Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What about the children?

Amber Alerts are bullshit! WTF do they expect me to do? Set up roadblocks?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 4, 2019 4:38 PM

There was someone in another thread who talked about when the announcement was made a coworker would walk to the window overlooking the parking lot and dramatically say "We all need to be on the outlook for a ...."

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2019 8:45 PM

I mean, if you can.......

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2019 8:56 PM

17 YEARS OF AMBER ALERTS RESULT IN MORE THAN 600 RESCUED CHILDREN

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2019 9:34 PM

Selfish datalounge says "If this kid isn't near me THE WHOLE THING IS STUPID!"

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2019 9:40 PM

If you see something, say something. You are part of a community. Sometimes that comes with responsibilities.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2019 9:44 PM

Aren’t most of them just taken by their dad/mom?

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2019 9:56 PM

R6 we had an Amber alert overnight a few weeks back in Toronto and it turns out the mother forgot that the kid's grandfather was picking up the kid to spend the weekend at the grandparent's home.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2019 9:59 PM

Two roadblocks and an all points bulletin wouldn't stop a five year old.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2019 10:07 PM

I love you R8.

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2019 10:09 PM

[quote]Aren’t most of them just taken by their dad/mom?

You mean their non-binary parent? Probably.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2019 10:10 PM

Who let the fraus in? It is not a gay man's responsibility to protect someone else's crotchfruit.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2019 10:13 PM

Silver Alerts are more common here on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2019 10:56 PM

I just got one about five kids being abducted by...

You guessed it....

Someone who shares the same last name i.e. their dad or possibly their grandfather as per usual.

Names: Eska, Evelyn, Magnus, Mattias and... "Sovereign".

by Anonymousreply 13October 1, 2019 9:08 PM

Can you not turn these off? Why have thm enabled if they bother you so much?

by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2019 9:13 PM

You can't disable them in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 15October 1, 2019 9:18 PM

Of course you can turn them off. You have to be able to figure it out though, and it is apparently beyond the capabilities of DL users to do so.

by Anonymousreply 16October 1, 2019 9:20 PM

I have Amber Alerts disabled. I know I’ll never be of help in these situations. Unless it’s a hot guy or a particularly straining woman I really don’t notice strangers much less children. I do, however, have severe weather alerts enabled because those may actually affect me.

by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2019 9:24 PM

Do they actually work?

Has a child actually been saved because of one of these alerts?

by Anonymousreply 18October 1, 2019 9:24 PM

I have an iPhone and I'm in Canada and I'm not turning the connection to the LTE network off.

by Anonymousreply 19October 1, 2019 9:25 PM

They have a 20% success rate which is more than enough to justify interrupting whatever it is that narcissistic fruitcakes do all day. Jeebus. Only a gay man would be so goddamn selfish to bit cheaper about being asked to keep an eye out for a missing child. Hit the FF all you like. It had to be said.

by Anonymousreply 20October 1, 2019 9:33 PM

[quote] Only a gay man would be so goddamn selfish to bit cheaper about being asked to keep an eye out for a missing child.

Hey, at least I'm not calling 911 to complain about it like the straight people are, dumbfuck.

by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2019 9:35 PM

[quote]It had to be said.

And, no, it didn't have to be said. You just enjoy saying things like that, I'm guessing when you're not trolling for straight men in relationships to get fucked by or get punched in the face by while you beg to suck them off or whatever it is you and people like you are wont to do.

Fuck, I hate people like you.

by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2019 9:40 PM

Why the fuck are all these fraus posting here?

by Anonymousreply 23October 1, 2019 9:53 PM

[quote] Only a gay man would be so goddamn selfish to bit cheaper

?

by Anonymousreply 24October 1, 2019 10:13 PM

Funny sketch about it that blew up on Twitter the other day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 4, 2019 3:30 PM

Fuck your kids, straight cunts

Unless your kid happens to be a17 year old gymnast with a huge cock...that worth interrupting my day

by Anonymousreply 26October 4, 2019 4:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!