Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘We’re like Thelma and Louise’: Republicans shrug at deficits under Trump

Washington Post:

‘We’re like Thelma and Louise’: Republicans shrug at deficits under Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 26, 2019 3:05 PM

Is that old queen wearing blush?

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2019 1:45 AM

Of course the RePIGS don't care about deficits that will eventually wreck the economy, cause a market crash and jeopardize your 401K and the future of the country. They're fucking Trump sycophants and hypocrites. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2019 1:48 AM

Drive off the cliff already, would you please!

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2019 1:50 AM

Do it, and I'll applaud! (And, unlike the original, I won't shed tears).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 24, 2019 1:52 AM

By sheer virtue of being repigs, those scum are unable to feel shame

by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2019 1:56 AM

What straight, fat, white, republican men compare themselves to rape victims who were driven to suicide my heart swells🙄

by Anonymousreply 6July 24, 2019 1:59 AM

Can we never, ever, never, ever, never, ever, and by the way, never, ever assume that Republicans in Congress give a flying fuck about the Deficit? Can that never, ever happen again? I mean anyone paying attention knew that since the Reagan years, but assholes keep saying it. Can assholes please never say it again? Ever? Pretty please.

by Anonymousreply 7July 24, 2019 2:02 AM

Assholes. They'll be talking about the deficit again in eighteen months the moment a Democrat is sworn in.

by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2019 2:23 AM

I'm failing to find any connection between Thelma & Louise and the deficit. someone please enlighten me.

by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2019 2:30 AM

It is probably a near impossible expectation to expect thoughtfulness, common sense, empathy,coherence, or lucidity from most of the current governance that is associated with the repo party. They are so deep in their affair with trump that they are all giddy school girls hoping he will invite them to senior prom. It is a sad, pathetic series of events and behavior that the republican party has largely become an extension of mother russia, putin, the KKK and let us not forgot, nazi sympathizers.

by Anonymousreply 10July 24, 2019 2:40 AM

I tried to write the above without rushing through it with what seems to be my permanent angst and horror about repubs, but I neglected to proofread. "and let us not forget" is what the last sentence should begin with.

by Anonymousreply 11July 24, 2019 2:45 AM

Quentin Crisp rocked the look of the OP's photo of a repug so much more successfully than the repug politician.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 24, 2019 2:49 AM

Yes they will r8, but the question is, can every journalist and every blogger and everyone else in government stop this bullshit and never, ever again take seriously the idea that any elected Republican gives a fuck?

by Anonymousreply 13July 24, 2019 2:57 AM

[quote]Of course the RePIGS don't care about deficits that will eventually wreck the economy, cause a market crash and jeopardize your 401K and the future of the country. They're fucking Trump sycophants and hypocrites. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

No, rethugs DO care about deficits...if they are fighting to reduce spending on safety net programs, healthcare, education, medical research, and anything else that doesn't make money for the military-industrial complex.

Oh, they also care about deficits if it's a democrat who is president.

by Anonymousreply 14July 24, 2019 3:15 AM

R9, in short, it's Susan Sarandon's fault.

by Anonymousreply 15July 24, 2019 3:24 AM

He was Louisiana's longtime State Treasurer. Go figure.

And he's ALWAYS been a smart-mouthed, braying asshole.

by Anonymousreply 16July 24, 2019 3:43 AM

They're fine with it now because it pumps billions of dollars into the economy theoretically helping Chumps reelection. The minute a democrat is in power they want to restrict spending for the opposite reason.

by Anonymousreply 17July 24, 2019 3:56 AM

They see Democrats as invalid and inferior, so their hypocrisy is just fine.

by Anonymousreply 18July 24, 2019 4:14 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 19July 24, 2019 8:42 PM

NYT: Divided House Passes 2-Year Budget Deal to Raise Spending

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 25, 2019 9:36 PM
by Anonymousreply 21July 26, 2019 3:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!