Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

*California* Democratic Primary Poll

Wednesday, August 7th

*SurveyUSA*

* Former vice President Biden: 25%.

* Massachusetts Senator Warren: 21%.

* Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders: 18%

* California Senator Kamala Harris: 17%

* South Bend IN Mayor Pete Buttigieg: 6%.

* All 19 other Democratic candidates combined: 3%.

[conducted for KGTV-TV and the San Diego Union Tribune 08/01/19 through 08/05/19, immediately following the Democratic candidate debates in Detroit.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 8, 2019 6:34 AM

Thanks, PollTroll!

by Anonymousreply 1August 8, 2019 5:05 AM

Watch for Bernie’s poll numbers in CA to briefly slip below 2% during the week leading up to Labor Day.

by Anonymousreply 2August 8, 2019 5:18 AM

I want to say the only change from the last big Ca. poll is Kamala dropping from 2nd. to 4th. Bernie unable to crack 20% is very telling. Kamala is likely to move up again as we get closer to the primary.

Biden is a very weak leader polling at only 25%.

by Anonymousreply 3August 8, 2019 5:45 AM

I'm in CA and here's what I think:

First, I will support whoever of the Democratic candidates is nominated.

Former vice President Biden: 25%. I've always admired Joe Biden. We was an excellent VP for President Obama and I respected their friendship. It was genuine and touching to witness. I'm concerned that he's showing his age and isn't as quick or sharp as he should be. I wish he didn't take the bite when the other candidates picked on him during the debates, but if he wins the nomination I will wholeheartedly support him.

* Massachusetts Senator Warren: 21%. I love Elizabeth Warren. She's energetic and smart as a whip She has great ideas. I don't like that she's promising free college. I don't believe anyone can deliver that promise in four years. Improve the system, yes, but make it completely free? It's a lofty ideal but not likely to happen any time soon. We've got to wrest our democracy from the oligarchs first. I also don't like that she'd declared we won't be the first to launch a nuclear strike. That should be our goal, but we should not make promises we might not be able to keep. I just wouldn't say anything on that matter, but I think we have to focus on improveing our diplomacy (being trashed under trump) and always advocate for peace and goodwill.

* Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders: 18% I will not be happy if he's nominated but I doubt it will happen. I don't like his free college promises, don't think he'll be able to deliver. I like listening to him speak, like his ideas about the concentration of wealth at the top, but I'm unclear on how he'd handle foreign policy and a host of other issues. He seems crazed.

* California Senator Kamala Harris: 17% I like her, she's a great prosecutor, but I believe right now she's more effective in the Senate, especially with all the hearings going on. I do not like how disrespectful she was toward Joe Biden in the debates. It changed my opinion about her. I don't like to see Democrats attack each other. There are a lot more diplomatic ways to get your point across without attacking other candidates.

* South Bend IN Mayor Pete Buttigieg: 6%. Also like him, he's a good man. he should run for Senate. I don't think he can get the votes for president right now. Maybe later after serving in the Senate for a couple of terms. The country is in a hate rage right now and many people are still not enlightened enough to accept a gay man in the White House. Although maybe I'm wrong, so many love the lying scum criminal in there right now. Buttigieg would be infinitely better than scum trump.

* All 19 other Democratic candidates combined: 3%.

by Anonymousreply 4August 8, 2019 5:47 AM

If Kamala Harris can do no better than 4th place in her own state, there is no hope for her to win the nomination. If she can't win her own state, what state CAN she win?

by Anonymousreply 5August 8, 2019 5:48 AM

In other California news...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 8, 2019 5:52 AM

Well, I love Kamala. But I will vote any Dem against MOscow Mitch and that disgusting orange fool Trump. I actually would love to see Kamala as the new AG (boot Jabba the Hut Barr out for good). THAT is where she can do the most good for this country - we NEED KAMALA BADLY.

by Anonymousreply 7August 8, 2019 6:01 AM

Poll Troll, why did u ignore national poll of SurveyUSA and chose Cali poll ? Buttigieg polls much better there. This is disrespectful

by Anonymousreply 8August 8, 2019 6:05 AM

R7, I agree. I posted above that she should stay in the senate but AG would be a good post for her. She needs to put her bulldog skills to good use.

by Anonymousreply 9August 8, 2019 6:17 AM

Kamala would make the GREATEST AG that this country has ever seen. I'll vote her for POTUS in a New York second, but if she is not the Dem nominee - we still NEED her as the AG. And I really can't say enough good about her really - she inspires me in every way. KAMALA 2020!

by Anonymousreply 10August 8, 2019 6:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!