Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Finn Jones (Game of Thrones/Iron Fist)

Loras Tyrell in Game of Thrones and Iron Fist in the Netflix Marvel shows. He is said to be a nice guy and seemed to be on good terms with most of the GoT cast, especially close to Alfie Allen, Gethin Anthony, Oona Chaplin and Gwendoline Christie amongst others. He did develop a bit of a reputation for partying while he was on GoT and was rumoured to have had some issues with drugs in the past. There was gossip about some people on GoT having to do an intervention on him some time during the filming of season four because it had become a problem for him.

While he has had girlfriends in the past, and was recently seeing a female photographer (the woman with dark hair who is in a few of his Instagram posts from April and May) I think he is likely bi for a number of reasons. He has talked about sexuality not being a “duality” and said that people are much more “varied” than that. He has also made mention in interviews about his life and his Thrones character’s life beginning to “merge” as time went by. There is a video on YouTube of him at a convention a couple of years ago talking in a cryptic way about how “certain things start to imitate art and art starts to imitate life” as time went by, which seemed to imply something about his personal life. So while I think his interest in women is genuine, I think he has most likely been with men too. Anyone got any more concrete information on this?

In terms of acting, he is not currently working on anything as far as I know. He was in LA from late June to mid July and posted a couple of Instagram stories of himself working out, so I think he was looking for work but didn’t get the impression that he succeeded in getting any acting jobs while he was there. I wonder if him getting fired from that pilot he was briefly cast in back in March is going to have any longer term repercussions. The reports at the time said he had been offered the role without having to read for it, but when the producers saw him perform at the first table read, they quickly changed their minds. Have to feel that is going to make others very cautious about hiring him in future, at least without a thorough audition first. I hope things improve for him, but not sure where his career is going to go from here.

Anyone heard any gossip about him, who he might have hooked up with, or any other interesting stories?

by Anonymousreply 177August 18, 2020 9:34 PM

He hangs out with Julian and Landon, so I've always assumed he was a lover of cock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 2, 2019 12:06 PM

Here is a link to an interview where he mentions overlap between himself and Loras (https://sidmag.tumblr.com/post/109899391301/finnjonesfans-ive-never-really-been-one-to-look).

[quote]Always when I encounter a role I bring as much of myself into the character as possible, in result of that the lines do start to blur of who’s who. Not in a massive way, just subtly - certain unconscious traits. Playing a character such as Loras Tyrell for five years certainly rubs off on you.[/quote]

R1, I think the woman shown in Landon's post is the same person from Finn's Instagram posts, I remember finding it strange that Finn started featuring her in his posts when they hadn't been seeing each other for that long. It felt like he was trying to prove something, or trying to make someone jealous maybe. When he was in LA more recently she briefly appeared in a couple of his Insta stories, but not in any permanent posts this time, and she also doesn't have any posts about him on her own Instagram, which suggests that it isn't really a serious relationship. Have there been any rumours about him being involved with any of Julian and Landon's male friends in the past?

by Anonymousreply 2August 8, 2019 6:14 PM

Sorry, the link didn't post correctly the first time, and I'm not sure how to edit my post, so here it is again.

https://sidmag.tumblr.com/post/109899391301/finnjonesfans-ive-never-really-been-one-to-look

by Anonymousreply 3August 8, 2019 6:17 PM

r3 You need to put the links into the Web Site Link field.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 8, 2019 6:20 PM

He was fired after a table read? Why? Was he such an asshole to the rest of the cast? Did he showed up drunk?

by Anonymousreply 5August 8, 2019 6:26 PM

Maybe he realized he couldn't act or the chemistry wasn't there. It happens. Better to get it out the way versus having to recast after the pilot is shot which requires re-shoots.

by Anonymousreply 6August 8, 2019 6:32 PM

He was fugly as Ser Loras.

by Anonymousreply 7August 8, 2019 6:39 PM

I always get him mixed up with the blond British guy who played the used-up whore & former champion in the "Hunger Games" franchise.

by Anonymousreply 8August 8, 2019 6:44 PM

Isn't his boyfriend a black dude?

by Anonymousreply 9August 8, 2019 6:56 PM

Thanks R4!

R9, I think I know who you mean, the guy who he has been photographed next to in a couple of his Instagram posts, and I wondered the same thing, but it seems this guy is dating Finn's friend MJ Delaney instead. I am sure Finn has had a boyfriend at some point though. The references to his life and Loras' life merging also made me wonder if he had been with someone from the Game of Thrones cast. A couple of years ago there was a blind item about a secret couple who had been in GoT which used gender neutral language, and it made me wonder if it might be referring to a same sex relationship.

In terms of acting, it turns out that he actually has a new project lined up after all, he made a recent Insta story in which he mentioned filming in Canada, and yesterday a couple more stories showing him flying there and then one of him in Toronto. No idea what project is it, but nice that he has been able to get some work again.

by Anonymousreply 10August 12, 2019 10:19 PM

OP, where's the evidence he ever had girlfriends in the past?

And the Lilli girl he hangs out with is probably a faghag. I don't think she's his girlfriend. In fact, she has posted photos of herself on IG making out with a girlfriend, so she may be a lesbian. I've been following Finn & Lilli for the past 2 months, and they aren't even on vacation together or in the same cities/countries a lot of the time.

by Anonymousreply 11August 12, 2019 10:22 PM

R1 & R2, yeah, Finn has been friends with Julian & Landon for many years. There are lots of photos of them socializing going back 5 or 6 years on IG.

And Finn usually visits them each time he is in LA. He visited them about a month ago.

by Anonymousreply 12August 12, 2019 10:26 PM

R11, that's interesting about Lilli, I thought something seemed a bit theatrical about the photos he was posting of them together, like he was trying too hard to make it seem like they were an item.

In terms of other girlfriends, he has mentioned a few in interviews, but I will admit the only photographic evidence I have seen is of a woman called Maya he was dating a few years ago, the girl with shoulder length blonde hair who turns up in a few of his 2015 Instagram posts. Her account is private now, but when it was public I had a look at it and there were a lot of photos of them together from that year through to early 2016. His manager Lawrence also followed her and she turned up in a few posts with him and Finn on his account during that period too. But I got the impression that Finn broke up with her when he went off to film Iron Fist, as she unfollowed him around that time, and since then there hasn't been any signs of him getting seriously involved with a woman.

R12, thanks for the info on Finn's friendship with Julian and Landon.

by Anonymousreply 13August 12, 2019 10:39 PM

He's is clearly gay.

by Anonymousreply 14August 12, 2019 10:41 PM

I have been curious about Finn for a long time too (and about Will Tudor) and I liked the theory that he may have introduced Brandon Flynn and Richard Madden. It could be far from what happened, but it's a nice thought.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 12, 2019 10:52 PM

There are also so many photos of him with Gethin Anthony that seem genuinely affectionate and not just like fan service.

by Anonymousreply 16August 12, 2019 10:55 PM

R13, I'll see if I can find the photos that Lilli posted with her girlfriend on IG Stories. I can't remember whether I saved them.

R15, yeah, I think Will Tudor may be gay, too. There's a thread here on Tudor and over the past year he seemed to be going everywhere with a male friend/photographer that appears to be his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 17August 12, 2019 10:57 PM

Thanks, R17, yeah, I keep track of that thread :).

by Anonymousreply 18August 12, 2019 11:03 PM

A pity we're unlikely to find out what this was all about. (Thanks OP, you gave me my entertainment for tonight, trying to search for any gossip ;))

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 12, 2019 11:26 PM

R15, I like the idea he could have introduced Brandon and Richard. I know that Finn and Brandon liked quite a few of each other's posts after they got to know each other on the Netflix promotional tour in 2017. I also noticed that Finn also liked several of Brandon's shirtless images. Although it seems as of very recently that Brandon doesn't follow Finn anymore, which surprised me as Finn and Richard are good friends from GoT days, so the three of them hanging out would make sense. Finn does still follow Brandon and like some of his posts though.

R16, completely agree, have often wondered if there was more than friendship going on between him and Gethin. I also noticed last year Gethin was in New York both around the time of Finn's birthday in March and his own birthday in October, which I thought was interesting timing.

Thanks R17. I also agree about Will Tudor, and think that the guy Matt who he shares an apartment with might be his boyfriend, or at least that they used to be together. Looking at his Instagram, he tagged Will in an old Valentine's Day post, visited him when he was filming around the world, and when people left comments on Matt's posts asking if they were dating, he didn't reply or comment one way or the other, which seemed to suggest that they were.

R19, you're welcome, thanks for posting the photo. I think this was from an event in 2011 that they went to with Kit and Alfie. Afterwards they were all posing for photographers and Finn ended up kissing Gethin on the cheek. Gethin looked absolutely smitten, and I was sure that he at least had a crush on Finn. I will see if I can gather up some more information, there have been other things over the years which have made me wonder.

by Anonymousreply 20August 12, 2019 11:44 PM

No date for when BF unfollowed Finn?

by Anonymousreply 21August 12, 2019 11:46 PM

R21, I noticed it around the time BF was in New York with Richard in May, I think the unfollowing was sometime between May 21st and 26th. I noticed because of the way Instagram tells you the number of other accounts you follow that also follow a person, and around that time Finn's suddenly dropped by one, and after looking I saw it was Brandon who was no longer following him. Finn usually lives in NY, but when Brandon and Richard were there I think he had just left as he was going on holiday to Italy.

by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2019 12:03 AM

Yeah, I was also surprised to see Brandon had unfollowed Finn, R20.

Thanks for the info on Gethin and Finn. I had no idea about Gethin's trips and the timing. Thank you for looking for more info as well, I appreciate that. What I meant to link to was this gossip an anon wanted to share/discuss about Gethin and/or Finn but never clarified.

Re Will and Matt: Perhaps they did date at some point, but Matt seems to have a gf now or did recently anyway. This confused me, but I still think Will is gay, while Finn could be bi.

by Anonymousreply 23August 13, 2019 12:04 AM

Hmmm... could Finn be an ex of Richard's?

by Anonymousreply 24August 13, 2019 12:05 AM

Now that would be intriguing, R24!

Gethin is really holding on to Finn here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2019 12:08 AM

Someone talked about how BF would leave flirty IG comments up to circa last December - another Netflix actor was mentioned, a European (Spanish, I think) who plays a gay(ish) character. The poster didn't say that BF stopped following that guy, though, just that the flirty comments ceased. BF seems to follow a crazy amount. I suppose it's possibly an accidental unfollow...

by Anonymousreply 26August 13, 2019 12:11 AM

Aron Piper, yes, R26. And true, could have just been accidental.

I love this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 13, 2019 12:14 AM

He looks much better clean shaven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 13, 2019 12:25 AM

Most definitely, R28. He can look quite angelic but also rather mischievous, a great combination! I remember reading the story about him having been adopted and his anxiety etc. which surprised me (it shouldn't have) since he seems so happy-go-lucky.

by Anonymousreply 29August 13, 2019 12:30 AM

It's interesting that Finn now seems to spend more time working as a DJ than as an actor. He spends a lot of time in the NYC clubs. He was in Spain this week, was in Canada yesterday, and is now on his way to NYC for a club this week.

Every month or two he travels to L.A. and visits Julian & Landon. He posted a video at their pool a few weeks ago.

Advertisement for Finn's August 14th New York event:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 13, 2019 5:59 AM

R23, yes, that sounded interesting! Maybe the anon didn't return because the main account had become so dormant. Back in 2011-12 there was more discussion about them on Tumblr (and a bit of speculation that they might have hooked up) but it gradually declined over time. The interesting thing is that, despite there not being that much talk in recent years about the possibility of them having had a relationship, they have sometimes acted like they are still a source of speculation. There is some footage from outside an Emmys afterparty in LA last year (a few weeks before Gethin’s trip to New York) in which Gethin makes a slightly theatrical attempt at seeming exasperated with Finn, as if he is anxious about them being seen hanging out in an unambiguously friendly way and is trying too hard to suggest otherwise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2019 7:53 PM

Thank you, R31, I hadn't seen that video before. It certainly is intriguing that they still seem close (if we were to assume they were just cast mates for a while). Has Gethin publicly dated in recent years?

by Anonymousreply 32August 13, 2019 8:48 PM

R32, he has, but I have had mixed impressions about the situation. There is a woman he has been seeing on and off during the past year, but I wasn't convinced he was that committed to her. It has also been a long distance thing for much of the time. What I also thought was notable was that the off periods seemed to coincide with times he might have been spending with Finn.

To give some context, since Finn moved to New York in early 2016, he hasn’t travelled to London that often, but he does spend several days there in the run up to Christmas each year. In 2016 and 2017 he stayed in the Shoreditch area, at the Shoreditch House branch of Soho House, going by his Instagram stories. Shoreditch also happens to be the same area Gethin lives in (he has posted a couple of photos of himself there in recent years and his flatmate Sam has made various posts with a Shoreditch location tag). London is a big city and Finn could stay anywhere (his own family are actually from west London on the other side of the city) but he is keen on Shoreditch for some reason. Last last year, Gethin’s flatmate also made a post on his own Instagram saying he was off on holiday for a few months and would be back in the New Year, so presumably Gethin had the place to himself during late 2018. Then when Finn came back to London in December 2018, he posted some Insta stories of himself around Shoreditch, but this time there was no suggestion he was staying at Shoreditch House, or any other details on his accommodation. This was also a time where things seemed to have gone cold between Gethin and his sometime girlfriend. It may not mean anything, but I thought it was an interesting coincidence.

Gethin's public stance on his sexuality has also altered slightly in recent years: back in 2011 he insisted he was straight, but in 2016 he gave an interview (not online unfortunately) in which he made a couple of interesting comments in response to a question about whether or not he thought 1960s attitudes on sexuality were reflected in today's LGBT community. He began with, "I think there's a hugely positive side to where we're at with that. I mean, do we really need to see humanity in any kind of binary way, whether it be gender or sexuality?", and went on to say, "there's a great freedom in recognising people can be a little bit this, a little bit that, a bit of everything." It implied to me that he had grown to realise his own interests were also much wider than he once thought, and that by this point he might be open to having relationships with men as well.

by Anonymousreply 33August 13, 2019 9:36 PM

Thanks a lot for all that, R33! Very interesting indeed, all of it! Maybe they started out as just friends but things evolved? Maybe it's not an exclusive situation or it is on and off. I honestly hadn't really considered it possible, but you have definitely made me rethink that.

I don't know why but I kind of felt like Gethin may have actually been jealous of Will in the gifs above (at 3:50 in the video below) and exaggerated it to cover that up. (Overplaying it in a way similar to what you described about the Emmy afterparty video)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 13, 2019 9:51 PM

You're welcome R34! Yes I think they were friends at first, and that things were platonic while Gethin was still on the show, but at some later point that it may have evolved into more, although probably on a non-exclusive basis. I wondered if Finn moving to NY made him realise how much he missed him, and that led to a change in the relationship when they did see each other again.

Thanks for the video and the gif. I agree that there is some genuine jealousy there. Gethin always seemed very invested in the Loras/Renly relationship, so much so that I wondered if it he was treating it as a proxy for expressing his real feelings for Finn. There is an old Tumblr post where someone commented on him liking a Twitter comment by Finn where Finn described Renly as Loras' soulmate, despite Gethin rarely liking any posts on Twitter back when he had an account.

Gethin in general has never been that active on any of his social media channels - he doesn't post that often, doesn't follow many people or like high numbers of posts, hardly ever posts selfies - so the occasions when he has done things differently have stood out and sometimes made me wonder. There have been some other examples, I'll aim to write a round up soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 13, 2019 10:43 PM

Gethin looks a bit like Jonathan Bailey in certain angles. Was surprised he popped up in The Magicians this season as I thought he'd be in bigger things by now. I like him a lot. He's a proper actor, unlike Finn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 13, 2019 10:52 PM

The Brandon Flynn unfollowing thing is interesting. Of course it’s probably as simple as they were never actually that close - Finn and Brandon - but they did seem to interact with each other’s accounts to a good extent ... and then suddenly Brandon unfollowed.

Wonder if Finn tried fill Brandon in on something about Madden, ha.

by Anonymousreply 37August 13, 2019 10:55 PM

Thanks, R35 and you're welcome for the video/gifs! I will look forward to your round up for sure :). It is certainly possible that they got closer once they were actually apart for a while.

Haha, R37, maybe!

by Anonymousreply 38August 13, 2019 11:22 PM

and this unforgettable "gay for finn" comment at 3:09.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 17, 2019 8:59 AM

R39 yikes

by Anonymousreply 40August 18, 2019 1:52 AM

Who did Finn say he was gay for? I didn't quite hear the name.

by Anonymousreply 41August 18, 2019 2:02 AM

Interviewer asked Gethin if he was actually gay. Finn intervened saying "gay for Finn." So Finn meant Gethin should be gay for Finn.

by Anonymousreply 42August 18, 2019 2:27 AM

Of course, Finn added he was gay for Geth.

by Anonymousreply 43August 18, 2019 2:32 AM

Video from May 2017 at a convention in Puerto Rico where he talks about life and art merging while playing Loras. This is the interview mentioned earlier in the thread. The question about Loras is at 5:17 and his answer begins at 5:49.

[QUOTE]As most of my characters, I like to bring a lot of myself into the role, rather than put the role on, and what I’ve found, all of my career, when I’ve played roles for longer than six months, a really weird thing happens when, like, the two - like, your own life and the life of the character weirdly seems to merge, and not just in characteristics but also, like, in experience. Like, certain things start to mirror art, and art starts to mirror life, and it’s really, really bizarre. And I don’t know how that happens but it just does. [/QUOTE]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 18, 2019 6:53 PM

This isn't connected to his love life, but on YouTube there's a trailer from 2010 to a video game he acted in around that time. This would have been filmed not long before he was cast in GoT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 19, 2019 9:55 PM

So the project he mentioned he was filming in Canada has turned out to be a Netflix film called Awake, his casting was just announced today. Incidently, the director of the film is Mark Raso, who also directed Gethin Anthony in two previous films, including the lead role in Copenhagen a few years ago.

From Variety:

[QUOTE]Jennifer Jason Leigh, Barry Pepper and “Game of Thrones” actor Finn Jones will join Gina Rodriguez in Netflix’s sci-fi thriller “Awake.”

The newly announced cast also includes Ariana Greenblatt, Frances Fisher, Shamier Anderson, Lucius Hoyos and Gil Bellows.

“Awake” is set after a sudden global event wipes out all electronics and takes away humankind’s ability to sleep, and chaos quickly begins to consume the world. Rodriguez’s character may hold the key to a cure in the form of her own daughter while she faces the prospect of saving the world before she herself loses her mind.

“Kodachrome” helmer Mark Raso is attached to direct from a script he co-wrote with his brother Joseph Raso, as well as Greg Poirier. Entertainment One and Paul Schiff are producing the film. Rodriguez and the Raso brothers are executive producing with Mark Gordon, Josh Phillips, Matt Jackson, Poirier and Whitney Brown. Joanne Lee is a co-executive producing.

Production is currently underway in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 46August 21, 2019 9:52 PM

Sorry, got the formatting wrong. Here is the quote from Variety:

[QUOTE] Jennifer Jason Leigh, Barry Pepper and “Game of Thrones” actor Finn Jones will join Gina Rodriguez in Netflix’s sci-fi thriller “Awake.”

The newly announced cast also includes Ariana Greenblatt, Frances Fisher, Shamier Anderson, Lucius Hoyos and Gil Bellows.

“Awake” is set after a sudden global event wipes out all electronics and takes away humankind’s ability to sleep, and chaos quickly begins to consume the world. Rodriguez’s character may hold the key to a cure in the form of her own daughter while she faces the prospect of saving the world before she herself loses her mind.

“Kodachrome” helmer Mark Raso is attached to direct from a script he co-wrote with his brother Joseph Raso, as well as Greg Poirier. Entertainment One and Paul Schiff are producing the film. Rodriguez and the Raso brothers are executive producing with Mark Gordon, Josh Phillips, Matt Jackson, Poirier and Whitney Brown. Joanne Lee is a co-executive producing.

Production is currently underway in Canada.[/QUOTE]

by Anonymousreply 47August 21, 2019 9:54 PM

Trying again:

[quote] Jennifer Jason Leigh, Barry Pepper and “Game of Thrones” actor Finn Jones will join Gina Rodriguez in Netflix’s sci-fi thriller “Awake.” The newly announced cast also includes Ariana Greenblatt, Frances Fisher, Shamier Anderson, Lucius Hoyos and Gil Bellows. “Awake” is set after a sudden global event wipes out all electronics and takes away humankind’s ability to sleep, and chaos quickly begins to consume the world. Rodriguez’s character may hold the key to a cure in the form of her own daughter while she faces the prospect of saving the world before she herself loses her mind. “Kodachrome” helmer Mark Raso is attached to direct from a script he co-wrote with his brother Joseph Raso, as well as Greg Poirier. Entertainment One and Paul Schiff are producing the film. Rodriguez and the Raso brothers are executive producing with Mark Gordon, Josh Phillips, Matt Jackson, Poirier and Whitney Brown. Joanne Lee is a co-executive producing. Production is currently underway in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 48August 21, 2019 9:57 PM

Thanks for the info! Interesting about the link with Gethin!

by Anonymousreply 49August 21, 2019 10:01 PM

R49, you're welcome. I have mixed feelings about the premise of the film, but I am glad he is getting work again. And intriguing that he is working with a director Gethin has worked with multiple times and has remained friends with. I read an interview with Mark Raso when his last film came out and he said he had stayed friends with Gethin since filming Copenhagen and that they often saw each other when they were both in LA.

by Anonymousreply 50August 21, 2019 10:05 PM

Thanks, again, R50! And yes, it doesn't sound like a film I'd find interesting personally, but I too am glad he has this project!

by Anonymousreply 51August 21, 2019 10:07 PM

No problem R50!

Here is a quote from a 2017 interview where the director talks about his friendship with Gethin and about them supporting each other, this is in response to a question about working with him again on his second film.

[quote]There happened to be the perfect role for Gethin in the film so I sent him the script and said “it’s yours if you want it”. Gethin has done some great work on Aquarius and he’s a seriously talented actor. We remain good friends and both happened to be living in LA the years after Copenhagen so we got to see each other a lot, bounced ideas off each other (including a Copenhagen follow up) and have supported each other since the film.

by Anonymousreply 52August 21, 2019 10:31 PM

Sorry, I meant R51!

by Anonymousreply 53August 21, 2019 10:31 PM

Thank you :). I didn't know Gethin was living in LA for a while! Where was Finn during that time, do you know?

by Anonymousreply 54August 21, 2019 10:36 PM

Gethin lived in LA on and off between mid 2014 and early 2016 when he filmed the two seasons of Aquarius, and Finn did visit there at some points during that period. He posted some photos of a road trip they took with his manager/friend Laurence in April 2015, and Laurence posted a photo of them at a Golden Globes afterparty in January 2016. Gethin was just finishing up Aquarius as Finn was beginning Iron Fist, they went to the S6 premiere of Thrones together in mid April then Gethin went back to London and Finn went on to New York for the Marvel shows. It was actually not long after then that Gethin broke up with the woman he had been dating for a while, and then gave that interview I mentioned earlier in the thread, where he talked about sexuality not being a binary thing, which made me wonder if there was any connection between all these things.

This is one of the posts from the April 2015 trip, which was one of the things I had in mind when I mentioned writing a round up of some things I had noticed on social media. What was also interesting is the timing of when Gethin actually liked the post. He wasn't that active on Instagram in 2015 and wasn't using the like function much at all back then. But not long after he got back from his trip to New York last October, from the same area Finn lives in, I remember noticing one night that he had suddenly liked this post, even though it had been posted 3 and a half years beforehand, and he would have had to scroll back through over a thousand of Finn's old posts to see it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 21, 2019 10:56 PM

[quote]Was surprised he popped up in The Magicians this season as I thought he'd be in bigger things by now.

He did Aquarius with McNamara and Gamble (Magicians showrunners) and they asked him to appear. I think the entire Aquarius cast have appeared by now, minus Duchovny, of course.

by Anonymousreply 56August 21, 2019 11:17 PM

The details and background are much appreciated, R55! I will certainly try to keep a closer eye on them now. I have actually been following them both for a long time but just never looked too closely at their activity and whereabouts.

by Anonymousreply 57August 22, 2019 12:00 AM

You're welcome R57. I think they are both filming their current projects until October, Finn in Canada and Gethin in Pittsburgh, so there may not be signs of them meeting up for a while, but you can sometimes read things between the lines. There are times when they have both been active on Instagram and posting things within short spaces of each other.

I think Gethin is still involved with the woman he has been seeing over the past year, but he has been very cagy about posting references to her on his own social media, just the occasional blurry photo or cryptic note about visiting a place together. What I also thought was notable was when he made his last reference to her (the post about going to the art/theatre center), Finn's own social media activity that same day and the day after seemed unusually needy of affection and attention. He posted a series of photos at Comic Con which seemed to be emphasising his connection with his family and with his love interest on Iron Fist, Jessica Henwick, not with anyone from GoT, then was liking lots of affectionate comments on that post in a way he doesn't usually do, and also changed his avatar for the first time in almost a year from one of him looking scruffy to a shot of him relaxing shirtless by a pool, like he wanted to emphasise his attractiveness, and a few days after that he posted another selfie looking semi-unclothed on a beach. But they are still following each other, so I assume whatever the situation, things are at least semi-OK now, as Gethin usually unfollows both ex-lovers and friends he has fallen out with.

This is total speculation, but I wondered if he and Finn had been having an understanding that they could see other people as long as it didn't get too serious, and hence Finn reacts in an unusual way at any signs from Gethin that he is still involved with this woman. The period back in April when Finn began posting all those photos implying he and Lilli were hooking up also occurred around a time Gethin was about to go off and see his girlfriend in San Francisco for a couple of weeks. It was so unusual of Finn to post in the way he was doing about a woman that it made me wonder if it was a reaction to that. He normally doesn't post about any of his relationships, with the exception of the one with the woman he was seeing back in 2015, which did seem genuine. Otherwise he keeps things very low key.

by Anonymousreply 58August 22, 2019 1:09 AM

Hmmmm, interesting. Somehow I can see Finn as someone who would need a lot of affection and reassurance. It certainly is possible that if there is/was anything between them, it was a side thing for both or just for one of them leading to different expectations. It will be interesting to see if they give us any further reason to speculate in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 59August 22, 2019 1:17 AM

I might be wrong but I think a few of those Madden/Flynn fangurls somewhere claimed that Brandon and Finn may have fucked couple of times in the past and that when Brandon got with Richard that eventually stopped following Finn and eventually stopped his flirting with Aron.

by Anonymousreply 60August 22, 2019 1:40 AM

R59, yes I have wondered about that, because while there have been these signs of what might be a relationship between them, there has also been evidence of relationships with other people too, especially in Gethin's case. So if there has been something between them, it's hard to be sure what it is or was: if they were just friends with benefits, or if they have actually been serious behind closed doors, and the public relationships are actually the ones they are less emotionally invested in. Of the two of them, Gethin has always been the one more anxious about how others perceive him and keen to emphasise his interest in women, even when later implying he might also be open to men as well. So him continuing to see this woman may be partly about maintaining certain impressions with friends and family, and him wanting to be able to say he has a girlfriend in case anyone asks any questions. Some of his social media follows and likes during the past several months had also given me the impression that he was still keeping a lookout for other possibilities, so I was actually quite surprised by his posts in July indicating that they were still together after all. But it could also be he has real feelings for her and wants to maintain that connection, even if he might have certain connections with others too. There could be other possibilities as well, it's difficult to be sure. He also seems to like being cryptic and leaving things open to interpretation in his social media posts a lot of the time.

The dynamic between him and Finn is also interesting in relation to this, because earlier in their friendship, the days when Gethin was still on GoT, it tended to be Gethin who was more needy for Finn's attention, and now it seems reversed to a certain extent. One thing I do remember from earlier this year though, there was one Saturday night in April when Gethin was tagged in a photo by a friend, along with his girlfriend and a few other friends at an event in LA, yet later that night (around 11pm in LA time) he also liked an old post of himself and Finn on a Finn fan account (the post he liked is linked below). Gethin hardly ever interacts with that kind of thing at any time, so to do so on a night where he was supposedly out on a Saturday with his girlfriend, and which was also one day after Finn posted the photos of him and Lilli, seemed curious timing all round, and maybe a sign that he still had feelings for Finn despite also seeing this woman. I agree it will be interesting to see what unfolds next and if they do give us more cause for speculation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 22, 2019 2:52 AM

R60, I did wonder if Finn and Brandon might have casually hooked up at some point, as given that Brandon started following more GoT people when he and Richard got more serious, it seemed surprising to unfollow a good friend of Richard's who he was also friends with already. But I thought it was also possible, given he unfollowed around the time Finn was travelling from NY to Italy, that it might have been a simple misunderstanding. For example, Brandon messaged Finn wanting to meet up after he and Richard arrived in NY, and Finn didn't reply/didn't get the message as he was in the middle of travelling from one place to another, so Brandon may have thought he was snubbing him, when it may be that Finn simply missed the message and didn't intend to ignore him. Finn still likes Brandon's posts so I don't think he perceives them as having fallen out, and probably isn't aware that Brandon has unfollowed him.

by Anonymousreply 62August 22, 2019 2:55 AM

It may be stereotyping but I don't think the guy on the right at r61 would go for the guy left. At all.

by Anonymousreply 63August 22, 2019 2:59 AM

Like I said r62 I don't know if it's true but some of those Madden/Flynn fangurls believe that Brandon and Finn previously had a causal with and that must have something went down to cause it to end and for Brandon to unfollow Finn.

by Anonymousreply 64August 22, 2019 3:58 AM

Cheeky Finn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 22, 2019 7:42 AM

So Finn can finally get some acting work again?

Because his main life the past year seems to be as a DJ.

by Anonymousreply 66August 22, 2019 7:48 AM

Apparently those high end DJs make millions of Dollars per year.

by Anonymousreply 67August 22, 2019 10:01 AM

Thanks, R61! There really seem to be lots of these small, interesting observations you've made that nobody would likely notice unless looking for them! I am glad you were :).

Yeah, the unfollowing issue still confuses me, especially because it was one-sided. I like all your theories...

by Anonymousreply 68August 22, 2019 11:43 AM

Thanks R68! There can sometimes be long stretches without seeing anything notable, but then there are periods where there can be some really intriguing things, like last September-October where they seemed to be seeing each other quite a bit. In terms of when they may have seen each other most recently, Finn was in LA from late June through to mid July, and I think Gethin might also have been there very briefly during that time, as he began following a couple of LA based people at the end of June, and signs in the past have implied that he only starts following people after seeing them in person. Finn was also posting some very upbeat Insta stories during that time with lyrics to romantic songs. While Finn did see Julian and Landon in LA, as he usually does when he is in town, on his most recent trip he doesn't seem to have met up with them until after Gethin was confirmed to be back in Pittsburgh. It doesn't definitely mean they saw each other, but it does look possible. Also a week or so after that was likely when Finn got the role in the Mark Raso film, as he posted a very upbeat Insta story around July 9th referencing having 'struck gold' in some way.

by Anonymousreply 69August 22, 2019 4:04 PM

Thanks, R69!! Let's hope for confirmed sightings sometime soon then...it would be nice anyway!

by Anonymousreply 70August 22, 2019 9:10 PM

It could have been an accidental unfollow or maybe he just found Finn's disco djing boring. There doesn't have to be a scandalous reason.

by Anonymousreply 71August 22, 2019 9:29 PM

Oh for sure, R71, it's just fun to speculate!

by Anonymousreply 72August 22, 2019 9:33 PM

R70, yes it would be good to get a confirmed sighting. Other than around the time of last year's Emmys, like in that video from outside the party, they have been quite cagy about being pictured together in recent years. Most of the shots I have seen of them hanging out have been on the Instagram accounts of mutual friends rather than on their own social media. I will have a look for those posts when I have time and post some links, I remember seeing a couple in 2016 and 2017.

by Anonymousreply 73August 23, 2019 2:32 AM

Found this from December 2016. This was Finn's first time back in London since moving to NY earlier that year to make the Marvel shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 23, 2019 8:52 PM

This is from July 2017, in London again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 23, 2019 11:56 PM

Awww, thank you!! I appreciate you taking the time to find these! And sweet that we have confirmation that they meet up!

by Anonymousreply 76August 24, 2019 12:15 AM

You're welcome! :) There used to be lots of photos of them together in the 2010-15 years, I will look out some images to post. Back then they were also both on Twitter and sometimes used to post nice shots of each other on their accounts, although I am more sure they were just friends back then. Actually one of the things that made me wonder if the situation had evolved was that they became much more low key about the occasions they did meet up, for example, you wouldn't know from posts on their own accounts that either of the dinners Laurence posted about had happened. If they were like Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke and a constant subject of rumours, I would understand the need to play things down, but even on gossip boards Finn and Gethin are hardly ever raised as a possibility. I read the GoT cast tea thread over on Lipstick Alley and saw only one question about them, which the main source said she had no information on anyway. Whether things are platonic or romantic between them, it seems to be very much under the radar.

by Anonymousreply 77August 24, 2019 12:53 AM

I also found a photo on Finn's Instagram from the April 2017 trip to Brazil which he and Brandon went on for their Netflix shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 24, 2019 1:17 AM

Thanks, R77/R78! Yes, the fact that they seem to be "hiding" their meetings to a certain extent, or at least not really posting about them, is interesting for sure. I think people would love to know they still hang out and most would not read anything romantic etc. into it, so there is no real downside to posting a picture here and there.

by Anonymousreply 79August 24, 2019 6:57 PM

R79, yes I agree. For example, back when Finn posted the April 2015 photos, people were just glad to see them hanging out, they weren't making comments on his Instagram insisting that it was a sign of anything more. So there is no need for them to be so cautious if it really is just a platonic friendship.

Something I thought was notable was last October, after Gethin posted about being in Greenpoint, a few hours later Finn made a post making it seem like he was currently away from NY and climbing a hill somewhere. It also looked like an old photo rather than a current one. A few days later he did go away on a genuine trip and his hair and beard looked much heavier than in the first photo, more than would be expected to grow in just a few days. So I thought it was likely he was trying to create an impression in the first photo that he wasn't in Brooklyn, in case people connected it to Gethin being there. But no-one had actually made any comment on Gethin's account, as far as I could see, connecting him and Finn being in the same place. It was like he was trying to stop gossip when no-one was actually saying anything.

In contrast, when Alfie Allen (who was also one of his closest friends on GoT) was in NY in May this year, while neither of them mentioned on their social media that they were meeting up, they were happy to pose for photographs with people at a restaurant who recognised them, so they weren't trying to hide or deflect attention from the fact that they saw each other, unlike Finn and Gethin.

Photo Finn posted not long after Gethin posted about being in NY below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 27, 2019 8:33 PM

And this was Finn's Instastory from October 18, two days after he posted the previous photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 27, 2019 8:37 PM

In contrast, this was Finn meeting up with Alfie in NY earlier this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 27, 2019 8:41 PM

Thank you!! That is a bit odd indeed! It makes no sense to go to such lengths for no good reason.

by Anonymousreply 83August 27, 2019 9:04 PM

You're welcome R83!

Finn made a nice post on Instagram earlier today, from a visit he made to Niagara Falls. When Gethin was filming Mark Raso's previous film in 2016, he also visited there and posted photos about it, one of which I remember Finn liking at the time. Niagara Falls is obviously a must see, so I am sure Finn would have visited there anyway, but still nice to see him going after liking Gethin's posts about it in the past, and now getting to see the same sights that he did.

Gethin's 2016 photo which Finn liked:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 28, 2019 12:10 AM

And Finn's post from the same place earlier today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 28, 2019 12:12 AM

Thank you! It is sweet he visited the same place after liking it!

Just saw this from last September

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 28, 2019 12:23 AM

Thanks for posting that! Looking at the date, I think this is one of Finn's Instastories from a few days after the last Emmys. They were both in LA for a couple of weeks during that month. And like in that Emmys afterparty video, Gethin is trying too hard again with his attempt to look annoyed at Finn.

Something else I realised, when posting the screencap of Finn's Instastory from last October a few posts earlier, is that he had a caption in the story about having just switched to a new phone. Interesting timing that he wraps things up with his old phone just after his close friend has been in town, and after having made such an effort to make it seem like they weren't even in the same place at the same time. Of course it is possible he could just have lost the phone, or be changing for another reason, but interesting timing to be doing so anyway.

by Anonymousreply 87August 28, 2019 12:51 AM

You're welcome! And yes, I noticed afterwards that it was from that time.

The whole thing is rather convoluted, haha!

by Anonymousreply 88August 28, 2019 1:04 AM

Here are a couple video clips from Finn in Niagara Falls, Canada today:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 28, 2019 1:49 AM

R88, yes it's definitely convoluted, LOL! Lots of details that are open to interpretation, so it's hard to be sure what the situation is in each case, but enjoyable to speculate about.

R89, thanks for the link to Finn's Instagram video stories.

by Anonymousreply 90August 28, 2019 1:56 AM

Absolutely, R90! I am definitely enjoying the speculation!!

by Anonymousreply 91August 28, 2019 11:55 AM

He posted a clip on his Instastory from a Brooklyn club earlier today, so he seems to be travelling back and forth between NY and Ontario at the moment. His new film is shooting until September 27th so I imagine he will have at least one more trip to Canada before it wraps.

I also found this video from a convention in Germany which was held a few weeks ago, around 9-10 August. He was on a GoT panel with Jack Gleeson and Tom Wlaschiha, where they were asked their opinions of the series finale amongst other things (Finn claimed he hadn't watched it, which sounded like a diplomatic response, LOL). He also had some nice comments about Gethin, from 11:36-11:55 in the clip below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 2, 2019 10:39 PM

Thanks a lot, R92! I will listen to that!

by Anonymousreply 93September 3, 2019 12:35 AM

He's been quite quiet in recent weeks, although it's harder to tell these days now that the Instagram activity tab doesn't show the accounts of others. He seems to have adopted a couple of kittens which have been showing up on his stories recently. He also went away for a few days with his friend Bashan and posted some shots of him on his Insta stories. There was some speculation on another thread that they might be dating as well.

He also recently began following some of the people associated with the new Apple show about Emily Dickinson, and went to the afterparty for the show's premiere (along with Bashan), which makes me wonder if he is going to be in the show itself at some point, maybe in season two if/when it gets re-commissioned? His hair has been looking a bit longer so that might be something he is growing for a new role, if that's what this turns out to be.

Slightly off-topic, but he posted this on his Insta story earlier today, does anyone recognise the artwork on the wall on the left, with the orange circle in the background? I think it also appeared in an earlier story he made in his apartment a few weeks ago. It looks vaguely familiar but I can't identify the artist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 26, 2019 8:39 PM

Finn DJed again tonight for a Halloween event at one of his New York hangouts.

I wonder why he decided to become a part-time DJ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95October 31, 2019 8:02 AM

He has been DJing casually for a few years, back in 2014 he went on a tour of university student venues in the UK, and he was a member of a DJ collective there until he moved to the US. But it has never taken off in a major way for him. To give a contrasting example, Alfie Allen's ex Allie Teilz, who Finn used to be friends with, is also a DJ and she gets a lot more work than Finn does. I don't know if that's because it is more of a fun hobby for him and he hasn't made a major push, or if he would like to do more but there just isn't that much interest in hiring him for gigs. For the past year or so most of his work in this area has been through a team with another DJ called Lauren Murada, every few months they do a set at a club in Brooklyn, and occasionally he gets other work, but mainly low key things like playing at a bar/cafe in NY on a Sunday afternoon, which he did a couple of months ago. In 2017-18 he used to do quite a few live videos on Instagram from his apartment where he would just leave the camera focused on the record deck as he played different songs, but I don't know if that was intended to be conscious promotion for his DJ abilities or just him having fun on social media.

by Anonymousreply 96October 31, 2019 12:47 PM

Recently he posted a shot of himself in period costume behind the scenes somewhere, and began following someone else from that Emily Dickinson show around the time its second season was publicly announced. It also seems like S2 has been actually been filming since late September, which was around the time he began following people from the cast, so it does look increasingly likely that he is going to be in that second season, no idea who he might be playing though.

Within the last few hours I also noticed that he suddenly posted a bunch of clips from Paris is Burning, at least ten of them on his Insta stories today. I don't know if he is just randomly watching it, or if it is work related in some way. It did occur to me that Pose, which is drawn from Paris is Burning, also films in NY, and he has been very keen to get other work in the city ever since his Marvel role there finished. Maybe he is being considered for season three auditions and is trying to emphasise that he is interested in the show's subject matter? It is unusual for him to post so many clips from something in this way, he usually just posts a photo on his stories with a comment when he has enjoyed watching a film or a show.

by Anonymousreply 97November 12, 2019 7:10 PM

R97, I noticed today that Finn also included a poster of the film 54 with a shirtless Ryan Phillippe:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98November 12, 2019 7:59 PM

Thanks R98, I missed that one.

by Anonymousreply 99November 12, 2019 8:31 PM

R98, also interesting that he selected the shirtless Philippe version of the poster, when there is a different version of the poster on the film's Wiki page which has Philippe wearing a shirt instead and also features the female cast members more heavily. Seems like a very deliberate choice.

by Anonymousreply 100November 12, 2019 9:25 PM

Thanks for all these details, everyone!! Let's hope we find out more about upcoming projects soon!

I also thought that poster was interesting but didn't even know there was another version! Intriguing.

by Anonymousreply 101November 13, 2019 7:27 PM

Well, since we think Finn is most likely gay, it's not that surprising he would be attracted to a photo of a shirtless twinky Ryan Phillippe. . .

by Anonymousreply 102November 14, 2019 12:33 AM

You don’t have to be gay to recognize the breathtaking sexual power of Ryan Phillippe in 54. He’s still one of the most beautiful actors to ever grace the big screen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103November 14, 2019 12:39 AM

Ryan Phillippe was certainly at his peak beauty in those days, R103.

And he was particularly an object of desire for gay men. He also has a couple of ass shots in the movie, which Finn probably enjoyed . . .

by Anonymousreply 104November 14, 2019 1:04 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105November 14, 2019 1:07 AM

Confirmation that he is going to be in the second season of Dickinson, the creator of the show posted a photo of the season two cast on Instagram today, with Finn tagged on the right hand side of the group. I don't have Apple + so I haven't seen season one, has anyone here watched it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106November 20, 2019 8:51 PM

At first I thought you meant "Dickensian".

That was a series that ran for one year based on the Charles Dickens' novels.

by Anonymousreply 107November 20, 2019 8:54 PM

As well as being glad he is getting employed again, I like that the new role seems to require him to grow and style his hair closer to the way it was in the Loras Tyrell years. Hated the Danny Rand look which I thought really dulled his beauty.

In other news, he will be DJing at a club in Brooklyn on 11 December.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 25, 2019 12:38 PM

Why is he so obsessed with DJing?

by Anonymousreply 109November 26, 2019 1:31 AM

There was news in Variety a couple of days ago confirming that the character he is playing in Dickinson is the newspaper editor Samuel Bowles, a good friend of Emily's who was also rumoured to be the subject of a series of love poems she wrote. The press release describes the character as "magnetic" so I am guessing the series will show some kind of romance between them onscreen, or at least Emily falling in love with him.

by Anonymousreply 110December 8, 2019 1:47 PM

R17, did you track down the IG stories of Lili that you mentioned? Still wonder what the situation was with her and Finn. They continue to follow each other but he hardly ever bothers liking her posts. Were they ever really hooking up, or did he just want people to believe they were, for reasons best known to himself?

by Anonymousreply 111December 8, 2019 11:44 PM

R111, Finn and Lili may just have been hanging out as friends. She seems like a faghag, or might even be a lesbian based on some of the stuff she posts. If that's the case, maybe Finn wasn't trying to make her seem like anything other than a friend. She seems to hang out with a lot of gay guys based on her IG, and she sometimes hangs out with Julian & Landon.

Since the time when she was hanging out with Finn and J & L, he has posted a lot of stuff with Bastian -- eg. going to art exhibits, spending a weekend at a cabin together, etc.

It's on the other Finn thread here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112December 13, 2019 11:24 PM

Thanks R17/R112, much appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 113December 14, 2019 12:34 AM

A photo of him with his DJing collaborator at their club event on 11 December. Liking the hair and the more clean shaven look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 14, 2019 12:50 AM

Finn posted this on IG today -- he's playing records at the Seneca for a charity Christmas party tonight:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 14, 2019 1:37 AM

Thanks R115

by Anonymousreply 116December 14, 2019 2:06 AM

He has been pretty low key recently, he played at the Seneca, then went to Hailee Steinfeld's birthday party last weekend along with others from the Dickinson cast, but hasn't been photographed out and about aside from that, and hasn't been tagged in other people's social media much aside from the birthday party. He just posted an IG story a couple of hours ago mentioning that he is taking a night flight, so I am guessing he is heading back to the UK for Christmas the way he usually does. The way things have gone the past few years is that he travels from the US to the UK in late December, spends a few days in London, then leaves around the 23rd to join his parents, sister and nephew somewhere in rural England and have Christmas Day there. Then he usually goes back to NY before the end of December to celebrate New Year. I will check on social media and see if there are any sightings while he is in London over the next few days.

by Anonymousreply 117December 20, 2019 10:32 PM

Thanks for keeping us updated, R117.

by Anonymousreply 118December 21, 2019 12:45 AM

You're welcome R118

by Anonymousreply 119December 21, 2019 12:59 AM

In London tonight with his manager Laurence and also Jessica Henwick (from Laurence's IG story).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 21, 2019 11:57 PM

To add to the last post, I think they may be at a party at Shoreditch House (one of the London branches of Soho House); while the photograph isn't totally clear, the background looks similar to the rooftop pool area there. Finn has sometimes made posts from there during previous visits to London. Laurence also seems to be a member going by the location tags in some of his own IG posts.

by Anonymousreply 121December 22, 2019 12:12 AM

He has been unusually low-key during this visit to London. Usually he makes multiple IG stories and/or posts showing himself in various places around the city and meeting up with others, but this time he has only made a repost of his friend's IG story mentioned above, plus a couple of brief IG screenshots (a screenshot of a song title, and another of something he was watching on Netflix on Christmas Eve). He has also only once turned up in someone else's social media as far as I could see (the friend's IG story), and hasn't been tagged in any posts by his other friends, or by anyone who may have run into him while he has been in town. Has anyone heard of any recent sightings? I don't know if this means he is being deliberately discreet to avoid people knowing who he is meeting up with, or if he is just gradually growing out of the need to document himself on social media all the time. In past years he usually leaves London to return to NY around about this time, so I guess we will see if he starts posting more once he goes back to NY again.

by Anonymousreply 122December 27, 2019 12:36 AM

To add to my last post, I remembered that he was also quite low-key the week leading up to going to London (as discussed in post 117) so he may just be going through a phase of being disinterested in social media at the moment. Or he could be going through some personal problems and doesn't feel in the mood for either meeting up with many people, or with posting much online. He wasn't really smiling in that selfie his friend posted, which is unusual for him. Hope all is well and that I'm just reading too much into things.

His new Apple show has apparently been filming since September, and given the number of episodes the first season had, I am guessing they will still have at least a couple of months more to complete once things resume in the New Year. Having said that, I don't think his character is one of the leads so his own schedule may be more flexible than that. Last January/February he went to LA for auditions and pilot season, so it wouldn't surprise me if he found time to do that again this January too. He usually sees Landon and Julian whenever he visits LA, so if he does go, there is a good chance he will show up at some point on their IG accounts the way he has done in the past.

by Anonymousreply 123December 27, 2019 12:53 AM

I wonder if Jessica Fenwick is now his beard.

by Anonymousreply 124December 27, 2019 12:55 AM

Thanks again for keeping us in the loop, R122 /R123

by Anonymousreply 125December 27, 2019 1:08 AM

R125, you're welcome!

R124, I really doubt that Jessica would ever beard for him. I remember she actually slightly distanced herself from Finn at times during the Iron Fist period, after the terrible reviews for season one came in, and while the second season was better received, I remember her emphasising in interviews that she would be happy for Colleen and Danny to split and for him to hook up with another character. I think she was aware that it wasn't necessarily beneficial to her own career to play his love interest on screen, so I can't imagine she would ever pretend to be his girlfriend in real life. They are friends, and obviously fond of each other, but even in this photo they weren't actually as close as I thought they were initially: I thought he had his arm around her at first, but actually I think it is Laurence's arm around her instead.

On a different note, I just realised that the overnight flight Finn mentioned must have been from late on Friday through to the early hours of Saturday, and as Laurence's IG shot was taken very late on Saturday night, or in the early hours of Sunday, it is actually much more likely that his expression in the photo is just due to being jet-lagged and exhausted, rather than upset about anything. Glad I was just reading too much into it and that things are likely well.

by Anonymousreply 126December 27, 2019 1:24 AM

[quote]He usually sees Landon and Julian whenever he visits LA, so if he does go, there is a good chance he will show up at some point on their IG accounts the way he has done in the past.

Yeah, he posted some stuff with L & J earlier this year, but not since the Summer, I think.

Julian seems to be in London this week too visiting his family (eg. see the Julian thread).

by Anonymousreply 127December 27, 2019 4:03 AM

After a few quiet days he was active on Instagram again around the 28th, posting two photos, one of himself as a kid and the other of him with his nephew, changing his avatar, and also posting several IG story clips, including one from a plane going along a runway, so he has clearly left London and will be back in New York by now. Last year for New Year's Eve he went on holiday to Jamaica with friends, so it could be that he will leave NY again soon to see in the New Year somewhere else. This is just a guess though, I haven't heard any more recent news.

by Anonymousreply 128December 30, 2019 12:59 AM

[quote]posting two photos, one of himself as a kid and the other of him with his nephew

Yes, Julian left a heart emoticon on the cute photo of Finn & his nephew.

by Anonymousreply 129December 30, 2019 1:38 AM

He was in Mexico over New Year, and according to a friend's IG story which he reposted on his own stories, Bashan was also there, along with several friends who went on the trip to Jamaica this time last year (the friend tagged all their Instagram handles in his story). I think he is probably back in NY now, at the weekend he posted a clip on his stories listing a song he was listening to, along with a comment about Sundays, which gave the impression he was hanging out at home rather than still away on vacation.

by Anonymousreply 130January 6, 2020 11:44 PM

Thanks again for the updates, R130!

by Anonymousreply 131January 7, 2020 12:12 AM

He is definitely in NY at the moment, he has posted a few recent IG story clips playing records in his apartment. According to the other Finn thread he also did a live broadcast on IG earlier, although I wasn't online then so I don't know what was in it. But he used to do a lot of live broadcasts of himself playing music so it may have been something like that.

In other news, he will be at a convention in Chile from 24-26 January. I will check Youtube around then to see if anyone uploads a video of his Q & A session, many of his past convention panels have ended up on there and they are often fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 132January 11, 2020 2:09 AM

At least his new project will generate more interviews and public interaction, for our later analysis.

by Anonymousreply 133January 11, 2020 9:49 AM

He is back working on Dickinson again, he briefly had a post up showing himself in costume on set, along with his stunt double, who was also his double on Iron Fist. He took the post down a while later, probably the show has some kind of restriction, the way many shows have, about material that can be shared on social media during production. Nothing dramatic in the photo, although I wondered about what kind of story on that show would require the use of a stunt double. There was a horse and carriage in the background, so maybe his character gets thrown from the carriage while it's moving or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 134January 18, 2020 11:58 PM

Also he will be DJing at his regular club in Brooklyn again on 5 February.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135January 19, 2020 12:00 AM

Lots of photos of him at the convention in Chile last weekend, if you check which shots he has been tagged in on his Instagram recently. No videos of his Q&A panels have emerged yet, but the opening day press conference he attended and answered a couple of questions at is online; the sound quality is quite poor but I have posted the link below in case anyone wants to check it out anyway. Since then I think he has been travelling around, his manager/friend Laurence posted some photos this week on his IG stories at Easter Island, and while Finn wasn't shown in them directly, there were other signs which made it seem like he was there with him. He also did an IG story clip of a song he was listening to yesterday with the Chile flag in the corner, so I thought that was likely a sign he was still around.

Just before he went to the convention, season two filming of Dickinson wrapped, according to IG posts made by one of the directors on the show, so he is now done with that. As far as I can see, he doesn't have any other projects lined up at the moment, so I would guess that after his Brooklyn club night on Feb 5th, he will probably head to LA to look for work. He has gone to LA in January and/or February almost every year except the two seasons he was filming Iron Fist, and usually heads to a few of the awards season parties while he is there (he went to the Elton John Oscar viewing party in both 2015 and 2019). So with the Oscars much earlier this year (Sunday 9th), I wouldn't be surprised if he is in LA by the end of next week. We will see what happens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 30, 2020 8:23 PM

As usual, thanks for keeping us updated, R136 :).

by Anonymousreply 137January 30, 2020 8:27 PM

R136’s updates are strangely detailed and timely. Finn?? Finn’s manager?

by Anonymousreply 138January 30, 2020 8:28 PM

LOL R138, I am neither, just a fan, although I get why you might wonder. But if I were Finn or his manager, I wouldn't be encouraging gossip about his love life and potential boyfriends, whereas I am always hoping someone will come along to this thread with more stories on this front! Although, again, I am sure there are some actors who like to spread gossip, or try to defuse rumours, about themselves online.

by Anonymousreply 139January 30, 2020 9:25 PM

On that note, if anyone does have any new gossip, please feel free to share. He used to post so much about himself on Instagram and Twitter that there was never a shortage of things to talk about. Now he seems almost secretive, and working out what might be going on involves so much reading between the lines. Has anyone in NY seen him out and about around the city in recent months?

by Anonymousreply 140January 30, 2020 9:50 PM

Do DataLoungers even go to Brooklyn?

by Anonymousreply 141January 31, 2020 12:05 PM

Just checked the Instagrams he has been tagged in recently and another DJ has posted saying they will be filling in for him at the club night tomorrow. Hopefully a good sign if he can't be there, maybe a work opportunity has come up in LA or elsewhere? He loves NY and this club event, which only happens once every couple of months, so there must be something important happening elsewhere if he is skipping it this time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142February 4, 2020 8:58 PM

He is definitely in LA now, he posted a few clips on his Instagram stories yesterday evening, on the hills overlooking the city. In one of them you can also glimpse him carrying a folder with some papers inside (maybe script pages?), so it seems likely he has been called back there for work related reasons. (Screenshot linked below, you can see the side of the folder in the lower right hand corner). Whatever it is, hopefully it will turn out to be a good opportunity for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143February 5, 2020 4:17 PM

New post on his account today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144February 6, 2020 12:05 AM

Could be interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145February 13, 2020 8:18 PM

Thanks R145! This definitely sounds like it has potential to be good. I am guessing this was the reason why he was suddenly called over to LA last week. Glad things worked out and that he has a new project to look forward to.

by Anonymousreply 146February 14, 2020 12:06 AM

The entire premise of Quibi's programming sounds insane to me. 10 minutes or under shows every day? I can understand that format for a sketch show but for a drama like SWIMMING WITH THE SHARKS? It will be incredibly fractured.

by Anonymousreply 147February 14, 2020 12:16 AM

You're welcome, R146! And yes, I thought of that too when I saw this!

by Anonymousreply 148February 14, 2020 12:17 AM

Oh, I had no idea about that, R147! Maybe it can be kind of like Skam in the sense that small clips are released and supported by social media content and then there is a full "episode"? But I'd have to read more about it to see if it is at all similar, I only took a quick look now.

by Anonymousreply 149February 14, 2020 12:23 AM

Re : Quibi How will shows be organized and how often will episodes be released?

Right now, Quibi is dividing its content into three major buckets. Marquee scripted titles, such as Mapleworth Murders (a comedy from SNL writing vet and Wine Country star Paula Pell) are being referred to internally as “lighthouses.” Such projects will run somewhere between two and two-and-a-half hours each season, divided into 12 to 14 daily episodes (or “chapters,” as Quibi calls them.) A new lighthouse will be released, on average, every two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 150February 14, 2020 1:00 AM

Thanks, R150!

by Anonymousreply 151February 14, 2020 1:03 AM

It looks like production on his new show is gearing up. Last Friday (14th) he posted a clip on his Instagram stories saying that the upcoming weekend (15th-16th) would be his last in NY until summer, so it looks like he will be in LA filming the show for at least the next 2-3 months. In the last few days he posted another clip with a graphic showing a journey from NY to California, then yesterday a shot from LA similar to one he posted last time he was there, and also began following the fitness trainer from the LA branch of Soho House, so it looks like he is now there and settling in for a while.

A screenshot from the post from the 14th below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152February 21, 2020 1:17 PM

A screenshot from Wednesday, looks like the day he left NY for LA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153February 21, 2020 1:22 PM

And one more, from yesterday in LA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154February 21, 2020 1:33 PM

Yeah, I think he posted a few days ago that he performed in NYC for the last time until later this year.

So maybe he's off to LA for a few months now.

by Anonymousreply 155February 23, 2020 6:59 AM

He was DJing at a party in LA last night. Screenshot from the IG stories of his friend Ashley below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 23, 2020 1:19 PM

He posted a photo on his stories of himself in costume on set yesterday, so it looks like filming for his new show is now underway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157February 26, 2020 8:46 PM

R157 He looks really good in a suit

by Anonymousreply 158February 26, 2020 8:53 PM

He does!!

by Anonymousreply 159February 26, 2020 9:08 PM

Totally agree R158 and R159! Hope to see more of this from him as filming progresses.

by Anonymousreply 160February 26, 2020 9:10 PM

I noticed that Brandon Flynn has re-followed Finn on Instagram, not sure exactly when but looks like sometime in the last few weeks, and he also liked Finn's most recent post. So whatever the reasons were for Brandon unfollowing last year, as was talked about earlier in the thread, it seems like they are still on good terms.

by Anonymousreply 161February 28, 2020 9:50 PM

Brandon got to high on his horse when he started dating Richard.

by Anonymousreply 162February 28, 2020 10:12 PM

This isn't news, but I was looking at some of his posts from last year and was curious about who the guy in the second and third slides of this post from LA in January 2019 might be. You can't see the guy's face on in either shot, which was interesting, as Finn isn't usually that coy about showing the faces of his friends in his IG posts. The setting also looks to be the same place Finn was staying while he was in LA in early 2019, from what I remember of his IG stories back then, as it had barbecue equipment on the balcony the same as the one shown here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163March 1, 2020 6:49 PM

A screenshot of him from the IG stories of his friend Ashley, who was visiting him today at the place he is staying while in LA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164March 7, 2020 7:15 PM

His new show has halted production due to the coronavirus, provisionally for two weeks, but realistically the hiatus will probably last for much longer than that, given how quickly things are developing. But I think given that social distancing is going to happen, it's better for him that this is taking place while he is in LA rather than NY. The crisis in NY sounds more advanced, and there he has a very small apartment, so he would likely have had to shut himself away for a while if he was still there. Whereas going by the shots he and his friend have posted of his place in LA, the house he is renting there looks bigger, and there is space to go into the garden which he doesn't have in NY. Screenshot below which he posted last weekend, inside his LA place looking out. This weekend he has also posted a shot of himself using disinfecting wipes so hopefully he will continue being cautious while all this is going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165March 15, 2020 4:41 PM

Any new tea on him? Is he still “dating” that black guy that was on all his stories?

by Anonymousreply 166May 3, 2020 4:14 PM

R166, I am not sure what the situation is with him and Bashan, New Year was the most recent time he was in Finn's social media, but I don't think Bashan lives in NY or LA, which are the places Finn has mostly been since then. Since the lockdown began Finn has stayed in LA as far as I can see. Not long after the lockdown began, and the travel ban also kicked in, I did notice that Lilli (the woman mentioned earlier in this thread) suddenly started appearing in a few of his IG stories and in the background of some of his live streams. But like a year ago, when she was on his social media back then, the way he included her felt very strange and performative, like he was trying to make a point, or trying to make someone jealous by showing him with someone else. The first DJ live stream he did in LA, not long after lockdown, you could hear them talking in the background, and the way they talked seemed very much like two people catching up who had not seen each other in a long time, even though he had been in LA (where she lives) for several weeks before lockdown began. So it seemed like he hadn't been bothered about seeing her in a while and only got in touch because he didn't want to quarantine on his own, not because he regards it as a serious relationship. It also felt bizarre that he would choose a live music feed to his followers as the moment to catch up in the background with someone he used to know (especially given people were being discouraged from socialising with people they didn't usually live with, which she clearly did not at that time). As I said, it felt like he was trying to make a point of some kind.

There was some debate earlier in the thread about whether or not he and this woman had hooked up before or were just friends; for what it's worth, I did get the impression that they might be hooking up this time, going by what she was posting in her own IG stories around that time. I also got the impression that they might both be bi, which would fit with what was mentioned about her having posted shots with a girlfriend in the past. But I am also sure that if that if she and Finn are/were getting together during lockdown, it is just a temporary thing: after a few weeks she stopped appearing in his IG, and he no longer seems to want to encourage the impression that he is spending time with anyone while in lockdown. He also did an interview about his DJ collective recently, and mixes he has made long distance, and it was clear he was just as keen on New York as ever, and eager to get back once it was safe to do so, so I can't imagine he will stick around in LA a minute longer than necessary. I don't follow Lilli on IG, I just check her account from time to time, so I don't know what her recent stories suggest about the situation. R11 said earlier in the thread that they were following Lilli so they might be able to shed more light on this. But as I said, even if they are hooking up, I am sure it isn't serious. I have had the impression at times that he might be interested in open relationships, so him having something casual with a woman on the side, while continuing a more serious relationship with a guy (even if long distance right now), would not surprise me. This is just speculation though.

Early on in the lockdown, he seemed to be making a point of documenting himself going out a bit too much, including a road trip to go hiking at one point, which a few people called him out for on his IG. In fairness though, he has cut down on that a lot in the last few weeks, and has posted very little in general, mainly the occasional shot on his stories with the title of songs he has been listening to. In terms of his work, I think his current show had only completed 3-4 weeks of filming at the time production was halted, so whenever filming does resume again, he will still be obliged to stay on in LA until that is done (which would probably be at least another couple of months worth of filming when that time comes).

by Anonymousreply 167May 7, 2020 4:45 PM

Wow very thorough but cool. When lock down are lifted will be interesting to see if he pops back in his feeds. I think they were a very cute couple.

by Anonymousreply 168May 8, 2020 10:23 AM

So various things have happened with Finn in the past few weeks. Back in late May he went on a trip with Julian and Landon and a few other friends to Joshua Tree in California. I think there are a few photos from the trip over in the Julian Morris thread. During that trip he also posted an old photo of himself with a different male friend and a blue heart icon. On another thread there was a bit of speculation that this guy might have been his boyfriend, but after checking out some of the Instagram posts from his NY friends, I found out that the guy in question was a friend who had died recently and that the post was a tribute to him. The guy had a female partner so I think he and Finn were just friends.

After he came back from Joshua Tree he went to one of the Black Lives Matters marches in LA and posted a number of supportive things on his Instagram stories. After that there was a period of no activity for a few days, except for one thing he posted which stood out due to the lack of other posts. It was an image of the cover art to Arcade Fire's We Exist, with a link to listen to it online. He has often posted shots of songs in the past and I wouldn't always read much into it, as it is sometimes just a random selection of what he is listening to at the time. But I thought it was interesting that this wasn't one of a number of songs being posted on his stories that day, but the only thing he posted at all, especially given that it is a song about coming out.

His most recent post on Instagram was last week when he said he had now left California to drive back to New York. That surprised me at first because I had assumed he would stay on in LA even after lockdown in order to finish filming his new show. So the fact that he has felt able to leave LA regardless, suggests to me that he has been told filming on the show is unlikely to resume for quite a long time. NY also began to reopen on Monday 8th so he may have been so keen to return that he started to travel back as soon as possible.

And I think it also implies that whatever was happening with him and Lili, it is not a serious relationship at all. If it was, he could easily have stayed on in LA to spend more time with her. As it is, he would rather take all the time and risks that go with a long journey back to NY than stay in LA near her. He did tag her in his most recent post but only to note that she had taken the photo in question, not to indicate anything else. It felt very much like a way of saying 'thanks for keeping me company in quarantine, here's a shout-out to your Instagram account as a goodbye gift'. It is clear from her own Instagram stories that she has stayed on in LA so she definitely did not go with him. I doubt they will see each other again for a long time.

Something else I noticed was that in early June he began following the private Instagram account of his UK agent Sarah. She has represented him for several years, since his Game of Thrones days, but it is only now that he has begun to follow her. That suggested to me that he is considering looking for acting work in the UK again. This, combined with the fact that he left LA even though Swimming with Sharks hasn't yet finished filming, makes me wonder if that project might be put on long term hold, or even cancelled altogether, which would explain his need to seek work elsewhere.

The pandemic might have also made him realise how much he misses his family and friends from home, and that if he wants to spend more time with them in the near future it would make more sense for him to travel to the UK, even with the 14 day quarantine that is being introduced, than for them to go to the US. And if he does want to be in the UK for a longer period in future, it would also make sense to get some acting work there so he can support himself financially. We will see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 169June 18, 2020 8:32 PM

Thank you as always for keeping track of all this and sharing it!

by Anonymousreply 170June 18, 2020 9:49 PM

You're welcome R170!

I had a look today at recent Instagram posts he had been tagged in, and found one showing he has been away with a group of his NY friends at a lodge in upstate New York in the past few days, so I am glad to see he made it back to the East Coast safely after driving all the from LA. Link to the post below, there is a photo of him on the eighth slide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171June 20, 2020 1:02 PM

He made a post on his Instagram story yesterday to mark Pride. Link to a screenshot is posted below. He wrote on it: "let's all lift each other up, celebrate and feel proud to be who we are. happy pride everyone."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172June 29, 2020 5:23 PM

Cryptic coming out?

by Anonymousreply 173June 30, 2020 12:58 PM

R173, it seems like he might be laying the foundations for it. While he usually posts something on Instagram each year to mark Pride, either on the grid or in his stories, in the past it has generally been variations of a photo of the flag, with some emojis and the word Pride, but without him adding any other statements. This is the first time he has added a comment using language which implies he is including himself in it, especially when he mentions "who we are."

by Anonymousreply 174June 30, 2020 7:39 PM

R173 If it’s cryptic, it’s not a coming out. He does seem to be moving into the glass closet though, which is something.

by Anonymousreply 175June 30, 2020 9:07 PM

Looking at where he has been during different stages of the pandemic, through a mixture of luck and good judgement he has managed to avoid the worst of the situation so far. Thanks to accepting the role in the Quibi show, it meant he had already left New York for LA a few weeks before cases began to increase in NY. Then when NY began to reopen in early June, he took the first opportunity to leave LA and head back to NY, which meant that he got out of California before cases there began to spike, while the situation in NY was now much more under control by the time he returned. He has been pretty low profile since he got back, he has done a few Instagram live DJ sessions on his account, and a couple of collective sessions elsewhere with other collaborators, but there hasn't been much else to report. He seems to be good about wearing a face covering whenever he's out in public around others, so hopefully he is continuing to be careful.

by Anonymousreply 176August 18, 2020 7:31 PM

Thanks, R176!

by Anonymousreply 177August 18, 2020 9:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!