Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Just Won Re-Election.....

Supreme Court gives him the Border Wall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 27, 2019 7:53 PM

That was his number one promise and now he can gloat.

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2019 11:09 PM

So? Doesn't mean people will vote for him in greater numbers. This is a bad take.

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2019 11:10 PM

2.5 billion won't build the wall.

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2019 11:11 PM

Just $2.5 billion? I doubt that will get him even 20% of the wall.

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2019 11:12 PM

Please. They didn’t “give him” the border wall. They allowed some funds from Pentagon. The wall will never be built. There’s a little thing called eminent domain.

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2019 11:12 PM

All those goddamned Texas Republicans will scream to high heaven when Trump comes after their land. Scream to high heaven and lawyer up.

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2019 11:14 PM

I'll bet "his generals" just love him now. I'd love nothing more than to see a military coup happen in this country right now.

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2019 11:15 PM

Oh, dear!!! 250 miles of my ass!!!

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2019 11:16 PM

$2.5 billion would scarcely be enough to build a wall around Sarah Huckabee....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2019 11:19 PM

The Cato Institute estimates that a border wall will cost about 60 billion. Just an iron frame would cost about 6 billion.

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2019 11:23 PM

[quote] That was his number one promise and now he can gloat.

This was not remotely close to his promise. His promise, that he repeated hundreds of times, was that Mexico would pay for it. Not US taxpayers

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2019 11:24 PM

2.5 billion dollars is it???

My sides. Can't breathe. Sides hurt.

Reelection? He just stole money from the Pentagon. He better not campaign in Dallas......

by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2019 11:27 PM

[quote] Just an iron frame would cost about 6 billion.

Maybe Trump can sunbathe along the banks of the Rio Grande... He's becoming obese enough to act as a human wall.

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2019 11:28 PM

OP is obviously some Russian troll. If anything, the Supreme Court just glavanised all reasonable people to vote and vote Trump out for this gross misallocation of federal funding. And they’ve also ensured their own dilution because any Democratic presidential primary candidate had better start talking about how they’re going to pack the court with more justices - using every barely legal manoeuvre on the books. The gloves are off. Impeachment proceedings had better start upon return from recess - to air all of Trump’s dirty laundry in pubic. Not all witnesses are like Mueller. And the media will cover those proceedings breathlessly.

And what’s going to happen when Trump starts a war and has to go back to Congress to ask for more money for the DOD? Fuck him. He can start a Go Fund Me page for that 2.5B theft.

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2019 11:28 PM

He won the re-election the minute the Democratic candidates started competing against each other to see who spoke the best Spanish and who would give more benefits to immigrants.

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2019 11:29 PM

R15 is a closet Republican.

by Anonymousreply 16July 26, 2019 11:30 PM

R16 there's nothing closet about. He's just another Trumper. Not worth engaging. Trump is their god. They will never see reason when it comes to him

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2019 11:31 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2019 11:32 PM

I mean security is nice and all but a New Deal plan for the root economic issues would do more to tackle the economic migration.

by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2019 11:34 PM

R15 lives in a silly world where there is only Left and Right, Democrat and Republican.

He forgets that 100 million people didn't bother to vote at all in the last election because both candidates were so goddamned fucking pitiful that almost half the eligible voters in the country didn't even bother. It's not a zero sum game, with people moving back and forth between the Democratic Party and the GOP. There are 100 million people who can be reached and who can be motivated.

Maybe the Supreme Court helped with that effort.

by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2019 11:35 PM

I think it’s important to remember that probably 70% of the MAGA trolling on Twitter has to be Russian troll farms. There aren’t people who are really that stupid, are there? Talking about arresting Hillary Clinton AND Obama? For what? Thanking him like he’s Jesus Christ? Are these people for real?

I think it’s Russian trolling to sow division.

by Anonymousreply 21July 26, 2019 11:36 PM

FF OP

by Anonymousreply 22July 26, 2019 11:38 PM

Am I wrong to think that Russians were kind for at least trying to do communism?

Communism has some nice intentions at getting everyone out of poverty.

by Anonymousreply 23July 26, 2019 11:38 PM

R21 of course OP is a TrollBot. Do you ever notice how quickly their Troll Posts gain rapid WWs compared to normal threads?

by Anonymousreply 24July 26, 2019 11:39 PM

[quote] There aren’t people who are really that stupid, are there?

It's not that they're stupid, just brainwashed. Older folks have Fox News all day telling them exactly what to think. And younger conservatives have Ben Shapiro who does the same thing, tells you every opinion you're allowed to have. Their followers willingly give up any sense of self agency or critical thinking. They like being told what to do. It's also why some of them find Trump's fascism comforting. They never have to have another thought again, just do what they're told.

by Anonymousreply 25July 26, 2019 11:39 PM

Ya the trolls keep multiple accounts and WW themselves to try and counter the huge numbers of FFs they get. Such a pathetic way to live your life

by Anonymousreply 26July 26, 2019 11:40 PM

Should we stop using this thread?

by Anonymousreply 27July 26, 2019 11:41 PM

"So? Doesn't mean people will vote for him in greater numbers."

Seriously? There is optimism and then there is the abyss and you just fell into it.

by Anonymousreply 28July 26, 2019 11:42 PM

Where are the "patriotic" Republicans in all of these? He took money out of the military's mouth for a vanity project, and they say nothing.

But let some black athlete kneel at a sports game, and it's a crime to humanity.

by Anonymousreply 29July 26, 2019 11:45 PM

OP = Truth. (And what was Beto's border security policy....?)

by Anonymousreply 30July 26, 2019 11:46 PM

The SC probably gave him this $2.5 million just to shut him up and make him quit bothering them.

by Anonymousreply 31July 26, 2019 11:48 PM

[quote]Just $2.5 billion? I doubt that will get him even 20% of the wall.

If this story is any indication, it won't even buy three miles of wall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 26, 2019 11:48 PM

Trump knows its not enough to build the wall. This fight was never about building the wall. He just needed SOMETHING for his idiot followers like OP to slobber over so they would continue to worship him without question. And it worked on the intended audience. But no one who wasn't already supporting Trump is stupid enough to think this money changes anything.

by Anonymousreply 33July 26, 2019 11:51 PM

Next, Trump WILL overturn Obamacare. And the TrumpWall will last forever....

by Anonymousreply 34July 26, 2019 11:54 PM

All those #MAGATS are going to vote for him anyway. I don’t see how this gets him one vote more.

Reasonable people, who have no interest in licking Trump’s scrotum or sticking their pointy tongues up Trump’s shit-encrusted anus, will see this exactly for what iit is - a gross misappropriation of federal tax dollars diverted away from our military for some never-gonna-happen pipe dream. I’ll bet even right now Trump is shitting himself realising now he’s actually going to have to deliver something. And once he starts he’ll have to keep going back to Congress for more money to continue it. It’ll never happen and the House has better start accounting for every penny requested and allocated. Going forward bills will read that any unused funds must be returned to the U.S. Treasury. It’s a tiny victory of sorts but he really just fucked himself good.

by Anonymousreply 35July 26, 2019 11:54 PM

I love MAGATS, it describes them so perfectly

by Anonymousreply 36July 26, 2019 11:55 PM

R35: Exactly my point. R28 is too retarded to see it though.

by Anonymousreply 37July 26, 2019 11:55 PM

[quote]OP is obviously some Russian troll.

Nope complete opposite. I'm a NY'er who has known about this creature for decades. I'm just tired.

by Anonymousreply 38July 27, 2019 2:21 AM

The same posters who call for shutting down OP and R15 are the very same ones who wanted to shut down anyone who expressed concern that Hillary might lose in 2016. In fact, I wonder if they are actually Trumpsters.

by Anonymousreply 39July 27, 2019 2:36 AM

The US-Mex border is 1,954 miles long. Latest OMB estimated cost per mile is $25 million and that doesn’t include the proverbial cost overruns. This transfer of $2.5 billion will build 100 miles or 5% of the border length. I feel safer already knowing the hordes of caravans of murderers and rapists will be stopped at the 100-mile wall, assuming it gets built next year. Thanks Mexico!0

by Anonymousreply 40July 27, 2019 2:55 AM

[quote]of course OP is a TrollBot. Do you ever notice how quickly their Troll Posts gain rapid WWs compared to normal threads?

Not a trollbot all, I'm a NY'er who has known about this soulless creature for decades. I've seen him shuffling to his limo surrounded by his goons because he knew more people wanted to punch him in his face than shake his hand. I'm just tired of him just doing what he wants with impunity. How many people has he hurt in his life, bankrupting vendors he chose not to pay, how many women has he attacked with no consequences? So of course he gets his wall and his Deplorables will cheer. No I'm not a troll, I'm just tired.

by Anonymousreply 41July 27, 2019 3:54 AM

[quote] So of course he gets his wall

R41, except he didn't get his wall. He didn't even get enough funding for a small fraction of the wall.

by Anonymousreply 42July 27, 2019 3:57 AM

His 2 Supreme Court appointees are coming through for him.

by Anonymousreply 43July 27, 2019 3:59 AM

The really ridiculous thing about this ruling is that it looks like they didn’t even decide on the issue of superseding Congress’ power of the purse but rather decided that the parties that brought the suit didn’t have standing to do so. Which is pretty lame because I think anyone who pays federal taxes would have standing but also because - and you can bet this will happen on Monday morning - another party could bring the same suit again because their decision doesn’t establish WHO would actually have standing in this case. It’s another run-around by his buddies on the court. It has not affirmed his right to do so - especially since in his defence they still claim the wall is being built to stop the flow of illegal narcotics over the border, which everybody knows is not how illegal drugs enter the country anyway However much if may be a small victory for Trump, it’s a BIG loss for the court.

I look forward to another suit being filed against this action.

by Anonymousreply 44July 27, 2019 4:28 AM

[quote] I'd love nothing more than to see a military coup happen in this country right now.

I'm sure you would Mr Putin.

by Anonymousreply 45July 27, 2019 4:44 AM

It was just a dumb campaign promise the Repugs had to scramble around and make happen (still working on Trumpcare). Hugely expensive; ineffectual... and who will pick the produce?

by Anonymousreply 46July 27, 2019 5:02 AM

He'll have to get through all the lawsuits from the eminent domain lawyers hired by the Cards Against Humanity company that bought a huge tract of land right in the middle of where the asshole wants to build the wall.

by Anonymousreply 47July 27, 2019 5:21 AM

R47, I love that.

I'm going to go and buy five more decks of Cards Against Humanity cards now.

by Anonymousreply 48July 27, 2019 5:25 AM

There's nothing to stop a "border" wall from being built around problematic properties. That's what will happen, especially going around bad terrain and environmentally sensitive land. People have been mistaken thinking that the wall will be built exactly on the border.

by Anonymousreply 49July 27, 2019 5:27 AM

R49, this isn't "There Will Be Blood." Trump is not going to take his straw and drink milkshakes around people's properties. That paltry $2.5 billion isn't enough to create an iron skeleton of a fence for 1,954 miles of border -- much less be able to accomplish that before 2020.

by Anonymousreply 50July 27, 2019 5:32 AM

You seem to somehow think Eminent Domain is a magic bullet. Eminent domain is long established law. It only requires the property owner be compensated and that value is the only pertinent issue in any legal proceeding.

My very first work out of law school was running land titles on property to be taken for road expansion. If some group has taken large tracts that simplifies the task for the government since they deal with only the one owner. Someone there was running a scam to get contributions.

by Anonymousreply 51July 27, 2019 5:33 AM

Tied up in litigation until FOREVER. Trump could not care less. He just needs these tidbits to feed his braindead cultists.

by Anonymousreply 52July 27, 2019 5:36 AM

Actually, this is a procedural/technical punt, not a decision on the merits. As noted above, the Justices signaled that in this particular case, they are going to rule that people suing do not have the right to sue under this particular legal theory. Therefore, it is inappropriate to continue the stay. That doesn’t mean they will uphold Trump’s action in a case properly brought.

As Justice Breyer wrote, “This case raises novel and important questions about the ability of private parties to enforce Congress’s appropriations power.”

The House itself also sued to block the spending, but lost at the district level in what seems to me a weak decision that was also based on standing. Logically, the Court’s expected ruling against the ACLU contradicts the ruling in the House’s case. We’ll have to see what happens to that case on appeal.

by Anonymousreply 53July 27, 2019 5:47 AM

If it came to it, an overthrow of Trump’s government would be easy given his alienation of the military and intelligence services. And federal employees. Those old GOP goats in the Senate wouldn’t be able to help him then.

by Anonymousreply 54July 27, 2019 5:55 AM

[quote]except he didn't get his wall. He didn't even get enough funding for a small fraction of the wall.

Do you not get how it works? The MSM reports the Supreme Court handed him his wall, see the headline "Supreme Court Says Trump Can Use Defense Funds For Border Wall" he lies as usual to his Deplorables, they believe the wall is built, don't care Mexico is not paying and he wins. They hear Mueller say he's crook and can be indicted after leaving and he spins as vindication and they cheer. Get it? Reality doesn't matter to these people.

by Anonymousreply 55July 27, 2019 3:51 PM

[quote] There are 100 million people who can be reached and who can be motivated.

The same people didn't vote in 2012, 2008, 2004, 2000.... Some people just don't vote.

by Anonymousreply 56July 27, 2019 7:34 PM

No wall will ever get built. It was all talk. Everyone has moved on

by Anonymousreply 57July 27, 2019 7:49 PM

His campaign promise was that Mexico was going to pay for it. Last time I checked DOD isn't Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 58July 27, 2019 7:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!