalkers. It's not an unusual problem because of mentally ill people who think they are entitled to the lives of others.

by Anonymousreply 56August 11, 2019 4:33 AM

Who said anything about stalking weirdo, if you see someone at a gay bar and take a picture of them guess what you can do whatever the hell you want with that picture including splashing it over the internet, the arrogance of celebrities is they feel they should be able to have it both ways privacy in public and yet attention for living a public life. If you don’t like it go work at wallmart.

by Anonymousreply 57August 11, 2019 4:38 AM

That's a very American view R57. Once you leave the US - no, you can't do that. You can't take pictures of people without their consent in most countries, nor can you post images that identify location or post people's faces and personal information without their consent.

by Anonymousreply 58August 11, 2019 4:54 AM

In most liberal westernised nations yes you can and I say this as a brit.

by Anonymousreply 59August 11, 2019 4:55 AM

The brits are every bit as fucked up as the Americans. Don't try it in Germany.

by Anonymousreply 60August 11, 2019 4:56 AM

And how many Hollywood stars live in Germany?

by Anonymousreply 61August 11, 2019 5:01 AM

How many have left Hollywood because of the insane fan behavior and lack of civility?

by Anonymousreply 62August 11, 2019 5:08 AM

Not that many R62 and it doesn’t matter Australia, the UK, Ireland, France, Spain and Portugal etc all have the same basic laws on photography in a public place, you can take a picture of what ever you like.

by Anonymousreply 63August 11, 2019 5:12 AM

Have you lived in each of those countries, or are you just gasbagging?

by Anonymousreply 64August 11, 2019 5:15 AM

In fact if you truly want privacy you’d have to live in an quite authoritarian state like China, but that also would mean giving up tons of civil rights, like you know not being discriminated against for being gay.

by Anonymousreply 65August 11, 2019 5:15 AM

R64 their was a thread on here about a guy who took a picture of a hot guy on the subway and how its not pervy anyways reading that led me to find out that yes in most countries you can take pictures of what ever you like.

by Anonymousreply 66August 11, 2019 5:20 AM

What you may not have known is in the UK the Human Rights Act, Articles 8 and 10 prohibit taking pictures of individuals without their consent. The exception is where there is a compelling public interest. There's been a good amount of coverage about the lawsuits against Hello! and other magazines that violated the law and harassed people.

You may be thinking of "photography at public events" which meets the exception of non-infringement of privacy. But otherwise, no.

by Anonymousreply 67August 11, 2019 5:24 AM

Is “glass closet” a new made-up phrase?

The term “glass ceiling” makes sense.

This one doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 68August 11, 2019 5:27 AM

Taking Photographs in a Public Place. Taking photos in a public place is not illegal. The only time an offence is committed is if the photographs being taken are considered to be indecent. There is no law preventing people from taking photographs in public.

Avon and Somerset Police

by Anonymousreply 69August 11, 2019 5:27 AM

Even if your proposed stalking behavior is legal, what good does it do to drag someone from a private position? Why would you want or need to do that? That behaviour doesn't further our mission; it makes us look militant and unkind. Be comfortable with yourself, leave others alone.

by Anonymousreply 70August 11, 2019 5:29 AM

If they don’t like scrutiny then don’t become famous, it’s the fact that they are not willing to stand up and fight for the rights that they themselves take for granted is my grievance. Especially since they have the position to do so and make a positive change, but most celebs are selfish and only think if their own needs above that of the men and women who continually on a daily basis fight LBGTQ discrimination.

by Anonymousreply 71August 11, 2019 5:36 AM

If they don’t like scrutiny then don’t become famous, it’s the fact that they are not willing to stand up and fight for the rights that they themselves take for granted is my grievance. Especially since they have the position to do so and make a positive change, but most celebs are selfish and only think if their own needs above that of the men and women who continually on a daily basis fight LBGTQ discrimination.

by Anonymousreply 72August 11, 2019 5:36 AM

[quote]R21 All that money you have to spend on a fake straight life in order to make more money so you can finance your private and your fake life.

What expenses are you talking about?

[quote]I would resent spending every single dime on something like my fake girlfriend (and everybody who is part of it including the beard)

Why do you think it’s an expensive process? Do you think they buy someone a house each time they go out, or fund a doctorate degree? Usually the other person is LGBT as well, and wanting to dress up their own image by being seen with another “straight” person (who doesn’t expect sex from them.). Or they’re a friend who doesn’t mind doing the celeb a favor by attending functions with them here and there.

PS: you sound really cheap. It’s not an attractive quality.

by Anonymousreply 73August 11, 2019 5:40 AM

We think it's marvelous!

by Anonymousreply 74August 11, 2019 5:41 AM

You seem to know alot about the closet celebrity game R73 might you be a closeted celebrity? Now which one are you?

by Anonymousreply 75August 11, 2019 5:44 AM

Too many closet case apologists on this thread, it makes me wonder if DL is just made up of closet case queens who only get some nasty on the down low.

by Anonymousreply 76August 11, 2019 5:48 AM

Most of us simply have more regard for the right of privacy. It's in the Constitution. It's foundational to most western society going back to the 13th century.

by Anonymousreply 77August 11, 2019 5:52 AM

Privacy in your home yes of course, but outside no dear you don’t.

by Anonymousreply 78August 11, 2019 5:54 AM

R52, why are you even posting here when it's pitifully clear that you failed English?

by Anonymousreply 79August 11, 2019 8:09 AM

Wow, r79. He wrote that as all one sentence.

by Anonymousreply 80August 11, 2019 8:11 AM

This is definitely a stealth thread for Larries, as someone claimed upthread, and illiterate Larries to boot.

Larries teach their disciples that closeted celebs travel with the same beard all over the world, and also buy 'public houses' for £4m so they can hide their real house that they share with their bandmate. I am, of course, alluding to Louis Tomlinson and his partner Eleanor.

Larries also indoctrinate their hapless followers into expecting zero red carpet pics with beards, as blurry fan taken ones are more 'authentic'.

by Anonymousreply 81August 11, 2019 8:19 AM

Former professional tennis player Jan-Michael Gambill is out in every way except for having made a public announcement about it. He'd be the highest ranked and most famous male player to come out if he ever did.

It could be argued that if he were to make some kind of announcement about it it would be good for younger players who might be struggling with their sexuality and no active male player has ever come out and I get that. But if he's living the life of a gay man without having to make such an announcement then why would he?

It's easy for us to suggest celebrities owe it to us to come put publicly but for some it's just not necessary. Why make life more difficult if you don't have to?

by Anonymousreply 82August 11, 2019 8:28 AM

R68: You are a bit dense, the term is really easy to understand. You are living in the closet because you came out publicly but you are doing it in plain sight. In fact some magazines are not that shy implying that celebrity can be gay (they don't go the full affirmation because they fear a lawsuit).

the truth is unless you are really a big star, magazines don't care about same sex couple beyond the coming out and the first news they are a couple.

Not everybody feels the nedd to talk about his private life, i recognize that some of them are really hypocrites because they talk a lot about other aspects of their lives.

And of course you have weird interviews like what Julian Morris did to promote the man in the orange shirt when he was questioned about his inspiration to play a gay character he talked about gay friends when he is in a relationship with a gay for more than a decade and a half

But i repeat, it's not remotely the same that being in the closet and bearding. There's shame in bearding and greed in some cases, and the worst thing is some of those closet cases want to be "straight allies" which will be funny if it wasn't so sad

by Anonymousreply 83August 11, 2019 10:48 AM

R77: Privacy has nothing to do with coming out. A straight celebrity can be very private and everybody knows he is straight.

Coming out doesn't mean you have to talk about your sex life or even your dating life

by Anonymousreply 84August 11, 2019 10:51 AM

[quote]but your wrong

Oh, dear.

[quote]No but if their with their partner at a bar,

Oh, dear!

[quote]their was a thread on here

Oh, DEAR!!

by Anonymousreply 85August 11, 2019 2:26 PM

Holy fuckin run on sentence!

r52/r58/r66 do you know what a period is?! Fuck, you’re illiterate.

by Anonymousreply 86August 11, 2019 2:26 PM

[quote]r83 You are a bit dense, R68, the term is really easy to understand. You are living in the closet because you came out publicly but you are doing it in plain sight.

This does not help me understand the term.

by Anonymousreply 87August 11, 2019 2:40 PM

Hello grammar monkeys, it’s good to know you’re still around, hows life as an OAP by the way? Love you xoxo.

by Anonymousreply 88August 11, 2019 3:54 PM

Wow so much tolerance for closet cases. As someone who was made homeless at 16 for being gay and open about who I am, I find it extremely difficult and shameful for people who don’t have any excuse to hide who they are to continue to do so, but that’s just coming from my personal experience. I guess It comes down to your value set and self respect, which most celebrities don’t have.

by Anonymousreply 89August 11, 2019 4:05 PM

What the hell is a Larrie?

by Anonymousreply 90August 11, 2019 4:10 PM

[quote] being gay or bi will destroy your career?

Being bi doesn't destroy your career.

by Anonymousreply 91August 11, 2019 4:18 PM

R90 don't ask.

by Anonymousreply 92August 11, 2019 4:18 PM

[quote]r89 people who don’t have any excuse to hide who they are

As someone who's worked in the entertainment industry (though was never closeted, myself), I never judged performers for staying closeted. They have such a small chance of making, or keeping, a career, anyway, and the window of time in which to do so is so relatively short ... I can't judge them for not wanting to create any situation that could be used against them. Even if it's stupid, and we know actors aren't the characters they play, the public in general isn't THAT smart. Tom Cruise simply wouldn't have had the career he's had if he were openly gay.

For closeted politicians it's a different standard, because they're involved in policy making, and of course their decisions are effected (affected?) by their personal lives. But performers are fantasy figures and if they don't want to come out because it could keep them from getting straight roles I can understand that. Who am I to fuck with their paycheck?

by Anonymousreply 93August 11, 2019 4:22 PM

Exactly my point R93, greed.

by Anonymousreply 94August 11, 2019 4:25 PM

Wanting to have a successful career and a choice of jobs isn't greed. Rather, it's what many people aim for in life.

by Anonymousreply 95August 11, 2019 4:29 PM

It is R95 when you can’t be open about who you are, you’re putting money above yourself. And though I agree performers don’t shape policy, they do however shape culture and can lay the ground work for future performers to not have to go through the shame shit they want through. Again values and self respect vs big fat paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 96August 11, 2019 4:34 PM

[QUOTE] their was a thread on here about a guy who took a picture of a hot guy on the subway and how its not pervy anyways reading that led me to find out that yes in most countries you can take pictures of what ever you like.

Ashamed of my fellow Brit and his atrocious written English.

by Anonymousreply 97August 11, 2019 4:37 PM

Sorry for being dyslexic R97, though I am really loving your input into the debate.

by Anonymousreply 98August 11, 2019 4:39 PM

The ‘everyone’s entitled to a private life’ argument is inherently homophobic. Why is the observation that someone is gay a violation of their privacy? It’s never considered invasive to remark on someone being heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 99August 11, 2019 4:40 PM

[quote]r96 when you can’t be open about who you are, you’re putting money above yourself.

No stage names, hair dyes or nose jobs for your performers either, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 100August 11, 2019 4:45 PM

It's comfy here in the glass closet!

by Anonymousreply 101August 11, 2019 4:46 PM

I think it's kind of a boundary issue - you live your own life how you want, and let others do the same.

by Anonymousreply 102August 11, 2019 4:50 PM

Julian would never use such a lame word as "comfy."

by Anonymousreply 103August 11, 2019 4:53 PM

It depends R100 if a celeb gets caught coming out of the cosmetic surgery clinic, then yes they should be open about it, but if it’s done out of sight then no.

by Anonymousreply 104August 11, 2019 4:53 PM

But changing who they naturally are means they're not being true to and publicly proud of who they really are, according to your standard.

by Anonymousreply 105August 11, 2019 4:56 PM

Had everyone done that in the 60’s R102 gay rights wouldn’t exist.

by Anonymousreply 106August 11, 2019 4:56 PM

Gay rights starting in the 60s were advanced by outing people? Who?

by Anonymousreply 107August 11, 2019 4:58 PM

Your right R105, fuck those plastic bitches.

by Anonymousreply 108August 11, 2019 4:58 PM

r107, people were outing themselves by coming out of the closet, rather than lying about who they were

by Anonymousreply 109August 11, 2019 5:05 PM

I suppose insecurity over ones talent also plays apart in this. I’ve noticed those who are secure in their talent are more likely to be open about their sexuality, but this is a quite recent phenomena, Sam Smith is an example if this.

by Anonymousreply 110August 11, 2019 5:13 PM

I never said I was against people coming out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 111August 11, 2019 5:13 PM

^^ in response to

[quote]r109 people were outing themselves by coming out of the closet, rather than lying about who they were

by Anonymousreply 112August 11, 2019 5:15 PM

[QUOTE] Sorry for being dyslexic [R97], though I am really loving your input into the debate.

No sign of dyslexia, hoe. Just incompetent English. Too much group work and not enough copying off the board at your grim secondary school.

by Anonymousreply 113August 11, 2019 5:16 PM

[quote]It depends R100 if a celeb gets caught coming out of the cosmetic surgery clinic, then yes they should be open about it, but if it’s done out of sight then no.

Didn’t you just describe a relationship? Most people are not fucking in public, hence “out of sight.” So what business is it of ours who they’re fucking?

by Anonymousreply 114August 11, 2019 6:29 PM

It's frightening to see how close we are to fascism. We are no longer allowed to disagree. Everyone must row in the same boat or be thrown overboard. I happen to enjoy spending time with people I don't agree with, or have anything in common with. It's scary to think that privilege could go away.

by Anonymousreply 115August 11, 2019 8:08 PM

[quote]Everyone must row in the same boat or be thrown overboard.

If you ain’t rowin’ your ass needs to go overboard. You’re just dead weight. We tryin’ to get to shore.

Seriously, I like the analogy but found it amusing. I agree with your premise though.

by Anonymousreply 116August 11, 2019 8:16 PM

R115: Depends of what you mean with disagree. When a gay actor decides to beard he is mocking gay people, he is faking for his own gain (i know that in some cases they are more or less forced to do it, but there are examples of very established actors who still do it).

Not everyone has the same background, and not everyone is comfortable expossing parts of his life, and i understand that. Everyone should come out at their own pace, but what some of these guys do is almost ridiculous.

I understand glass closet as a step to coming out, but it's obvious that for some people it's simply a comfortable way of not being brave.

And it's true that nobody owns us anything, but nobody owns them not talking about their sexual orientation either. Being gay doesn't mean your career is over anymore

by Anonymousreply 117August 11, 2019 8:47 PM

[Quote] Even if it's stupid, and we know actors aren't the characters they play

If only shippers knew this.

[Quote] Being gay doesn't mean your career is over anymore

Maybe not over, but sadly in other parts of the world it's still a huge fucking deal. And if you want to be an a-lister with international appeal......

by Anonymousreply 118August 12, 2019 12:56 AM

R100 and R105 If you have a flaw why not change it, but is being gay a flaw?

by Anonymousreply 119August 12, 2019 2:32 AM

This can't be repeated enough, R12.

by Anonymousreply 120August 12, 2019 2:44 AM

"It's frightening to see how close we are to fascism. We are no longer allowed to disagree."

Except you are disagreeing now, Einstein. No one is arresting you. Stop comparing everything you don't like to "fascism"

by Anonymousreply 121August 12, 2019 2:47 AM

[quote]It is [R95] when you can’t be open about who you are, you’re putting money above yourself.

That's a pretty common thing and pretty low bar.

by Anonymousreply 122August 12, 2019 2:57 AM

How so R122?

by Anonymousreply 123August 12, 2019 3:24 AM

Because the generic “can’t be open about who you are” would cover not telling your boss you hate them, for example.

by Anonymousreply 124August 12, 2019 3:52 AM

r124, hating one person is not the same thing as your orientation. Try again.

by Anonymousreply 125August 12, 2019 4:13 AM

'Everyone should come out at their own pace, but what some of these guys do is almost ridiculous'

Examples? I can guarantee it's some tinhat/Welp Troll fantasy, not genuine bearding at all. You're the kind of gullible person who believes in Larry and Charmie.

by Anonymousreply 126August 12, 2019 4:14 PM

Well, we have plenty of examples, like what Ricky Martin did, or you have Ian Thorpe who was very heterosexual in his autobiography, or you have several youtubers who made their own "i'm not gay videos", something that Tom Daley did too.

Some of the new coming outs are even smart enough to come out as queer or bi, but it's highly suspcious that Ashley Benson is married to a woman now and Tyler Blackburn is dating a guy

R125 Not everybody seems to live in fanfiction world like you, but you must be really blind to believe some of HW relationships are real

by Anonymousreply 127August 12, 2019 5:36 PM

"Not everybody seems to live in fanfiction world like you, but you must be really blind to believe some of HW relationships are real"

What fanfiction world? Did you even read my post? I didn't say anything about "Hollywood relationships" in my post, either.

by Anonymousreply 128August 13, 2019 3:08 AM

R128: Do you talk about the post talking about Larries and Charmies? That post?

Nobody was talking about them

by Anonymousreply 129August 13, 2019 1:20 PM

You never, ever, have to lie to protect a closeted individual. Never. The closet case's lack of personal integrity should never be allowed to diminish anyone else's integrity.

Context is everything in this discussion. If a Catholic priest is gay and keeps his vow of celibacy and struggles daily in his prayers to deal with being gay, that's entirely his and he is keeping it his. But if a Catholic priest is gay and sexually active - which is something you know for an actual fact - then it is no longer entirely his secret. He has made it a public matter by holding himself out to the public as being one sort of person, when that is a lie. And his vow of celibacy was a lie. And his support of a homophobic institution is damaging to everyone around him. That S.O.B. you are free to handle however you choose, so long as you have actual knowledge of his gay sexual activity.

If a closeted person goes to work and comes home and reads a book, that closet is his or hers to manage. If a closeted person goes after work to the local gay watering holes and hits on everyone there... that person has made this public. There is no closet. You are free to handle your own personal knowledge however you see fit.

You don't have to support anyone's closet, which means to support someone else's lie.

by Anonymousreply 130August 13, 2019 1:33 PM

I never said anything about the Larries and I don't even know what the fuck a "charmie" is

by Anonymousreply 131August 13, 2019 4:18 PM

[quote]r130 You never, ever have to lie to protect a closeted individual. Never.

Who's arguing otherwise?

by Anonymousreply 132August 13, 2019 4:50 PM

R129: Sorry, obviously wrong number

by Anonymousreply 133August 13, 2019 5:46 PM

There’s the closet-closet, and then the glass closet. But what is the name for those men who do the ‘I’m not gay, I’m a man-lover’ routine or any of its variants (eg ‘I’m not gay, I’m just a cock-craver’)? That’s some kind of closet.

by Anonymousreply 134August 13, 2019 7:44 PM

R134: Sorry but i don't know any celebrity who goes that way, maybe a porn star

by Anonymousreply 135August 13, 2019 8:20 PM

[quote]And of course you have weird interviews like what Julian Morris did to promote the man in the orange shirt when he was questioned about his inspiration to play a gay character he talked about gay friends when he is in a relationship with a gay for more than a decade and a half

You said this on the Julian Morris thread, too. But you're taking it a bit out of context.

I don't remember Julian saying much about 'gay friends'. But Julian did talk at length about how important he thought the the project would mean to gay men & women, what a beautiful love story it was, and he also said gay men shouldn't have to live the same way as heterosexuals.

So he spoke at more length than a straight actor would have, and dropped some hints he is gay in real life.

by Anonymousreply 136August 21, 2019 8:31 AM

The OP is homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 137September 20, 2019 8:13 PM

R13 You are confusing the rules of public/private as it relates to media (at least pre-TMZ media rules). The old rules allowed celebrities to live their lives as long as they didn’t show up at public events (premieres/awards shows) with a romantic partner.

by Anonymousreply 138September 20, 2019 8:56 PM

Aaron Rodgers may not be Wisconsins only pro athlete in the closet. I firmly believe through non public information that Ryan Braun is as well. He donates a lot of time and money to a Milwaukee AIDS charity. He spends time with Aaron also. Hmmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 139September 20, 2019 8:59 PM

Yes R137 I’m an out gay man who’s been out since I was 16 (and was made homeless because of it) and is now 32, who also gives to gay charities is homophobic.

Suck my dick and get the hell outta my thread bitch or I’ll cut you.

by Anonymousreply 140September 20, 2019 9:13 PM

OP is the Welp Troll f and f

by Anonymousreply 141September 21, 2019 2:26 AM

Fuck u R141 you Harry styles crazy ass nut job! I can block u and see everywhere you’ve posted and so far all I can see is this thread and The Harry styles thread.

And by the way, Harry if this is you, your a dirty little fucking cunt for what you did! I hope your new album fails you balding closet case loser!

by Anonymousreply 142September 21, 2019 2:42 AM

R16 = Jezza’s BFF Kris

by Anonymousreply 143September 21, 2019 3:26 AM

Your Millenial Friend, so often I read a post and think it’s great and 9/10 it’s you. Tip of the hat to you, good Sir!

by Anonymousreply 144September 21, 2019 3:35 AM

[Quote] The OP is homophobic.

[Quote] OP is the Welp Troll f and f

May as well just claim the OP is Mystique.

by Anonymousreply 145September 21, 2019 6:54 AM

The naive, semi literate OP has been indoctrinated by internet CT-ers, and genuinely thinks the following celebs are gay and are spending millions a year flying contracted beards all over the world. That's why he's personally so offended by them. In reality, the closet for young celebs in 2019 just involves saying you're too busy to have a relationship, or that your partner is a private civilian.

Here are the people (most of them straight) that the young OP loathes for 'bearding up':

Taylor Swift, Timothee Chalamet, Armie Hammer, Shawn Mendes, Harry Styles, Leo di Caprio, Simon Cowell, Louis Tomlinson (fake baby, anyone)?

He's basically raging about nothing.

by Anonymousreply 146September 21, 2019 10:34 AM

Harry Styles is in no way LGBTQIAXYZ, etc. He is a bland boring hetero trying to wink and nudge his way to become something more interesting. Are people actually falling for this crap?

by Anonymousreply 147September 21, 2019 1:14 PM

R147, agree HS is most likely straight.

He said in a GQ interview in 2013 that he wasn't bi. He also said in a Rolling Stone interview in 2017 that his first album was about his on/off relationship with Kendall Jenner, and this month said his second album is about breaking up with another model, Camille Rowe.

Maybe he 'messed around' with some cute guys and got a few blowjobs but I doubt he's done more than that. He is obsessed with the 70s and stars like Bowie and Jagger, who also flirted with bisexuality to be edgy, but married women later on.

by Anonymousreply 148September 21, 2019 1:57 PM

God the same poster from the Harry styles thread keeps posting his posts include

The Glass closet yay or nay? R6: Larry Kramer

The Glass closet yay or nay? [QUOTE] Additionally if your out in private but are publicly seen with your partner then surely doesn’t the media have the right to name that person as said partner?

This poster is the Welp Troll. She's a Charmie and a Larrie.

The Glass closet yay or nay? Oooh JAGUAR, R16!

Such a hoe.

80% of lgbt ppl aren't out at work, and never intend to be.

The Glass closet yay or nay? Harry Styles is in a glass closet but he's bi.

The Glass closet yay or nay? R52, why are you even posting here when it's pitifully clear that you failed English?

The Glass closet yay or nay? This is definitely a stealth thread for Larries, as someone claimed upthread, and illiterate Larries to boot.

Larries teach their disciples that closeted celebs travel with the same beard all over the world, and also buy 'public houses' for £4m so they can hide their real house that they share with their bandmate. I am, of course, alluding to Louis Tomlinson and his partner Eleanor.

Larries also indoctrinate their hapless followers into expecting zero red carpet pics with beards, as blurry fan taken ones are more 'authentic'.

The Glass closet yay or nay? [QUOTE] their was a thread on here about a guy who took a picture of a hot guy on the subway and how its not pervy anyways reading that led me to find out that yes in most countries you can take pictures of what ever you like.

Ashamed of my fellow Brit and his atrocious written English.

The Glass closet yay or nay? [QUOTE] Sorry for being dyslexic [R97], though I am really loving your input into the debate.

No sign of dyslexia, hoe. Just incompetent English. Too much group work and not enough copying off the board at your grim secondary school.

The Glass closet yay or nay? 'Everyone should come out at their own pace, but what some of these guys do is almost ridiculous'

Examples? I can guarantee it's some tinhat/Welp Troll fantasy, not genuine bearding at all. You're the kind of gullible person who believes in Larry and Charmie.

The Glass closet yay or nay? The OP is homophobic.

The Glass closet yay or nay? OP is the Welp Troll f and f

The Glass closet yay or nay? The naive, semi literate OP has been indoctrinated by internet CT-ers, and genuinely thinks the following celebs are gay and are spending millions a year flying contracted beards all over the world. That's why he's personally so offended by them. In reality, the closet for young celebs in 2019 just involves saying you're too busy to have a relationship, or that your partner is a private civilian.

Here are the people (most of them straight) that the young OP loathes for 'bearding up':

Taylor Swift, Timothee Chalamet, Armie Hammer, Shawn Mendes, Harry Styles, Leo di Caprio, Simon Cowell, Louis Tomlinson (fake baby, anyone)?

He's basically raging about nothing.

The Glass closet yay or nay? R147, agree HS is most likely straight.

He said in a GQ interview in 2013 that he wasn't bi. He also said in a Rolling Stone interview in 2017 that his first album was about his on/off relationship with Kendall Jenner, and this month said his second album is about breaking up with another model, Camille Rowe.

Maybe he 'messed around' with some cute guys and got a few blowjobs but I doubt he's done more than that. He is obsessed with the 70s and stars like Bowie and Jagger, who also flirted with bisexuality to be edgy, but married women later on

by Anonymousreply 149September 21, 2019 4:43 PM

Here’s a small list of some of the celebrities I think are in the closet.

Anyone who’s dated Taylor Swift oh and Taylor herself Chace Crawford Chris Pine Richard Armitage Cristiano Ronaldo Miles Heizer Jeremy Renner Emma Stone Kanye West Bradley Cooper Jacob Rees-Mogg

by Anonymousreply 150September 21, 2019 5:18 PM

Oh and before you Grammar and punctuation bitches jump all over me for no commas or full stops it was in a list and dl changed it to a paragraph.

by Anonymousreply 151September 21, 2019 5:26 PM

[QUOTE] Additionally if your out in private but are publicly seen with your partner then surely doesn’t the media have the right..

Please don't attribute the illiterate posts to me. I learned the you're/they're rules when I was seven years old, unlike the illiterate OP.

by Anonymousreply 152September 21, 2019 7:07 PM

R150, Taylor isn't gay! Are you one of those crazed Kaylors?

by Anonymousreply 153September 21, 2019 7:09 PM

You quoted a poster R152, you get that I can block you and see every thread you’ve posted in? Why don’t you do the same for me if you think I’m a troll.

by Anonymousreply 154September 21, 2019 7:42 PM

[QUOTE] You quoted a poster [R152], you get that I can block you and see every thread you’ve posted in? Why don’t you do the same for me if you think I’m a troll.

Of course I do, I've been posting here since 2014. But the stalker who posted my posting history posted a bunch of illiterate posts along with it, that belonged to the OP, who has appalling grammar.

by Anonymousreply 155September 21, 2019 8:14 PM

You’ve posted in 4 threads. The Eastenders thread, the harry styles is shirtless thread and CMBYN thread? Would you like me to post every comment you made as well?

by Anonymousreply 156September 21, 2019 8:18 PM

R156 - yep, go ahead. You need to exorcise the obsession you have with me somehow, don't you? Don't forget the BRF threads and the Dancer from the Dance threads.

Please do it properly, though. I don't want any of your posts with their infantile English attributed to me.

by Anonymousreply 157September 21, 2019 8:27 PM

[QUOTE] Every bit counts, every actor, every politician, every sports person who comes out continues to boost our representation in society making it a fairer better world, I guess it comes to if you have civic values or greed is good values.

So many mistakes! You shouldn't really be posting here at all, R156. Datalounge has a low tolerance for people with atrocious written English.

by Anonymousreply 158September 21, 2019 8:32 PM

Like I said I’m dyslexic, but here you go!

DL Obsession Timothee Chalamet making out on a yacht with Johnny Depp's daughter Lily Rose! The CMBYN fan fraus who think this emaciated hoe is dating Armie are TRIGGERED! Ballum from EastEnders - Ben and Callum, New Gay Soap Couple The original thread died because it is now subscription only, but this cute couple deserve their own thread.

by Anonymousreply 159September 21, 2019 8:37 PM

And

British Royal Family Gossip Part 94 Continue fat shaming and speculating, trolls! Out of these DL faves, who is most likely to be actually gay? By faves I mean, discussed a fair bit.

by Anonymousreply 160September 21, 2019 8:38 PM

And

Shirtless Harry Styles Graces The Cover of Rolling Stone [QUOTE] Like Harry? Harry probably is lgbt but Louis definitely isn't. Most of his fans like him because they think he's a poor abused, forcibly closeted, tragically bearding gay man. The discrepancy between the Louis of their fantasies and the real Louis is much bigger than the gap between the fantasy Harry and the real one.

by Anonymousreply 161September 21, 2019 8:40 PM

Shirtless Harry Styles Graces The Cover of Rolling Stone R388, the Rad Louies are odd ones. They are all ex Larries, and still believe the most extreme Larrie theories, such as El being a beard, F being Brett's son, management and PR teams being utterly corrupt and acting like dictators. They still think Louis is being simultaneously sabotaged AND forcibly closeted for profit, and can never explain how those two things could be going on at the same time. PR and management teams work for the artist and they would be fired or sued if they tried to implement the shenanigans that Louies think are going on with his career. Louis to me seems pretty outspoken and strong willed. Not a pushover at all. Larries and Rads represent him as a tiny quailing smol bean who needs their protection, which is why a lot of them refer to him as their 'son'.

by Anonymousreply 162September 21, 2019 8:44 PM

Would you like me to keep going? Or are you gonna shut the fuck up!

by Anonymousreply 163September 21, 2019 8:45 PM

Carry on. I'm very happy with all my well written contributions.

Sucks to be a tragic spaz who has never mastered basic punctuation or grammar, so pretends to be dyslexic in a bid to elicit sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 164September 21, 2019 8:46 PM

R163, I'm never going to shut up, nor am I perturbed by you sharing my posting history. You are an unintelligent homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 165September 21, 2019 8:48 PM

I am dyslexic, had the coloured glasses and everything. God I love this troll!

by Anonymousreply 166September 21, 2019 8:48 PM

The inconsistencies of your posts is what I don’t get, for example you say in this thread

“R147, agree HS is most likely straight.”

But then in the Shirtless Harry Styles Graces The Cover of Rolling Stone thread you say

“Harry probably is lgbt”

Which is it troll?

by Anonymousreply 167September 21, 2019 9:01 PM

'I am dyslexic, had the coloured glasses and everything.'

Odd, then, that your mistakes are in grammar and sentence structure, rather than in spelling. You are just bad at English. Probably got a D in your GCSE. Datalounge with its grammar Nazis will always upset you.

We all know how to access posting history, and frequently do. It's not a good way to intimidate another poster as it's so easily done. You're more likely to ensure other posters lose interest in your thread.

by Anonymousreply 168September 21, 2019 9:02 PM

Because I couldn’t spell, grammar and punctuation went out the window in favour of spelling correctly and yes a little thing called spellcheck helps as well!

What’s your excuse for being so cunty?

by Anonymousreply 169September 21, 2019 9:06 PM

On the shirtless Harry Styles thread you say Zayn is an addict

“Maybe Zayn's drug addiction has got so bad that he can no longer fly long haul in case he goes into withdrawal half way across the Atlantic.”

But then in response to me posting a blind item you say Zayn’s addiction is a lie.

“Well said, R357. Enty Lawyer also maintains that Zayn is a hopeless heroin addict”

by Anonymousreply 170September 21, 2019 9:16 PM

If anyone is still confused about the meaning of "glass closet," it means that if you're paying attention it's easy to see a person is not straight (e.g. Queen Latifah) but the media still extends them the courtesies of the closet and avoids saying or asking anything that will put that person on the spot to identify as something other than straight. I think a lot of actors (looking at Julian Morris) convince themselves that if they're super transparent in their actions, making it easier for unsophisticated observers to put two and two together, then it's not really closeted. I follow the rule that if the entertainment press would be afraid to identify you as something other than straight, then you are in the closet. A lot of guys we consider closet cases carry around a very "I'm not hiding!!" attitude, but then they freak out when a journalist breaks the old school rules and asks them about it. Witness Lee Pace.

by Anonymousreply 171September 21, 2019 9:41 PM

R170, I think Zayn has a serious drug addiction, yes.

True dyslexics aren't helped by spell check. You haven't made any spelling errors, just syntax/grammar/punctuation errors

by Anonymousreply 172September 21, 2019 9:50 PM

Zayn is definitely an addict but nobody knows which drug. I go back and forth on whether Harry is gay, depending on what he says in interviews, and he's had two long ones recently.

I am always in the closet at work and always will be, so I'm fine with celebs being closeted professionally. I don't believe in bearding contracts or that Shawn Mendes, Chalamet and Tomlinson are gay.

by Anonymousreply 173September 21, 2019 9:56 PM

The gay thing actually has helped me achieve more in my career. I’m a “masseuse” for men only. I have over 50 repeat clients and get new ones every week. I have to force myself to take time off because I have requests 7 days a week from 5am all the way to midnight. About 40 percent of them pay in cash, which is completely unreported to IRS. I started in college to make extra money but now I’m a full-time masseuse because I make more than my marketing degree got me. High 6 figures for the past 6 years. I don’t know how long I can do this but I’m holding out for a record! (And yes, I do give “happy endings” if requested.)

by Anonymousreply 174September 21, 2019 10:06 PM

You haven’t got a clue R172 have you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175September 21, 2019 10:07 PM

Man this troll (R172), pr guy or crazy fan girl/Russian bot is so inconsistent for example in the "Out of these DL faves, who is most likely to be actually gay?" thread he say's "Definitely not Sam or Shawn. Possibly Styles." but also says "None of them. Just wishful thinking on behalf of fan girls."

which is it?

by Anonymousreply 176September 21, 2019 10:39 PM

r176

You've only just discovered trolls?

by Anonymousreply 177September 21, 2019 10:55 PM

But why? I don't get it? what's the point? I come here for the funny stories, bitchy one liners and sometimes advice. What the hell to they get out of it? That being said I did find myself trolling this bitch just to prove he/she is a troll!

by Anonymousreply 178September 21, 2019 11:11 PM

'Open up my eager eyes

OP is Mr Spazside...'

by Anonymousreply 179September 22, 2019 1:43 AM

How do I get this thread turned to subscribers only?

by Anonymousreply 180September 22, 2019 3:42 AM

Make every other post about Connor Jessup or Miles Heizer.

by Anonymousreply 181September 22, 2019 3:45 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 182September 22, 2019 5:01 AM

The OP is a homophobic hog.

by Anonymousreply 183September 23, 2019 6:33 PM

The OP is the same person who had a meltdown and spammed three threads with 100s of identical posts, so they now have a ban from Muriel. Check OP's posting history if you don't believe me.

by Anonymousreply 184September 24, 2019 12:42 PM

Perhaps LGBTQ Hollywood. Singers, and athletes should out themselves en masse so that they take the power back from corrupt and homophobic PR teams/producers/directors/coaches. Would never happen, but imagine the power of them coming out as a huge group for the world to see....

by Anonymousreply 185October 16, 2019 11:53 PM

You don't know somebody's life, mind your business.

by Anonymousreply 186October 17, 2019 12:00 AM

We each need to be responsible for around decisions. I find it arrogant that any of us should look down on people struggling to make the right decision for themselves. It seems intolerant.

Most folks seem to get to the right place overtime. When they get there they can be an appropriate spokesperson and not anytime before that.

by Anonymousreply 187October 17, 2019 12:21 AM

R187 well said 👏

by Anonymousreply 188October 17, 2019 9:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!