Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lambs of God

Just watched this and cannot ever imagine it airing in the US.

The Bible belt would be with fake rage.

Even though it is excellent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 12, 2019 1:46 AM

^^ The Bible belt would be incandescent with fake rage ^^

by Anonymousreply 1August 3, 2019 1:45 AM

Uh, OP, the "Bible Belt" is not Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 2August 3, 2019 1:49 AM

It would offend pretty much every Christian, no matter what denomination.

by Anonymousreply 3August 3, 2019 1:54 AM

Like R2 says, the Bible Belt typically doesn't care much for Catholics like me.

by Anonymousreply 4August 3, 2019 1:58 AM

Wait until you see it.

It has Devil Worship, bestiality a couple of masturbation scenes (Male & Female) and a very fit looking naked Sam Reid.

by Anonymousreply 5August 3, 2019 2:07 AM

What is it? What is it about?

by Anonymousreply 6August 3, 2019 2:07 AM

Forgotten by the rest of the world, the nuns live a humble life inside a dilapidated monastery: working, praying and telling each other dark fairy tales. One day, Father Ignatius stumbles upon them.

The three sisters of St Agnes, must defend their lives, existence and beliefs when the priest attempts to sell their land from under them. What follows is macabre, blackly comic and disturbingly erotic, delivering a provocative and compelling mini-series.

by Anonymousreply 7August 3, 2019 2:10 AM

Erotic? With those 2 older women and a tween? Hopefully there are some other characters.

by Anonymousreply 8August 3, 2019 2:14 AM

It's what most Protestant Southerners are taught about Catholics anyway. All of it - bestiality, orgies, satanism, you name it..

by Anonymousreply 9August 3, 2019 2:24 AM

Is Katy Perry involved?

by Anonymousreply 10August 3, 2019 2:26 AM

OP how is the show? Did you like it? I've loved Sam Reid ( who plays the priest and who may be family in real life) ever since he was in Belle and that's why I want to see this show.

by Anonymousreply 11August 3, 2019 3:53 AM

Damn dude, where can I watch this fabulousness? I’m going to download.

by Anonymousreply 12August 3, 2019 3:55 AM

anything with Ann Dowd in it deserves to be seen

by Anonymousreply 13August 3, 2019 5:59 AM

Sam Reid is family

by Anonymousreply 14August 3, 2019 6:19 AM

I'm so looking forward to this. Can't wait for the Blu Ray release. Essie Davis & Anne Dowd together! Bliss!

by Anonymousreply 15August 3, 2019 7:46 AM

R14 And your proof that he's family?

by Anonymousreply 16August 3, 2019 1:32 PM

I wanted to make a thread about this but then I forgot and now I see OP beat me to it.

A priest in 1999 gets kidnapped by three nuns who've been on that island for so long, they start including pagan rituals into their practice. They then decide to make him into their sister (!). Takes place in Ireland but was shot in Tasmania. Features flip phones and Ann Down shouting with all her might. This show is BONKERS and I'm absolutely addicted to it. Such a shame I only have one episode left (four in total).

Sam Reid is so painfully gorgeous, I can hardly focus on the dialogue at times. He's the Simon Woods we were promised and something tells me he won't retire from acting overnight. He's so, so good in this. I would die if he were family, like r14 alleged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 3, 2019 1:56 PM

And here's his delicious blond (ginger?) bush in this show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 3, 2019 1:57 PM

Is Ann Australian? And like R10, I was wondering if this was a reworking of the Katie real estate story?

by Anonymousreply 19August 3, 2019 2:10 PM

r19 No, Ann's American.

by Anonymousreply 20August 3, 2019 2:14 PM

I don't know if Sam Reid is actually family but there were some whispers a few years ago when he and Douglas Booth were virtually inseparable after the had worked on The Riot Club together. They were photographed out and about together at private events for about a year and then never seemed to hang out together again.

by Anonymousreply 21August 3, 2019 2:24 PM

Yes, that's some weak evidence. And Douglas Booth is a pussy hound.

And I didn't get a gay vibe from Sam at all when I was watching this show. But I don't get any gay vibes from Cory Booker either, so what the hell do I know...

by Anonymousreply 22August 3, 2019 2:30 PM

Where can we see it?

by Anonymousreply 23August 3, 2019 2:47 PM

It’s terrible and goofy.

Australia has a dearth of good TV directors.

by Anonymousreply 24August 3, 2019 2:49 PM

r23 Only streaming on Foxtel for now, unfortch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 3, 2019 2:50 PM

r24 I think it's so goofy it becomes good. On the other hand, Picnic at Hanging Rock, which aired last year (also on Foxtel), really wasn't that great at all.

by Anonymousreply 26August 3, 2019 2:52 PM

The Bible Belt is not Catholic.

They'd just chalk it up to those decadent, corrupt Catholics being sinners as usual.

by Anonymousreply 27August 3, 2019 2:58 PM

It’s low budget and patchy and good acting from the central 3 women and John Bell can’t save it.

The British accents by the Australians are by and large embarrassing.

And who has Kate Mulvany bribed to be on every other TV show? I don’t like her stage work either.

by Anonymousreply 28August 3, 2019 3:00 PM

Enh, I don't need to see big money being splurged on a four-episode summer series. It's fine and it definitely made me want to live in that convent.

by Anonymousreply 29August 3, 2019 3:08 PM

It’s barely better than Picnic At Hanging Rock.

by Anonymousreply 30August 3, 2019 3:31 PM

Essie looks like absolute shit lately. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 31August 3, 2019 3:37 PM

r30 True, but I loved getting lost in the trippy Picnic last year. There's just something about watching Australian productions during summertime that does it for me, even when they're shit. Some of the new season of Preacher that started yesterday takes place in Australia as well (the entire season was shot there for the first time), which made me scream in delight.

by Anonymousreply 32August 3, 2019 3:37 PM

r31 Can't find any recent photos of her. I hope you're not judging her by how she appears in this show because they've aged her substantially.

by Anonymousreply 33August 3, 2019 3:43 PM

No. I'm judging her by how she looks in public lately. She looks like a completely different woman now.

by Anonymousreply 34August 3, 2019 3:47 PM

Interesting. Bad surgery, aging, different hairstyle...? All of the above?

by Anonymousreply 35August 3, 2019 3:52 PM

It isn't difficult to find on non-streaming download sites, all 4 episodes in a 1.55GB package (720p) - Complete.

by Anonymousreply 36August 3, 2019 3:59 PM

First episode even in 1080p. Check it out and decide if you want to continue watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 3, 2019 4:03 PM

R22 Yup Booth is a pussyhound....I'm not saying Reid and Booth dated or are even gay, but they clearly had some kind of falling out because by the time the promotional tour for The Riot Club began, they kept their distance from each other runways and during interviews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 3, 2019 5:10 PM

R38 I think that tongue of Douglas' has been in Sam's man pussy.

by Anonymousreply 39August 3, 2019 9:04 PM

I rather liked it. Stockholm syndrome, miracles and kidnapping. Plus Ann Dowd.

by Anonymousreply 40August 6, 2019 8:51 AM

I'm watching it. Sam has tight body, he's strawberry blond and gorgeous. What a freakshow! Highly implausible. Do they every explain how the young lady ends up in that sisterhood? You don't need to give me the explanation, if they do, but I would like this to be explained. I guess the girl is mother superiors daughter or relation. Those the chief nun is too old, perhaps. This story is really a woman haters working out. As soon as the male energy arrives, the chicks capture it and start playing with it. CREEPY

by Anonymousreply 41August 6, 2019 9:11 AM

oops - couldn't see well - so many typos!

by Anonymousreply 42August 6, 2019 9:12 AM

R41

Were you paying attention?

The young girl (24) is the heiress's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 43August 6, 2019 9:52 AM

That finale was CRAZY, but in a good way. It had everything I ever want in my finales: heiresses, grapheme-colour synesthesia, bad priests getting punished, miracles, faith tourism, fucking in a bread oven.... my entire evening felt magical after I watched it. I need so much more of this bonkers shit in my life!

And again, Sam Reid is so ridiculously beautiful, I find myself getting angry at evolution.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 6, 2019 2:20 PM

Another angle. Can you even imagine if he and Jonathan Bailey had kids?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 6, 2019 2:20 PM

R44 angry at evolution?

What does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 46August 6, 2019 5:00 PM

I have been following Sam's career since he was in Belle and I'm honestly surprised that his career doesn't seem to have drastically taken off. I mean he's always working but there was a point 4 or 5 years ago where he seemed to be on the cusp of breaking through in both the UK and Hollywood, and now he's back in Australia.

by Anonymousreply 47August 6, 2019 5:11 PM

[quote]and now he's back in Australia.

The universal sign that things aren't going that well, lol.

r46 You're overthinking it.

by Anonymousreply 48August 6, 2019 5:54 PM

His hair really must be as silky as the sisters noticed. He has lovely coloring overall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 6, 2019 8:23 PM

R47 & R48 I happen to have an copy of an interview he gave to Jon magazine, it's the edition with Allen Leech on the cover, and when asked about breaking into Hollywood he said, "I have zero interest in being a star. I'm a character actor"

by Anonymousreply 50August 7, 2019 3:19 AM

R47 I just discovered Sam recently and I was kind of sad to see his career hadn't taken off after Belle. I found this interview (you need a subscription to read the whole thing) from earlier this year and it seems he decided to move back to Australia against the advice of his agents in London and LA. Basically he claims he was homesick.

"For a decade, I've lived out of suitcases going from one job to the next. When I turned thirty, it was like everything just caught up to me almost overnight [laughs]. It's [acting] a very superficial business and really hard to sustain meaningful relationships. I guess I was lonely. I realized everyone who means something to me was back here. It's amazing being able to have dinner with my family or grab a drink with my mates from school. Emotionally, I needed to come home. "

On his career after moving home:

"My agents freaked out when I told them [laughs]. They said I would never find work here. I understood what they were saying. The opportunities just don't exist on the same level. But, hey, I've worked more in the past year than I had in the last three living in London."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 10, 2019 2:58 PM

r51 Heh, that Saturn Return got him good.

by Anonymousreply 52October 10, 2019 3:00 PM

I dunno OP, Preacher aired in the US and it was incredibly blasphemous from a Christian standpoint. Hilariously so.

by Anonymousreply 53October 10, 2019 3:36 PM

Yes, but Preacher was a comic book adaptation, which experienced its own share of outrage when it was first published. This is an original IP, set (largely) in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 54October 10, 2019 3:40 PM

Sam Reid is "family" right?

by Anonymousreply 55October 11, 2019 10:52 PM

r55 Difficult to say because he only has a fan Insta account that's probably run by a frau because of all those photos with Ph*lippa Northeast, trying to imply they were something more than just coworkers. I honestly can't make a call either way based on his performances alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 11, 2019 10:59 PM

I swear these minor celeb wikis are the shittiest things on the whole web.They're all terribly written and super saccharine.

[quote]Sam hasn’t been included in any controversy until today. He’s been concentrated on behaving his whole life and he’s never been criticized because of his job. He’s rumored of relationship the gorgeous British stage and movie actress, Gugu Mbatha-Raw however he hasn’t explained anything about the rumor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 11, 2019 11:02 PM

R57 They were never a couple. There is an interview with the two of them somewhere on YouTube while they were promoting Belle together (it was in a restaurant or something but I can't find it now). The interviewer asked them if they were a couple and they gave each other a look similar to what my best girlfriend give each other when people ask us how long we've been married. Sam then says something like "I don't think that would work." It was kind of a read between the lines moment.

by Anonymousreply 58October 12, 2019 1:43 AM

r58 Oh, wow. Well, there you have it. And thanks for sharing, btw. 👍

by Anonymousreply 59October 12, 2019 1:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!