Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

China’s pollution is so bad it’s DIMMING the sun

We’re doomed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2019 11:06 PM

Does this mean they're actually preventing global warming?

by Anonymousreply 1July 12, 2019 2:57 PM

the thing is, with their authoritarian rule, cleanup will be easy when they decide to do it. Obey the new rules or else!

by Anonymousreply 2July 12, 2019 3:02 PM

They 'get' it, OP. And, unlike other countries, they're doing something about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 12, 2019 3:15 PM

I was in Chile a couple of weeks ago, and they've got solar farms so large that they fill entire valleys and look like lakes from a distance. Lakes that curve at the edges of the valley. That, and huge wind farms.

As for China... this is the government that insists that Climate Change is a first-world problem, and they're not making any changes themselves.

by Anonymousreply 4July 12, 2019 9:48 PM

I'd rather visit Mexico City or Teheran before visiting China.

Pollution, overcrowding by millions of people (many of whom are cold/rude/disgusting (i.e. spit any and everywhere), manufactured tourism attractions, and a government watches/controls every aspect of its citizens' lives.

by Anonymousreply 5July 12, 2019 9:59 PM

The Earth has bigger problems =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 12, 2019 10:06 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 7July 14, 2019 3:45 PM

R6 Indeed, conspiracy theorists running amok are an environmental disaster in an on itself

by Anonymousreply 8July 14, 2019 3:48 PM

The Yellowstone supervolcano will outdo China in the long run...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 16, 2019 5:35 PM

GPS satellites have been down 4 days in a row =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 16, 2019 5:38 PM

But dammit, they cut regulations and red tape!

by Anonymousreply 11July 16, 2019 7:42 PM

I don't see any difference.

by Anonymousreply 12July 16, 2019 10:01 PM

[quote]in an on itself

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 13July 16, 2019 10:11 PM

[quote]China’s pollution is so bad it’s DIMMING the sun

Please, that’s nothing. Come by my house after Taco Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 14July 16, 2019 10:13 PM

The best thing we ever did was give them the manufacturing. They’ll kill themselves with it. There is no other society with such a disregard for life whether it be human or animal. They are savages. Shitting in the streets harassing you on the street to buy their garbage. Anybody who really wants to go there needs their head examined.

by Anonymousreply 15July 16, 2019 10:31 PM

We have more important things to worry about than China.

For example, the US government's experiments & incompetence =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 17, 2019 9:02 PM

More problems for Earth =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2019 4:22 AM

R6, I have read that the poles have flipped before. I think that will cause a lot of problems. I read that sharks have an extra sense, of magnetism. Birds might as well. They’d use it to migrate.

The China pollution problem is happening now. I think it will affect us long before anything else written here. Remember they shutdown their factories during their olympics because people just couldn’t breath. Who knows when/if it will affect the US.

Also, India has or will have the same problem.

by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2019 11:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!