Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

End of the affair: why it's time to cancel Quentin Tarantino

Snowflake alert!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2019 3:30 PM

He was lousy at making films; he should go and do some self-indulgent Off-Broadway talkfests.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2019 12:06 PM

"Cancelling" someone seems like an Orwellian euphemism for something violent. No one thought of those optics?

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2019 12:23 PM

Tired of this fug and his films.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2019 12:34 PM

Why doesn't the writer fuck off.

If Tarantino's films make money and people want to pay to see them they I saw go for it Quentin. I'm not much of a fan but for people that don't like QT it pretty easy - don't see his films. And stop trying to make others who do want to watch his work view it.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2019 12:53 PM

Oh, for fuck’s sake

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2019 1:03 PM

I want to see the Sharon Tate movie. Manson looks hot.

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2019 1:28 PM

Lost me at The Guardian.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2019 1:37 PM

I'm not sure I believe that author has actually watched any Tarantino films. Rather, I refuse to believe that someone could be that bad at textual analysis so I convince myself that he did not consider the text first-hand.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2019 1:49 PM

From the article: "(Though it’s fair to say male characters were also subjected to extreme violence.)"

Um, yeah, in fact, the majority of the violence in Tarantino's films is against men and is considerably worse than what happens to the women. Does that make him a misandrist?

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2019 2:20 PM

A Guardian thought piece demanding the CANCELLATION!! of someone or something?? Put that in a frame ASAP!

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2019 2:21 PM

This handwringing, hysterical view gets lumped in with leftist ideology and furthers the left/right divide. I love Tarantino films. I’ve watched all of his movie and I will be in the theater next week when his next one opens.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2019 3:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!