Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How does one best tame their eyebrows?

I don't have a monobrow, but they are looking rather scraggly. What's the best way to tame them as a man so they still look natural, and avoid looking like a Chola or Billy Zane?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 6, 2019 2:47 PM

Just don't. Unless you have a unibrow plucking just one hair will almost always make you look rather feminine. I say let it be OP but that's up to you.

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2019 12:43 AM

If you look the guy in the pic, nobody cares about your brows!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2019 12:56 AM

Just pull the stragglers out with your fingers. You are a man, remember?

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2019 1:03 AM

I trimmed my eyebrows for the first time last week using a pair of scissors. I could see them when I looked up and was starting to look like Andy Rooney.

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2019 1:05 AM

Ask your barber to do it when you get a hair cut.

If you don’t have a unibrow, that’s all you need.

by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2019 4:44 AM

As men get older, their eyebrow hairs start to grow long and unruly (like nose and ear hairs).

You can just trim your eyebrows with a scissors. If you're not good at that kind of thing, then ask the barber.

I think it's OK for men to tweeze a few hairs to clean things up, but don't go crazy with the tweezers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2019 5:19 AM

Electrolysis and then have tattoo replacements.

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2019 5:23 AM

It's pretty fucking easy. All you need is a mirror, scissors, good lighting, good eyesight, and adequate motor skills. Maybe some Vaseline to flatten them if they're that bushy. Why are so clueless about something so trivial?

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2019 5:40 AM

I own an electric trimmer. I use it to trim the length of the hair in my brows. So, it doesn’t change their height or width; but it does shorten the length of the hairs. Mine are thick enough that you don’t notice, I don’t think.

In recent years, I have begun plucking the two white hairs I have. But just them.

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2019 6:10 AM

Do you just trim the longer hairs? Or comb it out and then snip snip?

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2019 4:24 PM

I trimmed them this morning. My electric trimmer was set so that they are a little shorter than they should be. Oh well, they will grow out.

by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2019 5:00 PM

When your brows are wet, comb them up vertically, then using small scissors cut a horizontal line across your upper brow, that will get rid of any long stragglers.

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2019 5:14 PM

If you have brows and lashes like the guy in the photo, as I do, then get them threaded in the center and a then have them trimmed with scissors. Never use a beard trimmer to trim your brows, unless you're very old and have none.

by Anonymousreply 13July 6, 2019 4:07 AM

OPs photo, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 14July 6, 2019 4:09 AM

You can use clear bar soap to tame your eyebrows. There are a lot of how-to videos on YouTube. I posted the shortest one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 6, 2019 4:15 AM

Old men can buzz them. Young men should go to a Arab type barber and be threaded. Swarthy Mediterranean young men look nice highly and precisely groomed. On whites and not old, this look is hit or miss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 6, 2019 12:17 PM

What's the evolutionary or hormonal reason for straggly eyebrows as you grow older? I have my barber trim mine when I get my hair cut.

by Anonymousreply 17July 6, 2019 12:20 PM

The evolutionary reason is make old men hideous so women don't make babies with the old sperm. Sadly, FLOTUS Helen Keller ignored the warning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 6, 2019 12:26 PM

0[quote]You can use clear bar soap to tame your eyebrows. There are a lot of how-to videos on YouTube. I posted the shortest one.

Those eyebrows look as overly plucked, primped, and manicured as if the guy were doing a drag show.

That's fine if that's the look you want. But, OP seems to want a less sculpted ones.

by Anonymousreply 19July 6, 2019 1:55 PM

I am old and suffer from the occasional long unruly eyebrow hair. However I hate the look of those hairs if I trim them, they have an abrupt end to the hair instead of a natural taper to a fine point that looks natural. So I pluck them, just the long ones, I don't attempt to shape my eyebrow and it takes a while for them to return instead of cutting them which could turn into a weekly ritual. I vote for plucking.

I have learned to pluck in the direction I want the hair to grow. I have found that if I pull the hair straight out it seems like the next hair grows straight out, if I pluck in the natural direction the hair is growing, it grows more in that direction when it returns.

by Anonymousreply 20July 6, 2019 2:09 PM

Brush up and cut along natural brow line. Cut pluck any wirey strays. Idk about uni brow.

by Anonymousreply 21July 6, 2019 2:15 PM

Harlow style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 6, 2019 2:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!