Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Here are some of the celebrity donors of Pete Buttigieg

Jennifer Aniston

Ellen Degeneres

Michael Douglas

Barbra Streisand

Gwyneth Paltrow

Alyssa Milano

Ryan Reynolds

Mandy Moore

John Stamos

Kevin Bacon

Anna Wintour

Tom Ford

Portia de Rossi

Michael J. Fox

Frances McDormand

Matt Bomer

Ryan Murphy

Katy Perry

Orlando Bloom

Brad Falchuk

Sean Hayes

Caroline Kennedy

Ryan Murphy

Sarah Silverman

Ted Danson

Sharon Stone

George Takei

Cooper Hefner

Larry David

Jeffrey Katzenberg

Marilyn Katzenberg

Bradley Whitford

Rob Reiner

Martin Sheen

Billy Eichner

Joan Jett

David Geffen

Gina Gershon

Michael Stipe

Jane Lynch

Andy Cohen

Karamo

Tig Notaro

Jason Bateman

Sean Hayes

Chelsea Handler

Ben Platt

by Anonymousreply 51August 1, 2019 8:50 PM

[quote]Orlando Bloom

You know what? I just might check out that new neo-noir fantasy show of his now.

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2019 6:21 PM

The same list who donated to Beto.

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2019 6:22 PM

r2 There's some overlap as with some other candidates not just Beto, sure, but it's not exactly the same list.

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2019 6:25 PM

R3, the Beto point was it's not an asset to have Hollywood support.

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2019 6:26 PM

r4 It's an asset to have a big haul right off the bat if you're a new name, regardless of where that money is coming from. Otherwise, we'd only have senators and former VPs running for the highest office, and that would suck.

And Warren had the highest Silicon Valley haul of them all, so we'll see how helpful that will be to her.

by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2019 6:29 PM

I have given to Warren, Orourke, Biden, Buttigieg and Swalwell campaigns. I am sure these celebs are also supporting multiple candidates.

by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2019 6:32 PM

Yes, Katzenberg gave to 14 of them, for example, which is the maximum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2019 6:35 PM

Now that the great minds of our time have spoken, I've completely changed my opinion: instead of Warren, I'll vote for Buttigieg!

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2019 6:37 PM

FF OP for fucking up the board with this long ass list.

by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2019 6:38 PM

It's not like they can donate millions, r5. There's a limit on individual donations to candidates and it's tiny.

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2019 6:39 PM

r8 Stop being obtuse. Pete didn't have an established donor network and the $10 million of Martha's Vineyard money from his Massachusetts senate campaign that he could cosily roll into his presidential campaign. People - celebs and otherwise - like to support the underdog, at least in the very beginning.

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2019 6:40 PM

r10 I agree but in people's eyes, both Hollywood and the Silicon Valley are The Devil, even though they're comprised of real people with their own political views. It's the same as expecting the athletes to be completely apolitical robots.

by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2019 6:42 PM

Business loss tax write off

by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2019 10:54 PM

2016 Bernie supporter David Crosby endorses Pete. đź‘€

[quote]But a half-century later, Crosby is as unapologetically uncensored as ever — even giving his 2020 election endorsement to Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg.

[quote]“My favorite is Mayor Pete. I love the guy. He’s the smartest man I’ve ever seen in politics ever, of all. He’s smarter than all the rest of them put together,” Crosby says while sitting with Crowe at Yahoo Entertainment. “He’s brilliant, and he’s honest, and he’s dedicated, and he’s brave. Do you know how much guts it takes to go in the military when you’re gay? Volunteer and go because you think you ought to, you don’t want to be a privileged guy and get excused? Do you know what kind of morals it takes to do that? Yeah, I want him to be president. I really want him to be president. … Most politicians will turn around and tell you anything that you want to hear, to get you on their side, and then do completely other stuff when they get in there. Mayor Pete, I think, would not do that.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 24, 2019 1:22 AM

r14 I heard Olivia de Havilland is going to endorse Pete - and possibly Dick Van Dyke. This should rocket Pete to fourth place.

by Anonymousreply 15July 24, 2019 1:27 AM

Hilarious Kamala fan remains hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 16July 24, 2019 1:29 AM

Well fuck! If Joan Jett supports him I’m in!

by Anonymousreply 17July 24, 2019 1:29 AM

Black Twitter will surely cancel Karamo

by Anonymousreply 18July 24, 2019 1:30 AM

r18 More like the white showbiz gays. Black Twitter has already cancelled him after he said he doesn't like using the n-word to refer to other black people.

by Anonymousreply 19July 24, 2019 1:31 AM

The list of celebrities really turns me off from him.

by Anonymousreply 20July 24, 2019 1:33 AM

I talked to Mama in a dream lasht night and she said she endorshes Pete, so I’m in, too!

by Anonymousreply 21July 24, 2019 1:35 AM

I really like Beto O'Rourke. He's smart and has a good grasp and understanding of the issues. Beto is also a nearly 10 years older than Pete, who I like; however, I just cannot see the country voting for a 37-year old. Pete is just too young.

by Anonymousreply 22July 24, 2019 1:39 AM

I think Pete’s age is a plus. And he’s blazingly intelligent. Beto probably has a bigger dick, but I like Pete.

by Anonymousreply 23July 24, 2019 1:40 AM

Beto has exactly zero executive experience. Age and crotchfruit alone do not executive experience make.

by Anonymousreply 24July 24, 2019 1:42 AM

You can’t tell me that when Beto was wearing dresses in his punk rock days that he didn’t swing both ways a few times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 24, 2019 1:50 AM

Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 24, 2019 1:55 AM

Gwyneth Paltrow? I might have to rethink my support.

by Anonymousreply 27July 24, 2019 2:17 AM

[quote] The list of celebrities really turns me off from him.

Your stupid post really turns me off from you.

by Anonymousreply 28July 24, 2019 2:28 AM

[bold]How Pete Buttigieg Became a Fundraising Star in Hollywood[/bold]

[quote]He will return to Los Angeles on July 25 for a series of fundraisers, including a lunch hosted by former Ambassador Nicole Avant, wife of Netflix content chief Ted Sarandos. In the evening, he’ll be at the home of NBCUniversal international chairman Kevin MacLellan, along with co-hosts Ellen DeGeneres, Sean Hayes and Chelsea Handler.

[quote]Many of his supporters are hedging their bets, giving to Biden, Harris, Sen. Elizabeth Warren and other campaigns as well.

[quote]“People are taking a wait-and-see attitude,” says casting director Tammy Billik, who is co-hosting a Buttigieg fundraiser at the home of Ease Entertainment Services partners Mike Rose and Ruben Rodriguez, also on July 25. “Whether it’s Biden or Kamala or Warren or Pete, everybody wants to see who rises up there. Everybody is going to get behind that person.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 25, 2019 12:40 PM

I think we have a great selection of candidates. I'd be excited to vote for many of them and will definitely vote for whomever get the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 30July 25, 2019 12:45 PM

Mandy Moore? WHET to her? Someone create a thread on her!

by Anonymousreply 31July 25, 2019 12:47 PM

Why should I care about which candidates celebrities donate to? Am I really supposed to change my mind because Jennifer Aniston donated to someone?

A bunch of undereducated, overpaid, egotistical narcissists are not who I’m going to look to for political guidance.

by Anonymousreply 32July 25, 2019 12:50 PM

r32 Look at it as (confirmed) gossip, and seeing how DL is - among other things - a gossip board... Besides, people are nosy about what the loaded celebs put their money into.

Of course this shouldn't guide your political decisions, that's crazy.

by Anonymousreply 33July 25, 2019 12:53 PM

But what about Susan Dey?

by Anonymousreply 34July 25, 2019 12:57 PM

I think it would be shwell if Pete became my next hushband.

by Anonymousreply 35July 25, 2019 12:58 PM

R33 We are living in crazy times. I like this website a lot and if it’s just gossip I’m happy to gossip, but I am not impressed by celebrities who take very public political stances. Most of them are beyond ignorant.

I do like to look at their houses though. I’ve seen a house of Jennifer Aniston’s in architectural digest and I liked it very much.

by Anonymousreply 36July 25, 2019 12:59 PM

r36 I don't think these are necessarily public stances in most cases (yet), people just searched the big donors for famous names when the campaigns released their second quarter financial statements to the FEC recently. Pretty sure most would cringe at the thought of now being included in these public lists. But that's name recognition for you and comes with the fame.

I agree that celebs are mostly ignorant and dull, but they're still allowed to be as political as they want, just like athletes or us civilians. They just happen to have a lot more money to throw at whatever they want. As long as they're not throwing it at Trump and the GOP, I'm fine with it.

by Anonymousreply 37July 25, 2019 1:06 PM

OP, your list mentions Ryan Murphy twice.

Or are there 2 celebrity Ryan Murpys? Is he procreating by cellular division / binary fission?

by Anonymousreply 38July 25, 2019 2:26 PM

Feud: Ryan vs Ryan

by Anonymousreply 39July 25, 2019 10:08 PM

Emmy Rossum officially endorses Pete.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 1, 2019 8:11 PM

And Jamie Lee Curtis enjoyed his debate performance.

[quote]Debate results are in! Two nights. Twenty candidates. Courage + Plans + Smarts + Service + Clarity = @PeteButtigieg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 1, 2019 8:12 PM

Wow!! Jamie Lee Curtis! Now we're screwed!

by Anonymousreply 42August 1, 2019 8:22 PM

r42 = Roxann Dawson, butthurt

by Anonymousreply 43August 1, 2019 8:24 PM

The Evening Punctuationist and Randolf should both be on the list. Can internet influencers donate? Or does that violate some campaign finance law? I know it’s very complicated, I’ll wait.

by Anonymousreply 44August 1, 2019 8:27 PM

I would kill to see Larry David stumping for Mayor Pete.

by Anonymousreply 45August 1, 2019 8:27 PM

He should take a lesson from Hillary, stay the fuck away from rich, elite celebs. They will never be the ones to put someone in the WH. The people who give 5 bucks that they can hardly afford to give will be the ones. They're the ones any Democrat should be kissing up to.

by Anonymousreply 46August 1, 2019 8:28 PM

Who is Jerry Seinfeld endorsing?

by Anonymousreply 47August 1, 2019 8:28 PM

r44 It's not complicated at all - any individual who is a US citizen can donate. The only reason we have a list of celebs is because people searched for their names on the FEC lists of big donors for each candidate (max $2.800).

by Anonymousreply 48August 1, 2019 8:29 PM

r46 He's been doing grassroots events all over the country and had only one big fundraiser in L.A. in recent months, just like Kamala and Biden.

Bringing Hillary into this is ridiculous. Celebs endorsed Obama as well and he won. How do you explain that?

by Anonymousreply 49August 1, 2019 8:31 PM

Pete was in Ptown for the 4th. Was that grassroots? Hard to think of Ptown having any regular slobs these days.

by Anonymousreply 50August 1, 2019 8:48 PM

He has plenty of regular people all the time at his grassroots events. Ptown was ages ago when it comes to political campaigning.

by Anonymousreply 51August 1, 2019 8:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!