Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Toaster ovens - your thoughts?

My oven needs to be cleaned but this is a lease so fat chance of that happening. I'm tired of everything I make in it smoking/stinking up the whole house for days and causing my kitty and me to cough. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good toaster oven? I want something that is almost as fast as a microwave, as I am very impatient and important.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 30, 2019 5:35 PM

You're not responsible for cleaning your own oven? ...strange.

by Anonymousreply 1July 30, 2019 3:10 PM

Just clean your damn oven yourself.

by Anonymousreply 2July 30, 2019 3:13 PM

How fucking old is the oven that it's not self cleaning?

by Anonymousreply 3July 30, 2019 3:16 PM

I've been happy with Wirecutter's product recommendations. Here's what they have to say about toaster ovens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 30, 2019 3:17 PM

Easy-off is the best stuff.

Not only does it quickly and easily remove cooking stains on the oven, but you can use it on pots and pans as well.

Take 15 minutes out of your life and do it yourself, lazy ass.

by Anonymousreply 5July 30, 2019 3:18 PM

OP if you are talking about a true toaster oven and not an oven oven, Im not sure why it would need deep cleaning as they generally don't get nearly as soiled as an oven.

I have one of the cheapo toaster ovens from Black and Decker and it has lasted me for years. I cook everything in that bitch. The key is to get one with a slide out crumb tray and to wrap and cover everything in foil when you cook it so it doesn't make a mess.

by Anonymousreply 6July 30, 2019 3:22 PM

Yes, by all means OP, do clean your oven. You remind me of a helpless straight bachelor I know. You want fast? The Cuisinart Convection model in the article works great. No pre-heating required.

by Anonymousreply 7July 30, 2019 3:23 PM

^ this. I have an old Black and Decker that works like a charm. Even has a toaster option!!! If you're making something small it's perfect. No need to warm up the large oven for something small.

Also look around for some great hard recipes the folks at DL are trying to crack such as Kraft cheese and cereal.

by Anonymousreply 8July 30, 2019 3:24 PM

Toaster ovens are awesome. If you're single, it's a fast and more green way to cook something. When you have a dinner party, it's great to have a 2nd oven for other courses.

Most are inexpensive - I would go with a larger one. You'll find the smaller ones don't save that much space and you'll be highly restricted in how you can use the oven.

by Anonymousreply 9July 30, 2019 3:26 PM

I had a terrific one that finally gave up the ghost a few years back. The best one I could find I'm not thrilled with as it has two tray slots, down on the bottom or near the top, rather than one slot in the middle which I found far preferable.

I find no need to fire up the oven as a single person.

by Anonymousreply 10July 30, 2019 3:31 PM

I have no suggestions (clean your oven you stupid bint!) But I Would love to know if the toaster oven in OP's picture is available anywhere.....

by Anonymousreply 11July 30, 2019 3:34 PM

I have a Breville and love it!

by Anonymousreply 12July 30, 2019 3:37 PM

Toaster ovens are great right now in the summer when you dont want the large oven making the house even hotter. Saves money.

I lived in my last apartment for almost five years and cleaned the oven ONCE when I moved out. As a single person I only used it to cook a handful of times. Everything else gets thrown in the toaster oven.

by Anonymousreply 13July 30, 2019 3:40 PM

Does OP neglect his toilet/bathroom as he does his oven?

Clean that shit, you lazy bitch, even if you don't own it. You use it, you clean it.

by Anonymousreply 14July 30, 2019 3:41 PM

It depends on what you want to cook. If you want to bake in the oven or make something where keeping the temperature stable is crucial, then you need one of the more expensive countertop ovens, like the Breville listed in the wirecutter article above. If all you want to do is reheat leftovers or cook frozen chicken strips, then go for something cheaper.

Either way, clean your damn oven. It's just not that difficult.

by Anonymousreply 15July 30, 2019 3:51 PM

Is not cleaning your oven worth forfeiting your security deposit when you leave your apartment, OP?

Take a can of Easy Off, spray top, bottom, sides and inside door, let sit a while, wipe out with paper towels. 10 minute job. You might have to do it twice if it's that filthy.

by Anonymousreply 16July 30, 2019 3:56 PM

OP could also stop being a cheap-ass bitch and hire a cleaning lady.

by Anonymousreply 17July 30, 2019 3:59 PM

Also bought a Breville last year and I love it. VERY easy to clean.

by Anonymousreply 18July 30, 2019 4:02 PM

Divine always used her "own little oven".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 30, 2019 4:04 PM

R17 cleaning ladies don't clean ovens, they always say "I can't clean it, it's a self-cleaning oven!"

Who wants to turn on the self cleaning feature, heat up their whole house and stink it up with weird smells for days? Gross.

by Anonymousreply 20July 30, 2019 4:30 PM

Obviously this is the Toaster Oven of choice in the community, get yours by signing up new gays!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 30, 2019 4:31 PM

[quote]Take a can of Easy Off, spray top, bottom, sides and inside door, let sit a while, wipe out with paper towels. 10 minute job.

It has never taken me as little as 10 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 22July 30, 2019 5:01 PM

^^^ The spraying itself is a ten minute job!

by Anonymousreply 23July 30, 2019 5:22 PM

I have a cheapo toaster oven from Target ($19.99) that's been kicking ass and taking names for years.

by Anonymousreply 24July 30, 2019 5:27 PM

My thoughts are none of your business, you slovenly meatbag.

by Anonymousreply 25July 30, 2019 5:29 PM

r22 and r23, you're joking, right?

by Anonymousreply 26July 30, 2019 5:33 PM

Oster is my toaster oven. Convection. Good value.

by Anonymousreply 27July 30, 2019 5:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!