Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Oh Canada

I just returned from Canada and noticed that Canadians are very strict and rules based. I did notice this on previous visits to Toronto and Vancouver but it really struck me this time. And even though pot is legal they have dogs at the baggage claim sniffing for drugs! Did you know in Canada you have to have a hamburger well-done? There is no other option. Just some weird observations from a recent visit to Halifax which otherwise was a nice city.

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2019 11:54 PM

Did you know I have had a medium rare burger and great steak tattare in Montreal and have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2019 4:32 PM

Did you know that most smugglers are not trying to bring in weed, but rather much stronger and profitable drugs like cocaine? Hence the dogs at airports.

Did you know Canadians generally follow rules for the benefit of all, rather than all your live free or die bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2019 5:25 PM

I always feel like I'm going to get scolded or yelled at in Canada. I do like the fact that they never coast in the passing lane.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2019 5:28 PM

Sure, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2019 5:31 PM

Canada is the perfect country for lesbians. You have to constantly respect boundaries while you're there.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2019 5:34 PM

Individual rules may be irritating to individuals, but they serve the purpose of greater good for the country as a whole, just like anywhere. But yeah, we have a rule for everything.

Is it a very exciting place to live? No. Is it generally safe and friendly place to live? Yes. As a kid, it seemed boring to live here, but as an adult looking at the levels of turmoil elsewhere in the world, even next door, I'm happier than I've even been to live here.

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2019 5:34 PM

Not a lot of cut cocks there unless the guy is old. Seems like any dude under 40 is uncut.

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2019 6:02 PM

I heard Canadian men are better hung than there American cousins?

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2019 6:45 PM

R6 OP here. I get what you are saying and appreciate it. I spent a week there and the people were lovely. I really do like our Canadian friends. They take recycling really seriously too which I applaud. I really liked Halifax too, it was a nice small city.

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2019 6:47 PM

"I always feel like I'm going to get scolded or yelled at in Canada. I do like the fact that they never coast in the passing lane. "

It's not Germany.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2019 6:48 PM

^referring to the scolding not the coasting.

by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2019 6:49 PM

Rules of order create a functioning society based on good for all. The US has levels of rules and laws depending on how rich, how entitled, how white, how educated you are and where you live. England used to be that way. It's how many people could get along on a small island. But now, they've been trumped as well.

by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2019 6:52 PM

I'm old (55) and I hate that America is becoming so "whatever" about stuff.

That's the way people are raising their kids. That rules don't apply to them. When you have a whole town where the rules don't apply, you have chaos. You have serious drug addiction too

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2019 7:05 PM

Air miles always with the air miles!!

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2019 11:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!