Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kim Cattrall shades SJP again, says no to SATC 3 film

They say 'never say never', but Kim Cattrall has now made it clear she will 'never' partake in Sex and the City 3.

The 62-year-old beauty, who played the much loved character of Samantha Jones, confirmed on Sunday that she would never be returning to the franchise, taking a slight jab at known enemy, Sarah Jessica Parker.

Speaking with Mail Online, the beauty made light of her ongoing feud, even hinting the 54-year-old wasn't a 'good person'.

When asked if there was any chance she'd appear in another Sex and the City movie, she replied 'Never. It's a no from me,' without any hesitation.

'You learn lessons in life and my lesson is to do work with good people and try and make it fun.' While rumors of a feud have swirled for years, the depth of Kim and Sarah's strained friendship came to light after the the grief-stricken 62-year-old slammed the Carrie Bradshaw star's Tweet after her brother's death which Kim revealed that it was a suicide.

You are not my family. You are not my friend. So I'm writing to tell you one last time to stop exploiting our tragedy in order to restore your "nice girl" persona,' Kim wrote.

It came after Sarah had written: 'Dearest Kim, my love and condolences to you and yours and Godspeed to your beloved brother. Xx,' underneath her announcement of brother Chris' death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5101/12/2021

Meow!!

by Anonymousreply 107/14/2019

This is super old news

by Anonymousreply 207/14/2019

I don't quite understand. Was the feud ongoing throughout the show and HBO tried to make peace since it was hugely popular? Or did things sour over the first two movies? It seems like if it was such a toxic set, why would you stay for so long?

by Anonymousreply 307/14/2019

Satc was mostly awful but I really think Kim is a borderline personality disordered head case. Normal people don't carry on so melodramatically about a former Co worker. Move the fuck on you bitter cunt.

by Anonymousreply 407/14/2019

Oh who cares, just kill Samantha off and up Jennifer Hudsons role ...

by Anonymousreply 507/14/2019

Once she's broke, she'll be lured out of obscurity for a reunion, and will make kissy-face like they all do. Here's a hint, Kim: Susan Richardson!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 607/14/2019

She'll always be Lassie to me.

by Anonymousreply 707/14/2019

Lordie, will these two aging and unattractive hags just disappear into retirement and oblivion already?! It's like they've made middle-aged careers out of one suggesting their former hit show's next sequel while the other one responds that she never will agree to it.

by Anonymousreply 807/14/2019

At least Susan Dey showed some class.

by Anonymousreply 907/14/2019

Uh, raccoon eyes do not enhance SJP's "features"

by Anonymousreply 1007/14/2019

At this stage of the game who's really interested in another Sex And The City movie? It's ancient history - and the stars are heading into that territory too.

by Anonymousreply 1107/14/2019

OP This story is as old as you are

by Anonymousreply 1207/14/2019

Parker may well have been cunty but she's become Cattralls' perpetual scapegoat for all of her personal and career dissapointments. I suspect part of KC 's anger is that she believes she should have had a better and more illustrious career and was only held back by sex and the City. The problem is that Cattrall was never talented enough to be a bigger star. SATC kept her in the limelight much longer than she would have been without it.

by Anonymousreply 1307/14/2019

A Whatever Happened To Carrie Bradshaw movie should be in the works instead.

by Anonymousreply 1407/14/2019

That's shocking R6!

by Anonymousreply 1507/14/2019

R12, It's in current news, cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1607/14/2019

[quote]At least Susan Dey showed some class.

Excuse me?

by Anonymousreply 1707/14/2019

One thing about women- they can never let go of a grudge.

by Anonymousreply 1807/15/2019

Was DL more Team Kim or Team SJP?

by Anonymousreply 1902/06/2020

Team Kim

by Anonymousreply 2002/06/2020

Nobody asked ya, Kim. We got it.

by Anonymousreply 2102/06/2020

"One thing about women- they can never let go of a grudge."

As opposed to men who will kill you over a grudge?

by Anonymousreply 2202/06/2020

It’s over, move on - we have.

by Anonymousreply 2302/06/2020

Is that Mannequin available?

by Anonymousreply 2402/06/2020

It’s bizarre to me that she is in an absolute rage because SJP sent a condolence tweet. So what? What did she expect her to do? Tweet “I’m glad your brother is dead, you cunt”?

Obviously they’re not close and if Kim is that angry when she talks to SJP in person, I wouldn’t want to call her either. A tweet gets the message across without having to exposure herself to angry crazy lady having a rant.

There’s nothing wrong with even casual acquaintances sending a brief condolence message. Even people that don’t really like you, if they’re a coworker. It’s just good manners.

by Anonymousreply 2502/06/2020

[quote]A tweet gets the message across without having to exposure herself to angry crazy lady having a rant.

So does a quietly mailed sympathy card, moron.

by Anonymousreply 2602/06/2020

That link to the "story" only goes to film of a red carpet "event" w/Sarah Jessica (wearing literally a dog of a dress) and end-times personality Andy Cohen. Not one thing to support the quoted article, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2702/06/2020

R6 are you kidding? Cattrall was the most famous member of that cast when she went in. She has residuals.

by Anonymousreply 2802/06/2020

Maybe she just doesn't want to have to lose weight to be in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 2902/06/2020

A reminder that the one thing the media and everyone involved with the SATC 3 project never mentioned-- Cattrall's agents probably had given a yes to the project. The project was moving forward, Cattrall claims that she never said yes and never entertained it....Her agents probably kept the offer warm, suggesting behind the scenes she was far more likely to do it. Because they would have earned millions if they could have talked her into it. and its not like there are other big money projects on the horizon. So her agents gave every impression they were moving towards yes...this happens ALL THE TIME with big money offers on movies actors dont want to do or possibly never bother reading. It's most likely to happen in a scenario like this--where the actor has nothing else of value on the horizon and the agents make one final play to push them to say yes and sign the contract--at that point, the talent is stuck and the agents really dont care if the actor jumps agencies--they might even prefer it. they got their money, bought a new Ferrari or house, and the actor earns big money. Nobodys fault, just the way the game is played (and usually, the actor ends up just doing it because everyone around them is pushing them to say yes)

by Anonymousreply 3002/06/2020

Cattrall might be tempted to be in a remake of My Friend Flicka if SJC was cast in the title role.

by Anonymousreply 3102/06/2020

Can everyone just stop asking her now? It's so tedious at this point, she couldn't be more clear that she's not going to do it, and they are not going to do it without her so it's dead, move on!

I don't blame her either - not everyone puts money above all else and it's good to see someone with some integrity.

I would love Ryan Murphy to do another season of Feud with these two though, it would be iconic! Who would play the main roles?

by Anonymousreply 3202/06/2020

Highly unlikely there will be another SATC movie. SJP is bring doing a other TV reboot: Mrs.Ed

by Anonymousreply 3302/07/2020

This is an old article UKGuy, I don't think anyone is still asking her.

by Anonymousreply 3402/07/2020

Why did R19 bump this 7 month old article? Nobody is still asking about a new SATC movie.

by Anonymousreply 3502/07/2020

So sue me, r35.

by Anonymousreply 3602/07/2020

Team Kim

by Anonymousreply 3702/07/2020

Let it go already.

by Anonymousreply 3802/07/2020

[Quote] at that point, the talent is stuck and the agents really dont care if the actor jumps agencies--they might even prefer it. they got their money, bought a new Ferrari or house, and the actor earns big money.

Sounds like a fun job 😑

by Anonymousreply 3902/07/2020

R22 has joined us from r/gendercritical.

by Anonymousreply 4002/07/2020

She'll always be Lassie to me.

by Anonymousreply 4102/07/2020

Really? I don't know of any man who would kill over a grudge.

The drama between all those women is uniquely female.

Actresses can't work together.

The female relationships they portrayed onscreen are a ludicrous fantasy. The reality is playing out off-screen.

by Anonymousreply 4202/07/2020

Has there been any show about female friends that wasn't a total powder keg of drama off-camera?

SATC, Desperate Housewives, The Golden Girls, Designing Women, Alice, even The View...

by Anonymousreply 4302/07/2020

[quote] Has there been any show about female friends that wasn't a total powder keg of drama off-camera?

Sisters - All four actresses are still close after these years.

by Anonymousreply 4402/07/2020

The cast of Sisters reunited 18 years later - all still very good friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4502/07/2020

It could be worse.

by Anonymousreply 4602/07/2020

Kim is an amazing jazz musician!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4701/11/2021

I wish Kim had said no to SATC 2 because that was a fucking embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 4801/11/2021

Matthew needs to lead her out to a nice, peaceful pasture. She'll just go on and on making these things otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 4901/11/2021

SJP has been cunty af on a twitter thread about innovative ways to write Samantha out of the show.

by Anonymousreply 5001/11/2021

Will Kim agree to do it now?

by Anonymousreply 5101/12/2021
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!