Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

*Iowa Caucus Poll* shows Biden lead; Kamala 2nd; Bernie down

July 2, 2019

Biden still holds the lead in the critical Iowa caucus, but Kamala has made up ground. Biggest loser is Bernie who finished a close 2nd to Hillary in Iowa in 2016.

Suffolk University/USA TODAY Poll:

*IOWA**

Biden: 24%

Harris: 16%

Warren: 13%

Sanders: 9%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 3, 2019 3:45 AM

Thanks, Poll Troll. I know it's likely too early but any guesses as to whether this is a temporary bounce or something that's likely to stick?

by Anonymousreply 1July 2, 2019 9:20 PM

Bernie is so finished. He's got nowhere left to grow and he's already sliding.

by Anonymousreply 2July 2, 2019 9:26 PM

Bye Bernie!

by Anonymousreply 3July 2, 2019 9:37 PM

Who knew he's only interesting when he's positioned as Hillary's foe? I sure did.

by Anonymousreply 4July 2, 2019 9:38 PM

Biden-Harris for the win.

by Anonymousreply 5July 2, 2019 9:39 PM

Bye Bye Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 6July 2, 2019 9:56 PM

New piece today from my polling boyfriend, Harry Enten:

[quote]Bernie Sanders 2020 is in big trouble

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 2, 2019 9:57 PM

I like Elizabeth Warren. She's not getting as much press since she was in the debate on the first night and not the second night with all the cool kids.

Who do you think is more electable: Warren or Harris?

by Anonymousreply 8July 2, 2019 10:01 PM

[quote]It doesn't seem like there is a reservoir of support available for Sanders either. A mere 6% of likely caucusgoers say he is their second choice. All told, only 14% list him as a first or second choice.

Killer part.

by Anonymousreply 9July 2, 2019 10:02 PM

[quote]I like Elizabeth Warren. She's not getting as much press since she was in the debate on the first night and not the second night with all the cool kids.

She got near-constant coverage for a month and a half before the first debate. I'm glad someone else is getting the spotlight now.

[quote]Who do you think is more electable: Warren or Harris?

I think they both have different problems with electability among different groups. So it's hard to tell this early.

by Anonymousreply 10July 2, 2019 10:06 PM

Bernie Sanders doesn't look presidential at all. Not even an ounce.

by Anonymousreply 11July 2, 2019 10:06 PM

Personally, I always thought that Sanders had a pretty hard ceiling in the Democratic primary. He started out as the front-runner but I wasn't convinced that there was a lot of room to grow, given the number of really good alternatives and the hard dislike among many Democratic primary voters.

He's not out of it yet, of course, as he's got name recognition and is sitting on a lot of cash, but where is his growth going to come from? He's running a repeat of his 2016 campaign but without the anti-Hillary crowd to bolster him.

by Anonymousreply 12July 2, 2019 10:09 PM

Yeah, that's the real news--Bernie's done. Biden needs a team that doesn't leak and knows how to spin and he needs more discipline, but he can come back, since he's still well-liked.

I think a Biden/Harris ticket would do better than a Biden/Warren ticket. Biden would have the easiest time in the general, but might not get through the primary.

by Anonymousreply 13July 2, 2019 10:19 PM

glad that old assshole spoiler sanders is sinkin like a thick turdy

by Anonymousreply 14July 2, 2019 10:21 PM

Good riddance to the spitting old geezer. He is yesterday's news.

Sick of him and his ragaholic bros

by Anonymousreply 15July 2, 2019 10:40 PM

If Bernie loses Iowa and NH, which he will, then he needs to get out of the race. If he insists on staying in and being a disruptor, then the female candidates should band together and attack him for it.

by Anonymousreply 16July 2, 2019 11:15 PM

"New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan and California Rep. Eric Swalwell – failed to attract a single supporter in the Iowa survey. "

Can they exit from the race and go back to doing their current jobs, and no more debates for them please.

by Anonymousreply 17July 3, 2019 12:06 AM

r17 Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 18July 3, 2019 12:07 AM

I wish Hickenlooper would just run for Senate in Colorado.

by Anonymousreply 19July 3, 2019 3:01 AM

R19, here's a new article today on the Hickenlooper issue:

[quote]John Hickenlooper's senior aides urged him to drop 2020 bid and run for Senate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 3, 2019 3:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!