Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New domain names suggest Hickenlooper may jump to Colorado Senate race

August 2, 2019

Colorado Springs Gazette

'HickForSenate.com': Web names registered in case Hickenlooper jumps to Senate race

by Ernest Luning

Curtis Hubbard, a principle at OnSight Public Affairs — a Colorado firm that has played key roles in Hickenlooper’s two successful runs for governor — told Colorado Politics he secured the domain names after Hickenlooper failed to make a splash on the first night of the second round of the debates.

Hubbard stresses that although he wants Hickenlooper to switch races, he took the step without any encouragement from Hickenlooper or his presidential campaign…

“I did it entirely of my own accord, but I continue to believe that the best thing John can do for Colorado and the country is to turn his attention to defeating Trump-enabling Cory Gardner and ‘Moscow’ Mitch McConnell,” he said, referring to the GOP Senate Majority leader who could lose his position if Democrats take control of the Senate in 2020.

A look at the WHOIS registry information reveals that purchase of “Hickenlooper4Senate.com” and several related domains were not random purchases, but registered by Curtis Hubbard of leading local political consultant group OnSight Public Affairs. Now before anybody gets carried away, there’s always the possibility that these were contingency purchases for a decision that hasn’t been finalized yet.

Or, former Gov. John Hickenlooper may be about to take the advice of a large number of local and national Democrats and take on Cory Gardner in 2020. If Hickenlooper does make the jump, he’ll be the instant frontrunner in the Democratic Senate primary–perhaps not enough to clear the field outright but certainly the favorite. Hickenlooper’s positive brand and long record of high approval in this state, as we’ve noted previously, gives him perhaps unique advantages in terms of overcoming Gardner’s sunny but deceptive public image.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 6, 2020 2:37 AM

I don't think even Cory Gardner actually thinks he is going to hold onto his seat.

by Anonymousreply 1August 2, 2019 11:26 PM

Great news.

by Anonymousreply 2August 2, 2019 11:28 PM

Alternative story link in case the one above is paywalled for some people:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 2, 2019 11:32 PM

Is Governor Hickenlooper in the Senate race officially? If he's challenging Republican Senator Cory Gardner, I will donate to Hickenlooper's Senate campaign. Even though I don't live in Colorado (I'm in Pennsylvania), I will donate to Hickenlooper's campaign.

by Anonymousreply 4February 6, 2020 1:30 AM

R4 Fighting for Colorado Hickenlooper for Senate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 6, 2020 2:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!