Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Surging in Polls, Elizabeth Warren Now Has a Path to the Nomination

Will it be a Biden/Warren ticket then?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 10, 2019 11:19 PM

She needs to pick a black VP to push her over the top. Remember, Democrats can only ever win by a slim margin.

by Anonymousreply 1August 9, 2019 3:58 PM

Warren-Pete for the win...

by Anonymousreply 2August 9, 2019 3:59 PM

The loathsome Sanders should drop out to help her candidacy.

by Anonymousreply 3August 9, 2019 4:01 PM

No I think she needs to scour the country and pick an up and coming really brilliant younger white male, no not Pete.

by Anonymousreply 4August 9, 2019 4:01 PM

Biden is no longer VP material. He seems to be gagging on both of his feet, every time he speaks.

by Anonymousreply 5August 9, 2019 4:02 PM

R2 that's not the winning ticket if they're wanting support from black voters.

by Anonymousreply 6August 9, 2019 4:04 PM

It's one thing to pander to black voters to win the primary, but MAN am I sick and fucking tired of hearing how the Dems have to appeal to black voters to win the general election. We just fucking had a black president. Sorry guys, your turn's up for a while. Let some other minority group have a shot, or even a majority group if you count women. Given the shit that Trump has pulled during his term, if black voters aren't willing to come out and vote, and vote hard, then not only are they as fucking brain-dead as every racist says, but fuck every item on their policy agenda. If Trump wins a second term because black voters didn't turn out, I hope he turns cops loose on the inner cities with a vengeance.

by Anonymousreply 7August 9, 2019 4:08 PM

Warren/Beto is a winning ticket. Castro if the DNC decides they don’t want two white people on the ticket. But Beto is more popular with Latino voters than Castro, especially in Texas. A Warren/Pete ticket would not put any new states in play.

by Anonymousreply 8August 9, 2019 4:08 PM

Warren has only debated in the kiddie debates. Wait until her policies is picked apart.

by Anonymousreply 9August 9, 2019 4:08 PM

Andrew Gillum for VP. Bye bye GOP nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 10August 9, 2019 4:12 PM

You do know right part of her appeal is that she does not accept corporate donations or accept money from super PACS? However she has stated in the general she would be open to accepting corporate donations.. THIS is where she will face massive criticisms from progressives who will try to paint her as a Clinton 2.0 who is beholden to her big money donors. Realistically there is only three candidates who will make it to the final stretch; Warren, Biden and Sanders that will have the donors and appeal and by then Warren will have faced scrutiny from progressives so it's up in the air whether Bernie's camp will as I suspect that they have already agreed to team up with Warren's camp to take Biden out together then duke it out for the nomination and let the best candidate win.

However should Warren make the same stupid mistake that Hillary did by naming a centrist as her VP pick then she can kiss the goodwill goodbye that she would have got from progressives especially Sanders supporters.. Last thing progressives want to see is a centrist on the ticket. My guess it will be Sanders & Warren in the end and while it may not be as nasty as Sanders and Clinton back in 2016 it will still get testy on the debate stages as they both try to put their platforms forth as being better than the other.

Who knows Warren or Sanders could have each other as a VP pick or go with a minority as their respective VP pick. Two white people on the same ticket is going to anger minority voters and anyone who disagrees is living in a fantasy world. So that VP pick is of utmost importance among Democratic minority voters..

by Anonymousreply 11August 9, 2019 4:19 PM

Gilliam couldn’t even win a race that should have been a slam dunk for him. He and bill Nelson royally screwed up in Florida

by Anonymousreply 12August 9, 2019 4:20 PM

It's hers to lose, IMO. There's still MONTHS of campaigning ahead, and Joe will continue to flounder as the public's perception of him dwindles.

by Anonymousreply 13August 9, 2019 4:24 PM

I think Warren should consider Jason Kander. She campaigned for him when he ran for Senate. He's young and his political positions are progressive, he's also formerly a Captain in the Missouri National Guard who served in the Afgan war and is an advocate for gun control.

One cause for worry however:

[quote]Kander dropped out of the Kansas City mayoral race on October 2, 2018, citing symptoms of PTSD and depression. He also announced that he would be stepping away temporarily from his work with Let America Vote as he receives treatment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 9, 2019 4:29 PM

She'll need a centrist VP, r11. Moderates gave the house the majority in 2018 and not progressives. You want to keep those white, suburban voters who actually flipped districts and aren't keen on high taxes?

by Anonymousreply 15August 9, 2019 4:30 PM

I don't agree r11. I think having a woman as front runner, particularly someone like Warren, shows that the Democratic party is willing to diverge from the same ole same ole. I think minority communities want to see Trump out of office and they will vote for any Democrat who seems sane.

Progressive women and young voters don't want to see a centrist as they know that just means more of the same.

by Anonymousreply 16August 9, 2019 4:35 PM

Still optimistic on the possibility (and extremel electability) of a Warren/Buttigieg ticket.

by Anonymousreply 17August 9, 2019 4:43 PM

^*extreme* electability^

by Anonymousreply 18August 9, 2019 4:45 PM

[quote]Warren/Beto is a winning ticket.

Only in fantasyland.

by Anonymousreply 19August 9, 2019 5:17 PM

Warren/Cory Booker. Will that make you gayboys happy? Besides, maybe he'll come out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 20August 9, 2019 5:29 PM

Democrats don’t stand a chance of winning without Pete (or someone else that is young) on the ticket. And having a female nominee worked out REAL well the last election.🙄. Face it - America does not want a female president.

by Anonymousreply 21August 9, 2019 5:32 PM

R20 No, because Warren doesn’t have a hope and a prayer of beating Trump.

by Anonymousreply 22August 9, 2019 5:33 PM

But it does want a gay president, r21? Right...

by Anonymousreply 23August 9, 2019 5:35 PM

I have still yet to see concrete evidence that Pete can win any more states than Hilary can. Hilary lost because black people in the Midwest didn’t vote. I don’t see how someone like Pete improves that. He’s the typical white, upper middle class, Ivy League educated choice for president. Someone who won’t change things too much but can talk like they will. Black voters see right thru that BS

by Anonymousreply 24August 9, 2019 5:39 PM

R21 we're at the point where the sentiment is we'll take fucking anyone who isn't trump.

by Anonymousreply 25August 9, 2019 5:39 PM

I just hope she goes far enough to ensure Bernie doesn't get the nom. I'm fine if she's the nominee, or if it's Biden or Kamala. But Bernie would be a disaster in the general.

by Anonymousreply 26August 9, 2019 5:42 PM

Warren/Biden you meant right OP?

Biden was a good VP but he is not Pres material.

Warren/Beto or Warren/Castro

We need Texas. I love Pete but woman and gay is too much.

I could also see Booker for VP but that is too east coast. (And gay also)

by Anonymousreply 27August 9, 2019 5:42 PM

Warren would NEVER pick Booker. He has way too much baggage with his affinity for pharma executives who give him a lot of money. Completely different from warrens branding

by Anonymousreply 28August 9, 2019 5:44 PM

At the end it'll be Biden v Warren..... I'm just seeing the similarities between 2020 lead up to Primary season, and the 2016 matchups of Clinton v Sanders and Trump v Cruz. Though this is gonna be a bumpier ride than anything we saw in 2016. My Liberal friends are too sensitive in the criticism of their candidates.

by Anonymousreply 29August 9, 2019 5:44 PM

[quote]But it does want a gay president, [R21]? Right...

No, but they would rather have a man than a woman. And I know it’s not right, but that’s just the truth. Women don’t support women - the last election proved that.

by Anonymousreply 30August 9, 2019 5:45 PM

This lesbian voted for Hillary, R30. Try really hard next time not to speak in generalizations, mkay?

by Anonymousreply 31August 9, 2019 5:49 PM

I think it's still a fantasy for you guys suggest Biden will not win the nomination. He is still incredibly high in the polls, and his support is with the people the Democrats want--the white poorer vote.

if people cared about gaffes, Trump would not be president right now. People want someone likeable.

I would much rather have Harris or Buttigieg, qand my hope is that one of them will be the VP pick. But I think it might be Biden/Klobuchar.

by Anonymousreply 32August 9, 2019 5:56 PM

Women do support women, some female voters disliked Clinton personally. It was HER specifically!

by Anonymousreply 33August 9, 2019 6:18 PM

Castro is the best VP for either Warren and Biden. A person of color, young and may put Texas in play by bringing out the Hispanic vote which has always been an under performer. I prefer Pete but it's not likely he'll get it. He would need to pick Castro also. Castro is basically running for the VP slot now. He's got a great ass too.

by Anonymousreply 34August 9, 2019 6:19 PM

Blacks didn’t come out for Hillary and it killed her chances to win.

A black person has to be on the Dem ticket

by Anonymousreply 35August 9, 2019 6:23 PM

[Quote] Women do support women, some female voters disliked Clinton personally. It was HER specifically!

This was definitely a black and white issue. The majority of White women went with Trump and women of color went with Hillary.

While women chose race over gender

by Anonymousreply 36August 9, 2019 6:25 PM

I don't think we should have two "minorities" on the ticket.

If the nominee is Warren she needs a young White guy as VP. Just please, no Eric Garcetti.

by Anonymousreply 37August 9, 2019 6:33 PM

White women are now abandoning Trump in droves.

by Anonymousreply 38August 9, 2019 6:41 PM

Still too early. The 1%ers haven't been culled.

Pity the DNC did not raise the third debate to 5%.

by Anonymousreply 39August 9, 2019 6:45 PM

If it is Warren, I think she'll need an African American or an Hispanic as a running mate. And not some white guy with a Cuban or Argentinian grandmother, or some shit. An actual black person or a real life brown person, 2nd generation, with an up from poverty immigration story to counter all the bullshit Trump will be spewing.

by Anonymousreply 40August 9, 2019 7:28 PM

[quote]Women do support women, some female voters disliked Clinton personally. It was HER specifically!

Yeah, so they voted for Trump (a REAL ally of women 🙄) or Bernie who had no chance of winning instead of choosing the best of the worst. I don’t like Biden, but if he becomes the nominee, I’ll sure as hell vote for him before Trump or a third-party candidate that has no chance.

by Anonymousreply 41August 9, 2019 8:45 PM

[quote]White women are now abandoning Trump in droves.

Got proof to back that up?

by Anonymousreply 42August 9, 2019 8:46 PM

R33 I should have said straight women.

by Anonymousreply 43August 9, 2019 8:47 PM

Reporter on Twitter just now (in Iowa):

[quote]@ewarren speaking at the Iowa State Fair now - her crowd is bigger than Biden’s and Harris’s combined - and probably a few others too.

by Anonymousreply 44August 10, 2019 11:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!