Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL Fave Ben Whishaw joins new season of Fargo

It will be set in 1950s Kansas City for some reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 10, 2020 12:50 PM

And Jessie Buckley. Ugh. I hated Wild Rose.

by Anonymousreply 1July 18, 2019 5:29 PM

Premieres April 19 on FX and the next day on FX on Hulu. The premiere will include the first two episodes, followed by a new episode each subsequent week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 9, 2020 11:43 PM

Why are there so few women on this show? In OP's pic there's 1 actress and 5 actors?

by Anonymousreply 3January 9, 2020 11:46 PM

Uzo Aduba was only cast in September and OP's article is from July. There's some confusion whether her role got recast with Karen Aldridge in Decmber or if that's a new character. But yeah, still not enough women. And it's not like Legion was a sausagefest or anything...

by Anonymousreply 4January 9, 2020 11:52 PM

Oh, and Anji White, E’myri Crutchfield, and Amber Midthunder are all actresses mentioned in OP's article, they just weren't included in the collage. Guess their names aren't big enough just yet.

by Anonymousreply 5January 9, 2020 11:56 PM

What an interesting cast. I'm guessing there will be a good share of subtitling with all those Italians.

by Anonymousreply 6January 10, 2020 12:40 AM

Whishaw needs to do more TV work in Hollywood and he needs more Emmys, GGs etc... Love him. And give him a friggin' Marvel movie already, Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 7January 10, 2020 12:44 AM

I don't want to watch a show that's just a bunch of cranky men, grousing.

by Anonymousreply 8January 10, 2020 12:47 AM

Loved season 1 & 2 wasn’t that into the Ewan Macgregor year, but 1950s seems sort of interesting. Odd cast, but Fargo takes some big risks that tend to work out.

by Anonymousreply 9January 10, 2020 12:50 AM

Do the women actually do anything on the show?

by Anonymousreply 10January 10, 2020 12:58 AM

Yes, great female characters in the first two seasons. Iconic, even. I thought the third one sucked so much, I can't even recall anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 11January 10, 2020 1:04 AM

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 12January 10, 2020 1:07 AM

Trailer!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 10, 2020 10:30 AM

R9 I agree - Season 1 was great, Season 2 was an absolutely masterpiece whilst Season 3 was merely OK. The trailer for Season 4 looks fantastic, however, and very Cohen-esque, so hopes are high for this one.

by Anonymousreply 14January 10, 2020 11:05 AM

Great trailer. Very intriguing.

by Anonymousreply 15January 10, 2020 11:12 AM

Just to recap:

Jason Schwarzmann as an Italian. Ben Wishaw as a rabbi.

by Anonymousreply 16January 10, 2020 11:13 AM

Jason is Francis Ford Coppola's nephew. He's half Italian.

by Anonymousreply 17January 10, 2020 12:48 PM

And Whishaw is English, French, German, Russian. There's bound to be some Jew in there somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 18January 10, 2020 12:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!