Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Actors/actresses doing nudity

For an actor or actress to do a real nude scene, I think they have to be a bit of an exhibitionist. Agree or disagree?

by Anonymousreply 23June 10, 2021 1:59 PM

It has to be hard for most of them to be completely naked in front of a whole crew of people.

by Anonymousreply 1July 3, 2019 1:00 PM

Few actresses did it because they wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 2July 3, 2019 1:15 PM

I don't know, but a number of legit actresses seem naive when it comes to nudity and sexualized roles. They think it's all artistic and necessary in spite of pervy audience members. However, just because the director/writer/producer is professional doesn't make they're incapable of having a pervy agenda as well.

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2020 2:20 PM

No, OP. It has to do with what's called upon in the script. Obviously.

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2020 2:21 PM

R3=hysterical virgin.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2020 2:22 PM

I'll have to disagree. I am not a person who is hung up on body parts that are usually deemed to be naughty by the mores of society. A dick is just a dick, it is just a body part so it is no different than an elbow or a knee or an ear. I am not at all puritanical about nudity.

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2020 2:29 PM

Darling, R6, I assure you a dick is very different from an elbow.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2020 2:31 PM

It’s definitely harder for women. In regards to men, almost any actor will show his ass on screen. They’re more hesitant about showing dick.

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2020 3:32 PM

Full frontal nudity should be required of all twinks, regardless of whether it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2020 3:35 PM

R6 How often do you get aroused from seeing someone's elbow? How often do you think about sucking elbow?

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2020 3:39 PM

These days of prosthetics and digital fakery has made it much harder to trust, and thus enjoy, a beautiful big cock unveiled onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2020 3:41 PM

Matt Bomer shows his ass to distract from his less than stellar acting skills.

by Anonymousreply 12December 21, 2020 9:48 PM

Any nude or intimate scenes aren't exactly fun, but if they truly are there to tell the story in the best way possible, you do them. Usually, a shower scene or sex scene isn't going to propel the story forward. Most sex scenes are incredibly unnecessary, but if you're playing the role of someone losing their virginity for the first time or having sex for the first time since their spouse died, yes, it's probably important for the story and worth doing and handling in a truthful way.

by Anonymousreply 13December 22, 2020 3:31 AM

Well, it got me canned from Sound of Music.

by Anonymousreply 14December 22, 2020 4:06 AM

What R13 says is true. Those scenes are incredibly unsexy to produce. They are so much of the time, by the numbers, and typically, very technically choreographed for the camera. Most actors will tell you the same thing. Even if the set is closed, and each of the partners have some kind of attraction/chemistry, they're difficult to get through, more often than not.

by Anonymousreply 15December 22, 2020 4:52 AM

Sex scenes are usually pretty clinical to film. It's all about "raise your neck just a bit...now, touch his butt with your left hand...no, don't stroke it...now, rolls your eyes back...right...now, touch her right nipple...." It's either hilarious, awkward, or both, but never sexy.

by Anonymousreply 16December 22, 2020 5:32 PM

I don’t think just any actor will show his ass! I wish!

by Anonymousreply 17December 22, 2020 5:38 PM

Some people are really shy about it. This is why they still use body doubles in some productions. If you don't see the actor's face and nude body in the same shot, the odds are, it's probably a double.

by Anonymousreply 18December 22, 2020 5:44 PM

For male actors most people are focused on the penis. Is it too small? Does it look weird? They also are aware at this point that whatever they do will live online forever. So the ass is easy to show. These days you might get an actor willing to show pubes or one willing to wear a prosthetic even if their actual dick is similar to the prosthetic just so there's still an air of mystery around what their junk looks like. I've noticed that major shows that seem to have frontal nude scenes tend to use actors that are new or haven't worked much since they seem to be willing to do it. (That guy from GLOW and that guy from High Fidelity come to mind.)

I always give Ewan McGregor credit for never being afraid to show anything and everything whenever anyone wanted it but at no point did I not think that it was important for the role. The same goes for Chris Messina.

As for the ass, some people seem more willing than others but at some point (even just once) they nearly all seem to do it. James Wolk was the last holdout.

(Stage on the other hand is completely different. People that would never show their dick on camera are much more willing to show it there because there's less of a chance anyone will see it online even if sometimes people manage to capture an image or video. Also there's slightly less room for interpretation so if every actor before you has been nude, you will be too.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 22, 2020 11:17 PM

No not all the guys do it. A lot show half-ass or ass from the side and that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 20December 22, 2020 11:22 PM

That's still ass R20. They were there, in a cock sock, naked. Name someone that has worked for years that didn't eventually show it?

The only one I can think of is Jim Caviezel who is freakishly religious.

by Anonymousreply 21December 22, 2020 11:28 PM

I'll give Chris Pine props for showing his dick in the freezing cold water in that Netflix movie even if it was shot from far away. It's certainly not an ideal situation to be showing your cock to the world.

by Anonymousreply 22December 23, 2020 1:11 AM

The filming may be clinical, but humans are still human. They can and will get turned on. Some are even exhibitionists.

by Anonymousreply 23June 10, 2021 1:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!