Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

AMC's 'Preacher' Season 4

Fourth and final season arrives (with a two-episode double feature) on August 4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 14, 2019 7:49 PM

Delish! can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2019 6:39 PM

First two episodes are out now. What did you think?

I was just eating a sausage when they showed that bloody bucket full of foreskins... 🤢 Poor Cassidy. And I can't believe Herr Starr is pleased with his new ear, made out of said foreskins. Dude, you look like a dog!

Joe Gilgun remains one sexy chav.

by Anonymousreply 2August 3, 2019 12:09 PM

Kinda disappointed by the lack of bum and bulge from Cooper. They should have padded him in the back and he should have taken care of the front.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 3, 2019 2:02 PM

The excessive use of green screen felt really naff, as did the stop motion intro to episode 2. It’s lost its magic I think. Cheap and nasty. It’s a shame HBO never picked it up - the show has incredible potential.

by Anonymousreply 4August 5, 2019 1:34 AM

I only thought Cooper looked good in "The Devil's Double".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 5, 2019 1:39 AM

Aw, I loved that stop motion animation intro. Didn't notice much green screen except in that one Saint of Killers scene, and I'm usually the first one to complain about that. Perhaps I wasn't paying enough attention.

It's the first season that's shot entirely in Australia, so maybe it feels a little off because of that. I had no idea where preacher was located when he was wandering around in his socks. It said Middle East, though it looked Australian but also American at the same time? That was confusing.

I hope Cassidy does something truly awful to that torturer guy. Am I imagining it or was that actor also playing Allfather?

by Anonymousreply 6August 5, 2019 1:42 AM

All that trouble for a bony-assed Irish vampire? I'd hitch a ride on a plane to Australia, too, then fuck the pilot mid-air.

by Anonymousreply 7August 5, 2019 6:36 AM

he may be bony-assed, but the sweetest vampire ever!

by Anonymousreply 8August 5, 2019 12:23 PM

He really is such a gentle soul. I'm going to miss his character the most, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 9August 5, 2019 12:27 PM

Poop - it's why dinosaurs vanished.

by Anonymousreply 10August 5, 2019 12:55 PM

I thought at first God was offended by the mountain of poop. But no, it just kept going... the eating of the poop and then belching directly into his face. You know what, I'd be pretty pissed in his place as well.

I didn't understand the very last scene with God and that model plane, though.

by Anonymousreply 11August 5, 2019 12:58 PM

I see Gilgun is in this new TV series called Brassic on Sky One. All six episodes are out August 22.

Also featuring that sexy Irish fucker Damien Molony (Crashing, Being Human). And Dominic Cooper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 5, 2019 1:05 PM

Look at the state of them. I swear Gilgun was born to play chavs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 5, 2019 1:06 PM

*Dominic WEST, not Cooper, sorry!

by Anonymousreply 14August 5, 2019 1:06 PM

Does anyone know what model those white cars in that epic car chase were? I feel like I was missing a joke because I'm not into cars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 5, 2019 4:35 PM

I'm going to miss this gross show so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 5, 2019 4:36 PM

Fiat, r15?

by Anonymousreply 17August 5, 2019 4:58 PM

r17 Thanks, that narrows it down. They looked so goofy, going against Tulips' 1972 Chevelle Sedan. And that gag at the end where Featherstone forgets to engage the handbrake when going uphill... hysterical. I actually almost failed my driving test because of that once, but I came back from it victorious.

How did she manage to get that car all the way to the Middle East, though?

by Anonymousreply 18August 5, 2019 5:10 PM

that car apparently "drives" of water! another miracle!

speaking of which: foreskin ears!

by Anonymousreply 19August 5, 2019 5:36 PM

[quote]speaking of which: foreskin ears!

Starr is so bizarre. What kind of a sick fuck looks into a mirror and finds that to be a satisfying ear reconstruction? I wonder what it'll look like when it heals, especially combined with the penis gash on his head.

And those foreskin bits in the bucket were so huge, I wonder if they were shaving the skin off Cassidy's entire stem? So gross.

by Anonymousreply 20August 5, 2019 5:48 PM

I thought he was eating calamari. In the desert!

by Anonymousreply 21August 5, 2019 9:11 PM

Very nice R5. Very nice.

by Anonymousreply 22August 5, 2019 9:14 PM

r21 Were those not onion rings, and he got inspired by looking at them?

Please tell me those were onion rings.

by Anonymousreply 23August 5, 2019 9:17 PM

Kali-Mary!

by Anonymousreply 24August 5, 2019 9:21 PM

if those were vampire foreskins he was eating, he'll have hella erections! (but only at night)

by Anonymousreply 25August 5, 2019 10:20 PM

So Cass gets flown regularly from the Middle East to Bensonhurst, Brooklyn to get his foreskin removed for rich people face cream? The geography and the time scales are all over the place this season. Kudos to them for trying to make Australia look like Ireland; definitely didn't notice that eucalyptus tree in the background.

Herr Starr's foreskin ear is starting to fester and ooze. Something tells me that cartilage isn't going to take. 🤢

Gilgun looked beautiful in period clothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 10, 2019 11:50 AM

I can't believe they got away with this gloryhole gag, Jesus Christ.

On the other hand, his face has been screaming for a gloryhole joke for four seasons now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 12, 2019 2:56 PM

Damn, that was a good episode (Cass' neck pop!), but I'm still seeing negative reviews from those who are familiar with the source material. I think I'll check that out once the show ends.

That actor who plays Jesus finally got his hot moment.

by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2019 1:30 PM

Lean Tyson Ritter. I just learned looking at his Insta that he's married to Elena Satine. Small world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 19, 2019 1:48 PM

poor Frankie. but Cas promised to shove a gun up his ass!

by Anonymousreply 30August 19, 2019 3:07 PM

OMG god took it to penishead! the dingo ate my....

by Anonymousreply 31September 2, 2019 3:12 AM

Truly the best episode of the season. Hitler and Jesus trading homosexuals for death bed conversions, wacky Melbourne and wacky Australian police officers with crazy OTT accents, New Zealand preparing for war with Australia, the New Jersey accent on Abraham in the opening skit, Canis lupus dingo... it just goes on and on.

And most importantly, Joe Gilgun's new look with the bleached hair that goes perfectly with his eyebrows, and finally an adult person's wardrobe. And that American accent made me rock hard. Jesus Christ, I want to have his kids so bad. 😍

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 2, 2019 3:25 AM

and that children is how i lost an eye.

by Anonymousreply 33September 2, 2019 7:34 PM

Jessie in heaven, no, hell....

and god back to the dog suit!

another Hooper down!

by Anonymousreply 34September 9, 2019 3:49 AM

This show is completely disgusting, and it's no wonder why it got cancelled.

Nobody wants to watch this shit.

It's vulgar and not in the least bit funny.

I watched the entire first season and loved it.

Fast forward to season four, and I cannot even sit through an entire episode. The show has strayed so fucking far from where it started.

The writers think they are so clever and witty, but they are so NOT.

And before you haters start piling on me, consider that I must not be alone in how I feel about this show, otherwise it wouldn't be getting cancelled. Would it?

by Anonymousreply 35September 9, 2019 5:49 AM

That quick silent montage towards the beginning of the latest episode was some of the most comics-like thing I've ever seen on TV or in the movies. It literally looked comic book panels coming to life. Loved the Williamsburg adventures, and that some junior officer was undercover investigating this worldwide conspiracy.

r35 It got four seasons, which is nothing to scoff at. If people hated it, it wouldn't have gotten a second season. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 36September 9, 2019 10:36 AM

This is the most insane season ever and I kinda love it.

by Anonymousreply 37September 14, 2019 7:35 PM

Yeah, it's nuts. And honestly, Starr is kinda the standout; his origin story killed me!

Though I thought this eighth episode was the series finale and I kept wondering how they were going to tie it all together in those last five minutes. I was then pleasantly surprised to discover it has two more episodes to wrap things up. Phew!

by Anonymousreply 38September 14, 2019 7:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!