Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cast Vivian Vance in The Golden Girls

Which role would she have played best?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 2, 2019 11:48 AM

She could have been a good Rose. Then again I can't stand Betty White and I have never understood this overrated bitch's appeal or popularity, so even a coat rack would have made a better Rose for me than the horrible Betty White.

by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2019 9:32 AM

r1 = Bea Arthur

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2019 9:36 AM

She would have been a hilarious Blanche.

by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2019 11:17 AM

I think she would have made a good Dorothy. Viv could pull off the dry and bitchy act when she was pissed at Lucy or Fred.

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2019 11:42 AM

Given that she had been dead for several years before "The Golden Girls" began, the only role she could have played was Celia Rubinstein.

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2019 2:32 PM

I voted Blanche but now I think she'd have been the perfect Dorothy

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2019 8:03 PM

I agree, R6. She played Ethel with an occasional bitchy side that could have worked well for Dorothy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 2, 2019 2:52 AM

Would Vivian have been a more convincing Italian American than Bea Arthur? Arthur and Estelle Getty were both completely unbelievable as Italian Catholics. Why didn't the writers just make them a Jewish family instead?

by Anonymousreply 8August 2, 2019 6:46 AM

Maybe to appeal to middle America, r8?

I think Viv would have made a convincing Italian. She had a certain earthiness about her.

by Anonymousreply 9August 2, 2019 11:14 AM

This is truly the most Datalounge-esque thread of all.

by Anonymousreply 10August 2, 2019 11:17 AM

My neighbor's son Joel enjoys dressing like Vivian Vance on the weekends

by Anonymousreply 11August 2, 2019 11:26 AM

Pics or it didn't happen, r11.

by Anonymousreply 12August 2, 2019 11:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!