Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

PrEP Use Up 500 Percent

Guys are popping them like jelly beans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215July 25, 2019 11:26 PM

Why anyone thinks this drug is safe is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 1July 14, 2019 9:43 PM

R1 is right. Only idiots listen to science and doctors. Much smarter to take advice from anonymously strangers online.

by Anonymousreply 2July 14, 2019 9:45 PM

^ LOL

by Anonymousreply 3July 14, 2019 10:01 PM

People want da cum.

by Anonymousreply 4July 15, 2019 7:37 AM

They do R4. I'm a hard muscular top. And i regularly get guys sending me unsolicited messages on apps, asking if i will fill their asses up with cum. Some offer money or drugs. I could easily have questionable sex every day, if I had the stomach for it.

by Anonymousreply 5July 15, 2019 7:53 AM

Fucking all day

by Anonymousreply 6July 15, 2019 8:11 AM

R2 I highly doubt doctors would recommend taking PrEP 30 minutes before a stranger fills you with semen. I don't think people are using this drug correctly.

by Anonymousreply 7July 15, 2019 8:23 AM

PREP should be used in conjunction with condoms to help to prevent HIV more effectively and to help against spreading other STDs - but at the end of the day its up to each individual to decide for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 8July 15, 2019 8:32 AM

I'm mutating as we speak!

by Anonymousreply 9July 15, 2019 10:27 AM

R7 I think you're right. I do think some people aren't using it correctly or only use it sporadically to save money.

That is completely different from PrEP not being safe, which is what R1 says

by Anonymousreply 10July 15, 2019 10:42 AM

R10 Maybe he referred to disregarding potential side effects that all drugs have?

Remember that the whole idea of pharmacology is, allegedly, that its usefulness is measured by the ratio between the side effects and the degree to which the drug meets its goals.

by Anonymousreply 11July 15, 2019 11:01 AM

What annoys me about PrEP usage going up with gay men, is not so much about taking PrEP, but the reasons why a huge percentage of gay men are taking PrEP. Remember, having bareback sex with another guy and even cumming in him, is not what causes HIV. HIV enters the bloodstream when a man's anal walls are cut. And gay men wouldn't need to worry so much about HIV if they would stop having rough anal sex to the point of causing cuts inside the anus. This is the actual problem. That and having promiscuous unprotected sex with several men that you don't know are clean and healthy to begin with. Add dirty drug use on top of that too, because too many gay men are sharing needles and other drug paraphernalia, which will spread HIV far quicker and far more than unprotected sex with anonymous men.

So, if gay men would stop the extreme sexual recklessness, choose healthy men carefully, take care of their own health and build their immune systems up, and stop having rough anal sex; then you could still have bareback sex and not run the risk of catching any STD. But this isn't what majority of gay men are doing, and this is where things to need to drastically change. Otherwise, we'll go back in the past, if we aren't already there. Only difference is, we have pills to take to help, but they don't give 100% security. Security starts with each individual gay man making better choices, otherwise there will be consequences.

by Anonymousreply 12July 15, 2019 11:05 AM

Ugh meant to say I was R2 at R10

by Anonymousreply 13July 15, 2019 11:07 AM

Any corollary in STD statistics?

by Anonymousreply 14July 15, 2019 2:50 PM

R12 is wrong:

[quote]HIV enters the bloodstream when a man's anal walls are cut. And gay men wouldn't need to worry so much about HIV if they would stop having rough anal sex to the point of causing cuts inside the anus.

That is only one vector (specifically, that HIV enters the bloodstream due to cuts). Yes, it does happen, but it is not the predominant method. R12 completely ignores (or perhaps simply doesn't understand) the fact that the reason HIV spread so quickly and efficiently among gay men is that the lining of the anus is absorbent (due to its role in the digestion and processing of waste) and is part of the perfect storm that made AIDs so devastating to the gay community.

R12 reveals his own bias saying:

[quote]choose healthy men carefully,

This is an old meme that was dismissed and criticized starting early in the AIDs crisis. You cannot determine someone's status based on how "healthy" they look.

R12, stop spreading misinformation.

Here's how to protect yourself: GET TESTED. If you're sexually active, go on PrEP. Use condoms. Communicate with your potential partners. Discuss your status and be honest. Don't use drugs and/or alcohol as they inhibit your best instincts and enable your worst. Practice monogamy. Engage in "safe" behaviors. There, I've given you eight pieces of advice, all of which will better protect you against transmission than using your partner's looks as a guide.

And finally, a question for R9: If HIV were going to mutate, when would this happen? Does it take 5 years, 15 years, 25 years, or how long? Since you're an expert on viral genetic mutation, you should be able to answer this simple query. I mean, guys like you have been screeching about a mutating virus since the inception of antiretrovirals some 20 years ago, and despite all of the medical evidence and the opinions of experts, you continue to tell us you know more than the doctors and scientists working on HIV, so do tell us when to expect this mutated virus. We'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 15July 15, 2019 3:58 PM

Yesterday, I fucked a trick who had always insisted on a condom. But this time, his profile on Grindr said he was on Prep. I gleefully shoved my bare cock into his ass and shot my load deep into his guts.

Prep is a miracle.

I only hope that I didn’t give him AIRBORNE SUPER AIDS, but that the risk you take when you have gay sex.

by Anonymousreply 16July 15, 2019 4:17 PM

I thrilled more and more gay men are using PrEP.

All those years of "use condoms every time" turned out to be a miserable failure. The rate of new HIV transmission never went down during those years.

Yes, everyone was well-meaning when they put out the condom message, but human nature is what it is. It worked as well as "eat less" works for fat people.

PrEP is a way for bottoms, especially, to take charge of their own health and not worry about whether the top is lying about his status or stealthily takes off the condom midway or the condom breaks.

Sure, there may be super aids way down the pike but at least bottoms can protect themselves from the current non-super aids

by Anonymousreply 17July 15, 2019 4:26 PM

[quote] PREP should be used in conjunction with condoms to help to prevent HIV more effectively

No one uses condoms and PrEP together. Absolutely no one.

by Anonymousreply 18July 15, 2019 4:27 PM

Why do sluts have to ruin everything?

by Anonymousreply 19July 15, 2019 4:29 PM

[quote] I do think some people aren't using it correctly or only use it sporadically to save money.

The "Weekend PrEP" regimen (use two pills at least an hour before sex and then one pill 24 hours later and another pill 24 hours after that; if sex continues, continue the pills for at least 48 hours afterwards) is now being recommended by the NYC Dept of Health.

Studies show it can prevent HIV up to 60 % (while the daily regimen prevents it over 90%)

by Anonymousreply 20July 15, 2019 4:29 PM

Nothing has been ruined r19

Let the loads flow. Let the assholes gape. What a time to be alive.

by Anonymousreply 21July 15, 2019 4:30 PM

[quote] Why do sluts have to ruin everything?

HIV isn't relegated to just sluts. There are many cases of people getting HIV the first time they had sex

by Anonymousreply 22July 15, 2019 4:30 PM

[quote] Why anyone thinks this drug is safe is beyond me.

Either take PrEP to prevent HIV or get HIV and take this and many other nonsafe drugs for the rest of your life

by Anonymousreply 23July 15, 2019 4:32 PM

This thread is depressing.

by Anonymousreply 24July 15, 2019 4:41 PM

Here comes the super big. Everyone thinks they are invulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 25July 15, 2019 4:43 PM

This thread is glorious, if you live in reality r24

For the maiden aunts....not so much

by Anonymousreply 26July 15, 2019 4:44 PM

The release of these findings and Connor Jessup coming out can't be a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 27July 15, 2019 4:49 PM

I already had r12 blocked. No idea why. So im not surprised he is spreading false information about safe sex habits. Remember the trolls on this site hate gay men. They are only pretending to pose as us to bring us down

by Anonymousreply 28July 15, 2019 4:51 PM

R28 is a secret Boris.

by Anonymousreply 29July 15, 2019 5:00 PM

I am R1 and I was referring to the side effects of PREP, liver damage, bone loss etc.

by Anonymousreply 30July 15, 2019 11:25 PM

Yes, [R1], side effects due to using a deprecated formula of Tenofovir. People can google TFV (older, bad) vs. TFA (newer, better) for more information.

by Anonymousreply 31July 15, 2019 11:38 PM

Wrong acronyms, R31! The two types of tenofovir are TDF (old and used in Truvada) and TAF (new).

by Anonymousreply 32July 15, 2019 11:41 PM

Short term side effects:

Short term side effects are often the most noticeable, though usually occur at the commencement of your medication and often for a short period. Side effect 1: nausea

One possible side effect of PrEP can be nausea, which can be a feeling of queasiness, unease or discomfort in the stomach and sometimes with the urge to vomit. If you are experiencing this, it most usually will pass after the first few weeks of taking PrEP.

As some PrEP users have found, taking the tablet during or soon after a meal can reduce the nausea.

Side effect 2: headaches

Headaches can be caused by a number of different things, such as being dehydrated or a lack of sleep, but headaches can also be triggered by certain medications. If you experience headaches after starting PrEP that persist, are severe or if you are concerned for any other reason, you should talk to your healthcare provider.

Your prescribing doctor may recommend you take a form of paracetamol to assist in alleviating headaches. Otherwise, they usually subside within a few weeks to a month after your first dose.

Side effect 3: diarrhoea

Though uncommon, some guys may find a need to go to the toilet more frequently and when doing so it may be looser or runnier than normal. If this occurs, it should subside in around three to four weeks. Again, if severity increases then you should get in touch with your healthcare provider.

Some people find it better to take the tablet with a meal. Experiment with the time of day you take it to see what works. Longer term side effects:

While much less common, there are some side effects that might impact you as you take PrEP over an extended period.

Side effect 4: liver health

In rare cases taking PrEP can affect your liver health. If you notice your skin or the white parts of your eyes turning yellow, dark ‘tea-coloured’ urine, light coloured stools or loss of appetite for several days or longer you should mention this to your prescribing doctor immediately. Side effect 5: kidney health

While uncommon, PrEP can also affect your kidney health so your doctor will examine your kidneys at the time of starting PrEP.

If you take gym and exercise supplements with creatine they may interfere with your kidney function test, by showing what looks like high levels of creatinine. This, however, is artificial and not a true indication your kidney health. If you are taking any supplements, you should inform your doctor. Side effect 6: loss of bone density

In some rare cases, PrEP may cause some loss of bone density, which can lead to a higher chance of bone fractures. Should this occur, you can cease taking PrEP and your bone density will recover over time.

Part of the PrEP program ensures that you visit your PrEP prescriber regularly for repeat HIV and STI testing, as well as regularly checking bone density, kidney and liver function.

by Anonymousreply 33July 16, 2019 6:31 AM

Oops! link:

I'd rather just have sex with HIV- guys and use rubbers. Problem solved!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 16, 2019 6:32 AM

[quote] Only idiots listen to science and doctors. Much smarter to take advice from anonymously strangers online.

You really are an idiot. Do you know the shit doctors gave gays to combat HIV and AIDS that ended up killing them??!

by Anonymousreply 35July 16, 2019 6:38 AM

No one under 50 knows what AZT was, R35. The kids are the new barebacking culture. In their 40s, they'll all be on disability for liver failure, because irony.

by Anonymousreply 36July 16, 2019 6:58 AM

without idiots, big pharma would be dead. We would have companies making profits only if the drugs are efficient, meaning that their effects would be monitored by public health institutions, not managed by corrupt politicians working for obscure lobbies, or advertising agencies.

We all know that HIV enters the system mostly through infections from sexually transmitted diseases... Contrary to public relations messages (those that gays are more sensitive to since science is too much work), the STD factor is the most important because it's the door to HIV.

Prep doesn't deal with STDs. Only knowledge, self-love and responsibility do.

What about long-term side effects of Prep? R33 tells us about short-term side-feects, but we are talking about treatments that are developped for people who ALREADY have HIV?

I choose not to use a medication until I get the disease it has been specifically developped for, because I don't want an acquired tolerance to reduce the efficiency of the medication in case I get the disease in question.

I will need my kidney, liver, brain and bone marrow in good health to heal, so I will NEVER destroy them for a bad fuck with an idiot. SO no neo-AZT for me!

I am probably dumb to think that way.

Responsibility is so old school... What is so cool today is to convince the whole gay population (HIV positive or not), that they have to be medicated.

And it works!!!

It's perfectly normal for kids to think that they are invulnerable... Adults who still think so need more psychological help than Prep.

by Anonymousreply 37July 17, 2019 3:25 AM

And don't forget to drink lots of Vodka to push the pill down... I heard it increases the efficiency of Prep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 17, 2019 3:26 AM

Western culture trusts doctors too much. The medical industry has been ruined by a perversion of capitalism. Doctors often prescribe dangerous drugs just for the money.

by Anonymousreply 39July 17, 2019 3:54 AM

R37

[bold]MARY

by Anonymousreply 40July 17, 2019 4:02 AM

You sound like an anti vaxxer r39

by Anonymousreply 41July 17, 2019 4:03 AM

R41 I'm not an anti-vaxxer. I just know how the medical industry works. Doctors give a lot of bad advice by just following outdated traditions. There seems to be a disconnect between science and medicine.

by Anonymousreply 42July 17, 2019 4:10 AM

Yep....Jenny McCarthy and Jessica Biel are your trusted sources r42

You’ve been doing research on the Internet haven’t you? You’ve read 4 or 5 articles and now you’re equivalent to an infectious disease MD. Do you want for your own carcass, but I’ll put my trust in my PCP.

by Anonymousreply 43July 17, 2019 4:18 AM

R43 No, I come from a family of scientists. I don't look to celebrities for medical advice.

by Anonymousreply 44July 17, 2019 4:20 AM

I've been on it for 2 months now. Haven't gotten laid yet.

However, as a 44 year old man, I vividly remember the AIDS crisis being in full force when I was coming to terms with my sexuality. It really fucked me up mentally to the point where up until my late 30's it stymied my sex life. Thanks to my therapist, it's improved. I will, by no means, go BB. I don't want any other STIs. PreP has allowed me to feel less neurotic when it comes to meeting up with guys.

by Anonymousreply 45July 17, 2019 4:49 AM

You're taking PreP and not having sex? That's neurotic, hon. Enjoy your kidneys while they last.

by Anonymousreply 46July 17, 2019 4:56 AM

PreP should be outlawed. The only thing it is doing is increasing sexually transmitted diseases. There were already condoms. If that wasn't enough, you should stop having sex. Medical researchers should be ashamed of themselves for coming up with these types of drugs that cause harm to the general population for profit.

by Anonymousreply 47July 17, 2019 5:18 AM

To the person above snottily asking about viral genetic mutation, the answer is that HIV is constantly mutating. Every single day. The question you need an answer to is when will it mutate into something that will create a plague level event that will cause all drugs to become ineffective and ease the mode of transmission to the point where intimate contact is no longer required. The answer to that question could be tomorrow or 20 years from now. These drugs and the irresponsible sexual behavior they allow speed up the mutation rate because the more hosts the virus encounters, the more it mutates.

People like you are like climate change deniers. Yes, climate changes naturally but irresponsible human behavior is speeding it up. Yes, HIV mutates naturally but irresponsible human behavior is speeding it up. Now, go educate yourself. Your ignorance will kill you.

by Anonymousreply 48July 17, 2019 5:40 AM

We seem to be having the same argument that we always have in any Prep related thread.

Anti science and bitter old folks: do what you want. Young people will not listen to you anyway. You will be dead soon.

Science believers and those who are having sex: take Prep, get tested every 3 months, and enjoy life, because, life is, indeed, a banquet.

by Anonymousreply 49July 17, 2019 5:46 AM

The problem is idiots believe prep will shield them from all type of decease, and they can have as much bare sex as they want without catching anything. Medicine is not magic.

by Anonymousreply 50July 17, 2019 5:49 AM

A banquet of kidney and liver failure! Delish, R49! Enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 17, 2019 5:50 AM

R51 It seems like you trot out that liver and kidney failure claim in every prep thread. Do you believe all prescription medications destroy organs or just the ones you have an uninformed and misguided moral objection to?

by Anonymousreply 52July 17, 2019 6:03 AM

R49, you've got it backwards. It the people who know science who understand that PreP is a horrible idea. It's the ignorant who are doing what they want, damn the consequences. The problem is that those consequences will affect all of us eventually because unprotected sex will not only cause HIV to mutate more quickly but all the other STDs. And, that will happen during a time when antibiotics are becoming less and less effective. Like I said, your ignorance will kill you.

by Anonymousreply 53July 17, 2019 6:10 AM

Sure gramps at r53....whatever you say.

Would you like to go to Sizzler when I visit you next week? Malibu Chicken was always your favorite.

by Anonymousreply 54July 17, 2019 6:14 AM

What is it doing to their liver? In addition to all the other drugs they imbibe in. They'll have the liver of an 85 yr. old man.

by Anonymousreply 55July 17, 2019 6:19 AM

R52, I simply googled "PrEP side effects" and linked the most reputable link. See my R34.

If basic information that's readily available is too much for you and (you again, or your pal) R54 to handle, that's your loss.

I've had more great sex than you'll ever have and stayed HIV-negative all along. We "gramps" gays lived through a pandemic without behaving like you, or being ageist jackasses. Pop all the pills you want and fuck as much as you like. We look forward to ignoring your future posts complaining about your related health issues, STDs and other whining.

And if you get by while taking it with no side effects, you can thank a bunch of "gramps" in a laboratory, not anyone of your generation, you ungrateful twonk.

by Anonymousreply 56July 17, 2019 6:33 AM

R54, your ignorant and childish response speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 57July 17, 2019 6:37 AM

Gramps, I like listening to your stories about the old days....you tell the same ones every time I visit you...but can we talk about something different? You know...present day? Let’s talk about modern day science. Look at my phone...I can text, instantaneously, with people on the other side of the planet. Do you know about Google? It has all the scientific articles that could want to. See? Modern medicine has eliminated polio and small pox. There’s even a pill that prevents people from being infected with HIV! I know...it is a miracle. We don’t need to live in fear anymore. The nurse is here...time for you to take your pills.

by Anonymousreply 58July 17, 2019 6:46 AM

R53 stop spreading anti science rumors and untruths

by Anonymousreply 59July 17, 2019 6:55 AM

R58 = pathetic little cunt. Tell us all about your texting obsession. Tell us all about your gender fluidity. Tell us all about your neurotic OCD and how much you hate your parents, with whom you live. Tell us about drugs that WE, not you, developed. Tell us all about things we know, because you think you created them.

Better yet, don't. No one cares.

by Anonymousreply 60July 17, 2019 7:21 AM

R58 is quite invested in this thread. He's also a sloppy slut:

"Yesterday, I fucked a trick who had always insisted on a condom. But this time, his profile on Grindr said he was on Prep. I gleefully shoved my bare cock into his ass and shot my load deep into his guts."

"Let the loads flow. Let the assholes gape. What a time to be alive."

What a time to be a little whore!

by Anonymousreply 61July 17, 2019 7:23 AM

The the bitter anti-vaxx elder queens here: I truly am sorry about what all of you went through in the 90s. I can't imagine that. I'm sorry you still don't feel safe having sex.

But I'm not going to ruin my own life and turn out a miserable sexless cunt just because bitter anonymous people online tell me to. You really aren't fooling anyone here.

by Anonymousreply 62July 17, 2019 11:01 AM

This will end well...for me anyway.

by Anonymousreply 63July 17, 2019 1:01 PM

PrEP will end HIV.

Socioeconomic groups with access to truvada (white MSM) are experiencing virtually no new cases of HIV for the first time since the 80s. Why do you think there’s such a push for Gilead to make it accessible to all those without insurance?

Condoms are still extremely important to prevent STIs, and we should all use them outside of monogamous relationships. The problem is we (as a whole) don’t. If we did, there would not have been so many HIV cases over the past 30 years. Before you get on your safe sex soap box, ask yourself if you use condoms every time for oral. If not, you’re spreading gonorrhea and chlamydia. Did you get the HPV vaccine? If not, you’re spreading ass and throat cancer.

by Anonymousreply 64July 17, 2019 1:56 PM

The "safe sex every time" message has FAILED MISERABLY.

Since no one is abstaining from sex, the ONLY way to hopefully eradicate HIV is via chemical means--Prep and, hopefully eventually, a vaccine.

Human just can't stop their biological urges so we have to rely on drugs

by Anonymousreply 65July 17, 2019 1:58 PM

[quote] PreP should be outlawed. The only thing it is doing is increasing sexually transmitted diseases. There were already condoms. If that wasn't enough, you should stop having sex.

Let's go back to when there was no PrEP and we had only condoms....HIV spread like wildfire.

by Anonymousreply 66July 17, 2019 2:01 PM

[quote]The question you need an answer to is when will it mutate into something that will create a plague level event that will cause all drugs to become ineffective and ease the mode of transmission to the point where intimate contact is no longer required.

MARY!

Okay R48, let's do this again. You're claiming to be an infectious disease specialist (and I'd like to see your credentials, but that's another matter), so do tell us why the so-called "superbug" has not emerged. You seem to know it will, for a certainty, so tell us why, after 20 years of antiretrovirals, the virus hasn't mutated — at least not to the extent that you project.

[quote]People like you are like climate change deniers. Yes, climate changes naturally but irresponsible human behavior is speeding it up. Yes, HIV mutates naturally but irresponsible human behavior is speeding it up. Now, go educate yourself. Your ignorance will kill you.

Oh, please. People like me are intelligent enough to see through conjecture and innuendo. The more apt analogy would be to suggest that PrEP-fatalists (that you be you, R48) are like climate change deniers as you deny medical and scientific fact out some perverse desire to see gay men suffer (I suppose you'd say something like "the consequences of your behavior" or some other shaming bullshit that has no place in a discussion of medical fact). The virus has no conscience. It infects with impunity. And it doesn't care whether you're a virgin or a slut, so get off your high horse and join the rest of us on planet Earth dealing with a disease that has far exceeded the threshold for moral judgement than it warrants.

Thirty years ago, an HIV diagnosis was fatal. I held far too many brothers reeling from their test results to pass judgement on them in their most desperate moments. Antiretrovirals changed the landscape in ways that were unimaginable. Would you really prefer that we go back to the olden days before we had treatments that saved lives out of fear that the virus will mutate into something even worse? What other diseases should we stop treating and preventing because the side effects pose specific (albeit known, watchable and mitigated) risk? Should we ignore the potential to prevent HIV transmission out of some perceived threat lacking evidence, experience and, you know, science? How many gay men are you going to kill because [italic]you[/italic] are uneducated, ill informed and chomping at the bit to pass moral judgement?

If it's "snotty" to prefer that gay men survive and thrive, then I'll happily wear that slur with pride.

by Anonymousreply 67July 17, 2019 3:48 PM

This thread is really about a bunch of eldergays furious that younger generations are having much more gay sex than they got to. They keep coming up with ludicrous and increasingly bizarre explanations (now if we don't stop using prep a virus will soon wipe out humanity apparently) but really they just don't like that we have sexual autonomy. And they think we can be convinced to give it up.

It's not really very different from middle aged fraus who enjoy slut shaming young girls and tell them they will get raped or get diseases or no one will want to marry them if they keep having sex.

by Anonymousreply 68July 17, 2019 4:05 PM

Tell me you're on PREP and I run away, no thanks

by Anonymousreply 69July 17, 2019 4:09 PM

R68 is exactly right.

by Anonymousreply 70July 17, 2019 4:11 PM

I love to fuck raw so good for these kids.

by Anonymousreply 71July 17, 2019 4:20 PM

Oh, bitch R68, STFU. You and your snide little twat pal R58 think you invented sex? R58 filled up an entire other thread bragging about hooking up with cum dumpsters on Grindr. Again, very sad to have to brag about having sex on an anonymous website (how sad is that?).

Your smarmy narcissism predictably places YOU at the center of attention, YOU as the best example of how, when and how often to have sex, since you're a self-centered egotist. Your snide comments are Trumpian in their angry determination to divide generations. Again, self-centered slut, who he fuck do you think invented PReP? A 20-year-old twink?

You snide little runt. If you're going to compare notches on bedposts, I'm sure many of the "gramps" on this website can better your mewling, whining and humblebragging hookup app addictions. We "Elders" knew how to find hot men without apps. Take away your phones and you little shits wouldn't even know how to cross the street, let alone get laid.

by Anonymousreply 72July 17, 2019 6:58 PM

R72 Calm down old man

Don’t get so emotional about something that doesn’t concern you anymore. You’re liable to have a stroke if you keep like this. You are still a valued contributor...just not on this subject.

by Anonymousreply 73July 17, 2019 7:14 PM

Fuck off, young cunt.

Don't get so smug about something that is your obsessive only concern. You're liable to get hit by a bus while walkxting if you keep up with sophomoric attempts at multitasking humor with your obsessive compulsive cock-hounding. You're not a valued anything, anywhere, especially not this subject. Your only concerns on this website are about cum-dumping and drugs. What a full life!

by Anonymousreply 74July 17, 2019 7:27 PM

Wow...grandpa needs his medication.

Bitter old people are unattractive. Nobody wants to spend time with them. Consider that. It’s not too late to change your attitude.

by Anonymousreply 75July 17, 2019 7:34 PM

No, R68, this thread is really about a bunch of quickly aging twinks furious that older generations got to have much more gay sex than they will, and much better sex, too.

The twinks keep hating on their gay forefathers, and bragging about their cheap meaningless hookups as if to validate their young shallow lives. They keep coming up with ludicrous and increasingly bizarre explanations justifying their vicious hatred of people other than themselves, who are also responsible for creating the drugs they worship as "a miracle."

They make inane associations that anyone who shares side effects is some anti-vax nutbag, while stupidly forgetting that the gay men they pathetically attempt to demean were the ones fighting for these drugs decades ago.,

The snide twink(s) on this thread deeply resents the sexual liberation while fraudulently taking credit for it. It's not really very different from petulant children who deliberately break things to get Mommy's attention. Sad, really. Nobody wants to spend time with them after sex.

It's not too late to change your attitude, snide ugly little twinks.

by Anonymousreply 76July 17, 2019 7:41 PM

I wonder if r76 is going to have an aneurysm before he’s finished with “The Wisdom Of The Elders” opining that he’s been going on about for such a long time.

Face it gramps...Prep is a success. And nothing you can do will change that.

by Anonymousreply 77July 17, 2019 7:50 PM

Hey, fucktwat R77. You didn't invent it. But you're quite a shill. Good for you for landing a temp job.

by Anonymousreply 78July 17, 2019 7:53 PM

LOL first they blast us nonstop for daring to use prep (Don't you realize it will cause a plague?!?1?).

Now they blast us for not being grateful enough for prep. These old men are a trip 😂

by Anonymousreply 79July 17, 2019 7:56 PM

No, we blast you for being the smug stupid little twits that you are. You can only think in binary terms: good/bad old/young sex/no sex

Again, asshole, you didn't invent bareback sex. Put that info into your tiny undeveloped brains.

by Anonymousreply 80July 17, 2019 7:59 PM

“We”? R80

No....you’re only a crowd of one, gramps.

You really need to get checked for senior dementia, because this vitriol over a life saving drug is nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 81July 17, 2019 8:24 PM

Lmao r81 it really does sound crazy when you put it that way. Completely unhinged rants, threats of global annihilation, and attacks like "self-centered slut" all because we choose to use life saving medicine and refuse to be bullied out of it.

by Anonymousreply 82July 17, 2019 8:28 PM

Piper's peter pecked a pack of pickled preppers

by Anonymousreply 83July 17, 2019 8:33 PM

R81, you really need to stop obsessing about drugs and ass.

That's all your life is, apparently. Why not start a PReP cult? you can worship it like an altar, sinse sex and pills are all you have.

R81's gems:

PrEP Use Up 500 Percent

Yesterday, I fucked a trick who had always insisted on a condom. But this time, his profile on Grindr said he was on Prep. I gleefully shoved my bare cock into his ass and shot my load deep into his guts.

Prep is a miracle.

I only hope that I didn’t give him AIRBORNE SUPER AIDS, but that the risk you take when you have gay sex. PrEP Use Up 500 Percent

Nothing has been ruined r19

Let the loads flow. Let the assholes gape. What a time to be alive. PrEP Use Up 500 Percent

This thread is glorious, if you live in reality r24

For the maiden aunts....not so much PrEP Use Up 500 Percent

R37

[bold]MARY PrEP Use Up 500 Percent

You sound like an anti vaxxer r39 PrEP Use Up 500 Percent

Yep....Jenny McCarthy and Jessica Biel are your trusted sources r42

You’ve been doing research on the Internet haven’t you? You’ve read 4 or 5 articles and now you’re equivalent to an infectious disease MD. Do you want for your own carcass, but I’ll put my trust in my PCP. PrEP Use Up 500 Percent

We seem to be having the same argument that we always have in any Prep related thread.

Anti science and bitter old folks: do what you want. Young people will not listen to you anyway. You will be dead soon.

Science believers and those who are having sex: take Prep, get tested every 3 months, and enjoy life, because, life is, indeed, a banquet. PrEP Use Up 500 Percent

Sure gramps at r53....whatever you say.

Would you like to go to Sizzler when I visit you next week? Malibu Chicken was always your favorite. PrEP Use Up 500 Percent

Gramps, I like listening to your stories about the old days....you tell the same ones every time I visit you...but can we talk about something different? You know...present day? Let’s talk about modern day science. Look at my phone...I can text, instantaneously, with people on the other side of the planet. Do you know about Google? It has all the scientific articles that could want to. See? Modern medicine has eliminated polio and small pox. There’s even a pill that prevents people from being infected with HIV! I know...it is a miracle. We don’t need to live in fear anymore. The nurse is here...time for you to take your pills. PrEP Use Up 500 Percent

I wonder if r76 is going to have an aneurysm before he’s finished with “The Wisdom Of The Elders” opining that he’s been going on about for such a long time.

Face it gramps...Prep is a success. And nothing you can do will change that. PrEP Use Up 500 Percent

by Anonymousreply 84July 17, 2019 8:33 PM

R82, you're the unhinged one for associating crazy anti-vaxxers with someone who simply shares the side effects, which are available for anyone to read. It's no conspiracy.

Your pal (and/or other log-in) R81 pounced on that, making deranged associations.

R81 repeatedly posts about bareback sex and his Grindr exploits. Good for you, slut. And you are a slut.

I'm a slut, too. I use condoms, and you little cunts attack because you wouldn't even know how to use one.

A quick glance at your DL post history (yes "gramps knows the Interwebs!) shows that the only reason you're on DataLounge is to brag about your alleged abundant sex habits, shill for a pharmaceutical, and pathetically attempt to be sarcastic toward old gay guys, who have been happily sharing stuff on this website since before you were shitting in your diapers, you clueless self-absorbed little cunt crumb.

What a life you have when you aren't folding shirts at a GAP in Boise.

by Anonymousreply 85July 17, 2019 8:48 PM

Very sad for a life to end like r85. Ranting / hostile / paranoid / irrational. All the symptoms of Alzheimer’s. Is it sundown yet? Better prepare the orderlies, because it going to be a wild night with this one.

by Anonymousreply 86July 17, 2019 8:52 PM

I could easily find examples of posts of anti-vaxxers "just sharing the side effects" of vaccines. But thats not what makes you similar to them.

What makes you similar r85 is your insistence that we should ignore advice from doctors and medical research because allnof that is a conspiracy dreamt up by pharmaceutical companies to keep us sick and addicted to their products.

That is nearly word for word how anti-vaxxers talk about vaccines

by Anonymousreply 87July 17, 2019 8:54 PM

You're grasping, R87, and making shit up I didn't type. You're acting like a shill and a Trumpian quizling liar.

I'm just hating on the fucksticks who think they invented sex. Bareback all you want. If you think it's a conspiracy theory to read the fucking label on your prescription, that's your paranoia to deal with.

As for R86, repeating a pathetic joke doesn't make it funny. You're never funny. You're a sex-addicted sad little queen. Let's hope you never grow older, not by another day.

by Anonymousreply 88July 17, 2019 9:01 PM

[quote] Western culture trusts doctors too much. The medical industry has been ruined by a perversion of capitalism.

[quote] without idiots, big pharma would be dead

Those are the posts you say I made up R88 That was the poster that was rightfully compared to an anti-vaxxer right after. If you aren't that poster, then we weren't calling you an anti-vaxxer. Simple as that

by Anonymousreply 89July 17, 2019 9:06 PM

Your rage is way out of proportion gramps.

We get it....your sexual expiration date is long past, and no man is attracted to you now. We all have figured that out long ago.

Shut off you computer and go outside. Take a walk. Sex isn’t everything. Regain some dignity. Life is good.

by Anonymousreply 90July 17, 2019 9:07 PM

R89, I didn't type that.

R90, you're an idiot, projecting rage when I'm typing bemused dismissal of the asinine faux-twinks on this thread. Still regurgitating pathetic attempts at humor.

R90, shut your piehole and go outside. Take a walk in the road while texting. You never had any dignity. no one cares about your cum-dropping asshole.

by Anonymousreply 91July 17, 2019 9:11 PM

R91 I’m beginning to believe your posts are a parody. Grandpa’s posts shouldn’t be filled with such sustained and irrational rage. Think of your heart. Your blood pressure had got to be through the roof.

by Anonymousreply 92July 17, 2019 9:14 PM

Ooh, poor R92. Big words and multi-sentence paragraphs rattle his tiny brain.

Another gem from the "gramps"-calling troll.

from the 'It is SO F-ing frustrating to be Asian sometimes!;' thread.

"Asian without face pics are the main reason I deleted Grindr. I got 20 messages/ taps a day. Ugh."

So, which is it, Grindr addict tiny-brained cum slut? In that thread you claim to have deleted Grindr, and in this thread you brag about a non-stop cum-oozing bottoms lining up at your door?

Which is it, slut?

by Anonymousreply 93July 17, 2019 9:18 PM

This thread is the height of prisspottery, as these threads ALWAYS are.

Of course there's a bunch of shrieking pearl clutchers, cluck clucking like maiden aunts about "sluts".

How DARE people enjoy sex out of marriage AND with the lights ON!

This could only be more prisspot-ish if two men were having sex while being covered in tattoos of their pet pitbulls.

by Anonymousreply 94July 17, 2019 9:18 PM

How old are you gramps?

So we can show you the proper amount of age based deference.

by Anonymousreply 95July 17, 2019 9:23 PM

This thread is the height of pharmaceutical shill-troll-failing, R94. The pill shill is nothing but a one-note insult comic fail.

Sluts is a bad word? It's descriptive. Own it, bitches. Are you crying, wounded, butthurt twink, cuz someone calls your out?

Grow a spine.

by Anonymousreply 96July 17, 2019 9:23 PM

Happy hunting, sluts!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97July 17, 2019 9:25 PM

^^^Eldergays are completely unhinged. Literally celebrating the death of gay men just to mock prep users and "sluts"

by Anonymousreply 98July 17, 2019 9:26 PM

R96 paranoia is evident when he calls who disagree with him “big pharmacy shills”.

Face it gramps...you are an insignificant little bug to those pharmaceutical companies. They would not waste a cent on persuading you. After all, since you are unfuckable, and nobody will have sex with you, you are not the Prep target market.

And we are still waiting for you to tell us how old you are.

by Anonymousreply 99July 17, 2019 9:29 PM

More happy hunting for the PReP shill horndog!

Own it, sluts!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100July 17, 2019 9:29 PM

Anyone want to post a dementia related death news story so that gramps can see what his soon to be fate will be?

by Anonymousreply 101July 17, 2019 9:31 PM

Oooh, look at the troll who thinks he owns the thread! R99, defender of drugs and cum-dumpsters!

You reveal your complete shilling and buckle down on ageist insults. Typical shill, exposing himself when a thread goes haywire. Anger, dear! Why so angry?

Sorry, if that too antiquated a term for you little shitlings? Not #ontrend?

Go back to Grindr and get some more fun. lighten up. Your 'viral' marketing thread is a failure because "old people" are allowed to comment.

Death threats, R101, now you're really showing what a sociopathic troll you are. Congrats! So so angry, little ones. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 17, 2019 9:35 PM

This is veering into homophobia. The only people I have seen celebrate the murders of gay men because they "deserved it" for sleeping with men are very far right fundies. Its not really funny.

by Anonymousreply 103July 17, 2019 9:37 PM

Gramps has got to be trolling or a parody.

No one can be this enraged and oblivious. Except the senile.

by Anonymousreply 104July 17, 2019 9:41 PM

R103, you're pathetic and grasping yet again. Your own violent hateful behavior's projected onto others.

The Grindr addict and PReP shill deserves to have a few comparatively unpleasant experiences shared here.

You really are dense, aren't you, R103. Google "comparative analysis" without giggling as you type "anal."

"Veering," R103? OP/the PReP shill has been virulently hateful since the first sign of anyone disagreeing with his cultlike devotion to a drug.

R104, repeating the same tired joke makes you clearly the senile one, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 105July 17, 2019 9:42 PM

Yeah, FF and block that bitch.

A spirited debate about PreP is one thing, but that lunatic is a bit too invested in her negative Chicken Little act/slut shaming.

by Anonymousreply 106July 17, 2019 9:44 PM

Agreed r106

Gramps, you’re blocked

Rage away, because no one is listening to you

by Anonymousreply 107July 17, 2019 9:47 PM

Yea, R106, if someone disagrees with you, and doesn't go away after you hurl the same tired-ass insults, you better ignore! Protect your precious butthurt barebackin' twink-ass holes! Safe space!

by Anonymousreply 108July 17, 2019 9:47 PM

And yet, pathetic drug shill and cum dumpster R107, you're still obsessed with me! Sadz.

by Anonymousreply 109July 17, 2019 9:48 PM

The poster who is known as “gramps” is great comedy

by Anonymousreply 110July 17, 2019 9:52 PM

:-)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111July 17, 2019 9:53 PM

Theres a chance that poster isn't gay or old but is some straight troll that wandered on here. Again Ive never seen any kind of gay men celebrate hate crimes against gays. Thats a little crazy

by Anonymousreply 112July 17, 2019 9:54 PM

There's a chance you're a methed-out asshole who is a sociopath, R112, seeing any truthful critique of your massive stupidity as 'homophobia.' You are not a community, R112, You're a self-centered twit with no friends. I have not 'wandered' here, you imbecile. I have been on DL longer than your cum dumper ass has existed.

by Anonymousreply 113July 17, 2019 9:58 PM

Gramps knew far too much about how gay men operate, for him to be anything else but a gay man r112.

A pathetic and psychotic gay man, but a gay man nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 114July 17, 2019 10:00 PM

And you're a dumb little shit for being so butt-hurt when someone dares to call you out for your assholery, R114. You were clearly coddled as a child, because you still are one.

by Anonymousreply 115July 17, 2019 10:04 PM

R114 you are probably right. I just hate to believe there are really gays out there that are happy homophobes are murdering other gays. But I guess there are mexicans who support trump etc

by Anonymousreply 116July 17, 2019 10:06 PM

And R116 is now talking to himself. At least he has a captive audience.

by Anonymousreply 117July 17, 2019 10:08 PM

R116 Gramps will be dead soon, of old age / loneliness / bitterness. His opinions do not matter. There are always psychos in any group. For now, let’s bask in a gramps free thread.

by Anonymousreply 118July 17, 2019 10:12 PM

Yes, keep talking to yourself, deluded sluttina, R118! It's all you have in your sad little cum-hunting drug-filled life.

by Anonymousreply 119July 17, 2019 10:18 PM

Millennial guys don't use condoms.

by Anonymousreply 120July 17, 2019 10:26 PM

...or soap.

by Anonymousreply 121July 17, 2019 10:41 PM

R67, I am a scientist. You have no idea what you are talking about. The answer to your question about why the HIV virus hasn't mutated into an even more dangerous form yet is simple. It's because it hasn't happened yet. The virus mutates all the time. More hosts infected equals more mutations due to the higher viral population and the new host's unique biology. The worst-case-scenario mutation could happen tomorrow. Even if PreP blocks the infection from taking hold, it does not stop the virus from encountering a new host and, therefore, upping its mutation capability. And, none of that even takes into consideration that a large proportion of PreP users aren't using it correctly, so we may end up with a situation like we've created with antibiotics which strengthened the bacterial populations through, surprise, increased mutation.

I really can't believe how scientifically illiterate you are. And, then to pretend that those of us who do know what we are talking about are the science deniers. I stand by the fact that you and your brethren are akin to climate change deniers. You and Trump would get along well. You can deny science and fuck like dumb whores with no thought of any consequences. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 122July 17, 2019 11:33 PM

Abstinence is the answer to avoiding HIV and AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 123July 17, 2019 11:53 PM

Abstinence has never successful in human history

Men want to spread their seed. It’s as imperative as breathing.

Thankfully, Prep makes that possible.

by Anonymousreply 124July 18, 2019 1:00 AM

[quote] In their 40s, they'll all be on disability for liver failure, because irony.

Or constantly hospitalized because of their low bone density.

by Anonymousreply 125July 18, 2019 1:11 AM

"Stop withe facts and big words! I'm triggered! You're old! Let me be a cumdump! It's my life's goal!"

by Anonymousreply 126July 18, 2019 1:14 AM

[quote] ‪I’M PrEP-ARED!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127July 18, 2019 2:16 AM

PrEP has been great for me and my BF.

8 years ago when we met, he told me that his last HIV test was negative, I told him I was too. However, in those first few years, we were not in exclusively monogamous and in that time he seroconverted. So we are now exclusive, he's POZ, I'm not but I'm on PreP, which has been a huge help in our relationship.

This idea that PreP users are sluts is ridiculous. There's a lot of different reason to be on PreP

by Anonymousreply 128July 18, 2019 2:21 AM

No there isn't R128. Stop lying. Both you and your boyfriends are irresponsible, sluts, selfish, and not too bright when it comes to being aware about the dangers of PrEP use. PrEP work's similar to antibiotics. Antibiotics kill good and bad bacteria, and the longer you are on them, the more damage that's inflicted. PrEP is no different. It helps prevent one thing, why simultaneously destroying other good things in the body. The big pharma giants are trying to weaken and kill gay men, and are trying to teach gay man to continue to being reckless and just pop a pill to fix things. Wake up.

by Anonymousreply 129July 18, 2019 2:29 AM

boyfriend^ - spelling correction

by Anonymousreply 130July 18, 2019 2:30 AM

"trying to teach gay men to continue being reckless and just pop a pill to fix things. Wake up." - spelling correction for my post at R129. ^

by Anonymousreply 131July 18, 2019 2:34 AM

R128, if you are being honest, you know that the vast majority of those taking PreP do not fit the scenario you've presented. You are a very small minority.

by Anonymousreply 132July 18, 2019 2:38 AM

[quote]seroconverted

*eyeroll*

Why aren't we allowed to say "infected" again?

by Anonymousreply 133July 18, 2019 2:59 AM

Girls Girls...You're All tedious whores.

by Anonymousreply 134July 18, 2019 3:57 AM

R122, you call me "scientifically illiterate" and yet, I have to ask you: do you know the difference between virus and bacteria?

by Anonymousreply 135July 18, 2019 5:04 AM

Yes, I do R135. You, however, don't seem to understand the difference between viruses and lollipops. Did you have a point?

by Anonymousreply 136July 18, 2019 6:48 AM

[quote]I am a scientist.

No you're not.

[quote]PreP should be outlawed.

You are a retard r136

by Anonymousreply 137July 18, 2019 7:00 AM

R122 is not a scientist.

“Scientists” never refer to themselves as scientists. They say, “I’m a researcher, biochemist, microbiologist, chemical engineer, etc.”

Nice try though.

by Anonymousreply 138July 18, 2019 12:05 PM

[quote]PrEP work's similar to antibiotics.

PrEP work’s what is similar to antibiotics?

[quote]It helps prevent one thing, why simultaneously destroying other good things in the body.

I don’t know why. Can’t you tell us?

[quote]The big pharma giants are trying to weaken and kill gay men,

Oh my! What time is the resistance starting? I have to go to the chiropodist, so I may be late.

[quote]and are trying to teach gay man to continue to being reckless and just pop a pill to fix things.

Which gay man? Maybe if we stop him we’ll be OK. We’ll give him a stern talking to.

by Anonymousreply 139July 18, 2019 1:43 PM

R139, you're nitpicking minor typing errors. I thoroughly approve.

by Anonymousreply 140July 18, 2019 2:17 PM

Yes, R122/R136, and not only did R137 and R138 make it, you did too. You clearly are not a "scientist" nor do you have any understanding of immunology, HIV or gay men. I don't believe you when you claim to know the difference between a virus and bacteria. Your explanations fly in the face of common sense, let alone medical reality.

I'll pose one more question: if what you say is true (that there is a superbug coming), why are none of the experts in HIV research and treatment out there saying so? In fact, they flat-out deny it (which is where I got another question as posed originally, why, after 20+ years of antiretrovirals — a scientist would call this empirical evidence — has the mutated virus not happened? And simply saying it hasn't happened because it hasn't happened is not what I'd — or any scientist — would offer as an explanation.)

I should have known; when you started throwing around insults, it was mere projection (like when you said "You and Trump would get along well").

by Anonymousreply 141July 18, 2019 3:41 PM

*makes dreamy eyes at r141*

by Anonymousreply 142July 18, 2019 3:58 PM

You geniuses better tell Stanford they are wasting their time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143July 19, 2019 6:26 AM

You geniuses better tell Stanford they are wasting their time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144July 19, 2019 6:26 AM

BTW, I refer to myself as a generic scientist because I no longer work in biochemistry, so I don't consider myself a biochemist. I could have just said I have a very deep scientific background across multiple fields but "scientist" seemed easier. Anyone in any scientific field would be able to tell you that the more opportunities you give a virus to mutate by increasing its host population the more you increase the chances for a horrific, game-changing mutation. They will also tell you that there is absolutely no way to know when that mutation will occur.

Like I've said, the scientific illiteracy on this thread is insane. Most of you may as well be anti-vaxxers. You deny basic biological concepts learned by high school freshmen across the country every day in order to be able to fuck a stranger bareback.

by Anonymousreply 145July 19, 2019 6:38 AM

[quote]PreP should be outlawed

You make statements like this r145, and you expect to be believed, so called man from “a family of scientists”.

Get the the fuck out of here. Mocking you is becoming boring, because it’s impossible to take you seriously.

by Anonymousreply 146July 19, 2019 6:57 AM

I think sluts should be outlawed I hear they ruin everything.

by Anonymousreply 147July 19, 2019 8:01 AM

R145,

You no longer work in “the sciences?” Do you have a bachelors degree in biochemistry, and therefore call yourself a scientist? 🤣. ...or maybe you washed the glassware in a biochem lab?

Posting shit like this shows your inability to see the big picture (maybe why you couldn’t stay in science?).

[quote] Anyone in any scientific field would be able to tell you that the more opportunities you give a virus to mutate by increasing its host population the more you increase the chances for a horrific, game-changing mutation

Dumbass- PrEP decreases the host population because fewer people are being infected.

I will teach you some science (that possibly wasn’t taught in your online intro to biochem course- or maybe you just weren’t paying attention that day). Bacteria and viruses develop resistance mutations when they’re exposed to the antibiotics/antiretroviral medication. If I take truvada and don’t get infected with HIV, there are no viruses to develop a mutation to the medication i am taking. Admittedly, if someone takes a Truvada inappropriately, gets infected, and then takes it sporadically again, resistance mutations may occur. That is one reason why we should make PrEP more accessible and make sure those on it get the recommended tests.

by Anonymousreply 148July 19, 2019 11:15 AM

[quote]I think sluts should be outlawed I hear they ruin everything.

Not true. Just a bad rumor.

by Anonymousreply 149July 19, 2019 12:05 PM

[quote]fuck a stranger bareback

And our resident genius strikes again! Well, one that has trouble posting interwebs links.

And again, it's clear that what he's an expert in is insulting the intelligence of anyone who doesn't share his moral judgment of what [italic]other people do[/italic]. He's such an expert that he doesn't understand the concept of PrEP as R148 deftly summarizes. And he has such "a very deep scientific background across multiple fields" that he doesn't see the difference between keeping someone HIV- and treating someone who is HIV+. And since he started throwing around Trump insults, I'll go there and compare to him Treasury Secretary Wilbur Ross who expressed dismay that poor people couldn't simply get a bridge loan when their cash runs short. Yes, [R122]/[R136]/{R145], you are that obtuse.

But this analogy encapsulates the entire argument. I'm not a "scientist" nor did I ever claim to be one. In fact, I would be deliriously happy if I'd never had to think about immunology, drug resistance, coinfections... all of it. But when gay men were in dire straights (no pun intended), people like our own WIlbur Ross were so busy passing judgment that they let what could have been an outbreak of an unknown disease turn into a global crisis killing millions, not the least of which was a generation of our brothers. It was people like me that held them, comforted them, and cared for them while I watched them die slow, painful, needless deaths, and eventually, started calling these "scientists" out. Yes, I'm that old.

And that tired, because [italic]to this day[/italic]I have to explain to these "scientists" that these are human beings we're talking about, not lab rats. I'm thankful that real scientists and doctors, led by many of our own, finally got past the moralizing and judging and starting treating their patients.

by Anonymousreply 150July 19, 2019 3:09 PM

R150, I was going to make a joke, but your post was too powerful and too poignant to be lost.

And I thank you for it.

by Anonymousreply 151July 19, 2019 3:34 PM

The lengths so many of you will go to in order to defend your ability to do what you want is like children throwing a tantrum because they can't have the toy they want.

[quote]Dumbass- PrEP decreases the host population because fewer people are being infected.

Uh, dumbass, that's not how viral mutation works. Once the virus enters the body, it is in a new environment. Do you believe that PreP kills on contact like Lysol or something? Of course the virus is in your body if you bareback. The PreP will, mostly, stop it from reaching critical mass when it concerns its ability to infect (btw, that's true of your own immune system and is why not everyone became infected in the 80s) its new host but it doesn't mean the virus isn't present. You don't know what you are talking about.

And, absolutely none of the ability of Prep to contain infection rates matters if it's not used properly and the evidence is showing that it is not being used properly. You are really going to trust people that couldn't figure out condoms to now maintain a pill taking regimen? Good luck with that. Meanwhile, go ahead and try to figure out what the Stanford link above means. You seem to have been unable to do so on your first go around.

by Anonymousreply 152July 19, 2019 7:17 PM

R152 Question: Are you saying that if I'm on PreP, I have bareback sex, and the virus enters my system. Then I'm abstinent for 6 months. Is the virus still in my system and ready to replicate and run rampant?

by Anonymousreply 153July 19, 2019 10:47 PM

R152

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154July 19, 2019 11:05 PM

R152,

In case you’re not a troll... read the second paragraphs. Aidsmap has a lot of good information on HIV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155July 19, 2019 11:33 PM

R155 Not a troll, and thank you!

by Anonymousreply 156July 19, 2019 11:59 PM

R156, why are you pretending to be me?

by Anonymousreply 157July 20, 2019 12:25 AM

R157 My bad. I thought I misread the response as addressing 153. I'll see myself out.

by Anonymousreply 158July 20, 2019 12:35 AM

[quote]The PreP will, mostly, stop it from reaching critical mass when it concerns its ability to infect ... its new host but it doesn't mean the virus isn't present.

So R152, you're saying that if your fuck (or get fucked by) an HIV+ guy bareback while on PrEP, continue to take it for six months or a year, and when you stop taking the drug the virus from that ancient fuck remains in your system and will cause you to seroconvert? If that's not what you're saying, what are you trying to say? And where's your evidence that gay men aren't taking PrEP correctly?

by Anonymousreply 159July 20, 2019 4:58 AM

Even if PrEP protected you from everything guys obsessed with taking loads are repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 160July 21, 2019 4:55 AM

like the psychotic R16 - R77 etc? He was spewing all over this thread until he spiraled off into some manic episode elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 161July 21, 2019 5:56 AM

No I’m here, you egregious cunt.

I was fucking a black guy today. He yelled a lot. Does that repel you?

by Anonymousreply 162July 21, 2019 6:14 AM

No, you're repulsive enough for us all, abhorrent anus-face.

"Let the loads flow. Let the assholes gape. What a time to be alive." - R162, aka psychotic R16, R77, etc., etc., etc...

by Anonymousreply 163July 21, 2019 6:19 AM

I fucked him bareback because I’m on Prep. What a time to be alive. Men’s loads belong in other men bodies....full stop. Life is truly a banquet....when you’re attractive and on Prep.

by Anonymousreply 164July 21, 2019 6:30 AM

Anyone like the sex-obsessed cretin R164 (and half the angry, manic posts in this thread) who has to brag about his sexual conquests and his alleged "attractive" looks to complete strangers on a gossip website is a truly sad and needy person.

by Anonymousreply 165July 21, 2019 6:38 AM

Yah, gramps....I am sure you were a LADY in you long ago youth. Always afraid of what mother would say. What a way to waste a life.

by Anonymousreply 166July 21, 2019 6:57 AM

Clearly your meth binge hasn't worn off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167July 21, 2019 7:02 AM

Lmao at R164. Clearly the most entertaining gal in these parts.

by Anonymousreply 168July 21, 2019 11:21 AM

I find dementia/alzheimer remarks as a way of dismissing other people's comment awfully in bad taste.

Can only hope that the people keeping with those remarks get to die at 90 without loved ones or themselves afflicted.

Only that.

As for the person who said there is virtually no HIV spreading since PrEP appeared, I'd like some statistics to base it. Not that I'm sealioning, I don't have a lot of knowledge for an opinion on this issue -Yes, I know, sue me!- so I'd rather not give long paragraphs saying things that will probably be full of stupid.

But it was my impression, by talking with healthcare folks, that HIV transmissions have been consistently on the rise?

Can anybody end the insults parade and start providing fact, please? Some people, we'd really like to form a grounded opinion not based on juvenile exchanges.

by Anonymousreply 169July 21, 2019 2:11 PM

Google it, you lazy demented whore ^

by Anonymousreply 170July 21, 2019 2:23 PM

For R169.

Anecdotally, my doctor in Chelsea (who treats mostly white/Asian gay guys) said he hasn’t diagnosed anyone with HIV in the past several years. He was diagnosing people with it on a weekly basis before prep. Compare that with doctors in the Bronx, where many don’t have access to prep.

Below is a link to an actual study though.

Prep works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171July 21, 2019 2:23 PM

R170 I'm printing "lazy demented whore" on tees and commercialising it. And I'm giving none of it to you. Thanks.

R171 Thanks for the link.

by Anonymousreply 172July 21, 2019 2:30 PM

Have a listen....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173July 22, 2019 12:59 AM

Two words...Super Gonorrhea.

by Anonymousreply 174July 22, 2019 8:44 AM

Isn’t that Warner Bros new action hero?

by Anonymousreply 175July 22, 2019 11:02 AM

Yes R175 and I hear it's going to be Huge!

by Anonymousreply 176July 22, 2019 1:39 PM

Three words r174....AIRBORNE SUPER AIDS

by Anonymousreply 177July 22, 2019 3:02 PM

And... here we go again.

by Anonymousreply 178July 22, 2019 3:41 PM

I know r178....it always comes down the rational science believers who actually have sex in real life vs. the bitter old sex negative unfuckable shriekers.

Fortunately, the latter group will be dead soon, so this “argument” won’t go on forever.

by Anonymousreply 179July 22, 2019 3:53 PM

Why shouldn't people be allowed to have lots of sex yet not transmit HIV?

Condoms never made sense and everyone started to shed them. They were willing to get HIV just because condoms feel terrible,

Now, PrEP exists so people can at least take care of their health.

by Anonymousreply 180July 22, 2019 4:48 PM

One of the great things about PrEP is a bottom can take charge of his own health and not depend on what the top does.

by Anonymousreply 181July 22, 2019 4:49 PM

[quote] Two words...Super Gonorrhea.

Gonorrhea rates didn't not go down when everyone was supposedly wearing condoms of sex

by Anonymousreply 182July 22, 2019 4:50 PM

R179 = psychotically obsessed with bareback sex and the hoped-for death of older people; has severe daddy issues, a clear sign of childhood sexual abuse.

Sad, really.

by Anonymousreply 183July 22, 2019 10:00 PM

Lawsuits galore against PREP Manufacturers today, good, take this shit off the market

by Anonymousreply 184July 22, 2019 10:09 PM

I’d love to believe this is a miracle drug, but if something seems too good to be true...

by Anonymousreply 185July 22, 2019 10:15 PM

R184, what lawsuits? The only one I’m aware of are about patent issues

by Anonymousreply 186July 22, 2019 10:33 PM

R185, did some who saw so many people dying of AIDS, PrEP is definitely a miracle

by Anonymousreply 187July 22, 2019 10:34 PM

R183 I hope that you live for a long time, because the though of you being voluntarily miserable with bitterness, loneliness, and cowardly longing is delicious. You choose to have this attitude...now reap the costs.

In the meantime, sensible people who believe in science will be enjoying men’s loads, because of Prep.

by Anonymousreply 188July 22, 2019 10:40 PM

R188 It doesn't seem to occur to you that some people find "loads" disgusting, hence not enjoyable...

by Anonymousreply 189July 22, 2019 10:46 PM

R197, I remember. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop, don’t quite trust it.

But I hope.

by Anonymousreply 190July 22, 2019 10:49 PM

R189 Ok incel...more loads for us.

by Anonymousreply 191July 22, 2019 10:53 PM

Why do you have to be an "incel" to enjoy safe sex? I have no problem with condoms. Some of the posters on this thread seem really immature.

by Anonymousreply 192July 22, 2019 10:58 PM

Where you are 85 years old, everybody seems immature

by Anonymousreply 193July 22, 2019 11:00 PM

Excuse me...85 years old, AND PTSD ridden, AND living in the past, AND a judgemental harpy....

by Anonymousreply 194July 22, 2019 11:01 PM

I'm 28.

by Anonymousreply 195July 22, 2019 11:03 PM

You expect us to believe that?

If so, that makes your attitude extra sad

by Anonymousreply 196July 22, 2019 11:04 PM

Many gay millennials still use condoms. Also, I've only left one post on this thread. Whomever you were talking to before isn't me.

by Anonymousreply 197July 22, 2019 11:07 PM

My bad r197

And I don’t know any millennials who use condoms.

by Anonymousreply 198July 22, 2019 11:11 PM

R191 So, MRAs rhetoric, eh? You're getting the best out of you.

I'm starting to think you are actually a homophobic straight from some sinister internet armpit.

by Anonymousreply 199July 22, 2019 11:13 PM

"Some of the posters on this thread seem really immature. "'

Like R179, R188, etc whose dimwitted logic is that anyone who isn't compulsively having sex at all times and lusting after gaping anuses filled with pints of jizz is an incel 'gramps' from the Cenozoic Era.

by Anonymousreply 200July 23, 2019 4:57 AM

[quote]. We're just a bit more selective

Shut you denture bedecked pie hole, gramps....no one is believing your sex negative false bravado

by Anonymousreply 201July 23, 2019 5:55 AM

What a sad little sex-obsessed troll. Hit you in your butthurt, baby? So tragic. So much anger and rage. Seek therapy, sad one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202July 23, 2019 6:07 AM

This thread is both funny and yet incredibly sad.

by Anonymousreply 203July 23, 2019 6:18 AM

It’s funny because gramps is getting all worked up...I hope he has a stroke.

Just a mini stroke, though. . One that will allow to read threads on DL, but he can’t form the words to reply to the comments. He will drown in his bitterness...bwahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 204July 23, 2019 6:23 AM

Now you're just being an asshole R204 but then I'm sure that's your factory setting.

by Anonymousreply 205July 23, 2019 6:30 AM

R204: Wow, that’s fucked up. Bad juju dude.

by Anonymousreply 206July 23, 2019 6:35 AM

Humans never get what they deserve R206

Including me, and you, and gramps

So we can opine about anything, because words don't matter, actions do

by Anonymousreply 207July 23, 2019 6:40 AM

You sound like a lot of fun R207.

by Anonymousreply 208July 23, 2019 6:44 AM

I'm tons of fun....if you're hot, I'll drop a load in your ass.

Better than gramps here....he'll bore you with the same stories about super gonnorhea that his dead mother sent from the afterlife to punish all the boys that rejected him.

by Anonymousreply 209July 23, 2019 6:50 AM

Sex addicted angry little boy R209 (and half of the obsessed replies in this thread). So much rage aimed at a complete stranger. Imagine how violent he is with people he knows. Truly tragic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210July 23, 2019 6:04 PM

Gramps, your obsession with me is hilarious

Hey, we all want hot cock. You’re just going have to pay it, however.

Check Rentmen in your shit hole city that you reside in. The have a filter for “Safe/Bareback”. Take out your dentures and go bonkers.

by Anonymousreply 211July 23, 2019 6:13 PM

So tragic, little angry trollette's obsession, now projected. Quite a neurotic study in child abuse-turned violent aggression. It vowed to ignore me here, yet remains desperate for attention.

by Anonymousreply 212July 23, 2019 6:43 PM

I use PrEP but don’t go chasing for loads. In fact I ask that guys don’t cum in my ass and everyone obliges by coming on my back or stomach.

Everyone has a level of sexual comfort. Certainly PrEP may not be the magic bullet but condoms weren’t either.

by Anonymousreply 213July 24, 2019 12:22 PM

All this makes me glad I'm not into anal at all.

by Anonymousreply 214July 24, 2019 7:10 PM

No risk of HIV transmission with a fully suppressed viral load according to the CDC.

Prep and Antiretroviral Therapy are a scientific miracle.

This news is more confirmation that life is a banquet. A banquet with a cum fountain in the center, dispensing loads into a man’s body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215July 25, 2019 11:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!