Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New NBC/WSJ poll: Biden, Warren top 2020 Democratic field

July 11, 2019

NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll

Biden 26%

Warren 19%

Harris 13%

Sanders 13%

Buttigieg 7%

O’Rourke 2%

Yang 2%

[July 7-July 9, MOE: +/- 4.9%]

WASHINGTON — Former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., lead the Democratic presidential field, according to the national NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll’s opening measure of the 2020 horse race.

Biden gets the support of 26 percent of voters who say they will participate in next year’s Democratic primaries or caucuses, while 19 percent back Warren.

They’re followed by Sens. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., and Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., who are tied at 13 percent.

South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg gets support from 7 percent of Democratic primary voters, and former Texas Congressman Beto O’Rourke and entrepreneur Andrew Yang are at 2 percent.

No other candidate gets more than 1 percent.

Biden performs best among African Americans, older Democrats and those who are moderate or conservative in their political views, while Warren runs strongest with self-described liberals and those ages 18 to 49.

Sanders also performs best among the youngest Democratic primary voters.

This NBC/WSJ poll was conducted July 7-9, after the first Democratic debates and the subsequent candidate skirmishes over the issues of race and health care.

New candidate Tom Steyer didn’t enter the race until July 9, and the survey didn’t test support for the billionaire activist.

[More details at link]:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 11, 2019 10:02 PM

So how are they doing in the Iowa Caucus?

by Anonymousreply 1July 11, 2019 9:37 PM

Warren is the best candidate

by Anonymousreply 2July 11, 2019 9:41 PM

Glad to see this. I’ve started to come around on Warren, even though I’m not convinced she could pull the swing states. I wish Pete could do something to get his numbers higher.

by Anonymousreply 3July 11, 2019 9:49 PM

Glad to see Harris dropped a bit. I really like her but she's pandering and we need to be talking about issues that matter to everyone. Climate change, job security, income inequality and healthcare!

by Anonymousreply 4July 11, 2019 9:49 PM

I like Warren too.

by Anonymousreply 5July 11, 2019 9:50 PM

Good. Warren has cut her huge deficit against Biden down to 7 pts.

Overcoming 7% should doable by February.

by Anonymousreply 6July 11, 2019 9:59 PM

I'm at a point where I only pay attention to state polls in the first three primary states. The rest is meaningless. Jeb fucking Bush led the national field at this time in 2015.

by Anonymousreply 7July 11, 2019 10:01 PM

I am totally fine with the current top 5 candidates and wish the others would drop out now.

by Anonymousreply 8July 11, 2019 10:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!