Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pressed caviar: should it be your next food obsession?

I'm apparently low class, I've never heard of this. Looks like caviar jerky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2019 2:58 AM

It's like concentrated cooze.

by Anonymousreply 1August 8, 2019 9:43 PM

Jacques Pépin apparently tried to revive it in 2015!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 8, 2019 10:03 PM

I've never heard of this before, but now I'm dying to try some.

by Anonymousreply 3August 9, 2019 7:42 AM

Grated on pasta it adds a nice flavor.

by Anonymousreply 4August 9, 2019 7:57 AM

Stay pressed, hunty.

by Anonymousreply 5August 9, 2019 8:33 AM

Apparently imported pressed caviar was not permitted in the United States!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 9, 2019 7:39 PM

R6, Interesting! The company being promoted in the OP's original article is in Italy, and they sound like they have a fascinating operation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 10, 2019 12:02 AM

Haha, that image. It's either "Ahhh!!! It's crawling on my hands!!! Get it off!!!" or SLURPSLURPSLURP from the elegant looking lady in the hat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 10, 2019 12:17 AM

Did Jeffrey Epstein like pressed caviar?

by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2019 1:29 AM

It's delish, and I've enjoyed it since the 80s. I highly reccommend it.

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2019 2:15 AM

R3 It's not all dried either. Pressed caviar (where the broken eggs are saved) can be found in jarred and tinned varieties.

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2019 2:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!