Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

*Democratic Primary 2nd Quarter Fundraising*

*Q2 fundraising update*:

Decision Desk HQ

1. Buttigieg $24.8M

2. Biden $21.5M

3. Warren $19.1M

4. Sanders $18M

5. Harris $12M

6. Bennet $2.8M

7. Bullock $2M

8. Hickenlooper $1M

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 20, 2019 11:05 PM

PollTroll I love you :O ! I just want you to know that

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2019 3:10 AM

Thanks, R1!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2019 11:44 AM

Can you just make like one thread for this, asshole?

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2019 12:05 PM

r3 The results are coming in at different times until July 15. Of course we'll have a separate thread as each of the Big Five announces theirs - fundraising tells us a lot where this race is and what it might look like in the future.

Also, you're quite rude.

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2019 12:25 PM

[bold]2020 campaign second-quarter fundraising totals released[/bold]

[quote]The deadline: Monday is the last day for campaigns to file Federal Election Commission disclosure reports with full details of their fundraising. Candidates have until midnight to file their reports with the Federal Election Commission.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 16, 2019 12:31 AM

Cory Booker: $4.5 million

Amy Klobuchar: $3.87 million

Jay Inslee: $3 million

Julián Castro: $2.8 million

Andrew Yang: $2.8 million

Michael Bennet: $2.8 million

Kirsten Gillibrand, $2.3 million

Steve Bullock: $2 million

Marianne Williamson: $1.5 million

Seth Moulton: $1.2 million

John Hickenlooper: $1.1 million

Bill de Blasio: nearly $1.1 million

Tim Ryan: $876,000

John Delaney: $284,476 (Doesn’t include five loans, totaling $7.75 million that Delaney made to his campaign in May and June.)

by Anonymousreply 6July 16, 2019 12:33 AM

Below the top 5, it's true, a fool and their money are soon farted.....

by Anonymousreply 7July 16, 2019 12:34 AM

I just noticed Beto isn't on that list. What's he waiting for? Is it that bad?!

by Anonymousreply 8July 16, 2019 12:36 AM

Less than 2 million should get no invite to the debate.

by Anonymousreply 9July 16, 2019 12:59 AM

[quote]Small-dollar donors accounted for about 66% of Warren’s individual contributions, but she received high-dollar contributions from some famous names as well. Hollywood powerhouse Shonda Rhimes and actress Jane Fonda, most recently of Netflix's "Grace and Frankie" fame, each gave Warren $2,800, the filing shows.

So 44% is medium and big donor money, then? And btw, she's rolled $10 million of Martha Vineyard's money into the campaign back from her Senate run; just throwing that out there. I hope her supporters stop gloating and attacking other candidates over this now. I like her, but good intentions don't stand a chance against Trump's $100+ million onslaught (as of right now).

by Anonymousreply 10July 16, 2019 1:10 AM

I just contributed to Pete’s campaign.

I want to do what I can for him.

His equanimity at vileness amazes me.

by Anonymousreply 11July 16, 2019 1:15 AM

R8 He just now announced he raised 3.6 mil

by Anonymousreply 12July 16, 2019 1:21 AM

[quote]So 44% is medium and big donor money, then?

No, 34% is.

by Anonymousreply 13July 16, 2019 1:22 AM

[quote]Former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke, who shattered fundraising records in his near-miss Senate campaign in 2018, raised just $3.6 million during the second fundraising quarter, his campaign announced Monday night.

[quote]The haul is just a fraction of the $9.4 million O’Rourke collected in the first 18 days of his presidential bid and comes as his standing in the polls has tumbled in recent weeks. O’Rourke ranked in third place in fundraising after the first three months of the year.

Ouch.

by Anonymousreply 14July 16, 2019 1:34 AM

Waiting for Tulsi's report with bated breath...

by Anonymousreply 15July 16, 2019 1:36 AM

R15: Who needs money when her family's cult will do the work for free? Luck for us, there's not enough to cover the entire country.

by Anonymousreply 16July 16, 2019 1:39 AM

But did Beto announce it en Español?

by Anonymousreply 17July 16, 2019 1:39 AM

[quote]equanimity at vileness

r11 You know Chasten is totally going to steal that as the official Buttigieg family motto, right?

by Anonymousreply 18July 16, 2019 1:40 AM

Sorry, I just Love buttigieg, he’s smart and I love how he speaks.

by Anonymousreply 19July 16, 2019 1:42 AM

Beto came behind Klobuchar. He's kinda finished, I think. I bet his campaign is betting everything on that second debate. If he doesn't shine there, it'll be over for him.

by Anonymousreply 20July 16, 2019 1:43 AM

Where are Beto's numbers???

by Anonymousreply 21July 16, 2019 1:45 AM

r21 In the quote at r14. The results are coming in right now, so the number couldn't be included in the list earlier.

by Anonymousreply 22July 16, 2019 1:47 AM

[quote]BETO fundraising in the second quarter fell off a cliff. @BetoORourke campaign says he raised $3.6 million in Q2, roughly half what he raised in his first DAY in the race, or about a third of what he raised in 18-day first quarter. [@GarrettHaake]

Painful.

by Anonymousreply 23July 16, 2019 1:48 AM

Wait for Harris's next "I was just a poor black child" T-shirts to come out... She should be selling flip-flops.

by Anonymousreply 24July 16, 2019 1:50 AM

What's happened to that black mayor from Florida (I think?) who also announced he was running a couple of months ago? CNN has him in the preview image at r5's link.

by Anonymousreply 25July 16, 2019 1:57 AM

Pete raised 10.5 million from donations which are less than 200$.

And reports come in that Trump raised 26 million in Q2 which is almost same as Pete's. OMG. This is insane

by Anonymousreply 26July 16, 2019 1:58 AM

TULSI, TULSI, TULSI!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 16, 2019 2:04 AM

r27 Tulsi raised 1.6 million in Q2 almost same as Marianne

by Anonymousreply 28July 16, 2019 2:45 AM

What does COH mean ??

It says Beto raised $3.64 million but then under COH it says $5.19 million.

by Anonymousreply 29July 16, 2019 3:02 AM

r29 Cash on hand

Cash on hand = Q1 funds + Q2 funds - Q1 expenditure - Q2 expenditure

Pete has 23 million COH, Bernie has 27 million, Warren has 19.5 million

by Anonymousreply 30July 16, 2019 3:08 AM

Make it happen!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 31July 16, 2019 3:14 AM

Thanks R30. I understand now. Beto's campaign has 5 million dollars on hand as of right now. Interesting.

I imagine the fate of most candidates will become known after the second debate. For sure the top 5 will march through September. Then, the field might get trimmed to 4-3 candidates.

by Anonymousreply 32July 16, 2019 3:23 AM

The latest calculations are that only about 7 candidates are likely to qualify for the September debate threshold.

by Anonymousreply 33July 16, 2019 5:54 AM

That's not possible, poll troll.

Five people have already qualified. Beto just needs one more. He is certain to qualify. Booker just needs a few thousand donors. He met polling threshold already. Yang, Klobuchar need a few thousand donors and 2 more polls to qualify. There is still a lot of time for all of them to meet those thresholds.

I'd say at least nine will qualify

by Anonymousreply 34July 16, 2019 6:11 AM

That was the analysis of the numbers by NBC this week.

It doesn't mean it will be *only* 7, but that it will be around 7 based on the current polling numbers:

[quote]Our new poll shows only 7 candidates hit bar for September debates

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 16, 2019 6:19 AM

Beto should relaunch the relaunch.

by Anonymousreply 36July 16, 2019 6:26 AM

[quote]I just noticed Beto isn't on that list. What's he waiting for? Is it that bad?!

He's such a drama queen. He's also running an inept campaign. He's also done. Adios, Betito!

by Anonymousreply 37July 16, 2019 6:33 AM

Correction:

[quote]Infinity. Williamson: God's light

[quote]1. Buttigieg: $24.8M

[quote] etc.

by Anonymousreply 38July 16, 2019 6:46 AM

This is what I've been waiting for - the California numbers.

[quote].@PeteButtigieg raised more from California than @KamalaHarris during the second quarter. Almost half of Harris' haul and more than a fourth of Buttigieg's came from CA donors (Only includes donors who gave >$200)

Interesting. We'll see if it holds up next quarter as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 16, 2019 2:24 PM

Mattresses Girls for Kirsten actually gave Gillibland $2.3mil? Better off flushing that scratch 'straight down the shitter' Her stance of only nominating liberal judges to the courts was a bold move. I thought she'd get a list from the Heritage Foundation.

by Anonymousreply 40July 16, 2019 5:48 PM

Gillibrand has $8.2m cash on hand, so don't count her out just yet. She'll be around for a while.

by Anonymousreply 41July 16, 2019 5:55 PM

R41, Gillibrand's fundraising is okay, but it's the polling numbers she has to worry about.

She's under 1% in some polls, and the DNC is using a combination of fundraising numbers and polling numbers to determine eligibility for the debate threshold. So while Gillibrand may have the money, she doesn't have the polling numbers she needs yet.

by Anonymousreply 42July 16, 2019 10:47 PM

New fundraising totals for the past quarter show a Big Five solidifying among Democrats.

Same 5 that are at the top in the new CNN New Hampshire poll:

Biden, Warren, Sanders, Buttigieg, and Harris.

by Anonymousreply 43July 16, 2019 11:47 PM

[quote]Q2 presidential fundraising update: Trump leads 2020 presidential candidates in second quarter fundraising, Buttigieg logs most individual contributions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 19, 2019 7:27 PM

Dems...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 19, 2019 7:28 PM

Mayor Pete is the little engine that could!

by Anonymousreply 46July 19, 2019 7:34 PM

[quote]John Delaney: $284,476 (Doesn’t include five loans, totaling $7.75 million that Delaney made to his campaign in May and June.)

I have listened to John Delaney. Seems like a good guy, smart, good ideas, plans, etc. However, he is at the bottom of the list regarding amount raised. He must be very wealthy, but these kinds of numbers plus loaning money to his campaign won't be sustainable.

by Anonymousreply 47July 19, 2019 7:36 PM

Yeah, Delaney is self-funding his own campaign with a crazy amount of money. The only possible explanation here is that a gypsy fortune teller told him he'll definitely be the next president.

Or, you know, that he was hired by an entity to try and take down a particular candidate.

by Anonymousreply 48July 19, 2019 7:40 PM

[bold]Scoop: John Delaney's staffers have asked him to drop out[/bold]

[quote]On July 9, John Delaney's senior team sat him down and told him to drop out of the presidential race by mid-August, according to three sources close to the campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 19, 2019 7:57 PM

On the fundraising side, I believe eight candidates have achieved the goal: Biden, Buttigieg, Harris, Sanders, Warren, O'Rourke, Castro, and Yang. On the polling side, it's 6: Biden, Buttigieg, Harris, Sanders, Warren, and Booker.

Klobuchar and O'Rourke have achieved the polling minimum in three polls and each needs one more. Yang and Castro have met the requirement in one poll each. None of the others have met that requirement.

I can see Klobuchar, O'Rourke, and Booker hitting both the fundraising and polling numbers; I'm not sure any of the others will. So between 5 and 8 candidates will likely take the stage, absent any major changes in the next month and a half.

Here are the rules on the polling:

[quote] Candidates must receive 2% or more support in at least four national polls, or polls conducted in the early-voting states of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and/or Nevada. [bold]Each poll submitted must be publicly released between June 28 and Aug. 28[/bold] and be must be sponsored by one or more of the following organizations approved by the DNC: The Associated Press, ABC News, CBS News, CNN, the Des Moines Register, Fox News, Monmouth University, NBC News, The New York Times, National Public Radio, Quinnipiac University, University of New Hampshire, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, the Washington Post, and Winthrop University.

[quote]Any candidate's four qualifying polls must be conducted by different organizations or -- if by the same organization -- must be in different geographical areas. And each poll must be publicly released between June 28 and Aug. 28, 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50July 19, 2019 8:10 PM

r50 Based on that information, Klobuchar, Beto, and Booker will have to do something extra at the second debate, to ensure that bump in donations. Those three have the most to lose.

by Anonymousreply 51July 19, 2019 8:15 PM

O'Rourke has the donations, R51; he's just short one poll.

by Anonymousreply 52July 19, 2019 8:23 PM

Yes, I meant "a bump in donations and in the polls". Both are welcome, of course.

by Anonymousreply 53July 19, 2019 8:26 PM

Beto has already qualified. He got 2% in the latest CNN new hampshire poll. Seriously how ignorant u buffoons are!

by Anonymousreply 54July 19, 2019 8:43 PM

To be clear, six candidates have qualified for the third debate in September so far: Biden, Buttigieg, Sanders, Warren, Harris, O'Rourke.

Any other lineup might be outdated news.

by Anonymousreply 55July 19, 2019 8:47 PM

Is polling being defrauded to shore up marginal moderates and ostracize radicals? This journalist seems to think so:

[quote]Gonna go full truther here: I do not believe the candidates polling at 1% actually have 1% support. One in 100 Democratic voters prefers Michael Bennet over the whole field? Bullshit. No one can seriously believe this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 19, 2019 10:27 PM

Top fundraiser in each state

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 20, 2019 9:43 PM

Pete doing well in the Midwest (and in California).

by Anonymousreply 58July 20, 2019 11:04 PM

Biden doing well in the South (and in Pennsylvania and parts of the Northeast).

by Anonymousreply 59July 20, 2019 11:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!