Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Seinfeld is a dick

Watching Comedians in his Car Collection Jerking Each Other Off on Netflix and I'm reminded of what a smug asshole he is. He went off on a comedian and just tore him up in a very dark way, showing his true colors. He's holding on to a grudge from 1990 something when Bobcat Goldwaite called him out for dating a teenager and being a Scientologist.

Then I'm reminded of the time his shitty wife completely ripped off another woman's recipe book about hiding vegetables in kids foods and Jerry harassed the shit out of her legally and on Letterman.

And now I'm watching the episode with Chris Rock and they get pulled over by the cops he laughs at and is ultimately annoyed by Chris' very real fear. In short, he's just dickhead with some serious mental issues.

by Anonymousreply 230December 12, 2019 6:40 PM

Always been a rich jerk. Can't stand him.

by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2019 4:30 AM

Has there ever been a stand-up comedian who became massively successful who wasn't hateful?

by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2019 4:32 AM

Bob Newhart maybe?

by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2019 4:33 AM

You need to cultivate a sense of humor, OP.

Otherwise, you'll never survive.

by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2019 4:35 AM

He was a jerk before he became rich.

by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2019 4:37 AM

Although he is unloved on Datalounge, Chris Rock is still one of the funniest men ever. Brilliant when he was a young fighter of a comic. He became a big jerk too - but only to the ladies.

by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2019 4:40 AM

I always thought he was gay until he started dating that young girl (and then got married).

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2019 4:42 AM

Most of the comedians seem to visibly dislike him, the more they know him the more they rag on him. And it doesn't seem to come from a place of love.

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2019 4:43 AM

It's difficult to rip off recipes in terms of intellectual property. You basically have to copy the recipes word-for-word for the other chef to have any kind of legal case.

It sucks to be that other woman, but a recipe book written by a minor celebrity will always do better than one by a total no-name.

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2019 4:45 AM

In the Bill Maher episode, he and Maher talk about how they used to joke about becoming a comedy duo called, "Smug and arrogant." His smugness it part of comedy persona. Having said that, for me, the best part of the show is the cars. Some of the conversations are interesting and some are not. He and Alec Baldwin have great chemistry. Baldwin talks about longing to be a musical conductor. Seinfeld responded by telling Baldwin that he had a gayness that periodically shines through. Which was funny because its so true. There's a flaming queen that periodically peaks out of Baldwin. Seinfeld loves Margaret Cho and Eddie Murphy. Those two episodes are really good.

by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2019 4:48 AM

I've never liked him and haven't seen a single episode of his show.

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2019 4:49 AM

Yes, I hated how mean Seinfeld was to Dana Carvey. Carvey’s not really my kind of humor, but he seems like a warm, gentle guy. Seinfeld totally bullied him.

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2019 4:50 AM

He's always been a smug asshole.

Wasn't he fired from Benson? I mean, how do you get fired from Benson???

by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2019 4:57 AM

She did r9, she ripped the recipes off verbatim and the ones she made any minor changes to became failures. There was a whole article about this bitch which seems to have mysteriously disappeared. She's a cooze and so is he. Their kids will probably be psychopaths.

by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2019 4:57 AM

He is a dick, but I have to admit he's aged well and looks great for 65. I watched some episodes this week on a huge hi-def tv, and he doesn't have nearly the wrinkles some of the other guests have. He doesn't look augmented, either.

I guess if I was that rich, I'd look great at 65, too.

by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2019 5:08 AM

Jerry has a sexy lil ASS in reruns.

by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2019 5:11 AM

He looked like a fetus until he was 40 so of course he looks great at 65.

by Anonymousreply 17July 25, 2019 5:12 AM

I grew up in the 90's and used to love his show. I've seen every episode multiple times (because it was in reruns for years). Now I look back and can't believe I used to love that stupid shit. It is so dated now and Seinfeld really is not funny at all.

by Anonymousreply 18July 25, 2019 5:16 AM

Imagine if an adult male celebrity today was dating a high schooler like he did back in the '90s. So gross and creepy. The vast majority of comedians seem like deeply fucked up people.

by Anonymousreply 19July 25, 2019 5:16 AM

He's unfuckable and always has been. His eyes are too close together.

by Anonymousreply 20July 25, 2019 5:16 AM

His eyes and ASS don't have to meet. I would fuck 1995 Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 21July 25, 2019 5:18 AM

Honey, you just go right ahead and [italic]do[/italic] that if that's what tickles your pickle. I sure as hell won't get in your way.

by Anonymousreply 22July 25, 2019 5:20 AM

I never would have guessed that Jerry Seinfeld would go bald.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 25, 2019 5:22 AM

He's worth almost a billion dollars. That'll fuck with a guy.

by Anonymousreply 24July 25, 2019 5:23 AM

He's homophobic like someone who is well acquainted with dicks other than his own.

by Anonymousreply 25July 25, 2019 5:29 AM

I've never thought he was funny. Even his peers on his sitcom were more entertaining and memorable.

by Anonymousreply 26July 25, 2019 5:41 AM

I've never thought he was funny. Even his peers on his sitcom were more entertaining and memorable.

by Anonymousreply 27July 25, 2019 5:41 AM

Any doubt he'd be a long-forgotten 80's standup if not for that sitcom? He was a terrible actor.

by Anonymousreply 28July 25, 2019 6:19 AM

And, HEY, OP - HOW, is this NEWS?!

by Anonymousreply 29July 25, 2019 6:37 AM

Saw him in concert, Jay Leno was funnier. Jerry got lucky when he hooked up with Larry David.

by Anonymousreply 30July 25, 2019 7:18 AM

I suspect there are many famous people who are as unpleasant and arrogant as he is. I remember one day he said "sometimes I look at my family and think 'In 65 years we're all gonna be dead, so what does anything matter?'" That is such a dark, unpleasant way of looking at things.

Anyway, I think many famous people are like him, it's just that he doesn't bother trying to hide it. Imagine having an unlimited supply of money. He can do anything in the world he wants. I assume that would make ME very happy, but maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 31July 25, 2019 7:28 AM

He has an episode with Tina Fey where she obliterates him by pretending to know so little about him that she doesn't even realize he's Jewish. Asks him what he does for Christmas and he seems irritated amd hurt when he says, "I'm Jewish" and she just kind of nods.

by Anonymousreply 32July 25, 2019 8:45 AM

The real cook (sorry, can't remember her name) had first submitted the book to the publisher who wound up publishing Mrs. Seinfeld's cookbook. I felt bad for the cook, who had spent years developing her recipes.

by Anonymousreply 33July 25, 2019 8:56 AM

Jerry is very self-loathing. I interviewed him back the height of Seinfeld I was surprised but how much he hated himself and how clinically depressed he seemed. Fast forward to meeting his media horror money-grubbing wife and it's a marriage made in hell. I always smile when people say they have a successful marriage. It's a total folie a deux.

Oh and Jessica is the one who came up with the cars show idea after seeing the concept in the UK. That girl doesn't have an original thought to save herself. She's never come up with a recipe herself. Ever. Some woman whose first name is Sara is the true author of Jessica's books.

by Anonymousreply 34July 25, 2019 10:00 AM

R34 here. One other thing. Jessica's charity, and I use the term loosely, is as plagiaristic is everything else in her life. They take credit for what other charities do. For example, they redistribute other charities collections and count them has their own. And early on, Jessica was counting every baby wipe as a separate donation. I kid you not. Someone did the math and didn't article about it which was pretty funny. Now Jessica's charity is all about making people jump through hoops to get things for their children. It's the worst of being a white savior while just being a person who uses vulnerable folks as a way to whitewash your own horrible personality.

Go over to her social media sometime and see how insecure she is just like her husband. They really are a perfect match in hell. Interesting their oldest and youngest child are really nice people. Their middle child is smug just like Jerry.

by Anonymousreply 35July 25, 2019 10:04 AM

I forgot that Jessica dumped her first husband 3 weeks into the marriage to be with Jerry. Says everything about the two of them, really.

by Anonymousreply 36July 25, 2019 12:24 PM

Their friendship with Gwyneth Paltrow says more.

by Anonymousreply 37July 25, 2019 1:06 PM

Here are Howard Stern and Janis Ian singing "Jerry's Girl is 17".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 25, 2019 1:17 PM

Exactly R30. Seinfeld was funny precisely because of Larry David's sense of humor. Watching Curb Your Enthusiasm made me realize Larry David was the comedic brains behind Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 39July 25, 2019 1:35 PM

Jerry is probably on the spectrum. He laughs off his fussiness and socially awkward tendencies but they probably drive him crazy behind the scenes.

I'd be interested to see him interact with this kids when the cameras aren't around. I would guess that he is highly critical and standoffish but I may be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 40July 25, 2019 2:06 PM

[quote]Oh and Jessica is the one who came up with the cars show idea after seeing the concept in the UK.

That's funny, as Jerry's promo for this season is all about how other shows stole the idea from him.

by Anonymousreply 41July 25, 2019 2:48 PM

I saw a clip on Twitter of him with Ricky Gervais in a Rolls.

Jerry is being very smug about what a great comedian he is and how he never laughs at lesser comics' bad jokes (because it leads them to think they are on the same level as he).

Ricky says he always laughs uproariously at lesser comics' bad jokes.

Jerry tells a bad joke.

Ricky laughs uproariously.

by Anonymousreply 42July 25, 2019 2:52 PM

Ricky also called him out for what an absolute sociopath he is when he purposely scares the shit out of him driving a rickety old British "deathtrap" of a sports car down the highway. And he's right, that's a fucked up thing to do to someone.

by Anonymousreply 43July 25, 2019 2:57 PM

Team Bobcat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 25, 2019 3:02 PM

I once saw a video of a performance of his from 1985. He wasn't funny AT ALL. It made me realize Larry David must have written most if not all of the episodes of Seinfeld. NOT Jerry Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 45July 25, 2019 3:07 PM

Maybe he's seemingly unpleasant because he probably knows a lot of stuff the average viewer has no knowledge of. Things that would make you understand why he has the attitude he has. Show business is cutthroat and full of pathological jealousy and envy between performers, and the bigger you are the worse it is.

by Anonymousreply 46July 25, 2019 3:15 PM

Jerry Seinfeld was successful at standup, but his jokes were of the "ever notice how you wind up with single socks after you wash them? Where do their partners go, anyway?" variety. In other words, he was more like Andy Rooney than Lenny Bruce.

He should thank God every day that Larry David and the supporting cast of Seinfeld were born. They were the reason for the sitcom's success.

by Anonymousreply 47July 25, 2019 3:41 PM

I've been watching Cars/Coffee since it came to Netflix and I agree, he seems really arrogant and bullies some of his "guests." Some of them actively seem to dislike him and he also seems to enjoy making his guests uncomfortable or pointing out if they're nervous or if they've had recent foibles. His "we're rich we can do anything" in the latest Gervais episode was quite disgusting, to me. Ricky seemed very offput by him this time.

by Anonymousreply 48July 25, 2019 3:48 PM

Seinfeld is like Leno in that he worked constantly, performing anywhere and everywhere. I read a GQ interview with him decades ago where he said that through most of the late 70s to mid 80s he was working 52 weeks a year.

When other people would give up and walk away Seinfeld kept going on stage. He's only famous because people knew who he was.

R47 I saw a clip of him from 1981 and he told the exact same jokes six years later on The Tonight Show with Carson. He latched onto a set of jokes and told them for years. Thank God the internet wasn't around back then or people would have become bored with him quickly.

by Anonymousreply 49July 25, 2019 3:51 PM

Jerry Seinfeld is a very wealthy man so he is entitled to treat others as he sees fit. In my mind he’s a God and has provided me with years of entertainment. As far as I’m concerned he can kill someone in cold blood and i’d still be a fan.

by Anonymousreply 50July 25, 2019 3:54 PM

[quote]As far as I’m concerned he can kill someone in cold blood and i’d still be a fan.

He killed my career.

by Anonymousreply 51July 25, 2019 3:55 PM

Thanks for chiming in, deplorable at R50. Don't you think you should be doing something NASCAR-related or eating a fried baloney sandwich or something?

by Anonymousreply 52July 25, 2019 4:04 PM

R50 I don’t like Seinfeld, but if he killed you in cold blood I’d be a fan.

by Anonymousreply 53July 25, 2019 4:06 PM

The only Comedian with Cars episode that I've seen was the one with JLD because I figured they'd have SOME chemistry. There's something unfunny about two extremely rich comedians candidly talking to one another. Which episodes do you guys think are the most uncomfortable to watch due to Seinfeld's dickdom?

by Anonymousreply 54July 25, 2019 4:18 PM

What a weird thing to say, R50. It's almost like Jerry has google alerts turned on about himself. It's odd that when guests talk about googling themselves, he's utterly silent, yet can quote obscure internet articles when the topic is him. He also seems to hate spending time with his kids. He literally cannot play a board game with them, which is one of the easiest increments of parent time. You're not forced to pretend, the kids are engaged yet not painfully retelling the entire plot of a movie for the 10th time. You can literally just lay on the floor and preform the task hungover if need be.

by Anonymousreply 55July 25, 2019 4:19 PM

[quote] I forgot that Jessica dumped her first husband 3 weeks into the marriage to be with Jerry. Says everything about the two of them, really.

I don't really like her but Eric Nederlander who she dumped for Jerry has never sounded like a real picnic either. He had a widely publicized nasty divorce with the woman he married after Jessica.

by Anonymousreply 56July 25, 2019 4:22 PM

I was listening to an interview with someone - can't remember who - who said before he got famous he lived with his girlfriend who paid all the rent. After he became successful he dumped her.

by Anonymousreply 57July 25, 2019 4:23 PM

He tested the show out with a website first so I saw an early one with David Letterman before it went to Netflix. There were a couple more. I kept waiting for something to happen. Like maybe laughter, or something interesting, and I decided I didn't like him. I never saw a single episode of his show, Seinfeld. BTW I heard rumors that his wife, Jessica? cheats on him regularly. He & Gwyneth were neighbors in the Hamptons, and he is so filthy rich she cultivated him and his wife because she was looking for investors. I don't think they're that friendly. I also recall Gwyneth being really close to Beyonce and her husband, but that seemed to fade away once she divorced Chris Martin & Beyonce moved to L.A.

by Anonymousreply 58July 25, 2019 4:25 PM

Being a dick is his shtick.

by Anonymousreply 59July 25, 2019 4:27 PM

Granted I've only seen a few but every one I've seen the comic in the car with Jerry looks incredibly uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 60July 25, 2019 4:28 PM

[quote]He literally cannot play a board game with them,

[quote]You can literally just lay on the floor

Massive eyeroll.

by Anonymousreply 61July 25, 2019 4:42 PM

If I was that wealthy I wouldn’t play a board (bored) game with my children either. I’d have my assistants ship those snot factories off to the furthest boarding school.

by Anonymousreply 62July 25, 2019 4:51 PM

Most of the car episodes I've seen are either boring or awkward. Including a most recent one with Zach Galifanakis. I agree that the series was funny because of Larry David and not JS.

by Anonymousreply 63July 25, 2019 4:54 PM

R63 - absolutely. That’s evident while watching “Curb your Enthusiasm.”

by Anonymousreply 64July 25, 2019 4:56 PM

The show is just an excuse for Jerry to write off all the money he spends putting those cars in a garage and maintaining them.

by Anonymousreply 65July 25, 2019 6:51 PM

I know I've seen four or five episodes but even looking at the list I can only remember two.

JLD says repeatedly in one of her episodes that he has no interpersonal skills and barely acted like a human. And she's his friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 25, 2019 7:05 PM

R65 - ummmm Jerry is worth 800 million....I don’t think he has to worry about “write offs.”

by Anonymousreply 67July 25, 2019 8:29 PM

I had a job interview back in the late 90s with a guy who I was told was a HUGE, HUGE Seinfeld fan, and was advised to, at least, watch a couple of episodes before I'd go. Which I did. It actually worked and of course i was asked what were my favorite episodes! Well long story short: I got the job...

But here's a video showing how out of touch he had become by the late 2ks. That campaign was absolutely ridiculed across the world, because it was SO BAD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 25, 2019 9:02 PM

When he talks about his upbringing, Seinfeld always sounds like he was raised by cold, unfeeling psychopaths.

Not “serial killer” psychopaths, just people devoid of human emotions and empathy.

It explains a lot.

by Anonymousreply 69July 25, 2019 9:20 PM

Jerry sounds Toe-tally IMPOSSIBLE!

by Anonymousreply 70July 25, 2019 9:52 PM

I overheard a guy on the LIRR a out 15 years ago mention that he was at a party of gay men who were all wearing Lacoste shirts and the Jerry was there wearing a Lacoste and acting just as gay as all the others. Really!

by Anonymousreply 71July 25, 2019 10:24 PM

Gay men usually don't beard with high-school girls and new brides still on their honeymoon, so I'm guessing he saw a Jerry lookalike (poor guy).

by Anonymousreply 72July 26, 2019 1:32 AM

R72, sorry but if you're a closeted Gay man, who better than a young woman?

by Anonymousreply 73July 26, 2019 1:56 AM

[quote] But here's a video showing how out of touch he had become by the late 2ks. That campaign was absolutely ridiculed across the world, because it was SO BAD.

"Out of touch" with what? Either you like his dry style of humor or you don't.

by Anonymousreply 74July 26, 2019 2:01 AM

Anyone who has eyes and has seen Shoshana Lonstein knows that this man is not gay. You can argue that Jessica is a "beard type," but Shoshana? Come on.

by Anonymousreply 75July 26, 2019 2:11 AM

He likes dark meat and was found in the rambles in Central Park with a Gentleman of Color!

by Anonymousreply 76July 26, 2019 4:32 AM

I don't mind him and sometimes I enjoy him. Also he was sort of hot once. He comes in a line of post-borsht belt and I have an affection for that sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 77July 26, 2019 4:59 AM

[Quote] I also recall Gwyneth being really close to Beyonce and her husband, but that seemed to fade away once she divorced Chris Martin & Beyonce moved to L.A.

I'm sure the rumour about her sleeping with Jay had nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 78July 26, 2019 7:26 AM

Paltrow's V can't handle Jay Z's D. He fucked around but not with her.

by Anonymousreply 79July 26, 2019 7:36 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 26, 2019 7:59 AM

R79 [italic] interesting [/italic]

by Anonymousreply 81July 26, 2019 9:11 AM

I think he's a sociopath. Minus the violent crimes.

by Anonymousreply 82July 26, 2019 9:50 AM

I liked him just fine. I enjoyed his stand-ups before he had his show. His partnership with Larry David was key for the dynamic of the Seinfeld show and they complimented each other humor-wise. The only real negative thing I have toward him is when who dated Shoshana who was 18 and he was about 39. That was creepy.

by Anonymousreply 83July 26, 2019 11:31 AM

[quote]they complimented each other humor-wise.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 84July 26, 2019 11:36 AM

[quote]His partnership with Larry David was key for the dynamic of the Seinfeld show

As evidenced by the atrocity it became after David left.

by Anonymousreply 85July 26, 2019 11:37 AM

Total bullshit, R85. The show remained highly popular the two years it remained on the air after Larry left. And as for as the finale, given all the hype surrounding it, not even the second coming of Christ, would have satisfied everyone.

The tone of the show changed when David left, but just because you didn't like the change means the show became an "atrocity." Bizarro Jerry, Festivus, and Yada, Yada are just a few of the classic episodes that were produced after David left.

by Anonymousreply 86July 26, 2019 11:43 AM

Calm down Jerry, er I mean r86.

I’m one of the biggest fans of that show out there. I continued to watch and still continue with every season on DVD.

But even the most die-hard fans will admit, the show wasn’t itself after Larry left, in spite of some one-offs.

by Anonymousreply 87July 26, 2019 11:47 AM

He’s a big Mets fan

by Anonymousreply 88July 26, 2019 11:57 AM

His show was funny for about 3 seasons. At times it was brilliant but as soon as David stopped writing it went downhill fast. He is a lucky bastard he had a great supporting cast. I recall as Jerry became more famous he starting working out more and was more prone to showing off his physique. He is probably a real narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 89July 26, 2019 12:08 PM

YES!! He's a huge dick! Thank you!

Just watch this video of him! It's like an unfunny, whiny man child with toddler behavior duped the world into thinking he's funny. Larry David was just majestic. Seinfeld is like the embodiment of someone with all the charisma of life drained out of them.

The guy that played Kramer was funnier on the show. Being an asshole doesn't make you some famous comedy wit.

I do agree with the other comment that he might be on the spectrum. Also, in the video near 1:45 he pings with his reply. Maybe that's why he's such an unhappy asshole. He's squashing down whatever gayness his unfeeling parents made him repress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90July 26, 2019 12:29 PM

He didn't hug Kesha.

She went on to describe how she got over the snafu: “My idol in life, Bob Dylan, agreed to meet up with me because we were playing the same festival. And I was like so scared, because I had just got hug denied. So I was a little hug traumatized… And he just opened his beautiful arms and gave me the most wonderful, healing Bob Dylan hug that I had ever dreamt of, and I just could care less about anything else.” She added that he even gave her a hug after their conversation, too, making her twice-blessed by the folk legend.

by Anonymousreply 91July 26, 2019 12:34 PM

I thought young Jerry was sexy when he wore tight jeans on the show. I think you could just see the outline of his big thick Jewish cock.

by Anonymousreply 92July 26, 2019 12:38 PM

Glad he took himself off the air.

by Anonymousreply 93July 26, 2019 12:41 PM

Unfunny. Unattractive. Closeted and angry.

by Anonymousreply 94July 26, 2019 12:45 PM

Did anyone else have that feeling while watching the show? Thinking what in the world is everyone seeing to make this show so popular? Only a few characters really stood out. Jerry was not one.

by Anonymousreply 95July 26, 2019 12:47 PM

I rewatched the Festivus episode a couple months ago and was surprised by how slow and awkward it was. Too many pauses for laughs, it really threw off the timing.

by Anonymousreply 96July 26, 2019 1:11 PM

[quote] I rewatched the Festivus episode a couple months ago and was surprised by how slow and awkward it was. Too many pauses for laughs, it really threw off the timing.

I think some of that is how wired we've become for instant gratification in the internet age.

by Anonymousreply 97July 26, 2019 3:16 PM

Jerry and Georges parents were classic too. He had such a talented roster of supporting players. The good episodes still hold up.

by Anonymousreply 98July 26, 2019 4:47 PM

"At times it was brilliant but as soon as David stopped writing it went downhill fast."

Larry David was at the helm from the beginning, including the very disastrous seasons 1 and 2, the seasons where if it wasn't for Brandon Tartikoff, the show would have been cancelled. Your theory doesn't hold water.

by Anonymousreply 99July 26, 2019 7:50 PM

She was 17 r83. He started dating her when she was in high school. He used to visit her in college. He’s an asshole and a pig.

That show was only funny because of the writing and all the actors who were in the ensemble. Literally everyone on that show was funnier and more talented than JS. Comedians in Cars is the most boring show I have ever seen, mainly due to his blah “I’m so much richer than you” personality.

by Anonymousreply 100July 26, 2019 8:56 PM

Larry David left the show after season 7. The show became very good (but inconsistent) in season 3, became great in season 4, and became one of the greatest sitcoms ever because of seasons 5, 6, and some of 7.

Seasons 8 and 9 the show was running on fumes and the comedy took on a broader, more absurd quality.

Seasons 1 (like three episodes; I think it was a summer special) and 2 are some of the worst TV I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 101July 26, 2019 9:22 PM

His sitcom was a once and done for me. I didn't hate it, but had no interest in seeing it again. I think Julia's "Veep" is far superior.

by Anonymousreply 102July 26, 2019 9:27 PM

Veep was an adaptation of The Thick of It, which was a better show in many ways.

by Anonymousreply 103July 26, 2019 9:30 PM

Didn't Seinfeld and Roseanne have some beef as well?

Roseanne said she used to resent Seinfeld and all the accolades it got, because it was a show about nothing. While she felt her show was superior and about something but never got any respect.

There was also an altercation with Julia Louis Dreyfuss, Roseanne and Tom that made the news. TV Guide did a story about it as well.

by Anonymousreply 104July 26, 2019 9:47 PM

I tried to watch one of those "Comedians In Cars......" episodes today, the one with Eddie Murphy. I almost died of boredom within 10 minutes and had to turn it off.

by Anonymousreply 105July 26, 2019 9:52 PM

Seinfeld got all indignant because Larry King didn't know whether the "Seinfeld" sitcom was cancelled or whether Jerry decided to stop it. Jerry is indignant that Larry does not know all the details of just how successful "Seinfeld" was. Larry also says, "Have I hurt you, Jerry?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106July 26, 2019 10:16 PM

He's so weird about race too. He literally cannot let 10 minutes go by without mentioning it. He acts like a black roommate and a friendship with George Wallace make him able to immune to being racially dicky. He loves to mention how shitty black neighborhoods are. He's like Bill O'Reilly being amazed that the black people in Sylvia's Restaurants weren't screaming for motherfucking lemonade. He's just a douche and I bet he knows what an imposter he really is. He also mentions suicide or death more than Anthony Bourdain ever did.

by Anonymousreply 107July 26, 2019 10:18 PM

Yes, Jerry poached a newlywed woman off of her husband.

by Anonymousreply 108July 26, 2019 10:18 PM

I wish Seinfeld had had a Michael Richards freak out. Expose what he really is. Just something so smarmy about his punchable face.

by Anonymousreply 109July 26, 2019 10:26 PM

"Jerry poached a newlywed woman off of her husband."

Unless the future Mrs. Seinfeld was severely brain damaged and unable to make choices on her own, she had a more active role in the dissolution of her first marriage than you and a lot other people want to believe.

by Anonymousreply 110July 26, 2019 10:32 PM

I mean, she clearly went with Jerry for the money. He's not exactly Prince Charming.

by Anonymousreply 111July 26, 2019 10:36 PM

Yeah, he had to know Richardson was so racially nuts. Weird Al never worked with him again. His weird "don't mess with my money" and then having him back on Curb your Enthusiasm was so weird.

by Anonymousreply 112July 26, 2019 11:12 PM

That Jessica Seinfeld must be a terror...and that face! She looks like every other pudgy-faced girl on Long Island, and not made prettier by her nasty actions. Imagine meeting and dating a guy three WEEKS after returning from your fucking honeymoon! What a [italic]kurveh[/italic]!

She must have been raised by wolves.

by Anonymousreply 113July 27, 2019 4:18 AM

r113 it was three weeks after the WEDDING, less than a week after returning from her honeymoon. Oh and for someone who thought her wedding to Nederlander was a mistake before the ceremony, she still managed to buy $100k worth of clothing on her honeymoon. Jessica is a pig.

by Anonymousreply 114July 27, 2019 4:22 AM

[quote] Seinfeld got all indignant because Larry King didn't know whether the "Seinfeld" sitcom was cancelled or whether Jerry decided to stop it. Jerry is indignant that Larry does not know all the details of just how successful "Seinfeld" was. Larry also says, "Have I hurt you, Jerry?"

Larry King proudly did not write questions down to prep for interviews. He notoriously asked Anderson Cooper what his brother landed on, after jumping to his death. Datalounge loves to mock King’s ridiculousness.

It was a stupid question!

by Anonymousreply 115July 27, 2019 5:34 AM

Larry also said to a weeping Barbara Eden, "you'll never get over your son killing himself in the car with a needle is his arm, will you?" I love Larry King.

Seinfeld got too rich and famous for nothing. I bet Chris Rock and Eddie Murphy hate him. They're insulated privileged guys too, but they have ironic senses of humor about their own douchiness. And they're light years more talented than Jerry.

by Anonymousreply 116July 27, 2019 5:41 AM

[quote]Datalounge loves to mock King’s ridiculousness.

I’d love for Larry King to make an appearance here. I don’t have the skill.

by Anonymousreply 117July 27, 2019 12:07 PM

You got into writing jokes and your brother Jake make millions selling health and fitness equipment. Will you two ever make a movie together; you writing and Jake acting?

by Anonymousreply 118July 27, 2019 8:15 PM

[quote] Larry King proudly did not write questions down to prep for interviews. He notoriously asked Anderson Cooper what his brother landed on, after jumping to his death. Datalounge loves to mock King’s ridiculousness.

Understood, I agree Larry King looked unprofessional.

by Anonymousreply 119July 27, 2019 8:42 PM

[quote] I bet Chris Rock and Eddie Murphy hate him

I don't know about Chris Rock but Murphy clearly is very fond of Seinfeld. That much was obvious when Murphy did that Comedians In Cars episode. They both started out together at the same place, the same week, long ago.

Frankly, most of the BS being slung in this thread about Seinfeld is just made up crap and wishful thinking by a pack of deranged queens who want to think they actually know something about some celebrity's life.

by Anonymousreply 120July 27, 2019 8:58 PM

I've watched a couple of his shows and hated them. Seinfeld is probably the most boring of them all and is not funny. He was just good at having lawyers and negotiating the residuals.

Not. Funny.

by Anonymousreply 121July 27, 2019 9:03 PM

"Hiking With Kevin" (Nealon) -- based on the same concept -- is a far superior show!!

by Anonymousreply 122July 28, 2019 3:58 AM

Werent there stories of him liking to suck dick in high school and college ?

by Anonymousreply 123July 28, 2019 4:29 AM

[quote] Frankly, most of the BS being slung in this thread about Seinfeld is just made up crap and wishful thinking by a pack of deranged queens who want to think they actually know something about some celebrity's life.

The thread is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 124July 28, 2019 6:00 AM

In the Cars episode with Bridget Everett she mentions being friends with _____ _______, but they cut the sound and place a black box over his mouth, then Jerry explains how he hates the guy and why the guy doesn't like Jerry's work. He said he does the silly voice because he's not funny and never made it big. I'm thinking Gilbert Gottfried?

by Anonymousreply 125July 28, 2019 9:04 AM

he is very loathed in the comedy world, and beyond. wife is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 126July 28, 2019 9:17 AM

R125 Gilbert does hate Jerry a lot. I don't remember why though.

by Anonymousreply 127July 28, 2019 12:27 PM

It's Jerry Seinfeld behind the DDOS attack! Lol, I wouldn't put it past him with how he flipped out on Larry King.

by Anonymousreply 128July 28, 2019 3:57 PM

Miss Jiminy Glick. He has a certain complex. And don't forget Bee Movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129July 28, 2019 4:12 PM

R129 I thought that was Alan Cumming at first!

by Anonymousreply 130July 28, 2019 4:21 PM

The mystery comedian they blacked out is Bobcat Goldthwait.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131July 28, 2019 4:28 PM

The Cars episode with Michael Richards is like going to a funeral. What the hell possessed him to kill his career in such spectacular way?

by Anonymousreply 132July 28, 2019 4:35 PM

R132 I used t think maybe he wanted to kill the Kramer character the way Paul Ruebens wanted to kill his Pee Wee character.

I remember when Richards was in Montreal for the Just For Laughs festival and some jackass in the audience shouted out, "Do Kramer!" If looks could kill, Richards would have destroyed the guy.

by Anonymousreply 133July 28, 2019 7:32 PM

Everything Goldthwait says is true.

by Anonymousreply 134July 28, 2019 7:45 PM

The mystery comedian they bleeped on the Netflix show is Bobcat, but Seinfeld does hate Gilbert, too, because Gilbert used to go on Howard Stern and do a dead-on Jerry Seinfeld impression.

by Anonymousreply 135July 28, 2019 8:32 PM

There was a SNL sketch in the mid eighties where all the stand up comedians sounded just like Seinfeld, including a young Damon Wayans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136July 28, 2019 9:54 PM

And here's a clip of that sketch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137July 28, 2019 9:54 PM

If Jerry did his same schtick as a woman no one would give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 138July 28, 2019 10:13 PM

could never watch that corney tv show of his. how it was a hit is a huge mystery to me. fug ugh.

by Anonymousreply 139July 29, 2019 5:45 AM

Americans are corny and like meanness.

by Anonymousreply 140July 29, 2019 5:55 AM

I never quite understood the success of Seinfeld. Some episodes are funny but I never thought it was that great.

by Anonymousreply 141July 29, 2019 5:56 AM

I never liked the show. I like, George Wallace, he was Jerry’s best man at Jerry’s wedding to Nederlander.

by Anonymousreply 142July 29, 2019 5:58 AM

the TV Critics gave Seinfeld some kind of heritage award or lifetime achievement award and no one from the show could have been bothered to show up to accept it. On one hand, Jerry thinks awards are stupid so he wasn't being a hypocrite I guess. But on the other, just show up, say thanks to TV critics who helped bring attention to your show -- and then leave.

And don't come back.

by Anonymousreply 143July 29, 2019 6:02 AM

he known as huge asshole.

by Anonymousreply 144July 29, 2019 6:17 AM

I'm proud to announce that I've never seen a single episode of anything he's ever been on. I saw the clip of him on Larry King being all offended and have disliked him ever since.

by Anonymousreply 145July 29, 2019 6:23 AM

The Larry King clip was after Seinfeld was off the air, obviously. So you couldn't have had much interest in one of the most unusual and disruptively funny sitcoms to ever be on television R145. What's to be proud of that you never watched? Seinfeld is always rated among the top 5 sitcoms in the history of television. Usually in the top 2. It was a uniquely great show.

by Anonymousreply 146July 29, 2019 6:38 AM

[quote]Frankly, most of the BS being slung in this thread about Seinfeld is just made up crap and wishful thinking by a pack of deranged queens who want to think they actually know something about some celebrity's life.

So are you saying he never dated a high school girl when he was 40? He didn't poach another man's wife right after the wedding? He never went on talk shows and trashed the poor woman his thirsty pig wife plagiarized? He doesn't act like a smug, entitled jerk on Cars? All the many, many, MANY stories about him being an asshole (and not a single one about him being a nice guy) are "made up crap?"

by Anonymousreply 147July 29, 2019 9:59 AM

So Jerry Seinfeld is an asshole. Big deal. There are a lot of assholes in Hollywood. There are a lot of assholes in politics, sports, business. You name it. There are assholes everywhere.

Except on DataLounge, where positively no one is an asshole, ever!!! The PC delicate hot house flowers like R147 would not tolerate it.

by Anonymousreply 148July 29, 2019 12:26 PM

I loved Seinfeld (the show) but I just can't get over the Larry King interview. Seinfeld was/is such an arrogant, uptight ass. If I hate the real life person, it usually also ruins the character for me (hello Tom Cruise).

by Anonymousreply 149July 29, 2019 12:28 PM

Weirdo Seinfeld apologist @ R148. Really? This is the hill you want to die on? WTF would you so vigorously defend an untalented jerk who got lucky?

by Anonymousreply 150July 29, 2019 1:07 PM

He is like an ugly Tom Cruise. What kind of number did his parents do on him? I'd love to know.

by Anonymousreply 151July 29, 2019 1:08 PM

The world is full of wealthy, untalented jerks, R150. Why you choose to zero in on Seinfeld when there are plenty more out there (including the current one in the White House) leads me to believe there is some mental illness at play here on your part.

by Anonymousreply 152July 29, 2019 1:18 PM

[quote] Weirdo Seinfeld apologist @ [R148]. Really? This is the hill you want to die on? WTF would you so vigorously defend an untalented jerk who got lucky?

An “apologist” for someone whom you find to be unlikable? It’s not that serious.

by Anonymousreply 153July 29, 2019 2:26 PM

[quote]The world is full of wealthy, untalented jerks

And we like to gossip about them.

by Anonymousreply 154July 29, 2019 2:37 PM

Jerry is one of the jews I like.

by Anonymousreply 155July 29, 2019 2:48 PM

I loved his show, but he seems like such a prissy little bitch on “Comedians in Cars.” I love a good curmudgeon (I adore Larry David.) But Jerry comes off whiny, controlling, and somehow dumb.

by Anonymousreply 156July 29, 2019 3:30 PM

That clip with Larry King seemed jokey like he didn't take it too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 157July 29, 2019 4:12 PM

[quote]I think some of that is how wired we've become for instant gratification in the internet age.

I don't see the same problem with other 1990s shows, though. You assumed I watched current shows and was programmed to get "instant gratification" because for some reason that's a big DL thing lately, to assume everyone you disagree with is some stupid young person who just can't understand the quality of decades past, but I actually watch old shows from the 1950s through 1990s and almost nothing new. In the last year I rewatched Frasier, Twin Peaks, X-Files, Simpsons, Freaks & Geeks, and a few episode of Friends and Fresh Prince here and there.

I genuinely cannot think of any examples of the slow pacing I saw in the "Festivus" episode, save some of the Married With Children episodes with huge pauses as the audience screamed like monkeys.

The pacing on Seinfeld was deliberate, and it does not wear well. It was meant to be awkward. It is, but not in a good way. It's not like an old Johnny Carson joke bombing and still being funny today, or Letterman's early awkward and hostile shtick. It's just boring.

by Anonymousreply 158July 29, 2019 4:15 PM

R148 because he should be about as relevant at Andrew Dice Clay and yet, he's not. Something wrong in the universe. There are funnier comedians than him. Brian Regan is funnier and less annoying.

by Anonymousreply 159July 29, 2019 4:17 PM

R157 It was hard to tell. Anyway, Clive Anderson thought he was joking around with the Bee Gees and they got up and left.

That's probably why they went to commercial. Make sure everything is alright.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160July 29, 2019 4:20 PM

Most of his guests are more talented than he is. He also seems depressed as hell. That Bobcat Goldwaite rant he went on was crazy. He literally started pouring sweat.

by Anonymousreply 161July 29, 2019 4:22 PM

If for no other reason, I hate Seinfeld and his stupid show for inflicting the expression “Yada, yada” on an unsuspecting public

by Anonymousreply 162July 29, 2019 4:27 PM

The Festivus episode was one of the lamest episodes the show ever did and is really only remembered because of the fictitious holiday.

The show's ninth season -- which includes this episode -- was bad, and even the episodes from that season that critics seem to love (like the Merv Griffin one) are simply not as good as anything that aired in seasons 4-7.

by Anonymousreply 163July 29, 2019 4:28 PM

You’re right, r163. They became more cartoonish and the situations were [bold]completely[/bold] ridiculous as opposed to just ridiculous in the beginning of the show.

by Anonymousreply 164July 29, 2019 4:30 PM

R152. I agree with you. Why hate on jerry.

by Anonymousreply 165July 29, 2019 4:34 PM

He never was funny and his show was never funny, just weird. In the 1990s they ran out of funny things and had to substitute weirdness for humor. He has never been attractive.

His wife is reportedly a bitch on wheels, terrorizing the expensive private schools their kids go to, and the kids are reportedly holy terrors themselves. This is a family you want to stay far away from at all costs.

by Anonymousreply 166July 29, 2019 4:40 PM

I’ll leave this here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167July 29, 2019 4:48 PM

Larry David was the true creative force behind Seinfeld, as Curb Your Enthusiasm has shown us.

We had a big Jessica Seinfeld thread a few years ago with lots of anecdotes about what a horrible awful person she is. If you're not rich or famous, don't even think you're entitled to breathe the same air as her.

by Anonymousreply 168July 29, 2019 4:57 PM

Ha, I looked it up. Bobcat Goldthwait said Jerry Seinfeld is "a spooky weird Scientologist who bangs underage girls."

by Anonymousreply 169July 29, 2019 5:36 PM

Some people really love him though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170July 29, 2019 5:41 PM

^ That's a good clip - describes Seinfeld's humor quite well, the good and the bad. Thanks R170.

by Anonymousreply 171July 29, 2019 7:00 PM

Seinfeld hates himself. Remember when he said he was autistic? He is trying to figure out why he is such a prick.

BTW, to the poster above, his daughter and younger son are very sweet. His wife and older son are smug assholes.

by Anonymousreply 172July 30, 2019 2:35 AM

Seinfeld has no dick.

by Anonymousreply 173July 30, 2019 7:09 AM

I was at a press conference for a show he was promoting; I honestly forget what it was or maybe I just heard this story. Anyway, a reporter asked him a question during a conference that he would never ever ever answer on a red carpet and his rep would never put it through.

It wasn't invasive, just an odd question. He said in front of everyone are you seriously asking me that here? And people laughed.

I would have said: Yeah, b/c your reps won't forward the q to you and I'm doing my job. If you don't want to answer it then don't, but don't be a dick.

by Anonymousreply 174July 30, 2019 6:01 PM

What was the question?

by Anonymousreply 175July 30, 2019 6:14 PM

I'll try to find it.

It could make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 176July 30, 2019 6:17 PM

I like his Car and Coffee show when they talk about their craft or older comedians they admired. I care very little about the cars.

by Anonymousreply 177July 31, 2019 10:49 PM

He's a dick to wait staff. He was a dick to Jim Gaffigan and Dana Carvey, arguably the nicest guys in the business.

by Anonymousreply 178August 6, 2019 5:01 PM

[quote] arguably the nicest guys in the business.

According to whom?

by Anonymousreply 179August 6, 2019 8:44 PM

Details on his dickishness to Gaffigan and Carvey, please, R178.

by Anonymousreply 180August 6, 2019 8:49 PM

He was dismissive and at times openly hostile to both Gaffigan and Carvey. It's like he can't understand someone truly nice. Then there is his contempt for the servers. If he's not a dickhead to their face, he has a snide remark when they leave the table, knowing they'll see that shit and probably have a roomful of friends and family with them as they watch it. He's a dick.

by Anonymousreply 181August 6, 2019 10:02 PM

^^^ Gee, wouldn't it be horrible if some waiter or waitress somewhere did something disgusting to his food before serving it to him?

by Anonymousreply 182August 7, 2019 8:35 AM

He claims he waited tables when he was starting out. I don't believe it.

by Anonymousreply 183August 7, 2019 3:02 PM

[quote] He was dismissive and at times openly hostile to both Gaffigan and Carvey. It's like he can't understand someone truly nice. Then there is his contempt for the servers. If he's not a dickhead to their face, he has a snide remark when they leave the table, knowing they'll see that shit and probably have a roomful of friends and family with them as they watch it. He's a dick.

Seinfeld is a comedian. He's exclusively hanging out with other comedians whom he loves and admires. The conversations include jokes and teasing. Which is normal for old friends. Some of you are reading way too much into Seinfeld's dry humor. He and Carvey have been friends for long time. Seinfeld heaped praise on him. They had a blast together. He and Gaffigan also had a blast with each other. Are you watching and expecting Seinfeld to not tease his old friends or not use the dry humor for which he is famous? He also jokes with the waitstaff and apparently leaves very generous tips. I doubt that they are mortally wounded by his humor. You take his comment way way to seriously.

by Anonymousreply 184August 7, 2019 4:55 PM

Hi Jerry!

by Anonymousreply 185August 7, 2019 5:10 PM

I think we have a lot of very insanely jealous bitches here.

Of all the stories I've heard about assholes in Hollywood, Jerry Seinfeld does not appear on anyone's list. Even Howard Stern, who during his prime, would go after or trash anybody for a laugh, has always respected Jerry Seinfeld. And need I remind everyone that despite what happened, Jerry stood by Michael Richards and did not cut and run because it would have been much more convenient and expedient for Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 186August 7, 2019 6:56 PM

Yes, R186, Howard Stern NEVER made fun of Jerry Seinfeld!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187August 7, 2019 8:06 PM

Read my post, R187: it said "go after or trash." Making fun of someone's schtick is not the same as go after them or trashing them.

Howard goofed on Jerry; he trashed the likes of Kathy Lee Gifford and Rick Dees.

by Anonymousreply 188August 7, 2019 8:57 PM

Jerry is a self-hating person who relied on (stole from) the talents of others to get where he is married to a a self-hating person who relied on (stole from) the talents of others to get where she is . Nothing shocking there. They deserve one another. Meanwhile someone like Larry Miller who is far more talented (as is his wife) has had to fight for a career. Thus is Hollywood and NYC.

by Anonymousreply 189August 8, 2019 11:50 AM

You probably know this, r189, but:

Larry Miller auditioned at Jerry’s urging for the role of George. By everyone’s accounts, he was not a good fit.

by Anonymousreply 190August 8, 2019 12:15 PM

I remember the Letterman interview where he savaged the woman his wife stole the cookbook from. Called her mental heath into question and was just super nasty. He went on and on about how she has three names, so she must be a psycho (this is especially rich because Jessica Seinfeld changed her first name as an adult. Jessica is not what her parents named her).. It was inappropriate for him to use his fame to disparage a woman who had a legit gripe against his wife and he went way over the line with the stuff he said about her. The cookbook writer lost the legal battle. It was plausible that the two women came up with the idea of hiding veggies in other food independently, but some of the recipes were exactly the same. And the real cookbook author submitted to Jessica’s publisher first. Even if Jessica hasn’t stolen it (and the probability that she did is about 99.9%), the author was still behaving reasonably to question it. My recollection is that Letterman was taken aback by it the tirade.

I think they are both trouble.

by Anonymousreply 191August 8, 2019 12:27 PM

[quote]He went on and on about how she has three names, so she must be a psycho

Well, he IS right about that.

by Anonymousreply 192August 8, 2019 12:30 PM

^^^ God knows THAT'S true, yeah . . .

by Anonymousreply 193August 8, 2019 12:53 PM

His wife looks like a rat.

by Anonymousreply 194August 9, 2019 4:31 AM

R190 yes I do know that about Miller. He's far more talented than Jason Alexander but Costanza had to be a schlub which Jason plays well. Miller is also a talented musician as well as a satirist.

by Anonymousreply 195August 9, 2019 9:33 AM

He isn't as unbearably smug as Bill Maher and Barbara Thorndyke.

by Anonymousreply 196August 9, 2019 8:33 PM

I'm Ann Coulter. Always glancing down and to the side. Like a liar or someone on the autism spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 197September 8, 2019 6:20 PM

R191 What is Jessica Seinfeld's real name? Also, who changes their name to Jessica?

by Anonymousreply 198September 8, 2019 6:33 PM

R198 She was born Nina Danielle Sklar according to Wikipedia.

by Anonymousreply 199September 8, 2019 6:40 PM

A textbook Jewish stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 200September 8, 2019 6:52 PM

Saw him once on Madison Ave. Smug and puffy.

by Anonymousreply 201September 8, 2019 7:46 PM

He had the puffy shirt on?!

I thought he hated it.

by Anonymousreply 202September 9, 2019 12:37 PM

He really does look puffy faced. Like he's getting fillers. I also can't get over how much he looks like Gilbert Gottfried. The people at Netflix must hate him because the pic they use for his show has him braying open mouthed and I ALWAYS think, holy shit, they gave Gilbert his own special. Nope, just Jerry.

by Anonymousreply 203September 9, 2019 1:02 PM

Jerry and Gilbert hate each other

by Anonymousreply 204September 9, 2019 2:19 PM

Nina Danielle is a pretty name.

by Anonymousreply 205September 9, 2019 2:27 PM

I think Jerry hates Gilbert but Gilbert doesn't have any sort of personal animosity against Jerry; he just thinks Jerry's a hack.

The 2017 documentary GILBERT really showed how different Gilbert is from his stage persona and how decent he is as a human being. Could be contributing factors to Seinfeld's hate!

by Anonymousreply 206September 9, 2019 4:44 PM

Gilbert does a scaaaathing impersonation of Jerry. It's worth seeking out.

by Anonymousreply 207September 9, 2019 7:01 PM

Jerry is a hack.

“Seinfeld” had its classic episodes.... thanks to Larry David.

by Anonymousreply 208September 10, 2019 1:33 AM

Boring show but VEEP is really good.

by Anonymousreply 209December 11, 2019 1:53 AM

R191, that reminds me of how Lance Armstrong trashed his former friends who outed him as a steroid user. He attempted to destroy them, publicly called them liars, etc. And we all know how that turned out. Like Seinfeld, he's just a dick.

by Anonymousreply 210December 11, 2019 2:18 AM

Never liked him or his show. I always thought the set was cheap and the show unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 211December 11, 2019 5:16 AM

a few moments on Seinfeld were funny, but the scene killer every single time for me was Kramer, who came flying into a room, arms flailing about; it made no sense why Jerry would tolerate him.

by Anonymousreply 212December 12, 2019 4:19 AM

One thing about the Seinfeld show that I found exceptional was how they cast all the small parts and bit players. They always seemed to find just the perfect actor for the character.

by Anonymousreply 213December 12, 2019 9:20 AM

Of the two sitcom Kramers of note, who’d have thought the less racist of the two would be the blond girl from [italic]Punky Brewster[/italic]?

by Anonymousreply 214December 12, 2019 9:42 AM

He has a crush on Goop. His wife is a piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 215December 12, 2019 10:17 AM

There should have been more backlash for him dating somebody still in high school but he was the NBC crown jewel back then.

by Anonymousreply 216December 12, 2019 10:18 AM

[quote] There should have been more backlash for him dating somebody still in high school but he was the NBC crown jewel back then.

A mantle he picked up from Bill Cosby. Let’s hope that’s ALL he picked up.

by Anonymousreply 217December 12, 2019 10:35 AM

I agree with op.

by Anonymousreply 218December 12, 2019 10:40 AM

R212 he didn't used to be like that but like with most sitcoms, he became a caricature of himself and people wanted the Loony Toons Kramer instead of the weirdo Kramer.

by Anonymousreply 219December 12, 2019 10:54 AM

I still like the Festivus episode. Jerry Stiller made me laugh on Seinfeld and as Arthur on King of Queens.

by Anonymousreply 220December 12, 2019 11:28 AM

He's ugly as fuck, too.

by Anonymousreply 221December 12, 2019 11:38 AM

That’s why he became a comedian and not an underwear model.

by Anonymousreply 222December 12, 2019 11:43 AM

He's not funny, either.

by Anonymousreply 223December 12, 2019 11:43 AM

Neither are Bob Saget or David Schwimmer, and look how long their shows were on.

by Anonymousreply 224December 12, 2019 11:46 AM

He was definitely the weakest link in the Seinfeld ensemble...

by Anonymousreply 225December 12, 2019 1:18 PM

In his defense, it must be galling to know that Julia L-D starred in two masterpiece shows, and the actual genius behind Seinfeld was showrunner on two masterpiece shows, and despite having his name on the first of these, Jerry has produced really nothing of note since.

I saw the Seinfeld episode this week where they wait fruitlessly for a table in a Chinese restaurant, and I noticed that Larry David was Executive Producer AND some title that meant he was also head of the writers' room. In my experience, those two things = showrunner. The episode itself was listed as written by the two of them.

by Anonymousreply 226December 12, 2019 1:23 PM

Was he high when he decided to do Bee Movie??

by Anonymousreply 227December 12, 2019 1:43 PM

Seinfeld is the definition of "self-hating."

by Anonymousreply 228December 12, 2019 6:34 PM

^^oh, and if you want to have a little fun and have an extra two minutes, go to his wife's Instagram and point out that her charity is just a way for her to acid-wash her golddigging ways. She will come at you with both barrels in that "thou doth protest too much" way.

by Anonymousreply 229December 12, 2019 6:36 PM

[quote]how do you get fired from Benson???

It happens.

by Anonymousreply 230December 12, 2019 6:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!