Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Two B.C. Teens are Suspects in Three Murders

Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky were travelling from Port Alberni, B.C. to Whitehorse to find work. They stopped having contact with their families and were later thought to be victims of foul play when their pickup truck and camper was found burning in northern B.C. An unidentified man was found dead 2 kilometres away. Now, in a bizarre twist, they are suspects in the murder of an Australian man and his American girlfriend who, were found shot dead in a ditch by the Alaska Highway, and the still unidentified man 400 kilometres away. Someone spotted them in a different vehicle in northern Saskatchewan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 11, 2019 8:11 PM

And here I thought the two poor boys were victims of a serial killer and buried in a forest somewhere but it looks like they may be the murderers. I wonder if they ended up killing Fowler and Deese when they tried to rob them. Good work for ruining their own lives.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2019 11:01 PM

I always think some version of:

How can people fuck up so bad in less than 20 years!

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2019 11:10 PM

Exactly, R2.

I wonder if motels, restaurants, gas stations, etc. up north use credit cards and debit cards or if a lot of places still require cash. I would think the former because people don't want to carry a lot of cash around. Whatever Fowler and Deese had wasn't worth killing them over. The two teens are incredibly stupid fuck ups. Maybe because of the remote location, they thought the police would never figure out who the killers were.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2019 11:15 PM

I can't wait for MFM to cover this!

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2019 11:17 PM

I can't believe a thread hasn't been started on this topic already.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2019 11:20 PM

Northern BC has had a bad reputation for a long time, since before those two teens hit puberty, if not before they were born. People, particularly women, have been vanishing long enough and consistently enough to raise suspicions of a serial killer being active in the area.

Maybe the place's reputation is starting to attract aspiring young serial killers, it's a thinly populated area where nobody will find the bodies for a long time, if ever.

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2019 11:22 PM

Yes, I heard about many suspicious disappearances there before. Serial killer was the first thing I thought of.

It's just a matter of time before someone recognises McLeod and Schmegelsky and they're arrested. They can't be that good at disguising themselves and hiding out. They have to buy or steal food and gas sometime.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2019 11:26 PM

Are the killers a homosexual couple?

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2019 12:58 AM

Was this a heterophobic crime? Did the straight kiss and provoked a "straight panic" reaction?

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2019 1:25 AM

They didn’t get these motherfuckers yet?

by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2019 1:31 AM

R8, they do kind of have gayface.

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2019 3:52 AM

I can't believe they've evaded the police this long. The SUV that was found burning near Gillam in northern Manitoba was the one they had been travelling in. If they're hiking and hiding in the wilderness around Gillam, it's challenging terrain -- lots of thick bush, marshes and tons of biting insects. Hopefully mosquitoes and black flies are eating them alive right now.

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2019 6:20 AM

Why was the SUV burning?

Deliberately destroyed? Or overheated?

by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2019 6:24 AM

They deliberately set the stolen SUV and their own pickup truck on fire to destroy any evidence.

by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2019 6:27 AM

[quote]I can't believe they've evaded the police this long.

Didn't the father say they had survival training?

by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2019 6:30 AM

They're both about 7 feet tall - they will literally stick out.

by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2019 8:13 AM

We know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 25, 2019 8:18 AM

6'4, R16.

by Anonymousreply 18July 25, 2019 9:00 AM

Hello boys!

I could be a friend to you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 25, 2019 9:04 AM

Who is that, R19?

by Anonymousreply 20July 25, 2019 9:08 AM

Hyperbole for effect, R18, as was obvious.

by Anonymousreply 21July 25, 2019 9:13 AM

R20 Andy's rapist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 25, 2019 9:20 AM

[quote]Didn't the father say they had survival training?

I can't believe they're still at large.

Yes, R15, but one former RCMP officer said that she didn't know how they could survive unless they have a tent, lots of bug spray, very good hiking boots, a hat, gloves, etc. You sink down into the muskeg. They wouldn't dare put up a tent.

Maybe a drone will eventually spot them.

by Anonymousreply 23July 25, 2019 3:18 PM

The guy who was killed is cute, very heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 24July 25, 2019 3:22 PM

It's odd that Schmegelsky was living with his grandmother in Port Alberni rather than his Dad.

They kept saying that Schmegelsky was the quiet one so I assumed that the killings were McLeod's idea and Schmegelsky just followed him. However a former friend of Bryer's said that when they were playing violent video games, he said can you imagine doing this for real. A different acquaintance of Bryer's said that he wanted to form a militia. Very odd kid.

by Anonymousreply 25July 25, 2019 3:31 PM

Why are we maintaining two threads on this topic?

ORDER! We shall have order here!

by Anonymousreply 26July 25, 2019 3:33 PM

There are at least three threads on this topic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 25, 2019 3:43 PM

Kam and Bryer were bored after working in Port Alberni's Walmart for 5 weeks. They decided it would be much more exciting to become serial killers.

by Anonymousreply 28July 25, 2019 4:08 PM

A local said that there are lots of old cabins and camp sites around Gillam to hide in.

by Anonymousreply 29July 25, 2019 7:17 PM

Schmegelsky is pretty cute for a murderous, pro Trump Nazi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 25, 2019 7:27 PM

r30 Um, no, he looks exactly what one would expect a teenage Nazi to look like. Pale, skinny, and with the air of a person who's been bullied forever.

by Anonymousreply 31July 25, 2019 9:11 PM

I think he's quite cute, though too skinny. He does look quite effeminate at the 5:18 mark.

I guess Kam is short for Kameron. Very klever.

by Anonymousreply 32July 25, 2019 9:25 PM

I'm attracted to his beer drinking acquaintance, Mathis Muller, at the 4:50 mark.

by Anonymousreply 33July 25, 2019 9:28 PM

After all, that's what's most important in a murder case -- how attractive the guys are.

by Anonymousreply 34July 25, 2019 9:32 PM

On a gay website it makes sense the topic would arise, R34.

by Anonymousreply 35July 25, 2019 9:35 PM

Exactly, R35. If a really handsome guy (and no, neither Kam nor Bryer are REALLY handsome) murders someone homely, is it really such a crime? The accused should at least get a reduced sentence.

by Anonymousreply 36July 25, 2019 11:07 PM

I want to bum both of them

by Anonymousreply 37July 26, 2019 1:04 AM

Maybe they've killed themselves in a suicide pact and their bodies are rotting in the wilderness somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 38July 26, 2019 1:21 AM

Maybe they're having sex out in the wilderness.

by Anonymousreply 39July 26, 2019 1:31 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 26, 2019 6:01 AM

Is she "special", R40?

by Anonymousreply 41July 26, 2019 6:31 AM

Her spelling is special. Her son certainly fooled her. Can you see the article? All I see is the video of the father.

by Anonymousreply 42July 26, 2019 6:36 AM

[quote] Whatever Fowler and Deese had wasn't worth killing them over. The two teens are incredibly stupid fuck ups. Maybe because of the remote location, they thought the police would never figure out who the killers were.

That's the sad thing about this case and many other cases. The killers commit the crimes for thrills or get quick access to money.

by Anonymousreply 43July 26, 2019 7:18 AM

That's what I don't get. What was the motive for these murders?

by Anonymousreply 44July 26, 2019 7:22 AM

I thought it might have been robbery, R44, but that was before I heard that Bryer said to his friend can you imagine doing this in real life when playing violent video games. They might have done it just for fun to see what it's like to kill innocent people.

The longer this drags on, the more I think they've already shot themselves. If they're still alive, they must be in pretty rough shape.

by Anonymousreply 45July 26, 2019 2:52 PM

Really? Canadians don't do that.

by Anonymousreply 46July 26, 2019 2:52 PM

Of course they do. Canada has the same variety of people with warped minds as the U.S. eg. Paul Bernardo, Robert Pickton, Clifford Olsen, the guy who killed all those female students at the Ecole Polytechique in Montreal decades ago.

I suppose Bryer and Kam could have been hanging out and drinking with the Australian and his girlfriend when an argument broke out but the killing for thrills theory seems the most likely to me.

by Anonymousreply 47July 26, 2019 3:02 PM

Elmer & Luis

by Anonymousreply 48July 26, 2019 3:05 PM

[quote]Really? Canadians don't do that.

There was the case of Emanuel Jacques in Toronto in the 1970s. A 12 year old boy was lured into an apartment when promised money for helping move some photographic equipment. He was repeatedly sexually assaulted and murdered. This case caused a backlash against the gay community because of course the average gay man rapes and murders underaged boys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 26, 2019 3:10 PM

Goof who looks very similar to Kam McLeod pretends to be him in a photo on social media, holding a copy of yesterday's "Winnipeg Sun" newspaper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50July 26, 2019 9:22 PM

R47 There was also Mark Twitchell. The guy who was an aspiring filmmaker and a huge fan of Dexter. He posed as a woman on dating sites. He lured a guy to garage he was renting out and tried to kill that guy. The guy got away and didn't report the incident to police out of embarrassment. Twitchell again posed as a woman online and lured another guy to the garage and killed that guy. He dismembered the body and through parts in various places. He was eventually caught.

by Anonymousreply 51July 26, 2019 9:31 PM

R47 There was also Mark Twitchell. The guy who was an aspiring filmmaker and a huge fan of Dexter. He posed as a woman on dating sites. He lured a guy to garage he was renting out and tried to kill that guy. The guy got away and didn't report the incident to police out of embarrassment. Twitchell again posed as a woman online and lured another guy to the garage and killed that guy. He dismembered the body and through parts in various places. He was eventually caught.

by Anonymousreply 52July 26, 2019 9:31 PM

Yes. Canada has its share of nuts, R51.

by Anonymousreply 53July 26, 2019 10:25 PM

I thought I heard someone in Quebec had reported to the police they had seen Kam and Bryer. I assume it was an honest mistake, not mischief. The police stopped the two men, handcuffed them, questioned them for twenty minutes and then released them. It turns out they were tourists from Maryland. I can't find any article about this online.

by Anonymousreply 54July 26, 2019 10:31 PM

R54 I highly doubt they will travel all the way to Quebec. Canadians hate bigoted Quebec. Quebecers force people to speak French and refuse to converse with people in English. Look up their language police if you don't believe me. Most Anglophone Canadians avoid the province at all costs. Why would they go there just to be treated as second class citizens?

by Anonymousreply 55July 26, 2019 11:14 PM

Now there's a theory that they've changed their appearances and someone may have inadvertently helped them leave the Gillam area, not knowing who they were.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 26, 2019 11:16 PM

Are you baiting the Quebec troll, R55?

by Anonymousreply 57July 26, 2019 11:17 PM

They are dreamy

by Anonymousreply 58July 26, 2019 11:47 PM

I've been to Quebec over 20 times (I had a boyfriend in Montreal). No one forced me to speak French. People who can speak English are more than willing to speak to visitors in English.

by Anonymousreply 59July 26, 2019 11:53 PM

R55, thousands of Canadians, Americans, Europeans and people from other countries go to Quebec every year on vacation.

Yes, there are some Quebec separatists who don't like Anglophones, but that doesn't stop the rest of the World from going on.

by Anonymousreply 60July 26, 2019 11:58 PM

Is John/ PMBT helping them?

by Anonymousreply 61July 27, 2019 1:22 AM

Police have searched more than a 100 abandoned houses in the Gillam area.

by Anonymousreply 62July 27, 2019 10:23 PM

Where are those bastards? This is maddening.

by Anonymousreply 63July 27, 2019 10:24 PM

Please post it on the big thread here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 27, 2019 10:25 PM

I started this thread before the one you linked to. I'd rather post here.

by Anonymousreply 65July 27, 2019 10:27 PM

I didn't start the other thread, I was just suggesting we keep the news in one place since I think there are actually 3 threads now, and that one is the biggest one.

But to each his own.

by Anonymousreply 66July 27, 2019 10:36 PM

The other thread is infinitely superior.

by Anonymousreply 67July 28, 2019 3:47 AM

Pretty funny. Schmegelsky sounds like a Slavic or Slavic Jewish surname. If pro Nazi Bryer were in Europe during World War II, the Nazis would get rid of him really fast.

by Anonymousreply 68July 28, 2019 8:54 PM

Apparently when they were still driving the silver RAV4, they got stuck on a muddy road somewhere and someone who hadn't been paying attention to the news helped get them unstuck.

by Anonymousreply 69July 29, 2019 6:43 AM

I swear the Gen Z twinks have gone insane!!! We must gather all young twinks and keep them in a field somewhere to study them then reeducate them to be like us millennials.

by Anonymousreply 70July 30, 2019 2:27 PM

A psychologist diagnosed Schmegelsky's father as delusional. He disagrees with the diagnosis. He has been in court numerous times for criminal harassment. Officials have not clarified to the media if the harassment was directed at his ex-wife. He has been homeless for the past two years. He didn't see his son at all between the ages of 8 and 16.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 30, 2019 2:39 PM

Actually Bryer and Kam were stuck in a muddy field in Cold Lake, Alberta when Tommy Ste. Croix, who was visiting his brother, helped pull them out. They gave him their real names. He assumed they were local teens going for a joy ride in their parents' vehicle. He could tell they were nervous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 30, 2019 2:53 PM

Did they find them yet?

by Anonymousreply 73August 2, 2019 2:07 AM

How come they've stopped killing strangers? That's two different good samaritans whose lives they spared.

by Anonymousreply 74August 2, 2019 2:20 AM

No, they haven't been found yet, R73. The police are scaling back their presence in Gillam. A lot of the international press have left. The military plane they were using for the search has left. Maybe they're both dead (most likely, in my opinion) or they managed to get out of Gillam before the police were on to them. I find it hard to believe they're surviving in the wilderness around Gillam with the bugs, difficult terrain, predators, sometimes bad weather, etc.

by Anonymousreply 75August 2, 2019 5:55 AM

They are investigating tips that they have been seen in Northern Ontario, but they haven't been confirmed yet.

by Anonymousreply 76August 2, 2019 7:36 AM

Which one of you guys is hiding them?

by Anonymousreply 77August 2, 2019 2:37 PM

Guess they're not using condoms. No store sightings.

by Anonymousreply 78August 2, 2019 6:56 PM

No one else has been killed so they haven't stolen another vehicle. I doubt they're experts at breaking into and hot-wiring parked cars. They've shot each other and their bodies are lying in the marsh around Gillam.

by Anonymousreply 79August 2, 2019 7:03 PM

[quote]I can't believe they've evaded the police this long

Is there a chance there is a third person who killed the others and the twinks as well, but hid/buried their bodies somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 80August 2, 2019 8:20 PM

R80, no one else was with them when they were pulled out of the muddy field in Cold Lake, Alberta.

by Anonymousreply 81August 2, 2019 11:36 PM

The bodies were only 8 kilometres from the burned SUV and it took the police this long to find them?

by Anonymousreply 82August 7, 2019 11:23 PM

Dead.

Close the thread please.

by Anonymousreply 83August 8, 2019 12:14 AM

Longer thread is here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 8, 2019 12:16 AM

^^^ Oh no, don't go to that tired old thread. Go to the new one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 8, 2019 12:19 AM

On Friday, a tour guide spotted a sleeping bag in the Nelson River tangled in some willows. He reported it to the police. As the cops came to search for the sleeping bag, they found the damaged rowboat. It was presumably damaged on some rapids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 8, 2019 6:52 AM

I suppose they could have died from hypothermia when the weather was cool and rainy. Maybe temperatures drop quite a bit at night.

by Anonymousreply 87August 8, 2019 6:54 AM

R86, there's Clint -- DL's favorite bear!

by Anonymousreply 88August 8, 2019 8:35 AM

Are they dead for sure?

by Anonymousreply 89August 8, 2019 2:08 PM

No. They haven't been identified officially yet.

by Anonymousreply 90August 8, 2019 2:49 PM

The fact that the two bodies were found together makes murder-suicide or a double suicide more likely.

B.C. RCMP waited till yesterday to confirm that the burned SUV belonged to murdered UBC lecturer Leonard Dyck.

by Anonymousreply 91August 8, 2019 3:44 PM

That means the people in northern Ontario who reported sightings were either delusional or deliberately lying for attention.

by Anonymousreply 92August 8, 2019 8:03 PM

R92, in cases like this, members of the public often wrongly claim to have seen a particular suspect.

There are hundreds of people out there who can somewhat resemble a suspect's appearance, which is why it often takes police awhile to separate valid tips from cases of mistaken identity.

by Anonymousreply 93August 8, 2019 10:16 PM

Professor Plum in the study with the pipe wrench.

by Anonymousreply 94August 9, 2019 1:45 PM

So basically the RCMP couldn't find them when they were alive, but now they manage to find to bodies, HOW CONVENIENT.

Of course the corpse's will be ID'd as these teens and the case CONVENIENTLY closed with no charges.

Perhaps that is what the RCMP should do tell all their potential fugitives to stay perfectly still buried under brush, totally hidden from view, so they can find them.

by Anonymousreply 95August 9, 2019 2:05 PM

Autopsies are complete. The coroner in Winnipeg is sending the info to the RCMP in British Columbia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 11, 2019 8:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!