Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British Royal Family Gossip: Part 84

Let's carry on our discussion. Wimbledon is on and Kate and Meghan have attended matches on different days. This Saturday, July 6th, is Archie Mountbatten-Windsor's christening but it will be a private affair with photos released later.

Here is the link to the previous thread Part 83.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600July 14, 2019 12:33 AM

Wimbledon unseen exclusive picture!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 5, 2019 6:31 PM

R558 from the previous thread—Obama is actually 6’2” not 6’ so Harry claiming he’s also the same height makes sense in the picture you post. They look very similar in height.

by Anonymousreply 2July 5, 2019 6:35 PM

R1 You can mock the fat cow in green all you want, she's a Deplorable. Must have her own MAGA cap.

by Anonymousreply 3July 5, 2019 6:40 PM

Lady Sarah was close to her cousin, Prince Edward. He was born in March 1964 and she was born in May 1964.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 5, 2019 7:07 PM

Swipe for photos of Edward and Sarah when they were young. Spot red head Fergie in the background with Andrew too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 5, 2019 7:08 PM

I liked Lady Sarah's wedding dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 5, 2019 7:10 PM

I agree with a lot of what this opinion blog says. Meghan and Harry really can't have it both ways. You can't enjoy the privileges of being royal including using taxpayers' money for renovations and then expect to have a totally private life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 5, 2019 7:17 PM

Charles spends a final day in Wales.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 5, 2019 7:18 PM

R2 Obama is not 6'2", he's closer to just over 6'0" than 6'2", even if he's officially listed as 6'1". Even Obama now acknowledges that he's now just over 6'0" on a good day. He's shorter than Bill Clinton who's 6'2" though he too probably shrunk slightly in recent years due to aging.

by Anonymousreply 9July 5, 2019 7:23 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 5, 2019 7:23 PM

Meghan plans to partner with Goop to release a line of sustainable diapers later this year.

by Anonymousreply 11July 5, 2019 7:25 PM

That's the real cause for rancor between the princes and their wives-- Kate had originally been slated for the Goop partnership.

by Anonymousreply 12July 5, 2019 7:26 PM

Despite fat-shaming Meghan's oddly-placed weight gain in the body, I do think she actually looks better with fuller face. The extra fat softens her prominent jawline which gives her face a masculine look.

by Anonymousreply 13July 5, 2019 7:27 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 5, 2019 7:29 PM

R7 - this is it in a nutshell - "There's an unwritten contract between the public and the monarchy that the royals must show that their good value for the money".

This will be the downfall of Meghan. Neither she or her husband are not holding up their end of the bargain.

by Anonymousreply 15July 5, 2019 7:30 PM

Why would Kate want to collaborate with GP? No one with an ounce of functioning cerebral cortex would want to partner up with Ms. Vaginal Jade Egg unless they're hard up for money or fame or both.

by Anonymousreply 16July 5, 2019 7:30 PM

R11 & R12 - from where do you get your information? In your head?

by Anonymousreply 17July 5, 2019 7:31 PM

I was reading an article about Archie's christening, and it said that Prince George has seven godparents! I've never heard of anyone having more than two. Why the hell would you need seven?

by Anonymousreply 18July 5, 2019 7:33 PM

It's a holdover from medieval times when the King would arbitrarily decapitate people. By choosing six or seven you'd guarantee that at least a couple would be alive in case their services were needed.

by Anonymousreply 19July 5, 2019 7:34 PM

Three is the minimum for a CoE christening, but two can be the parents.

by Anonymousreply 20July 5, 2019 7:38 PM

Maybe the christening is private because they've already sold the rights to Vogue, Vanity Fair, or People. Perhaps payment in the form of a donation to their foundation.

by Anonymousreply 21July 5, 2019 7:42 PM

The thing is no one gives a shit who the godparents are. But their refusal to name them just ensures a media circus with all of the speculation and editorials about expectations etc. so that the whole ordeal of Archie's "private" christening gets a ton more attention than if they just followed standard procedures.

Same thing with the details of the birth. If she just stood outside the hospital for a few minutes to have her picture taken it would have been over quickly and they could have gone off to spend time quietly as a family like the claimed they wanted. Instead they blew the whole thing up so that the spectacle was dragged out for days despite their protests of wanting privacy.

They are using Archie and their demands for his privacy to whip up a frenzy of interest. It doesn't seem that they care about the backlash that goes along with it. They knew refusing to do their part as royal parents and just give the dumb details of their sprog's baptism to the press would piss people off and it seems like that is their very intention. So what's the goal then? To piss the family off so much that they get a huge payout to leave? Do they just get off on the game playing? They really do want to damage the monarchy? Whatever the case they are beyond irritating and the press should just tell them to fuck off and give them the privacy they claim they desire and just stop covering them.

by Anonymousreply 22July 5, 2019 8:22 PM

[quote] Neither she or her husband are not holding up their end of the bargain.

Oh DEAR. The Queen WEEPS at your butchery of her language.

by Anonymousreply 23July 5, 2019 8:25 PM

R23 - I admit that I butchered the Queen's English but I think most people would still understand what I meant.

by Anonymousreply 24July 5, 2019 8:31 PM

Meghan was a big fan of The Rules guide to dating which was published back in the mid 1990s, right? The whole premise behind The Rules is that you should play hard to get and keep the man guessing while he's in pursuit of you. Make him be the chaser after your affection. So really if we think about it, Meghan is now applying The Rules by proxy via Archie in order to make the Sussex brand sought after by us plebs. See, we're the man in this scenario, we're supposed to be so intrigued and awed by the Sussexes that we'd want to follow them and grovel at their feet despite them sending out hard to get signals. Once a Rules girl always a Rules girl except now she's using Archie and has the cooperation of dim Harry to boot.

by Anonymousreply 25July 5, 2019 8:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 5, 2019 8:35 PM

They are playing passive aggressive high school girl games. I can't believe the British royal family has been reduced to this.

by Anonymousreply 27July 5, 2019 8:40 PM

The trashy bitch wore dungarees to Wimbledon!

by Anonymousreply 28July 5, 2019 8:41 PM

[quote] They are playing passive aggressive high school girl games. I can't believe the British royal family has been reduced to this.

They've always played passive aggressive games. What's surprising this time around is that they are playing with a second-rate Hollywood actress.

by Anonymousreply 29July 5, 2019 8:41 PM

What does CoE mean?

by Anonymousreply 30July 5, 2019 8:42 PM

R30 - Church of England.

by Anonymousreply 31July 5, 2019 8:42 PM

The Queen's busy week in Scotland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 5, 2019 8:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 5, 2019 8:43 PM

Some of the 35 rules of relationship according to The Rules. Seems like Meghan is still employing these tactics and has Harry trained. These ones jump out at me.

1. Be a “Creature Unlike Any Other"

12. Stop Dating Him if He Doesn't Buy You a Romantic Gift for Your Birthday or Valentine's Day

26. Even if You're Engaged or Married, You Still Need The Rules

But Meghan definitely breaks these rules

16. Don't tell him what to do

17. Let him take the lead

20. Be Honest but Mysterious

by Anonymousreply 34July 5, 2019 8:44 PM

OK, which one of you bitches gave Prince Eddie a black eye?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 5, 2019 8:46 PM

Meghan sure does live in the past.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 5, 2019 8:47 PM

Beardless Harry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 5, 2019 8:48 PM

Swipe to view some of the Queen's fabulous brooches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 5, 2019 8:52 PM

The whole thing is just so odd. I'm Catholic and you have one godmother and one godfather and both godparents have to be Catholic.

How in the world are some of these people even being considered? I assume that all of Harry's friends are CoE but Jessica, Lindsay and Misha are all Jewish. Does the CoE really not require that the godparents be church members or at the very least Christian?

by Anonymousreply 39July 5, 2019 9:08 PM

I can't believe they are merching (that tub)...or whatever the phrase is. So Crass. Harry is very well to do. But Harry might be very stingy. Look at the engagement ring...so small.

by Anonymousreply 40July 5, 2019 9:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 5, 2019 9:24 PM

Serena Williams is Jehova's Witness.

by Anonymousreply 42July 5, 2019 9:29 PM

No they don’t r39. They just have to be Christian and baptized. I’m my niece’s godmother; she’s Catholic and I’m Eastern Orthodox. I had to show my baptismal certificate to be her godmother.

by Anonymousreply 43July 5, 2019 9:30 PM

What a shit show over godparents. What is this broad like when she goes to the local Windsor supermarket? Buying groceries must be such a pain in the ass with her.

by Anonymousreply 44July 5, 2019 9:32 PM

For the poster in the last thread who mentioned Lady Sarah Chatto and then "remembering" to curtsey: the doube-cheek kiss followed by the curtsey (or bow) is the form of greeting allowed for the Queen's intimate friends and relatives. So, Lady Sarah did not "forget" to curtsey: she is allowed to kiss first and then curtsey. So is Kate, recently, a decided mark of the Queen's favour.

The CoE has been desperately trying to staunch the haemorrhaging of adherents in recent years. The number of people in the UK who identify as CoE adherents recently fell below 1,000,000 for the first time in centuries. The CoE thinks that by bending all the rules and backing down on the most basic tenets (e.g., that godparents whose role is to serve as religious examples and role models for children), it can stem the flow. It isn't working. It only makes them seem, quite rightly, that they believe in nothing and stand for nothing.

It's really a topic for another thread, but the bottom line is, allowing the Queen's great-grandson to have as godparents several people who do not subscribe to Christianity at all would be, in my opinion, should be a bridge too far for the Queen and the Archbishop of Canterbury. It makes a mockery of the whole thing.

If Mulroney, Clooney, and Roth, and Williams are amongst the godparents, that alone would be a good reason for the Sussexes to hide their selection. And My Lord Archbiship and the Queen, as Head of the Church, would come in for massive critcisim.

by Anonymousreply 45July 5, 2019 9:48 PM

^*Archbishop

by Anonymousreply 46July 5, 2019 9:50 PM

R45 A thousand cuts.

by Anonymousreply 47July 5, 2019 9:54 PM

If the Cambridges attend, another reason for Meghan not to allow the arrivals to be photographed would be to evade comparisons to the exquisitely dressed Kate. This way, if Kate tries to pull a Meghan and dress in colours directly opposed to the occasion, the way Meghan did at Louis's christening last summer, Meghan can simply sepia tone the photos and edit the photos to reduce Kate's impact.

Of course, if the Cambridgeds decided to boycott the christening, Meghan could hide that by refusing to release the guest list, and only release photos showing the parents and three grandparents.

by Anonymousreply 48July 5, 2019 9:57 PM

Godparent #1 — Meghan

Godparent #2 — Harry

Godparent #3 — Justin Welby

C’mon, Bean; you know you want to!

by Anonymousreply 49July 5, 2019 10:00 PM

I'm afraid this thread is too serious R11/R12.

by Anonymousreply 50July 5, 2019 10:09 PM

Yes, god forbid anyone make jokes in the midst of the endless paragraphs of rehash of frau theories embroidered from nothing. Really, we’re reduced to talking about The Rules now?

by Anonymousreply 51July 5, 2019 10:18 PM

[quote] The Queen had long planned to spend the weekend with Prince Philip at Sandringham, where she will visit the Royal Stud.

by Anonymousreply 52July 5, 2019 10:23 PM

The Rules and Godparents. Shouldn’t this discussion be on the Hallmark channel?

by Anonymousreply 53July 5, 2019 10:25 PM

R53 - What could be more Hallmark than the Rise of Meghan Markle?

by Anonymousreply 54July 5, 2019 10:28 PM

Oh the 80s......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 5, 2019 10:29 PM

R55 DIVINE

by Anonymousreply 56July 5, 2019 10:30 PM

Exactly r54. DL has turned into Hallmark.

by Anonymousreply 57July 5, 2019 10:30 PM

It becomes ever clearer as time goes on why Doria Ragland pays her daughter the shortest visits Ragland can decently get away with, fleeing out of reach of Meghan's raging paranoia, control, and back to the peace and independence of her own life, as soon as she can.

by Anonymousreply 58July 5, 2019 10:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 5, 2019 10:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 5, 2019 10:39 PM

Diana at Will's Christening

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 5, 2019 10:40 PM

Diana with Harry. I can totally see Meg wearing something inspired by this. She does a lot of black and blue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 5, 2019 10:42 PM

R53 Blame Meghan, she's becoming the very representation of fucking Hallmark channel, even down to her mom-bod nowadays. She's the one making us trying to explain her inexplicable. The retooled ring, possible marching of copper tub, private christening, and mystery godparents, and these are just in the past week. All we can do is follow what the Sussexes lead us to talk about, and what they're giving us happens to be a fucked-up equation of 1990s+ Basic Becky frau+ celebrity whoredom+ family dysfunction.

Archie is the one getting the short end of the stick. No one talking about Archie and the cute baby things he's doing or way he looks. Only way that Archie is being talked about is in context of the odd actions that his parents are taking to protect him from the public that supports their lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 63July 5, 2019 10:44 PM

^^^inexplicable behavior

by Anonymousreply 64July 5, 2019 10:44 PM

^^^damn autocorrect, meant to say merching of copper tub

by Anonymousreply 65July 5, 2019 10:46 PM

She's a young whippersnapper.

by Anonymousreply 66July 5, 2019 10:48 PM

[quote] Yes, god forbid anyone make jokes in the midst of the endless paragraphs of rehash of frau theories embroidered from nothing. Really, we’re reduced to talking about The Rules now?

We are doing serious work here. I have emailed the Daily Mail editors to inform them of the breakthroughs we've made in understanding the wiles of Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 67July 5, 2019 10:48 PM

Thank you r67. I am most impressed with the discoveries you ladies have made in this thread. Here is a certificate of appreciation. I hope that each and every one of you (except for the obvious jokers) prints one out and cherishes it. I repeat: jokers MUST NOT print out the certificate. It is for serious analysts ONLY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 5, 2019 10:51 PM

I mean he’s 97 and his wife is literally a Queen and he’s got Penny driving him around...I guess that’s why he’s the Royal Stud.

I have wondered whether part of William’s pique *if the Rose affair is true* is knowing his precursors got away with whatever they wanted and he may not be able to. Do we think Charles ever cheated on Camilla once the Diana era ended?

by Anonymousreply 69July 5, 2019 10:52 PM

If Charles did cheat, did Camilla care? Did she cheat as well? Philip is Royal Stud to the end but I don't know about Charles.

by Anonymousreply 70July 5, 2019 10:59 PM

R70 Charles was rumored to have been with other women besides Camilla during the Diana years (Kanga being one) so it’s not as though he and Cam were star-crossed lovers. But I’ve never heard about affairs in the 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 71July 5, 2019 11:05 PM

Hallmark? I don’t know her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 5, 2019 11:33 PM

No one gives a shit who the gparents are, and there is no frenzy about it. Oops, i take that back; there is a teeny tiny fraunzy as part of the media construct the crap PR is trying to build. It's all getting boring is their problem. Let us know when the mediocre pictures are released..

by Anonymousreply 73July 6, 2019 12:07 AM

I wondered why Meggy Sharp didn't wait the traditional 3 months and have the christening in August but then realized her birthday is in August and she wants to make that whole month about herself and more mystery as to who attended her birthday party and such.

by Anonymousreply 74July 6, 2019 12:19 AM

I thought that the primary duty of a godparent was to promise to ensure the child’s religious education and continued faith in the church, should the parents die.

My own godparents were my parents’ best friends at the time of my christening, but everyone went their separate ways after a few years. My husband doesn’t even remember who his godparents are.

by Anonymousreply 75July 6, 2019 12:20 AM

R63, I floated the idea that the tub is a merch. NO IDEA if it’s true, but wondered if it’s possible. That guy, the “Soho House supplier” is famous now, and I’m sure sales of that thing will increase. Of all the high-end finishes they must have installed, why do we keep hearing about this particular one? Soho House supplier...

by Anonymousreply 76July 6, 2019 12:26 AM

Everybody follow @sussexroyal if you haven't already!

by Anonymousreply 77July 6, 2019 12:28 AM

Why are they "highlighting" that dipshit Bloomberg on their IG? Are they going to push parliament for a soda tax too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 6, 2019 1:01 AM

R78, MM I must be DYING to get her claws into Bloomberg.

You haven’t got a snowball’s chance, Meghan. Aim lower.

by Anonymousreply 79July 6, 2019 1:32 AM

^^ I mean, she wouldn’t mind an infusion of his cash to her special “charity”’s coffers... but he’s the kind of guy I’m talking about when I say that she’s going to use Harry as a stepping stone to true wealth.

She wants something bigger and better than Harry.

by Anonymousreply 80July 6, 2019 1:38 AM

Swipe for some fun shots of Camilla “Patsy Stone” Parker-Bowles. The poster is not a fan, but I think she’s tremendous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 6, 2019 1:57 AM

Wouldn't it be delicious if the media, in retaliation for the Sussexes' privacy bullshit, had gotten together and privately arranged to completely ignore the christening and to not even post the formal photographs released later on?! It would only be the royal website and the Sussexe's IG account. Not a single word written or photo posted in any of the papers or covered by a single television outlet?!

It would be such a coup. It would teach the Sussexes a lesson they'd never forget. Unfortunately, it would never happen.

Craven sods - they don't realise they'd make fools of the Sussexes and get their own back in short order.

But they haven't the brains or the spine.

by Anonymousreply 82July 6, 2019 2:10 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 6, 2019 2:48 AM

It's worth noting that royal baptisms have traditionally been private affairs. However, it's only in recent years that cameras have been allowed to capture the arrivals of the family and their guests.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 6, 2019 3:05 AM

Thanks for posting that old pic of Meghan, she was slim then...her legs were thin and now even her knees are fat...she gained a lot. She's at least 130pounds.

by Anonymousreply 85July 6, 2019 3:39 AM

sorry if already posted...

The Church of England confirmed yesterday that taxpayer-funded Harry and Meghan will file the birth in a secret royal register.

The lavish service will be conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury.

Bookies have slashed the odds on Guy Pelly and Jessica Mulroney becoming baby Archie’s godparents at his lavish christening today.

Two university pals of Meghan — Lindsay Roth and Genevieve Hillis — with her at Wimbledon this week, are also in the frame.

But despite footing the £2.4million bill for Harry and Meghan’s Frogmore Cottage renovation, taxpayers may never learn who the godparents are.

Their names normally are publicly registered. But The Sun understands Harry wants all details kept private.

And yesterday the Church of England confirmed the Sussexes will file eight-week-old Archie’s birth in a register kept privately by the Royal Family.

A source close to the couple said: “People might think Meghan responsible for this whole privacy thing but it is Harry leading the charge. He wants Archie to be a private citizen in every way possible.”

Just 25 guests will see the Archbishop of Canterbury christen Archie at Windsor Castle. The Queen and Prince Philip will be absent at Sandringham.

Graham Smith, of anti-monarchy group Republic, said the secrecy move was an example of Harry and Meghan “bending the law to their wishes rather than having it applied equally”.

He added: “If they keep spending our millions and don’t play the game they are going to find themselves less popular than they have ever been.”

PR expert Mark Borkowski added: “This is what you’d expect a Hollywood A-lister to do — be antagonist to the traditional system and not engaging with media in any way.

“It is certainly a declaration that they’ll go to any lengths to protect their privacy.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 6, 2019 4:07 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 6, 2019 4:15 AM

Oh I see what MM is doing, she is already starting to blame hapless Harry on keeping the christening private. Watch this space, there will be more "this is Harry's idea nothing to do with plumpy Meg". Setting herself up as the eternal victim.

by Anonymousreply 88July 6, 2019 4:17 AM

Death by paparazzi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89July 6, 2019 4:20 AM

R88 I agree that fat people are bad. That's why Asians are better than white people who are generally fatter than Asians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90July 6, 2019 4:35 AM

'She's at least 130 lbs'? 9 stone 4? Is that fat in your eyes? Am guessing you are one of those tiny, dried up, wizened old women, 5ft and 90 lbs

by Anonymousreply 91July 6, 2019 4:37 AM

R90 is a little, ashy, short 90 lb Chinese woman who thinks everyone bigger than her is fat.

by Anonymousreply 92July 6, 2019 4:38 AM

R92 I'm not short. I'm 5'6".

by Anonymousreply 93July 6, 2019 4:50 AM

R51, you've just defined gossip.

If R11 and R12 were supposed to be jokes, the poster needs to try harder.

by Anonymousreply 94July 6, 2019 5:00 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 6, 2019 5:01 AM

R92 Oh, by the way, I was only being sarcastic about R88's brain-dead comments.

by Anonymousreply 96July 6, 2019 5:02 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97July 6, 2019 5:20 AM

Serena Williams: Meghan Markle Understands Why I Can't Attend Baby Archie's Christening

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 6, 2019 6:10 AM

Non pregnant Fugenie is about 150 lbs. Pregnant, she'll be the size of a Tesco's Superstore.

by Anonymousreply 99July 6, 2019 7:49 AM

Oh Beatrice, you missed a trick, there. If Meggy had been in attendance she's have been ON THAT STAGE with Celine, addressing her audience, with gratitude and kindness!

by Anonymousreply 100July 6, 2019 8:41 AM

I hear you, DMer, I hear you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 6, 2019 8:47 AM

Ok, I have a theory to explain why everything about Archie is a PR mess.

I think Harry is the one totally anal and butthurt about his son. Di's sons think the press killed their mum. When Georges was born the Cambs also wanted privacy but quickly realised it was easier to give the press informations and few pics than dealing with the paps.

Harry wants to give nothing, so at each fucking event the press has to negociate with the palace, the palace people negociating with Harry. That explains the mess, each time the Palace states that there gonna be no information or pic at all. Then they realize it's not realistic and give the information Harry allows.

Then there's Meghan who would like to show off her son but can't because of Harry. So Meghan post ugly pics on Instagram and goes to Wimbledon with potential godparents whereas Harry does a tantrum because Godparents are super secret.

With time, it gonna kill their couple and the relationship between Harry and the rest of the family.

by Anonymousreply 102July 6, 2019 9:23 AM

It's a pity he didn't keep the wedding private , too, R102 if we are to go along with your theory, instead of letting Madam organise the whole LOT of it so she could make the whole thing about her, and not just another royal wedding.

by Anonymousreply 103July 6, 2019 9:30 AM

I agree, R102, but trying telling that to the maniacs here, who have Meghan pinned as a narc control freak. A narc who hides away for months and resists public photo calls.

Be prepared for the outraged fraus to attack you.

by Anonymousreply 104July 6, 2019 9:31 AM

Uh huh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 6, 2019 9:39 AM

Today's cartoon in the Daily Mail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106July 6, 2019 10:09 AM

Well I'm one who thinks MM is an attention whore control freak extraordinaire (I'll leave the medical diagnosis to others) and I think it's entirely plausible, perhaps even probable, that the insanity over their PRIVACEEEEEE!!!1!!1 is Harry's doing.

It's not MM's MO (lol) to truly shun publicity/attention. It's specifically the reason many of us dislike her. Bullshit social media shenanigans from celebs are par for the course - quite a few of them bleat about wanting their privacy and the paps are so intrusive and omg woe is me, and quite a few of them would clearly die of thirst within 24 hours if the media and public truly stopped paying attention to them. Hence the sepia toned father's day pic and the Pinterestesque baby feet pic etc. I put MM squarely in that camp.

But it 100% fits that Harry wouldn't be playing at all when he says he wants absolute privacy. I remember Will and Kate being fairly ridiculous (not as ridiculous as the Harkles but pretty bad) when George was a baby, too. William and Harry HATE the media, that's not in dispute. Add to that the absolute mauling they've given his wife over the past year (a mauling I believe they've brought on themselves but I bet Harry doesn't see it that way) and I presume he's constantly having to be talked down from having a few Daily Mail reporters drawn and quartered in the public square.

More than anything I feel great emotion behind this decision to keep the names of the godparents completely private. It's spite/defensiveness. There's no rational reason for it. It doesn't matter who his godparents are, ffs. No one even cared until the ginger dummy decided to puff up like a rooster over it. I'm sure his wife would have been overjoyed to toy with the press and murmur about her privacy for a week or two beforehand, and then host a big ol' splashy celeb-filled event for the world's media and public to lap up.

It makes me wonder how long it'll be before these fundamentally different feelings towards media attention begin to cause actual strife between them. If he was smarter I bet they already would have. He would have questioned the feet shot on IG, the finger-clutching father's day shot etc. But he's too dumb, and I think he's still too far into "she can do no wrong" mode when it comes to Meghan. And she, being a much slicker operator than him, has every motivation to keep him there.

by Anonymousreply 107July 6, 2019 10:14 AM

"Drugs, penny-pinching and "Meghan the Menace" - it was all out there before the wedding."

Popbitch/ drugs/palace security/ Meghan's PR/ freebies/Madonna's ex assistant.

Ennjoyed that little recap, and the comments are good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 6, 2019 10:24 AM

Girls, girls...they're both freaks.

He wants privacy because he hates the media and doesn't know what the hell he's doing. She wants privacy because she wanted celebrity godparents, and word came down from the queen and the gray men that there would be no celebrity godparents. No Serena, no Clooneys, no Elton John, no Obama, no designer Nonoo, no Oprah...not that MeMe actually knows any of these people, but she thinks she knows them. And one last word from the queen and the gray men...no Jessica Mulroney, whoever she is. As a result, MeMe is not going to embarrass herself by telling us that the Christ child has a bunch of aristo nobodies and college nobodies as godparents when MeMe is absolutely, positively clear that Amal Clooney should be there. But the queen and the gray men said NO!

And now you know why everything is private.

by Anonymousreply 109July 6, 2019 10:32 AM

[quote] Blame Meghan, she's becoming the very representation of fucking Hallmark channel, even down to her mom-bod nowadays. She's the one making us trying to explain her inexplicable

She's making you obsess about her? There's a lot of losers that have drifted over to this site. A bunch of prancing ponies

by Anonymousreply 110July 6, 2019 10:42 AM

zzzz

by Anonymousreply 111July 6, 2019 11:03 AM

Why would these mythical grey men have said no to a celebrity godparent? Surely they would have vetoed Harry marrying Meghan in the first place if they were so omnipotent and so celebrity averse?

You do sound absurd, R109.

by Anonymousreply 112July 6, 2019 11:05 AM

Haha the paps are at Windsor for the Christening and the Harkles created this situation.

by Anonymousreply 113July 6, 2019 11:07 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 6, 2019 11:09 AM

Ha. Told you, bitches, Magic Marker got off the speed! Bitchh as blown up which she should have done when she was faking the pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 115July 6, 2019 11:12 AM

=has

by Anonymousreply 116July 6, 2019 11:17 AM

Can't wait to see pictures of the baby Jesus today and the dumpy Duchess

by Anonymousreply 117July 6, 2019 11:19 AM

R112. The gray men are not mythical. The run the show. They couldn't stop Dimwit from marrying Markle; however, they can prevent from anyone who may seek publicity or create publicity from being a godparent.

by Anonymousreply 118July 6, 2019 11:23 AM

I wondered where you were R115, when I saw thunder-thighs stomping down those steps to her seat.

by Anonymousreply 119July 6, 2019 11:25 AM

Watching it all and laughing @R119. I've seen what happens when speed is kicked they blow up exactly as she has can't believe other's didn't recognize the obvious signs of tweakdom.

I now think she's been driven insane by her hustling and it's consequences of being in nonstop hostile environments with a pissed off husband telling her off in front of the world, drinking and on anti-depressants. She got everything she wanted at a soul-crushing price surrounded by and served by people who detest her.

Was a laughingstock in her ill-fitting clothes and her scraggy hags at Wimbledon, pitiful, doubt she can recover today at the Christening.

by Anonymousreply 120July 6, 2019 11:42 AM

Privacy my ass, MM has been shoved into a private chapel, told "not allowed" into the main chapel in Windsor and obviously didn't get the celebrity godparents she wanted. To save face she isn't saying who the godparents are because she doesn't have Amal, George, Serena and Oprah. Oprah was probably the most suitable for the CoE but even she has gone quiet about Meghan of late, maybe all her new celebrity friends are starting to realise she isn't as wonderful as they initially thought. None of them want to be tarnished with bad publicity.

Amal and George have gone quiet too, the sucking up to MM seemed to stop after The Princes Trust dinner and her new collaboration with Charles. She probably realised it was much better charming Charles than Harry, Charles can give all the accolades and awards. Suddenly she's been appointed as a Special Envoy to the Foreign Secretary in the U.K., advising him on matters regarding media freedom. I guess Amal knows which royal is better to advance ones career.

by Anonymousreply 121July 6, 2019 11:42 AM

zzzz

by Anonymousreply 122July 6, 2019 11:51 AM

R122 are your psych meds making you sleepy?

by Anonymousreply 123July 6, 2019 11:55 AM

I've seen people come off long term speed abuse, and that is exactly what I'm seeing here. I'm not saying that is what is happening, because I obviously don't know, being only a member of the great unwashed that MM despises. But, what I am seeing is exactly what I've seen in friends who have had amphetamine addictions in the past.

Not just common speed, too. Diet pills. Ephedrine. And as the Adderall Troll says, Adderall.

No wonder the woman is an absolute headcase., if so.

by Anonymousreply 124July 6, 2019 11:59 AM

Are you OK, zzzz Troll? Have you been kidnapped by a crime syndicate because only you know the password to the vault? Have they toothpicked your eyeballs open Clockwork orange style? Are they forcing you to read the posts in this thread in the hopes of breaking you?

If so, I hope you are rescued soon!

If not, and you're overtly and repeatedly choosing via free will to come to this thread and post "zzzz," this is just a gentle reminder that you could choose not to be here, especially as it seems to bore you so.

For reals, you ridiculous "omg, this online gossip is lowbrow" prats - just don't come here if it sucks so much and the fraunzy (nice one, btw) is hurting you.

The solution to your suffering is at hand. Just. Don't. Come. Here. You even have the option of starting your own alternative topic! I suggest the 'Top Sekrit No Fraus Allowed! Only Intelleksheral Bitching And Tiaras!' topic. I even promise not to come and post about Meghan Markle there.

<3

PS. Thank you R108 - that was an interesting read. I used to read the Popbitch NL faithfully every week, and thems are some juicy nuggets in that blog post. I have absolutely no trouble at all believing Haz was sending his team out for gak.

by Anonymousreply 125July 6, 2019 12:02 PM

R112, As I and others have already posted, the celeb associates aren't CofE or even Christian. Serena is a Jehovah's Witness which eliminates her. Amal Clooney's father is Druze and her mother's Muslim, so she's not Christian either.

by Anonymousreply 126July 6, 2019 12:05 PM

Well Kate has a summer dress on, no hat. I'm rather siding with the thought that this is a naming ceremony. Especially when you read Scobie's little comment in The Independent. Hadn't we heard, previously, that Markle wanted her son to "decide" all sorts of stuff about his life "when he was older". One of those things was reported to be his religion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127July 6, 2019 12:11 PM

To add, just heard that the Frocky Horror pic will be released at 3pm UK time.

by Anonymousreply 128July 6, 2019 12:11 PM

Agree r121. Those celebs have gone quiet. Their management has no doubt done internal polling by this point and they realize that association with Meghan is pulling down their numbers.

R126, even if they weren't serving as godparents they could show up at the ceremony or for tea and cake afterwards. No, it's like a light switch went off and they're not commenting except when forced. Serena looked none too happy to be asked about Meghan yesterday (of course, she probably wanted the attention focused on her given it was her match).

by Anonymousreply 129July 6, 2019 12:13 PM

People don't get it. It's all about attention!!!!! Harry and meghan are loving it. I've said this before and I'll say it again. If the media and those dislike the sussexes really want to get at them then give them ZERO attention, like they don't exist. Dont report of them or their engagements at all. That will really wind them up.

by Anonymousreply 130July 6, 2019 12:17 PM

It's a good day to remember some life lessons from Queen Victoria.

1. “Give my people plenty of beer and you will have no revolution among them.”

2. “An ugly baby is a very nasty object and the prettiest is frightful when undressed.”

by Anonymousreply 131July 6, 2019 12:17 PM

Maybe they both wanted a private christening? Maybe Meghan wanted it private because she is embarrassed that the celebs have ran for the hills. Also, has anyone seen any proof that Doria is in town? Harry wanted it private because he wanted to stick his middle finger up at the press. Also, after his "Cambridge kids will be hogging the films" comment, he isn't looking for Archie to usurp even more of his fading popularity.

by Anonymousreply 132July 6, 2019 12:19 PM

The Kingdom Choir has a song for Archie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133July 6, 2019 12:21 PM

R127 I would not at all be surprised if something was offbeat about the religious aspect of this event. Christian piety not really on-trend or brand for these two, is it.

by Anonymousreply 134July 6, 2019 12:22 PM

Here is the christening photo as envisioned by someone on Instagram. People are pissed with the Sussex Privacy Shtick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135July 6, 2019 12:22 PM

It's Pride Parade Day in England.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136July 6, 2019 12:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137July 6, 2019 12:26 PM

The godparents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138July 6, 2019 12:26 PM

June 30 was the wedding anniversary of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139July 6, 2019 12:28 PM

Royal Sisters - Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie of York

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140July 6, 2019 12:29 PM

Charles and Diana - the early years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141July 6, 2019 12:30 PM

R114 - Will is probably pissed because (1) he really doesn't want to be there and (2) it ruins his Saturday when he could be spending time with his own children. Is Kate hiding in the car?

by Anonymousreply 142July 6, 2019 12:33 PM

Sussex Royal intrigue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143July 6, 2019 12:36 PM

@R124 yup! She'd been, obviously to me, tweaking hardcore since Deal or No Deal then later she chose to ditch the breast implants going for the high class too thin & rich look, which served her well in Suits then hooking through DC, Toronto, and Europe, as a bony ass cable TV star, applying sex magick to Handbag. I mean, Hazard, whoops, Harry, but by now his oxytocin glow is long gone he's sick of her. Looks like he realizes he'd been played. And looks like she has no F's left to give. Beware of what you wish for.

Her weight gain hasn't brought her any sympathy, though. It's because she played her hustle wrong.

by Anonymousreply 144July 6, 2019 12:39 PM

R142 Kate is sitting next to him.

by Anonymousreply 145July 6, 2019 12:39 PM

Please.

The Frauenpolooza Brigade here would be critical if the Sussexes had a media friendly event, too Anybody doubt that we'd be reading here "Archie is 7th in line, way down the list, and these media whores are using their child for attention, blah, blah, blah..."

With that out of the way, I do think that something isn't meeting the eye and ear with the Godparents thingy even though I prefer to believe that Markle learned her lesson from all the bad publicity from the shower and knew to avoid a making her son's christening a show folk spectacle.

I harp on it repeatedly and I'll do so again. That NY Celebrity Show Folk Shower was a gigantic mistake and its ramifications are still being felt by both Meghan AND for the likes of Amal Clooney and Serena Williamson. Although it was a stupid question in the first place, look how Williamson, at Wimbledon, had to publicly demur about the Christening.

I think Harry is at fault too.

Most of all I think it's apparent that William has no use for either of them.

This tepid saga is interesting again.

by Anonymousreply 146July 6, 2019 12:42 PM

Agree, Della, and yet surely there's some happy medium between vulgar display and cloaked-in-secrecy event. But these two plainly like drama.

by Anonymousreply 147July 6, 2019 12:49 PM

Is the Archbishop of Canterbury performing the service?

by Anonymousreply 148July 6, 2019 12:50 PM

I am pinning most of this on Harry, it's classic, ham fisted sulking. His stupidity got him burned in the media a lot growing up - Vegas and Nazis - and he resents it (while presumably remaining utterly clueless as so why.) So I buy the leak he wants his children to remain private citizens - wants to spare them.

That dreadful creature he married would probably have the child christened at St. Paul's Cathedral, if she could. And having a child with no title may suit her and no visibility may suit her. Less space to share when the snappers are around.

by Anonymousreply 149July 6, 2019 12:57 PM

"The Duchess is consoling herself by gobbling baked goods"

Has “become a compulsive eating machine, gaining a staggering 37 pounds.”

Markle can “barely waddle herself out of the house.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150July 6, 2019 12:58 PM

Supposed to be R148, but it means a three or more hour journey from Synod at York, and a three or more journey back.

Why leave Synod for this couple who didn't engage with anyone about dates?

Unless I see a picture of the Archbishop there, I remain cynical.

by Anonymousreply 151July 6, 2019 1:02 PM

Will is a whiny little baby who can’t put a dull smile on his face because he wants the world to know he’s irritated. Harry is also a whiny little baby (I agree R102 is right about who’s being controlling about privacy). Meghan, third, is a whiny little baby who doubles down on her bad media strategy in response to criticism. Kate is the only one of these four who knows how to buck up in a bad situation. I’d say she would make a good Queen, but due to her discipline I have no clue what her beliefs are (unlike the other three clowns).

by Anonymousreply 152July 6, 2019 1:04 PM

R150 It's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 153July 6, 2019 1:08 PM

Seriously, how difficult would it have been for Will to put a pleasant expression on his face for five minutes? If he truly wants the attention to go away from the “feuding foursome” he wouldn’t be acting like an unhappy diva. He has more in common with MM than he would like to admit.

by Anonymousreply 154July 6, 2019 1:11 PM

Maybe she is a tweaker? It really would explain much of her behavior this whole time. It's more than the usually coke, booze and weed.

by Anonymousreply 155July 6, 2019 1:12 PM

R154 - calm down. Will is driving the fucking car. He doesn't have to smile and wave when he's concentrating on the road. Will has NOTHING in common with Nutmeg.

by Anonymousreply 156July 6, 2019 1:14 PM

Talking about SHADE. A video series I've been repeatedly dissed for linking had a lot of very, very interesting Comments re MM drunken behavior at that tennis match including the real reason for her hat. "Not our DNA" was the screaming headlines on the back cover of a magazine a BRF member was reading nearby. Clues to the world?

by Anonymousreply 157July 6, 2019 1:15 PM

R154 Because Harry and Meghan are making the BRF look ridiculous, and a man in Will's position can't afford to be made to look ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 158July 6, 2019 1:17 PM

Pure Daydream : A blockbuster Godparent?...

Michelle Obama.

"Friend of Harry"- check

Christian?- check

A nod to Archie's African American ancestry?- check

Approval from Her Majesty? Hesitant, although she admires MO, but only after some thought and an analysis of the diplomatic issues - check

A hesitant Assent of MO herself? - check.

That would be a stunner, in a good way.

I could, however, take a running start, flap my arms, and fly over Lake Michigan before that happens.

by Anonymousreply 159July 6, 2019 1:17 PM

Why should William put on a smile, r154? Most of the public who keep up with the royal family despise Meghan and are probably happy that William is none to pleased to be dragged into this mess.

by Anonymousreply 160July 6, 2019 1:21 PM

It’s funny how this generation is playing the same roles as HM’s children. Will is Charles, sulky and self-involved. Kate is Anne, does her duty and can be harshly judgmental of others (goodbye Rose). Meghan is Andrew, perpetually involved with shady people. Harry is Edward, touched in the head.

by Anonymousreply 161July 6, 2019 1:22 PM

The Adderall troll and the Globe poster keep this place from veering too sanctimonious. A big thanks from me!

by Anonymousreply 162July 6, 2019 1:24 PM

R160 because the BRF needs to stay away from drama and play happy family to remain a going concern. Why do you think HM was laughing around with MM on their little train journey, for the fun of it? Will needs to grow up and take a lesson from his wife.

by Anonymousreply 163July 6, 2019 1:24 PM

Tiggy Legge-Bourke spotting leaving the christening, prompting speculation she's a godparent. That would seem slightly awkward, given her history with Charles and Diana. She's older now, but looks quite good.

by Anonymousreply 164July 6, 2019 1:24 PM

Where is Doria?

The Telegraph said there's only 4 members of the BRF coming: Kate, Will, Charlie and Cam.

It's fucking sad, usually Christenings are big family events with all the family invited.

by Anonymousreply 165July 6, 2019 1:27 PM

R164 would not surprise me. I don’t think the boys get on with their father the way the public thinks.

by Anonymousreply 166July 6, 2019 1:28 PM

R166 Yes but it would be a bit of a slap at Diana as well.

by Anonymousreply 167July 6, 2019 1:30 PM

Only four? Wow. So harry served as godparent to Zara's daughter but she either wasn't invited or decided not to attend this mess. Remember, Lena's christening was supposed to be private but, ahem, someone leaked it to the press. Mike and Zara seem easygoing but that might have cooled that relationship a bit.

by Anonymousreply 168July 6, 2019 1:31 PM

I agree, r163, that is the protocol for the Queen - to be above it all. But they always find some way to make their true feelings known. The public cannot stand Meghan and they are irritated at what they presume is the BRF letting her and Harry get away with murder. William's less than happy disposition let's them know that he agrees. Note, his poll numbers keep rising. People love his literal and metaphorical "scarfing" of Meghan. People are also questioning the Queen and Charles, saying they're weak, etc.

by Anonymousreply 169July 6, 2019 1:35 PM

So the photo will be released soon. Is M poring over the shots as we speak, looking for the one where she looks slimmest?

What color will she wear? I'll safely go with dark blue.

by Anonymousreply 170July 6, 2019 1:38 PM

We may never know what color she's wearing if she releases her pics in black & white or sepia.

by Anonymousreply 171July 6, 2019 1:42 PM

R169 Though it’s HM who managed to sustain the monarchy through the challenges to authority of the 60s and 70s and the Diana years. Sometimes it seems like Will and Charles forget they owe their positions to the continued will of the British people....

by Anonymousreply 172July 6, 2019 1:44 PM

R164 R166 There was no awkward history between Charles and Tigge, both Harry and William love her and she was a big part of their lives after Charles and Diana separated. It would only be awkward if Diana was alive because she was so jealous and vindictive towards Tigge. Diana spread some awful rumours about her including she was having an affair with Charles and he made her have an abortion. All these rumours were proven false and traced back to Diana. Both William and Harry have remade close to Tigge all these years despite their mother's attempts to turn them against her

by Anonymousreply 173July 6, 2019 1:48 PM

Am curious as to when a full color photo of baby Archie gets released. Odd that it’s been two months and we haven’t seen the kid yet...

by Anonymousreply 174July 6, 2019 1:52 PM

"Tiggy.....I just love that name. Actually, you've probably heard of my old website?"

Might as well add to the tinhat speculation: Could "The Tig" have been one of the little psychological tricks that helped lure Harry in? I know, I know....just having some fun with it. I mean, she couldn't have gone with "The Di," so....next best thing?

by Anonymousreply 175July 6, 2019 1:53 PM

R146 If they did exactly as the Cambridges and allowed the cameras there for arrivals plus released the names of the godparents there would be no controversy. It is no way comparable with the baby shower. Theologically, a baptism and the celebration of it is a community event regardless whether you are royal or commoner.

by Anonymousreply 176July 6, 2019 2:15 PM

I wonder if MM is frantically on facetune making herself look slimmer and choosing a basic bitch filter for her fans

by Anonymousreply 177July 6, 2019 2:17 PM

Omid Scobie posts Kingdom Choir lullaby for Archie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178July 6, 2019 2:19 PM

Will there be a lovely photo of Will, Hazza and the merry wives?

by Anonymousreply 179July 6, 2019 2:23 PM

Was just looking at the official family photo of Louis' christening. Meghan really does stick out with her olive dress.

I think she's one of those people who always has to be different, special, "original" in everything she does. A quality that would probably be highly appealing to someone like Harry, who likely has a similar urge to define himself, set himself apart.

by Anonymousreply 180July 6, 2019 2:24 PM

Harry wants Archie to be a private citizen in every way - except for the public funding giving him the lovely home he's growing up in so that his father doesn't have to dip into his private income to do it. What Harry really means is, a Royal Private Citizen, with all the attendant financial and social privileges, but none of the obligations and annoyances.

As usual, Harry and his wife have managed to surround a rather mundane and short-lived bit of royal PR that everyone would have forgotten about by tomorrow morning with HIgh Drama, exacerbating as they do so the issues around how much money the sixth in line is taking from the public to give himself and his family a really nice home, and shining a brighter rather than less glaring light on the hypocrisies of royalty.

William looked anything but cheerful in that one snap of him sliding through the back gates of Windsor. The expression on his face spoke volumes. I'm sure the only reason he was there was due to his father's and gran's insistence. He probably can't stand being in the same room with Meghan at this point.

The direction Meghan and Harry are taking clearly indicates separation and departure (except, of course, from the public coffers). And she has mangaged in one year to pull the brothers apart, alienate the rest of the family, insult the Queen, and call into question the value for money of the BRF. The nonverbal signals here are too obvious to miss.

The family had better do something, and soon. I don't think periodic sojourns of 2-3 weeks in Africa are going to do the trick because the Sussexes will still be on the public payroll.

Interesting, isn't it, how Harry found the perfect lever to springboard himself out and give him a channel for expressing all that pent-up anger and resentment?

Were I the BRF, I would already be in talks with the lawyers, government officials, and press reps about how to handle this when the Sussexes get back from Africa.

by Anonymousreply 181July 6, 2019 2:26 PM

R173 - Indeed. And in fact, when Diana spread that rumour, she found she was dealing with the wrong person. Legge-Bourke got the solicitors after her and Diana through her own solicitor had to issue an apology. Diana was a vicious piece of jealous competitive possessive narcissism, and Harry, true to form, married one just like her.

by Anonymousreply 182July 6, 2019 2:30 PM

R181 “call into question the value for money of the BRF. ”

This is the most serious thing, imho

by Anonymousreply 183July 6, 2019 2:34 PM

Thread is now grayed out despite 23 (?) W&Ws.

by Anonymousreply 184July 6, 2019 2:35 PM

Oh to be a fly on the wall for that little do. Awkward silences, averted eyes and mental scarfings.

by Anonymousreply 185July 6, 2019 2:39 PM

Bots/crap PR

by Anonymousreply 186July 6, 2019 2:45 PM

[quote] [R126], even if they weren't serving as godparents they could show up at the ceremony or for tea and cake afterwards.

They could also fly to the moon.

That has to be the stupidest fucking thing I've read in a long time. This is being held at the Queen's home. It's a very small, private event. They aren't going to invite everyone to "drop in for tea and cake". And stop blaming her, Harry is the one who wants things this way.

by Anonymousreply 187July 6, 2019 2:46 PM

The Telegraph's cartoon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188July 6, 2019 2:48 PM

R154 - The only thing William has in common with Meghan, is Harry. It's perfectly obvious how William feels about Meghan and what she's done to his brother and his family, and he was probably forced to show up. Left to his druthers, he'd probably have boycotted the whole thing. So he allowed his feelings to show without exactly making a huge show of it.

R156 - William was driving through the back gate of Windsor, something he's probably done a hundred times, not moving through heavy traffic on the M1. I think his expression had nothing to do with concentrating on the road. I think it expressed his feelings. On that, R154 and I are agreed.

What we disagree on is that William should have pretended not to be aware of yet another PR crisis brought about by his brother's meltdown via Harry's ghastly choice of a wife, and its impact on the monarchy, which just happens to be his and his own children's patrimony.

I say props to William for letting the world know that this is all Harry's and Meghan's doing, and that the BRF disapproves of it as much as the public do.

It's the BRF whose aisw William has to be on now, not his brother's at this point.

Harry and Meghan can consider themselves fortunate that William and Tiggy (who I don't doubt knows Meghan for exactly who she is after experiencing Diana) even showed up out of loyalty to the past. If Tiggy agreed to serve as godmother to Archie, Harry should be grateful for that, as well.

The christening has in a way mirrored the wedding: a second-rate affair with a few shres of royal trappings draped over it.

by Anonymousreply 189July 6, 2019 2:59 PM

Haddicts! Great name for Harry. And wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190July 6, 2019 3:00 PM

R187 Harry may be a bit of a shit but he has never acted this way to the British public or to the media the only thing different is Meghan so the blame is on her.

by Anonymousreply 191July 6, 2019 3:00 PM

Haddicts. Great name for Harry and wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192July 6, 2019 3:02 PM

R187 - Meghan is Harry's channel for this kind of thing. If he'd married Chelsy Davy or Cressida Bonas, this would never have been handled this way. They're feeding off each other's sense of victimisation and entitlement. And they've tarnished the monarchy which in the modern era needs every ounce of good will the public is willing to extend. Harry should have known better; Meghan doesn't care.

They're complicit.

And the BRF are complicit for exhibiting what appears to be total helplessness in the face of the Sussexes' bad behaviour. Because if you think the BRF aren't looking at those press articles screaming about the hypocrisy of taking public monies to support the lifestyle of what the two now claim is a completely private citizen, you're mistaken.

The BRF know exactly how bad this looks. As I said in a post above, they'd better think of something better than a few weeks a year in Africa to head off what clearly isn't a "phase" but is the line the Sussexes mean to take. I'm sure they hoped not to have to sacrifice Harry in the end, but I'm afraid they'll have to. The later it gets, the worse it will look. Harry will have to drink the dregs of the cup he's mixed for himself.

I'm sure his very rich Papa will see to it that he and Meghan are comfortably fixed. But they have to cut this pair loose sooner rather than later.

by Anonymousreply 193July 6, 2019 3:08 PM

He’s a grown ass man, r191. He can think for himself. I’m sure this is him all the way. Stop blaming women for decisions grown-ass men make.

by Anonymousreply 194July 6, 2019 3:10 PM

Chronologically he's a man...

by Anonymousreply 195July 6, 2019 3:11 PM

Harry is so dull and so scruffy with that raggedy beard. William was always his superior - academically, in looks, in understanding of their function and plain old wisdom.

by Anonymousreply 196July 6, 2019 3:19 PM

And we have the pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197July 6, 2019 3:20 PM

R194 Spoken by someone who has never had any experience of a narcissistic woman and their manipulation techniques.

I see this is a new narrative being pushed in the last couple of days, 'it's all Harry's fault" I can't wait to see what is said about him when they split and poor MM was the victim of emotional abuse by Harry and the rest of the BRF

by Anonymousreply 198July 6, 2019 3:21 PM

Well, Archie is interesting. Gingerhead it seems.

Who are the two old ladies? The Godmothers?

by Anonymousreply 199July 6, 2019 3:23 PM

All right then. Mom looks very appropriate and very nice. But William’s expression, ha ha

by Anonymousreply 200July 6, 2019 3:23 PM

R199 Diana's sisters

by Anonymousreply 201July 6, 2019 3:23 PM

Yeah, right, r198. I’ve never seen idiot men make idiot decisions just cause they want to. But it’s nice and convenient to blame the woman in his life.

by Anonymousreply 202July 6, 2019 3:24 PM

I love Kate pink dress.

by Anonymousreply 203July 6, 2019 3:24 PM

Group shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204July 6, 2019 3:24 PM

Will looks less than thrilled and Kate's smile looks forced.

by Anonymousreply 205July 6, 2019 3:25 PM

So all this mystery for that... Underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 206July 6, 2019 3:26 PM

William's facial expression - hahahahaha, excellent!

by Anonymousreply 207July 6, 2019 3:26 PM

Black & white but of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208July 6, 2019 3:26 PM

Little Archie is cute, looks pretty much the way I always pictured him. I see him in his teen years in Los Angeles, a cool cat with a hip, entitled, slightly brooding rich-kid demeanor.

by Anonymousreply 209July 6, 2019 3:26 PM

I love Doria’s hat. The baby looks pretty cute. Can anyone tell if it’s a baby born by Cesarean? That might be difficult, but those babies usually have a rounder head since they didn’t pass through the birth canal.

by Anonymousreply 210July 6, 2019 3:27 PM

Ah but MM is hiding her figure/weight gain. So no godfathers?

by Anonymousreply 211July 6, 2019 3:27 PM

Doria looks good but she has more class than her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 212July 6, 2019 3:27 PM

Tiggy looks old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213July 6, 2019 3:27 PM

The Sussex Royal post. Two photos and word salad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214July 6, 2019 3:28 PM

R208 - Archie is cute but his nose is huge.

by Anonymousreply 215July 6, 2019 3:29 PM

The second pic depicting the happy parents with their bundle of joy is a b/w one - quelle surprise ...

by Anonymousreply 216July 6, 2019 3:30 PM

Sussex Shade at work:

"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are so happy to share the joy of this day with members of the public who have been incredibly supportive since the birth of their son. They thank you for your kindness in welcoming their first born and celebrating this special moment".

Really? Are you fucking crazy? You've done everything in your power NOT to share your joy.

by Anonymousreply 217July 6, 2019 3:31 PM

They could photoshop Charles's red cheeks.

Archie is a baby who looks like a baby. 2 months old babies look all the same to me, except Archie is ginger.

by Anonymousreply 218July 6, 2019 3:31 PM

R184 - Yes, he's a grown-ass man. As I said above in several different ways, Meghan is Harry's channel for the issues he's never addressed any other way but acting out. But he chose a woman who joins him in this. This is a two-way partnership.

by Anonymousreply 219July 6, 2019 3:32 PM

R210 plenty of babies engage in the birth canal and still have a Caesarean section and the head shape of normal deliveries goes back to normal pretty quickly. The only way you would know if she did have a c/s would be if she told everyone.

by Anonymousreply 220July 6, 2019 3:32 PM

So that group photo was chosen despite William’s “I smell shit” expression. Imagine the ones that got rejected.

by Anonymousreply 221July 6, 2019 3:33 PM

Ah and turns out the A of Canterbury did the christening.

by Anonymousreply 222July 6, 2019 3:34 PM

Little Archie may be cute, but he's just not as cute as George was with his chubby baby cheeks. Tbf, Charlotte wasn't that cute either. Louis has got this particular happy disposition making people smile and laugh, so he was (and still is) cute in his own way.

by Anonymousreply 223July 6, 2019 3:35 PM

Archie looks cute in the group picture almost has a look of Prince George as a baby but in b/w one doesn't look as cute, more like a Markle with that nose. One thing, that kid is very white and has ginger/strawberry blonde hair.

by Anonymousreply 224July 6, 2019 3:36 PM

Beautiful room. Really a nice group photo for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 225July 6, 2019 3:36 PM

Archie is cute, Kate looks sensational flashing some leg.

by Anonymousreply 226July 6, 2019 3:36 PM

How did it get the ginger hair with Markle’s coloring? Doria looks the best, and seems that there was coordination with the creams and pinks.

by Anonymousreply 227July 6, 2019 3:37 PM

In contrast to the word salad of Sussex Royal post @R214, the Kensingston Palace post got it right. The who, what, where and why was stated precisely and professionally (see below).

"Today The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s son Archie was Christened at the Private Chapel at Windsor Castle.

This photograph was taken in the Green Drawing Room at Windsor Castle by Chris Allerton.

Seated (left to right): The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke of Sussex, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, The Duchess of Sussex, The Duchess of Cambridge. ​Standing (left to right): The Prince of Wales, Ms Doria Ragland, Lady Sarah McCorquodale, Lady Jane Fellowes, The Duke of Cambridge".

by Anonymousreply 228July 6, 2019 3:37 PM

So they coordinated the colors to be pink and creme?

by Anonymousreply 229July 6, 2019 3:38 PM

Harry seems to have rolled out of bed for the christening. Look at his shoes and socks. Ridiculous.

Meghan desperately trying to hide her weight gain - it doesn't work, missy. She looks like a walrus in that pic.

William's expression on his face is priceless. And Kate flashing some leg next to MegaTON - hehehe.

by Anonymousreply 230July 6, 2019 3:38 PM

R229 Someone really wanted a girl

by Anonymousreply 231July 6, 2019 3:39 PM

Kate does indeed look trim and thin ; MM does look walrus size

by Anonymousreply 232July 6, 2019 3:40 PM

Louis has a huge personality and average look, Georges was the cutest baby I ever see. Charlotte is a cute little girl now but not that cute as a baby.

Archie is an average baby with red hair. Harry has strong hair genes, the nose is totally daddy Markle.

by Anonymousreply 233July 6, 2019 3:41 PM

The baby's face says it all: Sweet Jesus, I got saddled with these two clowns? Won't someone help me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234July 6, 2019 3:41 PM

Harry describing his dream breasts to Rita Oral.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235July 6, 2019 3:42 PM

Swipe for close ups of the family group shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236July 6, 2019 3:43 PM

Mama Markle and Baby Archie. Her smile is strained.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237July 6, 2019 3:43 PM

There does seem to be that excessive smug in Harry's eyes. A little but in meghan but not as severe. I hope the bad press is getting to them. Hope meghan felt put out about how stunning Kates legs look.

by Anonymousreply 238July 6, 2019 3:44 PM

Well, close up is not flattering for Archie.

Forget what I said, he's below average as a baby. I hope he gonna grow up nicely.

by Anonymousreply 239July 6, 2019 3:44 PM

I actually don't think Archie is that cute. But then I'm not really someone who goes ga-ga over babies in general so I wasn't impressed by any of them. Except for Louis. Even my cold heart was warmed by what a happy baby Louis is. Even if he's not that cute.

by Anonymousreply 240July 6, 2019 3:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241July 6, 2019 3:44 PM

Close up of Archie. Pa Markle has his clone grandchild.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242July 6, 2019 3:44 PM

Lady Jane Fellowes looks perplexed and slightly amused, she probably can't stand being there

by Anonymousreply 243July 6, 2019 3:46 PM

Meghan is dressed correctly for once; I like the hat and we'll never see the dress, so whatever. Kate looks lovely and appropriate, Camilla looks quite grand, Doria looks lovely. Archie looks cute and like he's going to be one of those mixed race kids with very light skin and hair combined with noticeably African features. The photos are very nice, it's a pity the two of them couldn't make the most of this opportunity to ingratiate themselves with the public instead of alienateing themselves further. Everyone looks perfectly nice, it would have been delightful if they'd just not made themselves ridiculous beforehand.

But having nailed their "private citizen" flag to the mast, it's quite clear thatey Archie will never be Prince Archie no matter who his granddad is. They'll never be able to use the title, any more than Edward's kids could.

by Anonymousreply 244July 6, 2019 3:46 PM

Archie is a weird mix of Baby!Harry and Baby!Meghan, the worst of both world.

Well, it doesn't matter. Babies are cute because babies.

by Anonymousreply 245July 6, 2019 3:46 PM

"What the fuck do I care if my big day is private or not? I just need my nappy changed".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246July 6, 2019 3:48 PM

Doria is channeling the queen, right down to the brooch.

by Anonymousreply 247July 6, 2019 3:48 PM

Royal Communications. Thank you for telling us what we already knew.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248July 6, 2019 3:49 PM

This picture kills the private citizen story IMO.

by Anonymousreply 249July 6, 2019 3:49 PM

They want to be private but grand.

by Anonymousreply 250July 6, 2019 3:51 PM

I don't think Justin is a very appropriate name for an Archbishop, do you?

by Anonymousreply 251July 6, 2019 3:52 PM

The dress is too tight in the back and shoulders, look closer at the b/w pic. There's even something looking like a midriff bulge on her back.

by Anonymousreply 252July 6, 2019 3:53 PM

I kind of hate the body language experts but if I were one, I would note that the Sussexes put some distance between themselves and the Cambridges, who look stiff. William’s expression speaks for itself.

by Anonymousreply 253July 6, 2019 3:55 PM

Swipe for Harry vs. Archie baby photos. He may have Harry's coloring but I think he's more Markle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254July 6, 2019 3:56 PM

She’s clearly one of those people who chooses the photo she looks best in instead of finding the one where the overall group looks best. William and Diana’s sisters have odd looks.

Was Harry super tight with Di’s sisters after Di’s death? Like confidantes and visits once or twice a month? More than occasional family events? If not, the continued “Diana’s sisters” narrative feels very much like H&M really do expect to be “the people’s prince and princess” and think dragging Di’s family out over and over is how to do that.

by Anonymousreply 255July 6, 2019 3:56 PM

1. The baby looks like neither of them, imo. If someone showed him to me in a line-up of babies and asked me to pick out the one related to Hazbean, I wouldn't be able to. Agree with the poster above who said right now he's looking like a mixed race baby with fair skin and slightly African features. That was actually my first thought upon seeing the close-ups of his face. He's average-cute to me. Not SUPER cute but not a fug baby. Although I rarely find babies fug, some truly are.

2. Kate's legs and the slight, slight, ever so slight knowingness in her expression. GIRL.

3. Will's expression. L.O.L. His face is my favourite thing about the photo.

4. The black and white of Meg and Haz and the baby. OK, great, yes, this is exactly what i expected. Looks like a People cover. Whoop dee do.

5. Extremely formal wording on the IG post from KP, no? Or was there more than what was quoted above?

6. That cartoon in the Telegraph (note, not a tab) about the cyanide pills is hilarious.

7. Someone (probably Sarah, perhaps a puce-faced HM, lol) got Meggy to insert that bit to the IG caption about sharing their day with the "supportive' public. Fuck off, you two. Just fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 256July 6, 2019 3:56 PM

OK. so that's what you look like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257July 6, 2019 3:57 PM

Archie has his father's fair skin, red hair, and head shape. He has his mother's eyes, nose, and mouth. Let's hope he got her at-least normal intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 258July 6, 2019 3:58 PM

The B&W is so on brand. Harry looking adoringly at the baby and MM looking so adoringly at Harry.

You’d think they’d bother be looking at the baby but MM knows full well looking down with chin stuff is NOT a flattering angle for her right now.

by Anonymousreply 259July 6, 2019 3:59 PM

Harry was an unfortunate looking baby, ugly child and unremarkable teen. He was passable for a few years from his 20s to early 30s but now looks like a smug tramp.

Do we know if Diana/Charles etc ever showed favourites?

by Anonymousreply 260July 6, 2019 4:00 PM

I'm happy to see that biracial American genes are finally enough to see off those beady Mountbatten eyes. Phillip, Charles, and Harry all got stuck with them, but they were cut off in the fourth generation.

by Anonymousreply 261July 6, 2019 4:00 PM

I suspect Archie's hair is going to darken as he ages, you can kind of see it underneath.

Harry looks rumpled and good God, did he really wear those shoes to this?!

Kate and William are doing their best. I love Kate's combo look of the prim top but the short skirt showing her pretty legs.

Agree Doria is channeling the Queen down to the brooch, and going a good job of it, too.

The Sussex message, however, is a joke. The public was insulted and only their hard-core fans, mostly abroad, are expressing support. The rest of the UK public couldn't give two fucks.

by Anonymousreply 262July 6, 2019 4:03 PM

Were Diana's sisters named godmothers?

by Anonymousreply 263July 6, 2019 4:04 PM

I like how the Instagram caption gives one more FU by mentioning how they feel fortunate to enjoy the day with family AND THE GODPARENTS.

Completely unnecessary to allude but not name them in the post. The rest of the caption was completely sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 264July 6, 2019 4:05 PM

Archie is cute. He’ll have a huge, wide honker when he’s older but he’s cute now. Nose is all Pa Markle. Eyes mostly Meghan, dark and slightly crossed. Doria’s lips. Overall I see a lot of Thomas Markle who Archie will never meet and that’s sad.

Love Kate’s dress, did she wear it before for another occasion? Would love to see it when she’s moving around in it, lovely color.

by Anonymousreply 265July 6, 2019 4:06 PM

No one knows, R263 but it wouldn't be a shock, I suppose.

And yes, Doria looks great as usual. She's got a very sphinx-like quality about her, but I've never seen her looking smug with it.

by Anonymousreply 266July 6, 2019 4:07 PM

William's expression is priceless. It screams, "I'm here to keep the side up, no more!"

by Anonymousreply 267July 6, 2019 4:08 PM

Think mentioning that it’s the christening of their “firstborn” is a clue she’s pregnant again? Like here’s the first one, more coming soon. I don’t see why you need to say he’s their firstborn unless it’s some clue. It’s like no shit.

by Anonymousreply 268July 6, 2019 4:12 PM

Not a chance. That chick is a ONE hit wonder. She will not carry again. Archie is cute. Will never be Royal. BRF will not allow their blood line to include African genetics. These people travel with several pints of their OWN blood should they ever need an emergency transfusion.

by Anonymousreply 269July 6, 2019 4:16 PM

With the glaring absence of the Queen, Diana's sister's were the obvious choices for "family presence" and representatives of the aristo set beyond the Waleses and Cambridges, and I'm sure they attended out of loyalty to their sister's memory, not because they love Meghan. The photo is actually somewhat pathetic and I repeat that it mirrors the second-rate quality of the wedding.he

The whole thing, in the end, was less than the sum of its parts, just like the wedding, and far more tiresome for the public and the BRF than it was worth.

Props to the Cambridges for doing their bit. I'm sure everyone had a couple of glasses of champagne afterward and then left as quickly as possible.

by Anonymousreply 270July 6, 2019 4:16 PM

R255 Even Diana wasn't that tight with her sisters especially Jane in the last few years before her death. I remember reading before she died that her and Jane hadn't spoken for a few years because Jane's husband was the Queens Private secretary and Diana felt Jane sided with the RF.

I can't imagine that Harry and William were that super close to them after she died since they weren't when Diana was alive. I think they are being brought out for the whole Diana narrative that MM and Harry are trying to sell, hence Jane's bemused expression. Jane is far more aligned to the Queen and the institution than Harry

by Anonymousreply 271July 6, 2019 4:16 PM

Baby Archie looks adorable, seems like he might be a ginger.

Will needs to work on his poker face.

by Anonymousreply 272July 6, 2019 4:20 PM

"What's all the fuss about? I just burped".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273July 6, 2019 4:21 PM

"Mental scarfings" just made my day.

by Anonymousreply 274July 6, 2019 4:22 PM

Harry looks terrible. Brown shoes! I hate brown shoes! William is a better dresser.

And Camilla looks good, in the pic, she looks slim. Meghan looks wider than Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 275July 6, 2019 4:22 PM

Ha! I knew there was gonna be a blank and white pic. so predictable!

by Anonymousreply 276July 6, 2019 4:22 PM

Harry vs. Archie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277July 6, 2019 4:24 PM

Group shots at the Cambridge and Sussex christenings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278July 6, 2019 4:25 PM

Did she do her own make up? too much bronzer.

by Anonymousreply 279July 6, 2019 4:26 PM

Mom, Dad and Baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280July 6, 2019 4:26 PM

Some people are catching on to what DL already knows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281July 6, 2019 4:27 PM

Kate and Meghan both look lovely. I do think Meghan's smile looks a bit forced, though. Harry looks genuinely happy but she doesn't. She also looked uncomfortable at Trooping the Colour last month. I think she may have post-natal depression, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Doria looks great. It must still feel beyond surreal for her to be posing for photos with the British royals.

by Anonymousreply 282July 6, 2019 4:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283July 6, 2019 4:31 PM

Her dress looks very plain. no design.

by Anonymousreply 284July 6, 2019 4:32 PM

Kate is super nice and mature to respect the dress code after what Meghan did for Louis's christening.

by Anonymousreply 285July 6, 2019 4:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286July 6, 2019 4:35 PM

R284 It's plain Dior so, don't worry, it costs a lot.

by Anonymousreply 287July 6, 2019 4:35 PM

Meghan's stans and haters must be disgusted Archie is so pale.

by Anonymousreply 288July 6, 2019 4:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289July 6, 2019 4:37 PM

I think Archie is cute. All babies are cute!

But they become less cute as they grow. Meghan is pretty eyes so lucky Archie got them, instead of Harry's beady ones.

by Anonymousreply 290July 6, 2019 4:38 PM

Is one Di's sister a lesbian? The yellow suit + hat look very manly.

by Anonymousreply 291July 6, 2019 4:39 PM

Diana's brother is not there? The Earl of whatever.

by Anonymousreply 292July 6, 2019 4:41 PM

Harry is close to the Spencer family, I'm not surprised they're there.

by Anonymousreply 293July 6, 2019 4:43 PM

R293 - and how would you know this fact? Are voices talking in your head again?

by Anonymousreply 294July 6, 2019 4:47 PM

R181, R189 you do realize that this narrative is happening in your head? I mean, have at it, but when some of you express your interpretations of motivations or of expressions caught in snapshots with such certitude, I wonder if you ever enterain the thought that things could be just as easily be interpreted differently. Confirmation bias and all.

by Anonymousreply 295July 6, 2019 4:48 PM

Charles Spencer, the man who swore during his eulogy for the sister he refused to help that he, as part of their blood family, would do everything to help raise and protect William and Harry? He isn't there?

Earl Spencer, who, every summer opens up the family home for paying visitors to gawk at all things Diana and catch a glimpse of the island where she's buried? Absent?

by Anonymousreply 296July 6, 2019 4:48 PM

Goop herself is the first comment on the Sussex IG pics. A truly great day for Megs.

by Anonymousreply 297July 6, 2019 4:49 PM

They all look good in the official photo. Archie is cute. Meghan continues to live out her basic 90s magazine dreams with those b&w "candids".

by Anonymousreply 298July 6, 2019 4:51 PM

Archie is 2 months old today and we've seen him three times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299July 6, 2019 4:52 PM

I like Doria's outfit but I'm not sure about the hat. I know Doria has full lips but they seem a little extra full today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300July 6, 2019 4:54 PM

What was the Queen’s excuse for not attending?

Very sparse group, especially compared to Will & Kate’s 3 christenings.

by Anonymousreply 301July 6, 2019 5:00 PM

R301 - The Queen had planned to spend this weekend at Sandringham with Philip. She visiting her Sandringham Stud (the horses not the husband).

by Anonymousreply 302July 6, 2019 5:03 PM

That child is all Markle, looks wise. Tom Jr. Ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 303July 6, 2019 5:03 PM

A Lord Snowdon photo of Charles and Anne with a globe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304July 6, 2019 5:05 PM

R301 Hmmm, interesting. She could easily have changed her plans if she WANTED to attend the christening. She’s the Queen, after all.

by Anonymousreply 305July 6, 2019 5:06 PM

Kate and Anne are amused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306July 6, 2019 5:06 PM

R305 - why should the Queen change her plans? If Harry and Meghan wanted her there, they should reschedule. The Queen is the boss of the firm. They constantly seem to forget that fact.

by Anonymousreply 307July 6, 2019 5:09 PM

Pale summer suit, brown shoes and dark socks??? WTF? Harry obviously dressed himself. He needs a stylish as bad as his wife does.

by Anonymousreply 308July 6, 2019 5:11 PM

Really as far as the setting, the Sussex christening photo looks far grander than any of the Cambridge ones, which were set in smaller, less formal rooms.

by Anonymousreply 309July 6, 2019 5:19 PM

So the chapel seats 12....

Charles and Camilla William and Kate Diana’s two sisters Doria Tiggy

That leaves 4 seats assuming Harry and Meghan were standing the entire time..

by Anonymousreply 310July 6, 2019 6:03 PM

R296 GP is trying to drum up business for her GOOP brick and mortar store in London. Don't think for a second that she wants to be Meg's BFF it's just part of what a businesswoman does these days. Align yourself with public personas who you think would benefit sales. Meg is seen as one of those dolts who'd spend $200 for meditation crystals, that's all. And I'm sure wading into the upper-middle class new-agey lifestyle brand will really cement the Sussexes' popularity with the British public who pays for their upkeep. Though we all know that's not where their allegiance lies, it's with the American L.A. lifestyle crowd which worships GP as the grand doyenne.

by Anonymousreply 311July 6, 2019 6:22 PM

Camilla keeps an IV fluid bag filled with gin under her hat with a slow drip straight to the jugular. And who can blame her?

by Anonymousreply 312July 6, 2019 6:28 PM

R297 Is that because you follow her, maybe? The first comment I saw was from Michelle Visage. Or is my Instagram drunk?

by Anonymousreply 313July 6, 2019 6:29 PM

They used the same furniture as Harry's christening photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314July 6, 2019 6:32 PM

That close-up pic of Doria looks like she's saying "If Mama's Flower calls her over to the UK one more goddamn time! Ain't nobody stupid. It's all smiles for the camera, but I know these white folks ain't tryna see me and I ain't tryna see them! I done had enuff of playin' the game."

by Anonymousreply 315July 6, 2019 6:33 PM

R313, Gwynnie makes me nauseous; I don't follow her. For me, Michelle Visage iwas the second comment. Who knows how the algorithms work. I suppose I'm deemed to be a goopy type.

by Anonymousreply 316July 6, 2019 6:35 PM

My Instagram WAS drunk R316, or I was.

On the subject of Goop, she's taken on teams and teams of hardcore ex timeshare reps to build the London folllowing. If they are anything like the reps I know......Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 317July 6, 2019 6:36 PM

Harry's shoes and socks look so sloppy and awful....does he not have a Valet?

I think one of Diana's sisters didn't get the memo about the color scheme, that color looks more mustardy dark than pale pastel. Also, where was Kitty Spencer's father?

I rather miss the days of Pa Markle and Sammy Markle moaning and wailing to any news outlet who would listen about being excluded....what's up with that? Pay off or waiting for big bombshell? If they paid them off then wouldn't Tom Jr. et al be squawking about getting their fair share?

by Anonymousreply 318July 6, 2019 6:39 PM

Kate wore the same Collingwood Pearl Earrings that Diana wore at Harry's christening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319July 6, 2019 6:42 PM

I'm normally bored by Kate, but I really like her look in the official christening photo. I've warmed to the 80s headband thing going on right now and love how it matches her shoes.

Can't wait for the "Kate is a hussy" poster to swoop in and make pronouncments about Kate showing so much leg.

by Anonymousreply 320July 6, 2019 6:43 PM

Kate wore Stella McCartney and Meghan wore Dior. Quelle surprise!

by Anonymousreply 321July 6, 2019 6:43 PM

R320 - Kate wore a pillbox hat this time not a headband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322July 6, 2019 6:45 PM

George, Charlotte, Louis and Archie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323July 6, 2019 6:46 PM

Spot the difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324July 6, 2019 6:46 PM

Camilla likes babies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325July 6, 2019 6:47 PM

She likes children too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326July 6, 2019 6:47 PM

Meghan looks good in the christening photos. She can get her scraggly hair out of her face when she wants to, which tells me the “dangling tendrils” look we often see is deliberate.

Meghan’s crazy eyes have returned, I see.

Not feeling Kate’s headband or mixing red and pink. Otherwise, she looks great.

Lady Sarah’s safari outfit is making my eye twitch. What the fuck, man? Even a plain blue dress would have been better.

No other royals were there? No Princess Ann, Edward/Sophie, Yorkies, or Zara/Mike? That’s sad.

by Anonymousreply 327July 6, 2019 6:51 PM

Doesn't Meg's face look a lot less puffy than just the other day? And maybe it's just my imagination but the jaw area looks a lot fuller in the b&w photo. Maybe it's just the angle.

by Anonymousreply 328July 6, 2019 6:56 PM

I love Baby George curiously looking straight at the camera in R324's pic.

by Anonymousreply 329July 6, 2019 6:57 PM

Harry, Harry, Harry - THOSE SHOES!!!!

WTF!!!

Shame on you.

by Anonymousreply 330July 6, 2019 7:03 PM

Harry looks like a dumb redneck. Which I guess he is. Someone needs to rip those nasty ass bracelets off his arm.

by Anonymousreply 331July 6, 2019 7:04 PM

I love how Sparkle has seated herself as far away from the stunning Duchess of Cambridge as she can manage.

by Anonymousreply 332July 6, 2019 7:08 PM

R328 48-hour green juice fast, it's very L.A. thing to do before events like premieres where you're going to be photographed. With these fasts the first bloat to go is the face and that's usually what counts for the paps.

by Anonymousreply 333July 6, 2019 7:13 PM

It's comically predictable that the Sussexes always insist upon releasing official photos with their backs turned to the public. It's basic artsy but most importantly conveys the message about wanting the public to kow tow to them but not demand anything in return.

by Anonymousreply 334July 6, 2019 7:19 PM

Would it have killed Jane Fellowes to wear a woman's hat? I know she's probably going for barmy English country lady but not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 335July 6, 2019 7:19 PM

I will get flamed for saying this, but Doris’s hat is wrong for the occasion. It gives the impression she’s trying to hide her hair, which is not the impression a Black woman should give in an historic photo.

by Anonymousreply 336July 6, 2019 7:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337July 6, 2019 7:24 PM

I just don't see that, R336. I just see an ugly hat.

by Anonymousreply 338July 6, 2019 7:26 PM

Kate lights up with children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339July 6, 2019 7:41 PM

Would have made more sense to have Doria seated where Kate is sitting. But then Kate would presumably stand next to William, leaving Charles standing next to his former sisters in law... I guess that would be awkward.

by Anonymousreply 340July 6, 2019 7:44 PM

The Sussex Royal Word Salad. No mention of the people in the family photo. Very tasteless and unprofessional.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341July 6, 2019 7:45 PM

Word Salad troll, give it a rest. There's nothing wrong with that statement.

by Anonymousreply 342July 6, 2019 7:47 PM

Swipe for the christenings of the Queen's grandchildren. Peter Phillips is up first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343July 6, 2019 7:48 PM

I wonder if it is awkward, when Charles and the sisters meet? Of course, they managed the flight back fresh outta the morgue so a christening must be a snap.

by Anonymousreply 344July 6, 2019 7:49 PM

R340 Meg and Harry had Will and Kate placed off to the side like that so they could easily be cropped out of the photo.

by Anonymousreply 345July 6, 2019 7:53 PM

R342 aka Troll troll, just fuck off, please.

by Anonymousreply 346July 6, 2019 7:54 PM

This seating arrangement provides so much fun. The stunning-looking Duchess of Cambridge sitting next to lardface Meghan. Priceless!

by Anonymousreply 347July 6, 2019 7:56 PM

R342 = it doesn't mention the people in the photo (including the grandpa the future King) it's too long (a common occurrence on the Sussex Royal site), it's delusional (about the support) and it's not authentic (their joy of sharing?). Everything is wrong with the word salad. If you can't see the difference between the Sussex post and the Will/Kate/Kensington post @R228, that's your problem, not mine.

Oh, I'm not a Word Salad Troll or any other name you want to throw out there. I'm the OP of this thread. I have my opinion and you have yours. We don't agree and that's fine.

by Anonymousreply 348July 6, 2019 7:58 PM

One thing about Charles is that he sometimes has this oddly gormless facial expression. You can see it in the christening photo. The Queen always looks regal. So does William, to some extent. But Charles just doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 349July 6, 2019 8:02 PM

There are certain people who are naturally wonderful with children, meaning all children not just their own. You can really tell the ones who do, who have that "It" with children and the children themselves know it thus reciprocate in kind. Kate and Camilla come across as belonging in that camp. Then there are those who are only great with their own children or with children of loved ones. When dealing with other children they can wing it but it doesn't come across as genuine, and yes the children they interact with know this too. Meghan seems like she belongs to the latter, I do too by the way.

Kate always seems so genuine with children, she's in her element when mingling with them. That's a great trait to have particularly in her current and future position, the BRF should be thankful to have her representing the monarchy. Kate looks fantastic as usual today but her face looks tired, the giveaway being her left eye which is droopier than usual. Part of it has to do with aging process and how it affects the eye muscles, hopefully she can get it fixed before it gets worse.

by Anonymousreply 350July 6, 2019 8:09 PM

I love that Archie is a ginger. A little homely but I think that’s cute in a baby.

Doria and Will both seem to have smelled something unpleasant.

Love those colors on Kate but hate the wilted bow at her neck.

Are Camilla and Megs wearing the same dress?! Lol. Harry, put a different pair of socks on!

by Anonymousreply 351July 6, 2019 8:22 PM

What's that huge lump sticking out on Dimwit's forehead?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352July 6, 2019 8:24 PM

Doria got some Lisa Rinna lips it looks like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353July 6, 2019 8:31 PM

I thought other people saying this in the past were just being unnecessarily mean...but Archie does look like Meghan’s awful father in that B&W shot!

I don’t get the people who go after Doria. She’s just an older California girl who likes yoga and her dogs, you can tell that being part of this circus is not quite the golden years she would have chosen.

by Anonymousreply 354July 6, 2019 8:34 PM

Meghan looks good in those pics coz they have been retouched by her photographer!

by Anonymousreply 355July 6, 2019 8:41 PM

"Prince Harry, you know what you look like to me, with your good suit and your cheap shoes? You look like a rube. A well scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste. Good nutrition has given you some length of bone, but you're not more than three generations from poor German trash, are you, Duke of Sussex? And that facial hair you're trying so desperately to make happen? Pure hillbilly scruff."

by Anonymousreply 356July 6, 2019 9:04 PM

R314 I love that picture with The Queen Mother included.

With regards to the arrangement today, they could have placed Doria where Kate is, Diana's sisters behind her and William and Kate directly behind the sofa.

Glad we got to see Kate's lovely legs though!

by Anonymousreply 357July 6, 2019 9:10 PM

Bea and Edo were in Hyde Park last night to see Celine Dion. Swipe for the two bug eyed lovebirds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358July 6, 2019 9:16 PM

Doria's lips seem a lot bigger than normal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359July 6, 2019 9:21 PM

"I can't believe my brother married this creature and had a baby with her. Hurry up and take the damn photo because I need a bloody stiff drink".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360July 6, 2019 9:24 PM

R359 Her lips look bigger than normal because she’s pursing her mouth (maybe Archie let one rip and she and Will both smelt it).

by Anonymousreply 361July 6, 2019 9:24 PM

Anne, Diana and the Queen Mum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362July 6, 2019 9:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363July 6, 2019 9:27 PM

Edo is that irresistible mix of cute and walking bad news. They look like they just got back from a cabana somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 364July 6, 2019 9:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365July 6, 2019 9:29 PM

Harry needs some blotting tissue for that shiny forehead.

by Anonymousreply 366July 6, 2019 9:29 PM

R363 lol are they saying baby Archie and Camilla? Huh?

by Anonymousreply 367July 6, 2019 9:31 PM

Choosing a publicist is a really good way to keep the identity of the godparents secret and unleaked to the press. (Hahahahaha)

by Anonymousreply 368July 6, 2019 9:37 PM

Re Tiggy: “In 1998, Charles was enraged when Tiggy reportedly let Harry and William abseil from a 160ft dam without helmets or safety lines – a technique usually reserved for crack SAS squads.“

Good lord!

by Anonymousreply 369July 6, 2019 9:40 PM

It's not traditional for the royals to choose close family members for godparents.

If the Sussex Pair were smart (which they aren't) and they love bucking tradition (I think it's more like being obstinate for the hell of it), they should have named Prince William as godparent. He's the future King with loads of money in his future. Even if the brothers are no longer close, they should have thought of their son more than themselves. It would have sent a good message of family unity too. But like I said, I don't think they're smart about these things.

by Anonymousreply 370July 6, 2019 9:43 PM

Time for some Gary Janetti.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371July 6, 2019 10:08 PM

Runny Nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372July 6, 2019 10:08 PM

Runny Nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373July 6, 2019 10:20 PM

Don't lose your knuckle, there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374July 6, 2019 11:02 PM

Which Spencer sister did Charles date before Diana, safari lady or prim and proper lady?

by Anonymousreply 375July 6, 2019 11:12 PM

Runny Nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376July 6, 2019 11:31 PM

Sarah, prim and proper lady. She was quite attractive in her day. Diana was very jealous when Sarah dated Charles as she wanted him all to herself.

Her sisters were the ones who told her she had to go ahead with the wedding even when she wanted to back out because her face was on the commemorative tea towels. Diana was also estranged from her older sister Jane at the time of her death as Jane's husband was the private secretary to the Queen and Jane didn't approve of Diana's behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 377July 6, 2019 11:31 PM

This is my favorite photo from Prince George's christening. Very touching. It just warms my cockles. Kate and George look like the happiest mother and son in the world. When I toured Kensington Palace a few years ago, this shot was blown up and prominently displayed.

Also, the KP public rest room area had the most oddly delightful wallpaper, featuring cartoon illustrations of Diana..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378July 7, 2019 12:26 AM

Does anyone find it odd that Archie has exactly the same slightly inward turning left eye as his mother? I didn't think that sort of thing passed down.

Also, agreed with whomever above said that the Megstans must be furious that little Archie looks completely white.

by Anonymousreply 379July 7, 2019 3:25 AM

Harry's shoes are atrocious. He should know better, but apparently he doesn't. He should be wearing polished leather shoes, not scruffy suede shoes that he wears with his jeans. And lose the damn bro bracelets. They look ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 380July 7, 2019 4:49 AM

William's expression is no different than Charles'. Actually Will has managed a tiny, faint smile. Neither of them look thrilled, but not horrible.

Jesus Christ, Harry's shoes are hideous. The Coney Island bracelets he won at the ring toss are totally inappropriate. Harry's and his frat boy attire...it's your kids christening for gaaawwwd's sake.

by Anonymousreply 381July 7, 2019 4:53 AM

People...you need to get a couple of things back on track regarding Diana's sisters in the Christ child's christening photo:

Jane Fellowes, Baroness Fellowes is the one in the Panama hat.

Lady Sarah McCorquodale is the one in the pale pink.

(Not the other way around as was listed in previous posts.)

by Anonymousreply 382July 7, 2019 5:10 AM

R378, Kate had that fake grin on her face the whole day. And stared at the baby the whole time. William was cheating on her and she was going through the motions

by Anonymousreply 383July 7, 2019 5:36 AM

Drunken Camilla wore the same clothes, hat and jewelry to Louis and Archie's christenings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384July 7, 2019 5:37 AM

I get the impression William hates being photographed. I don't recall many if any photos of him that really flatter him... I should say, formal portraits... caught in the moment there's many good shots of him.

by Anonymousreply 385July 7, 2019 5:58 AM

No-one looked particularly happy to be there except Harry.

by Anonymousreply 386July 7, 2019 7:49 AM

The fact that the comments seem to have come to a grinding stop on this thread - just after Archie's big reveal of all days - seems very strange to me.

Only nine comments in the last nine hours? Odd.

by Anonymousreply 387July 7, 2019 9:39 AM

Ah - one of the Megstans over on the Archie is fug thread is crowing that Muriel is so horrified by the BRF threads (at #84, no less) that now only subscribers will be allowed to post on this thread.

If that's true, then DL is in for a serious drop in pageviews and ad revenue...

by Anonymousreply 388July 7, 2019 10:03 AM

Depends where people live R387. I'm in NZ and there is rarely anyone posting at the same time as I am.

by Anonymousreply 389July 7, 2019 10:20 AM

True, r389. But nine hours usually yields near a hundred comments on the BRF threads. Nine is...odd.

Ah well, if the Megstans throttle here, then we'll just take the discussion to one of the Megstan threads and I'm sure a VERY good time will be had by all regardless.

by Anonymousreply 390July 7, 2019 10:27 AM

R387 I've noticed too, very odd. Anyone got any idea why? you would think there would be a lot more comments since the christening.

by Anonymousreply 391July 7, 2019 10:29 AM

r388 I am quite sure Muriel crunched the numbers before implementing these latest changes.

Hopefully, this will finally keep the crazies--of all kinds--at bay.

by Anonymousreply 392July 7, 2019 10:34 AM

I know, r391. Hopeful Megstans are all over the Archie threads proclaiming Muriel is censoring the majority of the BRF posters. They claim that now, after 84 threads, NOW, Muriel the secret Megstan, has gallantly decided to cut into her own pageviews to whiteknight poor helpless Smugs.

by Anonymousreply 393July 7, 2019 10:42 AM

I'm ok with it if it keeps the crazies out

by Anonymousreply 394July 7, 2019 11:53 AM

I had to laugh when I read in the christening photo thread how happy some were that that thread was “positive“. Aren’t we supposed to be the ghastly fraus on this thread? Who comes to DL for gentle conversation?

by Anonymousreply 395July 7, 2019 12:00 PM

R389, yeah, I'm in Europe and there was always noticeably more going on when the US got up.

by Anonymousreply 396July 7, 2019 12:40 PM

R343, Thanks! I loved those photos!

by Anonymousreply 397July 7, 2019 12:47 PM

R379, I know a family that passed that strabismus down. Both parents have a slight wonky eye. There are three adult kids and they ALL have it to varying degrees. One son doesn’t seem to have it, but when he’s drunk, the eye starts drifting.

Just an anecdote.

by Anonymousreply 398July 7, 2019 12:58 PM

I think Megantoinette is awful and Harry sadly dim, but I find godparentgate utterly stupid and totally concocted by media.

Who cares who the godparents are? Media turned this into a thing. It's bullshit. Harms perceptions of the Sussexes but nothing more. They are doomed to an unhappy life as royals.... they're being made the villains of the piece and then they manage to make it worse through his childishness and her clueless or indifferent ambition. I can't decide if she doesn't get it or doesn't care. Leaning toward doesn't care, which is even worse for the reputation of the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 399July 7, 2019 1:01 PM

There are times when non-subscribers can't post in a thread and it's happening more frequently (off hours) since the DL changes have occurred recently. However, this thread seems to be OK now so anyone can post. Of course, I don't know how long it will last.

by Anonymousreply 400July 7, 2019 1:11 PM

Meghan wore her Cartier wedding earrings to Archie's christening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401July 7, 2019 1:14 PM

I don't know why white,cream or pale yellow seem to be the go-to colors for recent royal christenings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402July 7, 2019 1:16 PM

Philip was a playful father at one time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403July 7, 2019 1:17 PM

Wearing kilts on the Britannia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404July 7, 2019 1:18 PM

Will was once a royal heart throb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405July 7, 2019 1:19 PM

Anne with her husband, two children and multiple dogs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406July 7, 2019 1:20 PM

Archie close up. One of his eyes is turned in but it may be because he's focusing. Only time will tell if he inherited Meghan's weak eye. The color appears to be brown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407July 7, 2019 1:24 PM

Camilla looks good in blue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408July 7, 2019 1:27 PM

Some things I posted yesterday didn't show up for awhile. I wondered if the site was having problems.

by Anonymousreply 409July 7, 2019 1:34 PM

R409, It's still happening on some of these threads. The Christening thread shows 235 replies, but the last post showing is R184. But I remember reading more posts after that one that seem to have disappeared. I refuse to take it too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 410July 7, 2019 1:40 PM

Wooh hoo, Muriel's flaps have opened and us scallywags can join the thread again!

I noticed it was all the long -running multi-threads this affected.

Now, let's gossip. The DM caught Big Willie and Kate driving into Windsor at mid-day, so why does the clock in the official pic give us an earlier time? Not just the clock, but Big Willie's watch, too.

Pictures taken a while ago? Maybe. Especially as the Cambridges only stayed for a short time yesterday, as revealed by the press and paps.

by Anonymousreply 411July 7, 2019 1:59 PM

Posted this on Archie thread:

Flashback to Kate & Will's event:

(Not in any particular order)

1 Kate is way thinner

2. Kate's torso not 'hiding' behind baby's christening robe

3. Will is wearing appropriate shoes (leather, clean, matching socks and laces)

4. Will looks properly groomed: Fitted and pressed suit; watch (no "bro" jewelry)

5. Everyone is beaming, showing big, toothy smiles

6. Parents not cozied up to each other on sofa unlike Harkles' signature obsessive clinging

7. Kate's mother looks happy, serene and relaxed as opposed to Doria's hesitant, demure stance

8. Will's feet are placed in a manner befitting the formal occasion. Harry's feet are absent-mindedly and lazily crossed

9. Will has perfect posture. Harry is slouched.

10. Charlie's face looks less red

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412July 7, 2019 2:02 PM

R399, I agree about godparentgate. I think the media, though, just goes with whatever offers itself up to drive clicks, which the secrecy aspect did. I think there's a feedback loop between social media and the tabloids--they see what's getting traction online and cook it up into a story, which leads to more engagement; for example, William's supposed sourpuss face in the christening photo. (For me, he looked perfectly normal, btw.)

by Anonymousreply 413July 7, 2019 2:04 PM

R410, things have been a bit wonky lately, but I find if I refresh or click on dark circle showing the remaining unread replies (which normally was automatic), it all works itself out.

by Anonymousreply 414July 7, 2019 2:07 PM

Harry with his imperfect dressing and bro bracelets reminds me of the many men running around my town who dress like teenagers but who are pushing or beyond 40. To each their own, but it does look a bit ridiculous. I think Wills figured this out--when you're a balding dad, it's time to acknowledge that your youth ended years ago and put in a bit more effort.

by Anonymousreply 415July 7, 2019 2:18 PM

R407, lucky for Archie that he inherited Meghan's eyes, (one of her best features, imo) and not Harry's beady eyes.

by Anonymousreply 416July 7, 2019 2:21 PM

Seems I’m able to now, but there was an interval when I wasn’t allowed to post here because I’m not a ‘subscriber’.

by Anonymousreply 417July 7, 2019 2:23 PM

Kate is thin at all 3 kids' christenings. Kate has her figure back. The real reason Baby Archive's christening was made "private."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418July 7, 2019 2:37 PM

No posts on this thread in 2 hours? The day after the christening? Odd.

by Anonymousreply 419July 7, 2019 4:52 PM

Harry needs to read this meme. He may notice some similarities if she hasn't already sucked the life out of him and everyone else around her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420July 7, 2019 4:58 PM

Harry should shave off his beard. It's time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421July 7, 2019 5:00 PM

One of my favorite photos of Diana. I think her hair is spectacular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422July 7, 2019 5:05 PM

This Royal Correspondent has exclusively revealed that Harry's friend, Charlie van Straubenzee, is one of the godfathers of Archie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423July 7, 2019 5:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424July 7, 2019 5:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425July 7, 2019 5:15 PM

Well first they would have taken a number of photographs, so there's time there. Then they'd lunch. Then the photos have to processed. Then review. Presumably Megantoinette had to feed the kid. Then the selects. Then some retouches. Then final approvals. Then distribution. Four hours doesn't seem unreasonable or conspiratorial to me.

by Anonymousreply 426July 7, 2019 5:47 PM

This is a stupid question from someone who has been a devoted reader of DL and should already know the answer: Why is the original post greyed out and crossed out?

by Anonymousreply 427July 7, 2019 6:17 PM

R109 for the win.

by Anonymousreply 428July 7, 2019 6:24 PM

R137, photoshop that dress and hate into navy blue and it's Meg at TTC.

by Anonymousreply 429July 7, 2019 6:30 PM

R139, is that her personal tiara? Surely it's not from HM's collection.

Very lovely, it resembles the Fringe that Camilla has worn. I think Camilla wears it better, but that's in part because Camilla has the BEST tiara hair.

God, what I wouldn't give for tea and gossip with Camilla. And by tea, I mean a pitcher of G&Ts, with extra sandwiches. Let's dish on what it's like to wear those jewels.

by Anonymousreply 430July 7, 2019 6:34 PM

R149 is on to something.

Harry hates the press because he got bad publicity because he dressed like Nazi and played billiards without dressing at all. THOSE DAMNED PAPARAZZI! They killed my mother! If only if it weren't for them, my life wouldn't be so hard.

Well Harry, in the case of your mother, it may or may not be true. But in your case, you're just resentful because you got caught on film being an utter asshole. So, it really looks like you want the freedom to be an asshole at taxpayer's expense, you just don't want to be humiliated when you fuck up. You're jealous of the private citizens who were equally stupid at the same event(s). After all, THEY weren't embarrassed with their pictures in the tabloids all over the world. It's not fair! The difference is Harry (and this really is the key, so please pay attention though you're known to be a dipshit) - they're not asking the taxpayers to be their stand-in parents by paying their bills.

Pay your own way, and you can be as much of walking advertisement for excommunication and abdication as you like. But as long as you suckle at the public teat, you aren't the big independent boy that you want to pretend to be.

by Anonymousreply 431July 7, 2019 6:45 PM

R157, please go on - with the video series.

by Anonymousreply 432July 7, 2019 6:48 PM

R161, No. That's stupid and forced.

by Anonymousreply 433July 7, 2019 6:49 PM

The REAL behind the scene story (surprised nobody has narrowed in on this) is that by-and-large the BRF boycotted the event. The ones who came had to. The original calendar didn't work because HM and Charles and Camilla couldn't attend. So it was rescheduled. Thus, Charles and Camilla were forced to attend (in any event William and Kate were forced into it). But, notice how nobody else in the BRF was present. Even after rescheduling - the entire BRF outside of Harry's dad and brother took a pass and chose not to show up. Two calendar options, and they "weren't available."

Don't bother suggesting it's because they weren't invited. "Private" still includes the royal family members who love you and/or who have to be there. It turns out the list of "have to be there" was fulfilled by the father and brother. The list of "love you" must be even shorter than that.

by Anonymousreply 434July 7, 2019 7:04 PM

R184: a Megstan's gotta do what a stan's gotta do.

Get paid by the publicist to monitor the social media; pay people to downvote anything that's unflattering.

Why else would there be such an obscene PR budget? It's not tin-hat category to ask that question. How can Sara Latham need 140 POUNDS per anum for her social media management to send out tweets and instagrams? Does she need to pay for "interns" to "manage" the "online presence and reputation"?

by Anonymousreply 435July 7, 2019 7:12 PM

R204, Kate subtly stuns in that photo. She picked a color outside of the main white/ivory/eggshell and managed to look like a star. She's the bright light without intruding on the family's palette. Brava.

by Anonymousreply 436July 7, 2019 7:18 PM

R209 Archie's going to teach Charlie Sheen a thing or two.

by Anonymousreply 437July 7, 2019 7:20 PM

Here is a photo of r435. I had my agents at Scotland Yard track her ip address and take this photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438July 7, 2019 7:23 PM

R231 OBVIOUSLY Meg wanted a girl! Boy or girl - neither one is realistically going to be a future monarch. However a girl would have that "princess" emotionally connotation (particularly from the American fans who notably have no fucking clue how it all works).

The Americans want an American Princess, and even better if she's an AA Princess. Meg is going to jump on Harry's hobby horse as fast as she can in the hopes she can make that merching little fantasy come into being.

by Anonymousreply 439July 7, 2019 7:27 PM

Asking out of curiosity as a nurse, are the placement of his ears unusual? Because it's hard to tell with so few images available. Low ears are a physical manifestation of genetic syndromes such as Down's. It would be a great boon to that community of course to have Archie confirmed as a member.

Good photos of the ear height and placement on the head would be very revealing in this regard.

by Anonymousreply 440July 7, 2019 7:40 PM

R319 - Nice catch! Kate never makes a sartorial misstep.

by Anonymousreply 441July 7, 2019 7:59 PM

R324 The difference is that Archie's ears look low-set.

"Low-set ears are often a sign of a genetic condition (e.g., Down, Turner, or trisomy 18 syndrome). Microtia (small and underdeveloped pinnae) is commonly associated with another defect, such as CHARGE syndrome.21 Because preauricular skin tags and ear pits are associated with permanent hearing impairment in newborns, screening and close monitoring are warranted.22 There is a known association between ear and renal abnormalities, and a variety of syndromes demonstrate both ear and renal defects.23–25"

https://www.aafp.org/afp/2014/0901/p289.html

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442July 7, 2019 8:10 PM

R362, The waist of that dress is so dated, but the color is lovely. (It would be lovelier if it weren't so shiny, but I'm still enjoying it.)

by Anonymousreply 443July 7, 2019 8:17 PM

R404, there is a depressingly minimal display of kilts on this thread. Sure, let's celebrate the tiaras and the orders, but it really needs to include more kilts as well.

by Anonymousreply 444July 7, 2019 8:23 PM

There is NOTHING creepy about imagining signs of Down Syndrome in a baby's christening photo.

by Anonymousreply 445July 7, 2019 8:25 PM

R445, Glad to hear it.

by Anonymousreply 446July 7, 2019 8:30 PM

I'm surprised the Tindalls weren't there. If they can't stand her either then that's pretty damning because they seem pretty laid back when you see them interacting with other family members. I'm with the poster who said that Charles/Cam had found a way to wheedle out of it so Hazbean changed the dates to save face.

by Anonymousreply 447July 7, 2019 9:55 PM

I would like to see more pictures of young Archie. If he is the new ambassador of babies with Down's syndrome then this is wonderful news for the whole world!

by Anonymousreply 448July 7, 2019 10:03 PM

R407 - Archie has the epicanthal fold typical of Down's babies. (Not surprising because of MM's advanced age).

The Sussex's want a chance to "make a difference" and now they have one. A special needs baby in the royal household will certainly bring attention in the way that ordinary campaigns cannot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449July 7, 2019 10:14 PM

What is going on with this thread? It is like it has been throttled!

by Anonymousreply 450July 7, 2019 10:15 PM

Was his left hand photoshopped? It looks a bit odd?

by Anonymousreply 451July 7, 2019 10:18 PM

R451 - What do you mean? Next to the extra eyefold or the low-placed ears? Which part of Archie's facies are you thinking the hand obscures or highlights?

by Anonymousreply 452July 7, 2019 10:22 PM

R407, those are Mongoloid/Down's eyes.

by Anonymousreply 453July 7, 2019 10:32 PM

Look at the hand yourself, R452. I was not referring to his face or ears.

by Anonymousreply 454July 7, 2019 10:33 PM

R453, this would explain Meg's weight: Archie has trouble breastfeeding on account of his Down's.

by Anonymousreply 455July 7, 2019 10:34 PM

There's nothing wrong with this or any thread that can't be improved by tiaras and/or kilts.

Just saying...

by Anonymousreply 456July 7, 2019 10:39 PM

R450 What do you mean? Is it that withholding information leads to wild unfounded speculation? Or is it that withholding information leads people to figure out the secrets that you thought you could hide?

Either way, the best possible outcome for children with Down's Syndrome is for the Sussex's to announce that Baby Archie is one amongst them.

by Anonymousreply 457July 7, 2019 10:58 PM

Was Markus named as a godfather?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458July 7, 2019 11:16 PM

R434. Ahhh, I'm not so sure. Having to attend and family members just showing up is kind of odd. It's only a christening. I mean, are Zara and Bea just supposed to show up if they're not invited to the actual christening. What do they do if they're not part of the actual christening and they're not one of the godparents? Are they supposed to show up for tea and cake for 45 minutes after the ceremony? That's not really practical.

Charles is a jerk, but he has enough sense of duty that he would be there for Harry. Wills and Kate have to go even if they don't want to. The queen missed Louis' christening, so there is precedent for her not attending. And that's it. There were probably four to six godparents, but of course, we didn't see them in the photo. So that's enough people to attend at the entire christening. The only reason that Wills and Kate had a few more people at their kids' christening is because the queen and Philip attended for George and Charlotte but not Louis. Philip is out of commission now, and the Middletons have two more adult children, Pippa and James, and they attended. And Kate's parents were there for all three grandchildren And Pippa showed up with her husband to Louis's christening. So the Middletons have more adult children in their family whereas with the Windsors, there are only two, Wills and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 459July 7, 2019 11:43 PM

Why does this thread keep disappearing after posting a response? You have to do a search for it to bring it back, and then when you leave the thread, it disappears again.

by Anonymousreply 460July 7, 2019 11:58 PM

R460, you have to save it (the red eye) and then ww every answer. Megstans are very hostile to and bitter about these threads.

Their PR person gets paid 140,000 pounds (not dollars!) to manage Meg's social media. For that amount of money she'd be an idiot not to have her interns downvote any thread that's not flattering to the Duchess of Excess.

by Anonymousreply 461July 8, 2019 12:16 AM

This otherwise entertaining thread has become a trainwreck. I'm almost ashamed to post on it, at this point, and I've already run out of my FFs for the day.

by Anonymousreply 462July 8, 2019 12:44 AM

For those of us who genuinely care about children with disabilities, this may be a historic moment.

It's shameful that people once hid their sexuality. It's similarly shameful to hide a beloved child with Down's syndrome.

Love is love.

by Anonymousreply 463July 8, 2019 1:11 AM

Hey Markle pr goons...get the hell out. You're fucking up things. Go get Harry a new pair of shoes.

by Anonymousreply 464July 8, 2019 1:22 AM

If you look at Rach as a baby, her ears also look pretty low. Archie, Harrys son, is likely fine. His parents, likely not so much. Harry dresses like someone with a substance abuse issue. She seems unhinged and motherhood has made it worse.

by Anonymousreply 465July 8, 2019 1:27 AM

R407, the eyes suggest Down Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 466July 8, 2019 1:27 AM

What about the eyes? Could you explain more, please?

by Anonymousreply 467July 8, 2019 1:48 AM

R467, Sure. Basically, the epicanthic fold that Archie has is typical of Down Syndrome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468July 8, 2019 1:51 AM

R468, now look at Archie's eyes. Notice how they have the same problem with the eye fold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469July 8, 2019 1:52 AM

I am sure William would not want to be a godparent to Archie.

by Anonymousreply 470July 8, 2019 1:55 AM

Why wouldn't Williams be proud to be godparent to his special needs nephew?

Here's more on the thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471July 8, 2019 1:56 AM

[quote] Asking out of curiosity as a nurse, are the placement of his ears unusual? Because it's hard to tell with so few images available. Low ears are a physical manifestation of genetic syndromes such as Down's. It would be a great boon to that community of course to have Archie confirmed as a member.

There is nothing wrong with him. You're a jackass

by Anonymousreply 472July 8, 2019 2:28 AM

Freak and Flame R440

by Anonymousreply 473July 8, 2019 2:29 AM

Holy Shit

R440 is a fucking cunt

They posted

428, 429, 430, 431, 432, 433, 434, 435, 436, 437

439, 440, 441, 442, 443, 444

446, 448, 449, 452, 453, 455, 456, 457, 461, 462, 463, 466, 468, 469, 471

And they also started a thread about a member of the Royal Family having a child with retardation

FREAK and FLAME this loser

by Anonymousreply 474July 8, 2019 2:37 AM

Yoooo hoooooo, anyone here?

by Anonymousreply 475July 8, 2019 2:45 AM

R462, yeah, someone's trying to troll or derail with all the Downs syndrome bs.

by Anonymousreply 476July 8, 2019 5:02 AM

Did we have to deal with all the downs conjecture about 6-7 threads ago? It derailed the thread for a long time. I believe it was two so called "nurses" arguing over it (or just one who was extra crazy).

by Anonymousreply 477July 8, 2019 5:22 AM

Stand to attention bitches, he's back and still hot even though a little rotund...just more to love

R440 seriously are you 12 because if you were a nurse you to know that Archie isn't a Downs and whoever said low set years mean syndrome need to have a look around because there are plenty of people with low set ears. Anyone who watches Love Island, have a look at Micheal Griffiths ears and how little and low they are and he doesn't have Down syndrome. Neither do hooded eyes, haven't we all been through this with Louis a year ago

Now grow up pay attention, RandyAndy is looking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478July 8, 2019 7:05 AM

It's tiara time. As many have said here, Camilla has the best tiara hair and the Greville sits beautifully perched on her magnificent flicks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479July 8, 2019 7:12 AM

The mysterious Jardine Star brooch. The Queen was left this brooch by Lady Jardine in 1981, yet there was no Lady Jardine that anyone can find at that time who died. The Queen wears this brooch quite frequently, it seems to be a favourite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480July 8, 2019 7:21 AM

Has the thread been changed to subscriber only, maybe? That could be a good thing!

by Anonymousreply 481July 8, 2019 10:03 AM

R481 nobody is posting here much so maybe it is subscription

by Anonymousreply 482July 8, 2019 10:36 AM

Got it, so the purported nurses should be blocked.

So Dim & Duch have their trip to Africa coming up and the Cambs are off to Asia. Should be an exciting fall.

by Anonymousreply 483July 8, 2019 11:22 AM

I crept over to the Archie's christening thread and see all the middle aged women are posting there now (and rapidly started going mental once someone complained about Meghan about 20 posts in). To complain about 'Pointless Bitchery' while here at DL is pure stupidity. Hopefully Muriel will make any thread about the Royals subscriber only and these interlopers will drift off to another forum.

by Anonymousreply 484July 8, 2019 11:26 AM

I would rather have fewer posts and have delicious snark return to these threads.

by Anonymousreply 485July 8, 2019 11:27 AM

No,r485. Muriel is killing these money-making threads, OBVIOUSLY.

Q is -why?

by Anonymousreply 486July 8, 2019 12:18 PM

R486, I gave up (temporarily) after some asshole started filling the threads with idiotic stuff about Down's Syndrome. I think it's just someone trying to get the threads closed. Threads about the Royal really seem to set some people off: I don't know why. Anyway, I have to work, so I'm off for the day.

by Anonymousreply 487July 8, 2019 12:57 PM

R484 I agree. Tired of all the talk about pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, weight gain/loss and bizarre conjecture. Oh, and the nicknames.

by Anonymousreply 488July 8, 2019 12:58 PM

The Down's speculation was baseless and bad taste. Even for here. And I say that as someone who can't refer to her as other than Megantoinette.

by Anonymousreply 489July 8, 2019 1:03 PM

Have the Meghan's super fans FFd the BRF threads (along with posting inappropriate comments to stir up trouble) so that they've been made subscriber only? They seem quite happy about it on the Archie's Christening thread. Very disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 490July 8, 2019 1:59 PM

^Is the troll troll the one FFing everything?

by Anonymousreply 491July 8, 2019 2:00 PM

[quote] I say that as someone who can't refer to her as other than Megantoinette.

Looks like we've located the retard.

by Anonymousreply 492July 8, 2019 2:05 PM

R489, pretty sure the down syndrome poster was a troll, but it will have to remain my own conspiracy theory because I'm too lazy to do the forensics on whether they were the same one posting all the DS comments here plus yakking about it on the Archie christening thread.

I was amused to see that thread go from sunshine and rainbows ("it's so positive here!") to full on conspiracy theory--seems everyone in the picture has been photoshopped in, lol.

by Anonymousreply 493July 8, 2019 3:41 PM

There is a new thread. I'll try to link but haven't done it before. It's called Sussexes, Cambridges and Waleses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494July 8, 2019 3:52 PM

54 posters, 494 posts. This is a private chat room.

by Anonymousreply 495July 8, 2019 3:55 PM

Where are posters going to go?

by Anonymousreply 496July 8, 2019 4:00 PM

I don't get it. The nutters weren't paying, so maybe they can no longer post? That would be a relief.

Any royal news today? Haven't run across anything myself.

by Anonymousreply 497July 8, 2019 8:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498July 8, 2019 8:51 PM

The PR trolls will all subscribe, the Harry Styles/spazz/Megs troll has posted tens of thousands of times over years on 2 topics for the most part.

Signing up is $1.50, not much of a deterrent for the CB crowd. We shall see. The thread is almost stopped, whose interest does that serve?

This board used to be so busy a few years back, with each change it seems to decline in activity. Bit sad.

by Anonymousreply 499July 9, 2019 12:15 AM

Yes it is sad that obsessive humorless twats have been stopped from posting on DL.

by Anonymousreply 500July 9, 2019 12:27 AM

So the other thread, Sussexes, Cambs, etc, is closed already?

by Anonymousreply 501July 9, 2019 12:32 AM

R499, I have been around since early 2004. The demise of Datalounge was discussed even back then.

by Anonymousreply 502July 9, 2019 12:52 AM

Believe what you like, R502. What has gone on with this thread and deletions of related threads does not bode well.

by Anonymousreply 503July 9, 2019 12:59 AM

The Little Archie Christening Photo part 2 is a better thread. Not sure what is happening here, would some of the originals on here care to enlighten us why it started slowing down straight after the christening?

by Anonymousreply 504July 9, 2019 1:18 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505July 9, 2019 2:19 AM

OK. I'm in a dream world. apparently. Not the first time. Watch this lovely footage of the Queen and Barbra (the possible first Jewish princess) back in 1975. The diamonds! I've never been a big fan of diamonds, but for once, I think I get them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506July 9, 2019 2:20 AM

R504 Because no-one actually gives a shit about Archie. It's all about the whirlwind of drama his crazy family is madly delivering.

by Anonymousreply 507July 9, 2019 2:34 AM

R506 What a fantastic find. It’s so beautifully filmed. A bit strange to see Her Majesty, diamonds blazing, in that rather ordinary-looking theater lobby. And the famous faces – Jimmy Stewart, Lee Remick, and an old favorite of mine, Deborah Raffin! Streisand seemed very subdued and respectful; finally she meets a more important Queen than herself.

by Anonymousreply 508July 9, 2019 2:46 AM

R460 Because the Megstans don't like it. They downvote it as it shows the Duchess of Griftenstein in a poor light.

by Anonymousreply 509July 9, 2019 3:14 AM

[quote]I have been around since early 2004. The demise of Datalounge was discussed even back then.

Me too - it is often predicted but never comes to fruition.

My guess is that making this post a subscriber only is an attempt to get more people to subscribe in order to post in it. This is backed up by several other extremely active threads becoming subscriber only. Should the "replacement" Archie threads become successful I expect they will be subscriber only. From past experience, DL only makes changes in order to get more $$$.

by Anonymousreply 510July 9, 2019 6:56 AM

The strategy does not seem to be working.

by Anonymousreply 511July 9, 2019 11:34 AM

511 replies, yet only 55 posters tells you all you need to know about these threads. Keep at it pre-teens (and those who are just mentally pre-teen). Remember, should you try to lift your parent's credit card to keep posting here, when they get the bill, call the bank, and ask about the charge, they are going to find out you've joined a gay gossip board.

Oh, to be a fly on that wall!

by Anonymousreply 512July 9, 2019 11:49 AM

R512 wow you are spending way too much time worrying about how many posters are on here.

Most importantly only a homophobic person would think it was scandalous for someone younger to be on a gay gossip board, fucking asshole!

by Anonymousreply 513July 9, 2019 12:02 PM

r513, gentle lamb, those stats, a new feature, are in the upper left hand corner of thetop of the page.

by Anonymousreply 514July 9, 2019 12:13 PM

A great bitch slap in the Telegraph this morning, in yet another column about the Sussex' unrealistic demands for privacy:

Take the attempt to stage-manage the announcement of Archie’s arrival, a perfectly natural, happy event, which one would generally expect to have been announced publicly, amid considerable elation, [bold]like the births of the three Cambridge children. [/bold]

Apparently Madame's security was instructing people not to take photographs of the (portly) Duchess at Wimbledon.

by Anonymousreply 515July 9, 2019 12:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516July 9, 2019 12:48 PM

I wonder if Meghan was less concerned with privacy than with the prospect of people taking candid and perhaps unflattering photos of her.

by Anonymousreply 517July 9, 2019 2:16 PM

As one who loves British royal family gossip past and present, but dislikes the (for lack of a better word, sorry) frau blather, should I stay away from the “little Archie’s christening photo” thread? Can someone advise?

by Anonymousreply 518July 9, 2019 4:02 PM

Far away r518 if you don't want the young, racist crazies. Surprised that thread is still around. Better and far more places to dish. Likely not here though. Just as well. These young assholes don't belong here. Check out Royal Dish. Maria keeps a tight ship, though for the most part it works out for all.

by Anonymousreply 519July 9, 2019 5:03 PM

What I would like is to avoid is discussions of weight, pregnancy, breastfeeding, “my sister-in-law is a Narc,” etc. Oh and nicknames.

by Anonymousreply 520July 9, 2019 6:20 PM

R518, the Archie christening thread is basically what this thread was before it got throttled.

by Anonymousreply 521July 9, 2019 6:35 PM

R506, charming footage. Barbra looked gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 522July 9, 2019 6:46 PM

Last night, I thought I saw this thread was nearing the 600 mark, but I've been at work all day (and I behave myself, and don't check DL while I'm working). Some kind person was going to start a new thread ("Sussexes, Cambridges and Wales", I believe) but that led to a dead link. Anyway, any threads regarding the BRF seem to attract some lunatics. I really mind the fangurls less than the strange people who are determined to close all these threads. I'm always accused of being either a teenage girl or a middle aged woman, while I'm just a gay guy. I guess telling me I'm female is the ultimate insult. Silly. I would mind it less if the 'ignore' button were again working. Hopefully, soon. If I post on the other thread, I'll do what I always do (if possible) and ignore the more deluded posts. On to those fabled Toad Hut tunnels!

by Anonymousreply 523July 10, 2019 1:07 AM

What's going on with Archie's eyes? Has anyone noticed they don't have the inside corners?

by Anonymousreply 524July 10, 2019 1:15 AM

Wow, r506. Thanks for posting that.

That sudden hush when QEII reaches the top of the stairs and begins to shake hands is amazing.

Dominick Dunne said that Jackie O had that same effect on a crowd when she entered a room; a sudden hush.

by Anonymousreply 525July 10, 2019 1:44 AM

R516 wow that is a really bad look, all those seats empty around her and you know people queue up for so long to get into matches especially Serena Williams playing. The contrast with Kate at one of the outer courts the other day is glaring.

by Anonymousreply 526July 10, 2019 2:37 AM

R506, the tiara is so blindingly beautiful it's hard to look at anything else.

by Anonymousreply 527July 10, 2019 3:22 AM

R506 R527 It's incredible! Imagine how many diamonds are in the Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik Tiara to make it sparkle like that!

by Anonymousreply 528July 10, 2019 3:26 AM

I would like to add to the thanks R506. The Queen did look that overused word ‘stunning’, that evening. And that tiara!

by Anonymousreply 529July 10, 2019 4:22 AM

The Archie Christening thread started out with a bunch of middle aged women cooing over the baby photos, then devolved into a conspiracy theorists wet dream about all the photoshop. I haven't been there since so not sure what's happening in thread 2. I would not recommend it after more foray into thread 1.

by Anonymousreply 530July 10, 2019 6:00 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531July 10, 2019 11:23 AM

Yes, because proper comportment should be called out by a fucking self admitted drug addict.

by Anonymousreply 532July 10, 2019 11:39 AM

I know R532, how did that junkie piece of shit get involved in this (piers morgan, that's how). But still she must have a list prepared. She complained about everything, even the baby shower. Piers must have got together with her to tell her what to say. He's a cunt and a traitor to his country (really he is, google piers morgan, iraqi photos). I don't know how he has a job after he pulled that shit. He should have been hounded into obscurity. Instead CNN hired him

But despite all of that, Tatum wasn't wrong about what she said. I bet Tatum gets high with the money she's earning

by Anonymousreply 533July 10, 2019 11:49 AM

Good for Tatum. She's very plainspoken, isn't she? I wonder if she'll be "cancelled" now.

by Anonymousreply 534July 10, 2019 12:29 PM

So the Cambridges are at the Polo today, pip pip.

Does Harry even play polo anymore?

by Anonymousreply 535July 10, 2019 2:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536July 10, 2019 2:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537July 10, 2019 2:24 PM

Kate and Prince Louis are at the polo and Meghan has turned up too with Archie

by Anonymousreply 538July 10, 2019 2:27 PM

R531, I love it! I idolized Tatum when I was a kid. She's been through a lot, glad to see she's still alive and bitching.

by Anonymousreply 539July 10, 2019 2:32 PM

Tatum has a very down-to-earth way of speaking. No airs about her, that’s for sure.

by Anonymousreply 540July 10, 2019 2:52 PM

I’m alone in here but what the hell. Meghan and Archie are at the Polo, and Harry is indeed playing, against his brother! Great action-packed scene for the soap opera!

by Anonymousreply 541July 10, 2019 3:00 PM

Tatum O’Neal becoming an addict was the expected course in life due to her father being Ryan O’Neal. No one has anything good to say about RO as both actor and father. His other kid with Farrah is also majorly fucked up addict who’s a criminal to boot.

Just because TO was an addict who’s also likely dealing with mental health issues, it doesn’t automatically dismiss her views as incorrect. If there’s one thing she knows about, it’s fame and press coverage. She’s dealt with it since she was known as a child actor prodigy, on top of her dad’s and McEnroe’s fame.

by Anonymousreply 542July 10, 2019 3:14 PM

We now have photos of Meghan with the baby, hanging with Kate and her children. Markle wins a point.

by Anonymousreply 543July 10, 2019 3:17 PM

Kate is having a fabulous hair day, thick and lush waves. It must be humid. Meanwhile Meghan looks to be wearing a wig again. There is just no competing with Kate when it comes to hair, height, and slenderness.

by Anonymousreply 544July 10, 2019 3:21 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545July 10, 2019 4:23 PM

Is the green burlap sack from Dior or Givenchy?

by Anonymousreply 546July 10, 2019 4:25 PM

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Kate should have stood up and cooed at little Archie. It would’ve been the right thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 547July 10, 2019 4:42 PM

Meghan is 6 months pregnant, judging by the pictures in the $500 olive green tent dress from the Army surplus store. She has on a new "fall" with long straggly hair, California style.

by Anonymousreply 548July 10, 2019 5:35 PM

“Fall” - Haven’t heard that term in years.

by Anonymousreply 549July 10, 2019 5:57 PM

Because she looks like a Valley Girl at the Topanga Mall in 1970.

by Anonymousreply 550July 10, 2019 6:14 PM

To me more like a present-day Santa Monica hipster mom.

by Anonymousreply 551July 10, 2019 6:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552July 10, 2019 10:58 PM

No, no. I can still plant a tree...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553July 11, 2019 11:48 AM

R553 The Queen is fabulous, what a trooper!

by Anonymousreply 554July 11, 2019 1:41 PM

"Ugh. Fucking Piers." - M, perusing the DM today.

by Anonymousreply 555July 11, 2019 5:40 PM

[quote]No, no. I can still plant a tree...

You tell ‘em, Queenie!

by Anonymousreply 556July 11, 2019 6:29 PM

I agree with Wendy here. Meghan when you step outside into any area where the public is going to be, you're on duty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557July 11, 2019 7:57 PM

I miss Wendy when she's on, and by on I mean not self-medicating or under control of abusive soon to be ex-husband. She can drag people without coming across as a bitch and that's a talent in and of itself.

Meghan's Wimbledon stunt was the biggest blunder to date simply for the fact that it was universally derided as a cunt move. It's so bad that I wonder if even Harry took her to task about it at home. Then she shows up acting very insecure and self-conscious at the polo match, her body language (besides awkward way holding Archie) signaled that she remains very self-conscious of how others see her. However, she's incapable of interacting with others in a natural way because she's always "on". But she's such a bad actress that we see through it all. Trouble is, she still sees herself as someone who's deserving of worship and adulation. Meghan's self-serving and publicity-seeking actions indicate that she blames the public for not genuflecting at her every move. She still doesn't get it. Even her fans are starting to see how disingenuous she really is as a person. When the Telegraph, who's been very pro-Meghan from the start, publishes a string of editorials saying enough is enough you know the tide is turning. The story will only get uglier as time goes on because so far Meghan has shown herself to be tone-deaf to common decency, advice, and at the very least public opinion.

by Anonymousreply 558July 11, 2019 9:00 PM

R557, R558, I agree. I think it may finally be this mis-step gone too far.

Here's the video for R553's moment. I'm just guessing, but I think it's a hornbeam (I thought they said is was a mulberry...so I hope that's correct). Yes, I'm American, but HM seems to have taken the place my own grannies took when they were alive. I know it seems strange for someone like me to hold her in such affection, but she's been the only constant presence in my life, at this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559July 12, 2019 1:19 AM

[quote]Then she shows up acting very insecure and self-conscious at the polo match, her body language (besides awkward way holding Archie) signaled that she remains very self-conscious of how others see her

Or was it because she was alone behind enemy lines? There she was, in her lumpy eight million pound caftan, lugging her child around without a clue, face to face with the people she's been fucking with. I don't think the Cambridges started the family war.

by Anonymousreply 560July 12, 2019 2:07 AM

Real gesture or for the cameras?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561July 12, 2019 2:30 AM

R560 Exactly, Meghan was the one who's actively avoiding having to interact with Kate because she had her back turned to Kate in the short clip that was posted. That's covert, antagonistic action of a person who hates or is mad at the other person. For someone who professed to be such a media maven, she really is clueless in how she comes across in public. Kate the whole time was focused on containing Louis while Meghan looked very self-conscious and deliberate in every more. Kate acted in a natural, normal way but Meghan isolates herself. It was just odd, from the way she held Archie to the self-isolation. That is not a well-adjusted, pushing-40, new mom would act, more like how a drama queen who creates discord whenever she goes would act. I think her paranoia about others infringing on her privacy will get worse over time and begin to negatively impact the marriage. Marrying into the BRF only served to exacerbate all of her existing pathological self-importance.

by Anonymousreply 562July 12, 2019 2:55 AM

I saw this linked on Twitter - it is a theory of how the monetizing shakedown is set up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563July 12, 2019 3:16 AM

R543 Alas, Markle loses yet another point. Her nephews and niece have no natural affection for her (like they do with the Phillips/Tyndalls - sp? cousins). She's all stranger/danger to them.

Kate was natural and gracious in her appearance with the Duchess of Difficult. What's of note is how unnatural Smeg is. She used to be an actress, right? This is the most important role ever. Why can't she play it?

by Anonymousreply 564July 12, 2019 3:45 AM

Tatum O'Neil commenting on how others are treating their children? That's rich coming from someone who chose to snort cocaine and drink rather than care for her own kids. She lost custody of her 3 children due to her "bad parenting" as it's hard to be a good parent when high as shit.

by Anonymousreply 565July 12, 2019 12:24 PM

Apparently Kate and Megantoinette are going to Wimbledon together again. The rehab effort is underway.

by Anonymousreply 566July 12, 2019 12:36 PM

[quote] I saw this linked on Twitter -

My how clever you are to repost something you saw on Twitter!

by Anonymousreply 567July 12, 2019 12:40 PM

Kate is a cipher. We have no idea what she thinks. When she is nervous, she makes this strange, fake maniacal grin. I don't know of any other public figures that do that. I am sure she never brays like a donkey when she is not in the public eye. Only then can she remove her "public face".

by Anonymousreply 568July 12, 2019 12:49 PM

Don’t the York sisters look cute here. Edo liked the post of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569July 12, 2019 3:55 PM

R568, according to your timestamp: your altered mental state (AKA the fact that you are obviously drunk or high) suggests a problem that you should discuss with your healthcare provider.

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 570July 13, 2019 12:35 AM

R570 oh dear, one of the frau trolls actually paid. Thank G*d, most of her ilk can’t afford the subscription fee.

I live in NYC troll, and alas, was neither drunk nor high as I must eek out a living even on a lovely sunny Friday.

by Anonymousreply 571July 13, 2019 12:43 AM

R571 Aw, your valium prescription expired then before the weekend and you're extra bitchy this evening? (Not believing you aren't on edge for substance reasons. Sorry, not sorry.) Or perhaps it's your menses cramps?

by Anonymousreply 572July 13, 2019 12:49 AM

“Menses cramps”

I love you troll. You are funny without trying.

Apologies in advance if it’s due to ESL issues.

by Anonymousreply 573July 13, 2019 12:58 AM

R573, I'm even more charming in person. You should get to know me. I make good fajitas and fantastic margaritas.

by Anonymousreply 574July 13, 2019 1:44 AM

These last few posts are untoward. I won't pretend to sort them out. I've posted on these threads for some time. Try to remain polite, please.

by Anonymousreply 575July 13, 2019 1:54 AM

I found after blocking R570 the disturbing posts about "menses cramps" and other odd insults disappear.

Prince Andrew is in deep trouble now. He has earned his well-deserved fall by cozying up to a pedophile and most likely engaging in sexual abuse of minors.

The Queen described 1992 as her "annus horribilis". 2019 will prove to be far more devastating for her if the US Department of Justice subpoenas her beloved son. At a minimum, Prince Andrew will never be able to step on US soil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576July 13, 2019 2:37 AM

I cannot see R567-R574, pr trolls must be eager to close these threads.

by Anonymousreply 577July 13, 2019 2:56 AM

Yes, the humorless troll is here to stay. Kate's skirts flew up (slut) and Andrew is going to jail soon. Meghan is perfect and Harry is now also perfect by virtue of marrying her.

by Anonymousreply 578July 13, 2019 3:24 AM

[quote] I cannot see [R567]-[R574], pr trolls must be eager to close these threads.

Quite right. Thank you for protecting our honor! You make me very proud.

by Anonymousreply 579July 13, 2019 3:28 AM

Having a look at one's ignored posters' comments is instructive (ie, the Down's Syndroome comments all came from one poster who otherwise adores Kate, can't stand Meg.)

Anyway, looking forward to Kate+Meg at Wimbledon, part two. Expect Kate to bore us with her glossy hair cape and a junior queen dress while Meg goes as casual as she thinks she can get away with. Will she still be carrying her dreadful fedora?

by Anonymousreply 580July 13, 2019 4:48 AM

She's going to ask the audience to do jazz hands rather than applaud, so as not to curdle her milk.

by Anonymousreply 581July 13, 2019 5:35 AM

If Andrew and Fergie are going to remarry, this would be a good time to do it.

by Anonymousreply 582July 13, 2019 6:19 AM

As much as she has been lampooned in the press, I think the general public actually like Fergie. I agree that this will be the time to do it because MM will just make her look like a saint.

by Anonymousreply 583July 13, 2019 6:25 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584July 13, 2019 1:08 PM

They both look like shit. Meghan is huge and the outfit is unfortunate. Kate looks sallow and exhausted, too thin in that ugly green dress. It looks like it's very hot and humid, maybe that's why Kate looks wilted. She should chop off a few inches of hair for summer.

I see she brought Pippa for moral support: "Please darling, I could use a bit of help with you-know-who."

Maybe I'll be nicer after I finish my coffee.

by Anonymousreply 585July 13, 2019 1:16 PM

Meghan does look like the cat that ate the canary: "Look at ME, sitting with the popular girls! Feel free to take my picture!" It's clear Pippa is there strictly for reinforcement and to help Kate with the awkward conversation duties.

by Anonymousreply 586July 13, 2019 1:19 PM

These threads used to be busier than a drive thru at noon. What's happened?

by Anonymousreply 587July 13, 2019 1:26 PM

And Pippa has on a lovely blue-and-white confection of a frock.

by Anonymousreply 588July 13, 2019 1:26 PM

R587, subscriber only now, apparenty.

I'll say nothing about M's weight, but that outfit is atrocious. She fancies herself a classic American sportswear type, with her white shirts and rolled up sleeves, but the shirt has no ease to it and pairs horribly with the pleated skirt. Kate's dress is nice, but doesn't seem quite right for afternoon tennis.

by Anonymousreply 589July 13, 2019 1:46 PM

Kate would benefit from a well done breast enlargement surgery. Just up to a full B would help her fill out her dresses better. And she needs to turn to the trend of the no-makeup makeup look. As she ages, the pancake makeup just emphasizes the wrinkles. Wrinkles are fine, but heavy foundation makes them more prominent.

by Anonymousreply 590July 13, 2019 2:08 PM

Kate will not be getting her tits done. I expect a little light nipping and tucking in the face in years to come.

by Anonymousreply 591July 13, 2019 2:29 PM

Maybe now she won't divorce Harry, since giving him an heir has obviously unleashed her inner Thomas Markle.

by Anonymousreply 592July 13, 2019 3:26 PM

I feel kind of sorry for Meg, next to super slender Kate.

by Anonymousreply 593July 13, 2019 3:45 PM

She really does look bloated and dumpy. What billionaire will have her now?

by Anonymousreply 594July 13, 2019 3:50 PM

Duchess Fat and Duchess Skinny. Surely there's a happy medium.

by Anonymousreply 595July 13, 2019 3:52 PM

R590, disagree about the breast enlargment--small boobs FTW.

Totally agree about the makeup. Kate's stuck in a rut with both her hair and makeup. Some movement around her face and a less baked look would do wonders for her.

by Anonymousreply 596July 13, 2019 5:51 PM

She reminds one of the glorious war days, where one sat at Balmoral stuffing oneself on delicacies while the peasants were on rations. One must always eat discretely and wear a corset for the public!

by Anonymousreply 597July 13, 2019 10:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598July 13, 2019 11:12 PM

R598. Martina is NOT amused.

Also, Holy crap - did Duchess Griftenstein give birth to a moose? Damn! She looked small pre-pregnancy but those hips ain't lyin'.

by Anonymousreply 599July 13, 2019 11:20 PM

Part 85 here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600July 14, 2019 12:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!