Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump clumsily trying to appeal to black voters by saving A$AP Rocky out of Swedish detention after Kanye and Kim request

And he proudly tweeted about it:

[quote]“Just spoke to@KanyeWest about his friend A$AP Rocky’s incarceration,” Trump tweeted Friday. “I will be calling the very talented Prime Minister of Sweden to see what we can do about helping A$AP Rocky. So many people would like to see this quickly resolved!”

Thank god there's nothing more important going on that needs his attention!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2019 8:06 PM

The very talented Prime Minister? what does he play the mandolin?

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2019 1:30 AM

The nyckelharpa, r1!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2019 1:31 AM

A$AP

Why are there so many rappers I've never heard of, with such stupid names?

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2019 3:49 AM

If this guy is in jail in Sweden, he deserves to be in jail. These European countries only give murderers 7 to 10 yrs in jail. They hate to make anyone go to jail

18 years used to be Sweden's maximum sentence. They considered that life in prison. But they felt that was way too much time for a killer to be spending in jail, so in 2007, the Swedish Supreme Court ruled that ten years in prison should overrule life imprisonment as the "general option" for premeditated murder. Since they usually have to serve 2/3 rds of their sentence, that's about 7 years

That guy in Norway (Anders Breivik ) who murdered 77 people only has to serve 21 years (99 days per person murdered). Normally he'd be allowed out after 6 years, but they are so fucking hard core that they are making him spend at least 10 years in prison ( only 47 days for each person he murdered). 21 years is Norway's maximum sentence, whether you kill 1 person or 1000

Fuck this stupid rapper, kim-the whore-kardashian, kanye-I'm out of my fucking mind- west and donald-i love the nazis- trump

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2019 5:35 AM

He's not even in jail really, he's being detained for questioning while they investigate because they see him as a flight risk (and he is). It's ridiculous that a US president is even involved in this and it's totally transparent that he's trying to appeal to black voters (and stupid white kids who love his music). I mean, he even said so in a followup interview. It's surreal.

by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2019 4:30 PM

And the Swedish pm responds as one would to a child:

Donald Trump tweeted Saturday morning that he had spoken to Swedish prime minister Stefan Löfven about springing rapper A$AP Rocky from jail where he is being held pending assault charges. “Just had a very good call with @SwedishPM Stefan Löfven who assured me that American citizen A$AP Rocky will be treated fairly. Likewise, I assured him that A$AP was not a flight risk and offered to personally vouch for his bail, or an alternative....” Löfven had said earlier Saturday that the rapper would not get special treatment even though President Trump has intervened on his behalf. Löfven on Saturday said that the president’s willingness to get involved was “certainly positive.” But he added, “I will explain that the Swedish judicial system is independent. In Sweden, everyone is equal before the law, and this includes visitors from other countries.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2019 5:29 PM

Yes, the Swedish PM contradicted Trump

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2019 5:31 PM

I love that our country has gone so far down the toilet that Kim and Kanye can just ring up POTUS for a favor.

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2019 5:38 PM

Why has Trump not posted what he thinks of the CATS! trailer?!

by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2019 6:09 PM

I’m sick to think of this piece of shit getting a standing ovation at whatever award show he first appears on.

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2019 8:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!