Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Will Alexia Paganini defend her Halloween Cup title?

Ivett Toth and Anita Ostlund gave her a run for her money last year but this year she's getting choreo from David Wilson. What are your bets on her music choices?

by Anonymousreply 228August 21, 2019 5:07 PM

I love you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1July 15, 2019 9:51 PM

I know we're trying to fly under the radar here, but is this for fucking real?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 15, 2019 10:05 PM

LOL!

I hope she does a back to back Halloween Cup and Santa Claus Cup this year

by Anonymousreply 3July 15, 2019 10:09 PM

TSL Troll here and I'm sure you all want Dave's input: he was annoyed that the US let her go - said she was beautiful, packaged well, and had more potential than any of our other ladies. Recently, he was bemoaning the state of Canadian figure skating and asking how they could win a team trophy podium place with Piper and Paul, Keegan, and Gabby singing on the Instagram - but then he said - NO judgement from me though, our ladies are abysmal...

Where did she go? Maybe Shoma could go train at her rink, wherever it is.

by Anonymousreply 4July 15, 2019 10:23 PM

I don't want to be a party pooper, so to speak, but that looks photoshopped. Surely he's not that perky ?!?

by Anonymousreply 5July 15, 2019 10:26 PM

R4 Her rink is USA, Hackensack (in New Jersey). She is coached by Igor Krokavec. The "let go" was referring to USFA (she skated for them as Junior as she was born in USA and live there for all her life) released her without any resistence when she switched to Switzerland in run up to Olympics because it was much easier to get on Swiss Olympic team. Her father has Swiss origin.

by Anonymousreply 6July 15, 2019 10:30 PM

[quote] What are your bets on her music choices?

SP: 16 Tons / Bei Mir Bist Du Schön

FS: Tango

by Anonymousreply 7July 15, 2019 10:35 PM

Thanks Judge1! Delighted to see you here. How long can we make it here, on the lam? Oh well, it is what it is...

I was just at Figure Skating Universe where they had a long interview with Shoma in May translated - here's just a bit of it, sort of explaining some of the details of his mid-life crisis (I guess for skating, 21 is "midlife" lol)

Q: Your feelings after finishing Worlds? A: After finishing the season, I skated in lots of shows. There were days when I could not sort my feelings out. Time has past since then and various thoughts came up in my mind. Today I'm leaning forward to new challenges.

Q: It seems you offer lots of ideas these days. Do you think it's because you grew up? A: Regarding which abroad camps I'll go, it was not my choices. However, it was my first experience to decide on my own to go abroad camps. Maybe it's not because I grew up but it's because I was determined. I've trained in Japan all through my career so far. So it's gonna be a big change to me.

Q: What made you think that way? A: It was just after Worlds. Various thoughts came to my mind. I really thought I did everything that I could do in my training up to Worlds. The environment in Chukyo University was wonderful. That said, I wanted someone on the same level to train with. If I had someone like that, I could have pushed each other with the skater. Maybe it could make me work hard naturally, I mean I didn't need to be so much determined on my own. When I was training alone, first of all I needed to be hard on myself. Up to today I've tried to keep as hard on myself as possible. That said, I can't help but thinking that it was a needless work to discipline myself if I had someone to fight with on the same level. Keeping hard on my own was something difficult and tough. That process was something wasting that I could have avoid, I think.

Q: What do you worry about staying out of Japan? A: It's fun and comfortable in Japan. That said, first of all I'm not a type who enjoys going out of my room. So I'm not worrying. Lots of people will support me. I'm looking forward to training there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 15, 2019 10:40 PM

Shoma and Gogo could push each other at Granite? Or Deniss and Shoma (and that other Japanese guy) could push each other in Switzerland?

With Nathan gone all the time, would Raf's even qualify? Who's there doing quads besides Uncle Brezina and his 4S?

by Anonymousreply 9July 15, 2019 11:01 PM

Deniss is more likely to push Matilda Algotsson's 2A than Shoma's quads

by Anonymousreply 10July 15, 2019 11:04 PM

The news we were all waiting for

Tanaka's SP: Hip Hip Chin CHin, choreo by Scali

Paul Fentz's SP: I’m still standing/Rocket Man (Elthon John). Choreographed by Adam Solya.

by Anonymousreply 11July 15, 2019 11:07 PM

Tanaka FS is FS: "Sherlock Holmes". Choreo by Kenji Miyamoto

by Anonymousreply 12July 15, 2019 11:08 PM

I remember a practice where Stephane asked Yuzuru to watch Deniss and please HELP (he was splatting all over the place.) Yuzu knelt down with his back against the boards and really studied Deniss. I'd love to know if he gave any advice. In that moment, I could kinda see Yuzu being a coach.

He's really gonna have to do something other than skate someday. An announcer like Dai tried being and hated? Or like sweetheart Oda?

Or running a school like Plushy? Well, he'd obvs do better than Plushy at that - but I'd bet that's a bigger headache (and in a way, more boring) than coaching.

I still want him to be an actor so I could watch him on the screen. I don't think you really have to do much in film acting - they yell 'cut' every minute or two and have you do it repeatedly until it's what they want ?? Sorry to ramble. I feel like we're on borrowed time here!

by Anonymousreply 13July 15, 2019 11:10 PM

Thank you for making the new thread. I really wish i could pay for a subscription but i don't have a credit card (people rarely own credit cards in my country) and this site doesn't accept paypal.

I am really curious to see how this works out for Shoma i honestly don't have much faith in it but hey the lil guy needs to do what feels right. At this point i think he's reached his potential already and no coach could make it better so he might as well solo it for a bit.

I also wonder how our the ankle of a certain japanese hottie is doing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 15, 2019 11:21 PM

If DL accepted paypal I think we all would be in the original thread. Are you listening Muriel?

by Anonymousreply 15July 15, 2019 11:26 PM

R9 Gogo is now with Raf. Shoma and Gabby Daleman could push each other!

by Anonymousreply 16July 15, 2019 11:36 PM

LOL oh that's right! I forgot Gogo left Lee Barkell as well as leaving Brian. So he'd have a little boy to play with at Raf's - since the little girls didn't work out in Moscow.

I think R14 nailed it. Shoma's at peak Shoma. Or past it.

What a shame that top 5 is considered a failure in this sport. GOTTA WIN WIN WIN... FOREVER. And a shitload of silver doesn't cut it.

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 17July 15, 2019 11:39 PM

r14 Debit card should work too.

r2 It does look unreal.

r17 If I remember correctly, the sparkly ass considers 2nd a failure. It all depends on the pov. Tursy's silver and Pogo's bronze was considered a great accomplishment, so was Jin's bronze and first Uno Worlds silver. But once you've got a bunch of silvers...

And the link to the previous thread

by Anonymousreply 18July 15, 2019 11:53 PM

Oh damn.

Link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 15, 2019 11:54 PM

Barkell is still listed as Gogo's coach. I suppose Gogo will stay in Toronto until turning senior, due to school and so on.

The idea of Uno training alongside Gogo is intersting. It could indeed help them both. W

Wasn't Barkell Oda's coach? I thought he didn't have much of a track record when it comes to high-profile skaters, but Oda wasn't too shabby, he just zayaked a lot.

by Anonymousreply 20July 16, 2019 12:05 AM

[R18] Yeah debit cards are also not much of a thing here i'd need to get one just for the figure skating threads on DL

by Anonymousreply 21July 16, 2019 12:09 AM

"It was very difficult to get used to the new environment although I thought that it is nothing special, I am already used to it and to the people around me. However, I got used to them only now. I realized that and now I am feeling absolutely comfortable and at home at the Cricket Club. I feel like I've been skating there for many years. I have a good relationship with absolutely everyone there. This is something I've dreamed about my whole life, to come to my workplace like to a family home. It is a very cozy environment. I want to go back there again and again. This environment motivates you to work more, because you don't want to leave the rink. Before the rink was more like a work place for me. Sometimes it was though, the rink was associated with hard work, now the rink is associated with work that is enjoyable. You are doing everything for yourself"

Seems like our fav large uterus russian is enjoying her time at TCC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 16, 2019 12:12 AM

[quote] If I remember correctly, the sparkly ass considers 2nd a failure.

Someone should tell Sparkle that it diminishes the hard work of others when he keeps harpin' on 2nd being losing. I remember a quote from Plush, not exact but very close to this: "I see now that Yuzuru was right and second place is losing."

by Anonymousreply 23July 16, 2019 12:41 AM

Who is this Paganini? Is she related to Miss Ella's Paganini?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 16, 2019 2:13 AM

A close relation I think - I see the resemblance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 16, 2019 2:18 AM

Yay. Thanks for this :)

r2 Lol! Crunchy.

r23 Ah, it's pretty obvious Sparkles only talks about that in relation to himself, and possibly others who are OGMs (and possibly also World Champions). Although he seems to think it's not anything to throw a big party over, especially if you're only no.2 or 3 at smaller competitions, he certainly knows that no.2 isn't bad for those who have never been there before in any way, shape or form. He was super ecstatic when he won that world Bronze back in 2012 and I'm sure he wouldn't have protested being thrown a party back then. Probably was, even. Those who have been no. 1 at the biggest competitions though, are held to higher standards. He seems pretty proud of Uno and Fernandez's Olympic silver and bronze respectively (given Fernandez has never even podiumed at the Olympics before PC, and Olympics a much bigger stage than WC). And I don't think he'd have been overly disappointed had he been no.2 at Sochi, not the way he's been disappointed at anything less than gold after winning gold in it, at least.

So Uno is in the same situation as Brown before his move to TCC then. If TCC isn't part of Uno's plan, Hanyu would be the last person I'd point my finger at. It just makes very little sense. Orser's obviously the one calling the shots at TCC and Hanyu has never demonstrated disrespect towards that. He seems to regard TCC as a school and whatever the principal says, goes. And if he's not getting enough of what he feels he needs from Orser, there's always Briand and his own team. The guy has plenty of contingencies in place and Orser isn't the be all end all of his team (he's stated time and again his main purposes for picking TCC was cos of Fernandez and the facilities + system + environment of the club. He never once said Orser was his sole reason for moving, only that his track record with Kim helped facilitate the decision). So if Orser decides to take on Uno, I don't see the guy throwing a hissy fit over it. As much as people want to paint him as a diva, as far as I can recall, the guy has never once done exhibited that tendency. If he didn't make a peep about the newest high-profile additions and Orser simply telling him he was planning on taking on Jin way back when, it's hard to imagine he'd act out if Orser said Uno's going to be joining the team, same nationality or not because to the skaters themselves, they are individuals who skate for themselves first and foremost. If anything, he might even be happy about it, doting as he is towards Uno, especially now that he's got his 2nd OGM and mellowed out a bit (even with all his quad loading and gunning for Chen, he doesn't give off the same desperate and intent aura as he did before PC). Those who pointed out the logic behind why Orser himself may not feel it's a good idea make a lot more sense to me about why Uno may not be considering TCC as an option.

by Anonymousreply 26July 16, 2019 2:33 AM

R26 I agree. The first medal that you get in a major competition is considered a win, but once you reach a certain level wherein you know you could have won if only you didn't make mistakes, then not delivering with results is considered losing. Hanyu certainly does not train to win silver. He trains to win gold. Winning silver means losing the gold. He cringes every time interviewers congratulate him for winning silver because he knows he can do better. If it were any other skater, they would have been satisfied to at least get on the podium. But it's Yuzuru Hanyu that we're talking about.

As for Uno, I guess the interview in R8 just tells me that he wants a Hanyu-Fernandez kind of training environment to keep him motivated? But idk, put that reason aside, does he even know what he needs/wants to work on? A lot of his fans give him a pass on a lot of things over the years that he has been in senior. They know his programs are just full of quality crossovers, they know his jumps and landings needed work, but he hasn't necessarily taken stride on slowly working on these things. Now he's working on 3A-4T for what exactly? His flip (with that toe hammer) and salchow (that he rarely even lands) need work and he wants to work on a 3A-4T??? For me, he just doesn't set the right goals. Instead of looking for a place with high level training mates, why doesn't he instead find a coach that can help him in aspects that he needs to improve on? I'm sure this is also something that he considers, but the primary reason that he's giving (looking for a training base with high level skaters) just tells me that he doesn't really exactly know what he needs to do.

by Anonymousreply 27July 16, 2019 3:17 AM

Part of uno’s problem is he is living I’m hanyu’s shadow. He's never beaten Hanyu or Chen for that matter, has he? He’s silver Shoma with iffy unstable technique whereas hanyu is still getting better. Shoma also got overshadowed by Dai at JNats. I thought the 3A-4T was his way of owning something unique. Similar to hanyu’s 4T-3A. Difference is Hanyu’s already won all the medals so everything is a bonus and he can play around with being the FIRST at things. Shoma should focus on basics to win those gold medals

by Anonymousreply 28July 16, 2019 11:53 AM

r28 Uno beat Chen at 2017 Worlds and 2018 Olympics.

The quality matters little these days, it's the quantity that does it. If Uno can land ugly 4F and saved 4S AND 3A-4T, it's better than nicer 4F and 4S and no 3A-4T. Hell, even if he can't land 4S, getting 3A-4T looks pretty good in exchange.

by Anonymousreply 29July 16, 2019 1:28 PM

r29 right, I was thinking when they were gold versus silver. Meaning Uno has never won a gold when Chen and/or Hanyu were competing against him.

by Anonymousreply 30July 16, 2019 2:58 PM

r29 i also sadly agree with your jump analysis

by Anonymousreply 31July 16, 2019 2:59 PM

At first I thought she was some skater I’d never seen before and couldn’t figure out why she was getting photographed with the other top skaters at camp. Mihara is scarily thin:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 16, 2019 3:43 PM

R32 She's lost muscle in her thighs too. Poor kid, I wonder if her arthritis is acting up.

by Anonymousreply 33July 16, 2019 4:22 PM

R33 Yeah, I hope she's okay. I don't think she was this thin at FaOI, and that was only a little over a month ago?

by Anonymousreply 34July 16, 2019 5:51 PM

r32 she was always skinny on top but you can really tell by her legs that she lost TONS of weight.

by Anonymousreply 35July 16, 2019 7:10 PM

I thought Uno's body was breaking down. Back when he was training in Chicago there were stories about him and his injuries.

He's 21, will be 22 in December. In this age of quad mania, he's no spring chicken.

by Anonymousreply 36July 16, 2019 7:38 PM

Wait! This mean ferret boy Yuzuru Hanyu is being purged out of DL along with his idiotic fangurls ???

OMG yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 37July 16, 2019 7:42 PM

r37 Watch it, Dai, or the next thread will be named after you.

by Anonymousreply 38July 16, 2019 7:44 PM

I deserve the next thread

by Anonymousreply 39July 16, 2019 7:47 PM

Did some Korean Broadcastinc company purchase the DL, reminds me of the Youtube purge of Hanyu

by Anonymousreply 40July 16, 2019 9:03 PM

R40 this is the theory that makes the most sense.

by Anonymousreply 41July 16, 2019 9:07 PM

Sorry Hanyu fans, but there can only be one true star in figure skating, [bold]ME[/bold] !!! Ahahaha, convincing Muriel of banning Hanyu threads was like stealing candy from a child.

*kisses*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 16, 2019 9:39 PM

I wonder if Dai remembers these moments every time he sees Hanyu show up on tv advertising baby bath products

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 16, 2019 10:22 PM

Oh I remember Yuzu on the ice....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 16, 2019 10:26 PM

R44 Tahnks faitfull ubber. Knew I could depdn on youj...NOw telling me, howw you planning to invest for reitrement?? I have goood advices fo r most loyal fannsz. imzgine you make mone y ADN have nigaht caps with Daisuek eberyday. you come home and wee make fun of hanyus fanagirls togetherh. Sounds liek good bang for buck, no? Tink bout iiits.

by Anonymousreply 45July 16, 2019 10:43 PM

R45 your drunk text is pretty f-in amazing

by Anonymousreply 46July 17, 2019 3:29 AM

Hanyu at his skinniest (2012, when he went overseas) still looked surprisingly solid without a shirt. And Meryl going for the ass. This clip has been making the rounds again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 17, 2019 1:33 PM

Butt says hi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 17, 2019 1:34 PM

Anastasiia Gubanova got kicked out of CSKA. I can't parse whether Buianova's saying she wasn't good enough or saying she was lazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 17, 2019 4:02 PM

"apparently Buyanova gave her tasks to do and she didn't do them" (GS)

by Anonymousreply 50July 17, 2019 4:19 PM

Or maybe it was because she's a fatty. Is Buyanova a DLer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 17, 2019 4:52 PM

Eric Radford & Luis from IG Stories:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 17, 2019 11:02 PM

R52 Radford always looks like he's doing that Cindy Crawford "put your tongue behind your teeth when you smile so you look sexy" move. He has such a preening perpetual self-awareness of his own hotness that it's offputting.

by Anonymousreply 53July 18, 2019 2:04 AM

is everyone locked out again, or just a Hanyu drought

by Anonymousreply 54July 18, 2019 4:26 PM

I haven't been locked out and I'm not a subscriber.

by Anonymousreply 55July 18, 2019 4:57 PM

R54 Just a Hanyu and FS drought generally. I mean, there's Jack G's non scoop about how Uno isn't going to Eteri because he wouldn't agree to her "conditions," whatever that means (doesn't say in the article).

I suppose in normal times, we'd be asking whether Mama H has gotten laid today, but I think we're trying to lay low so we don't get shut down entirely before media day!

by Anonymousreply 56July 18, 2019 5:16 PM

R56 You forgot the excitement of Yuzu and Mama H being photographed in a supermarket!

by Anonymousreply 57July 18, 2019 5:25 PM

Drought.

Well, GPF tix are going onnsale tomorrow, I guess it's gonna be torturously exciting for some people, culminating in screams and tears when they won't manage to party worth their money.

by Anonymousreply 58July 18, 2019 11:36 PM

Partial Battle of the Blades lineup. Starts September.

Judges: Browning, Virtue and Moir

Figure skaters: Weaver, Poje, Radford, Gordeeva, Vanessa James, Amanda Evora (who?), Violetta Afanasieva (who again?)

Waiting to see who will be the messy cheating bitch out of this lot.

by Anonymousreply 59July 19, 2019 1:31 AM

[quote]is everyone locked out again, or just a Hanyu drought

The thread title is probably confusing to people.

by Anonymousreply 60July 19, 2019 1:34 AM

R60 I think that was the point.

by Anonymousreply 61July 19, 2019 1:50 AM

R61, I know, but it makes it harder for those interested in figure skating to find it.

by Anonymousreply 62July 19, 2019 1:53 AM

Only true stans in this thread. So there's been a Hanyu sighting? I need the deets

by Anonymousreply 63July 19, 2019 1:55 AM

New interview with Gilles & Poirier from IFS Magazine:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 19, 2019 2:01 AM

R62 The people who have been on this thread will know where to find it.

R63 Some person took a picture of Hanyu and his mom at the self checkout in some supermarket. PH has the pics though people were worried about his privacy so they might have taken it down. We just see him from the back, but before you get too excited - pants are loose fitting trackers.

by Anonymousreply 65July 19, 2019 2:47 AM

R65, but we need to bring some new people into this thread or it will just be the same few of us talking.

by Anonymousreply 66July 19, 2019 2:50 AM

We need to somehow put hanyu back in the title and let people know ass pics are welcome...good luck

by Anonymousreply 67July 19, 2019 2:52 AM

I'm one of them rear-end posters but never posted them after the paywall erection cos it seems strange to post hanyu's assets in a thread that is although essentially dedicated to him, due to clandestine reasons, doesn't actually have a thread title that hints at that.

by Anonymousreply 68July 19, 2019 6:03 AM

R65 From the way his appearance was described, I'd be very wary if I were working the counter at a 24-hour convenience store and he walked in after midnight.

by Anonymousreply 69July 19, 2019 6:09 AM

No an ass pic but a great one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 19, 2019 10:05 AM

Is this the general skating thread of Yuzu thread?

by Anonymousreply 71July 19, 2019 10:14 AM

So Ge wasn't invited to perform at Friends of Denis?

Unsurprisingly, Coach Yamada, not Higuchi, was the one who suggested Uno part with his coaching team and look elsewhere according to Uno's latest interview. Yamada told him that they were too familiar and too much like family now, and he should try to experience a different environment. Before going into further detail, Uno told his interviewer that he didn't want to discuss it anymore because he wasn't confident in his ability to explain the situation accurately. When asked how Higuchi reacted, Uno simply replied that Higuchi told him she would continue to support him no matter what.

When asked if he was able to improve the consistency of his 4L and 4Lz in Russia, Uno said he wasn't able to land the 4L and never even tried the lutz. Wilson sent him two songs to choose from for his SP, but he can't remember the name of the one he chose. Bourne's FS is a typical Bourne program that's hard and dynamic.

Time for some petty Russian drama.

Well, first one not so petty. Elena Rodina has been promoted by Sportru.

In her latest interview, Med claimed her injury at Worlds was so serious that she was told it would require four months off ice at minimum, but she recovered in two. However, less than a week after worlds, she toured with SOI Japan, then joined SOI Canada two weeks after that (a month after worlds) where she jumped triples.

In a recent interview, Bobrova said she was falsely accused of snubbing Zagitova at the 2018 Olympics despite being the team’s captain and was bashed on the internet. A Russian skating fan posted a video of a moment where Bobrova, Medvedeva, and Ge left out Zagitova while taking photos at the Pyeongchang gala, suggesting it was one of times Zagitova was deliberately snubbed. Lipnitskaya, who's currently in Japan preparing to play Lady Murasaki in Hyoen, liked the post. Is Lipnitskaya reviving her feud with Med/Bobrova again?

Sotskova claims she doesn't eat more than 1000 calories a day and her life has been one continuous diet.

Uno’s interview that also has an "interesting" photo of Lambiel checking out Uno’s butt at camp while Uno is either sleepy or excited:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 19, 2019 10:15 AM

R63 Same at this point i'd even welcome speculating about the state of the cobwebs between Mama H's legs, The eternal question 'is this skater Gay,Bi,Straight' or updates about Itsuki's career as a Japanese Kardashian

R71 this is the continuation of the Yuzu threads the weird titles are to avoid being put behind a paypal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 19, 2019 10:26 AM

R72 I feel sorry for Zagitova I think it's obvious she's been getting a lot of shit I think this is why Hanyu was being rather attentive and supportive towards her during Fantasy on Ice

by Anonymousreply 74July 19, 2019 10:34 AM

For someone who has bold costume choices at risk of looking like a traffic light on ice he for sure has an understated but boring style based on the pics at the market.

Pics for the mildly transgressive cunts like me. https://m.imgur.com/a/zwLnTzk https://m.imgur.com/a/0q9ASCS

by Anonymousreply 75July 19, 2019 11:09 AM

[Quote] I mean, there's Jack G's non scoop about how Uno isn't going to Eteri because he wouldn't agree to her "conditions," whatever that means (doesn't say in the article).

Gotta wonder if one of them concerns dietary regulations...

by Anonymousreply 76July 19, 2019 11:40 AM

I'm not sure if the name has anything to do with it. I think as soon as activity picks up, this and any other future threads are going to get walled up. It's just with a misleading title, less fans are aware, and with the current ongoing drought, things are moving more slowly. But it's kinda hilarious that his thread is disguised behind titles with names of lesser-known skaters on them, making these skaters seem like hotter commodity than they really are. But until more people start doing it, it still feels strange to me to put pictures that center on Hanyu's own hottest commodity here.

Maybe we can alternate between putting somebody else's name in the title and one of Hanyu's myriad of 'officially' misspelled names for future threads. I just rewatched an old documentary the other day that followed Hanyu shortly after his move to Toronto where they showed him performing PW in this dinner with ice skating performance event. It was a small event but in the two pamphlets it had, they both spelled his name wrong in different ways. The one promoting the show had Yuzuru Hanya and the one distributed to the guests had Yuzura Hanyu. Lol. And let's not forget all the times he got rechristened by European announcers. I think we've got ourselves a wellspring of names to pick from, if the thread starter so chooses.

by Anonymousreply 77July 19, 2019 11:58 AM

[quote]Is this the general skating thread of Yuzu thread?

This appears to be the last attempt by Yuzuru's Asian fangurls to keep their Yuzuru thread alive. There is a regular Figure Skating thread where Ferretboy talk is not allowed.

Whoever is obsessed with Noodleboy's ass is just nasty. Gurl, are you into the anorexic look or something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 19, 2019 11:59 AM

R78 Nope. Not good enough. You were close, though. I was almost provoked into posting something to demonstrate my point that The Ass is the one thing objectively NOT skinny about him but then I tell myself, I've got better self-control than that.

by Anonymousreply 79July 19, 2019 12:16 PM

R78 That thread has been dead long before the Hanyu one was put behind paywall. Maybe we should be live it up by talking about Hanyu.

by Anonymousreply 80July 19, 2019 12:18 PM

R79 Has Daitroll graced us again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 19, 2019 12:21 PM

R81 no, that's the real Dai. I think daitroll may be on vacations.

by Anonymousreply 82July 19, 2019 12:23 PM

[quote]Nope. Not good enough. You were close, though. I was almost provoked into posting something to demonstrate my point that The Ass is the one thing objectively NOT skinny about him but then I tell myself, I've got better self-control than that.

Silly fangurl, self control would be to stop posting about Ferretboy, but you don't got it.

I wonder if Yuzuru will ever come out. He pings to high heavens.

by Anonymousreply 83July 19, 2019 12:26 PM

R81 Dunno. But I ignored it anyway. Just in case. And I see you don't give a rat's ass and got started. Right off the deep end, too.

by Anonymousreply 84July 19, 2019 1:03 PM

R84 I need very little reason to post his ass. I feel like we all need it these days

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 19, 2019 1:06 PM

R85 Haha wasn't he still a teenager in this, though? His LGC-clad hind is peak happy-time material, in my books. But the curves he presented in his Origin outfit is basically classic art.

And I checked after ignoring and realized that it *is* our resident drunk and promptly unignored. Sorry, D. I don't have money to invest in your little schemes but the least I can do is pay attention when you talk.

by Anonymousreply 86July 19, 2019 1:16 PM

R72 Rodina is a fucking psycho. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that in the world we live in, that gets you places.

Didn't Yamada once disparage skaters who trained abroad, said they grew too arrogant or something?

R85 one of my favorite ass pics of all time. Especially delicious because of the dance belt.

Nobu won't be competing in JO, will only appear as a guest. Who will they invite for team Japan? Can Dasukehe Thadhaski put the bottle down long enough to skate a FS?

Only Nobu could do this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 19, 2019 1:28 PM

The entry for NRW Trophy (international competition)

Senior Ice Dance

Popova / Byelikov (Ukraine)

Friend / Badaoui (Australia)

Zdravkova / Davis (Bulgaria)

Konkina / Drozd (Russia)

-----

Junior Ice Dance have Junior GP Finalist Kazakova / Revyia (Georgia), some Ukrainian couples, a couple of Russians and some Germans

Junior Men and Ladies are unknown Germans and some Swedish skaters

Russia nominated a judge (covering both Single and Ice Dance). Ukraine nominated a judge for Ice Dance. Sweden is sending a judge for Single. No other judges nominated. They will fill panels with 2 German judges (they have a lot of them)...and then they have to beg someone to come....as they can't have 3 Germans out of 5 judges.

by Anonymousreply 88July 19, 2019 1:30 PM

Oda's living proof that you can have a goofy-looking face and still be a more than welcome sight.

[Quote] Only Nobu could do this:

Well, we all know that Hanyu can, as well. And that Takahashi can't.

by Anonymousreply 89July 19, 2019 1:48 PM

R89 well, I meant only Nobu could make fun of Hanyu like this. I'm assuming he was imitating CM.

by Anonymousreply 90July 19, 2019 1:52 PM

OP here: I avoided putting Hanyu's name or even "figure skating" to try to cheat Muriel, since the previous thread was paywalled too. I'd advise to continue doing so, and not putting any numbers, if we are to stay on DL. But we all know where this thread was born so post your loony fangurl stuff to your heart's content.

r73 There is no more fitting topic for DL than Gay/Bi/straight.

r81 Must he, because I don't see the post.

r72 r50 Wasn't Gubanova thrown out of CSKA due to "not fulfilling physical. requirements"? Which probably means either too injured, or not complyong with the diet.

[quote] Wilson sent him two songs to choose from for his SP, but he can't remember the name of the one he chose.

That doesn't sound like the beginnings of a great cooperation, like I hoped. Uno's involvement seems to be null and Wilson seems to have no idea what to do. I wonder if Wilson even consulted what kind of music Uno would want - 2 songs is a really narrow choice. Thanks God other skaters left him.

r56 Any bets what the conditions Uno didn't want to agree to were?

1. Diet 2. doing actual steps between elements 3. Attaching an extra 3T to ever jumping pass 4. Getting a Daniil choreo 5. Tanos

r88 Thanks judge1, that sounds like a trainwreck.

by Anonymousreply 91July 19, 2019 3:36 PM

R91 Well, when Wilson worked on NdP with Hanyu (fresh off the boat, no speaky English), Wilson sent him a DVD to watch that was in French with English subs, so Hanyu didn't understand it at all. So glad that lazy, clueless bitch has been relegated to working for C-list skaters (sorry Alexia, we love you, but not for your talent).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92July 19, 2019 4:26 PM

I'm convinced Javi's cock made a detour into Ando and/or Radford this summer because he's been guilt posting IG pics/stories of the bear--er GF nonstop this past week.

BTW - I don't follow ID drama, but Radford seems to be a lot closer to P/C than V/M (even though he's buddy-buddy with the rest of Team Canada). From P/C's interview a few months ago, it seems the dislike between P/C and V/M is such that you gotta pick a side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 19, 2019 4:43 PM

R92 Even though that is a lazy bitch move Hanyu's confusion must have been funny. explains why Hanyu's Notre Dame de Paris felt a bit 'different' still one of my fav outfits

R93 Definitely a detour into Radfort's hole i used to be convinced Hanyu was the closeted one and Fernandez straight but now i am suspecting Fernandez is a lot more interesting then i gave him credit for. As for Hanyu? i've got no clue any more and if he is then i doubt he will ever come out since he seems to insist on 'doing right by Japan' which i am pretty sure includes marrying and having 2.5 babies with a Japanese woman as is expected of him

by Anonymousreply 94July 19, 2019 5:03 PM

R94 Nah, part of Hanyu's appeal is he can't help but be who he is, even when it would be easier for him to be something else. If he's gay, he's either going to power bottom his way through the ID/Pair men and/or not marry anyone at all.

by Anonymousreply 95July 19, 2019 5:12 PM

R95 am I the only one who believes Hanyu's ass is untouchable?

by Anonymousreply 96July 19, 2019 6:30 PM

R96 So Hanyu is still a virgin? I feel like for someone so lusted after that would be difficult to achieve

by Anonymousreply 97July 19, 2019 6:53 PM

[quote]marrying and having 2.5 babies with a Japanese woman

DL whore, this happening already. 2.5 babies will come in 8 months. I having intense meat cravings, but Yuzu is satisfying every need, if you get my meaning.

R97 See above, definitive evidence will make their way through my magical love canal in 8 months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 19, 2019 6:58 PM

Sorry, heavy uterus making me so forgetful. That is me above, your favorite Japanese first lady of figure skating.

by Anonymousreply 99July 19, 2019 7:02 PM

r96 Would he be advertising if it was untouchable?

GPF astronomical prices ensured that not all good tickets sold out within an hour, so if you feel like parting with €600-750 - there are still some good seats left!

by Anonymousreply 100July 19, 2019 9:36 PM

[quote] Would he be advertising if it was untouchable?

Maybe he just enjoys being a tease.

by Anonymousreply 101July 20, 2019 1:13 AM

[quote] But we all know where this thread was born

In Japan ??

by Anonymousreply 102July 20, 2019 1:29 AM

R97 He may have stuck his stick in a hole but that butt is virgin.

by Anonymousreply 103July 20, 2019 1:56 AM

And so it begins (kinda). Tweet with links to Gogo's and Liu's SPs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104July 20, 2019 4:09 AM

R103 the only thing he stuck into a hole was his pinky finger when he hurt it by sticking it in a hole in the ice when doing the dramatic end pose of what was it? Origin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 20, 2019 4:55 AM

R104 It’s still early in the season, but it looks like both have grown (physically) a lot. It seems like Gogolev is going to be quite tall in the end and Liu isn’t going to stay a skinny thing, though Dad was probably careful about that when choosing an egg donor. Hopefully he won’t push his daughter into an eating disorder. I can’t watch Liu without thinking about the weird situation with Dad possibly genetically engineering his daughter into a figure skater and the mysterious old ladies and lawsuits though I think Alysa’s love of skating is genuine. Both skaters really need to work on their spins.

by Anonymousreply 106July 20, 2019 5:12 AM

Asada and Takahashi at Denis Ten's memorial in Almaty. Other skaters in attendance were Abbott, Weaver, Poje, Mura, Radionova and Choi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107July 20, 2019 5:33 AM

R104 I hope that wasn’t Gogolev’s actual costume

by Anonymousreply 108July 20, 2019 7:19 AM

R108 I think it is refreshingly manly and minimalist. It evokes the kind of man who has a real job (sucking cock at Equinox doesn't count) and life aspirations besides mooching off desperate Thai whores.

Wait, who were we talking about again?

by Anonymousreply 109July 20, 2019 7:43 AM

r104 The spins are painful but Gogo's got steps between elements, so he hasn't gone full Arutyunian yet. The choreo's good - who did it? I can never keep that info straight.

by Anonymousreply 110July 20, 2019 12:13 PM

R104 r108 Gogo’s comp didn’t require costumes

by Anonymousreply 111July 20, 2019 1:03 PM

Gogo's SP was choreographed by Naderzda Kanaeva. She works with Raf's skaters.

by Anonymousreply 112July 20, 2019 3:22 PM

Javier#2 is holidaying in Mykonos. I guess the behind the rocks activites will see an increase

by Anonymousreply 113July 20, 2019 6:09 PM

r112 So Raf's team can make da decent choreo? Color me surprised.

by Anonymousreply 114July 20, 2019 6:10 PM

What happened to Gogo's FS to score less than Goko Endu? Pops or splats?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 21, 2019 6:39 AM

R115 One fall, nothing else obviously terrible to my untrained eye (though the spins didn't look great?).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 21, 2019 9:44 AM

r116 The first half was so boring that my brain switched off and I wasn't paying attention. Did he jump any quads? The opening jump looked like a triple to men but maybe the first combo wad a quad. Only one 3A I believe. I did notice one two-footed landing and there may have been underrotations.

by Anonymousreply 117July 21, 2019 11:53 AM

Get a load of Briand's Affleck meme face 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118July 21, 2019 12:43 PM

R111 same outfit, so maybe not sarcasm

by Anonymousreply 119July 21, 2019 12:45 PM

Shun Sato following in Hanyu’s footsteps. Age 15, Sato’s FS is Romeo and Juliet-but not senior yet

by Anonymousreply 120July 21, 2019 12:53 PM

R118i was just wondering what Pooh was looking at?

by Anonymousreply 121July 21, 2019 12:54 PM

R118 there is a face in this picture? 🤤

R121 🍆

by Anonymousreply 122July 21, 2019 7:55 PM

Vasjlievs is the second men for Euro team at Japan Open. So I guess the 2 ladies will outscore the men

by Anonymousreply 123July 21, 2019 10:50 PM

Kolyada apparently got married during the weekend with a girl who used to skate Pairs for Hungary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124July 22, 2019 8:52 AM

r124 Here's hoping the marital bliss will stabilize his jumps.

by Anonymousreply 125July 22, 2019 10:47 AM

Results from yesterday’s election are in. Seiko Hashimoto was reelected to the House of Councillors via proportional representation and will continue to head the LDP councillors. (Thanks Hokkaido.)

Now we’re waiting to see if she’ll be named Minister of State for the Olympics. It seems to be down to her and Junko Mihara. No word yet on what will happen to her JSF position if appointed.

(Hopefully, Takahashi can use Hyoen rehearsals as an excuse not to celebrate with her tonight.)

by Anonymousreply 126July 22, 2019 12:03 PM

Uno brothers getting suits. Itsuki must be happy to have his brother back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127July 22, 2019 11:59 PM

R127 They both look overjoyed.

As always, Shoma is truly living in the moment. He might actually be asleep and gaming simultaneously in that 3rd pic.

by Anonymousreply 128July 23, 2019 12:33 AM

r128 that' s sarcasm right? they look bored and boring. what is with his sleepiness, overnight gaming or borderline narcolepsy?

by Anonymousreply 129July 23, 2019 1:40 AM

R127 Once again Itsuki shows us who truely is the most handsome model i felt something stirring when i saw the second picture

R128 It's like a dolphin sleeping and being awake at the same time Shoma's talents are remarkable

R129 Are you looking at the same pictures we are?

by Anonymousreply 130July 23, 2019 2:03 AM

R130 ooohhhhhhh I see it now. The Uno brothers are ammmmaaazzzzzzing

by Anonymousreply 131July 23, 2019 3:51 AM

Junior GP Courchevel Entries

Some may still be placeholders at this stage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132July 23, 2019 1:15 PM

r132 Last year in jgp Yerevan Adam Siao Him Fa and Yuma Kagiyama were 1st and 2nd. I don't recognize any other names except Mark Gorodnitsky. I wonder if anybody appeared to give them a challenge.

Tutberidze's daughter, Diana Davis, is competing in Ice Dance!

by Anonymousreply 133July 23, 2019 2:12 PM

JDC can u pls tell me why Yuzuru is not JOC symbol athlete , I mean Shoma is here but no Yuzu?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134July 23, 2019 4:25 PM

Latest ANA athlete feature with a short q&a with the featured athlete

ANA: Imagine you were an airline personnel. What position do you see yourself hold?

Hanyu (after being being put through the DL filter): A grease monkey's. Why? Cos (other than skating) nothing gets me harder than feeling up machinery, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 135July 23, 2019 4:46 PM

Diana Davis/Smolkin got a podium at JGP last year. They moved to Shpilband this summer

by Anonymousreply 136July 23, 2019 5:20 PM

R134 Basically the JOC pays the athlete a flat fee and can then go out and make sponsorship deals with that athletes image.

I don't think it's surprising that Hanyu isn't part of it. (he's far from the only top athlete not involved).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137July 23, 2019 5:24 PM

Hanyu making good use of his bodies flexibility in every way... 🧐

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138July 23, 2019 7:00 PM

r137 Does that mean that Yuzu won't be taking part in promoting 2020 Olympics? Or just that he won't be appearing in any Oly sponsors' commercials under that Symbol Athlete program?

by Anonymousreply 139July 23, 2019 9:23 PM

r139 So let me get this straight: Shoma Uno is without a main coach next season, and under the obligation to perform in any advertising campaign an Olympic sponsor picks him for? Sounds like a trainwreck in waiting. Unless he's not actually popular enough to get picked a lot, he's a winter athlete after all and not a gold medalist.

by Anonymousreply 140July 23, 2019 9:37 PM

Hanyu is not doing media day this year. Does that mean he’ll recycle? He’ll surprise us with a 4A at ACI? Is he recovering from injury? So many possibilities with this guy.

by Anonymousreply 141July 24, 2019 1:40 AM

Yagudin has been criticizing sports.ru for promoting Rodina and her blog posts have been deleted.

R134 r137 already answered your question, but the LINE stamps are of “JOC Symbol Athletes” only. Supposedly, the Symbol Athlete contract can be worth up to 10 million yen, but also means the JOC owns the rights to your image and you’re obligated to appear in commercials and at events by supporting companies while barred from appearing in others. That’s why there are only 11 athletes signed and it’s not considered to be worth it if you already have many sponsors.

R139 Yes to the second part of your question.

R140 Uno likely didn’t get many offers, because he became a JOC Symbol athlete just this April, and if he really was being approached by many companies, he likely wouldn’t have signed with the JOC at the time. But he’s just announced that he’ll be appearing in his first commercial for DHC’s Hot Body Gel.

Meanwhile, Zagitova’s dog and the Akitainu Hozonkai (Akita Dog Preservation Society) have released a series of Masaru T-shirts and bags for charity with Uniqlo. Zagitova also just met with the Prime Minister and gave him a Masaru stuffed animal.

Hanyu and Zagitova are going to be covered on Konya Kurabetemimashita tonight at 9PM on NTV.

Uno and DHC:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142July 24, 2019 4:27 AM

Thank you for making this thread op. I wonder if DL will eventually have it where we can only post if we pay.

R141. When I heard Hanyu wasn't doing media day I'm thinking he might be recycling.

by Anonymousreply 143July 24, 2019 4:31 AM

R142 Thanks for the news, Dirt Czar. I'm glad Yagudin spoke up. Rodina is vile.

FML, I hope Hanyu isn't recycling but it looks that way and honestly, I'd take recycling over injuries any day. However, I think he's had media day before in seasons when he's recycled, so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 144July 24, 2019 4:56 AM

R142 So sad that Olympic Dogface Champion had to hang out with old man minister, while I got to pick strawberries with cute baby daddy. :-(

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145July 24, 2019 4:59 AM

R142 Shoma has handsome face, but image of hot lubricant slathered all over stunted goblin body is not selling point for me. Hopefully, they use Itsuki for body double. Product would fly off shelf.

by Anonymousreply 146July 24, 2019 5:33 AM

JSF confirmed Hanyu is going to ACI.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147July 24, 2019 6:02 AM

Oops, meant to post this tweet, which has challenger assignments for other skaters as well:

ACI: Hanyu, Kihira Lombardia: Tomono, Mihara, Higuchi USI: Tanaka, Yamamoto, Miyahara, Shiraiwa Finlandia: Uno, Yamamoto, Yokoi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148July 24, 2019 6:04 AM

Surprise Uno isn't going to Lombardia - isn't that where he usually resets all the world records?

by Anonymousreply 149July 24, 2019 6:07 AM

Thank you JDC! I always look forward to your posts - and the link was great.

It's probably just me making false assumptions, but Shoma looks sad to me in a lot of videos/pictures lately. Hope it works out.

Oh and I've been away - but I see that I'm behind on TSL. Will try to catch up!

by Anonymousreply 150July 24, 2019 7:00 AM

R150 thank you TSLt; was just wondering where you've been. Looking forward to the summary.

by Anonymousreply 151July 24, 2019 7:31 AM

The Uno x DHC Hot Body Gel tie-up reads like trolling content. The fact that it isn't actual trolling content proves that truth is stranger than fiction.

by Anonymousreply 152July 24, 2019 7:56 AM

(Also, news surrounding him is by far the most interesting this new season. His results last season must have really rattled his brains. No one else holds a candle to the quality content he's been giving us these past few months. It more than makes up for all the years he's been boring me to tears. I hope he keeps this up and becomes a gift that keeps on giving. That said, I can't wait to see how his DHC commercial will turn out because that is most certainly going to end up being a huge gift, judging from the sound of the product and their choice of spokesman in Uno, of all people.)

by Anonymousreply 153July 24, 2019 8:13 AM

TSL 7/21 – Part 1 – “Shoma Uno, Alysa Liu...” Starting w/Dave’s Dick Button show – at minute 4, D&J talk about how important he was not just as a skater, but as producer, commentator, businessman, always pushing the sport forward. D: “There wdn’t be Christopher Dean’s ice show if Dick didn’t figure it out, buy the rights, haggle w/the ISU – he navigated all those things as the smartest guy in the room... Skaters are all nightmares and horror shows – and wonderful, but I wdn’t want to deal w/any of them” (but Dick managed it). 8 Alysa Liu needs Dick & Peggy to tell her to “hold out her moves” but (J:) like Zhulin said in article last week, “If the judges don’t care, why should we?” D: Alysa's father & USFS have too much input (over coach). She needs to learn how to skate & hold an edge...her jumps are squirrelly...” 11 D “Eteri’s method is effective – w/Alysa, they’re trying to BS the system.” She shd work 4T before 4Lz – there’s a reason everybody else does. Too much rushing. US ladies a mess – Bradie/Mariah prob plateaued. Tommy Steenberg is gonna work w/Bradie; hope he’ll get her to bend those knees & get into the ice which is missing from her skating. Dave talked to one of her coaches about that & he agreed – they’re trying. D wants all US girls to work w/Raf & Tom Z. He’s worried Alysa will do poorly in JGP against better Russian jrs this yr. D: “It’s gonna be rough” due to too-high expectations. “Did we not learn anything from Gracie, Mirai, Kimmie, Caroline?” They 'will' drop ppl like Karen. 20 Gogo also competed at Glacier Falls. D: “I don’t like the program – or the skating – but I liked his sweater tho pants didn’t go w/it… He’s working w/Nadia & Shae – why didn’t Raf call up his trusty gays bec he has trouble w/charisma – he needs a Buttle” They’re making him “the masculine boy” but it looked heavy on his shoulders - almost gave a weak/trying too hard vibe... A mess – like when Nathan did Summertime as a boy… D: I like Shae Lynn but she cd use a little more depth & emotion, not a lot of soul going on. 24 J: His quads were missing! D: Yeah and his 3A. What was the purpose of this comp? His SS are better than Alysa’s- but he’s a boy without an identity. --- Next at Minute 24 1/2: Shoma, the skater with no coach. (part 2 will be delayed)

by Anonymousreply 154July 24, 2019 8:47 AM

Miura/Ichihashi are no more... I can’t remember if we have any other seniors pairs.

At least Uno’s DHC commercial is fun. But probably beneath Itsuki.

It’s 1 year until the Tokyo Olympics and there have been various events held today partly hosted by Ando. @Tokyo2020jp. Various athletes have also been sending in’s in videos and maybe we’ll see some other figure skaters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155July 24, 2019 8:59 AM

Miura/Ichihashi split?? Is any pair left in Japan? Should Shin come back for Olympics?

by Anonymousreply 156July 24, 2019 9:01 AM

R156 No other seniors. Miura/Ichihashi may have been the only junior pair that competed last season, too. No word on their social media about the split so far, but they seemed fine together at DOI last month. There’s a rumor that maybe Miura is pairing up with Kihara. Ichihashi has been injured this season and he still does singles.

by Anonymousreply 157July 24, 2019 9:19 AM

R157

yes, they were the only Junior Pair who did International events last season

by Anonymousreply 158July 24, 2019 9:25 AM

I love this. I can’t stop laughing! Is this part of the commercial or is this a fan edit?

R154 I dont agree with the part with SLB. I think it’s the skaters who are unable to portray depth and emotion into the choreography. SLB can’t do anything about that. C and D-tier skaters that go to her probably think all her choreo (or stripped out choreo) can automatically boost performance, but in reality they lack skills, personality, and emotion to perform them. We’ll see next season.

Btw has anyone counted the number of skaters who got choreo from her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159July 24, 2019 10:04 AM

LOL at Shoma's permanently blank face being used for advertisiing. Funniest shit I've seen in awhile. The lights are on but nobody's home.

by Anonymousreply 160July 24, 2019 11:55 AM

I thought they were just going to just have her for a segment, but Zagitova was live on Konya kurabetemimashita and sat with the c-list talents, comedians, and unofficial mascots (funasshi and secret b-celebs dressed up in fake versions of him) like a regular variety show guest. They had her imitate a character from the drama Kyoukara Oreha and showed her two-shot with Hanyu at FaOI Makuhari (since it was taken in Chiba and the theme of the episode was Chiba prefecture). She was asked if they were friends and I missed part of her answer (she spoke for what seemed a long time but the interpreter was very concise and I missed most of it), but said he gave her some words of encouragement and advice during FaOI practices on her jumps. Hopefully someone will upload the video and a Russian speaker can explain her full answer.

Now she has to go down to Osaka to join Uno, Kihira, Sakamoto, Mihara, Marin Honda, Chen, Boyang, Ponsart, Bell, Kolyada (who’s going to do his new programs), Zhou, Hieatashi, Papadakis/Cizeron, Komatsubara/Koleto for The Ice. Chen is choreographing one of the group performances.

Kostner is in Nagoya/Toyota.

by Anonymousreply 161July 24, 2019 1:04 PM

I feel like there’s an ice show somewhere in Japan every week. Does every show sell out all their tickets?

by Anonymousreply 162July 24, 2019 1:52 PM

Bluecosmos posted clip of Zagitova where she talked about Hanyu on Konya Kurabete. She was asked if she and Hanyu get along well, and she said yes, they often interact with each other (interpreter’s words). Then she was asked what they talk about. I think she actually said “no” at first, as if to clarify that they aren’t close or talk often. Then she explained they sometimes practice at the same rink and when she does well, he praises her, and when she doesn’t, he tells her “you’re almost there, just a little bit more.”

The Finnish embassy in Japan tweeted about Uno again, hoping that he’ll remember he was in Helsinki this time (when he’s there for Finlandia) and pissed off some Uno uber.

R162 Only FaOI completely sells out. You can still buy tickets for The Ice and Hyoen for this weekend. There are a lot of shows over the summer, probably too many, but they’re not all in the same parts of the country.

Finnish Embassy tweet:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 24, 2019 2:51 PM

I'm really hoping Hanyu doesn't recycle Otonal. II really don't want to hear the gushing from NBC about Wier especially after what happened at FaOI

by Anonymousreply 164July 24, 2019 4:16 PM

r163 Thanks JDC, the butt hurt by Uno Ubers in the reply is pretty funny. But really, is it asking to much to know what country you're skating in- a little respect would be nice?

by Anonymousreply 165July 24, 2019 4:18 PM

TSL 7/21 – Part 2 – D: with Eteri, “apparently Shoma was actually getting more consistency but wasn’t willing to agree to her conditions.” J: The Japan Times article? D: He’s a strange writer – fanboi? Who is this white guy who’s only interested in Japan? Very “rabbit family” An interest? A fetish? What is happenin’?… What we’ve heard is the problem was the number of jumps Eteri requires.” D believes she requires 12 jumps in a row, which is ‘whoa!’. It really might have been his coach who pushed him into to all this. But Phil thinks this whole experiment (and deciding not to do it) = mature decisions from Shoma. D mentions coachlessness didn’t work for Patrick or Kwan – and for Mao, it was very brief. Uno will work with Lambiel in September and with Takeshi Honda for jumps (who Marin Honda is also working with). Marin is already famous – they question her mental fortitude & whether she feels she ‘needs’ to win. D: This was an awkward article – I feel like all of his are strange. But it’s all we got! 30 Ice Network was a better source: “And everyone needs something to hate” J: “It brought people together (lol).” This may make Takeshi a force - Japan does need a jump coach – they already have the best skating skills in the world - but D wonders why just stop there? Why can’t Takeshi just be Uno’s regular coach? 31 J: Why not Mishin? D: “I don’t know, he took on Bradie (another hard worker) – might have worked but I was horrified by Alexei Urmanov’s poofy costumes and gloves (Dick didn’t love him either). Would they really work on Shoma?” (more Button comments from D’s video tribute to Dick for his 90th birthday and how scathing he could be - “Yuna, stick your foot out, my dear!”)

by Anonymousreply 166July 24, 2019 6:06 PM

TSL 7/21 – Part 3 – 35 “World Roller Games” They think the gorgeous Italian pro pairs roller skater Luca Lucaroni should switch to ice and maybe skate w/Deanna Stellato – (1.02 D wrote to him - they’re now looking for a translator that’s better than Google Translate so they can do an interview on TSL with him (D: “btw, Luca’s costume screamed, “I’m a flamin’ homosexual from hell’ but it could work - results show you DO have to be attractive in fs”) 39 The brilliance of Nicole Bobek with her hydroblade & African dance in Circle of Life (that kind of x factor is what skating needs now!) 41 D wants J to watch the ‘pocket gays’ of diving who train in Indiana w/a pinging Fundamentalist & they are such good Christian boys but have mental ‘issues’ - hmmm wonder why?... (Pan Am Games diving/gymnastics is coming up – D wants J to get into those sports.) 43 Cast of Battle of the Blades was announced: Gordieeva, W&P, Eric, Vanessa, etc. Sandra’s the middle judge. It’ll be an honest reality show unlike the American DWTS because that’s just how Canadians are. D thinks Vanessa will win hearts in the kiss and cry. 46 Tonya Harding podcast: “You’re Wrong About...” A liberal-leaning podcast that casts Tonya as a victim. 55 Kwan is doing Queen Eye... They loved golden oldie Roz somebody… 1.01 Why did Vera stop following Evan on social media? – she has a new boytoy! 1.04 After being wrongly corrected, J explains to D: ‘bravo’ for a man, ‘brava’ for a woman, plural ‘bravi’ (m) and ‘brave’ (f). D: “You opera singers are all insufferable!” END

by Anonymousreply 167July 24, 2019 6:07 PM

* Queen Eye should be Queer Eye.

by Anonymousreply 168July 24, 2019 7:06 PM

R164. Agree with no recycling Otonal. Weir doesn't deserve another season with Otonal. I am hoping that we have two new programs. Please Hanyu!!

by Anonymousreply 169July 24, 2019 9:41 PM

Speaking of that trainwreck. Remember how 2 weeks ago Weir made an announcement re his hiatus from social media? Well, he's already back, announcing his return by posing in his tighty whities and a see-through caftan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170July 24, 2019 9:55 PM

So the Finnish embassy went trolling and pissed off Uno ubers... whereas Uno himself probably couldn't care less. That's pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 171July 25, 2019 1:39 AM

R159 Damn, can't believe i fell for it twice. I thought that *this* had certainly got to be a joke post but then I just saw the commercial itself. So glad I placed my bets on Uno delivering the goods. That and you can always leave it to Japan to make the most entertaining commercials even out of the most head-scratching products. Especially out of the most head-scratching products. Weird+weird=gold.

So this is Uno's first TVC? I hope he gets to do many more. Especially if they're all as promising as this one. Is DHC part of his JOC athlete deal or is it separate?

by Anonymousreply 172July 25, 2019 1:55 AM

FigureSkatingMisc @figureskatingm1

Mai Mihara has canceled her scheduled appearances in The Ice 2019 for health-related reasons.

by Anonymousreply 173July 25, 2019 3:02 AM

r173 Is she the one whom suffers from some chronic condition?

by Anonymousreply 174July 25, 2019 3:17 AM

R174 She has juvenile arthritis.

by Anonymousreply 175July 25, 2019 3:57 AM

So

the Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy to be held in Dongguan at the beginning of August was cancelled.

this week ISU announced that the 2019 Asian Classic Figure Skating Open, part of the Challenger Series, to be held in Taiwan in November has been cancelled and replaced by Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy organized by Hong Kong Federation and to be held in Dongguan (China).

ISU put a statement saying they "received indications from several ISU Asian Member Federations including the Chinese Taipei Skating Union that it would be preferable to host this event in another Asian country. The ISU invited the interested Asian Members to consult each other and agree upon the most suitable host city. As a result and with the specific agreement of the Chinese Taipei Skating Union, it was finally decided that this Challenger Series event would be hosted by the Hong Kong Skating Union Limited to be held in Dongguan City / CHN on Oct. 30-Nov 3, 2019."

Meanwhile, Taiwan Fed basically says the opposite, that they wanted to host, preparations were underway and ISU pulled it out. And they blame China's political pressure

by Anonymousreply 176July 25, 2019 10:19 AM

R179 Reminds me of the CoC bs from last year.

Taiwan should get a medal and an obligatory Hanyu appearance for hosting all those 4CCs.

Btw, looks like we're going to get a double whammy in September, ACI and Lombardia both open the challenger season at the same weekend.

by Anonymousreply 177July 25, 2019 5:10 PM

Shingo is using manner hands with his ice dance partner ??

They compete today at the Minto thing.

Go Shingo!! (and whoever you are beside him)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178July 25, 2019 8:06 PM

Streaming and other info for Minto for those of you who are desperate for some FS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179July 25, 2019 9:06 PM

Speaking at a press event on Thursday, Chinese Taipei Skating Union (CTSU Secretary-General Eddy Wu confirmed the ISU statement that it did propose another Asian country should host the event "as an option" to the ISU in May.

However, that proposal was only made because the CTSU had been informed by members of the ISU that some would boycott the tournament if Taiwan hosted.

Wu did not explain why some members would boycott Taiwan, saying only that there has been "invisible pressure in the international arena." He also would not speculate whether Chinese pressure was the main reason countries threatened to boycott Taiwan as the host.

The CTSU had no option but to ask for ISU support. It was then that Taiwan suggested the event could be hosted by another country as an alternative, he added.

On June 25, the CTSU received a notice from ISU asking for its agreement that Hong Kong could host the event.

"To keep our cordial relations with the ISU and to make sure we would be able to host other events in the future, we had no choice but to say yes," Wu said.

During the press event Wu also apologized for a previous statement from the CTSU which falsely claimed a letter from the ISU said "the current international situation is unsuitable for Taiwan to host such an event."

However, he did not explain why the CTSU claimed on Tuesday the ISU notice received the previous day was the first time they had been informed about the change of venue.

The CTSU later removed that paragraph after admitting to the press that the ISU notice did not contain that line.

Meanwhile, head of the Sports Administration's International Sports Division Hsu Hsiu-ling (許秀玲) told local press that the administration and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will establish an inter-ministerial investigative committee to look into the case.

The committee will determine whether the CTSU's actions violated any laws by intentionally concealing its knowledge as to the change in hosting venue, she added.

During its negotiations with ISU, the CTSU never informed the administration of the obstacles it faced, according to officials.

The CTSU will be instructed to appeal the ISU decision and convey its desire to be allowed to continue to host the event, Hsu said.

by Anonymousreply 180July 25, 2019 9:28 PM

[quote]Kolyada apparently got married during the weekend with a girl who used to skate Pairs for Hungary.

Doesn't Kolyada have anything better to do?

by Anonymousreply 181July 26, 2019 1:07 AM

[Quote] Doesn't Kolyada have anything better to do?

This comment is funny on its own, but it's made funnier by the sheer irony of where it's posted.

by Anonymousreply 182July 26, 2019 6:31 AM

Shingo's RD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183July 26, 2019 6:37 AM

Raf and Vera become US citizens! Vera looks overwhelmed, doesn't she?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184July 26, 2019 6:40 AM

Thanks R183. They looked pleased with their score - 53 something. Looked like he nearly fell at the end and the lifts made me nervous - but hey, if they were smiling, that's good. Japan needs pairs and ID so I hope they work out. I didn't recognize the two young men with them in the standing K&C. Is he still at TCC?

by Anonymousreply 185July 26, 2019 6:52 AM

R185 Yes, they're both at TCC.

I think one of the coaches is Andrew Hallam? (Page 8 for tiny black and white pictures of TCC coaching staff)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186July 26, 2019 4:37 PM

I think the other one may be Joey Russell who used to coach Raya

by Anonymousreply 187July 26, 2019 4:43 PM

Lewis/Gibson

RD: The Blues Brothers (she is wearing a suit similar to his. She is playing one of the brothers)

FD: Madonna (Vogue)

by Anonymousreply 188July 26, 2019 4:51 PM

R188 call me a pleb, but I enjoyed their disco dance. The BB program sounds fun too.

by Anonymousreply 189July 26, 2019 4:59 PM

R186 Lol check out David Wilson's time capsule bio pic from 1988.

by Anonymousreply 190July 26, 2019 5:02 PM

*Fear/Gibson

I always call her with his name...roll

by Anonymousreply 191July 26, 2019 5:03 PM

Yulia rarely smiles but when she does she is really cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192July 26, 2019 6:14 PM

One more program for Shae Lynn

Rizzo's SP: John Legend - Start a Fire

by Anonymousreply 193July 26, 2019 8:26 PM

How long till we complain about Shae Lynn Bourne like we do about Wilson or Danny G?

by Anonymousreply 194July 26, 2019 9:23 PM

I cant be the only one who thinks slb is overrated right?? Her choreo is ugly and boring 8/10 times

by Anonymousreply 195July 26, 2019 9:23 PM

r175 I enjoy her programs more often than not. We'll see whether it changes after this season though.

by Anonymousreply 196July 26, 2019 9:26 PM

She doesnt make good use of the entire ice and u can especially see that during step sequences that are too convoluted and too focused on a specific part of the rink, even yuzu’s ice coverage has become shitty in slb programs imo

by Anonymousreply 197July 26, 2019 10:39 PM

Shae made Seimei... just cause she’s more successful and not Hanyu’s secret anymore doesn’t make her a bad choreographer. She’s actually a genius. She made use of Chen’s pigeon chest with that carnival SP- granted he didn’t really stick to it in the end.

by Anonymousreply 198July 27, 2019 12:10 AM

Who choreographed Nathan's seizure program?

by Anonymousreply 199July 27, 2019 12:26 AM

Seimei is a magnum opus, everyone involved deserves all the awards.

by Anonymousreply 200July 27, 2019 1:12 AM

R199 are you not listening to Wier and Lipinski, it’s the best choreographed program of the past season

by Anonymousreply 201July 27, 2019 2:18 AM

Just like nemesis was the best choreographed program in 2018...although I don’t know what that means...what the fuck is the best choreo program, are there oscars equivalent for choreographers

by Anonymousreply 202July 27, 2019 2:21 AM

I’m probably the only one obsessed with people lying about their height – but in their ISU bios, these guys claim:

Zhou 175 cm (5’9”); Chen 166 cm (5’5”); Uno 158 cm (5’2”); Jin 170 cm (5’7”); Kolyada 167 cm (5’6”)

Wonder if any are fudging. Linked recent photo of them from "The Ice" rehearsals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203July 27, 2019 3:01 AM

IFS Magazine @ifsmagazine 38m

Japan's Utana Yoshida and Shingo Nishiyama were fabulous in the free dance at Minto Summer Skate. Great choice of music and costumes (retro Natalia Mishkutenok and Artur Dmitriev 1992). They finished fourth but they will be challengers on the international stages this season.

by Anonymousreply 204July 27, 2019 3:19 AM

[quote]How long till we complain about Shae Lynn Bourne like we do about Wilson or Danny G?

Whatever happened to Victor Kraatz?

Shae-Lynne Bourne is everywhere these days and yet Victor has disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 205July 27, 2019 4:46 AM

R205 He's now an ice hockey coach.

by Anonymousreply 206July 27, 2019 5:38 AM

Med has some competition!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207July 27, 2019 5:50 AM

Everybody here loves it when they pair up singles skaters, right? Especially when it's Shoma and Alina:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208July 27, 2019 11:40 AM

It’s a fine line of being embarassed by his dramatic flair and loving it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209July 27, 2019 4:03 PM

R209 There is often no line, frankly.

Nathan's new SP - "La Bohème" by Charles Aznavour

by Anonymousreply 210July 27, 2019 7:01 PM

R204 they look like quite classic Don Quixote costumes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211July 27, 2019 7:15 PM

Minto Men SP

Orzel 72.35 (4t+3t, fall on downgraded 4s)9

Toman 67.81 (fall on downgraded quad, 3+2 combo, higher PCS than Orzel)

Nadeau 65.04 (invalid solo jump, messy 3+2 combo, won PCS)

by Anonymousreply 212July 27, 2019 7:20 PM

R210 Nathan doing warhorse....in all black...

by Anonymousreply 213July 27, 2019 7:50 PM

I wouldn't consider Aznavour's La Bohème as a warhorse. It is not the opera. It is this song

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214July 27, 2019 7:59 PM

Can't wait for all the praise on how artistic Nate is because he's skating to a plaintive old French song, as he continues to wave his arms and upper body dramatically around while doing no actual skating of note.

by Anonymousreply 215July 27, 2019 8:11 PM

Is anybody else worried that Yuzuru canceled media day because he's injured?

by Anonymousreply 216July 27, 2019 9:32 PM

R216 of course, that's always a possibility with him. Sigh

by Anonymousreply 217July 27, 2019 9:35 PM

Hanyu pushes himself too hard.

Orser should tell him that the constant injuries of the past several years are a warning to his body to slow down.

by Anonymousreply 218July 27, 2019 10:17 PM

So... Paywalled again... I actualy paied the subscription just to tell you guys that I made a group with anonymous posting on tapatalk. I heard people talking about tapatalk during the first paywalling wave, never used it myself, so I don't know how it'll work out. Anyway, move here:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/yuzuruhanyuandotherfigureskatingtalk/index.php

by Anonymousreply 219July 28, 2019 1:08 PM

Can't post a direct link, just remove the dashes!

by Anonymousreply 220July 28, 2019 1:13 PM

JDC, if you see this, c'mon join us, we're having fun and you can remain anonymous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221August 1, 2019 5:58 PM

Eric & Luis in speedos:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222August 4, 2019 10:36 AM

Scott Moir Is Engaged To Former Skating Partner Jackie Mascarin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223August 10, 2019 2:47 AM

Eric Radford posts photo of hairy chest:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224August 11, 2019 12:57 AM

What could be more exciting than Nathan Chen doing Elton John?

Program announcement for the 19/20 season #NathanChen (USA):

FS - "Rocket Man" by Taron Egerton -- and "Bennie and the Jets" by Elton John, Pink and Logic

by Anonymousreply 225August 11, 2019 1:00 AM

These figure skating threads have sure slowed down.

Anyway, here's a recent pic of Guillaume:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226August 17, 2019 7:20 AM

See R221. Some limitations were put on skating threads - don't know the extent of the restrictions at the moment. So people moved elsewhere like at R221's link or back to FSU or Golden Skate. Or even Reddit?

by Anonymousreply 227August 17, 2019 8:49 AM

Only paying members can post in those threads, that's the limitation, so the general thread just died, apparently, and the Hanyu thread moved out,

by Anonymousreply 228August 21, 2019 5:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!