Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Campaign Sells Plastic Straws To Own The Libs

Quartz reports:

People feel strongly about straws, and US president Donald Trump is here to capitalize on that. “Liberal paper straws don’t work,” tweeted Trump’s campaign, with a link to purchase a pack of 10 red plastic straws emblazoned with Trump’s name for $15.

If you think all that’s outrageous about a $1.50 plastic straw is the price, think again.

For environmentalists, plastic straws have become a potent symbol for the toxic and persistent scourge of single-use plastic—an everyday item that can be easily eliminated from use, not unlike the plastic bag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 23, 2019 8:58 PM

Deplorables who buy the Magat straws deserve to part with their money.

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2019 3:01 PM

morons gonna mor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2019 3:03 PM

Sure, just beat up Mother Earth!

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2019 3:05 PM

"Owning" anyone is ludicrous. They just sound like they're a bunch of deplorable delinquents.

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2019 3:05 PM

I hope a twister or Hurricane comes knocking on their door! It's what they deserve.

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2019 3:07 PM

for those disappointed with the abolition of slavery, "owning" is far from ludicrous

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2019 3:07 PM

I think it's ridiculous that we have to ask for straws now, as if we don't have more important things to be worrying about in the state of California. It's just another of a long line of inconveniences we have to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2019 3:16 PM

The straw thing is actually a good gimmick. Styrofoam cups and “re-usable” cloth or plastic shopping bags may be more real threats. Styrofoam is not readily recyclable and reusable bags have to be reused many times over to be of any real help. The plastic straw is the current “snail darter”

by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2019 3:17 PM

What I don't get is how most restaurants in Cali won't give you any straws now, not even paper ones.

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2019 3:22 PM

I'd rather see our government take on the homeless problem and disease prevention.

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2019 3:22 PM

Where are these straws made?

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2019 3:27 PM

They just prove what assholes THEY are.

Fuck those assholes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2019 3:28 PM

[quote] “Liberal paper straws don’t work,” tweeted Trump’s campaign

Well, they do work, but you just have to drink fast (before the paper material gets soggy and mushy). So just ask for a spare one in case the first one deteriorates too quickly.

The bamboo ones are superior. And bamboo is easily available because it grows so fast. But I guess they’re more expensive for most companies to stock.

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2019 3:30 PM

It's an easy solution not to use them when you see the harm they do by throwing them around in the environment. What did the poor babies do before the plastic shit came around? Fuck assholes who whine about the paper ones. They use wax to stiffen them. They work. Asshole deplorables fucking suck and they're right....it does piss this liberal off.

Why cause more suffering when it is SOOOOOO fucking simple not to? To piss other people off? What the fuck are you, a three year old?

by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2019 3:31 PM

And would somebody please make a meme of turtle head Bitch McConnell with tRumps plastic straws sticking out of its' nose?

A picture is worth a thousand words. TIA

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2019 3:32 PM

Paper straws do not work when I'm trying to eat my oatmeal.

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2019 4:09 PM

Anything to do with saving the environment, including recycling, is a trigger for the deplorables. My Trump-voting family members complain about separating their garbage, owing a fuel-efficient car, wind power (those ugly towers), public transportation, and don't even mention climate change. I can't believe we're related.

Does Fox feed these people an anti-environment message and relate it to being liberal?

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2019 4:11 PM

This is just Exhibit Z423 of the petty ignorant bullshit that forms the foundations of conservative thought and Trump support.

The cruelty is the point. They have no faith or trust in science, reason, or facts, and THEY SIMPLY DO NOT CARE about anything or anyone that isn't directly connected to themselves. They don't CARE if the oceans are dying, rivers are being choked with pollution and trash... it's not DIRECTLY affecting them THIS MINUTE, so they DO NOT CARE. Never mind that they'll suffer in the long run, they have no concept of "the long run" or indirect consequences.

Their ONLY goal is to prop themselves up by tearing others down. Period.

These people are sub-human monsters, they represent EVERYTHING that is wrong with humanity, and the world would be so much better off without any of them. They are just the worst, pure evil, disgusting, hateful, bigoted, ignorant, terrible failures of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2019 4:12 PM

R18 Aren't you the model of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2019 4:28 PM

Whatever keeps us from talking about him raping Epstein's kids.

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2019 4:31 PM

R19, learn the difference between action and reaction.

Hating Nazis doesn't make you a bigot.

Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice. Intolerance of intolerance is intelligence. "Tolerance" does not require coddling and tolerating hateful, violent, bigoted bullies and psychopaths.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2019 4:41 PM

R21 It's not that people don't care about helping the environment, it's that they reserve their outrage for things that has more immediate consequences. We can't expect to do our part while those in power completely ignore more immediate crises such as the housing shortage, disease outbreaks, growing debt that threatens to destroy our life savings, etc. You seem to get worked up over straws, but you seem only interested in holding only one political party accountable.

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2019 8:30 PM

[quote]People feel strongly about straws,

That is so fucking insane.

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2019 8:37 PM

[quote] They don't CARE if the oceans are dying, rivers are being choked with pollution and trash...

Most people don’t actually care. Because big personal sacrifices need to be made in order to actually make a significant difference. But those sacrifices are often just too shocking for many people. E.g. to help decrease the speed of global warming, we’d be wise to get rid of all the farty methane cows (cruel, I know, but humanity’s survival might be at stake) and go vegetarian or at least give up beef. But what % of the population is currently vegetarian for environmental reasons? Exactly.

In order to drastically decrease fuel emissions we’d be wise to at least stop buying goods delivered from faraway / abroad (by tanker and airplane) and go for local alternatives instead - because the fuel emissions of big tankers & planes can be enormous. But what % of the population stopped buying Apple products conveniently delivered to their doorstep all the way from China, half a world away? Exactly.

Banning straws is just a band-aid. For significant climate & ecological safety, we’ll need to re-think our whole easy-home-delivery lifestyle. Review (and give up) many of our beloved consumer habits & foreign-made brands (having stuff delivered to us by a fleet of fuel-guzzling trucks and tankers). E.g. the northern hemisphere now already became used to having exotic almost-fresh fruit & berries flown in & delivered to them all winter (X from Kenya, Y from Thailand): kiwis, pineapples, etc. They might have to give a lot of that delicious stuff up and stick to local, more limited winter / greenhouse-grown alternatives.

Stuff like that usually unsettled people because it entails bigger individual sacrifices than they thought.

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2019 8:50 PM

Trumpism is about trolling and pissing off the elite and pointy-headed godless liberals just to spite them

by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2019 9:01 PM

Strange that we have a "4Ocean" thread as well and an anti ecology thread on the same day. Same guy trying to stir up shit?

by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2019 9:06 PM

R22, do you realize how utterly stupid that is?

That is lame even for a justification/rationalization.

And don't pretend these Trumpsters mocking libs want to fix any of those other problems either.

Seriously, what is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2019 12:17 AM

[quote]but you seem only interested in holding only one political party accountable.

Only one political party is blocking any action on any of those things you mention. Only one party is CAUSING all the problems we're experiencing.

Only one party is responsible, and only that party isn't being held accountable.

Even you are trying to weasel out of trying to hold Republicans accountable by trying to shift blame to Democrats, or by trying to engage in false equivalencies.

by Anonymousreply 28July 22, 2019 12:19 AM

The whole environmental thing (let's turn everyone vegan, let's ban everything) is a losing issue for Democrats in the US.

by Anonymousreply 29July 22, 2019 1:05 PM

(rolling eyes at R29)

Why yes, let's just let the human race go extinct.

by Anonymousreply 30July 22, 2019 2:43 PM

R30 is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 31July 22, 2019 3:16 PM

Stupid statement 29

by Anonymousreply 32July 22, 2019 3:22 PM

CVS turned to “reusable” bags for 5¢ In MA recently. I usually go to the store unplanned, so I never bring them, and always buy the bags. They are smaller and stiffer than the old bags.

My point is, I used to reuse the old bags at home for various things, and these new bags go right in the garbage. What is other people’s experience?

by Anonymousreply 33July 22, 2019 3:30 PM

R33 throwing those bags in a landfill is a choice, not an experience.

Your are choosing to destroy the planet, cut it out.

by Anonymousreply 34July 22, 2019 4:25 PM

Sound like the win for the libs. The straws being sold are the reusable, and that what the libs prefer, so thanks!

by Anonymousreply 35July 22, 2019 6:48 PM

R33, my experience is that I'm not a fucking idiot, and I keep the bags in the car, so they're always with me when I need them, so I never need to buy more, and re-use them all the time.

by Anonymousreply 36July 23, 2019 12:34 AM

Wow, I sure feel "owned".

This is about as smart as burning down your house to "own" the fire department.

Deplorables are so fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 37July 23, 2019 12:51 AM

Yes, yes they are, R37

by Anonymousreply 38July 23, 2019 12:52 AM

R36, I live in a city and stop into CVS when I am walking by. Storing the bags in the car won’t help. Are you sure you’re not a fucking idiot?

by Anonymousreply 39July 23, 2019 12:54 AM

No, that would be teh guy who walks to CVS without knowing he's walking to CVS, and who keeps buying reusable bags and throwing them away because he always forgets to reuse them.

I'm not the idiot here just because I can't read your mind. YOU'RE the idiot because you can't even plan for the simplest of things.

by Anonymousreply 40July 23, 2019 1:03 AM

[quote]"Owning" anyone is ludicrous. They just sound like they're a bunch of deplorable delinquents.

Their brains are colonized by Fox News. They see outrage after outrage committed by the sneery, preachy, out of touch Left and they are told that these libs represent everything wrong with America. These libs ... are the enemy of what it really means to be American.

The result? You have multiple generations of middle American white people whose primary goal is, and I’m not kidding here, to upset liberals. This is why they were so incredibly thrilled that Trump’s freak victory made so many people lose their shit. They take to social media solely to upset liberals. We have many of them here, of course. Instagram in overrun with middle American white teen trolls.

Welcome to Fox’s America.

Until we have laws like the Canadians prohibiting propaganda in journalism, don’t expect any of this to change.

by Anonymousreply 41July 23, 2019 1:11 AM

R40, no, you’re the “idiot” for making the judgmental use of the accusation “idiot” first,when it wasn’t necessary.

by Anonymousreply 42July 23, 2019 3:03 AM

You're right, it wasn't necessary. It was stating the obvious. You're a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 43July 23, 2019 3:22 AM

Thank you, R43.

by Anonymousreply 44July 23, 2019 3:48 AM

Girls, girls, you’re ALL idiots!

by Anonymousreply 45July 23, 2019 4:35 AM

Reusable straws? Bwahahahahahaha.....so much for owning anything. Stupid assholes. If I see one being used I'll be sure to thank them on behalf of sea turtles and the environment. I may even make up a nice little card with a smiley face for just such an occasion, that way I'll be halfway down the block by the time they realize the mockery....if they do.

by Anonymousreply 46July 23, 2019 4:04 PM

Just a thought, there are nice little reusable bags you can store in your pocket or backpack or computer bag. They even have little clips to hang on a zipper. When you have an impromptu trip to CVS or other, you can just unfold the bag to use.

I know there are daunting world problems, but if we all can individually rethink our dependence on convience plastics (single use) we can start changing. Truthfully, I'd rather try to make a difference than lament that we are too late and everything's doomed. I may be optimistic, but god dammit, I'm going down trying to be better.

by Anonymousreply 47July 23, 2019 7:55 PM

Thanks, R47.

Actually, my CVS reusable bag gripe would be remedied if the bag was a bit larger. It should be large enough to line a small garbage pail, like a bathroom garbage pail. Instead, they made it smaller than their old bags for some reason. They also look and feel dirty. Very dirty. It’s a feature.

About things like this, you have to make it convenient to get people to switch and become accustomed to being responsible.

I keep a bag of bags in the closet, as the old style is good for various things.

by Anonymousreply 48July 23, 2019 8:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!