Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Please add Wendy's to your boycott list.

Wendy’s Owner Gives Big to Trump While Refusing Farmworkers’ Demands

The New York Times noted in a recent article that the CIW “has persuaded companies like Walmart and McDonald’s to buy their tomatoes from growers who follow strict labor standards,” but that “high-profile holdouts have threatened to halt the effort’s progress.” The CIW is now “raising pressure on one of the most prominent holdouts — Wendy’s — which it sees as an obstacle to expansion.” The CIW and its supporters have launched a campaign to get officials at colleges campuses with Wendy’s restaurants to “either remove the chain from campus or block it from doing business there in the future,” according to the Times.

One big fact the Times article failed to note is that the real power behind Wendy’s is a prominent hedge fund run by a well-known Trump donor who owns a $123.1 million Palm Beach estate that sits next to one of Trump’s former properties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 24, 2019 3:22 PM

It's got to be at least 25 years since I sat foot in a Wendy's but screw all these boycotts.

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2019 4:57 AM

Fat whores are not rejoicing. 😢

by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2019 5:05 AM

In my city, within the past ten years, all three of the Wendy's restaurants have closed.

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2019 5:07 AM

Wendys was the bomb when i was a kid and they had those square delicious patties but it's gone straight down the shitter since then.

by Anonymousreply 4July 24, 2019 5:13 AM

Yes, it's difficult to boycott something you no longer buy.

by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2019 6:14 AM

Do they still put who-knows-what crap in the chili? It's very tasty, but I've heard it's got toxic stuff in it.

by Anonymousreply 6July 24, 2019 3:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!