Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Frances Bean Cobain

What do we think of her? I listened to her interview on RuPaul's podcast recently and found her quite likable. She seems intelligent, though you can tell by her vocabulary and the way she speaks that she's not educated—Courtney is much more erudite and better with words. That being said, I enjoyed her interview a lot. One thing I really appreciated was that, when she talked about her relationship with money, she didn't try to skirt around her inheritance or act like some sort of "self-made" individual. She acknowledged that her relationship to money was highly unusual and likened it to a "loan she'll never repay." There was no bullshitting about it, which I found refreshing. I know she's made visual art for many years, but I do wonder what she does with herself on a day-to-day basis. Given the levels of mental illness exhibited by both her parents, I'm surprised that she seems as well-adjusted as she is. She's the antithesis of the Kardashian/Jenner clan and their likes. She's also very beautiful, although I think it's obvious she's had some work done on her face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50July 15, 2019 7:24 AM

A phony and a wannabe. Nothing quite authentic about her; everything is manufactured even her image.

by Anonymousreply 1July 14, 2019 11:29 AM

She’s a tiresome pill head with pill head problems.

by Anonymousreply 2July 14, 2019 11:36 AM

The last interview I read of hers, I thought she came across as really pretentious and basically like someone who should be on r/iamverysmart. But she was pretty young then, so maybe she's grown out of that by now.

by Anonymousreply 3July 14, 2019 11:38 AM

Does her ex still have Kurt Cobain’s guitar?

by Anonymousreply 4July 14, 2019 11:41 AM

She bought herself a face full of plastic surgery as a teen. If not for that, she’d look like Marla Hooch. She is more Kylie Kardashian than she’d like to admit. After attacking Kylie on Twitter, Frances proved to also be more like her mess mother than she would want known. Granny also loves the pills. Benzos loosened her up to marry a bum grifter.

It really IS sad she lost her father. She I believe, is a girl not living her potential. I see a girl who needs to demand she’s smart, yet all of her smarts are just pop culture. It’s exhausting that she just wants acclaim, worship and recognition for doing NOTHING.

by Anonymousreply 5July 14, 2019 11:51 AM

Not granny, Franny.

by Anonymousreply 6July 14, 2019 11:52 AM

She’s had amazing plastic surgery .

by Anonymousreply 7July 14, 2019 12:10 PM

“Some” work, OP? “Some”?

A shame she inherited Kurt’s crazy round eyes.

by Anonymousreply 8July 14, 2019 12:11 PM

OP: if you had a good education, you should preferably refer to people with limited schooling as being not FORMALLY educated. It's more polite and reflects better on you.

by Anonymousreply 9July 14, 2019 12:13 PM

Does she still cop pills from bestie Sam Luftie?

by Anonymousreply 10July 14, 2019 12:15 PM

She's had a nose job but the rest is expensive makeovers and losing weight. She looked more like Kurt when she waa chubby, which is odd because it was always Courtney who had a tendency to gain.

by Anonymousreply 11July 14, 2019 12:15 PM

R10: Yes.

by Anonymousreply 12July 14, 2019 12:18 PM

I partly agree with you R5, though I've never seen evidence that she "demands" to be worshipped or praised for "doing nothing." It always seemed to me that she mostly stayed out of the spotlight and avoided drawing too much attention to herself. She's never obnoxiously shilled herself as a musician or artist, and has more or less done nothing with her life as far as the public is concerned. She was highly averse to being in the press for many years, and I recall that Courtney used to tell paparazzi not to pester her when she was with Frances, as Frances "didn't sign up for it."

I do agree that she is not living up to her potential though. Her mother, say what you will about her, was always very self-assertive and knew how to promote herself. If you read the history, this is clear going back to when she first started Hole in the late-'80s. She basically elbowed her way into that whole early-'90s punk scene in LA, and was shameless in doing so. She's always been ambitious and had a hustler mentality, which Frances lacks since she was raised in wealth, which resulted in her being complacent.

by Anonymousreply 13July 14, 2019 12:23 PM

She had Kylie Jenner level of chin and jaw work. It’s superb major surgery. They probably used the same surgeon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 14, 2019 12:24 PM

There were several articles about the court case against Courtney from Frances's ex over Kurt's guitar (Sam Lutfi and some others allegedly assaulted him in his home), and it was clear that Lutfi had both Courtney and Frances benzoed out of their heads while he was "running" their financial affairs. Frances has admitted that she's had substance abuse problems, so it's pretty clear to me that she had a pill problem. I don't think Courtney has ever been fully sober—even when she's said she is, I believe she's still taken all sorts of less egregious prescription meds. She's talked about taking ambien and abilify quite a bit over the years.

by Anonymousreply 15July 14, 2019 12:28 PM

Nonsense. She had that chin as a little girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 14, 2019 12:34 PM

There are far worse celebrity children out there than Frances Bean. Lest we forget the likes of Kimberly Stewart.

by Anonymousreply 17July 14, 2019 12:34 PM

The only time Frances was ever "demanding" was when she went on a bit of a rampage against the press pestering her a while back.

by Anonymousreply 18July 14, 2019 12:38 PM

The only time Frances was ever "demanding" was when she went on a bit of a rampage against the press pestering her a while back.

by Anonymousreply 19July 14, 2019 12:38 PM

A total fucking zero. Just like Trump's kids: if it wasn't for their father, they'd by nobodys.

by Anonymousreply 20July 14, 2019 12:38 PM

I honestly think Frances has had less plastic surgery than people think. The rhinoplasty is a given (she inherited Courtney's nose, which she herself had whittled down), and she's done something to her cheeks, but I think the weight loss and absence of all that baby fat really changed the shape of her face. Frances was a plump teenager, just like her mom. People underestimate how much someone's looks can change after weight loss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 14, 2019 12:40 PM

Dear god, are we really going to lump Frances in with the Trumps?

by Anonymousreply 22July 14, 2019 12:40 PM

She can't look into her phone without seducing it. She is, however, a stylists dream. Haven't heard anything come out of her mouth that was insightful. She is no Courtney when it comes to interviews. i'll give rupual's podcast a whirl, tho.

by Anonymousreply 23July 14, 2019 12:43 PM

There's a pretty large group of people on DL who hate Frances and they've never really made it clear why. I've always assumed it was hatred for Kurt they've directed at her.

Boomers in the 1990s loathed Nirvana, and I can see them hating on Frances Bean now, after grinding their teeth over celebrity news articles about her birth all those years ago.

by Anonymousreply 24July 14, 2019 12:45 PM

Frances has her father's eyes, but the rest of her is Courtney to a T. Courtney was painfully homely as a teenager, but after she slimmed down in her 20s and got her first nose job, I thought she was actually quite pretty. I never found Kurt even remotely attractive.

by Anonymousreply 25July 14, 2019 12:45 PM

New jaw, refined chin, big lips, just like Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 26July 14, 2019 12:47 PM

Courtney looked terrible when she was fat and before the nose job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 14, 2019 12:48 PM

Courtney looked terrible when she was fat and before the nose job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 14, 2019 12:48 PM

I know DL hates nepotism, but I'm surprised by all the vitriol being hurled at Frances given that she's never actually done anything with her familial connections/name. I don't think she does anything really, but mind her own business and live comfortably on her inheritance.

by Anonymousreply 29July 14, 2019 12:54 PM

There's no vitriol here, you dizzy queen.

by Anonymousreply 30July 14, 2019 12:56 PM

Courtney looked a fright before she lost weight and got the nose job, per R28's picture, but I agree with R25 that she looked good after that, at least for a period.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 14, 2019 12:57 PM

Frances should be way more fucked up than she is given her bloodlines. She's always struck me as one of the least attention-seeking/obnoxious celeb kids, mainly because you rarely hear anything about her.

by Anonymousreply 32July 14, 2019 12:59 PM

She's your typical filthy rich hipster millennial, but I don't get why people are calling her phony and a wannabe.

by Anonymousreply 33July 14, 2019 1:03 PM

Courtney desperately wanted Frances to get an education; I remember her talking about it on The View. She was pushing her to go to Bard, of all places. It was obviously to fulfill Courtney's fantasy of having a college education, but it never happened.

by Anonymousreply 34July 14, 2019 1:06 PM

Is she a "visual artist", like James Franco and Leelee Sobieski?

by Anonymousreply 35July 14, 2019 1:11 PM

If she didn’t want attention she wouldn’t have been on Twitter with her fans for so long. She’s a hipster moron who fought with a Jenner for attention. The “kid” is a grown woman with the mind of a 4 year old.

by Anonymousreply 36July 14, 2019 1:14 PM

R36 Frances doesn't have "fans," dear. She has people who are obsessed with her parents (mainly her father) and are fascinated by her because of it. She's not done anything to warrant having fans. Also, getting attention for posting something on Twitter is a lot different than partying it up for paparazzi, whoring yourself out to record labels on the basis of who your parents are (and shamelessly promoting yourself on that basis), neither of which she's done.

by Anonymousreply 37July 14, 2019 1:18 PM

Obsessed....like R37

by Anonymousreply 38July 14, 2019 1:21 PM

She sure has some fans here. She's as interesting as Brooklyn Beckham or Lourdes Leon, only less attractive.

by Anonymousreply 39July 14, 2019 1:22 PM

A small part of me feels bad for her. Can you imagine having parents as personally fucked up as Courtney Love and Kurt Cobain, and then on top of that, having them both be cultural icons who have their own coteries of crazed fans? What a strange situation to be born into. At least she has her hundreds of millions to keep her warm at night.

by Anonymousreply 40July 14, 2019 1:23 PM

You never see Lourdes on twitter. You never see Lourdes being needy like that.

by Anonymousreply 41July 14, 2019 1:23 PM

Frances has not posted on her Twitter in over a year, and even before that, her posts were sporadic. The Kendall Jenner tweet she made that people are crucifying her for was like 7 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 14, 2019 1:26 PM

R42 sounds like Franny

by Anonymousreply 43July 14, 2019 1:29 PM

The OP posts THE SAME QUESTION every 6 months.

by Anonymousreply 44July 14, 2019 1:30 PM

She is friends with Paris Jackson, who is at least 10x more annoying

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 14, 2019 1:35 PM

[quote]Obsessed....like R37

Bitch, you've posted 10 times on this thread about how awful Francis Bean is. Stop projecting.

by Anonymousreply 46July 14, 2019 1:37 PM

Again, r46 is being obsessive and hysterically defensive.

by Anonymousreply 47July 14, 2019 2:22 PM

Kurt was usually too grimy and gross but he was real pretty when he cleaned up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 14, 2019 2:45 PM

[quote]I never found Kurt even remotely attractive.

Okay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 14, 2019 3:38 PM

Kurt was not unattractive per se, but he had the look of your typical convenience store worker in any small Pacific Northwest town—a greasy slacker type. Frances has obviously had surgery, but she always looked much more like her mom than she did her dad IMO.

by Anonymousreply 50July 15, 2019 7:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!