Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Marvel's Shang-Chi

[quote]Canadian actor Simu Liu, who is best known for his role on the CBC sitcom Kim's Convenience, has been cast to star in Marvel Studios' Shang-Chi, playing the titular character. Also joining the movie will be Crazy Rich Asians star Awkwafina and veteran actor Tony Leung.

Tony Leung is a surprise to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2019 5:56 PM

I'm actually shocked they didn't go with Henry Golding

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2019 5:07 PM

Excited for this one.

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2019 5:08 PM

I'm excited about this one and the new Dr Strange movie the most. Don't care about the rest.

This will be what Iron First should have been.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2019 5:14 PM

Meanwhile, the announcement has provoked racism controversy in China.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2019 5:18 PM

"Also joining the movie will be Tony Leung."

Talk about burying the lede! Leung is one of the greatest actors working today. I know nothing about Shang-Chi but I'll probably see this now. I've seen most of Leung's regrettable Hong Kong movies, why not his regrettable Hollywood movie?

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2019 5:40 PM

In The Mood For Love was a good movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2019 5:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!