Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

AT&T rolls out a new, super-charged streaming service HBO Max

[quote]HBO Max will include shows and movies from Warner Bros., New Line, DC Entertainment, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, The CW, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes and other content providers. It also includes exclusive rights to stream all 236 episodes of the TV show Friends.

[quote]The service is expected to launch in beta later this year. AT&T has not said how much it will cost. HBO Max will launch publicly in the spring of 2020 and will include 10,000 hours of content, the company said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2019 8:07 PM

That lineup of shows is kinda unreal...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2019 5:59 PM

I bet it will be rather expensive.

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2019 6:00 PM

Meanwhile, Netflix will continue to dump millions of dollars on movies people won't remember a week after they premiere.

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2019 6:40 PM

Speaking of which, I thought Netflix had an exclusive deal with CW. I guess that's going away too.

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2019 6:41 PM

Is this different from HBO Regular?

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2019 7:04 PM

Warner Bros. owns Lorimar's library, so will we see Knots Landing, Midnight Caller, Falcon Crest, Eight is Enough, etc.? If so, I'm in!

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2019 7:13 PM

Another nail in Netflix's coffin. Wow, they will probably lose Friends and all their DC shows.

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2019 7:14 PM

Sounds fantastic! I was just going to take a pile of money and burn it, but maybe I will give HBO Max a try instead

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2019 8:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!