Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I hope The Lion King bombs

Tired of Beyonce

by Anonymousreply 171July 23, 2019 11:58 AM

I'm tired of Disney. I'm tired of remakes. I'm tired of Beyonce. I'm tired.

by Anonymousreply 1July 10, 2019 5:51 AM

I'm tired of the live action remakes They all suck.

by Anonymousreply 2July 10, 2019 5:51 AM

Is this the one with the black mermaid?

by Anonymousreply 3July 10, 2019 5:52 AM

Disney needs to find some more interesting mythology or folk tales to retell.

by Anonymousreply 4July 10, 2019 5:53 AM

The only person I can tolerate in the cast is Alfre Woodard. Do we really need more Seth Rogen?

by Anonymousreply 5July 10, 2019 5:54 AM

Are there white people in this? I thought it took place in Africa.

by Anonymousreply 6July 10, 2019 5:55 AM

It's shocking how lazy Disney has become. They used to set the standard. Even in the late '70s and '80s they still made decent fare like The Rescuers.

These live-action remakes lack any creativity.

by Anonymousreply 7July 10, 2019 5:56 AM

Disney is a money machine. They don't care about creativity. It's all about algorithms and templates now.

by Anonymousreply 8July 10, 2019 5:59 AM

How can this be considered a live action version when it's all animated?

by Anonymousreply 9July 10, 2019 6:02 AM

There's no way it bombs.

by Anonymousreply 10July 10, 2019 6:07 AM

Tired too but I want to see Mulan.

by Anonymousreply 11July 10, 2019 6:18 AM

Stupid people who like to jerk off to Disney nostalgia will make this massive. Sad, but true. Don’t get me started on overhyped Be-YAWN-say.

by Anonymousreply 12July 10, 2019 6:21 AM

It's not just Disney, there's not an original movie produces by Hollywood since 10 years.

I miss the 80's.

by Anonymousreply 13July 10, 2019 6:24 AM

^^^^ Produced

by Anonymousreply 14July 10, 2019 6:26 AM

The divine and gorgeous Beyoncé, Billy Eichner, Rogan and Glover make this the biggest movie of the year. And the CGI is game changing. Simba and James Earl Jones. It's The Circle of Life.

by Anonymousreply 15July 10, 2019 7:13 AM

Her new song for this movie is complete shit and her voice does not fit Nala. Nala is a young lioness not some mature old mom.

by Anonymousreply 16July 10, 2019 7:33 AM

The new song is ostentatious, but I don't hate it. Some of the production is interesting, but it's also generic in many ways. I'm curious to hear what her curated soundtrack sounds like.

by Anonymousreply 17July 10, 2019 8:00 AM

You can’t say anything bad about this overrated hag on twitter without being called a pathetic racist. She can not do any voice acting she is fucking terrible!

by Anonymousreply 18July 10, 2019 10:55 AM

OP the movie is going to make a shit ton of money and we all know it. Might as well accept it.

Not from me though, I dont pay to see any Disney remakes.

by Anonymousreply 19July 10, 2019 11:01 AM

R19 this looks terrible though, realistic looking animals with human voices is an awful idea. Beyonce’s amateur voice acting sticks out like a sore thumb.

by Anonymousreply 20July 10, 2019 11:04 AM

Well, it won't. I've learned a lonnng time ago that Beyonce is BULLETPROOF.

by Anonymousreply 21July 10, 2019 11:33 AM

She’s boring

by Anonymousreply 22July 10, 2019 12:01 PM

So the producers wanted to Nala to sound like barely literate Southern trash?

by Anonymousreply 23July 10, 2019 12:22 PM

R23 yup a middle aged barely literate texas trash.

by Anonymousreply 24July 10, 2019 12:23 PM

Beyoncé is our queen. She rules us all - so that we all can be free. We love her.

by Anonymousreply 25July 10, 2019 5:55 PM

I want somebody to answer r9's question.... Why does the press keep calling this "live-action" when it's all CGI?

by Anonymousreply 26July 10, 2019 5:59 PM

R26, I have no idea, but I’d guess that it has to do with the Oscar classifications for films. The producers want a “real” Oscar, not “Best Animated Feature” because this ain’t no superhero comic.

It’s CULTURE.

by Anonymousreply 27July 10, 2019 6:04 PM

Most trained actors aren’t necessarily good voice actors. Sorry. It’s not as easy as it seems.

But Beyoncé needs this.

by Anonymousreply 28July 10, 2019 6:06 PM

Live action would have been more interesting. Watch the actors crawling around on all fours with lion head masks. They would look like they are at an anonymous sex party.

by Anonymousreply 29July 10, 2019 6:12 PM

At leasr the song is bombing. This ripoff needs to bom also.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 11, 2019 7:35 AM

Choreography by Sidi Larbi cherkaoui:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 18, 2019 8:09 AM

Beyonce Faces a Rare Failure as Her “Lion King” Song Is Shown No “Spirit” from Fans, Bombs on Charts But Lights Up YouTube

Beyonce debuted the video for “Spirit” last night on ABC. The video already has 2 million views on YouTube. So does the original video. That’s a total of 4 million. But the single itself has moved up to number 35. It’s interesting that it took the video to ignite fan response. The song on its own was DOA. I am assured however that there are “many singles” on the new “Lion King: The Gift” album coming on Friday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 18, 2019 8:15 AM

Because, r26, the studio PR told them to call it "live-action" rather than CGI. And entertainment journos are afraid of losing access, so they do what the big studios tell them to, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 33July 18, 2019 8:19 AM

Beyonce has the best pr and marketing machine money can buy. I've been underwhelmed by her from the start.

by Anonymousreply 34July 18, 2019 8:53 AM

R34, is she with Sunshine Sachs?

by Anonymousreply 35July 18, 2019 4:50 PM

R34 I agree. She's really a less-than-mediocre singer. It was the other 2 girls in her group that could sing.

by Anonymousreply 36July 18, 2019 4:55 PM

Except for "Be Prepared" and "Circle of Life," I was really underwhelmed by the OST. Both the new songs are forgettable pablum, and "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" is a note for note replica. Seth Rogen should never be allowed to sing in public again.

I think Disney will do whatever it needs to in order to spin this as a hit, but it won't be.

by Anonymousreply 37July 18, 2019 4:57 PM

[Quote]I think Disney will do whatever it needs to in order to spin this as a hit, but it won't be.

It's already doing big business in other countries it has opened. People are kidding themselves if they don't think idiots will flock to give this their money.

by Anonymousreply 38July 18, 2019 5:01 PM

Buy0nce hasn't had a true hit single in ages. This is yet another flop to add to her ever-growing list.

by Anonymousreply 39July 18, 2019 5:02 PM

Ugh, you're probably right, R38. Can't wait for those live action remakes of the Rescuers, the Princess and the Frog, the Fox and the Hound, Oliver and Company...

by Anonymousreply 40July 18, 2019 5:06 PM

What's next? Are they going to do a live action remake of Lady and the Tramp with expressionless animals? What about Pinocchio? Of course it's already been remade countless times but that didn't stop Disney from remaking The Jungle Book. Perhaps The Black Cauldron is in need of a reboot.

by Anonymousreply 41July 18, 2019 5:08 PM

[quote]Are they going to do a live action remake of Lady and the Tramp with expressionless animals?

Already on the way, honey. Tessa Thompson is Lady and Justin Theroux is Tramp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 18, 2019 5:13 PM

I'm sorry to report that a remake of "The Black Cauldron" is also currently in development.

by Anonymousreply 43July 18, 2019 5:32 PM

I’m waiting for a remake of The Black Hole!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 18, 2019 5:44 PM

It's going down in China, already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 18, 2019 5:55 PM

Oh crap! Can we make the black Little Mermaid one of them Jamaican Chinese blacks like Naomi?

by Anonymousreply 46July 18, 2019 6:04 PM

The highlight of The Lion King is going to be the “Cats” trailer that is also premiering this weekend.

As for Beyonce, you don’t need to be the age/type of a character you are VOICING. Bart Simpson is voiced by an old white woman.

by Anonymousreply 47July 18, 2019 6:12 PM

I don't know why they have to go with all these famous actors for voice over work. They should give unknowns and uggos a chance to work.

by Anonymousreply 48July 18, 2019 6:54 PM

R45. They thought they were going to see a movie mocking Trump called “The Lyin’ King”. Something got lost in the translation. They were disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 49July 18, 2019 8:39 PM

I’m tired of being hit over the head by Disney and ABC with constant promotions for this project. I have zero interest in “family” entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 50July 18, 2019 9:44 PM

R42 Oh my! That looks atrocious

by Anonymousreply 51July 18, 2019 9:50 PM

I read that the movie is not very fun. Of course everyone is taking their kids to see it so it will do pretty well. As for the song, this is just another Beyonce project for her to add millions to her bank. Im sure she couldn't care less about how it does commercially and she has so many other things going on.

by Anonymousreply 52July 18, 2019 9:51 PM

Blue Ivy in the lacefront wig??! I can't take it. I bet she demanded to wear it and Beyonce caved and let her.

by Anonymousreply 53July 18, 2019 9:52 PM

R44 Nothing can escape it, not even light

by Anonymousreply 54July 19, 2019 12:56 AM

I quite enjoyed The Jungle Book remake from a few years ago but I have no interest in seeing this one. Not that it matters, it will still make a billion dollars.

by Anonymousreply 55July 19, 2019 1:12 AM

I am surprised they would release it so close to Aladdin. You think they would have spaced them out longer. They really have hit a creative black hole. I just watched Mary Poppins 2. I did not think it was bad, but even that was basically a paint by numbers movie. They followed the old movie outline and just made sure they copied all of the old plot points. You could see where each scene or song had a corresponding scene or song in the original movie.

by Anonymousreply 56July 19, 2019 2:22 AM

I feel 'meh' about Beyonce. She's just one of those artists who other people love but I just don't care for. I think her singing is bland, her acting is passable, I just don't care enough.

As for the movie itself? I'll probably see it but I have a feeling I'll end up looking at my watch a few times.

by Anonymousreply 57July 19, 2019 2:32 AM

Beyonce is an even worse actress than Madonna, and that's not easy to do.

by Anonymousreply 58July 19, 2019 2:43 AM

Beyoncé is the voice of our generation.

by Anonymousreply 59July 19, 2019 2:53 AM

Beyoncé is inauthentic hype.

by Anonymousreply 60July 19, 2019 2:58 AM

Who is going to pay good money to see this hack remake of a classic? With cuntry bumpkin Mumblecore Barbie playing Nala no less.

by Anonymousreply 61July 19, 2019 3:08 AM

Blue Ivy is so pretty!

by Anonymousreply 62July 19, 2019 3:09 AM

Beyonce is one of the greatest vocalist of all time. Just ask Barbera Streisand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 19, 2019 3:10 AM

Frau and crotch fruit will descend like locusts on theaters to see this.

by Anonymousreply 64July 19, 2019 3:40 AM

[quote]Blue Ivy is so pretty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 19, 2019 3:48 AM

Is Beyoncé dumb?

by Anonymousreply 66July 19, 2019 4:47 AM

Bey is our queen and she rules us with a vision of glory and light. She is grand eloquent, beautiful but benevolent. She set out to be the greatest live entertainer in the world. Her heroes were MJ, Prince and Tina Turner. Beyonce IS the greatest live entertainer in the world. The only woman to sell out a solo worldwide stadium concert tour. Twice. Her show, her precision, her dancing and vocal excellence are legendary. She mastered the pop charts again and again with Destiny's Child and with her first two solo albums. Beyonce has 6 studio albums. All have debuted at #1. She's not yet 40 and there's nothing she hasn't conquered. Her tone is not everyone's favorite, yet she is the most gifted vocalist of her generation. Her technical abilities and range are unmatched by anyone else in the pop game, except for Kelly Clarkson.

Bey has recorded pop, reggae, blues, rock, hip hop, soul, funk, Americana, country, gospel, electronic, and trap music hits. She's a super phenom and a social justice leader. She and Jay have remained quiet during the time of troubles, because their support and friendship with the Obamas and her Superbowl Black Panther and Trayvon Martin appearance contributed to the uprising of dangerous levels of bigotry and hatred toward young black men in America. The Carters and The Obamas shall return as leaders and warriors soon. This is not my imagination. Wait for Chicago. After 2020.

Formation is universally listed as one of the top 20 videos of all time. Beyonce doesn't turn back or away - she faces another direction of her talent. Plenty right here on DataLounge never miss a chance to say terrible, racist and ugly things about Beyonce. That freak used to start a thread about her every Friday night, knowing that racists ruled the weekends on DL. That freak is KELT, among others. And he can't hide anymore. He has other favorite race baiting subjects.

Lemonade was the third best selling album of 2016, with Adele holding both the top two spots! Yet idiots on DL say that Beyonce doesn't have hits or sell records? She's the queen of our universe, already anointing her successors. But you can't recreate what Beyonce has. And I haven't the time or erudition to name all her gifts. She's a seismic superhero. The Lion King ain't gonna hurt her. She blesses the score with her pretty. I will agree that she never reaches the raw power and soul of Tina Turner. Beyonce is interested in precision and perfectionism and provocation. She is an artist. And a world class performer. A multimedia experience that lingers for decades.

Bey has sold over 100 million albums as a solo artist and another 60 million as part of Destiny's Child. The most conservative keeper of sales, the RIAA lists her as the Top Selling Certified artist of the 2,000s decade.

Dangerously in Love sold 11 million copies on its own. I am Sasha Fierce sold over 8 million copies. All 12 tracks of Lemonade charted in the Billboard top 100 simultaneously. Beyonce is not only a phenomenal live performer, she is one of the top five most significant recording artists in the world.

I can feel the love tonight. Even in my community there are those that find her too robotic or overpraised. She emulates her heroes. But she is her own creation. There will never be anyone close to the perfection that is Beyonce. And her perfection is not only her look or a sound = she is one of the greatest people of our time. She rules the fucking world.

No, she's not dumb R66. Are you afraid of her?

by Anonymousreply 67July 19, 2019 6:16 AM

R67, Gaga is just more META, more intelligent than B. Gaga has a better grasp of America's way of thinking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 19, 2019 6:21 AM

R67, Gaga is just more META, more intelligent than B. Gaga has a better grasp of America's way of thinking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 19, 2019 6:21 AM

[quote]In a 2011 interview with Pride Source, Beyonce acknowledged the difficulty of coming out and said that she was in awe of her gay fans. “The amount of confidence and fearlessness it takes to do what maybe is not what your parents expect you to do or what society may think is different -- to be brave and be different and to be yourself -- is just so beautiful,” she said. “Not worrying about satisfying or becoming what other people think you’re supposed to be, that’s like the ultimate dream.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 19, 2019 6:54 AM

You wake up, flawless

Post up, flawless

Ride round in it, flawless

Flossin on that, flawless

I woke up like this

I woke up like this

We flawless, ladies tell ‘em

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 19, 2019 7:02 AM

white people mad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 19, 2019 7:14 AM

Blue Ivy is gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 73July 19, 2019 7:19 AM

R67 She is indeed the great black leader black Americans need and since discovering she is a black woman has changed American politics with her Formation visual album and has made America a safe place for blacks to live in peace.

She is the feminist Malcolm X

by Anonymousreply 74July 19, 2019 7:20 AM

Power to the People!! Long live Queen Bey.

by Anonymousreply 75July 19, 2019 7:21 AM

The Arc of History Bends Toward Justice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76July 19, 2019 7:35 AM

SING

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 19, 2019 7:40 AM

R77 Block r77 and all the bizarre beyonce can spell posts just vanish

by Anonymousreply 78July 19, 2019 7:44 AM

Everyone loves Beyonce. No one cares for r78.

by Anonymousreply 79July 19, 2019 7:51 AM

Beyonce's daughter is average looking at best but we will also have her fawned on us.

by Anonymousreply 80July 19, 2019 8:00 AM

Princess Beyoncé

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 19, 2019 8:00 AM

Gaga is much more talented. Rihanna is much more interesting. I find Bey fine. I have nothing against her. But give me Gaga, RiRi, Pink, over Bey. She's just so boring to me.

by Anonymousreply 82July 19, 2019 8:14 AM

[quote] Her tone is not everyone's favorite, yet she is the most gifted vocalist of her generation. Her technical abilities and range are unmatched by anyone else in the pop game.

This is like damning with faint praise. The level of mediocre ‘culture’ on the cusp of the 21st C can be compared to the tumbling level of artistry in the dying decades of the Roman Empire.

by Anonymousreply 83July 19, 2019 8:21 AM

Her new spin-off album for the film dropped today.

by Anonymousreply 84July 19, 2019 8:23 AM

[quote] The most conservative keeper of sales, the RIAA lists her as the Top Selling Certified artist of the 2,000s decade.

Exactly. One of the most culturally underwhelming decades in history. Just like the first & second decade of the 1900s, it will barely be remembered artistically. Unlike like the “roaring” 20s or the “swinging” 60s. The 00s don’t even have a punchy pop culture name, which shows how little people care about it.

by Anonymousreply 85July 19, 2019 8:31 AM

What a terribly weak argument - although it does prove you to be very old R85. Beyonce seems to upset the ancient white f@gs of DL.

by Anonymousreply 86July 19, 2019 8:36 AM

[quote]Beyonce seems to upset the ancient white f@gs of DL.

Then she's doing something profoundly right.

by Anonymousreply 87July 19, 2019 8:39 AM

I’m an early Millennial and only half white / Caucasian, R86.

If you think early Millennials are “very old” - you must Bryan Singer.

by Anonymousreply 88July 19, 2019 8:45 AM

[quote] Beyonce is not only a phenomenal live performer, she is one of the top five most significant recording artists in the world.

A world otherwise dominated by indistinguishable-from-each-other EuroTrash songs and bearded-lady Eurovision contests. This shows what pedestrian, apathetic taste “the world” currently has.

[quote] She rules the fucking world.

No, pseudo-Communist China increasingly does. Which, again, shows the level the world has sunk to - lowest common denominator.

by Anonymousreply 89July 19, 2019 8:47 AM

Why is this becoming Beyonce focused? She’s in the movie for about 7 minutes total. She’s barely in it.

by Anonymousreply 90July 19, 2019 8:48 AM

Because DL won't let an opportunity to disparage her go to waste.

by Anonymousreply 91July 19, 2019 8:55 AM

Because Nala is one of the main popular characters from that film, R90.

It’s not like she’s voicing a more random character like Shenzi, one of the 3-Stooges hyenas.

by Anonymousreply 92July 19, 2019 9:01 AM

R89 The film has bombed in China

by Anonymousreply 93July 19, 2019 9:06 AM

Of course Nala is one of the “more popular characters”, she’s Simbas childhood friend that ends up being his wife and baby mama.

Blame casting for Beyoncé playing her. I don’t blame her for taking the opportunity to be a part of this huge film.

by Anonymousreply 94July 19, 2019 9:07 AM

R93 what are you talking about? It’s killing it there dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 95July 19, 2019 9:07 AM

OP, Donald Glover was very good as older Simba and sounded like a young adult. Beyoncé is where they screwed up. Nala sounded like she could be Simbas mom.

by Anonymousreply 96July 19, 2019 9:09 AM

She can’t even fake being soulful. I feel sorry for the backup singers. Beyonce should do what Chaka does and record her own backup vocals. They could call the album Pitchy Bitch On Steroids.

by Anonymousreply 97July 19, 2019 9:11 AM

R97 why are we comparing Beyoncé to Chaka? Because they’re black? Racist prick.

Beyoncé never claimed to be soulful, as she’s not a SOUL SINGER. SHES A POP SINGER THAT WENT R&B and now more Hip Hop because of her husband.

by Anonymousreply 98July 19, 2019 9:15 AM

Beyoncé is a pop star. She came about with Britney, Christina, Pink etc. but she’s been able to gain a super following and have a bigger career than every other pop tart from the late 90s/early 00s.

by Anonymousreply 99July 19, 2019 9:16 AM

She is nothing more than a touring artist at this point.

by Anonymousreply 100July 19, 2019 9:19 AM

A touring artist still pulling in millions.

by Anonymousreply 101July 19, 2019 9:24 AM

She's the biggest star in the world. Period.

by Anonymousreply 102July 19, 2019 9:25 AM

The same world that’s listening to embarrassing EuroTrash and brain-dead K-Pop. Period.

by Anonymousreply 103July 19, 2019 9:28 AM

But they were listening to Beyoncé 15 years before that EuroTrash and K-Pop. Period.

As a matter of fact almost every Beyonce single from her first 3 or 4 albums were Top 5 songs on the charts, with a handful of #1s.

by Anonymousreply 104July 19, 2019 9:31 AM

R104, you think EuroTrash is a recent 10s phenomenon? It was in full swing in the late 90s, early 00s. Same time as Knowles.

And while K-Pop only reached the US recently - it’s been brewing in Asia itself (with its billions of people, numerically eclipsing the US) for a long time. Asia mirrored fin-de-siècle Europe in terms of EuroTrash and developed K-Pop as a result.

by Anonymousreply 105July 19, 2019 9:40 AM

R94, I’m not blaming Knowles-Carter for taking part in the film at all. I answered a poster who asked why she’s part of the discussion at all - because she plays an iconic character in The Lion King, that’s why.

But with her now mature, lower-pitched voice, she’d be more suitable to play Nala’s mother, Sarabi.

by Anonymousreply 106July 19, 2019 9:42 AM

Sarabi is Simba's mother. Sarafina is Nala's mother.

by Anonymousreply 107July 19, 2019 9:47 AM

R95 No noes, you are wrong, yet again, you fat jowly cunt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 19, 2019 9:50 AM

Make Line King where some rich American trophy hunters make an appearance and slaughter the main animals.

by Anonymousreply 109July 19, 2019 9:52 AM

Beyonce is FIRE. And if she is fire.... y'all must be wood.

She's too fucking much and it pisses some people OFF. Truth is no one works harder to be so damn good. Don't try this at home Chaka Khan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110July 19, 2019 9:54 AM

Her beehive fans is warring with Gaga’s monsters -they believe Queen Bey is the runaway Oscar winner for spirit like shallow was. Monsters don’t think so.

by Anonymousreply 111July 19, 2019 10:07 AM

Fandoms are so funny when they go to war with each other.

I’ve seen Britney stans get into it with the BeeHive and it’s always entertaining lmao

by Anonymousreply 112July 19, 2019 10:15 AM

I'm a Beyonce fan and I don't think "Spirit" is Oscar worthy at all. It could still get nominated, but I'm hoping a stronger song comes along.

by Anonymousreply 113July 19, 2019 10:18 AM

R113 Well, there is stiff competition with the new song ALW has written for Taylor Swift for the Cats film....

by Anonymousreply 114July 19, 2019 10:22 AM

yassss bitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 19, 2019 10:36 AM

Don’t forget Frozen II is coming out and will inevitably have some good songs I assume.

by Anonymousreply 116July 19, 2019 10:38 AM

R115 Was that from before she discovered she was a black feminist?

by Anonymousreply 117July 19, 2019 10:40 AM

Why does her race have to be brought up? R117

by Anonymousreply 118July 19, 2019 10:43 AM

R118 Before that stupid Formation shit she never did a single political thing, then suddenly she is some great black feminist leader> All bullshit

by Anonymousreply 119July 19, 2019 10:47 AM

Another white person upset about Formation? Shocker!

by Anonymousreply 120July 19, 2019 10:51 AM

Your posts are all bullshit R119. Racist and misogynist bullshit. You nothing about Beyoncé, and Formation was far from stupid.

by Anonymousreply 121July 19, 2019 10:52 AM

R199 apparently missed "Run the World (Girls)" from Beyonce's 2011 album 4 as well as "***Flawless (feat. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie)" from her self-titled follow up album in 2013. It's fine to dislike Beyonce, but get your facts straight while doing so.

by Anonymousreply 122July 19, 2019 10:54 AM

I meant R119.

by Anonymousreply 123July 19, 2019 10:55 AM

Pretty Hurts. I love this song and video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124July 19, 2019 11:07 AM

I'm sure that while Beyonce will wax on about some spiritual connection to Africa and its people, the video for her song was shot in Apple Valley, California and in Arizona. Couldn't be bothered to haul her ass down to the Kalahari and use actual African performers, eh?

by Anonymousreply 125July 19, 2019 11:23 AM

You've never left your basement have you R125? You certainly have never seen Beyonce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126July 19, 2019 11:33 AM

Oh I forgot that if you hate this overated dumb bitch you are racist!

by Anonymousreply 127July 19, 2019 11:41 AM

The should have asked Prince Henry Mountbatten-Windsor to voice some character in The CGI Lion King. He looooves animals!

Naaaants ingonyaaaama baaaagithi, Babaaaa! [Here comes a lion, Father] / Siyo Nqoba! [We're going to CONQUER]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128July 19, 2019 11:43 AM

ET has been covering this movie all week and the focus has been Beyonce.

Yesterday they did a segment on “How the Lion King snagged Queen Bey” and tonight’s something else about her and Blue Ivy.

by Anonymousreply 129July 19, 2019 11:46 PM

I'm embarrassed to admit it after reading the other comments, but I plan on watching this. Yes, it is a shameless money grab. However, I loved the original as a child, and I think the remake will be a stunning visual experience.

I'm sick of Beyonce as well, but the good thing is, I live in Germany, and foreign movies get dubbed here. So I won't have to hear her voice or endure that insane Beyonce-centered media hype.

It's nauseating how the US media suck up to that woman. Her and Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 130July 20, 2019 3:32 AM

I think it's cooled with Taylor. But they're still firmly lodged up Beyoncé's ass r130

by Anonymousreply 131July 20, 2019 4:50 AM

R131 the media is afraid to say anything negative about her I wonder why..

by Anonymousreply 132July 20, 2019 4:57 AM

They say negative shit about many black people. So stfu racist.

by Anonymousreply 133July 20, 2019 5:19 AM

That’s the beyhive’s biggest comeback, calling you a racist lol

by Anonymousreply 134July 20, 2019 6:25 AM

I’m not a BeyHive. I’m not even a fan. But you claiming the media won’t touch her because she’s black is bullshit. They touch many black artists and actors. She doesn’t give reasons for them to.

by Anonymousreply 135July 20, 2019 6:31 AM

Beyonce is p e r f e c t i o n.

by Anonymousreply 136July 20, 2019 6:39 AM

R135 no one said they wont touch her because of her race dumbass

by Anonymousreply 137July 20, 2019 6:41 AM

[quote] I plan on watching this. Yes, it is a shameless money grab. However, I loved the original as a child, and I think the remake will be a stunning visual experience.

The early reviews are in - and many of them are not good. Some newspapers said it lacked “soul” - that the CGI animals (while a feat of technology) were obviously not capable of emoting much, which made the film feel a bit flat.

That’s what I thought from the get-go: you can’t have a “realistic-looking” CGI lion which “shows varied, complex, deep emotion on its face”. It just doesn’t match. Because “realistic” lions don’t “emote” facially.

That’s why animated cartoons are superior when it comes at least to portraying singing, talking animals. Cartoons don’t try to be overly realistic - they make a fun approximation, so they get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 138July 20, 2019 7:06 AM

I see a lot of Gaga stans triggered here. Beyonce will be nominated for an Oscar for Song. She has a great chance of winning. Yes, the Oscar song category is a joke now but it is what it is. Her movie will be huge. She is light years better than Gaga and more popular. Gaga isn't even among the top 15 in her peer group. Beyonce struggles with singles but she doesn't with album sales. Or tours. Madonna is her only rival. She has a ways to go to topple Madonna but she may get there. If she had done A Star is Born it would have been as big as Bodyguard or Evita as far as cultural impact. And she would have won not only the Oscar for song (which really belongs to Mark R who wrote the whole song) but might have won Best Actress. That is how Beyonce sweeps up awards.

She really has the press by the balls. By the balls! They slobber over her. This is being billed as THE Beyonce movie. She must spend a small fortune in press.

by Anonymousreply 139July 20, 2019 7:20 AM

R139 Oh, and yet still, the DL hates Bey, and you, her slavish tasteless fans

by Anonymousreply 140July 20, 2019 7:27 AM

Reviews are coming in, OH DEAR, the beyhive will lose their stupid shit, as per usual, and I shall use their pathethic tears for lube

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141July 20, 2019 7:30 AM

Beyonce and fugga are both fake overated bitches that deserve nothing!

by Anonymousreply 142July 20, 2019 7:43 AM

R141 They are ALL miserable RACISTS with nothing else to do but hate on black excellence!

by Anonymousreply 143July 20, 2019 8:19 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144July 20, 2019 8:39 AM

R144 Oh good, the week 2 drop should be huge

by Anonymousreply 145July 20, 2019 8:52 AM

[quote] [R144] Oh good, the week 2 drop should be huge

Right after having earned a quarter of a billion dollars, foreign + domestic; it will be quite the flop. It couldn't even hit the trillion dollar mark. Its Beyonce's fault.

by Anonymousreply 146July 20, 2019 8:58 AM

A lazy re-make of THE most iconic animated films of our time made money, R146? You don't say!

It didn't make money because it was 'good' - it made money because it's Disney's MOST popular historic cartoon in many countries.

There was an article recently about people's answers on dating sites. Apparently the most common answer among young straight men to the question "What is your fave childhood film?" or even "What is you fave film of all time?" - is the LION KING.

by Anonymousreply 147July 20, 2019 9:18 AM

*based on Disney's most popular historic cartoon

by Anonymousreply 148July 20, 2019 9:19 AM

R147 Indeed, Disney are totally fucking their back catalogue up the ass without a condom. And when they run out of classics to destroy, which will happen sooner rather than later, what then?

by Anonymousreply 149July 20, 2019 9:23 AM

The first day total in streaming on spotify for the album “the gift” is 9.5 million. For comparison , Camila & Shawn had the same number of streams on the day for a month old song “Señorita” . It took all 20+ new songs on “the gift” album to tie “Señorita”, BeYawnce is over!

by Anonymousreply 150July 20, 2019 10:13 AM

Saw it a few days ago and it was just ok. I think the biggest bummer for me was cutting Be Prepared short.

by Anonymousreply 151July 20, 2019 11:20 AM

R67

Nope, wasn't me. Gee, I get blamed for so much .......

by Anonymousreply 152July 20, 2019 4:59 PM

For the Beyonce fans, I just heard a clip of Dark Skinned Girls or whatever it's called. (Lupita was dancing to it because she's mentioned and it made her happy.)

Does she always sound so electronically filtered? I could barely recognize the voice as human.

by Anonymousreply 153July 20, 2019 5:06 PM

[quote] Her new song for this movie is complete shit and her voice does not fit Nala. Nala is a young lioness not some mature old mom.

[quote] You can’t say anything bad about this overrated hag on twitter without being called a pathetic racist. She can not do any voice acting she is fucking terrible!

[quote] this looks terrible though, realistic looking animals with human voices is an awful idea. Beyonce’s amateur voice acting sticks out like a sore thumb.

[quote] yup a middle aged barely literate texas trash.

[quote] At leasr the song is bombing. This ripoff needs to bom also.

I hope The Lion King bombs She is nothing more than a touring artist at this point.

[quote] Oh I forgot that if you hate this overated dumb bitch you are racist!

[quote] the media is afraid to say anything negative about her I wonder why..

[quote] That’s the beyhive’s biggest comeback, calling you a racist lol

[quote] no one said they wont touch her because of her race dumbass

[quote] Beyonce and fugga are both fake overated bitches that deserve nothing!

[quote] They are ALL miserable RACISTS with nothing else to do but hate on black excellence!

[quote] The first day total in streaming on spotify for the album “the gift” is 9.5 million. For comparison , Camila & Shawn had the same number of streams on the day for a month old song “Señorita” . It took all 20+ new songs on “the gift” album to tie “Señorita”, BeYawnce is over!

Overly invested.

by Anonymousreply 154July 22, 2019 3:44 AM

Gaga's ASIB soundtrack sold a thousand times better than Beyonce's new Lion King album. People don't like her music anymore.

by Anonymousreply 155July 22, 2019 3:51 AM

R154 needs to look up the meaning of ironic.

by Anonymousreply 156July 22, 2019 4:06 AM

In all seriousness, Beyonce seems like a developmentally disabled person. Everything she does seems prepared as if being present and spontaneous would tax her brain's ability to respond spontaneously.

Ethel Gumm wouldn't have put up with that shit!

by Anonymousreply 157July 22, 2019 5:30 AM

It only made 185 million so far, what a bomb!

by Anonymousreply 158July 22, 2019 6:13 AM

worldwide 1/2 a billion dollars

Total Lifetime Grosses = Worldwide: $531,000,000

Domestic: $185,000,000 34.8%

+ Foreign: $346,000,000 65.2%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159July 22, 2019 8:45 AM

I am just sitting here, waiting for the record second week dropoff

by Anonymousreply 160July 22, 2019 8:50 AM

I do too not because of Beyoncé but all this Disney crap is annoying. I never liked Disney movies even when I was a kid and why do we need live action versions? I’ve never even seen this movie.

by Anonymousreply 161July 22, 2019 8:56 AM

When did adults start watching kids movies, listening to kids music and reading kids books? Is everybody too stupid to handle things meant for grown ups these days?

by Anonymousreply 162July 22, 2019 8:58 AM

R162 Yes they are. Independent cinema is now dead, TV is brain dead. There is little for adults now

by Anonymousreply 163July 22, 2019 9:12 AM

Adults have always had to watch kids movies with their kids R162. They can't go by themselves!

Also this film is nostalgic for them. They saw the cartoon version. Some of them really enjoyed it so they wanted to see the adult version to compare. It's quite a different case if the film was a brand new kids movie.

Disney knows this and that's exactly why they made it.

by Anonymousreply 164July 22, 2019 10:46 AM

R157? She could have another you in a minute. Even though the song is over 4 minutes long.

by Anonymousreply 165July 22, 2019 10:54 AM

The movie of of course is not bombing but surprisingly her album/songs are under performing. I think this will hurt her Oscar chances. And honestly, TLK will always be a blockbuster even without her.

by Anonymousreply 166July 22, 2019 2:32 PM

People are sick of everybody being up Beyoncé’s ass. The hype is ridiculous. I like her but Lion King was going to smash with or without her. Her new song Spirit sucks which is surprising because she usually delivers.

Yes r163 people are stupid. Reality TV, Kardashians having millions of followers on social media... we are doomed. The adult drama is dead.

by Anonymousreply 167July 22, 2019 4:51 PM

The movie was always going to be huge. It's arguably Disney's biggest post 1990s hit. They could have used Siri and Alexa for all the voices and it would still have made 2 billion. Can't believe how bad the soundtrack and Bey album are doing. It's shocking, actually.

by Anonymousreply 168July 22, 2019 7:24 PM

I can't wait for the reboot!

by Anonymousreply 169July 22, 2019 7:28 PM

R168 her album with her husband flopped just as badly.. She is done. Hopefully reporters will stop asking al famous people what it was like to meet her and fussing over her like she is some living deity.

by Anonymousreply 170July 23, 2019 11:41 AM

Not for anything, but I don’t recall Beyonce having a any great acting skills. And from the few times I’ve heard her speak, she didn’t strike me as having an especially expressive or distinctive voice, and her diction is crap.

Her singing voice can be pleasant and enjoyable, but that doesn’t translate to being a good voice actor. It’s actually an uncommon talent.

by Anonymousreply 171July 23, 2019 11:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!