Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ballum ...it's a slow burn for Ben and Halfgay in BBC1's FugEnders

The inevitable happened, but people still want to talk about this gay relationship so let's try again.

Ben was self destructing in last night's episode, picking fights to distract himself from the painful anniversary of Paul's death.

by Anonymousreply 105August 14, 2019 7:43 PM

EastEnders star Max Bowden reveals when Ben and Callum's story will be revisited

"It's all going to come to loggerheads very soon."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2019 12:18 PM

Ben taking a good whiff of eau de cul de Keanu.

Dirty bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2019 1:34 PM

I hope and pray Keanu is killed off sooner rather than later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2019 7:12 PM

Hey fatty boom boom. Looks like Ben is enjoying the Elstree canteen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2019 8:02 PM

No he didn’t

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 2, 2019 7:03 AM

[QUOTE] hope and pray Keanu is killed off sooner rather than later.

He is a legacy character now. I think they'll keep him so there can be a fuss about the paternity of Sharon's kid.

by Anonymousreply 6August 3, 2019 7:55 AM

Keanu?! A legacy character?!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7August 3, 2019 2:34 PM

Ian is probably the only real legacy character left now that Dot is gone. Phil also, I guess. Ian goes back to the beginning. Cute kid and handsome in his 20s and 30s.

by Anonymousreply 8August 3, 2019 7:05 PM

Kathy, Sharon...

Dot is returning with Dotty next month.

by Anonymousreply 9August 3, 2019 7:26 PM

Callum is going to meet the mother of his biracial Army boyfriend this week.

by Anonymousreply 10August 3, 2019 7:56 PM

Did they just suddenly decide to drop this storyline with Callum and Ben.

Ben isn't a good choice for Callum, he's too freaking violent. I can picture Ben as this year's annual Christmas/New Year's unlucky murder victim.

The list of suspects will be very, very long.

by Anonymousreply 11August 3, 2019 10:56 PM

No, r11. I think they were wrapping up stories like Stacey leaving because of the actress's maternity leave before moving on to the next batch of stories. This month will build the story back up.

by Anonymousreply 12August 3, 2019 11:17 PM

Ben and Callum share a moment in a car, according to the latest trailer.

Then there’s Callum writing his vows, arguing with Whitney and his wedding to come.

Apparently the Ballum storyline will really kick off in early September.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2019 12:55 AM

Look at Dean Gaffney with these yung hotties

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2019 12:01 PM

And Steve McFadden taking the Mitchell boys to his villa and boat in Majorca.

All this could be yours Max Bowden if you stick with EE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2019 12:03 PM

Even "Phil" has better looking legs than "Jay" .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 16August 5, 2019 1:54 AM

Jay needs to steal food off Ben’s lunch tray at the Elstree Canteen!

Kate Oates must be PISSED that her new sexy gay boy has packed on the pounds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 5, 2019 3:50 AM

I've lost count on which threat to use .

by Anonymousreply 18August 5, 2019 4:20 AM

Ben’s got some moobs on him lol

by Anonymousreply 19August 5, 2019 5:16 AM

I sorta like the fat Ben.

by Anonymousreply 20August 5, 2019 8:11 AM

He thicc

by Anonymousreply 21August 5, 2019 9:06 AM

Instead of turning The Albert into a gay bar managed by a lesbian, Kathy should have turned Ronnie's gym into a gay crossfit box managed by Ben's old crush, Duncan (now out).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 5, 2019 9:08 AM

Wasn’t Kush a personal trainer?

by Anonymousreply 23August 5, 2019 10:13 AM

Or am I confusing him with CrossFitter Davood?

by Anonymousreply 24August 5, 2019 10:14 AM

So are we thinking Callum and Ben will fuck again before the wedding?

They must, surely.

by Anonymousreply 25August 5, 2019 10:17 AM

Karen Taylor was in Majorca as well. Is everyone on holiday for the week?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 5, 2019 10:43 AM

The memorial for Callum’s ex is next week, and the wedding is 2 weeks after that.

by Anonymousreply 27August 5, 2019 5:05 PM

I find it interesting that most people seem to think the guy is Callum's ex even though the spoilers don't refer to him that way and Callum himself said to Stuart that it was "Only Ben." It does seem pretty obvious that Chris, the "ex" was likely more to Callum than just a friend/former army mate and that there was a deeper relationship there, be it romantic and/or sexual. I can't wait to learn more about it.

by Anonymousreply 28August 5, 2019 5:40 PM

I have watched the Pride episode way too many times. After Stuart asked if there was anyone else, Callum left a significant pause before “only Ben”. Earlier on his father Jonno had intimated that Callum had some freaky friends, and that he loved hanging around the cadets. Perhaps Chris was with Callum at the cadets and they were each other’s first loves. Or maybe Chris’s sister Vicky had found love letters. Or perhaps they were in the same unit and had an intense though not physical relationship that the other soldiers have them shit about.

Whether or not Callum has done the deed with Chris, I think there must have been a strong personal attachment between them.

After that handhold on the day before pride, it’s pretty obvious (at least to me) that Callum is in love with Ben. So maybe when he replied “Only Ben” he meant that there’s no one he has felt a strongly both sexually and emotionally about as Ben. In any case, it would be hard to tell the truth to Stuart.

by Anonymousreply 29August 5, 2019 6:11 PM

Production has shut down for 2 weeks for summer break, just like they do over Christmas/New Year.

Ease off the carbs, Max.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 5, 2019 6:21 PM

Linda is savage!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 5, 2019 7:37 PM

Poor Ben. He’s realising no matter how much he cuts out the competition, the Mitchell’s don’t trust him.

Time is right for Callum to swoop in with a sympathetic blowie.

by Anonymousreply 32August 5, 2019 8:54 PM

More boring, pointless Patrick-Denise material over this Sherree character.

Ya man. We get it. Patrick's a veritable sex machine. BLECH.

And why is Ted still around?

After work, DCI Morgan should hit The Prince Albert and hook up with Tina. The actress has played a cool lesbian in the Welsh series, Keeping Faith.

And if Chris Kennedy's sister gives Halfwit some letters at the funeral, he can probably use what's written in them to form the basis of his wedding vows to Whitney. .. Problem solved .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 33August 5, 2019 9:20 PM

You're mean, r30. Mean, but right. I don't know what EE's wardrobe people are doing but it's certainly not helping out poor Max Bowden. That shirt he was wearing in the most recent episode was not doing him any favours. I though his stomach might pop out at any minute.

by Anonymousreply 34August 6, 2019 3:25 AM

I am assuming wardrobe bought this a few months ago before he pudged out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 6, 2019 4:00 AM

Povo thread

by Anonymousreply 36August 6, 2019 4:07 AM

A lot of actors fug up once they join the cast. Tiffany went from skinny to hefty too, but probably thinks she is fashionably thicc. I'm sure Patrick has brought a young wife home before. Dry roasted Denise needs to back off or she'll be back on the streets eating out of bins.

Max actually looks thinner in these Mallorca pics, with a trace of abs. Hopefully Oates ordered him to slim down.

by Anonymousreply 37August 6, 2019 8:47 AM

I never figured out why the Foxes live with Patrick. They’re not related. It’s literally because they are all black.

by Anonymousreply 38August 6, 2019 2:23 PM

Phil heard everything and Phil gon’ be pissed.

Poor Ben. Your father doesn’t love you, he treats you like shit, so kick him out of the Arches and start living for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 39August 6, 2019 7:01 PM

Agreed, r39. I'm really over Ben's daddy issues. Phil sucks and he should acknowledge that and move on.

by Anonymousreply 40August 6, 2019 8:47 PM

R40 Especially when they just keep rehashing the same material, because they've recast the Ben role again, and think they need to re-establish the "dynamic" or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 41August 6, 2019 9:43 PM

Looks like Ben is still attached, throwing a party for Phil. Hopefully it ends in tears and Ben will turn to Callum.

His whole conversation with Jay was lovely, because Jay was supporting him, but bullshit. Someone who loves you doesn’t treat you the way Phil treats Ben.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 7, 2019 2:36 AM

If Ben's gonna keep packing on the pounds, at least get him a wardrobe that fits. Maybe he should hire:[italic]

🚴 Keanu & Keegan Personal Trainers, LLC.

by Anonymousreply 43August 7, 2019 1:13 PM

I was half expecting Jay and Ben to start making out. Hot!

by Anonymousreply 44August 7, 2019 1:30 PM

If Ben needs a new Daddy, there’s always Jack. He’d make him work out and everything!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 7, 2019 8:03 PM

Neither of them are that hot, R44. The angry one is a chubster, and the thin one is downright ghoulish looking.

by Anonymousreply 46August 7, 2019 8:08 PM

I like thicc Ben as I don’t mind a chubster, but wardrobe must hate Max Bowden for going full Sharon since starting on the show as they’ve clearly not bought him new clothes.

by Anonymousreply 47August 7, 2019 9:51 PM

Spoilers for next week.

After all the bad sex and otherwise disinterest from Callum you’d think the penny would drop for Whit but noooo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 7, 2019 10:27 PM

Ben's fortunate to have at least one parent who supports him. And it's not like Kathy won't leave him something to hm in her will. Seemed like Kathy bought the bar and made it gay with Ben in mind. Plus, she owns the caf as well. He owns the arches, and is in business with Jay at the car lot.

by Anonymousreply 49August 7, 2019 11:34 PM

Next to Sharon, Ben's just a tubbette.

by Anonymousreply 50August 8, 2019 1:25 AM

Ben, Phil, Martin, & Mick are the Walford Teletubbies.

by Anonymousreply 51August 8, 2019 1:47 AM

Digital Spy needs to reconsider the meaning of "HUGE".

by Anonymousreply 52August 8, 2019 7:51 AM

Max Bowden has a double chin, which isn't a good look on someone cast to transform fugly Ben into a cool, sexy gay villain like a character in a Jake Arnott novel.

Tiffany, Bernie, Sharon, Kat, Karen and Kim are all lard queens too. Even Habiba has packed on the pounds recently. There doesn't seem to be much of a happy medium for FugEnders characters. Raine, Shirley, Ruby, Jean and Denise are skeletal. Linda looks 55, not 40.

Whitney, Honey and Iqra look okay.

by Anonymousreply 53August 8, 2019 8:07 AM

Ben is hot even with the blub. He seems like he’s throw a mean fuck. He needs to hit the gym and hit the tanning beds, though.

Callum has gained weight as well. For he and Ben and Habiba, the young actors probably couldn’t afford to spend money on food before EastEnders so I can kind of understand them packing on the pounds now they have actual money.

by Anonymousreply 54August 8, 2019 9:07 AM

Ian is fit fat!

by Anonymousreply 55August 8, 2019 12:49 PM

R53 This Ben is fugly , Harry Reid was not .

by Anonymousreply 56August 8, 2019 3:14 PM

Tiffany has dropped pounds and looks really good.

by Anonymousreply 57August 8, 2019 3:25 PM

Tiffany is celebrating her pear shape in all those leopard print leggings.

Harry Reid looked like an accountant.

by Anonymousreply 58August 8, 2019 6:06 PM

Ahahaha! Isn’t this biddy too old to be bothering the cast in the Elstree parking lot?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 8, 2019 6:22 PM

R55 Ian was fit fat about 40 pounds ago.

by Anonymousreply 60August 8, 2019 6:36 PM

Too many Walfordites work in bars and restaurants. Too many that don't spend a lot of time in bares and restaurants. Breakfast at Kathy's, lunch at the Vic, and dinner at Walfordites East. Then there's the fish & chip shops, the fried chicken shack, hot potatoes, and the Mini Mart. Ant then there's Sharon, whose always cooking and eating enough for two or three.

Would you like a glass of wine or three with your meal?

by Anonymousreply 61August 9, 2019 2:01 AM

I think the younger actors all sit round between takes, gorging at the Elstree Studios' canteen. Max looked a lot hotter in Waterloo Road.

by Anonymousreply 62August 9, 2019 3:36 AM

At least their's kush.

by Anonymousreply 63August 9, 2019 7:53 AM

I can’t for the life of me work out why a bunch of late teen/early 20s girls would stan Kat Slater.

Jessie Wallace is a great actress. But.

Maybe she reminds them of the mother they never had, and they fantasise a mother is actually a boozy slutty aunt?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 9, 2019 9:49 AM

Instead of a heart attack. Mick's medical story should center around surgery for gynecomastia.

I mean, standing next to Bex, his moobs really stuck out.

I think cisgender male getting breast reduction would probably be a soap opera first.

by Anonymousreply 65August 9, 2019 8:33 PM

A Johnny mention on Friday ...

And thinking about it - Johnny really should be at Whitney's wedding. They were good mates, and isn't he just over in Manchester? .. Surely he could take a day/weekend off to attend his friend's wedding. With Mick having some health issue, he should come see his parents anyway.

It would be a good time introduce a hot, more confident Jonathan. He could be another one who notices Ben getting all bothered about Halfwit .. and/or Ben could try to make Callum jealous by flirting and making a play for Johnny at the stag do, since he and Johnny have hooked-up before.

by Anonymousreply 66August 9, 2019 10:01 PM

Are they going to invite Lee. If Mick is cardiovascularly challenged, he really should be there.

by Anonymousreply 67August 10, 2019 12:01 AM

Pam Coker is returning for a stint, as is Stuart’s daughter Zara.

by Anonymousreply 68August 10, 2019 12:25 AM

[QUOTE] Pam Coker is returning for a stint, as is Stuart’s daughter Zara.

Noooo! I don't like Pat at all. Why do Fuggo's relatives keep turning up? It'll be his ex wife next.

Danny Dyer is getting lardy.

by Anonymousreply 69August 10, 2019 8:19 AM

Will we meet Iqra's girlfriend? That would make four lesbians on the square.

Please tell me it's not Tina.

I liked Caren. They should think about having her date Tina.

by Anonymousreply 70August 10, 2019 8:35 PM

I think it's inevitable that Iqra is going to paired with Tina eventually . Apparently they have cast an actress to play Ash for a guest role and she seems to be Muslim too so I guess that Ash won't be willing to come out and they'll split over that .

by Anonymousreply 71August 10, 2019 9:53 PM

Ash is attending Eid with the Ahmeds.

by Anonymousreply 72August 11, 2019 1:17 AM

I'm upset as Chatterjee is now referred to as 'Daadi', never as Chatterjee. 😩

by Anonymousreply 73August 11, 2019 8:39 AM

If Bex doesn't go to university, I imagine she'll take over Martin's fruit and veg stall.

by Anonymousreply 74August 11, 2019 7:42 PM

I want her to go to university in London . So far it's either a market stall or Oxford . There are options between those two .

by Anonymousreply 75August 12, 2019 3:43 AM

Can’t remember, did Stuart kill Dylan?

by Anonymousreply 76August 12, 2019 4:07 AM

Walford Web family tree

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 12, 2019 7:35 AM

Why can't Bex be a fabulous hair stylist at the newest Walford House Dé Beauté ?

by Anonymousreply 78August 12, 2019 5:02 PM

R76 It was heavily implied that he did. however, we didn't see it, and I remember it the same way this Radio Time article does ... with a question mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 12, 2019 6:24 PM

Jobs available in Walford: stall holder, own a bar or cafe, street sweeper, clean other people's toilets, hairdresser, criminal, mechanic, sale dodgy cars, undertaker, drug addict. What does Stuart do?

by Anonymousreply 80August 12, 2019 6:26 PM

Why is OP's post crossed out?

by Anonymousreply 81August 12, 2019 6:29 PM

R81 I believe that happens after a certain quantity of Dataloungers F/F the original post-topic.

by Anonymousreply 82August 12, 2019 6:40 PM

Yes, but why would anyone FF an innocuous post/thread like this one?

by Anonymousreply 83August 12, 2019 6:57 PM

R83 Possible reasons .. Soap threads in general are loathed by a percentage of Dataloungers. (They used to not even be allowed.) .. Or, the fact that there were already several active threads on EE when this one was put up.

by Anonymousreply 84August 12, 2019 7:32 PM

So we have confirmation that his dalliance with Ben wasn't the first time Callum earned the Halfway moniker.

by Anonymousreply 85August 12, 2019 7:46 PM

So the other guys in the Army barracks called him Highway?

by Anonymousreply 86August 12, 2019 7:52 PM

I think Stuart was a carpenter or a builder? I don’t think he does anything now.

by Anonymousreply 87August 12, 2019 11:13 PM

Callum is going to give life advice to Bobby. I wonder if Bobby will tell him to Pray The Gay Away and Callum will punch him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 12, 2019 11:40 PM

With Stacy blowing town, and Jean fighting cancer, I do believe there's an opening or two with [italic]Kat Slater's Kitten Kleaning Krew.

by Anonymousreply 89August 13, 2019 12:07 AM

With Stacy blowing town, and poor Jean weak from chemo, I do believe there's an opening or two with [italic] Kat Slater's Kitten Kleaning Krew.

by Anonymousreply 90August 13, 2019 12:11 AM

R88 TPTB indicated that the main point of this conversion story is to highlight the positive aspects and influences of the religion. And I doubt that turning Bobby into some kind of judgemental, anti-gay fundamentalist would be in line with the message that EE's consultants at the Muslim Youth Helpline are trying to convey.

by Anonymousreply 91August 13, 2019 12:11 AM

Unless Cole and Lance are willing to take on more hours so they can afford to replace the bed in their flat, then there should also be a job opening for another mechanic at The Arches.

And of course, all of the hot, young, gay bartender positions at The Prince Albert had to be filled by non-Albert Square residents.

by Anonymousreply 92August 13, 2019 12:23 AM

I need more Cole and Lance

by Anonymousreply 93August 13, 2019 12:37 AM

Callum could shake his ass at the Albert. I mean after he's fully out.

by Anonymousreply 94August 13, 2019 12:40 AM

Callum could shake his ass at the Albert. I mean after he's fully out, loses 12 pounds, and works out for that many weeks on the butt machine.

by Anonymousreply 95August 13, 2019 2:05 AM

Cole & Lance's lengthy make out session during the Walford Pride festivities was hottt.

by Anonymousreply 96August 13, 2019 2:11 AM

Vote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 13, 2019 3:30 AM

Young Tony Clay and Harry Reid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98August 13, 2019 4:17 AM

Shona McGarty is not such a great actor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 13, 2019 5:27 PM

R91 he's a convert , converts to any religion or cult are often holier than the pope on acid .

by Anonymousreply 100August 13, 2019 6:06 PM

That was emotional

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 13, 2019 11:24 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102August 14, 2019 6:37 AM

Are we getting the car scene this week?

by Anonymousreply 103August 14, 2019 11:52 AM

Wedding or no wedding . What are we thinking ?

by Anonymousreply 104August 14, 2019 4:55 PM

"Hunky?"

Did the Daily Mail mean "Chunky" ??

by Anonymousreply 105August 14, 2019 7:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!