Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gal Gadot IS Hedy Lamarr!

What sayeth the Datalounge/

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 22, 2019 2:04 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 2, 2019 6:21 PM

Fascinating story that should be told.

Even the Drunk History episode covering her was enlightening.

by Anonymousreply 2August 2, 2019 6:22 PM

I see a young Ashley Judd with darkened hair.

by Anonymousreply 3August 2, 2019 6:24 PM

It’s Hedley, damn it!

by Anonymousreply 4August 2, 2019 6:26 PM

It’s appropriate that a beautiful Jewess play her, as Lamar herself was.

by Anonymousreply 5August 2, 2019 6:31 PM

it's jewess dammit, not jew ass !!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 2, 2019 6:40 PM

She looks and sounds nothing like Lamarr, and isn't very comfortable with English language dialogue.

I love Gadot as Wonder Woman, I love Hedy Lamarr, I love her story... but IMHO this is miscasting.

by Anonymousreply 7August 2, 2019 6:59 PM

Casted.

by Anonymousreply 8August 2, 2019 7:44 PM

What a joke.

by Anonymousreply 9August 2, 2019 7:46 PM

She's not a very good actress. I'm glad they are bringing Hedy's story to the screen, though

by Anonymousreply 10August 2, 2019 7:49 PM

Gal is a pretty woman, no doubt, but Hedy Lamarr's beauty was otherworldly, flawless. Gal is nowhere near that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 2, 2019 7:51 PM

I love them both and think it will work. Gal looks gorgeous here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 2, 2019 8:36 PM

Not NEARLY beautiful enough to play Hedy Lamarr. But who is?

by Anonymousreply 13August 2, 2019 8:39 PM

Is Morgan Brittany available?

by Anonymousreply 14August 2, 2019 8:43 PM

She's bus & truckin' Gypsy, r14 , and making life hell for the girl playing Baby June.

by Anonymousreply 15August 2, 2019 8:47 PM

This works for me. Nobody can match the beauty of Hedy, but Gal is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 16August 2, 2019 8:59 PM

Yet again, Dataloungers want EXACT physical Doppelgängers to play famous historical parts when such exact Doppelgängers rarely exist.

She looks plenty enough like Hedy to pass for the purposes of a movie (especially after she has her makeup and hair and clothing to look like her), and Lamarr also spoke accented English.

by Anonymousreply 17August 2, 2019 9:03 PM

Project will no doubt overestimate Hedy's scientific achievements. Revisionist history has her practically inventing the Internet and winning World War 2.

I'd rather see the shoplifting incidents and a recreation of the making of THE FEMALE ANIMAL.

by Anonymousreply 18August 2, 2019 9:16 PM

Only if I get to play Jan, r18!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 2, 2019 9:24 PM

Jan's line in r19:

"I was the first child star ever to be chased around a desk."

by Anonymousreply 20August 2, 2019 9:29 PM

Not a bad choice. She has the accent already. Kind of risky for Gal in that Gal's looks will be compared to Hedy and won't quite match up. But as noted above, no one really could.

by Anonymousreply 21August 2, 2019 11:01 PM

She's too tall and athletic built to play Lamarr, not to mention brown eyed. Flop.

by Anonymousreply 22August 2, 2019 11:10 PM

Why not Beyonce?

by Anonymousreply 23August 2, 2019 11:12 PM

"She's too tall and athletic built to play Lamarr, not to mention brown eyed. Flop."

You honestly think eye color is the dealbreaker? LOL. This will flop because no one under 55 knows who she is except film buffs.

by Anonymousreply 24August 3, 2019 3:16 AM

r23 probably didn't have a problem with Angelina Jolie playing a black woman in A Mighty Heart. Typical Trumpster.

by Anonymousreply 25August 3, 2019 3:16 AM

God, you're an idiot, R25.

by Anonymousreply 26August 3, 2019 5:02 AM

Hedy Lamarr was one of the most beautiful women to ever grace the silver screen and she had a brain too. Gal Gadot is generic plastic.

by Anonymousreply 27August 3, 2019 7:51 AM

Hedy Lamarr could not act at all. And she looked like Anne Frank. Gal will do fine.

by Anonymousreply 28August 3, 2019 8:18 AM

No thank you

by Anonymousreply 29August 3, 2019 1:12 PM

Is Gadot a good actress? When portraying a real, well-known person, and actor can overcome a lack of perfect resemblance. But they gave to be a very talented actor. I’ve never seen her in anything, so I don’t know. Can she act? People go crazy for her, but it seems like they’re mostly comic book fans, not film fans.

by Anonymousreply 30August 3, 2019 1:26 PM

[24] so if only film buffs over 55 know who she is. All the more reason for whoever the fuck miss average, fit Hollywood female lead is, she shouldn't be playing Hedy. The only reason Hedy Lamarr was in Hollywood wasn't because of her brains, her acting or her accent. For a short while she was simply so astonishingly beautiful it takes your breath away. The reviewer for Dream Girls said reviewing the performances of Judy Garland, Lana Turner and Lamarr said. And any man who doesn't think Hedy Lamarr the most beautiful woman living needs to go see a doctor.

by Anonymousreply 31August 3, 2019 1:52 PM

R30 I have only seen Gal in WW and the Fast movies. She's fine in [italic] those[/italic] types of roles. I don't think she's going to blow anyone out of the water with this.

by Anonymousreply 32August 3, 2019 1:54 PM

"And any man who doesn't think Hedy Lamarr the most beautiful woman living needs to go see a doctor."

by Anonymousreply 33August 3, 2019 1:55 PM

Correct

by Anonymousreply 34August 3, 2019 1:58 PM

How about a toned-down* Megan Fox?

*loses the heavy makeup and “I’m sexy” facial expressions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 3, 2019 2:08 PM

In her spare time Bette Davis invented text messaging and everyone knows that Marlene Deitrich invented e-mail.

by Anonymousreply 36August 3, 2019 2:12 PM

Is the person on the right wearing a mask?

by Anonymousreply 37August 3, 2019 2:29 PM

The person on the right is A FUG with a wholly unnatural face. She looks like she is made up more of makeup than of skin. At least Gal looks human. And no, I don't like her. Fucking Zionist. But I dislike even more this exaggerated fawning on DL over average-looking women in the past who smeared their faces with paint and powder like a fucking clown.

by Anonymousreply 38August 3, 2019 2:35 PM

R38 = Lana Turner.

by Anonymousreply 39August 3, 2019 2:55 PM

Well, R38 has told US! My life is now changed!

by Anonymousreply 40August 3, 2019 2:57 PM

God, r26 is an idiot. Trumpsters usually are.

by Anonymousreply 41August 3, 2019 3:33 PM

[quote]You honestly think eye color is the dealbreaker? LOL.

It is, when you're playing a legendary black-haired, blue-eyed beauty. Can you imagine a brown-eyed woman playing Vivien Leigh or Elizabeth Taylor, who were famous for their beauty and eye color?

[quote]And no, I don't like her. Fucking Zionist.

Oh, the resident DataKKKLounge nazi has arrived.

by Anonymousreply 42August 3, 2019 4:05 PM

r42, Hedy wasn't famous for her eye color. Try again. Most of her movies were in black and white, anyway. She isn't as well known to the general public as Taylor or Leigh - she wasn't in the National Enquirer every day for decades like Taylor, or in one of the biggest movies of all time like Leigh. These days she is probably better known for her scientific accomplishments than her movies, anyway, most people probably haven't seen any of her movies. It's not like colored contacts don't exist, either.

by Anonymousreply 43August 3, 2019 4:41 PM

There seems to be a lot of misconceptions about what color Hedy's eyes were. They were not blue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 3, 2019 4:44 PM

R25 really REALLY has to bring Trump into EVERY thread and conversation otherwise he gets VERY upset.

When are you going to listen to your god Hillary?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 3, 2019 4:46 PM

Even in B&W, R43/44, one can see her eyes were light (blue? green? grey-ish?). The combo dark hair/light eyes is rare and what makes most brunettes become legendary beauties - Taylor, Leigh, Ava Gardner - even Angelina Jolie and her clone Megan Fox. So yes, the eye color is an importatn factor in Hedy's beauty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 3, 2019 4:51 PM

Hedy was stunning.

Gal is very attractive but not like Hedy. I wish they would have done a search for someone like they used to in Hollywood. Now it's all about having a handful of the same fucking actors playing everything. No one really wants to cast for talent and looks anymore. Somewhere out there is a woman who better fits the physical and who can actually act.

by Anonymousreply 47August 3, 2019 4:58 PM

"No one really wants to cast for talent and looks anymore."

Bwah! Go back and watch some old biopics, you'll see that many times the actors cast as famous people looked nothing like the people they were supposed to be portraying.

by Anonymousreply 48August 3, 2019 5:01 PM

In what world is Megan Fox a legendary beauty? She looks weird with all the plastic surgery. Gal is more attractive.

by Anonymousreply 49August 3, 2019 5:02 PM

Hedy in color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 3, 2019 5:08 PM

I didn't say Megan Fox is a legendary beauty, R49, just a celebrated beauty of the modern times, simply because of the blue eyes/dark hair combo. With brown eyes, she would have been nothing. She and Angelina are natural blondes, who darkened their hair to try to tap into the blue eyed brunette mystique.

by Anonymousreply 51August 3, 2019 5:08 PM

In R50's video, you can see clearly that Hedy's eyes were blue, R44. You are such an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 52August 3, 2019 5:10 PM

How about Kristen Stewart as Hedy? She's a natural brunette with blue eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 3, 2019 5:16 PM

r51, Fox isn't a "celebrity beauty" - she's a has been that no one cares about. Angelina isn't a "natural blonde" although maybe she claims that. You seem to have some weird thing against brown eyes. Do you think colored contacts don't exist?

by Anonymousreply 54August 3, 2019 5:20 PM

This is the second source that says her eyes were green. Could be that they were hazel and would turn grayish or green depending.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 3, 2019 5:21 PM

R52, in R50's video you can clearly see her eyes are gray, as in R44's pic. The only part of the video where the are "blue" is in the beginning "Boomtown" clip, which is a BLACK-AND-WHITE movie. The video is showing a colorized version of it, so it is not at all accurate. The other clips that follow were actually shot in color and are accurate.

by Anonymousreply 56August 3, 2019 5:23 PM

Brown eyes can be very beautiful and sexy.

by Anonymousreply 57August 3, 2019 5:25 PM

IMDB says her eyes were green.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 3, 2019 5:27 PM

I didn't say "celebrity beauty", idiot @ R54, I said CELEBRATED BEAUTY. Which she was, at her peak.

by Anonymousreply 59August 3, 2019 5:31 PM

You all are stupid. Maybe she had eyes that changed colors like a buddy I once knew named Levi. His eyes would change between blue, green and grey depending on what he was wearing and his mood. And different shades of each color. I was very jealous of his beautiful eyes.

by Anonymousreply 60August 3, 2019 5:31 PM

She probably had hazel eyes.

by Anonymousreply 61August 3, 2019 5:33 PM

One her eyes was glass.

by Anonymousreply 62August 3, 2019 5:34 PM

If only they would someday invent colored contacts to change an actor's eye color!

And in this case the problem is particularly insurmountable. If there is one thing drummed into the brains of every possible moviegoer it is the color of Hedy Lamarr's eyes. We had it drilled into us in first grade.

by Anonymousreply 63August 3, 2019 5:34 PM

It's not just the eye color, its the fact that Gal doesn't even remotely resemlble Hedy, Add that to the wrong eye color and bam. MISCAST.

by Anonymousreply 64August 3, 2019 5:42 PM

R53 Kristen doesn't look like that anymore. And like most of her movies, she'd fuck it up with her acting tics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 3, 2019 5:55 PM

R65 Kristen Stewart still looks good with long hair, much better than Gadot.

I have no ideal what acting tics that you are talking about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 3, 2019 6:18 PM

Stewart is not prettier than Gadot. Please stop the bullshit already.

by Anonymousreply 67August 3, 2019 6:24 PM

Megan Fox and Kristen Stewart may be beautiful, and have light eyes and hair that is dark at least part of the time, but NEITHER CAN ACT FOR SHIT. Gadot has been decent in some roles, which puts her ahead of either.

Face it, there isn't a name actress in Hollywood right now who is both as beautiful as Hedy, and capable of acting out the extremely dramatic story of her escape from her first marriage and the Nazis, and rise to Hollywood stardom. I've said above that Gadot isn't it, but there isn't anyone better at the tops of the casting directors' lists.

by Anonymousreply 68August 3, 2019 6:33 PM

Stewart isn’t BEAUTIFUL though.

by Anonymousreply 69August 3, 2019 6:34 PM

R67 At the height of her popularity, Kristen Stewart was a stable in fashion magazines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 3, 2019 6:38 PM

If she's a stable, what am I?

by Anonymousreply 71August 3, 2019 6:42 PM

Doesn’t mean she’s some stunning beauty. That’s because she was the star of the Twilight movies.

by Anonymousreply 72August 3, 2019 6:43 PM

Kristen Stewart isn't beautiful. Most top actresses frequently appear on the covers of fashion mags.

by Anonymousreply 73August 3, 2019 6:43 PM

She's the new Ashley Judd.

by Anonymousreply 74August 3, 2019 6:46 PM

Ashley Judd was once beautiful. Fine features, beautiful coloring, lovely facial shape - let's give her that.

R63 made me laugh out loud!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 3, 2019 6:57 PM

Kristin Stewart always looks like someone just shoved horseshit under her nose.

by Anonymousreply 76August 3, 2019 6:58 PM

星辉娱乐预计上半年盈利1.2亿元-1.48亿元,增幅在-15%至5%之间。尽管业绩与上年大致持平,但需要指出的是,上年同期公司出售了球员杰拉德。莫雷诺,实现利润1.06亿元;而今年同期尚未出售类似球员,报告期内转会收入及利润减少。星辉娱乐指出,游戏业务利润较上年同期有较大幅度增长。

by Anonymousreply 77August 3, 2019 6:59 PM

R67 Gal Gadot never appeared on the cover of Vogue magazine. Kristen Stewart appeared on the cover of Vogue numerous times. It means that Gadot's face doesn't sell high fashion magazines or the fashion editor of Vogue doesn't find Gadot's face to be photogenic enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 3, 2019 7:12 PM

When Gal picks up a heroin habit, she can be on the cover or Vogue too!

by Anonymousreply 79August 3, 2019 7:13 PM

Stewart appeared numerous times because she's had numerous films that were high profile. The Twilight series was huge. Gadot has only had Wonder Woman. Also Stewart is that bland sort of White woman appeal people aren't intimidated by, she's relatable I guess.

When Gadot gets another blockbuster where she is the star, she will get a Vogue cover. Vogue also picks Americans for the cover. Gadot has probably been on a foreign Vogue cover.

by Anonymousreply 80August 3, 2019 7:17 PM

R80 Gal Gadot never appeared on a foreign Vogue cover. Her face is not photogenic enough.

by Anonymousreply 81August 3, 2019 7:25 PM

Gal is 100% photogenic while Kristen is not. She’s never been considered a beauty because she isn’t.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 3, 2019 7:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 3, 2019 7:31 PM

Even with almost no makeup she’s far more beautiful than Stewart

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 3, 2019 7:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 3, 2019 7:32 PM

She looked striking in ELLE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 3, 2019 7:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 3, 2019 7:33 PM

Gadot's career is flourishing and Stewart has done nothing but fail. I agree that Gadot doesn't have the sculpted face of an old time movie star, but that's not why she was cast as Lamarr, is it?

Kristen Stewart missed being beautiful by a few millimeters. Feral is more the word that comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 88August 3, 2019 7:34 PM

R86 Gal Gadot is still not good enough for Vogue.

by Anonymousreply 89August 3, 2019 7:36 PM

Kristen Stewart’s chin is very prominent. She is extremely good-looking, but a very different type than Hedy Lamar.

by Anonymousreply 90August 3, 2019 7:42 PM

Hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 3, 2019 7:46 PM

Gal Gadot is ethnic. But naturally gorgeous with little effort.

Kristen Stewart can’t relate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 3, 2019 7:49 PM

Love everything about her. Effortless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 3, 2019 7:54 PM

Ladies! Ladies! They’re both attractive women, worthy of magazines.

I like Kristen because she has a snotty aspect and distinct face. Gadot is more man-pleasing-pretty but generic.

by Anonymousreply 94August 3, 2019 9:15 PM

Incidentally, Kristen is playing another Hollywood beauty in an upcoming film: Jean Seberg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 3, 2019 10:13 PM

No one is going to look just like Hedy. The actress just ideally needs to be very pretty in a slightly bland way. (No offense to Ms. Lamarr, she was very perfectly balanced without any unusual features.) Gadot would not be my first choice and she needs to wear light-colored contacts but maybe she can pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 96August 3, 2019 11:06 PM

I hope they cover Hedy's first marriage to the arms manufacturing plutocrat, her golden cage existence, her simmering anger and resentment, and her daring night escape by bicycle. Maybe the first episodes should be in B&W.

by Anonymousreply 97August 3, 2019 11:17 PM

I hope they cover Hedy's later years, the plastic surgery, and downfall. Madonna can take over for Gadot for the older Hedy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98August 3, 2019 11:42 PM

[Quote] I have no ideal what acting tics that you are talking about.

Then you're either blind or in denial.

by Anonymousreply 99August 4, 2019 2:11 AM

That Twilight girl is such a bad actress, I want to kick her in the cuntbone before Stevie Nicks can.

by Anonymousreply 100August 4, 2019 2:59 AM

Can't wait for the shoplifting scenes.

by Anonymousreply 101August 4, 2019 3:00 AM

Looks fantastic and I am here for it!

Go Gal (although that name, really?) and Go Hedy!

by Anonymousreply 102August 4, 2019 3:09 AM

Kristen Stewart as Seberg is also grossly miscast. You must at least resemble who you're playing. Gadot is too athletic and modern looking to play Hedy, who looked very refined and classically beautiful. Margot Robbie is wrong as Sharon Tate, too. Blech. Sharon did not have those horse teeth.

by Anonymousreply 103August 4, 2019 3:25 AM

Sharon Tate had a big flat face, gypsy eyes and a witches chin. Margot Robbie is much better looking.

by Anonymousreply 104August 4, 2019 3:27 AM

Gypsy eyes? Lol. Anyway, I never thought Sharon was all that, in termos of beauty; I'm just remarking that Margot Robbie looks nothing like her. And beware, soon the "Sharon Tate is the most beautiful woman ever" troll will be all over this thread.

by Anonymousreply 105August 4, 2019 3:57 AM

I think they can (and will) transform Gadot into a reasonable facsimile of Hedy, at least I hope so. Hedy Lamarr has deserved a biopic for so long. I'm thrilled that she's finally getting one and kudos to Gadot for putting it together. She capitalized on the success of Wonder Woman and got the Lamarr project rolling for herself. I actually liked Gadot as Wonder Woman, go figure.

I agree with you on the dreaded Stewart, she's so dull and AWG that I don't get why anyone would see her as Seberg. However, I have only ever seen Stewart's work in Snow White. My nieces enjoyed it and that has been sufficient Stewart for me.

Robie as Sharon Tate is a bit of a mystery. I haven't seen One Upon A Time In Hollywood yet, we may get to it next week. She was very pretty and sexy in WoWS but I hated that movie. A caveat, I'm old and I actually remember how unbelievable beautiful Sharon Tate was during her life. People throw around the word stunning, she was literally stunning. Robie is not that but I've heard good things about her performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106August 4, 2019 3:57 AM

Sharon Tate was pretty. That's it. Far from stunning. She looked like a car show model or a Ted Bundy victim. Kind of slutty in most of her presentation on screen to be honest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 4, 2019 4:06 AM

Sharon Tate is stunning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108August 4, 2019 4:35 AM

Is no thread safe from the Sharon Tate Troll?

by Anonymousreply 109August 4, 2019 4:58 AM

Interesting, because she seems to SAY Susan Lucci.

by Anonymousreply 110August 4, 2019 5:00 AM

I'm not a Sharon Tate troll, I just remember how beautiful she was back in the olden days. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 111August 4, 2019 5:22 AM

She wasn’t that beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 112August 4, 2019 10:32 AM

Any pics of Sharon without the heavy eye make up?

by Anonymousreply 113August 4, 2019 10:42 AM

Hedy looked like a burn victim. Was it just sun damage, or was the skin not smoothed out properly when they pulled up her face in the operating theatre?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 4, 2019 10:43 AM

R98, The creature coming in for the kiss looks like Mia Farrow.

by Anonymousreply 115August 4, 2019 10:47 AM

Well, you can’t throw any of the fish-eyed actresses at the role anyway.

by Anonymousreply 116August 4, 2019 11:21 AM

"Megan Fox and Kristen Stewart may be beautiful, and have light eyes and hair that is dark at least part of the time, but NEITHER CAN ACT FOR SHIT"

Hedy couldn't act, either, so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 117August 4, 2019 3:33 PM

What is this weird mentality of light eyes = beautiful?

Many people with brown eyes are gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 118August 4, 2019 3:34 PM

Hedy is excellent in H.M. Pulham Esq. (1941).

by Anonymousreply 119August 4, 2019 3:46 PM

Hedy wasn't excellent in anything, ever

by Anonymousreply 120August 4, 2019 3:59 PM

Sharon Tate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 4, 2019 4:13 PM

I raise you Gong Li!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 4, 2019 4:15 PM

Gong Li is STUNNING!

by Anonymousreply 123August 4, 2019 4:34 PM

Dem teef.

by Anonymousreply 124August 4, 2019 4:39 PM

Hedy must have had some money if she kept getting facelifts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125August 4, 2019 4:39 PM

[114] Hedy destroyed her own beauty with too much plastic surgery when it was in its infancy. She then had more surgery to try and correct the damage.. George Sanders said ( I won't forget the italics like I did in an earlier reply that upset someone. This isn't a direct quote. ) He said something like. Even amongst the Hollywood beauties of the time. Hedy was something else. When she walked into a room full of people it would fall silent and everyone would simply stop and stare. Claudette Colbert said after 'Boomtown' , something like you can act all you like, who cares, when your up against Lamarr's face. No, She wasn't an exceptional actress and Hollywood didn't know what to do with her. Like making her, an ivory skinned raven haired European play a dark skinned Mexican spitfire. Ridiculous. Sadly she didn't have a Svengali like Garbo had Stiller, Dietrich had Von Sternberg, Monroe had Hyde, most of Hedy's best work if you can call it that, was done on loan out to other studios.

by Anonymousreply 126August 4, 2019 4:42 PM

Hedy's kids said she was very irritable, short-tempered and could be cruel to them. She probably shouldn't have had kids; just been a geeky scientist or researcher.

by Anonymousreply 127August 4, 2019 4:43 PM

Hedy invented frozen yogurt.

by Anonymousreply 128August 4, 2019 4:46 PM

[quote]What is this weird mentality of light eyes = beautiful? Many people with brown eyes are gorgeous.

No one equaled light eyes with beauty, but some dark haired, light eyed women are stunning, and a great part of their beauty stems from the exotic coloring. Just see the legendary beauties of Hollywood - Vivien Leigh, Ava Gardner, Elizabeth Taylor, Hedy - they all had this combo. Would Elizabeth Taylor be the most celebrated beauty of her time without the violet eyes and black hair? Of course not. And obviously, many brown eyed people are beautiful, you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 129August 4, 2019 9:47 PM

r123 you have excellent taste.

Gong Li is one of the most beautiful women in the world. She is also one of the most gracious. I had the privilege of working on Memoirs Of A Geisha. She's the only autograph I've ever collected and that was only because I wanted to have a reason to look her in the eyes and talk to her (through her translator). I suspect she was surprised to find that a Black man was a huge fan of her work. I gushed all over her. MARY!!

by Anonymousreply 130August 4, 2019 11:40 PM

It pisses me off so much when a bunch of faggots start to go on and on about how this totally ho-hum female is some sort of rare beauty. Even you people have drunk the heteronormativity kool aid.

by Anonymousreply 131August 5, 2019 1:33 AM

Which totally ho-hum female are you talking about 131?

Gal or Kristen?

by Anonymousreply 132August 5, 2019 2:55 AM

They don't come any more ho hum than Heddy. I had to google her and it seems she was a brief sensation in 1938 for swimming NUDE! She's was evenly pretty in an uninteresting way, and then with the dark hair dye job and cookie cut nose job she became MGM style beautiful, styled by MGM. I have a hard time believing anyone bought it for real. Heddy was not a beauty. She's more like a beauty consultant or beauty contestant judge.

by Anonymousreply 133August 5, 2019 3:05 AM

I hope she gains about 25 pounds for the role. And, those of you bitching about eye color are nuts. They de-aged Sam Jackson 30 years for the entirety of Captain Marvel. You think they can't switch someone's eye color for an entire movie?

by Anonymousreply 134August 5, 2019 3:31 AM

Besides...it could be Gal Gadot as WONDER WOMAN undercover as Hedley.....winning WWII and inventing the yard-long pepper grinder.

Yeah, you assfaces said I wasn’t smart.

by Anonymousreply 135August 5, 2019 4:35 AM

R130 lucky you! I know that movie gets a lot of shit but I still like it.

by Anonymousreply 136August 5, 2019 6:15 AM

[quote]Gong Li is one of the most beautiful women in the world

Further proof that female beauty is nothing but youth + cosmetics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137August 5, 2019 6:18 AM

LIVe TYler. Gia Caranji. JussiE SmolLet, joan JeTt, ouR BOo Rob, CaNaDiAn TWinKs, LoRRIe MOrGAn, GoNG Li!!!

MARY!!

by Anonymousreply 138August 5, 2019 6:27 AM

Okay 137 we get it, you hate women being talked about as beautiful.

Finding beauty in women doesn't make anyone less gay.

It just means that individual appreciates beauty.

by Anonymousreply 139August 5, 2019 3:27 PM

Hedy had quite a distinctive profile. I can't think of a young, name actress with a similar look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140August 5, 2019 3:40 PM

I agree she is very pretty. But that woman cannot act. Almost embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 141August 5, 2019 3:45 PM

r139 You're going to insist the woman at r137 is beautiful?

by Anonymousreply 142August 5, 2019 6:19 PM

She made EXTASE in 1933. She was about 15 lbs heavier then than she was in ALGIERS (38). Like Dietrich and Garbo, she got "sculpted" for Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 143August 5, 2019 7:41 PM

She's recognisably herself here. What age was she? 14?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144August 5, 2019 7:48 PM

Was she a gypsy? Explains the stealing.

by Anonymousreply 145August 5, 2019 7:59 PM

Older, R144. It was taken in London in 1937, just before her Hollywood debut. She was 22.

by Anonymousreply 146August 5, 2019 10:00 PM

I SEE your Gong Li, and RAISE YOU...

Wait for it...wait for it...

FELICITY JONES!

Just compare her face here with the photo at r144!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147August 8, 2019 3:03 AM
by Anonymousreply 148August 22, 2019 2:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!