Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Poo-Pourri Changed My Life

I used to stink up the bathroom to high heaven but a couple sprays in the pot just completely kills any odor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 28, 2019 3:42 AM

Yeah, just wait until your balls dip into that water. It's like spraying rubbing alcohol on your testicles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 3, 2019 3:13 PM

It wouldn't be as big a problem if you didn't eat roadkill.

by Anonymousreply 2July 3, 2019 3:18 PM

I call "bullshit" on all those toilet sprays. Waste of money.

by Anonymousreply 3July 3, 2019 3:20 PM

[quote]I used to stink up the bathroom to high heaven but a couple sprays in the pot just completely kills any odor.

Because why do something about your atrocious diet that's causing you to stink up the bathroom when you can add to rampant consumerism and waste.

by Anonymousreply 4July 3, 2019 3:23 PM

Another option is to use a few drops of any essential oil. I read that somewhere and tested it with some balsam oil I had; I put 2 or 3 drops and it worked. Not sure how long those other products last and the cost, but essential oil is another option.

by Anonymousreply 5July 3, 2019 3:25 PM

My Japanese toilet has a deodorizing air filter. I look down on you.

by Anonymousreply 6July 3, 2019 3:27 PM

there's also VIPoo

by Anonymousreply 7July 3, 2019 3:27 PM

R5 that's basically what the product is - like 5% essential oils, 95% water.

by Anonymousreply 8July 3, 2019 3:28 PM

Alternatively, some generic cheap vinegar helps.

by Anonymousreply 9July 3, 2019 3:29 PM

[QUOTE]Because why do something about your atrocious diet that's causing you to stink up the bathroom when you can add to rampant consumerism and waste.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 10July 3, 2019 3:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 5, 2019 12:50 PM

I must have extra strength shits, that spray doesn't kill the odor.

by Anonymousreply 12July 5, 2019 12:53 PM

You must be very old r1 with a mightily sagging scrotum.

by Anonymousreply 13July 5, 2019 1:19 PM

Poo-pourri is just essential oils emulsified in water with polysorbate 20 and sold at a huge markup. Putting a drop or two of essential oil or an essential oil blend in the bowl is just as effective, and far more cost effective in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 14July 5, 2019 1:24 PM

It tells you about the oils and mark up in the article I posted at R11. It’s not hard to figure out. Heaven forbid we support a growing American business and thousands of jobs because it’s not very cost effective.

by Anonymousreply 15July 5, 2019 1:35 PM

What are essential oils r14? Examples? Or should I be posting in the stupid questions thread?

by Anonymousreply 16July 5, 2019 1:50 PM

R16

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 5, 2019 2:02 PM

[Quote] there's also VIPoo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 5, 2019 2:53 PM

Thanks r17.

So how this works is a spray of essential oils traps the odor under the surface of the water in the commode.

How about the odor in the air? Wouldn't a matchstick or candle work better?

As for the rest, flush it away. Done.

by Anonymousreply 19July 6, 2019 12:37 AM

Is it me or did the price shoot up? A three pack is now $23 on Amazon? I don’t remember this stuff being that expensive.

by Anonymousreply 20September 5, 2019 1:57 PM

Or you could start eating more fibre and eliminate the need for these sprays altogether. Can't remember the last time I had to use one...

by Anonymousreply 21September 5, 2019 1:59 PM

Many people have intestinal issues that are worsened by more dietary fiber.

by Anonymousreply 22September 5, 2019 2:02 PM

My shit doesn't stink.

by Anonymousreply 23September 5, 2019 2:13 PM

Is this another marketing shill trying to make a product happen?

by Anonymousreply 24September 5, 2019 2:16 PM

R23 i don't believe you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 5, 2019 2:20 PM

I haven't read most of the posts on this thread, but I just have to chime in! I have lactose intolerance and am also diverticular (undiagnosed) and have struggled for years with issues in the toilet, indeed, it even cost me my job! So you could say I'm an extra on 'makin stinky'! LOL! I remember my ex-husband who I left after he divorced me and married another woman used to always yowl when he'd enter our En Suite Bathroom, 'What did you slaughter an elderly horse in here!' LOL! Suffice to say, I needed POOPURRY desperately, especially in my previous employment situation where I was let go because I spent too much time in the 'bathroom' according to the head of 'HR', let's just say her name was 'Dennifer', and 'Dennifer' would always be complaining about how I stunk up the ladies and to stop bringing Mexian food into the toilet (I wish I could, but I was stuck in their for hours at a time! A gals gotta eat! LOL!) Anyways, POOPURRY has been a godsend. These days, though I'm pretty much housebound thanks to my unemployment and 'instestinal disabilities' I still carry a bottle of POOPURRY in my purse because when I do go out I usually wind up in the toilet of a Starbucks or the Kohl's and management there doesn't take too kindly to you not only staying in the stall for 3-4 hours at a time, but making the room smell like a pinata full of pig shit! LOL! Just my two cents! LOL!

by Anonymousreply 26September 5, 2019 2:21 PM

[QUOTE]Is this another marketing shill trying to make a product happen?

Make a product happen? It’s a multi-million dollar business with wide availability in most stores and every major online marketplace. It’s already “happened,” you just didn’t see it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 5, 2019 2:25 PM

These are great when traveling overnight or going on vacations with friends and share the same bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 28September 5, 2019 2:45 PM

Does it work on shoes?

by Anonymousreply 29September 5, 2019 3:15 PM

i find it healthier to clean... rather than hide the smells with chemicals...

by Anonymousreply 30September 6, 2019 12:46 AM

r30 = Joan Crawford

by Anonymousreply 31September 6, 2019 3:09 AM

r29, yep, it's guaranteed to destroy all traces of stench from DARK BROWN FECES!

by Anonymousreply 32September 28, 2019 1:24 AM

I was one of the original testers, producing various odors to be masked.

by Anonymousreply 33September 28, 2019 1:28 AM

[quote]I used to stink up the bathroom to high heaven but a couple sprays in the pot just completely kills any odor.

Or, as a shocking alternative, you could start eating more fibre and drinking more water, so your elimination process would be odor-free from the start. I haven't needed to use a bathroom spray in years, all thanks to a teaspoon of psyllium every day.

by Anonymousreply 34September 28, 2019 2:23 AM

I've lost a lot of my sense of smell as I've gotten older, so I don't notice the odor as much as I used to.

by Anonymousreply 35September 28, 2019 2:43 AM

The shit actually works.

by Anonymousreply 36September 28, 2019 3:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!