Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Twitter looks different on my computer

The print is bigger and stuff is in different places. Anyone else have this? How do you switch it back to the old way?

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2019 2:50 AM

It looked normal this morning then I went on tonight to check something and thought I was on the wrong site. It's fucking hideous. And there's a "people to follow" thing right in the middle of everyone's feed. I altered the display a bit in regard to color but it's still hideous.

I doubt there is a way to switch back to the old (better) way. This is the "improvement" they've decided to bless us with.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2019 2:27 AM

I first saw the new format last week. The next time I signed in, it was back to the old format. It's been random since. Last night it was the new format and when I signed in this morning it was the new format. I just signed in now, and it's back to the old format. Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2019 2:27 AM

Over the weekend if I signed in on google chrome I got the new version. If I used Microsoft edge I got the old version. Today I get the new version on both. (and it is awful.)

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2019 2:29 AM

It's awful and you can't switch it back through the Settings either. Also, I got the "Error, try again" message every other time I opened it. People who aren't using Twitter on mobile seem to *really* hate it.

It drove me crazy but thankfully I found an extension on Reddit that made it revert back to the old interface. Won't last forever, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2019 2:30 AM

Another annoyance. The trending topics only show the first four. You have to click "show more" twice in order to see all ten topics and then it switches to its own page. You can't see all ten down the side of your feed (or homepage) anymore.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2019 2:37 AM

Yeah, mine changed too. THis happened for the first time a few weeks ago, and there was some kind of "legacy" setting or something that actually asked you if you wanted to go back to the old format. Which I did. But this time all of a sudden here's this new format, and no way to reset it to the old one.

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2019 2:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!