Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Boy Erased

On HBO Now. It was almost super sexy when that dancer guy from The Favourite almost fucked the main character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2019 11:40 AM

This guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 5, 2019 2:02 AM

Yes. Rape is so hot, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2August 5, 2019 2:04 AM

That scene had the potential to be scorching hot if only they stuck to frottage. It's crazy how quickly it escalated.

by Anonymousreply 3August 5, 2019 2:08 AM

Exactly. I thought it was going to be super loving and consoling frot.

by Anonymousreply 4August 5, 2019 2:12 AM

So it's basically Brokeback Mountain with severe morning after regret, got it.

by Anonymousreply 5August 5, 2019 2:21 AM

There was zero sex. Boo

by Anonymousreply 6August 5, 2019 3:17 AM

I just started this movie. Any good?

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2019 4:42 AM

I really was disappointed in this film. It wasn't as moving as I'd expected and didn't really go anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2019 9:23 AM

In my opinion, the memoir book was a well written account of a young devoutly religious naive man's pressure to be straight. Mr. Conley was forced into a {religious straightening} program to become a real man by his family and church. They were ready to cut him off and ex-communicate Mr. Conley. Harrowing.

A little upsetting to see the mindset of some people / houses of worship. The film adaptation was strong, but slightly different than the memoir. The part of the book and movie that still haunts me is a statement made by one of the other young men in the camp to Mr. Conley. At one point he says something like "you may have to give up everything and leave everyone behind". I think one of the takeaways from the book was for some people it's just about survival, even if it mean's leaving everyone / everything behind.

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2019 11:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!