Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DOOL Part 8 = The Pivotal Star Of Eli Grant

This thread will be discussing DOOL from 7-12-19 to ????

Eric is the reigning King OF DOOL with 62 episodes so far this year (Sarah is the reigning Queen with 61 episodes).

Rex the reigning Prince OF DOOL (who is rumored to be departing soon) has 54 episodes so far this year (Hope is the reigning Princess with 60).

Who among the next 10 ranked male DOOL actors should be the new King OF DOOL? The poll's runner up will be considered the new Prince of DOOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493November 4, 2019 9:46 PM

Here is the link to the previous thread =

DOOL Part 7 = It's Raining Men Is Salem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 12, 2019 4:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 12, 2019 4:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 12, 2019 4:56 PM

In 2011, Cody Longo played that dreadful Carly Manning's de-SORASed son who briefly returned to the show to take her away from Salem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 12, 2019 7:49 PM

So, Xander is going to be the new Ben - the bad, bad guy who will be redeemed into a good guy?

by Anonymousreply 5July 12, 2019 8:41 PM

Ben is a hero now.

Xander will never be a hero.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 12, 2019 9:05 PM

Not my hero R6.

by Anonymousreply 7July 12, 2019 10:08 PM

When Dr. Rolf and Kristen found the dying Will, they made note of the cum stains all over Will's jeans and realized Will had cum on himself while sexy Ben was choking him.

by Anonymousreply 8July 12, 2019 10:20 PM

Strudel Will?

by Anonymousreply 9July 13, 2019 12:42 AM

Dr. Rolf and Kristen found the Chandler Will in the recreated flashback.

by Anonymousreply 10July 13, 2019 12:46 AM

Well it's being said on Twitter that Greg R. chose to leave Days and go back to Y&R because you know Y&R pays way much more than Days does. So they had to sorta rush Leo's exit.

by Anonymousreply 11July 13, 2019 2:15 AM

Is Greg Vaughan leaving?

Sarah Horton has ruined Eric and Rex.

by Anonymousreply 12July 13, 2019 2:26 AM

R12 his ex-wife claims that he is leaving the show so he can move to NC with Angie Harmon.

by Anonymousreply 13July 13, 2019 2:37 AM

R11, according to Twitter Greg R 's story was aborted because someone thought the storyline was "too gay". The person reporting this, didn't make it clear if it was an actor or a producer who felt this way. Whoever it was, it was clearly someone with enough power to end a story. My guess it was Ken.

by Anonymousreply 14July 13, 2019 2:41 AM

R14 a former writer is the one claiming that Greg chose to leave and also in part because of the better pay over at Y&R than Days.

There have been complaints about gays being on Days since MarDar and when TomSell took over there were complaints from homophobes when Brian and years later Paul were brought on. The homophobes complained that TomSell was using their beloved show to try to push their nasty "gay agenda" on the audience and remove the "Christian foundations of the show". The homophobes went nuts with complaints to NBC when Will and Sonny got married and went even crazier when Paul fucked Will in his hotel room. They're still angry that show brought Will back. It's been said that when Dena and Josh were brought on to write for the show that one of their tasks was to "de-gay" show and eventually eliminate all the gay characters in order to try to appease the homophobes who had been complaining that the gays had been driving away viewers. If only the homophobes knew of the gay sex that is alleged to have happened bts on the show

by Anonymousreply 15July 13, 2019 3:19 AM

I know some stations didn’t air the wedding episodes but weren’t there some stations caught editing out the Gay?

by Anonymousreply 16July 13, 2019 3:22 AM

R16 there have been rumors that some did do that such as waiting until the gay scenes were over before coming back to the show.

by Anonymousreply 17July 13, 2019 3:41 AM

[quote][R14] a former writer is the one claiming that Greg chose to leave and also in part because of the better pay over at Y&R than Days.

Why that doesn't make sense is because his Days scenes were shot well over a year ago. He didn't leave Days and immediately return to Y&R. His story was already wrapped and in the can way back in 2018. If he left Days for YR, then he would have shown up back on Y&R in 2018. But it has been stated that Y&R's new writing team brought Greg back. Mal Young was still the EP and HW when Greg left Days. While it is true that Y&R pays more, Greg was recurring on Days and is recurring on Y&R. He could have done both shows if he wanted.

For those reasons, I tend to believe the Twitter report that someone high up thought that Greg's storyline was too gay and hit the abort button.

by Anonymousreply 18July 13, 2019 3:56 AM

Yeah, Leo's storyline ended at the end of March this year, which means his last day on Days' set was around Sep 2018! GR didn't reappear on Y&R until last month, June 2019 and Y&R only tapes a month or two ahead. There were many months in between his two gigs.

by Anonymousreply 19July 13, 2019 5:22 AM

What did Ben do once he left Days the first time? All I know is that he did Price is Right. Did he do any Lifetime movies or something, or was he just waiting for that call back from Days?

by Anonymousreply 20July 13, 2019 6:41 AM

R20 I think Rob appeared in one Made for TV movie during that time, and, of course, an episode of The Bay .. lol! ... But I believe he spent most of his time off Days by returning to modeling. Here's one of his agency portfolios.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 13, 2019 7:24 AM

It went from being de gay show to being a de-gayed show.

by Anonymousreply 22July 13, 2019 9:55 AM

Didn’t James Franco appear at one of the gay weddings?

by Anonymousreply 23July 13, 2019 9:58 AM

R20 Lifetime frau bait movies, some indie movie with Mischa Barton and doing Ken's other show LOTL plus like r21 said some modeling.

by Anonymousreply 24July 13, 2019 9:58 AM

R14

The person who dropped the intel about the Leo story being truncated because it was "too gay" finally admitted the higher up was Alan Alar. He's pulled several other storylines (non gay) or vetoed them all together.

by Anonymousreply 25July 13, 2019 12:43 PM

Maybe because it didn't involve his favorite Ben R25. Alan Alarr has been very desperate to have RSW back in the show basically looking for almost any excuse he could to get him back. RSW is to Alan Alarr what Galen G. is to Ken Corday.

by Anonymousreply 26July 13, 2019 1:22 PM

RSW did some Lifetime movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 13, 2019 1:25 PM

In 2016, RSW did 'I Know Where Lizzie Is', which was a gayfest with frau hag Tracey Gold, former professional beard, Nadia Bjorlin, out gay Scott Evans and closeted gay Richard Ruccolo, who has played gay.

I wonder of Scott Evans sold any cocaine to RSW or gave it to him free for some of that RSW cock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 13, 2019 1:29 PM

[quote]finally admitted the higher up was Alan Alar.

Do you mean Albert Alarr, the EP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 13, 2019 1:41 PM

I wonder if Mischa Barton tried to do the same with RSW R28?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 13, 2019 1:42 PM

Allan Carr

by Anonymousreply 31July 13, 2019 2:20 PM

This is why I said in the other thread that Days needs a new producing team. They keep changing writers, but never changed the executives. Ron isn't perfect, but he is a good fit for Days and has made the show, at least to me, watchable. And quite frankly there are no other daytime writers, worth a damn, out there who could replace him and do a better job. Unless someone is going to hold a seance and contact Jim Reilly's spirit.

Ron doesn't have a producer credit and is in New York and his no power to stop them from making changes as the scenes are shot. I am not defending Ron, because I do think he needs a strong EP to keep him grounded. But there is no reason why the dust on my coffee table is 100 times more interesting than Will and Sonny's storyline.

by Anonymousreply 32July 13, 2019 4:44 PM

R29

Yes Albert Alarr. I wrote that post before I had any coffee. I barely know my own name before coffee.

by Anonymousreply 33July 13, 2019 4:48 PM

Tripp asking gay WilSon to move with him was very gay! Even though it didn't make any sense...

by Anonymousreply 34July 13, 2019 9:35 PM

r34

well FCF is Tripp's cousin...

by Anonymousreply 35July 13, 2019 10:17 PM

[quote]Tripp asking gay WilSon to move with him was very gay!

Falcon Studios Presents...

by Anonymousreply 36July 13, 2019 10:24 PM

Were the writers throwing a dig at FCF by having him order pasta primavera, then within a beat, he and Will ask for the check and Tripp noting that they hardly touched their meals. Were they implying FCF can stand to skip a meal (or two).

by Anonymousreply 37July 13, 2019 11:14 PM

R37 I don't know about that.

I didn't think of Freddie's weight in that scene until you mentioned it here.

It's possible.

by Anonymousreply 38July 16, 2019 3:27 PM

Any new spoilers for the character arcs?

by Anonymousreply 39July 16, 2019 9:39 PM

Magazines don't come out til tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 40July 16, 2019 10:07 PM

Poll results as of 7-11-19 =

#1 (King) = Will

#2 (Prince) = tie between Ben & Sonny

#4 = tie between Jack, Tripp & Ted

#7 - tie between Brady & Eli

#9 - tie between JJ & Rafe

by Anonymousreply 41July 17, 2019 7:59 AM

Why so few posts the last few days?

by Anonymousreply 42July 17, 2019 2:20 PM

Austin no longer has local NBC for the last 3 weeks because of a fight with DirecTV/AT&T.

Three weeks now and no end in sight.

No, I'm not going to watch it on my phone.

by Anonymousreply 43July 17, 2019 3:55 PM

R43

You can watch it on your computer/tablet. I lost ABC/CW two weeks ago & that's how I have to watch.

by Anonymousreply 44July 17, 2019 8:46 PM

Sonny called jack “your uncle jack” to Will but jack is both their uncle... sonny is actually blood related

by Anonymousreply 45July 17, 2019 8:51 PM

Are the writers DLers? The reference to Will’s plaid-only wardrobe suggests so.

by Anonymousreply 46July 17, 2019 10:31 PM

I want Xander with his roguish accent to role play dirty step daddy EJ with Will. Is today the first time ever for a scene with Xander and Chambo Will?

by Anonymousreply 47July 18, 2019 1:26 AM

R47 I think so.

by Anonymousreply 48July 18, 2019 2:47 AM

I know everyone hates Missy Reeves, but those Jack & Jennifer scenes were pure GOLD. Straight outta 1989-90! He called her "Miss Horton"!

by Anonymousreply 49July 18, 2019 5:45 AM

R49 The scenes were boring.

Once again Jennifer criticizes Jack's "lousy" life while she doesn't have one of her own.

Jack should get a restraining order against his stalker ex wife (when was the last time a RO was actually filed on a soap instead of threatened?).

Taking her press pass isn't that big of deal considering all the times she chases after him for something.

I'm a big fan of the Eve & Jack duo. They have really stirred the Salem pot this year.

Bad guy Stefan continues to be a bust.

by Anonymousreply 50July 18, 2019 2:57 PM

binging In the Dark on netflix with Real Chad... he and the show are pretty good

by Anonymousreply 51July 18, 2019 4:01 PM

[quote] Are the writers DLers? The reference to Will’s plaid-only wardrobe suggests so.

DOOL?

by Anonymousreply 52July 18, 2019 11:02 PM

Who need Eileen?

"Susan" was lots of fun today.

by Anonymousreply 53July 19, 2019 2:07 AM

Who knew writers could get so much mileage from a Mexican wrestling mask?

by Anonymousreply 54July 19, 2019 4:21 AM

Today's episode w/Susan and the mask was divine. I will even say the bittersweet scene w/Jack and Eve were good, because although he says he will not leave her once he gains his memory, Eve knows he will.

by Anonymousreply 55July 19, 2019 7:29 AM

[quote] Who knew writers could get so much mileage from a Mexican wrestling mask?

Is this a masked reference to Freddie?

by Anonymousreply 56July 19, 2019 8:28 AM

R56 No it isn't a Freddie reference. I LOL'd at Gabi telling Brady that "Nicole" answered the door with a Mexican wrestling mask on. That was so 90s DOOL writing.

R55 I hope the writers throw the viewers a curve ball & let Jack remain with Eve (at least for awhile longer) after he regains his memory (which is so predictable).

Unless they pair Eve back up with Brady, I don't know what else TPTB would do with her. Cassie might be out of a job before long. She knows how to act funny, endearing & bitchy. Cassie has always been one of this shows highlights for me (on OLTL not so much).

by Anonymousreply 57July 19, 2019 3:00 PM

Why do people on DOOL threads associate Freddie with Mexicans?

by Anonymousreply 58July 19, 2019 3:07 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 19, 2019 3:14 PM

[quote]Will spontaneously decided to rummage through Susan's purse, which had been left unattended. "Didn't your mother ever teach you [that you should] never go through a woman's purse?" Sonny asked incredulously. "My mom is Sami Brady, so what do you think?" Will replied, and Sonny conceded the point. "Besides, Susan lied to me for two years about who I was, so I don't really feel bad [about] going through her gigantic Stevie Nicks purse," Will continued. "You might even find Stevie Nicks in that purse," Sonny joked, but Will soon found something equally shocking -- a gun. "What is she up to?" Will wondered, giving Sonny a look of concern.

Ron must be a Stevie fan!

by Anonymousreply 60July 19, 2019 4:10 PM

The previous DOOL thread (Part 7) has now hit 8,300 views.

It's a good time to add up the votes in which of the Top 10 longest serving DOOL vets should be "retired".

1 - Hope

2 - Marlena (her placing so high in the poll shocked me)

3 - Abe (he was the poll's frontrunner for such a long time)

4 - it's a 3 way tie between senior couple Maggie & Victor with 90+ nice guy Doug.

7 - Henderson (when did this guy last pop up on the screen?)

8 - John

9 - Sami

10 - Julie (the vicious face slapper is the DL's favorite DOOL vet = no big surprise there)

by Anonymousreply 61July 19, 2019 6:16 PM

Favorite vet Julie gets her DL crown with

scenes like this one from just 7 months ago =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 19, 2019 6:28 PM

"You mendacious little bitch!" is a phrase which should be used with impunity both in the real world and online.

by Anonymousreply 63July 19, 2019 6:48 PM

Any comments about today's episode?

by Anonymousreply 64July 20, 2019 1:24 AM

Any more Stevie Nicks references?

by Anonymousreply 65July 20, 2019 1:36 AM

No but the show now has 2 Susan Banks

so they probably add up to 1 Stevie Nicks.

by Anonymousreply 66July 20, 2019 2:12 AM

On today's show, Ciara says it was HARD to forgive Ted for blackmailing her cousin Will.

It sounds like it was rather EASY for her to forgive serial killer Ben who helped take away a couple years of Will's life (plus all of his memories).

Oh to be a brain cell in Ciara's head.

by Anonymousreply 67July 20, 2019 2:29 AM

NuCira?

by Anonymousreply 68July 20, 2019 2:36 AM

They’ve written Ciara into a corner. She’s just a prop.

by Anonymousreply 69July 20, 2019 3:09 AM

NuCiara?

by Anonymousreply 70July 20, 2019 3:09 AM

Weekly Preview (7/22/19)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 20, 2019 1:32 PM

Rex is out of there 8/9. Tripp leaves on 8/28!

by Anonymousreply 72July 20, 2019 11:10 PM

I like when the Mexican Murderess pops of in Spanish. She stole Xander's briefcase. I wouldn’t want him as an enemy. Or maybe I would. Susan calls him 'Xandy'. Didn’t at one time Salem have a Gym/spa? . It would be very interesting if all Brady and Xander's scenes could take place in the steam room wearing only towels. Brady looked pretty buff today and I swear he popped his pecs for the camera.

by Anonymousreply 73July 21, 2019 1:00 AM

That's a great idea, but hard to accomplish on a budget of $1.98. Ron is famous for his steamroom scenes on OLTL and GH.

by Anonymousreply 74July 21, 2019 1:19 AM

R73, The spa that Quinn ran?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 21, 2019 1:55 AM

Did Will check out exposed Brady? Did he mentally do a comparison with Paul?

by Anonymousreply 76July 21, 2019 2:18 AM

WilSon is already the gay couple who got nothing to do but butt into other people's story lines.

by Anonymousreply 77July 21, 2019 2:20 AM

Two Susans in Salem next week!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 21, 2019 2:56 AM

[quote] Two Susans in Salem next week!

How many Snasus are in Melaswen?

by Anonymousreply 79July 21, 2019 3:11 AM

R79 Owt, of course!

by Anonymousreply 80July 21, 2019 3:13 AM

Tehe, R80.

by Anonymousreply 81July 21, 2019 3:14 AM

This Nicole/Susan/Kristin story is costing the show major bucks & not worth it imo.

Per union rules AZ and SH have to be paid double (AZ) and triple (SH) because they are playing double & triple roles.

Some days AZ plays Nicole, some days Kristin or both. SH plays Kristin some days, some days Susan & some days Nicole or all in the same episode.

by Anonymousreply 82July 21, 2019 4:07 AM

Who are AZ and SH? Is SH Susan Seaforth Hayes?

by Anonymousreply 83July 21, 2019 4:08 AM

NuCole?

by Anonymousreply 84July 21, 2019 4:09 AM

R83

Ari Zucker and Stacy Haiduk (sp?)

by Anonymousreply 85July 21, 2019 4:16 AM

[quote]On today's show, Ciara says it was HARD to forgive Ted for blackmailing her cousin Will. It sounds like it was rather EASY for her to forgive serial killer Ben who helped take away a couple years of Will's life (plus all of his memories). Oh to be a brain cell in Ciara's head.

Yeah, I was shaking my head on that one. He killed three people and tried to kill three more, but I guess blackmailing her cousin beats a little bloodletting. Although, Ben killed that very cousin.

by Anonymousreply 86July 21, 2019 5:29 AM

[quote]This Nicole/Susan/Kristin story is costing the show major bucks & not worth it imo. Per union rules AZ and SH have to be paid double (AZ) and triple (SH) because they are playing double & triple roles.

Are you sure about that? Don't they just get paid a daily rate?

by Anonymousreply 87July 21, 2019 5:30 AM

Nope. Union rules says they get paid per role. Example- if you play twins you get paid twice your rate.

by Anonymousreply 88July 21, 2019 6:30 AM

R88 I can't find anything about that. All I see is that actors get paid per episode -- not role.

by Anonymousreply 89July 21, 2019 8:03 AM

R82, soap stars get paid per episode and with an episode guarantee. They aren’t paid per role.

by Anonymousreply 90July 21, 2019 9:47 AM

[quote] Two Susans in Salem next week!

But Stacy Haiduk is playing them so it’s not worth seeing. Eileen Davidson was fucking amazing. Stacy is a one-note no talent.

by Anonymousreply 91July 21, 2019 9:48 AM

[quote] Who need Eileen?

Days does, idiot. Stacy is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 92July 21, 2019 9:50 AM

Stacy is not embarrassing. She does a great Susan, and I can't tell her version from Eilene's. Push comes to shove, I like Stacy's version better, and I like Eilene's Kristen.

by Anonymousreply 93July 21, 2019 10:01 AM

[quote]Stacy is not embarrassing. She does a great Susan, and I can't tell her version from Eilene's. Push comes to shove, I like Stacy's version better, and I like Eilene's Kristen.

Oh, dear. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 94July 21, 2019 10:52 AM

R93 I agree with you 100%.

by Anonymousreply 95July 21, 2019 11:02 AM

Sunday morning question...

How would you fix Hope?

by Anonymousreply 96July 21, 2019 3:39 PM

Kill off Adrienne and put Hope with Justin.

The DA and the Police Commissioner working together and falling in love would be great.

Plus, Justin already fell in love with Hope in 2011.

by Anonymousreply 97July 21, 2019 3:48 PM

[quote]Did Will check out exposed Brady?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 21, 2019 5:03 PM

Will hasn't had any good dick since Paul left. Why not check out his uncle by marriage (who is only three years older than him pre-SORAS)

by Anonymousreply 99July 21, 2019 5:06 PM

Kill off Adrienne? R97 Are you nuts?

She's the one genuine ray of sunshine this show has (Doug might be the male equivalent).

I think you meant "Kill off Hope so she can go be with her beloved Bo".

Ol' Petey might come back for some episodes if that were to happen.

by Anonymousreply 100July 21, 2019 7:34 PM

Can you imagine Ciara's reaction to

walking in on her beloved Ben

after he had strangled her mom to death?

by Anonymousreply 101July 21, 2019 7:38 PM

I just finished Friday's show. It was very. There is something going on with Chandler. I think I like him better with lighter hair and his face didn't have any color in it.

by Anonymousreply 102July 21, 2019 7:38 PM

Chandler looks like he has a squirrel nesting on top of his head.

by Anonymousreply 103July 22, 2019 12:59 AM

R98 Chambo knows how a gay man should do in that situation!

by Anonymousreply 104July 22, 2019 2:14 AM

R98 Nothing Will hasn't already seen. He downloaded the pirated sex tape of Xander, Daniel, and Brady from their summer on Mykonos.

And bottom boy Brady may not be his type.

by Anonymousreply 105July 22, 2019 2:44 AM

No way Brady is a bottom. Brady is a Black.

by Anonymousreply 106July 22, 2019 3:13 AM

Brady is so a muscle mary! So is Rex. Eric would top them both if he sex drive weren't so stunted by religious nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 107July 22, 2019 4:01 AM

He's called "Queen Brady" for a reason, R106.

by Anonymousreply 108July 22, 2019 6:56 AM

Chandler and Freddie were terrible in those scenes with naked chested Brady. Those two should have been fired long ago.

by Anonymousreply 109July 22, 2019 7:12 AM

Hi Albert/R90. Did you enjoy tasting Ben's Italian sausage and meatballs?

by Anonymousreply 110July 22, 2019 8:59 AM

robin strasser ✔ @robinstrasser

#DOOL "See you in September":) Seriously, to the best of my knowledge, it's going to be a September start-Just 15 episodes-but an honor to have be asked to do this iconic show!

by Anonymousreply 111July 22, 2019 12:51 PM

Ben is Italian?

by Anonymousreply 112July 22, 2019 12:51 PM

Robert Scott Wilson

Place of Birth: Grafton, Massachusetts, U.S.

Date of Birth: November 9, 1987

Ethnicity: French-Canadian, Irish, possibly other

Robert Scott Wilson is an American model and actor.

Robert is the son of Cheryl and David Wilson.

Robert’s maternal grandfather was Sylvio Liberty (the son of Nazaire/Naraire/Nazare Liberty and Lena/Lens Either). Sylvio was born in Massachusetts. Naraire was born in Connecticut, the son of John Liberty/Laliberte, who was from Canada, and of Alice Towney, who was Irish. Lena likely was born in Massachusetts, the daughter of John Either and Matilda Hebert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 22, 2019 12:52 PM

R88 we're thankful for SAG-AFTRA.

by Anonymousreply 114July 22, 2019 11:48 PM

I like Sal Stowers, but she really needs to do something about her wig or weave, whatever it is.

by Anonymousreply 115July 23, 2019 2:11 AM

Only 15 episodes of Vivian. Boo!

by Anonymousreply 116July 23, 2019 2:14 AM

Who is playing Vivian?

by Anonymousreply 117July 23, 2019 2:16 AM

I still don't think RS is going to play Vivian

by Anonymousreply 118July 23, 2019 2:25 AM

Jason47 confirmed La Strasser is playing Vivian.

by Anonymousreply 119July 23, 2019 2:29 AM

EJ is also coming back. He’s been recast.

by Anonymousreply 120July 23, 2019 3:09 AM

One thing I have never understood about daytime soap viewing is how the viewers can stand having characters played by so many different people or the same person playing multiple characters, the major inconsistencies in continuity, the changes in ages (SORAS) and familial relationships, and that's without mentioning the medical procedures that don't make sense, the resurrections, the supernatural aspects and the people surviving under conditions that would kill someone in real life (being buried for weeks in a casket). Night time soaps were guilty of some of these practices, but in daytime soaps they seem so jarring and overwhelming to the casual viewer like me. I can't imagine how it must feel to the dedicated viewers. If we had threads on DOOL inconsistencies like we had for The Golden Girls, the threads would be never ending. Why can't the creators just write plots and dialogue that, for example fit the fact that a particular actress left or died, or let children age normally? Real life and watching the developments of people as they naturally change over time is much more interesting than a witch, a dual personality killer, and redeemed rapists and murderers who are somehow accepted by the community. As a casual watcher, I'd like to see real, viable characterization and realistic plots. I'd like to see the rapist released from prison who is not redeemed, accepted or reformed. That would be much more interesting. As things are and have been for years, the things I mentioned above take me completely out of the "reality" of the program and destroy any interest in sticking with it long term. I guess soaps are not for me, although when I'd see them when I was a kid with my grandmother they seemed to be grounded in some sort of rational dramatic reality and I enjoyed them. Perhaps devoted soap fans can tell me how one deals with this? Perhaps this is part of the fun? Or perhaps you've just gotten used to it over the years? I watch a few clips on these threads, and it's just very hard to deal with it. Perhaps if thought of them as one does a Road Runner and Coyote cartoon and accepted that the reality only works within the confines of the show, then I'd be able to understand how to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 121July 23, 2019 3:20 AM

Soap operas were heightened reality dramas designed to sell soap to housewives. With their slow plotting and recognizable characters (mostly the easily scandalized white middle classes in small town USA) soaps were supposed to be a glimpse into your next door neighbors' lives with a little something extra added to keep the viewers tuned in each day. Even when they were at their "realist" (50s- Late 70s) they were still somewhat over the top melodramas with outrageous characters doing outrageous things, they were just more based in reality back then.

The one thing that has remained consistent over the years is that character is key in soap opera. The character even trumps the actor who plays the character, which is why many roles be can recast over and over. Some roles cannot be recast, usually because an actor becomes so identified with the part. Think Susan Lucci or Dee Hall or Luke Spencer, but that is rare. The truth is, in soaps, almost everybody can be replaced.

The soap opera audience is a mere shadow of it's former self. Through bad choices, mishandling, and a lack of investment in the future daytime soaps are on their final act. But it is also important to note that the world has changed. No one is going to wait 8 years any more for Mike Horton's true paternity to be revealed. No one has that kind of time and people just aren't patient anymore. But there was nothing better than an old school slow burn soap story that took years to unfold. Look up the Steve/Rachel/Alice triangle if you don't believe me.

And even with the problems, there is no other medium that can trace a character from birth to death and play all the important beats like soap opera can.

To be a soap fan is to accept the fact that at some point your intelligence is going to be punked, some writer or EP is going to make a decision that completely fucks up the show, and that the history you watched and can recall almost scene by scene can be changed with the stroke of a pen. I'm still pissed off that Y&R made Katherine Jill's mother. And all of that is also part of the charm.

by Anonymousreply 122July 23, 2019 3:54 AM

R120 NuEJ better have chemistry with Will... So we can revive EJill!

by Anonymousreply 123July 23, 2019 4:04 AM

The character of EJ is now being played by...

Who will play him now?

by Anonymousreply 124July 23, 2019 4:08 AM

r120

without Sami??

by Anonymousreply 125July 23, 2019 12:37 PM

I doubt they've recast EJ. Ali isn't going to sign a contract so I doubt EJ would stay in Salem without her & the kids.

by Anonymousreply 126July 23, 2019 12:39 PM

[quote]One thing I have never understood about daytime soap viewing is how the viewers can stand having characters played by so many different people

We don't get it either!

by Anonymousreply 127July 23, 2019 12:50 PM

The 3 episodes of "Susan back in Salem" was a waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 128July 24, 2019 3:06 AM

R128 Soap is a waste of time.... at least Susan makes it fun!

by Anonymousreply 129July 24, 2019 3:42 AM

We never cared for you either R129.

by Anonymousreply 130July 24, 2019 3:46 AM

Susan is fun, but 3 days in a row of that shit is too much. Just loud and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 131July 24, 2019 6:41 AM

Who plays Susan the best and why?

by Anonymousreply 132July 24, 2019 7:01 AM

We had 4 days of Will in a row that has to been a record but what a waste with no story but stupid susan ugh!

by Anonymousreply 133July 24, 2019 7:05 AM

I don't like SH's Kristen but I do like her Susan... Eileen... Please return as Kristen and Stacy can stay as Susan!

by Anonymousreply 134July 24, 2019 10:49 AM

No days yesterday because they interrupted for weather related shit and none today because of the investigation? The fuck

by Anonymousreply 135July 24, 2019 5:18 PM

None in many parts of the country because of a war with AT&T/DirecTV. For one month now.

by Anonymousreply 136July 24, 2019 5:20 PM

NBC is arguing with AT&T/DirecTV as well as CBS??? that sucks

by Anonymousreply 137July 24, 2019 5:37 PM

In Austin, they are!

by Anonymousreply 138July 24, 2019 6:03 PM

JJ's acting in the last episode was on Chandler's level.

Just awful.

As much as I'm a fan of Claire's, I'm already tired of Baby Trask's PTSD.

Her acting wasn't very convincing either.

by Anonymousreply 139July 25, 2019 6:16 PM

R139 Nothing wrong with Chandler's acting. I see he's enjoying the lighter quirky Susan story after the weepy near death saga.

by Anonymousreply 140July 25, 2019 6:47 PM

R140 He's had several acting failures in 2019 when viewers on the DL noticed he was phoning it in (& smirking in scenes when he should've been serious).

I say all of this as a fan of Will/Chandler.

by Anonymousreply 141July 25, 2019 7:01 PM

I would have written out JJ and Haley instead of Claire & Tripp.

Haley has no real ties to the show. The actress is beautiful but bland. If someone had told me 2 years ago I'd want Claire to stay I'd have said you were crazy. ORK must've gotten acting lessons because she won me over with this descent into madness story. Plus, Claire is a Brady with multiple ties across the show.

JJ has only worked when he was a bad boy fuck up. Now he's not even hot. He's tubby & losing his hair. Tripp may not be amazing but he at least has some spark on screen. He would also bolster the Johnson/Brady side of the show. I know I'd prefer to see him in story/romance than JJ.

by Anonymousreply 142July 25, 2019 7:27 PM

Yeah, because Ben could go off his meds and he hooks up with Claire and sparks will fly. Tripp has been turned into some hipster but I do like those tight, bicep hugging button down shirts. I liked Hailey better when she was butting heads with mother, but I haven't seen her lately. JJ to the rescue/ Damsel in distress thing is getting really boring. He should see Dr.Marlena and undergo hypnosis and have some past life regression

by Anonymousreply 143July 25, 2019 9:26 PM

Tripp is good eye candy even when his story line sucks.

by Anonymousreply 144July 25, 2019 11:09 PM

[quote]Nothing wrong with Chandler's acting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145July 25, 2019 11:11 PM

Just seems very ridiculous that so many people had/have mental problems in recent years. First there was Ben then Abigail and then Jordan. Just recently Claire but now Haley has PTSD. Seems like I'm forgetting someone.

by Anonymousreply 146July 26, 2019 12:50 AM

I'm distrubed by Hailey's big flat face. Plus, they put entirely too much makeup on her.

by Anonymousreply 147July 26, 2019 12:56 AM

Nighttime Hope tried to murder Bo by burning him alive.

Ciara had rape PTSD.

by Anonymousreply 148July 26, 2019 12:56 AM

^^^ LOOL!

by Anonymousreply 149July 26, 2019 1:46 AM

[quote]JJ has only worked when he was a bad boy fuck up.

Completely agree. Casey excelled at playing the bad boy. Don't understand why they keep saddling him with these lackluster good guy, knight in shining armor plots that he clearly doesn't enjoy.

Let him get his heart broken and decide he wants vengeance on the world. Bring BB JJ back!!

BB JJ = Bad Boy Jack Junior.

by Anonymousreply 150July 26, 2019 4:21 AM

MAGA JJ as a corrupt cop who is getting cock on the downlow from Brady as well as his obviously gay brother-in-law Chad.

by Anonymousreply 151July 26, 2019 10:50 AM

Days of Our Lives 7/ 29/ 2019 Weekly Preview Promo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152July 27, 2019 12:33 AM

I didn't see the Stabi wedding coming this quickly.

Kudos to TPTB that had my head spinning in the latest episode.

by Anonymousreply 153July 27, 2019 5:40 AM

Friday’s episode was a good one (finally)

by Anonymousreply 154July 27, 2019 10:34 PM

[quote] ^^^ LOOL!

LOOL! :)

by Anonymousreply 155July 29, 2019 4:58 AM

I know the show's reality is very far from actual reality but there being absolutely no way to duplicate Dr. Rolf's formula. Even if the original notes were destroyed, *no one* copied or transcribed them, making a digital copy, for further reference? No individual or the number of hospitals, labs, etc has anything? And then Eve not only getting the lab which made Jack's serum shut down but being able to obtain any and all medical records and research which she proceeded to shred? So ridiculous all around.

by Anonymousreply 156July 29, 2019 7:06 PM

According to Days queen Jason47 someone else is leaving the show besides those already announced and Days has launched its first web series on the Dooooool app this one about Chad and Abby in "Paris". Which will have an effect on the show especially when they return.

by Anonymousreply 157July 29, 2019 7:22 PM

R157

I don't see how Eve survives all this. She'll probably be written out & brought back in a year.

by Anonymousreply 158July 29, 2019 7:34 PM

I’m confused, so Tony has been alive this whole time? Tony & Andre we’re alive at the same time until Abigail killed Andre? When Anna was carrying ashes around acting bonkers, who was in the urn?

by Anonymousreply 159July 29, 2019 8:15 PM

r159

What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 160July 29, 2019 8:38 PM

What happened to Anna anyway? Last I saw of her, she was boinking Roman and then suddenly she was gone again.

by Anonymousreply 161July 29, 2019 11:05 PM

R156 no good soap opera villain, Xander, would let the book go without copying it. It’s just not done.

by Anonymousreply 162July 29, 2019 11:45 PM

That In Paris scene on YouTube was awful. I haven’t missed them.

by Anonymousreply 163July 30, 2019 12:38 AM

r163

what youtube vid?

by Anonymousreply 164July 30, 2019 12:44 AM

Chabby drinking champagne in Paris and talking about their wonderful life. It’s setting up their App series before they return to the regular show in September.

Austin moves in with them for some comedic reason because Ron has always been in love with Austin Peck.

by Anonymousreply 165July 30, 2019 1:12 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166July 30, 2019 1:18 AM

Before Abby offered to be EJ’s secret mistress, she also went after married man Austin.

I wonder where this is all going.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167July 30, 2019 1:22 AM

Bring back Alex Marshall and Anna to torment the youngsters of Salem.

by Anonymousreply 168July 30, 2019 2:10 AM

The online series should be rated TV-MA and contain some nudity.

Then, it might be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 169July 30, 2019 3:47 AM

[quote] That In Paris scene on YouTube was awful.

Was it filmed on the Horton Town Square set?

by Anonymousreply 170July 30, 2019 3:54 AM

R168

Oh, how I adored Quinn Redeker (sp?) He was deliciously fun as Alex on Days and Rex on YR.

by Anonymousreply 171July 30, 2019 10:29 AM

Chad and Austin should give in to their mutual lust.

by Anonymousreply 172July 30, 2019 12:45 PM

I loved Alex's nicknames for people. Anna's was "Saddle Shoes", Emma's was "English"....and didn't he refer to Victor as "The Big Greek" couple times? (I know Steve did).

by Anonymousreply 173July 30, 2019 2:26 PM

What's with the head scarf? Who makes pot pie while living in Paris? My services are needed in France. Diane, call the airline.

by Anonymousreply 174July 30, 2019 5:06 PM

R174

La Leeds obviously didn't lower herself to help the Salem trash find a Paris apartment. God only knows what arrondissement they chose.

by Anonymousreply 175July 30, 2019 8:01 PM

R173, yes he did! He also called anyone who annoyed him "wacko". Too bad a lot of 1983-85 DOOL stuff has been deleted from Youtube. There was a ton of great Alex stuff on there.

by Anonymousreply 176July 31, 2019 3:27 AM

Is Ciara enrolled in anyone's college? Yeah, I know it's summer, but she was kidnapped twice this year, once when returning from Japan. So... it doesn't seem as if she has time for school.

by Anonymousreply 177July 31, 2019 8:00 AM

Jack & Jennifer still rock. Loved their scenes today. Of COURSE she would offend him! Perfect.

by Anonymousreply 178July 31, 2019 10:15 AM

R177 she doesn't have time for school only time for Ben's cock,feets and being his spokeswoman/defender.

by Anonymousreply 179July 31, 2019 11:21 AM

And you would sell your mother in a heartbeat to be in her position just for a day, salty queen from SOC at R179

by Anonymousreply 180July 31, 2019 12:34 PM

Ciara is dickmatized. It happens to the best of us, especially when the dick is that good. But she does need to get it together and figure out what she's doing with her life other than being a receptacle for Ben's cock and cum. Which is not a bad life goal, but Ben's cock doesn't pay the rent, but then Ciara does have Addie's money and Victor's trust fund. Maybe that bitch is doing better than we think.

by Anonymousreply 181July 31, 2019 1:33 PM

Oh dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182July 31, 2019 7:35 PM

Did Tony say anything about how he got/kept his memories or did the writer forget that tidbit?

by Anonymousreply 183July 31, 2019 9:11 PM

They finally mentioned Peter today

by Anonymousreply 184July 31, 2019 9:31 PM

We already know that Tony is Andre.

by Anonymousreply 185July 31, 2019 9:32 PM

Kassie has left the show.

by Anonymousreply 186July 31, 2019 9:33 PM

Eight months from now?

Or she is off the air now and left months ago?

by Anonymousreply 187July 31, 2019 9:40 PM

r185

how do we know that?

by Anonymousreply 188July 31, 2019 11:38 PM

Fire Melissa, bring back Jason Brooks as Peter. Now!

by Anonymousreply 189August 1, 2019 2:43 AM

R181 Yeah, she didn't even flinch when Uncle Roman fired her from the pub.

by Anonymousreply 190August 1, 2019 3:26 AM

Strudel looks hideous.

Does he have vitiligo? It appears he has discoloration on his face.

by Anonymousreply 191August 1, 2019 3:34 AM

I guess he was diddled as a child, hence all the ink. That's how abuse survivors identify these days it seems.

by Anonymousreply 192August 1, 2019 11:55 AM

I saw Godfey on a Lifetime movie yesterday. Aside from her base of her skull tattoo, she's got all kinds of scripts and shit on her body like Angelina Jolie.

A warning sign, definitely.

by Anonymousreply 193August 1, 2019 9:45 PM

R182 Yikes! Even though his face was strudeled at least he had his body but now he doesn’t even have that.

by Anonymousreply 194August 1, 2019 10:33 PM

My Gawd, those tattoos…what happened??

by Anonymousreply 195August 1, 2019 10:36 PM

R194 Now his body is strudeled, too! His life is strudeled!

by Anonymousreply 196August 1, 2019 10:38 PM

Strudel put all that ink on his chest, but his arms remain ink free?

Usually people do it the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 197August 1, 2019 10:45 PM

R197 I think he may have started with a leg (see big lion head on his leg from five years ago). And he should have stopped with the small-ish one on his chest. I think it was a dragonfly or butterfly, and it got swallowed by the new shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198August 2, 2019 12:49 AM

How is Strudel making a living by the way? Where is he getting the money for these tattoos?

by Anonymousreply 199August 2, 2019 12:52 AM

Strudel looks HORRIFIC.

by Anonymousreply 200August 2, 2019 6:50 AM

SoapOperaNews did an interview with Strudz a few weeks ago. He will be back on NCIS in September. But that can't pay the bills. Also, this was covered:

[quote] As always I like to ask about something new that fans may not know about our favorite actors. And his response was that he has 25 tattoos that most wouldn't know about because we don't get to see them onscreen.

Thank god for that!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201August 2, 2019 9:30 PM

anyone know where to find the return of Roman story line on youtube? There is a lot of early 90s DOOL on YT but not labelled super descriptively so any help would be appreciated

by Anonymousreply 202August 2, 2019 11:22 PM

If Days didn't film 80 shows a week, maybe they could slow down a little bit and use some of the sets they have in storage. This whole fight for Dimera story is fun, but it shouldn't be taking place in the middle of the Dimera living room. If you want to do a corporate story, then you need a corporate set.

I will once again make my call for a new EP. One who knows how to work a budget and a schedule and incorporate different sets.

by Anonymousreply 203August 3, 2019 12:07 AM

Days of Our Lives 8/ 5/ 2019 Weekly Preview Promo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204August 3, 2019 1:04 AM

^^^ Drunk Rex and Xander should wake up in bed together.

by Anonymousreply 205August 3, 2019 1:18 AM

Is Xander a regular now? He seems to mix it up with many characters but I am still not sure what he's after. Does he still want to be CEO or does he have bigger aspiration?

by Anonymousreply 206August 3, 2019 10:56 AM

Victor should put Xander in charge of the company's porn division, Titan Media

by Anonymousreply 207August 3, 2019 7:11 PM

R207 Xander can then recruit Will and pair him up with someone hunky in their debut video.

by Anonymousreply 208August 3, 2019 10:48 PM

R208 Xander can do casting call tryouts with all of his recruits first in order to test their onscreen readiness. And of course, these will be filmed.

by Anonymousreply 209August 4, 2019 2:09 AM

R209 You need to turn Xander gay first. Does Dr. Rolf have a serum for that?

by Anonymousreply 210August 4, 2019 3:11 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 211August 5, 2019 8:01 AM

hmmm interesting but too young though. Peter does need to return though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212August 5, 2019 12:34 PM

R212

I'd rather bring back the original Peter Blake & lose Missy.

by Anonymousreply 213August 5, 2019 4:49 PM

Xander in those sweat pants! Holy Moley.

by Anonymousreply 214August 5, 2019 8:42 PM

FINALLY FINALLY XANDER IS SHIRTLESS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... ABOUT DAMN TIME! i love how he is "presented" as a total piece of sex meat! laugh!...THANK GOD, they didn't make him shave his chest hair and abs hair!

i mean it took until august to show him off again? remember everyone back in the day when summer time on the soaps was ALL EYE CANDY SKIN SHOWN AND SEX SCENES! WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THAT??!!! did they forget what people watched the soaps for during the summer time especially!

on another note, speaking of skin, I THINK IT'S TIME for eric martsoff (brady) to "cover it up" granted he looks great for a actor at his age 48 since he's a actor, not a bodybuilder or physique model, but his body even with the spray tan, the oil and the lighting on set is looking to me "doughey".. he needs to decided if he wants to be "big' or "smaller and ripped with abs and not thick sagging pecs".....how long does he think he can be a 'sex symbol" character?...

rex vs eric? i'll take rex (kyle lowder) over eric (greg vaughan).. even though kyle has bad lower teeth, a bit too long and a bit too crooked nose and a comical tan, his blond hair and baby blue eyes give him the "edge" over vaughan who i think has lost his looks and his character is so morose and boring and depressing it's annoying...

spoiler alert: coming up, brady makes love to a disguised kristen as nicole... laugh, who knew nicole and kristen had the same exact body in every way including their "ahem" womanhoods!.. just like in the past the storyline of macho stud john seduced and sleeping with buck ugly loser susan in her kristen disguise! he too had no idea who and what he was sleeping with and kristen and susan also had the same body and womanhoods too! who knew?! laugh!...

by Anonymousreply 215August 5, 2019 9:11 PM

R215 get ready for the "sensitive" crowd to scream rape and Brady didn't consent and all of that hoohah.

by Anonymousreply 216August 5, 2019 9:33 PM

KL was really good in his scenes opposite Eric. yesterday. He was also hot as hell

by Anonymousreply 217August 6, 2019 2:24 PM

For those Gay Fraus who post their worship for the wretched Sarah Horton, here Tiff from Frau Central agrees with y'all:

[quote]tiff5555: We need Sarah! She is connected to the Hortons and she could be a great adviser to some of the citizens. Especially those who are not here

by Anonymousreply 218August 6, 2019 3:29 PM

^^

Why do you visit Soap Central & why do you bring their shit here.?

We DGAF and if we did we'd go there ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 219August 6, 2019 5:50 PM

I'm pointing out that the Gay Fraus HERE who stan for Sarah Horton are no different than the Frau Central Fraus.

by Anonymousreply 220August 6, 2019 6:50 PM

Days is likely to end next year. That’s what all the insiders are saying. The crew doesn’t believe it will go on beyond 2020 so they’re trying out the app thing and maybe doing a streaming show. That’s why there are made for app only storylines being filmed right now. It’s up to NBC but as it is the show is getting no ratings and Days filing suit against Sony was the final nail.

by Anonymousreply 221August 6, 2019 7:05 PM

Rex over Eric???

31 flavors for a reason I guess. More Eric for me...

by Anonymousreply 222August 6, 2019 7:39 PM

You've lost GOD CONTROL, R222.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223August 6, 2019 7:41 PM

Eric physically is more my type, but he is bore and a sad sack. All that crying and the mood swings. Ugh, he’s a like teenage girl!

by Anonymousreply 224August 6, 2019 9:09 PM

And his MOTHER telling him: "Go screw over your brother! Do it! DO IT!!!"

by Anonymousreply 225August 6, 2019 9:16 PM

[quote] The crew doesn’t believe it will go on beyond 2020 so they’re trying out the app thing and maybe doing a streaming show. That’s why there are made for app only storylines being filmed right now.

That's what I think as well.

And the streaming show could be successful, if it's rated on the order of TV-MA and shows a lot more skin.

by Anonymousreply 226August 6, 2019 9:18 PM

Ugh, no more Abby or Gabi skin!

Only Chad, Brady, Xander, Eric and a thinned-down Will should show more skin.

by Anonymousreply 227August 6, 2019 9:20 PM

Gabi us drop dead gorgeous & she is playing the avenging bitch to the hilt. I love her! Abby & Chad can stay in Paris.

by Anonymousreply 228August 6, 2019 9:36 PM

R224 and R225 I so agree.

By the way, did anyone catch Eric on Queen Sugar?

by Anonymousreply 229August 7, 2019 1:03 AM

There's still an open invitation if Father Eric would like to hook up with me at the Salem Inn.

I've remained buddies with the guy at the front desk, and he'll give us a cheap rate for a nooner.

by Anonymousreply 230August 7, 2019 1:13 AM

R229

I did. GV looks so hot on Queen Sugar but not so much on Days. He looks rough on Days.

by Anonymousreply 231August 7, 2019 1:53 AM

It looks as if he'll be a regular on that show, since he's just come back into Nova's life.

by Anonymousreply 232August 7, 2019 2:36 AM

Anyone else notice that last week during the weddings of Tony & Nicole/Kristen and Stephan & Gabi, the officiant mentioned that they were in the state of Illinois.

To my knowledge, that's the first time they've ever definitively announced where Salem is located.

by Anonymousreply 233August 7, 2019 7:10 AM

Wasn’t Salem in a confederate state? Wasn’t there a time that was referenced?

by Anonymousreply 234August 7, 2019 7:25 AM

[quote]Anyone else notice that last week during the weddings of Tony & Nicole/Kristen and Stephan & Gabi, the officiant mentioned that they were in the state of Illinois.

He announced the state at Tony and Nicole's wedding -- not Steph and Gabi's wedding. Remember, Kristen went to Chicago to wed Tony. Steph and Gab stayed in Salem. Both weddings were played together, but he only said Chicago to Tony and Nic's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 235August 7, 2019 7:35 AM

If Salem were in Illinois. that would have made WIll and Sonny's 2014 marriage invalid. They married in Salem in April 2014, but Illinois' law making same sex marriage legal didn't take effect until June 2014.

by Anonymousreply 236August 7, 2019 8:13 PM

the REAL salem, illinois is a tiny tiny out in the country town.. hardly the town that would have any international business, conglomerates, powerful rich millionaires , crime families, pro sports teams and on and on like days of our lives has!

ON ANOTHER NOTE, did any days fans see tony shooting ted yesterday! LAUGH! yeah, ancient tony with one foot in the grave and who has to use a can to get around can tussle with and take the gun out of ted's hands and be the one shooting ted! laugh!.. RIDICULOUS IT WAS COMICAL!..

and maybe it's just me but could a romance actually be brewing between hotter then hell in every way xander and lonely old enough to his mother maggie? we need a good may/december relationship! imagine! maggie going from ancient cranky frail victor to xander!!!!!!!!! lol!

by Anonymousreply 237August 7, 2019 8:34 PM

Hilarious how Salem's zip code puts it in Connecticut. And they once used the Missouri state flag in a court room scene.

They really need to keep the fantasy "Salem, USA" alive with the notion that it's nowhere and anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 238August 7, 2019 8:48 PM

I know Brady isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, but couldn’t he tell he was kissing and caressing a rubber mask?

by Anonymousreply 239August 7, 2019 10:57 PM

Austin Peck just landed a recurring role on one of those Chicago Med or Chicago Fire shows.

That's pretty amazing because those shows are very successful.

by Anonymousreply 240August 7, 2019 11:03 PM

[quote]I know Brady isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, but couldn’t he tell he was kissing and caressing a rubber mask?

Mein rrrrubber masks feel just like a second skin. You can't tell the differrrrence~!

by Anonymousreply 241August 8, 2019 12:55 AM

SPOILER: WilSon investigate Xander!

I hope Xander gets to kidnap trouble-making Will... gag and tie him up at some point.

by Anonymousreply 242August 8, 2019 5:13 AM

xander and will! subtle and NOT SO subtle homoerotic scenes! PLEASE!!!

by Anonymousreply 243August 8, 2019 12:32 PM

August 9, 2019 7:00AM PT

Daytime Emmys Merges Younger Actor and Actress Categories Into One, Regardless of Gender

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244August 9, 2019 2:18 PM

R244

That is a really good decision.

The Daytime Emmys are a mess. Yesterday Variety had a huge article about the mishandling & underhandedness of the most recent Emmys.

How the fuck can an organisation be such a fucking disaster? They listed a slew of issues.

I imagine that's how Maura West wound up losing to that plastic surgery addict on B&B.

by Anonymousreply 245August 9, 2019 3:14 PM

[quote] that plastic surgery addict on B&B.

Can you be more specific? There are quite a few to choose from.

by Anonymousreply 246August 9, 2019 4:29 PM

Why just younger actor? Fuck this gender neutral shit

by Anonymousreply 247August 9, 2019 6:30 PM

Daytime Emmys ... Primetime Emmys

Most people stream what they want to watch on their own schedule now.

Just combine everything and make it the Anytime Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 248August 9, 2019 9:02 PM

The younger categories have been a mess for a while now. It's really less about going gender neutral and more about not giving an undeserved Emmy to someone who wouldn't have been nominated 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 249August 9, 2019 10:05 PM

R226

The chick who plays Steffy. Good God! I can't even look at her when she cries.

by Anonymousreply 250August 9, 2019 10:05 PM

GV used to be hotter than hell but he just looks ragged now. I love a furry chest (hello Xander) but once your chest hair turns gray it's time to shave it.

Eric lying in bed yesterday with Sarah I was grossed out by his gray chest hair.

by Anonymousreply 251August 9, 2019 10:24 PM

They need to make the Younger category for performers under 18.

by Anonymousreply 252August 9, 2019 11:47 PM

They should include cute babies with no lines and pets as well. Then they might have some real competition.

by Anonymousreply 253August 10, 2019 12:09 AM

Days of Our Lives 8/12/2019 Weekly Preview Promo

Anna!! YAY!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254August 10, 2019 2:31 AM

They can’t get rid of Stacy Haiduk faster. Good Christ.

by Anonymousreply 255August 10, 2019 3:22 AM

R250, when Steffy cried today, her face never moved. Not once.

by Anonymousreply 256August 10, 2019 6:54 AM

Yeah, I liked Stacy Haiduk when she first came on DAYS. Now I can’t stand the sight of her. Kill it with fire.

by Anonymousreply 257August 10, 2019 6:56 AM

Someone upthread said they saw Godfrey in a movie & she was covered in tattoos. They wondered if Days was covering them.

That would be a No.

There's fan even this weekend in Houston. There's IG stories of the actors who play Sarah, Xander, Lani, Eli in swimsuits at the hotel pool. She doesn't have tatoos.

by Anonymousreply 258August 10, 2019 12:19 PM

GV greg vaughan certainly has lost his looks.. character portrayal or not....

EM eric martsoff needs to start covering it up to.. his body no matter the body makeup the tanning the lighting on the set looks "dough-ey" now.. sagging boobs and spreading abs.... course for nearly 50 and only a actor, not a bodybuilder or physique model he has a decent enough body, but no longer "so hot, such a stud" piece is he..

by Anonymousreply 259August 10, 2019 12:49 PM

[quote]She doesn't have tatoos.

Was she wearing a one-piece swimsuit?

Because she has a long script passage on her left side like Angelina Jolie.

by Anonymousreply 260August 10, 2019 12:57 PM

Two piece

by Anonymousreply 261August 10, 2019 3:24 PM

Wouldn't surprise me r221 there was already a rumor that this lawsuit against Sony would do some significant damage to the show.

by Anonymousreply 262August 10, 2019 6:41 PM

There was a DAYS event in Houston yesterday. Looking at the photos the place was packed with huge lines. Reading recaps some people flew in for it. Some drove 6-8 hours

One thing I give DAYS credit for is they don't charge for these events. YR/BB/GH charge hundreds of dollars.

by Anonymousreply 263August 11, 2019 2:00 PM

It didn't look that jam packed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264August 11, 2019 9:08 PM

You need to look at recaps on Twitter. It was jammed packed.. It was supposed to be 4 hours but the crowd was so huge the cast stayed an extra hour. They had to turn away people.

by Anonymousreply 265August 11, 2019 11:47 PM

All those mobility scooters, wheelchairs, and walkers take up a lot of room! And then there were the caretakers who don't really watch the show, but had to accompany their clients. .. They didn't mind meeting Xander and Eli, though.

by Anonymousreply 266August 12, 2019 12:15 AM

There was some company that was doing many of these fan events with Days actors but eventually they had get actors from the other soaps to appear because for sometime they allegedly weren't selling enough tickets with Days actors alone.

by Anonymousreply 267August 12, 2019 12:35 AM

I don't believe that for a second R267. You can say a lot of things about Days, but one thing you can't say is that Days needs to supplement it's fan events with actors from other shows. I don't know about this particular event, but Days fan events are traditionally very well attended almost to overflow. This is why James Scott, even though he wants nothing to do with the show, still does these events. The ratings may be down, but Days fan really turn out for these live meet and greets.

by Anonymousreply 268August 12, 2019 12:41 AM

So there, R267 !

by Anonymousreply 269August 12, 2019 12:54 AM

R268 This supposedly was some private company doing this fan event.

by Anonymousreply 270August 12, 2019 1:11 AM

R270 Are you talking about those two eldergays who run Starstruck Fan Events?

by Anonymousreply 271August 12, 2019 1:30 AM

R266

Fuck off. I didn't see any scooters or wheelchairs.

by Anonymousreply 272August 12, 2019 10:17 AM

was paul telfer (xander) changing clothes constantly, each outfit being more sexual and homoerotic then the other? laugh!..

speaking of telfer does anyone else remember him and watching him when he did that NBC "hercules" tv movie! WOW and DOUBLE WOW!

by Anonymousreply 273August 12, 2019 1:25 PM

R273

I never saw him in that but someone on Twitter constantly puts up memes & Gifs from it

by Anonymousreply 274August 12, 2019 2:33 PM

#274.. clips of telfer as hercules (as well as images of course on bing.com and google) are on youtube.. love his longish shiny hair in that movie.. so so sexy...and of course the face and the body...

to think he used to be a teacher! imagine those lucky students getting to see THAT every day up close every day! come on!..

by Anonymousreply 275August 12, 2019 2:43 PM

A teacher? I had no idea. What did he teach?

by Anonymousreply 276August 12, 2019 3:46 PM

R276 Sex ed! LOL Probably English...

by Anonymousreply 277August 12, 2019 6:03 PM

From a recent fan event

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278August 13, 2019 5:54 AM

Will was practically salivating over Xander today.

by Anonymousreply 279August 13, 2019 8:51 PM

R278 FCF has gained all the weight back and more since the Tumor Will storyline. He is the youngest but he looks worse than all the other middle-aged men!

by Anonymousreply 280August 13, 2019 10:46 PM

Freddie has let it be known once again that the show is taping nearly 8 moths out.

by Anonymousreply 281August 14, 2019 12:49 AM

R279 It must be Xander's shirtless body and of course that accent. Xander wasn't gay enough to sleep with Leo, but I think he could make an exception with Will.

by Anonymousreply 282August 14, 2019 2:20 AM

#279 and #282.. did you both notice that moment when will reached out and touched xander's pecs to stop him when he was about to leave the room.... i wonder if that was scripted or not and if it was indeed meant to be "touch feely" on the character's will's part?..

how i want to see homoerotic galore in situations with xander and will!.... constant teasing and innuendo and showing it off on xander's part and constant will salivating and practically trembling in lust for xander, heck add in sonny to this mix too...SERIOUSLY though, you know those two would have to go gaga over xander...

by Anonymousreply 283August 14, 2019 2:29 AM

R283 Yes, I noticed and Will quickly retracted his hand! There was already a bit chemistry in the first scene they had together a few weeks ago, but this scene kind of upped the ante. Just wish Sonny would get out of the way and Xander can start calling Will "William". This all went over the WilSon fraus' heads since they were all like, yay, husbands working together to take down the "bad guy". lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284August 14, 2019 3:51 AM

Just wish Sonny would get out of the way and Xander can start calling Will, "Bitch Boy."

by Anonymousreply 285August 14, 2019 6:07 AM

R285 Bitch boy... That's what "William" means in EJ speak.

by Anonymousreply 286August 14, 2019 6:54 AM

"will, did you bring your willie" i mean your hubby" in his sly smirking sexy scottish accent! oh yeah!...

and we all thought will and ej's interaction was dominant/submissive homoerotic! i hope xander and will's future soon interactions make the will/ej scenes look "G" rated....

by Anonymousreply 287August 14, 2019 4:43 PM

R287 Anything to distract from how unsexy and boring WilSon is (even though FCF is looking thin in the recent scenes).

by Anonymousreply 288August 14, 2019 6:43 PM

#288 they "WILSON" really are BORING.. their acting is boring, their characters are boring (and annoying).. i mean are they funny? nope! are they great bodies and sexy? nope! are they bad boys or have a bad or complicated past? nope! i mean they are void of anything interesting... their "g'rated sex scenes, a brain surgery, missing and amnesia, coming back from the dead, their short time 3 way love triangle and more STILL do not make them interesting, captivating or worth watching or rooting for....

by Anonymousreply 289August 14, 2019 9:31 PM

Will and Sonny should have left town after the Leo storyline was aborted. They really don't serve a purpose and that money could have been used for other characters. Not that I want to see Chandler out of work, but Will and Sonny being the sainted gays is no fun.

by Anonymousreply 290August 15, 2019 12:48 AM

R290 I agree.

Plus, I wish they will revisit who are the parents of David.

by Anonymousreply 291August 15, 2019 6:42 AM

They will since Jordan returns next month.

by Anonymousreply 292August 15, 2019 11:21 AM

Tripp will be gone soon. Ogle while you still can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293August 15, 2019 5:10 PM

Corbin Fisher Tripp can come play NuNoah Newman on Y&R.

(And Noah rediscovered his gay side while in London.)

by Anonymousreply 294August 15, 2019 6:41 PM

why would anyone "ogle" a pale, slim plain looking faced guy like tripp and the actor who plays him?...

by Anonymousreply 295August 15, 2019 8:59 PM

R295 Because that's exactly the type some people like! Duh!

by Anonymousreply 296August 16, 2019 12:37 AM

It’s a welcome diversion from Tripp’s costars’ toupees, Botox, and fillers.

by Anonymousreply 297August 16, 2019 3:44 AM

SPOILER August 29: Tripp bids farewell to Salem.

by Anonymousreply 298August 16, 2019 5:56 AM

We know...r298

by Anonymousreply 299August 16, 2019 6:02 AM

R299 The date wasn't known until now...

by Anonymousreply 300August 16, 2019 7:05 AM

oh, i know #296, 'different strokes for different folks" i personally don't get it! what is the attraction to the actor who plays tripp? truly stunning handsome? nope? great body? nope? sexy manner/mannerisms/attitude? nope?.. oh well, i'll just take xander/ paul telfer thank you who does indeed have all the physical and mental aspects..

by Anonymousreply 301August 16, 2019 7:00 PM

This thread is moving way too slow.

by Anonymousreply 302August 16, 2019 7:26 PM

What's there to talk about r202? The Sony lawsuit which probably will cause damage to the show, EP Albert's Cin/Ben fangirling, the fact the latest ratings showed 4 out of 5 days of under 2 million viewers, secrets about the show. What's currently going on with WilSon was somewhat ineveatable basically because of the original WilSon fans and trolls and Ron's writing in general. Hope, Anna, Roman and Marlena botoxed faces or Xander's chest. There already is an ongoing Chandler thread in which to fangirl out over him just like those fangirls did from the now possibly banned Scottish actor and his American twink threads.

by Anonymousreply 303August 17, 2019 12:02 AM

Meant r302 and not R202

by Anonymousreply 304August 17, 2019 12:03 AM

[quote] ... Xander's chest.

Presently, that's about the only thing of interest. Any spoiler alerts out there about when we should see it next?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305August 17, 2019 1:11 AM

#305.. i always go to www.soaps.com and click on days of our lives heading and then the recaps heading... that show in images and in words that day's episode usually before it airs.. where i live (central time zone) days airs at 2 p.m. the recap for that day's episode is usually 1 hour before it airs, also on youtube each day's episode is recorded and put on youtube BEFORE it airs "live" for me at 2 p.m. so i always know ahead of time when xander is going to appear as well as if he's going to be shirtless! and i can always have my dvd recorder on the ready!..

and of course there is also the "spoiler" heading, but alot of times it will only have 1 storyline among many on a episode so i would not trust that!..

by Anonymousreply 306August 17, 2019 1:17 AM

I think the number of posts are down because this thread is apparently a subscriber only thread.

by Anonymousreply 307August 17, 2019 1:19 AM

Days of Our Lives 8 19 2019 Weekly Preview Promo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308August 17, 2019 1:45 AM

r308

who else is leaving that hasn't? Tripp wouldn't be at that party I'm assuming so he's not shot

by Anonymousreply 309August 17, 2019 1:59 AM

According to one of those crazy Cin fans Gabi and Eli will get back together and there's a rumor that JJ may possibly be leaving.

by Anonymousreply 310August 17, 2019 2:12 AM

Yes, I like Gabi and Eli. If that is true, it will seem more than likely David's mom is Lani.

by Anonymousreply 311August 17, 2019 5:49 AM

The rumor I heard is they're doing Gabi/Brady once Stefan & Kristin leave.

by Anonymousreply 312August 17, 2019 12:46 PM

Stefan isn't leaving. That was incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 313August 17, 2019 1:39 PM

per Twitter rumor *Soap Opera News) the next to go are JJ and Hayley.

I'm A-OK with that.

by Anonymousreply 314August 19, 2019 5:31 AM

John Anniston looked really old and feeble today. It made me sad.

by Anonymousreply 315August 20, 2019 12:09 AM

Strasser's first appearance will be 9/3

by Anonymousreply 316August 20, 2019 4:13 PM

I wish the writer would stop having Kristen whack people on the head with huge items but they have no head trauma while Andre was killed by getting hit with a martini shaker

by Anonymousreply 317August 20, 2019 6:23 PM

...a martini shaker held by a young waif.

by Anonymousreply 318August 20, 2019 8:11 PM

Somebody on Twitter saw a list of the current cast list from August. It was on a monitor that they blew up to read. She tweeted the actors' initials but I'm drawing a blank on some.

SR, KA, LK, JT, JR, GG, EM, MR, DH, CM, MBE, DH, CB, FS, GV, LA, CM, SS, VK, RSW, LG, TM, MA, AZ, PT, SH, BF, SN, JA, SSH, BH, WK, KM, TP, BK

Who are JT, JR, TM, BH and BK?

by Anonymousreply 319August 21, 2019 4:07 PM

BH - must be Bill Hayes (Doug), since he’s listed right after his wife Susan Seaforth-Hayes (SSH).

by Anonymousreply 320August 21, 2019 4:41 PM

JT - Josh Taylor (Roman)

by Anonymousreply 321August 21, 2019 4:43 PM

JR - James Reynolds (Abe)

by Anonymousreply 322August 21, 2019 4:44 PM

Tm is Haley.

If this is believed, no Kassie DePaiva or Brandon barash. Lucas Adams is still there.

Bk would be a newbie I think.

by Anonymousreply 323August 21, 2019 6:27 PM

Also no Chrishelle Hartley or thao Short stays if true...

by Anonymousreply 324August 21, 2019 6:34 PM

R324

TP is listed.

by Anonymousreply 325August 21, 2019 7:37 PM

R323

I think LA is Lamon Archey not Adams

by Anonymousreply 326August 21, 2019 7:38 PM

So who's TM?

by Anonymousreply 327August 21, 2019 7:39 PM

Tm is Haley

by Anonymousreply 328August 21, 2019 8:53 PM

NO BB????????????

No reason to watch.

by Anonymousreply 329August 21, 2019 10:34 PM

I read elsewhere that “BK” isn’t really legible. Could it be BB? Or do they all eeem to be listed by chronology of their most recent return/first appearance?

by Anonymousreply 330August 21, 2019 10:54 PM

BK would be who?

by Anonymousreply 331August 21, 2019 11:00 PM

Jason47 has the BLURRY AS FUCK photo which is ridiculous to base anything on.

There is no "BK".

ROW 1:

Suzanne Rogers (Maggie)

Kristian Alfonso (Hope)

Lauren Koslow (Kate)

Josh Taylor (Roman)

Jim Reynolds (Abe)

Galen Gering (Rafe)

Eric Martsolf (Brady)

Missy Reeves (Jennifer)

Deidre Hall (Marlena)

ROW 2:

Drake Hogestyn (John)

Casey Moss (JJ)

Mary Beth Evans (Kayla)

Camila Banus (Gabi)

Freddie Smith (Sonny)

Greg Vaughan (Eric)

Lamon Archey (Eli)

Chandler Massey (Will)

Sal Stowers (Lani)

ROW 3:

Victoria Konefal (Ciara)

Rob Wilson (Ben)

Linsey Godfrey (Sarah)

Thia Megia (Haley)

Matt Ashford (Jack)

Ari Zucker (Nicole)

Paul Telfer (Xander)

Stacy Haiduk (Kristen)

Billy Flynn (Chad)

ROW 4:

Stephen Nichols (Steve)

John Aniston (Victor)

Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie)

Bill Hayes (Doug)

Wally Kurth (Justin)

Kate Mansi (Abigail)

Thaao Penghlis (Tony)

Recurring male actor (too blurry to confirm)

NO Judi Evans on Recurring! ManZi is ONLY Recurring, Hail Baphomet!

by Anonymousreply 332August 21, 2019 11:13 PM

ManZi can't be tied down with a contract, R332. She's already got scheduling issues trying to coordinate projects with two Oscar-winning directors who both want to start shooting their film by the end of the year.

by Anonymousreply 333August 22, 2019 7:23 AM

I can't believe they sprung for extra for the big party!

by Anonymousreply 334August 22, 2019 8:40 PM

extras I meant but no mention of Paul, Belle, Carrie, or Sami

by Anonymousreply 335August 22, 2019 8:53 PM

Today's show was straight up awesome. I'm just so glad they were able to do a big party reveal with a lot of cast members. Very old school. Can't wait for tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 336August 23, 2019 12:47 AM

FUCK the first 6-7 minutes was from yesterday... that’s lazy

by Anonymousreply 337August 23, 2019 9:03 PM

Now that’s how you do soap opera. I thought Friday was going to end with us seeing the real Nicole alive, being held captive somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 338August 23, 2019 10:15 PM

Days of Our Lives 8/26/2019 Weekly Preview Promo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339August 24, 2019 3:05 AM

Rumor

Jacob Young coming as Phillip

by Anonymousreply 340August 24, 2019 12:54 PM

r340

I would be ok with that but who would he be paired with? Chloe is leaving... Gabby, Lani?

by Anonymousreply 341August 24, 2019 1:09 PM

So jy would be onscreen next may? Ugh

by Anonymousreply 342August 24, 2019 1:33 PM

Impressive what nbc has pulled off to promote robin strasser arriving...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343August 25, 2019 11:57 PM

Update on the Corday-Sony lawsuit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344August 28, 2019 1:54 AM

r344

what does it mean for the show though?

by Anonymousreply 345August 28, 2019 4:55 AM

R345 It means television viewers in Zambia won't be getting DOOL this year, and maybe never!!!

by Anonymousreply 346August 28, 2019 7:26 AM

DAYS 1,928,000 (-17,000/-115,000) <——— new low *

by Anonymousreply 347August 29, 2019 10:56 PM

^^^ NuLow

by Anonymousreply 348August 29, 2019 10:57 PM

Meredith Scott Lynn, who played Jenn's nemisis Anne Milbauer, is a resident of West Hollywood and spoke during a recent hearing at a West Hollywood City Council meeting.

During her public comment, Lynn casually mentioned being a lesbian. Also said she was a co-producer on Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss.

Did not know she was a lesbian. Or that she was involved with Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss.

Now, I wonder how Jenn-Fil-A liked working with her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349August 30, 2019 1:04 AM

r349

that explains why she's not on any more... She should have been Ron's Dr. O

by Anonymousreply 350August 30, 2019 1:06 AM

From what I know, she's been out, but not especially vocal about it, for years.

by Anonymousreply 351August 30, 2019 1:35 AM

Anne Milbauer would be great at being Days' version of Dr. Obrect!!

Maybe Ron or Ryan is reading this and will get the idea to get Anne back on screen.

And if it makes Jenn-Fil-A squirm to work with a lesbian, its all the better.

by Anonymousreply 352August 30, 2019 6:13 AM

When it was confirmed that Ron was coming to DAYS I thought Anne would be right up Ron's alley.

by Anonymousreply 353August 30, 2019 12:45 PM

^^^ Does Anne have the hairy legs?

by Anonymousreply 354August 30, 2019 7:07 PM

R343 Except "Hurricane Dorian" is a boy hurricane.

by Anonymousreply 355August 30, 2019 8:49 PM

Jack and NuKristin has scenes together today, back when Jen and Kristin were good friends, did they ever interact(even though they were the fake Jacks)?

by Anonymousreply 356August 30, 2019 9:02 PM

Extended Fall Promo

by Anonymousreply 357August 30, 2019 9:59 PM

Extended Promo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358August 30, 2019 10:04 PM

Princess Gina?

What has never been done on daytime before?

Who will give Julie a heart? Stefan?

Evil Jordan and Claire return.

by Anonymousreply 359August 30, 2019 10:09 PM

Kristen free.

Lani aiming her gun on a hooded Vivian.

Rafe and Jordan kissing.

FCF looking like he has Dean McDermott eyes and cheeks now.

Lucas crying.

Showing Brady and John during the hype about the TWIST makes me think Isabella could be resurrected BUT wouldn't she be in the Kiriakis Mausoleum?

OR Julie dies and Rolf resurrects her!

UGH to the Jack/Jenn-Fil-A shit.

Maybe Arianna is being resurrected and she can be reunited with Brady!

by Anonymousreply 360August 30, 2019 10:16 PM

[quote] What has never been done on daytime before?

With his new and improved body, Will Whoreton decides to see if he can make some money on RentMen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361August 30, 2019 10:47 PM

Looks like Ron is pulling out all the stops trying to keep the show alive.

Speaking of which, whose hand was that clawing its way out of the dirt? What character does the show need to resurrect?

by Anonymousreply 362August 31, 2019 1:07 AM

Who do we know that would be #1 dead and #2 who wears extremely long and pointed nails.

by Anonymousreply 363August 31, 2019 1:41 AM

Time jump coming?

by Anonymousreply 364August 31, 2019 4:06 AM

Dark Shadows did time jumps.

by Anonymousreply 365August 31, 2019 6:17 AM

My guess is Kate. Vivian’s back and out for revenge. She and possibly Stefan bury her alive (old school Vivian trick). Kate manages to claw her way out barely alive. She makes her way to the hospital and collapses. There’s also a clip of her unconscious in the hospital and Lucas crying.

by Anonymousreply 366August 31, 2019 10:55 AM

Rumor on Twitter is the never before twist is a flash forward of some sort.

Time jumping the entire show.

by Anonymousreply 367August 31, 2019 3:05 PM

Shadows didn't do time jumps, they did time travel.

It sounds like we are going to turn on the show one day and there is going to be an announcement on screen that says, "two years later" or "ten years later" which I'm totally down for if that is where they are going.

by Anonymousreply 368August 31, 2019 3:17 PM

That's the rumor???

Ugh.

But I guess that is how we will see Kristen with all of her legal issues over.

Maybe a few oldsters dead who wanted to retire.

Will and NuPaul together happily, no mention of FCF.

by Anonymousreply 369August 31, 2019 5:16 PM

Time jumps into the future are frequently done for television series finales as a way to wrap things up.

DOOLOL!

by Anonymousreply 370August 31, 2019 8:03 PM

Hopefully they bring Brandon Barash back. Give me Stabi over Cin any day.

by Anonymousreply 371August 31, 2019 9:17 PM

They time jump 1 year.

by Anonymousreply 372September 2, 2019 12:52 PM

Why just a year? That's so dumb.

Some of that looks promising. Everything but Jen/Jack and FUCKING Nicole.

by Anonymousreply 373September 2, 2019 1:09 PM

A year jump could be interesting if they actually did what a soap would do in a year's time involving characters coming and going.

Rafe and Carrie could be married.

Doug could be in the grave, with Julie going to visit him from time to time.

Paul could have returned and stolen Will back, causing FCF to move back to Paris to run the European branch of Titan there.

A new HOT guy moved to town during the missing year, and he has affected many lives.

Victor dead, Maggie back to the back burner as a grieving spouse.

Sarah Horton murder mystery playing out.

Eric, Nicole and Holly moved to Dallas, where he became a Lutheran preacher.

by Anonymousreply 374September 2, 2019 1:20 PM

when is the time jump going to occur?

by Anonymousreply 375September 2, 2019 2:05 PM

Where is Johnny DiMera?

I thought our Insider said that Johnny was returning to Salem and would be a bad boy.

by Anonymousreply 376September 2, 2019 2:10 PM

R375

Sometime in November

R373

The folks who know are being cryptic. They say the shocking part is not the time jump. It's everything that falls out afterward.

by Anonymousreply 377September 2, 2019 2:10 PM

r376

if they are doing a time jump, it would make sense that Johnny shows up then

by Anonymousreply 378September 2, 2019 2:24 PM

A poster named RoidRage asked this on FrauCentral:

[quote]I know she was only on for a short time but does anyone miss her and her portrayer, Melissa Archer? I really liked her and she could be an interesting match for Brady or maybe Xander.

Does our Melissa Archer Troll post at FrauCentral? (I just lurk).

by Anonymousreply 379September 2, 2019 5:26 PM

[quote]Doug could be in the grave, with Julie going to visit him from time to time.

Until Zombie Doug starts terrorizing the citizens of Salem

[quote]Paul could have returned and stolen Will back, causing FCF to move back to Paris to run the European branch of Titan there.

At which time, Paris coincidentally suffers from a pastry shortage.

[quote]Victor dead, Maggie back to the back burner as a grieving spouse.

But not grieving enough to take Xander as her boytoy.

[quote]Sarah Horton murder mystery playing out.

Love how so many fans detest this character!

[quote]Eric, Nicole and Holly moved to Dallas, where he became a Lutheran preacher.

But not stopping Eric from hitting the local gay bars, clubs, adult book stores and theaters.

by Anonymousreply 380September 2, 2019 6:10 PM

We have plenty of those in Dallas! I'll be on the lookout for him!

The scenes with Kayla and that wretched Sarah Horton were interminable today. On and on and on... Does SH have to be propped up by every "good" citizen in Salem? Marlena, Kayla...

Dorian's magenta wig today...

Yes, let's just call her Dorian since that's who she is.

by Anonymousreply 381September 2, 2019 8:15 PM

and Dorian's lipstick

by Anonymousreply 382September 2, 2019 8:19 PM

It's like a bad Frau-version of a Nineties Faith Hill haircut. And magenta.

by Anonymousreply 383September 2, 2019 8:47 PM

Did our insider also say there was a guy hired who fit the looks for a Philip recast???

by Anonymousreply 384September 3, 2019 12:20 AM

Yesterday's episode made me cry.----Mary!

by Anonymousreply 385September 5, 2019 11:05 AM

A question...I get that they're trying to make Ben and Eyebrows the next super couple so they're trying to overlook that Ben killed 15 people AND that he works for the Baby's mama of one of those people that he murdered BUT...

Has Ben apologized to Will? Have they talked about what happened AT ALL? I remember Sonny and Eve telling Ben off, but they couldn't possibly have brought his character back to show and not even had him and WIll in the same room.

by Anonymousreply 386September 5, 2019 12:39 PM

'back to the show'

by Anonymousreply 387September 5, 2019 12:40 PM

R386, Ben has apologized and apologized and been set up and framed and people still bring it up that he was a serial killer. Vivian yesterday. Julie the other day. No one has overlooked Ben's criminal past.

Regarding an apology to Will, there really hasn't been one. But in all honesty, what is he supposed to say? I get what you're saying, there should at least be a scene. According to soap twitter, scenes have been written but don't get produced because of producer interference.

In fact, they are saying that the gay storylines got meddled with because of producer interference and it's probably why it's been all over the place and Will and Sonny have been reduced to playing the Greek Chorus.

by Anonymousreply 388September 5, 2019 1:06 PM

I wonder how SSH responded when she read the scripts for the past couple of days episodes in which she was constantly referred to as an “old hag”.

by Anonymousreply 389September 5, 2019 4:40 PM

Fuck Ben. He should be apologizing over and over. It’s just absurd that his character hasn’t attempted to apologize or at least run into Will since coming back. Stupid show.

by Anonymousreply 390September 5, 2019 7:20 PM

[quote] Fuck Ben.

Don't mind if I do.

And maybe that's what Ben should offer Will as an apology. An all-night flip-fuck.

by Anonymousreply 391September 5, 2019 10:16 PM

fuck I know the budget is tight but couldn't they have taken Ben to somewhere else beside the LIVING ROOM of a house where many people live?

by Anonymousreply 392September 7, 2019 3:13 PM

It's because of that stupid shooting schedule. Days tapes 8 episodes a week. In order to do that, they put up as few sets as possible to keep things moving (like the blue room). If only that show got new producers who could overhaul the way Days does things.

by Anonymousreply 393September 7, 2019 3:31 PM

promo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394September 7, 2019 4:12 PM

A shooting and burying the body in a public park in broad daylight is worse than roughing up a guy in a private living room.

by Anonymousreply 395September 7, 2019 7:35 PM

Did Days allocate Seaforth's scenery-chewing allowance to Strasser?

by Anonymousreply 396September 7, 2019 9:54 PM

Did Strasser get paid in Eva Gabor wigs? She’s been on one week and has sported at least three.

by Anonymousreply 397September 7, 2019 10:16 PM

Hating Dorian Lord as Vivian.

by Anonymousreply 398September 9, 2019 12:07 AM

^^^ Not to be confused with Real Dorian Lord, the great Nancy Pinkerton.

by Anonymousreply 399September 9, 2019 12:45 AM

With the new paywall system, these boards are very slow. Anyone know of more active boards? I’d happily pay a subscription fee if it meant more lively conversation.

by Anonymousreply 400September 9, 2019 3:09 AM

R400, I do pay, I’ve paid for more years than I care to admit, and this the slowest I’ve seen any of the threads, especially on weekends.

by Anonymousreply 401September 9, 2019 3:13 AM

Right? So not worth reading. Looking for a new site... this non conversation is flat and boring. T

by Anonymousreply 402September 9, 2019 3:35 AM

Ok, well you made your decision. Soap Central is waiting for you miss M-F, 9-5, Phlebotomist Joanne r402.

by Anonymousreply 403September 9, 2019 6:08 AM

Not a woman. That’s the point. Looking for actual, insightful conversation and not long lulls. Any ones I haven’t heard of?

by Anonymousreply 404September 9, 2019 6:32 AM

We know. You want to hear others echoing your own hated of Ben Weston and his murderous past and why isn't he being flayed in Horton Town Square.

We get it.

Frau Central is made for you. Tiff and ChabbyLover are waiting for you. Begone.

by Anonymousreply 405September 9, 2019 11:19 AM

If lively conversation is what you want, then forget websites. .. Go the coffee klatch route and invite some of the ladies in the neighborhood around while the show is actually being broadcast and watch it together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406September 9, 2019 11:58 AM

I do love people giving Brady shit for not knowing Kristen was in a mask

by Anonymousreply 407September 10, 2019 8:01 PM

GV has a recurring role on Queen Sugar.

How the fuck can he look so hot on Queen Sugar & like a smelly panhandler on Days?

by Anonymousreply 408September 12, 2019 3:30 PM

it warmed my heart to see Dorian and Blair together today

by Anonymousreply 409September 13, 2019 9:56 PM

if Vivian says her name is Kate Winograd then we know Ron C is a DLer

by Anonymousreply 410September 13, 2019 10:18 PM

Anyone notice the Dr. D. Cramer on Doria--I mean--Vivian's badge? BTW, Massey is looking real NOICE. I never thought I'd say that.

by Anonymousreply 411September 14, 2019 10:03 AM

Those scenes yesterday between Kristin & Brady were off the chain. The actors really have crazy chemistry & the dialogue was really good. The scenes really exemplified how they are a drug for the other.

by Anonymousreply 412September 14, 2019 11:33 AM

The love scene between Eric & Nicole was cringe worthy. Ari used to be so pretty but she now looks like a linebacker. There is nothing feminine about her body.

GV is so hot on Queen Sugar and he was doughy with a belly roll today. Absolutely no definition.

Every soap gives the actors/actresses a head's up of several weeks to get in shape. Ari & Greg kept shoveling it in.

by Anonymousreply 413September 17, 2019 1:39 AM

Who cares what Trump's object of lust looks like?

Greg Vaughan was perfection yesterday! His body is delicious, with the silver chest hair and dark treasure trail.

It was also nice to see his smile since Eric is so boring and morbid.

I only watch for the hot men, and GV made the episode yesterday!

by Anonymousreply 414September 17, 2019 11:18 AM

not sure what thread to use for DOOL but I don't hate NuKristen(I really like her Susan), I can only imagine the scenes between Anna and Kristen if Eileen were still Kristen

Also when Kristen and Tony were an item in the 90s, how did they explain Tony not being with Anna?

by Anonymousreply 415September 18, 2019 8:59 PM

Has RSW always been so assless?

That perfect body and zero ass?????

SH was great again as Kristen today. I enjoyed Tony and Anna as well.

by Anonymousreply 416September 19, 2019 12:22 AM

The most perfect body on Days belongs to PL. Great ass, burly chest & big arms.

by Anonymousreply 417September 19, 2019 12:30 AM

PL? PT, you mean?

Shawn Christian had the perfect body and ass and face. I actually finally miss Daniel Jonas the Black Hole now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418September 19, 2019 12:35 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419September 19, 2019 12:35 AM

I have to clue if these are true but here goes........

On November 1st the show jumps 1 year forward.

NotSteve is paired with Kate Kayla is with Justin Sonny has a new boyfriend Will & Ben are both in prison Lani is off her rocker

by Anonymousreply 420September 19, 2019 4:57 PM

Chandler Massey @ChandlerMassey

Okay who registered a star in the Draco constellation in my name??

12:34 PM · Sep 19, 2019·

------

Greg Rikaart @gregrikaart

🙋🏻‍♂️

1:35 PM · Sep 19, 2019

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421September 19, 2019 7:58 PM

r420

who's notSteve?

by Anonymousreply 422September 19, 2019 10:09 PM

Well, it’s something to watch.

by Anonymousreply 423September 20, 2019 12:50 AM

Days of Our Lives 9/23/2019 Weekly Preview Promo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424September 21, 2019 12:55 AM

Some spoiler for next week

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425September 21, 2019 1:01 AM

People in the know have spilled or at the very least heavily hinted that the character of Evan is going to be Marlena/John's son that she miscarried.

He arrives Jan 2020 and is being played by Brock Kelly. The actor previously played a boyfriend of Abby's but this time will be playing Evan.

by Anonymousreply 426September 21, 2019 2:53 AM

r426

good god I hope not. A miscarried child suddenly coming back to life is tacky and insulting to people who have had to live through that situation. The much more plausible explanation for a Jarlena child is Marlena was pregnant when she disappeared in the 80s. That would be fine especially to see smug Belle's face that SHE isn't the only child from John and Marlena

by Anonymousreply 427September 21, 2019 12:54 PM

How hairy are Brock Kelly's legs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428September 21, 2019 11:27 PM

Will they let him keep his treasure trail?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429September 21, 2019 11:28 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430September 25, 2019 5:18 AM

Rumors say that after the one year jump, Marlena and John's miscarried son Evan will be Sonny's new boyfriend while Will and Ben are in prison. Apparently, it will look like Will killed Vivian and Ben killed Jordan.

Steve might have Stefano's brain...

Adrienne will be dead but Bonnie will return...

Hope is Princess Gina permanently...

Lani is crazy...

by Anonymousreply 431September 26, 2019 12:36 AM

Oh! And Brandon Barash has been seen with shorter hair and facial hair on the set, and he is presumably a new character after Lani kills Stefan, whose heart goes to Julie.

by Anonymousreply 432September 26, 2019 12:38 AM

Also... John will be un-Jigsawed and turned into a DiMera again.

by Anonymousreply 433September 26, 2019 12:40 AM

as much as I loath the idea of a miscarried child returning, the idea that John Black would have TWO gay sons is hilarious

by Anonymousreply 434September 26, 2019 9:45 AM

that should be possibly THREE(did we ever find out for sure that Leo isn't his son?)

by Anonymousreply 435September 26, 2019 9:46 AM

[quote]Adrienne will be dead but Bonnie will return.

Boooooooooooooooo!..........and Kayla dating Justin?? It's almost like "Shayla".....which was 1000 kinds of wrong & universally hated by both the Shane/Kim & Steve/Kayla fans.

by Anonymousreply 436September 26, 2019 10:45 AM

Steveno with Kate will be cool!

I loved Justin with Hope, so him with Kayla will be fun to watch if true.

To make things better, NuPaul should find evidence to free Will, and the two end up together as it should have been. That's not one of the rumors, though.

Princess Gina with that accent? Anything's better than Rape.

by Anonymousreply 437September 26, 2019 11:19 AM

Even though they are doing this time jump I've heard they have episodes interspersed that shows us how the characters got to where they are.

by Anonymousreply 438September 26, 2019 8:28 PM

[quote] To make things better, NuPaul should find evidence to free Will, and the two end up together as it should have been.

If Ben and Will are in prison together, maybe Ben will re-explore his bi-side, and and the two will end up together as it should have been.

by Anonymousreply 439September 26, 2019 9:00 PM

R435 Yeah, they already floated the idea that John could have another gay son during the Leo Stark arc, but Diana admitted that she'd altered the DNA test results and that Richard Cooper actually was Matthew-Leo's daddy.

But when it comes to the possibility of John having THREE, there's always Queen Brady.

by Anonymousreply 440September 26, 2019 10:00 PM

Belle: "My Three Gay Brothers"

by Anonymousreply 441September 26, 2019 10:04 PM

When did Marlena ever miscarry John's child? I've watched this show since I was a fetus, and I don't remember this.

by Anonymousreply 442September 26, 2019 10:20 PM

I've never heard of it either.

Marlena DID miscarry Roman's child in 2005 when she was well into her 50s.

But the rumor says Evan is John's son.

by Anonymousreply 443September 26, 2019 10:53 PM

Marlena could have miscarried John's baby off-camera in the 2009-11 timeframe when she was in her 30s.

by Anonymousreply 444September 26, 2019 11:07 PM

Well, I'm happy for Wally Kurth & Judi Evans...... that they're still employed/survive the time-jump, and have storyline. But man! I HATE the idea of Adrienne being killed off!!! :-( Not because I'm a Justin/Adrienne fan....but because of her place in the Johnson family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445September 27, 2019 3:04 AM

I've seen no mention of Jack & Jennifer after the time jump, which makes me wonder what their deal is. Although it's been 1.5 years in the making, Jack getting his memory back/their reunion suddenly feels a little rushed....knowing that the time jump is coming. Are they going to be on the outs again, a year later?

by Anonymousreply 446September 27, 2019 3:54 AM

Chanandler Bong, who? This guy is wasted on this show. He should try out for one of the Blacks on Bold and the Beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447September 27, 2019 9:48 AM

Why? So he can be wasted over there too? B&B doesn't write for "the Blacks".

by Anonymousreply 448September 27, 2019 9:17 PM

anyone getting mommie dearest vibes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449September 28, 2019 2:29 AM

Shirtless FCF. What do you think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450October 3, 2019 3:38 AM

We'll need to see how furry his butt is first.

Is he trying to work this into becoming a spokesperson for Weight Watchers?

by Anonymousreply 451October 3, 2019 4:03 AM

LOL@ the way Vivan pronounced "Gabby Herrrrnandez." I spit out my water. Very Dorian, Carloooota.

by Anonymousreply 452October 3, 2019 12:36 PM

DAYS really made a mistake killing off Stefan.. BB and the pairing with CB took a problematic character & turned it around.

They were hot & deliciously fun. They were primed to be the root for couple who caused trouble.

If it was about budget get rid of dull JJ & Hayley.

by Anonymousreply 453October 4, 2019 3:27 PM

Exactly. ^

by Anonymousreply 454October 4, 2019 4:08 PM

Has anyone else noticed how much weight JJ has put on?

by Anonymousreply 455October 4, 2019 4:47 PM

He's gained weight & is rapidly losing his hair

by Anonymousreply 456October 4, 2019 5:42 PM

MARY! The Doug and Julie scenes today had me crying like a baby. I have to give mad props to Ron, his team , Bill & Susan.

Beautifully written & acted with amazing flashbacks.

by Anonymousreply 457October 5, 2019 12:09 AM

Days of Our Lives 10/7/2019 Weekly Preview Promo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458October 5, 2019 1:20 AM

This week's DAYS has been must see TV. I loved it all.

by Anonymousreply 459October 11, 2019 11:00 PM

r459

was there an ep today?

by Anonymousreply 460October 11, 2019 11:24 PM

R460

Yes, dear. Monday thru Friday

by Anonymousreply 461October 12, 2019 11:20 AM

r461

thanks... my dvr didn't record it for some reason and went I looked on NBC.com, there wasn't one for 10/11 yet... it's there now

by Anonymousreply 462October 12, 2019 12:28 PM

Something about Camila’s acting irks me and I can’t quite figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 463October 12, 2019 5:35 PM

I couldn't believe the people on Twitter yesterday losing their minds because Lani got down on her knees. Do they not realize this is a soap opera. Yesterday's episode is how classic rivalries start. Susan Martin shooting David Martin and Julie losing her fucking mind. Katherine having Jill's marriage invalidated and her son declared a bastard. Dorian "killing" Viki's father. Brooke fucking Ridge and then all the other Forrester men. Rachel getting pregnant with Steve's son. The list goes on and on.

I think they were framing it as problematic racially, maybe in real life, but it's a soap. They need to calm the fuck down. Yesterday was the most interesting that Lani has been since she arrived. Lani fucked JJ, then Eli, then killed her husband. I hope Gabi burns that bitch to the ground.

by Anonymousreply 464October 12, 2019 6:01 PM

Gabi is the best character on Days. Period. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 465October 13, 2019 8:10 AM

p.s. I saw that as an "old school" fan.

by Anonymousreply 466October 13, 2019 8:17 AM

( or "say"....whatever)

by Anonymousreply 467October 13, 2019 8:18 AM

[quote]Something about Camila’s acting irks me and I can’t quite figure it out.

Hmm...I think it may be because she CAN'T. Ethereal beauty but could not act her way out of a hula hoop.

by Anonymousreply 468October 13, 2019 10:04 AM

per TVSource

Days is going dark from November to Mar/April . They are currently taping June and writing for July.

They are currently renewed thru summer 2020.

Going dark will allow them to be able to wrap up if the show goes off in the Fall of 2020.

We should hear about a pick up around March. If they're picked up then the show will resume rapid taping with the long lead time.

by Anonymousreply 469October 13, 2019 8:03 PM

Can the contract actors and union crews covered by labor contracts file for California unemployment benefits during that long, extended dark period? Certainly, economically-challenfed DOOL can be paying everyone for doing nothing during that long period of time.

by Anonymousreply 470October 13, 2019 9:02 PM

Is FCF challenfed?

by Anonymousreply 471October 13, 2019 9:07 PM

He's definitely fed.

Well-fed.

by Anonymousreply 472October 13, 2019 9:48 PM

Soap Central Two Scoops column, summing up last week. Appears many fans are siding with Gabi against the Hortons, especially the way they've individually and collectively treated her in past and now when they wanted her to donate Stefan's heart to Julie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473October 14, 2019 2:18 AM

I'm also getting tired of everyone calling Julie a racist. Has she used problematic language in the past when referring to Gabi? Yes. Julie is an old woman who needs sensitivity training. She hates Gabi, because Gabi shot Nick and she gaslighted Abigail, not because Gabi is Latinx.

by Anonymousreply 474October 14, 2019 2:27 AM

What's "Latinx"?

by Anonymousreply 475October 14, 2019 2:28 AM

[quote]It's because of that stupid shooting schedule. Days tapes 8 episodes a week. In order to do that, they put up as few sets as possible to keep things moving (like the blue room). If only that show got new producers who could overhaul the way Days does things.

They could move production to Peapack, New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 476October 14, 2019 2:37 AM

When they become a 35-episode per year webseries. Kenny will move production to a warehouse in The Valley where that slut Brooke Logan is from. Suddenly, Salem will look like Van Nuys.

by Anonymousreply 477October 14, 2019 3:22 AM

No they don't Ellen at R476. Days keeps up the Horton Square, the Hospital Set, Salem Hotel Room the multipurpose blue room, and the K and D mansion sets. Everybody lives in the Salem Inn or the K or D mansions. They've added the Hernandez House, but that's a fluke.

This is how I've heard it explained. Don't know if it's true, but it would explain a lot. Apparently, Days shoots by set, but by episode, not by multiple episodes the way GH does. The way they do it at GH is they put up a set and shoot all of the scenes that involve that set for the next 4 or 6 weeks of episodes. The way Days does it is that all the scenes that occur in one episode on the K mansion set are shot for that episode, then they move on to the next set and shoot all those scenes... and on and on.

GH is still shooting 7 or 8 episodes a week, like Days, but because of the way they shoot it looks like they have more and better sets. Days has a shit ton of sets, but they're all in storage. I wish they would bring the dock back, but I think that was made into the town square set.

by Anonymousreply 478October 14, 2019 3:41 AM

[quote] I wish they would bring the dock back, but I think that was made into the town square set.

R428 As I recall, the town square set was a brand new "state of the art" set when it was purchased and installed (ca. 2011). It was even profiled in SOD, as to how the whole thing "worked." It sounded like this humongous new toy. As I recall, words like revolving, collapsible, flexible, mechanical, or descriptors of that sort were were used. I believe producer Meng said things like this kind set were used in large theatrical settings. I also remember that it cost a pretty penny and in order to buy it, Sony had to "loan" Days money from the following year's budget. It was supposed to save money in the long run. Some of what he said about the storefronts you see has never really come to pass.

by Anonymousreply 479October 14, 2019 8:17 AM

"Going on dark"? what does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 480October 14, 2019 9:12 AM

Sorry, "Going dark"

by Anonymousreply 481October 14, 2019 9:15 AM

From Rob’s Instagram

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482October 15, 2019 12:53 AM

Is Chandy training to be a makeup girl after Days oes off the air?

by Anonymousreply 483October 15, 2019 1:56 AM

r480/481 In the theatre, if a show is not performed on a certain night, it is referred to as being "dark" that night. Ex: "Wicked plays Tuesday through Sunday, but is dark on Mondays."

If what r469 says about Days going dark from November to March/April is correct, that means they will not be taping any new shows for those four months. The studio will be "dark" during that time.

by Anonymousreply 484October 15, 2019 10:03 AM

Ron C really gave Bill and Susan Hayes a valentine with this heart failure storyline. They've both been excellent. Imagine a 76 year old woman and a 94 year old man having a front burner storyline in 2019!

Bill Hayes hasn't had this much dialogue in years. And he hasn't worked this many days in years either. For a 94 year old, he's certainly holding his own!

by Anonymousreply 485October 19, 2019 12:12 AM

R485

He's doing more than holding his own. Bill has brought me to tears more than once in this story. Chandler, on the other hand, is probably 65 years younger & he sleepwalks thru every scene.

I love Ron for highlighting Bill & Susan like this.

by Anonymousreply 486October 19, 2019 9:50 AM

Chandler and Freddie have been reduced to the Aunt Liz role on the show. Either that EP who was tired of Days being "too gay" was meddling at the time this stuff was written or Ron was just resting the characters after two big stories in a row. I like Chander, but Days is nothing more than an ATM for him at this point. He's always auditioning or on speaking engagements.

by Anonymousreply 487October 19, 2019 4:14 PM

promo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488October 20, 2019 1:45 PM

John Clarke who played Mickey Horton has passed away. He was 88.

by Anonymousreply 489October 22, 2019 3:48 PM

tony doesn't even go to his brother's funeral? not even a mention?

by Anonymousreply 490October 25, 2019 9:24 AM

I noticed that too r490. Very strange Tony wasn't there.

But then Adrianne and Justin didn't show up at Will's funeral in 2015 despite the fact their son was married to Will.

by Anonymousreply 491October 25, 2019 10:17 AM

promo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492October 26, 2019 12:49 PM

did they mention Lani's brothers Theo and Brandon?

by Anonymousreply 493November 4, 2019 9:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!