Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is anyone else SICK of summer?!

People always talk about how wonderful summer is, but what the hell is so great about non-stop oppressive heat and humidity? I am also sick of the sun not going down until 9pm and it getting bright again at 4am. It is so annoying (and yes, I have blackout curtains) and it makes it hard to sleep.

It's funny - when I was a kid and in my early 20's, I loved summer. Now in my late 30's, I despise it.

by Anonymousreply 146July 21, 2019 1:19 PM

[QUOTE] and it getting bright again at 4am

Where do you live, Norway?

by Anonymousreply 1July 10, 2019 6:10 PM

South Louisiana here. I was sick of summer around May 3rd.

Too hot to exercise outdoors, too hot to grill outdoors, too hot to walk anywhere, too hot to breathe.

And already we're picking up sandbags for expected high water.

Fuck summer. Fuck xir right in xir ass.

by Anonymousreply 2July 10, 2019 6:12 PM

No way, I feel like summer just got started and want it to slow down!

by Anonymousreply 3July 10, 2019 6:17 PM

I’m with you, OP. And August is by far the worst month of the year. I dread it every year.

by Anonymousreply 4July 10, 2019 6:18 PM

I hate summer.

by Anonymousreply 5July 10, 2019 6:20 PM

I’m still enjoying it. I’ll be done next week.

I LOVE autumn.

by Anonymousreply 6July 10, 2019 6:22 PM

I only start to like it if I get out in the sun a lot, but I have to make myself do it. If I'm indoors and I have to have AC on because if I don't I'll melt, that's awful. And since I am now 40 and indoors most of the time because I am so very old and tired and grouchy, yes, I am rather sick of summer.

by Anonymousreply 7July 10, 2019 6:25 PM

I looooove summer. I wish it would last longer.

by Anonymousreply 8July 10, 2019 6:56 PM

So far, it's one of the mildest summers in LA thus far.

by Anonymousreply 9July 10, 2019 7:04 PM

Growing up summers were nice and temperatures were usually just in the 80s, now it’s too damn hot to go outside any extended period most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 10July 10, 2019 7:12 PM

Hate summer, love fall. Hate hate hate the heat.

by Anonymousreply 11July 10, 2019 7:15 PM

[quote]Where do you live, Norway?

Illinois. Around this time of year, it doesn't get completely dark until 9pm, then at 3am the birds start chirping and at 4am the sky begins turning blue. I'm sick of it.

In fact, whereas people who have SAD usually have it in the winter, I am the opposite and have it during the summer. The non-stop heat, humidity, and sun is oppressive and puts me in a bad mood.

by Anonymousreply 12July 10, 2019 7:35 PM

Sick of it because I can't get someone to agree to installing at least one of two air conditioners that I have in storage because god forbid we have to pay to operate them.

by Anonymousreply 13July 10, 2019 7:38 PM

Am with you, OP. What's worse is that due to climate change or whatever, we don't have four seasons anymore where I live. Pretty much just summer and winter. Awful, since Fall is my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 14July 10, 2019 7:39 PM

I live in Dallas and it's literal hell to go outside, but I think I'm the only person I know that openly hates summer lol.

I prefer a happy medium in between this 9pm sunset, and the sun setting at 4pm in the winter though because all that causes is depression.

by Anonymousreply 15July 10, 2019 7:43 PM

I adore summer and I adore heat.

by Anonymousreply 16July 10, 2019 8:50 PM

What I hate most is how all the creepy crawlies come out. Insects, flies and spiders damn everywhere!! I spend half my time running around the house trying to kill them. And when I go outside for some fresh air damn bugs trying to fly into my mouth! Outside/inside you can't go anywhere without these bastards coming after you.

by Anonymousreply 17July 10, 2019 9:09 PM

OP- I agree with everything you said. I can't stand HOT/HUMID weather and the fact that the days are so long but I remember you started the EXACT SAME topic thread a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 18July 10, 2019 9:13 PM

never liked it, never will

by Anonymousreply 19July 10, 2019 9:21 PM

spam posted by ip address 5.226.139.164 removed.

by Anonymousreply 20July 10, 2019 9:26 PM

I agree, OP. The older I get the more I hate summer. This summer isn't even that bad compared to last summer which was hell. I can't wait for fall. I much prefer fall and spring to summer. I still hate winter though. I hate shoveling snow.

by Anonymousreply 21July 10, 2019 9:27 PM

Shed about a hundred pounds and your life will be better, OP.

by Anonymousreply 22July 10, 2019 9:31 PM

R22 If I did that, I would only be 70 pounds, so I'm not so sure my life would even exist then.

by Anonymousreply 23July 10, 2019 9:42 PM

Summertime and the livin is easy.

I love summer. I always have. I also love the spring with the expectation of warmer days ahead. Fall is nice, but carries with it an air of the bittersweet because of the impending end of the year and the start of winter -- which I have never really cared for. The light and heat of summer are great compared to the dark, cold, dreary days of winter -- especially January and February when the distraction of the holidays is over.

by Anonymousreply 24July 10, 2019 9:43 PM

[QUOTE] What's worse is that due to climate change we don't have four seasons anymore where I live.

Climate change lol.

by Anonymousreply 25July 10, 2019 9:45 PM

I hate constant sun. I live in an area where it's sunny from May to November- except if there's a storm. I don't have a garage so when I get in my car it's 115 degrees.

My ideal is 65*, partly cloudy and breezy.

by Anonymousreply 26July 10, 2019 9:47 PM

R24 I LOVE the dark and cold of winter! Sitting by the fireplace is so cozy and romantic and you get to control how warm it gets (which is easier than trying to cool down in the summer). I also love how everything is so calm and peaceful because not many people are outside. And sleeping is easier because it's easier to sleep when it's cold than when it's hot. Oh, and I almost forgot being able to open the windows and having the nice, crisp air flowing in. Can't wait for fall!

by Anonymousreply 27July 10, 2019 9:47 PM

R26 Thank you! Constant sun is irritating! It makes me feel like I'm going crazy.

by Anonymousreply 28July 10, 2019 9:48 PM

There's nothing better than sitting by the pool or on the beach with a cocktail and a good book. I find it so comforting and rejuvenating. Plus BBQs, boating, roller coasters, festivals and half naked men running around...I really do favor summer. Fall is nice but it seems to be a dying season anymore. Winter sucks.

by Anonymousreply 29July 10, 2019 9:59 PM

I live in the Southern Hemisphere and there are lots of flus and allergies here this winter. It's also been cold and dark which is starting to make my joints creak. Looking forward to some warmth and sunshine come spring.

by Anonymousreply 30July 10, 2019 10:13 PM

I LOVE summer! I love having daylight till 9pm. And where I am (LA), it doesn’t get light till almost 6am. But don’t worry, OP, since June 21, the daylight has been getting shorter.

by Anonymousreply 31July 10, 2019 10:16 PM

[quote]If I did that, I would only be 70 pounds

Gay men can never be too thin, OP. Aim for 65 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 32July 10, 2019 10:19 PM

When can we start talking about PUMPKIN SPICE!??????

by Anonymousreply 33July 10, 2019 10:26 PM

But don't you love watching all the chunky-hocked FRAUS strutting around in their little short dresses and strappy sandals!?

by Anonymousreply 34July 10, 2019 10:28 PM

I can't get enough of summer. I love lying in bed at night and listening to the bullfrogs. My tiger lilies and daisys are in full bloom and stunning. Summer rain brings out all the great smells of the season.

by Anonymousreply 35July 10, 2019 10:32 PM

I’ve become one of these eccentric southern people who walk with an umbrella on a clear day to block the sun. It makes a big difference.

by Anonymousreply 36July 10, 2019 10:34 PM

Ok, Mary Poppins.

by Anonymousreply 37July 10, 2019 10:38 PM

R36, a pretty parasol is not an umbrella.

by Anonymousreply 38July 10, 2019 10:39 PM

I’m with you, OP. In addition to everything mentioned here, summer where I live means MORE TRAFFIC at all hours of the day. Vacationers, landscapers, road construction, parents shuttling kids around to summer activities, etc., clog the roads and make me not want to leave the house unless I absolutely have to. At this time of year, what should be a 10-minute drive somewhere sometimes takes 45 minutes.

And then, like clockwork, when temps dip below 50 degrees, the traffic starts to plummet.

by Anonymousreply 39July 10, 2019 10:41 PM

I love it. Because I am not a BITTER CUNTY PRISS POT like OP and some of y'all.

by Anonymousreply 40July 10, 2019 10:46 PM

[quote]It's funny - when I was a kid and in my early 20's, I loved summer.

Well, for me it's just the opposite. I LOVED wintery weather when I was in my early 20s. Now at mid-40s, I HATE it. Give me summery weather all year long. Yes, the humidity can be a bit much. But it sure beats the discomfort that comes with cold weather. I want to feel comfortable all day long while wearing just ONE layer of clothing. I hate having to bundle up in multiple layers of clothes just to feel warm.

by Anonymousreply 41July 10, 2019 10:53 PM

quote [Fall is nice but it seems to be a dying season now]

Fixed it for you, R29.

by Anonymousreply 42July 11, 2019 5:18 AM

^Meanwhile, I'll fix my quoting!

by Anonymousreply 43July 11, 2019 5:19 AM

FUCK NO

Winter only stopped about a month ago in my state.

by Anonymousreply 44July 11, 2019 5:26 AM

Evenings and nights during LA summers are wonderful. Mild and great for entertaining outside.

by Anonymousreply 45July 11, 2019 5:26 AM

What a bunch of whiny bitches. Come to Seattle, it's been beautiful for 2 months, just rained a little yesterday and today, but otherwise sunny and 75...

by Anonymousreply 46July 11, 2019 5:32 AM

in San Diego - it's been mid 70's and crisp ocean breezes in the afternoons. But it's pretty much that way all year round. It's my first year here - it's strange how similar the weather can be in July to January. Yes, there are some 'cooler' days in winter - 60's. But it's still nice not to have to worry about weather for once in my life.

by Anonymousreply 47July 11, 2019 5:41 AM

White trash love summer in Maryland. Out come the crabs, flip flops and obese women smoking on their balconies all hours. Its the season of rednecks wearing oversized pink t shirts whilst shouting on their phones.

by Anonymousreply 48July 11, 2019 5:42 AM

In Maryland people say "whilst?"

We sure do live in a big country.

by Anonymousreply 49July 11, 2019 5:46 AM

R44 Really? What state do you live in?

by Anonymousreply 50July 11, 2019 6:10 AM

R47, yeah, the weather's great, but San Diego is long overdue for a massive earthquake.

by Anonymousreply 51July 11, 2019 6:17 AM

I fucking hate Summer: the long days, the hot steering wheel, the sound of lawnmowers, fucking kids outside later, etc.

by Anonymousreply 52July 11, 2019 7:20 AM

Seattle and Portland are the ones who have to worry about a massive earthquake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 11, 2019 7:55 AM

fat people problems

by Anonymousreply 54July 11, 2019 7:57 AM

R47, I’m very envious.

I would love to live in San Diego!

by Anonymousreply 55July 11, 2019 11:53 AM

When I get up and see that the sun is out, I get depressed

I live in the South, where is fucking hot 9 months a year. The other 3 months are mild

by Anonymousreply 56July 11, 2019 12:01 PM

Only 53 days until Labor Day. I don’t like summer

by Anonymousreply 57July 11, 2019 12:10 PM

I don’t mind the heat if it’s dry. But when the humidity shoots up to 80% and it’s 88 degrees it’s fucking hell. Especially in NYC because all the concrete and tall buildings hold the heat and block any cooling breezes. I’m usually very chill but in that weather I get positively stabby. 75-80 degrees with 40% humidity and a northerly breeze is ideal. Grateful that I no longer have to ride the subway unless I want to. And I don’t want to.

by Anonymousreply 58July 11, 2019 12:11 PM

I’m in a major city. The heat makes people aggressive.

by Anonymousreply 59July 11, 2019 12:21 PM

Here in Pittsburgh, our summers are practically interchangeable with Louisiana now. Summers were always somewhat humid, but now we smother under a wet blanket for three months, with heavy cloud cover, daily torrential downpours, floods, and high temps. I think we get more sun in the winter at this point. Kill me.

by Anonymousreply 60July 11, 2019 12:23 PM

The summer season in the southern part of the United States is difficult. I understand people hating it. Just as I understand hating winter if you live up north. Seasons are seasons, but it’s your geography that matters!

by Anonymousreply 61July 11, 2019 12:35 PM

The summer season in the southern part of the United States is difficult. I understand people hating it. Just as I understand hating winter if you live up north. Seasons are seasons, but it’s your geography that matters!

by Anonymousreply 62July 11, 2019 12:35 PM

I apologize for the double post.

by Anonymousreply 63July 11, 2019 12:37 PM

Didn't mind it as a kid, hate it as an adult.

by Anonymousreply 64July 11, 2019 12:44 PM

As we age, we tend to tolerate things less than when we were younger. A lot of things.

by Anonymousreply 65July 11, 2019 12:52 PM

I don't mind winter, and the extreme heat is as bad as the extreme cold temperatures.

by Anonymousreply 66July 11, 2019 1:24 PM

Summer Pros: the commute to work is easily half as long as during fall, winter, spring.

Summer Cons: >$500 monthly power bills, breathtakingly hot car when I get in it, home invasion by bugs because it is scorching outside, basketball and football seasons are on hiatus, airfares are highest.

by Anonymousreply 67July 11, 2019 2:06 PM

Drove past a Spirit of Halloween store yesterday that will be opening soon. Summer is almost over.

by Anonymousreply 68July 11, 2019 2:16 PM

R56 nailed it, I say that all the time. Heat is fine, humidity is fucking not. I laugh when my friends in cooler areas tell me they are headed to the sauna. Hell just come sit on my porch for 5 minutes. Summer here will push thru October then 1 week of fall. I do love all the daylight.

by Anonymousreply 69July 11, 2019 2:17 PM

[quote] In fact, whereas people who have SAD usually have it in the winter, I am the opposite and have it during the summer. The non-stop heat, humidity, and sun is oppressive and puts me in a bad mood.

Twins, r12. Also find nonstop sun and heat oppressive, and actually depressing. Get SAD when summer/spring rolls around. In the Midwest, there's a chance of showers or thunderstorms. In CA, nothing but sun from April till November, 2019 notwithstanding.

by Anonymousreply 70July 11, 2019 3:01 PM

I'm loving this summer (including my massive sunburn, whoops) and wish there wasn't only 2-3 months of such good weather left where I am, before the chills start to arrive.

My depression, and I'm coming to really understand it as that, is winter focused. I experience at least 3-4 months of pure winter here and I think I need to be somewhere that it is 2-3 months tops.

by Anonymousreply 71July 11, 2019 3:15 PM

Go to your summer house, OP. A place by the lake is idyllic when the city gets unbearable hot and humid.

by Anonymousreply 72July 11, 2019 3:16 PM

I don't like the sun coming up so early. This summer is extra-hot. It does make you grouchy and depressed.

by Anonymousreply 73July 11, 2019 4:13 PM

I *hated* summers when I lived in the USA for all the same reasons. I migrated abroad to a green, high-altitude location where from May to November, it's monsoon season and stays cool. Hard thunderstorms nearly every day for three hours or so, starting at about 5:00 PM. When it's raining here in the city, it's snowing in the surrounding mountains.

by Anonymousreply 74July 11, 2019 4:39 PM

A few years ago, I did a 20K race in Connecticut. It was late June, and the temperature was already in the mid 80s by the start time (8:30 am). By the end of the race, it was in the 90s.

A guy from Ethiopia won. He was quoted in the local paper saying that, while he was used to heat, the humidity made the race almost unbearable.

So yeah, humidity is a problem. Even for an elite athlete with 2% body fat.

by Anonymousreply 75July 11, 2019 5:16 PM

I love summer in Massachusetts. The birds start chirping around 4:30 am and it's light out until around 8:30 pm. My gardens have never looked so beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 76July 11, 2019 5:28 PM

[quote] My gardens have never looked so beautiful.

Your gardenS?

GUUUURL!

>>>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 11, 2019 5:51 PM

[quote]Go to your summer house, OP. A place by the lake is idyllic when the city gets unbearable hot and humid.

Unfortunately, I'm not a millionaire like everyone else on DL, so I have no summer house by the lake sadly.

by Anonymousreply 78July 11, 2019 5:52 PM

[quote] Unfortunately, I'm not a millionaire like everyone else on DL, so I have no summer house by the lake sadly.

This was not a problem for me...

by Anonymousreply 79July 11, 2019 5:54 PM

Here in Northern California, summer usually lasts about six months. That's just too long.

by Anonymousreply 80July 11, 2019 5:56 PM

Summer just started three fucking weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 81July 11, 2019 6:00 PM

I live in Dallas, and I count the days until January and pray we might have winter weather.

by Anonymousreply 82July 11, 2019 6:02 PM

Yes! I’be been meaning to start this thread.

Too hot. Too bright. Too humid. Days way too long. Mosquitos. Ticks. It’s exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 83July 11, 2019 6:14 PM

Wait until the cicadas start their other-worldly droning. Fucking hell.

by Anonymousreply 84July 11, 2019 6:23 PM

IIRC, family annihilations peak in August.

by Anonymousreply 85July 11, 2019 6:26 PM

Summer Fridays, bitches! I love summer!

by Anonymousreply 86July 11, 2019 6:28 PM

San Diego isn't behind for an earthquake - in about 400 years it will be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 11, 2019 6:34 PM

R78, you type poor.

by Anonymousreply 88July 11, 2019 7:21 PM

My family in Ontario -- not rich by any stretch of the imagination -- has a lake cottage outside Sudbury.

Maybe it's an Ontario thing?

by Anonymousreply 89July 11, 2019 7:23 PM

I'm in LA. We have dry heat, we rarely have any humidity. However, the last couple of years we've had about five or six days where the temps went significantly above 100 degrees. That was awful. Still, I love California summer.

by Anonymousreply 90July 11, 2019 9:20 PM

I hate winter and snow. Love the sun and heat and a bit of rain.

by Anonymousreply 91July 11, 2019 9:26 PM

[quote]I live in Dallas, and I count the days until January and pray we might have winter weather.

How do people in Dallas cope during the summers? Do the people there actually enjoy near-100 degree weather and humidity or do they just stay inside? Also, what are air conditioning bills like during this time of year for you? I can't imagine.

by Anonymousreply 92July 11, 2019 10:49 PM

R80 I LOVE the Northern California summers. This one is pretty sweet. Just one 3 day heatwave so far.

by Anonymousreply 93July 11, 2019 10:54 PM

I wish that there were eight mini-seasons in a year. Two winters, two springs, two summers, two falls. I like all of them for different reasons but summer and winter in particular get tiresome quickly.

by Anonymousreply 94July 12, 2019 1:10 AM

I hate summer as well. I wish I lived in a place where it was fall all year. Does a place like that exist… thats actually affordable?

by Anonymousreply 95July 12, 2019 1:17 AM

[quote]Go to your summer house, OP. A place by the lake is idyllic when the city gets unbearable hot and humid.

I also do not have a summer house. Thankfully, my sister has a nice one on a gorgeous lake, which she encourages me to visit often.

by Anonymousreply 96July 12, 2019 1:28 AM

Where's Mr. Norway?

by Anonymousreply 97July 12, 2019 7:04 AM

What's summer? Anything to eat?

by Anonymousreply 98July 12, 2019 7:57 AM

I love summer, all the sexy guys in skimpy clothing. And here in Chicago we have the lake front which means half naked jogging guys and lots of boys in swimwear. Whats not to love?

by Anonymousreply 99July 12, 2019 8:20 AM

I've said this many times over the years on DL: The month of August should just wiped off the calendar. I fucking hate it so much. I remember as a kid, I actually couldn't wait for school to start because it meant August was over.

by Anonymousreply 100July 12, 2019 10:47 AM

I never understood why August is regarded as the hottest summer month. It seems things start to cool down quite a bit mid-August. July is always the hottest in Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 101July 12, 2019 2:56 PM

I always think of this book in August.

About some woman stuck in London for the summer - who then has an affair, I seem to remember.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 12, 2019 4:10 PM

It was 27C today here in Norway and I almost melted away lol

by Anonymousreply 103July 12, 2019 4:12 PM

"I never understood why August is regarded as the hottest summer month."

August and September are the hottest and ugliest months, here in California. It's when the temp stays over 100F for days or weeks, when all the wildflowers are gone and the landscape is fried brown and the state loses its looks, and when the wildfires start to get serious. I know the fires have made the news big-time the last few years because they're worse, but the fact is they've always been there during the late summer and fall. This is dry country.

by Anonymousreply 104July 12, 2019 7:22 PM

I saw something delightful today. A hot tight-bodied redneck dude in his pickup driving shirtless with his elbow on the door frame.

It was stunning.

by Anonymousreply 105July 12, 2019 8:19 PM

Not me. Our summer got a late start this year. It's hot and muggy right now, and while it's rather miserable, I'll take this over the hard winters any time.

by Anonymousreply 106July 12, 2019 8:59 PM

Buttholes always smell rancid in the hot, humid weather.

by Anonymousreply 107July 13, 2019 1:35 AM

Favorite things about summer: watermelon and the beach. Possibly in that order.

by Anonymousreply 108July 15, 2019 7:39 AM

Summer my least favorite season.. When out in the sun,keep on the sunscreen. Basal and Squamous cell skin cancer will show up before you know it.

by Anonymousreply 109July 15, 2019 8:08 AM

I left the USA years ago and permanently settled in a country where it rarely gets above 84 degrees F. It's nice.

by Anonymousreply 110July 19, 2019 4:14 AM

R110 What country?

by Anonymousreply 111July 19, 2019 4:48 AM

The sun is the worst, glaring and beating down so unrelentingly. I hate it. And I hate not being able to open my windows because the temperature at night only gets down to the mid-seventies.

by Anonymousreply 112July 19, 2019 4:49 AM

R112 I know! I can't fucking stand the non-stop sun! It's so damn irritating. I want a few days of clouds and rain!

by Anonymousreply 113July 19, 2019 4:54 AM

It's 2am where I am in the Midwest and it's still 81 degrees with 85% humidity! Fuck summer!! I want cold weather!!

by Anonymousreply 114July 20, 2019 6:57 AM

We've had a lovely couple of days of cool wet weather here in London. It's heaven. The garden's greening up.

But big heat next week and we're TERRIBLE at handling the heat.

by Anonymousreply 115July 20, 2019 7:20 AM

Hate summer? Are you all mad? Do you own an AC?

Yes, the heat and humidity is oppressive but everything is so bright and alive.

by Anonymousreply 116July 20, 2019 7:27 AM

What's happening in Norway? UPDATE, please.

by Anonymousreply 117July 20, 2019 8:51 AM

[R111] I moved to Ecuador. It's beautiful and cool year-round here.

by Anonymousreply 118July 20, 2019 9:52 AM

I like having defined seasons. I'm now in Edinburgh and love it here. Not too hot and not too cold. Temperatures stay around 20C this time of year. Though the days during summer are very long with the skies getting light around 4:00 a.m. and dusk at 10:00 p.m. I close the shutters at 8:00 and turn on a few lights and pretend that it's dark outside.

I've included a map showing the latitudes of Europe compared to North America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119July 20, 2019 10:34 AM

To see the breathtaking, awesome beauty of a forest of tall trees with limbs and branches entirely traced in white snow against a slate grey sky is to see into the soul of time, existence and matter.

I know Winter is dangerous. It's a pain in the ass. But, damn, just like a lover who you can't quit, it keeps me enthralled with its sheer, raw beauty.

I dislike Summer but every once in a while, I'll concede that Henry James had a point when he said "Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language."

by Anonymousreply 120July 20, 2019 11:28 AM

R119 Damn, all this time I've been living in Turkey! No wonder it's so awful.

by Anonymousreply 121July 20, 2019 2:03 PM

Summer in New England is disgusting. But so is winter so basically I’m either too hot or too cold. Give me dry heat and I’m happy.

by Anonymousreply 122July 20, 2019 2:15 PM

Don't say Celsius. Only say Fahrenheit bitches

by Anonymousreply 123July 20, 2019 9:20 PM

It’s hotter than a dick in wool underwear outside!

by Anonymousreply 124July 20, 2019 9:40 PM

Love spring and fall, hate winter and summer. Is there any place in the world where it is only spring and fall. Have for years and it just seems to be getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 125July 20, 2019 9:41 PM

It's pouring down right now. We need it though. It hasn't rained in weeks here and we have a forest fire warning.

by Anonymousreply 126July 20, 2019 9:47 PM

In London we don't really have a winter anymore. Summers can be hot and muggy.

We also used to have a thing called "The Perfect English Summer's Day" - but that was when it rained a lot all year round, so when the sun did come out it was so green and sparkly it made you giddy.

by Anonymousreply 127July 20, 2019 9:51 PM

R127 Same here in Norway. We get less and less snow. We hardly got any snow at all last winter. It mostly just rains now.

by Anonymousreply 128July 20, 2019 9:53 PM

98 fucking degrees at 6pm here in SW VA. Tonight it will only get down to the mid 70s and more 90+ degree and sunny weather tomorrow. It feels like hell.

by Anonymousreply 129July 20, 2019 10:00 PM

I get cold easy, whether it's from outdoor temps or from AC. So, in summer, probably around 74-76. In winter, I might boot it to 78, I live in upper midwest.

by Anonymousreply 130July 21, 2019 12:36 AM

oops, wrong thread. That's what happens when one has too many windows open.

by Anonymousreply 131July 21, 2019 12:38 AM

This thread reminds me of an episode from the old 'Twilight Zone", the "Midnight Sun".

by Anonymousreply 132July 21, 2019 12:59 AM

I look forward to the dog days of August every year.

by Anonymousreply 133July 21, 2019 1:09 AM

Fall is great for about two weeks, then the leaves are gone and the cold rain starts.

by Anonymousreply 134July 21, 2019 1:20 AM

Summer is for children and tourists. I hate children, I loathe tourists. So, fuck summer in the ass, no lube.

by Anonymousreply 135July 21, 2019 1:21 AM

I enjoy Fall and Spring -- the inbetween seasons. However it feels like climate change is affecting those. Last year I had the cold air on until well into October and didn't turn the heat on until December. It's sad.

by Anonymousreply 136July 21, 2019 1:34 AM

I retired to Florida, so no sympathy here.

You have to learn to do what the Latins do: go out in the morning and in the evening, and in the afternoon, siesta.

by Anonymousreply 137July 21, 2019 1:36 AM

Mummy's busee Barron. I am freeing ASAP and his largeness downstairs.

Be vest!

by Anonymousreply 138July 21, 2019 1:55 AM

I agree I hate summer.

by Anonymousreply 139July 21, 2019 2:05 AM

[quote]In London we don't really have a winter anymore. Summers can be hot and muggy.

Wow, that's hard to believe. I used to travel to London a lot in the mid 2000's, and I remember winter there being so cold that it took your breath away. I can't imagine it being warm in the winter there now.

And yet people still want to claim global warming doesn't exist...

by Anonymousreply 140July 21, 2019 4:46 AM

[quote]Wow, that's hard to believe. I used to travel to London a lot in the mid 2000's, and I remember winter there being so cold that it took your breath away.

No. The cold winters were long gone by then. Where do you come from to have such an observation?

When I was a kiddie in London (60s) I used to break icicles off from around my bedroom window (and suck them) - I haven't seen an icicle in London in decades.

And mostly I turn the heating on because it's dank, not because it cold. I used to wear layers in winter when I went out plus wooly hat and scarf. If I wore a wooly hat and scarf now, I'd just sweat.

& the snow, when it does very occasionally come and everyone freaks out, is just wet and icy, none of that walking on the moon feeling.

by Anonymousreply 141July 21, 2019 6:35 AM

An interesting factoid I heard on NPR:

In summer in the northern hemisphere the constellation Orion rises in the southeastern sky. Next to Orion is the the very bright star Sirius. Sirius was Orion's hunting dog.

That is why we refer to the "dog days of summer". "Sirius, also called Alpha Canis Majoris or the Dog Star, brightest star in the night sky..."

I just thought it was because it was hot out and my dog was lolling around panting with her tongue hanging out.

You have been informed.

by Anonymousreply 142July 21, 2019 8:26 AM

[quote]60s) I used to break icicles off from around my bedroom window (and suck them)

Practicing?

by Anonymousreply 143July 21, 2019 12:08 PM

We're with you OP!

by Anonymousreply 144July 21, 2019 12:40 PM

If you don't like it go back to winter

by Anonymousreply 145July 21, 2019 1:16 PM

Spring seems lost too... racing from the dull gray melt of late winter into too much heat too soon. I don't despise it, but I love me some autumn. Though that seems summery for most of it.

by Anonymousreply 146July 21, 2019 1:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!