Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Poll: Youth increasingly uncomfortable with LGBT people, less likely to be Allies

The percentage of young non-LGBTQ Americans who were either “very” or “somewhat” comfortable around LGBTQ people decreased for the second year in a row in 2018.

According to GLAAD’s annual Accelerating Acceptance Index, which was released Monday, 45 percent of non-LGBTQ Americans ages 18-34 said they were comfortable around LGBTQ people, or were “allies,” in 2018. This is a dip from the 53 percent of the age group who said they were allies in 2017 and the 63 percent who said they were allies in 2016.

The drop was based mostly on young women, USA Today reported. Sixty-four percent of non-LGBTQ women said they were allies in 2017, as opposed to 52 percent in 2018.

“Fifty years after the Stonewall uprising, the LGBTQ community has great reason to celebrate the many advancements that have created greater visibility and legal protections for LGBTQ Americans, but the fight for 100% acceptance is far from over,” GLAAD said in a press release.

“Although this year's Index reports that the drop in LGBTQ acceptance has been stemmed, a growing number of young people ages 18-34 report being less comfortable around LGBTQ people in certain personal situations,” the organization continued.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452July 15, 2019 10:49 PM

Well, you know why that is.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2019 9:36 PM

[quote]The percentage of young non-LGBTQ Americans who were either “very” or “somewhat” comfortable around LGBTQ people decreased for the second year in a row in 2018.

Trump effect?

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2019 9:37 PM

r3 My ex is a teacher (4th to 7th grade) and he said he has noticed this in the classroom and I've commented on it in a few threads over this past year. He said it is very noticeable. He said the use of gay slurs has skyrocketed and kids are making fun of out gay kids more whereas before they seemed unbothered.

So it is not just 18-34. It seems to be getting worse the younger they are.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2019 9:41 PM

the future American Nazi Army.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2019 9:42 PM

There's going to be a backlash, whether this is it or not

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2019 9:42 PM

More like the TRANS Effect, R2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2019 9:43 PM

Based on my conversations with kids, middle school age and older, it's nothing to do with lifestyle really, as this generation is pretty live-and-let-live. It's about the oppressive language police and the many teens attention whoring with "gender fluidity," changing names and "genders" and pronouns practically on the daily. And it's a landmine if you make a mistake -- you may be disciplined at school or accused of being a bigot. Kids are getting tired of tiptoeing around that minefield and being lectured to constantly about how oppressive cis expectations are, etc. They're young, but they're not stupid, and they're starting to see through it as the thought-control tactic it is. The kids are tolerant, but they're beginning to recognize that the Transstapo is the polar opposite of tolerant.

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2019 9:45 PM

More reason why decent people must never vote Republican. It ushers in social regression

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2019 9:46 PM

R3, anyone who's been a teen should know that whenever schools set something up as utterly sacrosanct, untouchable, undebatable, and unquestionable, teens are going to try to puncture it.

Remember the flag-saluting, red-scare 50s? That resulted in the hippy generation. Remember the kids of the hippy generation? They were the 80s Reaganites. Expect a similar backlash, but because the attempt at thought control is more all-encompassing now, I fear the backlash will be proportionately worse.

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2019 9:48 PM

Of course it's the trans effect r6, but we're not allowed to say that and people like r8 will keep trying to deflect. R7 makes some good points, plus the fact that many trans are creepy as fuck and mainstream straight society now associates us with the creepy trans.

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2019 9:49 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2019 9:51 PM

Waiting for the "TROLL. THREAD. CLOSED." troll to make her unwanted appearance....

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2019 9:51 PM

you make something untouchable, the youth will 100% push back against it. No matter how convinced you might be that it is 'the right side of history'

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2019 9:53 PM

It's a fad, as shown by the fact that ten years ago there was one gender clinic and now there are more than 50, and that the number of girls especially, suddenly announcing that they are "transgender" has skyrocketed. So much so that there's now a name for it Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria (ROGD)

Remember, kids were eating Tide Pods a few years ago - yet now, "gender identity conversion" bans have been passed in many states that prevent parents from stopping a confused child from getting immediate gender treatment.

So if Johnny likes to cook, the government, academia, the media, Hollywood, his teachers, his therapists are telling him that he needs to immediately take the same drug used to castrate sex offenders (Lupron) in order to stop puberty, because he's really a girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2019 9:56 PM

Stupid children

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2019 9:57 PM

Gays and lesbians need to dissociate themselves from the trans garbage ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2019 10:00 PM

Familiarity breeds contempt. I said on here years ago to wait for the backlash and was reviled. Straight people secretly hate gay people,always have,always will. Not all of course,but I venture to say the majority look down on us.

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2019 10:01 PM

It’s more than what R7 said or trans. It’s cause it’s being FORCED on people. That turns people off.

Also see the Pride is Corporate thread. Many are saying that’s a good thing and it will help get more people supporting while I know it won’t. It’s gays being used for money and straights using us to look woke and get attention. And others being turned off cause it’s being fed to them.

by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2019 10:03 PM

Oh, and the term "Ally" has become doublespeak bullshit. It has been redefined to mean "person who will gratefully bow and scrape, tug the forelock, and grovel in apologetic submission to whatever today's Thought Police orders are, even if they're in contradiction to yesterday's orders."

by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2019 10:03 PM

Every other generation seems to be the opposite of the previous generation. Gen Z seems much more conservative then Millennials. Buckle up.

by Anonymousreply 20June 24, 2019 10:04 PM

That kid in that video clip sounded like a grown man,

That teacher was ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 21June 24, 2019 10:05 PM

JUST listened to my local news and a gay prom was cancelled due to backlash. Jax Fl,google it.

by Anonymousreply 22June 24, 2019 10:05 PM

*than not then

by Anonymousreply 23June 24, 2019 10:05 PM

It’s sad but it’s both the political correctness of the community and the tramp issues. Frankly these days I don’t see much to be prideful about

by Anonymousreply 24June 24, 2019 10:08 PM

poll: Women are not our allies. tRump effect....going to take decades to fix this.

by Anonymousreply 25June 24, 2019 10:08 PM

I just googled it R22, and didn't see a single thing.

by Anonymousreply 26June 24, 2019 10:08 PM

Leave the tramps out of it, R24. They've done nothing wrong.

by Anonymousreply 27June 24, 2019 10:10 PM

My teacher ex, said the school does not push an agenda and nothing has changed over the past 8 years he has taught. Norms are you don't have to agree but you can't put down.

He said everything was going on normally and about 2 years ago he said it was very noticeable how aggressively less tolerant the younger kids were. He said his friends who teach high school don't see the same level of aggressiveness. It does correspond with our president but maybe that is a coincidence (though not entirely you have to admit).

He said it went from they are all different to differences are not tolerated. He said if students don't like the same music, TV shows, dress alike, they are ostracized. He said all the girls dress and look alike as as the boys- same haircuts, same shoes, same types of pants/shirts.

by Anonymousreply 28June 24, 2019 10:12 PM

As a gay man, I can't support the trans community. It grosses me out.

by Anonymousreply 29June 24, 2019 10:14 PM

This could be seen a mile away. Look how fewer people think Gays face discrimination.

1) One, erasure of the term "Gay" and "Gay Community" has hurt the visibility of gay people across the spectrum. You are only as important as your visibility.

2) The compulsive nature to allow any other crazies to latch into the gay rights movement. Turning off gay leaders and allies in the process.

3) The systematic [bold]erasure of Gay history[/bold], gays are being erased out of their own history with not very much fight. If you do not have a legacy, you are not an entity. Gays rights will fall if "gays" are not part of the collective consciousness. If you don't exist to the public ,neither will your rights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 24, 2019 10:14 PM

r29 Straight people say the same about us.

by Anonymousreply 31June 24, 2019 10:14 PM

I think many if not most of the parents of these kids are accepting of gays, that's not what the issue is: the issue is that these kids are being bombarded with Gender Ideology.

A group called Gender Spectrum (now working with Joe Biden's foundation) boasts about its saturation in schools. HRC sponsors annual readings of "I AM JAZZ" across the US to kids PRE-K to 5th Grade.

It's too much. And on some basic level, especially once puberty kicks in, we know whether we are male or female and hammering us over the head nonstop with lies that we are not , especially when we're in our rebellious teen years, is going to lead to some innate rejection of Gender Ideology.

A gay boy, who knows in every fiber of his being that he's attracted to other males, also knows he's male, and will only follow the Gender Trend to fit in with his peers for so long before he starts to reject it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 24, 2019 10:15 PM

R28, I believe your ex may be correct about his school, but here in NYC, especially in many of the most "exclusive" middle and high schools, there is a VERY aggressive SJW agenda, and that includes constant harping on gender identities.

by Anonymousreply 33June 24, 2019 10:15 PM

r30 People are ignorant????? That's a newsflash?????

by Anonymousreply 34June 24, 2019 10:15 PM

They're getting tired of Queer theory, fludity freaks, and Trans screaming at them and asking for special permission because "they" gave everyone else the ability to be who they are.

by Anonymousreply 35June 24, 2019 10:16 PM

R26 I think this may be the prom event cancelled in Jacksonville.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 24, 2019 10:18 PM

No teenager wants to parrot the same ideology that comes from fat neon-haired frumpies and old uncool politicians. Plus losing the meme war.

by Anonymousreply 37June 24, 2019 10:18 PM

This fluidity and all of that has always been around. Society is breaking free of those norms and it is not making a lot of people comfortable.

Things are moving too fast and I think, in order to be accepted, you have to do it in a smart way.

by Anonymousreply 38June 24, 2019 10:18 PM

[quote] People are ignorant????? That's a newsflash?????

When gay marriage acceptance has fallen 2 % points across in the last 2 years, it should not be a newsflash. It should be a cause of concern.

Don't meet with cynicism the importance of your rights.

by Anonymousreply 39June 24, 2019 10:18 PM

Trans isn’t part of the issue. The biggest issue is the way gays are behaving. I keep saying this. You all wanna play stupid or scream HOMOPHOBIA cause not everyone wants to see you act like whores in public. That’s not homophobia. That’s being a normal civilized HUMAN.

And too many gays don’t act like it. And they feel above the laws and rules.

by Anonymousreply 40June 24, 2019 10:20 PM

r39 I'm not but people are ignorant and always have been. Of course when we got the right to marry the straights think everything is hunky dory. That should not come as a surprise. These are the same people who think racism ended in 1964/5.

by Anonymousreply 41June 24, 2019 10:22 PM

[quote]Trans isn’t part of the issue

Trans and other factions are indeed part of the problem. Don't minimize their adverse actions towards the gay community.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 24, 2019 10:23 PM

Fucking trannies will be the end of us. Old creeps with saggy asses wearing runny pantyhose , smeared makeup and their deceased mothers' wigs claiming to be actual females. Barf.

by Anonymousreply 43June 24, 2019 10:23 PM

R38, we are all "gender fluid" - it's called having a personality.

Some men like to garden, some women like to fix cars - accepting that many people didn't and shouldn't fit gender stereotypes came in the 1970s. Gender stereotype rejection -"Free To Be You & Me" - was what was pushed in schools.

But now we're regressing: Kayden likes ballet - he's a girl. And Big Pharma is right there ready to swoop down and make him into a sad, chemically castrated version of one.

by Anonymousreply 44June 24, 2019 10:25 PM

Look at NYC right now. Homophobia is on the rise again here cause of how forced it is here now.

Gays have always been here and there’s always been gay places etc. but now they’re painting everything rainbows, renaming streets and forcing LGBT on all. You may think that’s good but that WILL turn off many, including some gays that see the issues this will bring.

Why do we need sidewalks in rainbows, half naked men hanging all over and streets renamed??

by Anonymousreply 45June 24, 2019 10:25 PM

Dumping this on trans is not going to solve things. I do think the trans community came on way too strong (though they are being killed and hurt at alarming rates) but it seems they want to be overrepresented not just represented.

The trans hate and the words used here are the exact words used and still used against gays. What is the difference? They think we are gross and disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 46June 24, 2019 10:25 PM

Trans"women" hijacking gay and feminist spaces/labels/efforts/etc. are mostly to blame.

Because of them, more people are associating feminists and gays with misogynistic, sex-obsessed men in dresses.

by Anonymousreply 47June 24, 2019 10:26 PM

It should be illegal to give any one under 18 any kind of hormones to alter your appearance.

But the trans hate here is akin to the gay hate of the past and present.

by Anonymousreply 48June 24, 2019 10:27 PM

I know a lot of younger people that used to be 'live and let live' that are now against the modern pride parades because it's getting disgusting to see what people feel is appropriate to do in public, without anyone being able to go 'maybe don't???'

by Anonymousreply 49June 24, 2019 10:28 PM

Also, NYC and California schools are forcing this on kids from as young as 4 years old now. That’s an issue.

As a gay man even I see what the issue is. Don’t fucking put anything in my kids head other than what school should be for until he/she is older and can understand it all. Telling my 4 year old son he may be a girl or like boys vs letting him grow and figure it out on his own is an issue.

by Anonymousreply 50June 24, 2019 10:29 PM

[quote]though they are being killed and hurt at alarming rates)

That's actually not true. In the US, over half of the hate crimes done to the "LGBT" faction were committed against gay men.

I am sure Trans people are also victims of hate crime but not near "alarming" rates.

by Anonymousreply 51June 24, 2019 10:30 PM

Since most of the drop in support is from women, I'd be shocked if trans WASN'T a major factor. How many of those women who are now uncomfortable with LGBT people are OK with gay men and lesbians, but uncomfortable with sharing a locker room / bathroom / athletic team / women's shelter with trans women with penises?

by Anonymousreply 52June 24, 2019 10:33 PM

"LGBT" to my generation mainly means trans or genderqueer. The influence of gays, lesbians, and bisexuals on the LGBTQ+ community has noticeably waned this last decade. I'm 20 and no one my age or younger thinks of gays, lesbians, or bisexuals first when they hear the term "LGBT" anymore. Most people are quite accepting of sexual minorities but are gender critical and that's why they don't "support" the LGBT community like they used to. Not to mention that being an "edgy memelord" is so hip among today's youth which doesn't help much.

by Anonymousreply 53June 24, 2019 10:33 PM

[quote]He said it went from they are all different to differences are not tolerated. He said if students don't like the same music, TV shows, dress alike, they are ostracized. He said all the girls dress and look alike as as the boys- same haircuts, same shoes, same types of pants/shirts.

Hey, r28, can you redo this paragraph again? It doesn't make any sense as it is. Honestly it sounds like you're bullshitting but I was still curious where your story would go.

by Anonymousreply 54June 24, 2019 10:33 PM

r49 TF are you talking about? The parades have ALWAYS been full of "maybe don't". Are you 12? I'm early 30's and it has always been a display of questionable tastes in public.

I hope most of you aren't gay because your hate and language is exactly what was said and is being said about us.

by Anonymousreply 55June 24, 2019 10:34 PM

Bullshit R48 - I have been around gay activism since before AIDS. Gays NEVER asked that others give up their rights, the way the Trans Lobby has successfully done.

The Equality Act will erase the rights of women, parents and gays. Gays NEVER asked for anything like that.

BTW: That Trans murder rate is very exaggerated. Trans are less likely to be murdered than Joe Average. From the UK's Channel Four news using statistics provided by a transgender advocacy group.

[quote] The latest Transrespect report says there were 369 “reported murders of trans and gender-diverse people between 1 October 2017 and 30 September 2018” around the world. Nearly half of those (167) took place in Brazil, and a further 28 were recorded in the United States.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 24, 2019 10:35 PM

r54 Makes sense to me. Maybe you have reading comprehension problems.

by Anonymousreply 57June 24, 2019 10:35 PM

The mixing of adult stuff with kids is part of the issue too. Trans kids, Drag kids. There's video making the rounds on twitter this week of a Pride event where 'Puppies' in fetish gear set up a play pit for kids and involving them in 'puppy' activity. One of the dudes had a visible boner.

It's getting to the point where Pride events need to decide if they are 18+ or family friendly. If it's the latter then the overt fetish stuff needs to be kept away from the main event.

by Anonymousreply 58June 24, 2019 10:36 PM

I would like see a breakdown of how young people feel about the different elements of the LGBTQAI. I’m guessing they don’t feel the same way about asexuals as they do about non op trans. Probably don’t have the same feelings about intersexed as they do about queer people. Probably see post op trans as different from non- op trans. I do suspect the young women’s discomfort has to do with dicks in the women’s locker room. That and being expected to say front hole instead of vagina.

by Anonymousreply 59June 24, 2019 10:36 PM

R49 EXACTLY.

I know two teen brothers (one is now 19 and the other 18) but I spoke to them about two years ago and they were both disgusted and honestly taken aback by what they saw at Pride in San Diego.

They were both open minded guys and very pro LGBT people. They don’t see why anyone should care what others are doing or who they love as long as it’s not hurting anyone. That was until they went to SD Pride to support as a 17 and 16 year old. They said they saw men with their cocks out in public while holding kids hands, guys rubbing each other off in front of kids, giving blow jobs in public or showing their holes etc. this blew their minds cause they thought this would just be LGBT people marching for their rights but they realized it’s just gay men being naked, being dirty and over sexual in public and intentionally showing as much skin as possible to people with kids etc. the older one was disgusted but didn’t let himself be too bothered but the younger one was truly bothered and after that said he would never go near a place like that and even started speaking against the “perverts” that are gays.

He means it too. He doesn’t hold back either and doesn’t care who he offends now because truth is he comes from money. He’s from a line of successful Texans and they’re rich. He could care less anymore when a few years ago he was someone who always stood up for LGBT.

This is why I always speak AGAINST the way gays act at Pride. It TURNS PEOPLE OFF. You aren’t doing any good. But you all refuse to see this and label it homophobia. It isn’t. Being civilized isn’t homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 60June 24, 2019 10:36 PM

OML the trans hate here really is obscene. I'm out. Some of you need to get some help. You are deranged and forgot what it was like to be hated like you hate them.

by Anonymousreply 61June 24, 2019 10:37 PM

Bye, bitch^

by Anonymousreply 62June 24, 2019 10:39 PM

It's no longer limited to here, mon ami. You can delude yourself in thinking that it is, but that won't help you or a single Person of Trans.

by Anonymousreply 63June 24, 2019 10:40 PM

this poll result and this story from London have me worried and disgusted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 24, 2019 10:40 PM

[quote]OML the trans hate here really is obscene. I'm out. Some of you need to get some help. You are deranged and forgot what it was like to be hated like you hate them.

R61, I am going to block you in case you decide to come back.

That you use hate in the past tense as if gays were magically accepted tells me all I need to know about you. You are ignorant and probably don't care what is happening to gay rights.

The Trans movement should be something separate and not lumped with gay rights because it is hurting Gays.

by Anonymousreply 65June 24, 2019 10:43 PM

Hate is abounds and it is because of the fascism/conservatism sweeping the world. Conservatives want to destroy us and after they are done with the Muslims and Mexicans, we are next.

by Anonymousreply 66June 24, 2019 10:44 PM

Trans MTF girls winning state championships in sports isn’t helping things.

by Anonymousreply 67June 24, 2019 10:48 PM

Letting Andraya Yearwood win girls' track meets is somehow doing something to dismantle fascism. Not sure how yet.

by Anonymousreply 68June 24, 2019 10:51 PM

Listen,Im 58 years old and as far from a prude as one could be,and even I,back in the day when I would attend one,found the activities at Pride parades to be distasteful and extreme. They long ago lost sight of what they were meant for and are now a freak and fetish parade.How does 2 guys jacking each other off in public help others be more tolerant and compassionate ???

by Anonymousreply 69June 24, 2019 10:51 PM

Hold your horses. There's no evidence that this has got anything to do with trans people. You all are blaming them for this because that's convenient for you who a priori dislike them.

Supposing the results of the poll are real, it's got more to do with a cultural transformation provoked by the Trump regime. He should be defeated as fast as possible.

by Anonymousreply 70June 24, 2019 10:53 PM

You need to talk to more people if you think the increasingly publicized consequences of the Trans stuff isn't severely affecting people, especially women's, acceptance of it all. Especially since LGB is now tied at the hip to Trans.

by Anonymousreply 71June 24, 2019 10:55 PM

^^Wrong. It’s trans.

by Anonymousreply 72June 24, 2019 10:55 PM

Four long-term hosts of The Atheist Experience of Austin quit because a guest host played a video saying transwomen shouldn't compete in men's sports because hey, "that's a man" - oh something like that. Anyway just a few minutes into this video, check out "Serafina" who doesn't even both to try to look remotely look like a woman, not that she should I guess but anyway, another organization bites the dust, which shouldn't have anything to do with fucking trans shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 24, 2019 10:57 PM

NBC twitter thread. Most of the comments relate to trans, pronoun police and kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 24, 2019 11:02 PM

[quote]Supposing the results of the poll are real

Supposing ?? Oh brother ! They are consistent with other polls of the same nature.

Anyway, hate crimes against gay men are high. If anyone ever tells you Gays are privileged or accepted, show them the FBI statistics.

57.8 % Hate Crimes against gay men

2.2% Hate crimes against Bisexuals

12.3 Hate crimes against Lesbian

2.8 Hate Crimes against Heterosexual

Only 119 cases were reported where Transgender people were victims of hate crime.

13 were crimes against gender non-conforming individuals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 24, 2019 11:04 PM

I don't know why so many people are insisting that the drop in support is due to either Trump OR trans - it's obviously both. Trump has emboldened all the bigots, the haters of the world, and the trans are making women miserable. That there's been a noticeable drop in women's support tells you all you need to know. That drop isn't due to anything gays or lesbians have done.

by Anonymousreply 76June 24, 2019 11:11 PM

[quote]He doesn’t hold back either and doesn’t care who he offends now because truth is he comes from money. He’s from a line of successful Texans and they’re rich.

Too bad his family's money couldn't buy him even cut rate critical thinking skills, R60. Judging all gay people off a single pride parade would be like basing one's view of all straight people off of Kim Kardashian's sex tape, or one of the brain-eating episodes of one of the Real Housewives shows, or the fact that Donald fucking Trump is president despite LGBT folks voted 80-20 against him (I wonder who that leaves as his supporters?).

by Anonymousreply 77June 24, 2019 11:11 PM

*voting

by Anonymousreply 78June 24, 2019 11:12 PM

R44, gender stereotypes are shallow window dressing. They change every generation or so. Car repairs and gardening have jack shit to do with gender, and they never have. Neither do wearing long hair or construction boots.

Getting an erection and ejaculating, or menstruating and bearing children -- THOSE are gendered activities. Which the T have done their damndest to hijack, crowing about victories like men "getting pregnant" or "getting pap smears" or putting tampon dispensers in men's rooms.

by Anonymousreply 79June 24, 2019 11:16 PM

The trannies competing in women's sports is really going to hurt because you know straights all lump us together even though we have nothing in common.

by Anonymousreply 80June 24, 2019 11:16 PM

R76, if anything, Trump is the symptom, not the cause. Are you saying the people who voted for Trump in the first place were gung-ho gay-and-trans-rights rainbow warriors -- but as soon as he was in office he magically changed their minds?

by Anonymousreply 81June 24, 2019 11:18 PM

Divide and conquer.

by Anonymousreply 82June 24, 2019 11:20 PM

R40 is dreadfully homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 83June 24, 2019 11:20 PM

Serafina and that whole crew seem insufferable.

If I didn’t know better I would have taken that for an SNL skit.

by Anonymousreply 84June 24, 2019 11:30 PM

R81 - The number of people who think Trump somehow magically changed, well, anything at all is insane. One man didn't do it folks. It's not even possible.

by Anonymousreply 85June 24, 2019 11:32 PM

Straight gen x-ers are sulking over the realization they they're never going to pay their houses off, their kids are too expensive, far more than they planned for, they're in over their heads with their credit card bills, mortgages they refinanced multiple times to keep up with the jonses and maintain their social statuses. They're broke, and over their heads in debt due to their own greed and pettiness.

by Anonymousreply 86June 24, 2019 11:33 PM

R86 here, to continue, the husband is a white male in his late 40's and 50's that is an asshole at every company he works for. He's under qualified and feels entitled to a comfy salaried position for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 87June 24, 2019 11:36 PM

Gen Xer here - own two homes outright, have a year's worth of money in the bank and a healthy portfolio. Grew up poor as a sack of dogshit, learned the value of a dollar, hard work and interest rates by the time I was 9. Took the lessons to heart. I'm not uncommon. Everyone called us slackers, and instead we just quietly laughed and built the world.

by Anonymousreply 88June 24, 2019 11:37 PM

That drop in females is due to 8% meeting some version of Stefonknee in the past year and being hit on....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 24, 2019 11:41 PM

R88, triggered frau, trolling this forum about her poor life decisions and fantasies. Let's guess what's next - you're schilling for a reality show...

by Anonymousreply 90June 24, 2019 11:42 PM

I’ve been out 25 years & want nothing to do with LGBT.

by Anonymousreply 91June 24, 2019 11:46 PM

No, of course not, R81. Hence the use of 'emboldened'. He gave these people permission to reveal their ugliest, most base feelings to the world without fear. And for anyone who was teetering or unsure, these newly-emboldened types made it harder to go against the tide.

by Anonymousreply 92June 24, 2019 11:48 PM

Help! I'm a woman in her mid 40's who got knocked up several times back in the 90's, because I refused to use or demand any protection as a grown adult. Now I don't get any more child support checks and my job at Dollar Tree just can't pay my bills anymore!

by Anonymousreply 93June 24, 2019 11:55 PM

R93

And you're on Data Lounge posting because.....?

by Anonymousreply 94June 24, 2019 11:58 PM

Just when us gays were making serious progress in this country, the alphabet soup obsession started. It's ridiculous. And yes, our piece of shit president has aided in this. If you can't see that you're a piece of shit too. Why should the q & t "choices" be associated with my natural sexuality? It's absurd. Gay people who have helped with this have a serious god complex. Some may hage good intentions but they're dumb as fuck. There's a golden girls line Sofia says to Rose...something like 'you have a great heart but I don't know where the hell your brain is'

by Anonymousreply 95June 25, 2019 12:28 AM

[QUOTE] And it's a landmine if you make a mistake -

Words wound! You’re LITERALLY killing us!!!

by Anonymousreply 96June 25, 2019 12:29 AM

This isn't legitimate social science - this is GLAAD hiring a PR/market research firm to run some crap poll on the cheap (the sample size doesn't allow for the cross-tabulations to tease out variables properly and the sample frame is half internet and half random dialing with huge non-response rate) to generate headlines such as this and then fund raise off the moral panic. GSS, Pew, Gallup, etc. have more reliable instruments that go back over a decade or more and they are much more stable and reliable than this naked advocacy. GLAAD has over the last 5 years or so lost all credibility, especially on these "surveys" they tout as if they had any statistical merit - GLAAD now claims that 20% of teens are now trans or GNC based on some leading questions they now use. You can definitely tell they have shifted almost completely into a gender/trans focus...Vito would be rolling in his grave.

by Anonymousreply 97June 25, 2019 12:32 AM

Tolerance and acceptance are two different things.

by Anonymousreply 98June 25, 2019 1:34 AM

I wonder if anyone has done a poll breaking down whether people are more bothered by the G, the L, the B, or the T? That would be revealing.

by Anonymousreply 99June 25, 2019 1:36 AM

Part of the issue may be that LGBT doesn't seem like an oppressed group any longer (even though that couldn't be further from the truth). You have nearly every single major company or corporation draping themselves in rainbow, when really the only color of the rainbow they care about is green. We're more visible than ever before in popular culture with the omnipresence of social media and YouTube, etc. where you can find a colossal number of "A" gays and instahotties showing off their fabulous lives, bodies, and bank accounts, seemingly without a care in the world or thought in their head. The ubiquitous of all things LGBTQAI+, coupled with all of the speech policing and oppressive pronoun corrections and trans over representation in relation to the original LGBT spectrum, it really does seem at times that we are living in a post-gay rights era where there's nothing left to fight for. It's like our community has been co-opted and commodified to death that there's no longer a true core keeping us focused on the larger picture. It doesn't help that Trump has emboldened bigots and made it safe for some to be regressive.

by Anonymousreply 100June 25, 2019 2:14 AM

[quote] I don't think you can pin this on Trump. Scottish Teenager, 17, suspended from school for insisting there are ‘only two genders’

So you're saying an incident in Scotland explains changing attitudes among U.S. teens?

by Anonymousreply 101June 25, 2019 2:34 AM

R101 that same thing happens here

by Anonymousreply 102June 25, 2019 2:38 AM

LGB only.

by Anonymousreply 103June 25, 2019 2:38 AM

I have to admit, the gender pronouns obsessions would annoy most people. So would "fluidity". Do you have a dick or not? When you say "fuck" what exactly do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 104June 25, 2019 2:39 AM

R97- I think you’re right. This is just fundraising hidden as a press release.

[quote]I do think the trans community came on way too strong (though they are being killed and hurt at alarming rates)

Here’s your alarming rate: 26 trans murders last year in the US out of an estimated population of about 1.6 million. That’s a rate of 1.6 per 100,000, which is well below the national rate for both white and black men, and white and black women.

Of the 26, four were gay people transed after death, one died of a heart attack while at an immigrant detention facility (most likely due to prior health problems). Of the remaining 21, about half were black male prostitutes living in poverty— all of which are factors that are going to significantly increase your mortality rate as it is. The rest were killed in domestic violence incidents or during drug transactions.

by Anonymousreply 105June 25, 2019 2:52 AM

I'm not going to even read this thread because I already imagine what is has devolved into, but I just want to add that I do not believe this particular 'poll.' Not one little bit.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 106June 25, 2019 2:57 AM

Gallup and other pollsters have also noted a modest, yet definite dip gay Rights support this year

by Anonymousreply 107June 25, 2019 3:01 AM

and do any of these polls attempt to define whether gay is also trans, r107?

by Anonymousreply 108June 25, 2019 3:02 AM

The growing clamor over gay Rights versus religious liberty has turned a lot of middle of the road people against gay rights. I hear a lot of people saying they used to be sympathetic to gay rights but now think gay activists are bullies trying to beat objectors into submission

by Anonymousreply 109June 25, 2019 3:04 AM

R107, the Gallup poll asked about support for samesex marriage, so not a trans matter

by Anonymousreply 110June 25, 2019 3:05 AM

A 4% decrease in gay Marriage support since 2018

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 25, 2019 3:06 AM

This one is not a GLAAD commiserated poll

[quote][bold]Mounting evidence suggests that around half of Americans believe the fight for gay rights is increasingly unnecessary[/bold]

Over half of Americans feel fighting for gay rights is [bold]not[/bold] necessary !!

Gays haven been warning about this for years now. You erase the word gay out of the public consciousness, the public will forget you exist. You erase gay people out of History, you'll erase their future.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112June 25, 2019 3:14 AM

The use of gay slurs among teenagers is off the charts. It shocked me when I first started teaching high school. That said, I kind of doubt the results of this poll-- is GLAAD a reliable pollster?

Also, among regular teenagers, there's zero awareness of the trans issue.

by Anonymousreply 113June 25, 2019 3:20 AM

All bias is increasing: Racism, xenophobia, misogyny, homophobia, and on and on.

by Anonymousreply 114June 25, 2019 3:24 AM

You've been this trolling site for years and not one gay person has been erased in that whole time. There are so many I would like to see erased. I think I will send a big souvenir pencil and a list of names in care of the Commandant of the Transtapo and see if they can help. Could you spell your name for me please?

Meanwhile, I'm going to practice my rendition of "I'm Still Here!"

by Anonymousreply 115June 25, 2019 3:30 AM

Whether this poll is accurate or not, it's happening. This is how it manifests itself. You just type it into reality like every thing else lately. The same morons who thought our idiot president would never win are the same morons who are in denial about what's happening. As predicted, we gay people are in the sinking ship with the alphabet soup. Personally, I think it's way too late already to break away and reclaim all that we have lost. It couldn't hurt to try though.

by Anonymousreply 116June 25, 2019 3:31 AM

r115 let's just start with the word GAY being erased from gay pride and gay parade. How about that? All you hear is asexual, generic 'pride'. Gay does not exist. Only the q word or alphabet soup. So, you my friend, are an absolute useless idiot.

by Anonymousreply 117June 25, 2019 3:33 AM

Like you never heard Christmas during the holidays before Trump.

by Anonymousreply 118June 25, 2019 3:37 AM

As a straight woman in my early 40's, I can tell you the issue is the Trans, based on conversations with my friends in my peer group. We have no issues with gays/lesbians and bisexuals period.

The lunacy that has been happening with women's sports, bathrooms, battered women's shelters etc is the problem.

I personally have a problem with the bullying the lesbians have been receiving about not wanting to have sex with MTF that have penises and being marginalized in their own organizations.

My mom who is in her early 60's is not thrilled with feeling like certain stuff is being forced down people's throats.

There was a controversy in my area in the past week about Drag Queen storytime with young children at the public library. She was shaking her head about that not because she has an any issues with drag queens, but couldn't understand why this was a thing? She has been to gay bars in her day, drag shows and even has a cute little twink work friend she completely adores.

She isn't a bigot. I am not nor are my friends. Take it or leave it, but this is what I am seeing on my side. We aren't Trump supporters at all.

by Anonymousreply 119June 25, 2019 3:41 AM

See to me, that FEELS right, r119, but I am actually curious about whether there is actual polling on this, or if the LGBT is always thrown together into a big pot because that's how everyone wants it politically.

by Anonymousreply 120June 25, 2019 3:43 AM

Drag queens and children don't mix. This recent push to get drag queens to read to kids in libraries is confusing, and I say this as a fan of RuPaul's Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 121June 25, 2019 3:45 AM

Fascinating posting history you have. Doesn't make me suspicious at Ms. My Side.

by Anonymousreply 122June 25, 2019 3:45 AM

I think part of is the backlash that young people have against what came the generation, it was always going to happen, because it always happens. I think much of the rest is the trans, esp with regards to the drop in young women's support.

In many ways it affects them the most, it's their sports opportunities being taken away, their spaces being invaded, them not even being able to talk about their own specifically female health issues without having to somehow figure out how NOT to insult the MTFs who want to pretend they even remotely have to deal with the same physical issues.

Unfortunately due to their place in the LGBTetc alphabet soup that it's become, it's drags gays and lesbians down with it and they get painted with the same brush.

by Anonymousreply 123June 25, 2019 3:45 AM

Why not, r121? I would think weird magical women would mix perfectly with kids. I don't think kids would care that much actually. Parents might freak out, but that's a whole nother thing.

by Anonymousreply 124June 25, 2019 3:46 AM

^^ "that young people have against what came the generation BEFORE"

by Anonymousreply 125June 25, 2019 3:48 AM

Clowns, Over-sized Rodents, and Slovenian Whores are perfectly acceptable for children.

by Anonymousreply 126June 25, 2019 3:50 AM

I think it's more a backlash against SJWs and their constant shaming on social media. Their constantly trying to "cancel" everyone because of supposed racism, sexism, homophobia, cultural appropriation. You can't even get a spray tan nowadays without being accused of doing blackface. It's really out of control.

by Anonymousreply 127June 25, 2019 3:57 AM

SJWs are definitely not just about the gay. But maybe it is all part of a much larger phenomenon. Not sure. But seriously, would love to see exact and scientific polling about what exactly is pissing off people these days. I suspect that polling will never be done, for very political reasons.

by Anonymousreply 128June 25, 2019 3:59 AM

It's so true. My grandchild shot his face off because I left my purse where it was securely zippered on the bed. The SJW just will not let up. I avoid getting a spray tan now for fear of provoking them further.

by Anonymousreply 129June 25, 2019 4:01 AM

The trans community never acknowledge that the trans women that are murdered are mostly street hookers. The white straight men that transition are in no fear of actual violence (so violence to them is no one wanting to fuck them)

by Anonymousreply 130June 25, 2019 4:02 AM

I hate the way the term "allies" is used.

In common SJW parlance, that means you have to do everything the loudest among the group you are allies with demands.

by Anonymousreply 131June 25, 2019 4:04 AM

You do like your absolutist binary thinking. That is for sure.

by Anonymousreply 132June 25, 2019 4:06 AM

The lesbian menstrual huts at Michigan Womyn's Fest are scaring all the straight teen girls.

by Anonymousreply 133June 25, 2019 4:10 AM

only cause Steph-on-knee is in them, r133

by Anonymousreply 134June 25, 2019 4:12 AM

Excellent article by a trans woman!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135June 25, 2019 4:12 AM

oh jesus fuck, I get to be trans or gay or anything else as long as I embrace gun nuts and hating immigrants, and let me guess, giving all the money to rich assholes. Hallelujah!

by Anonymousreply 136June 25, 2019 4:15 AM

If we could just get rid of the trans we can move forward and get rid of bis. That would free us up to get rid of the lesbians so we can focus on getting rid of the blacks. Once the blacks are gone, we get rid of the fetish people, the femmes, the fats and the eldergays. Then we only need to get rid of the ones with mutilated penises and the Aryan youth can finally stop being held back and fight for the rights they deserve.

by Anonymousreply 137June 25, 2019 4:18 AM

and by the way, because this is very confusing to the modern right and the entire Republican party, civilization did not actually start in the Gilded Age. The idea that rich fucks should own everything is not actually a part of western civilization. I know you think it is. I know you found some old William F. Buckley articles that told you that. But it is not actually the case. You must set that aside. It will be hard, because since Reagan you have been taught that this is the be all and end all of Western Civilization, but it is not actually true. You actually get to not care that much about rich fucks and still be part of Western Civilization. It's okay.

by Anonymousreply 138June 25, 2019 4:19 AM

GLAAD just needs to spend more time and money on trans issues, that's clearly working!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139June 25, 2019 4:30 AM

The truth is that your average person isn’t uncomfortable around gay or lesbian people. They’re uncomfortable with the newer elements in the mix. You know the ones with no gender or three genders or whatever. It makes people uncomfortable because they like their genders clearly defined. This is going to take time to work itself out.

by Anonymousreply 140June 25, 2019 4:37 AM

again, FEELS true, but is it true? not so sure.

by Anonymousreply 141June 25, 2019 4:39 AM

Could be worse!

Note the numbers wrt homosexuality (and honor killings)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142June 25, 2019 4:52 AM

So many people claim to be "queer" nowadays that it's turned being gay into a joke. Seriously. I know so many people in boring heterosexual relationships that say that they're "pan" or "nonbinary" or "asexual".

by Anonymousreply 143June 25, 2019 4:56 AM

r143 Yep why support the QT contingent dragging LGB down when majority of QT identifies as heterosexual? When all the queer males end up having girlfriends, wives, "I connect romantically to women only"... Yeah you're apart of my community all right...Let me help promote this nonsense

by Anonymousreply 144June 25, 2019 5:14 AM

Freudian typo R144? They are indeed 'apart' of your community.

by Anonymousreply 145June 25, 2019 5:29 AM

It's fucking exhausting. No wonder the kids are less tolerant. Mom and dad come home from work and tell each other horror stories about the new latest idiocy that they have to tip-toe around and special requests for the sex of the month club.

by Anonymousreply 146June 25, 2019 5:30 AM

The addition of Trans and every other crazy after that is what is affecting gay rights. People can see the mental illness emanating from the alphabet soup. Two spirit ??? Gurl, you stole that from Native-American folk.

by Anonymousreply 147June 25, 2019 5:36 AM

The poll said younger people were more uncomfortable with family members coming out and LGBT teachers.

Family members. Not unknown "weirdos".

by Anonymousreply 148June 25, 2019 5:37 AM

It's not the trans or whatever, it is the trump wave and everyone blaming it is riding the same tide of regression brought by it. Not to pin it solely on Trump, like all this frothing desire to through transgender people and bisexual people under the bus it is a symptom of the problem. Basically after any period of social progress - IE. one that gives us gay marriage, for instance - there's an accompanying backslide and the Overton window shifts. More regressive views are the new center and all this desire to blame it on the transgender people is the result. No, ultimately, people whose entire opinion of the LGBT community is worsened by a few clickbaiting Facebook articles about some kid in one school getting suspended for innocently bullying a trans kid probably isn't your greatest ally, and being transphobic isn't going to get them back on your side, it's going to embolden them and create a culture that normalizes hating all LGBT people. Because some of you sociopaths probably can't be motivated on the grounds of empathy, let me assure you: trying to get them to hate the trans or bisexuals will only protect you for so long, and you are stoking the fire that will be used to burn you. Many of you old queens are quite similar to your straight counterparts in your reactionary boomer brainrot.

by Anonymousreply 149June 25, 2019 5:38 AM

People don't realize how much the president matters. Who would have thought that Obama, that milquetoast, would actually prove a huge boon to gay people. We were able to resume our advance after the Bush years that had led to a suicide outbreak. People are pack animals, brainless pieces of shit who follow the pack leader. How many times do you have to be told before you understand this is the case?

by Anonymousreply 150June 25, 2019 5:44 AM

No, it’s not Trump specific. It’s the fact that women don’t want biological males in the women’s restroom/locker room or invading women's sports and they’re being told they’re wrong and that they shouldn’t have any say about it.

by Anonymousreply 151June 25, 2019 6:07 AM

GLAAD benefits from a dire statistic that pushes people to donate.

by Anonymousreply 152June 25, 2019 6:10 AM

You are so out of touch R149 and R150

Obama was the one who started the backlash with his 2016 letter that said that a student's "gender identity" would be counted as their "sex" under federal law, effectively destroying Title IX, one of the few 2nd Wave feminist women's rights "victories."

[quote] The letter includes a threat that the Obama administration has leveled against North Carolina in the standoff over the state's law blocking legal protections for gay and transgender individuals: If a state fails to comply with the administration's interpretation of the law, it runs the risk of being sued by the federal government and losing federal funding, particularly for education.

[quote] Transgender students have the right to access bathrooms and locker rooms and participate on athletic teams that correspond with their gender identity, the letter makes clear. A school can offer private changing areas when requested, but those changing areas must be made available to all students — transgender students can't be forced to use them, the letter says. When students (or their parents) tell a school they're transgender, the letter goes on to say, the school must treat the student consistent with his or her gender identity — even if school records indicate a different sex for them. And schools can't require that transgender students have a medical diagnosis, undergo any medical treatment or produce a birth certificate before they're treated in a way that aligns with their gender identity, according to the letter. And schools must respond promptly to sexual harassment claims when the matter involves a student's gender identity or gender transition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 25, 2019 6:14 AM

We aren’t losing support due to Trump because deplorables never supported us in the first place.

But keep burying your heads in the sand fellas and ignoring the real issue.

by Anonymousreply 154June 25, 2019 6:14 AM

R150, you are giving Obama too much credit for gay rights.

Thank Justice Kennedy and the other liberal Supreme Court justices.

by Anonymousreply 155June 25, 2019 6:22 AM

I think there are two different things going on here. School children have been brainwashed into thinking that it's cool to be trans, and not cool to be gay, and especially not cool to be lesbian. Older people, and society as a whole, tend to conflate the T with the LGB , and are getting sick of the thought policing, the growing number of transwomen in women's sports, sex offenders in women's prisons, the numerous examples of aggressive behaviour from transwomen which contrasts with the previous belief that transwomen were 'trapped in the wrong body' who just want to live their lives in peace, the increasing transing of children, etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 156June 25, 2019 6:24 AM

R144 A "queer" girl I know is getting married. She identifies as "nonbinary" and the guy she's marrying identifies as "bisexual." Despite being "nonbinary," this girl dresses feminine, wears makeup, and presents as traditionally feminine. Ridiculous.

I used to think a lot of people claim "queerness" for cool points, now I think that their a bunch of Rachel Dolezal's addicted to victimhood.

by Anonymousreply 157June 25, 2019 6:26 AM

I'm not saying Obama secured gay rights. I'm saying the public supported us when he was president. He didn't start "the backlash." The backlash has always been there. As long as he was WINNING people would be on his side. Ditto Trump. People always want to be on the winning team, even if that team is evil. Well, especially if that team is evil.

by Anonymousreply 158June 25, 2019 6:39 AM

DROP THE FKIN T. THAT IS WHY.

by Anonymousreply 159June 25, 2019 6:40 AM

One more reason children should be seen and not heard.

by Anonymousreply 160June 25, 2019 7:43 AM

Speaking for the kids I know in a very liberal area--they're tired of the lectures and the thought policing. I said this in the Oberlin thread, but I've noticed the kids are avoiding the liberal arts colleges known for lots of political activism (and enrollment at those colleges has been dropping). The self-righteous lectures get tedious and, yes, with girls it's heartbreaking to lose your spot on the volleyball team because some gay kid thinks he might be trans and the coach is dying to shove her/him onto the team. (This happened to a girl I know, the gay kid changed his mind, but the damage was done and the girl gave up the sport.)

These kids don't want to go around the room choosing gender pronouns at the beginning of each class. They just want to do their own thing without worrying about being shamed for accidentally saying the wrong thing online.

Also, as a group, they seem more worried about guns and the planet.

by Anonymousreply 161June 25, 2019 8:33 AM

The one point I have not read yet, is the fact that children are cruel. They always have been. There isn’t a person who has posted on this thread who won’t remember seeing or experiencing cruelty when they were kids. Kids will laugh at children with glasses, children who are poor, children who stutter. If the child is different to the norm, they will laugh at them. The only thing that stops this is the fear of getting into trouble and being told what is acceptable and what isn’t.

Kids today are being force fed ‘trans’ education but the gay side is being overlooked. Therefore ‘gay’ mocking is open season. Just the same as ginger mocking and belittling kids if they don’t wear the correct clothes.

The other ‘trans’ aspect that is being completely forgotten is the fact that some straight men have always worn women’s clothes as a sexual turn on. These were known as Transvestites. It is obvious why women are starting to get worried, if men who would at one time be regarded as ‘Transvestites’ can simply dye their hair blue, put on a skirt and start accessing female changing rooms. Believe me this is happening.

by Anonymousreply 162June 25, 2019 8:47 AM

Female athletes are banned from using testosterone. But trans-women have already benefited from testosterone - larger skeleton, taller, bigger muscles, bigger hands/feet. Why can't there be women's sports for women who were born female with two X chromosomes? Why is that discriminatory??

I'm ok with everything else but not with that. Horses benefit from better body-structure for running. Why the fuck can't they sprint with men? Wonder who'd win?

by Anonymousreply 163June 25, 2019 8:58 AM

I agree with R1. The gay community is turning into a freak show, and the outliers are dominating the media these days.

by Anonymousreply 164June 25, 2019 9:01 AM

You all live in delusion.

Most straight men very much are uncomfortable around gay men. They look over their shoulders and always make sure you’re not looking at their ass etc. I see it all the time with straights around other gays. You can see it in their body language too.

We don’t have the majority of people’s support. People just say what they think they’re supposed to and that’s starting to piss off the younger generation.

by Anonymousreply 165June 25, 2019 9:02 AM

Actor Gianni Paolo from “MA” posted this two days ago.

Young people from kids to 30s even are getting sick of being told what they should say, do, feel etc. about others.

If they don’t like something why should they pretend to like it? I’d rather know who doesn’t like me cause I’m gay vs have them pretend to and be fake. That’s just me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166June 25, 2019 9:09 AM

That poll makes a lot of sense but it does not give us useful demographic information. Is the decline uniform? Or does it vary by race? What about college vs. non-college. Democrats? Rebublicans? Liberals?Consevatives? Are we losing at the younger end of the age spectum or the older end? Just brings up more questions than it answers. Remember support for lgbt legal rights including trans rights is stable. Social acceptance of lgbt people is taking a hit and without the statistical info we can't say why. At least not with any clarity. I do think the poll is reasonably accurate and explains some things like suicide increases among gay men.

by Anonymousreply 167June 25, 2019 9:57 AM

In the UK here. I work in housing and social care. We have an Allies and an LGBT group, people are out at work,

My team was discussing what events we would be focussing on supporting through the year. Pride was mentioned- all well and good, most weren't that interested but it went in the diary. Everybody happy. Then Transgender Day of Remembrance was suggested and...people laughed, uncomfortably, but they laughed. A woman piped up that she would work on trans issues but got no support. It did not go in the diary. We moved swiftly on.

Another time, a housing officer got someone she thought might be trans on the phone (she expected a woman but got a man's voice). The Housing team went into panic stations just in case they might possibly offend the person by using the wrong pronoun or just by doing something (because it is so easy to offend). They decided they wouldn't talk to the person over the phone again but would write instead..

I'm not surprised my transsexual friends who don't hold with all this transgenderist, postmodern redefining of reality are feeling more and more vulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 168June 25, 2019 10:39 AM

Confirming what r33 said. I have two teens in NYC public schools. One is at an elite progressive HS on the UES. I wish I could share with you the emails we get from the principal. The most pandering SJW missives you can imagine.

Long story short, people (teens especially) don’t like being CONSTANTLY lectured about something they’re not even doing.

by Anonymousreply 169June 25, 2019 11:07 AM

R150 is correct: the President matters, leaders matters. Pre November 2016, gay activists, media, and liberals foolishly were overconfident to arrogant that society and culture must inevitably evolve toward progress. I heard a lot of gay people claim that gay Rights will always be secure because of Obergefell, young people are progay, and so many people know gay and Bi people. Well, you were arrogantly wrong. Culture can regress, so can law. Trump has set the Tone and policy, and public opinion is following.

by Anonymousreply 170June 25, 2019 11:11 AM

Pollsters and Social scientists have long suspected gay Rights support is a mile wide, but an inch deep. A large number of gay Rights supporters were Judd band wagoners who only went along when the predominant zeitgeist was progay. They felt no real affinity toward lgbt people or issues, they were nominally supportive. Now the tide is turning, they are joining the Antigay bandwagon.

by Anonymousreply 171June 25, 2019 11:14 AM

People want to associate with the dominant and powerful group. Now, conservatism is Alpha, liberalism is associated with losers.

by Anonymousreply 172June 25, 2019 11:15 AM

r60 That is the fakest story I've ever seen on DL, and that's saying quite something.

by Anonymousreply 173June 25, 2019 11:19 AM

I think gay activists got overconfident and vindictive, which has turned a lot of malleable middle folks off. They overplayed their hand by trying To make people accept homosexuality through law and punishment, instead of seeking tolerance that allows gay people to be who they are without forcing people with moral objections to endorse it. The war against bakers and florists was foolish and a legal disaster. There has been too much public broadly antiChristian talk from the gay country that is still majority Christian. Many have come to see gay activists as bullies and petty.

by Anonymousreply 174June 25, 2019 11:22 AM

There has been too much public broadly antiChristian talk from the gay community in a nation that is still majority Christian. Even a lot of people who don’t attend church recoil at the religious bashing that often goes on among secular liberal elites. It’s a cultural disconnect from the Heartland. Many have come to see gay activists as bullies and petty.

by Anonymousreply 175June 25, 2019 11:24 AM

When women and girls are seeing what is essentially the patriarchy colonizing all the safe spaces and equal opportunities they've spent a century building, a large number of them are not likely to remain supportive. And if you've never heard the phrase "Happy wife, happy life" you don't understand why women are the bellweathers and the bastions of public sentiment. I don't think they even hate Trans people, they just want them out of the shelters, the prisons and sports teams, etc.

As for why everyone in hetero relationships is identifying as some letter on the LGBTQIIA+ spectrum, it's simple: Hiring practices. When being a straight white person removes you from consideration for work in a capitalistic model that buys your food and shelter, you can bet your ass you're suddenly something in that list. Because who's going to go into your bedroom and say you're not? Absolutely no one.

And as for the youngsters caring about the planet and about the guns? In long run, the guns are what allows them to care about the planet and have a voice. Amendment 2 is responsible for the ability to wield Amendment 1 as desired. We must never, ever give it up lest we be forced back into the closet when 150 years from now someone far, far more antagonistic than Trump and his cronies shows up and wields the power of the law. Armament creates a peaceful society and humanity has never lived in more peaceful times than these when considered as a whole. It's because guns are more effective than pitchforks, the traditional reset button of the peasantry.

by Anonymousreply 176June 25, 2019 11:25 AM

Also, people are realizing that a lot liberals want to be just as unforgiving, intolerant, and capricious as conservatives. The way SJWs go after transgressors has been frightening to moderates who think we should live and let live and accommodate divergent beliefs. The attempt to punish people to enforce a progressive orthodoxy has unleashed a fearsome backlash.

by Anonymousreply 177June 25, 2019 11:27 AM

I don't buy in this poll. The sample size is 2,000 people, which is decent, but if it is divided into multiple parts - both in gender and age, as was done in the analysis described - the error margins gets too large and the results lose reliability. The only measure that GLAAD published with the full sample, without breakdowns, shows, on the contrary, an increase in support for LGBT rights (from 79 to 80%).

by Anonymousreply 178June 25, 2019 11:29 AM

R173 nothing fake about it. It’s sad you’re so stupid you believe gays are beloved.

Welcome to REAL LIFE. It’s sad it took you so long to get here.

by Anonymousreply 179June 25, 2019 11:33 AM

[quote]The addition of Trans and every other crazy after that is what is affecting gay rights. People can see the mental illness emanating from the alphabet soup.

I think that a lot of people, even those who may be personally uneasy with it, can wrap their minds around the concept that there are people are wired to be attracted to the same sex. Intellectually, they can understand that - it's a black and white thing in their minds. When it comes to bisexuality, some of them grow a bit more uneasy - that starts hitting them a little closer to home (what if their significant other is attracted to both men and women? What if they have some secret life that no one knows about?) Once we start getting into 'fluidity' and non-binary and pansexual and changing your gender and being born in the wrong body and all this other shit, that's where those people check out. It's too much for them. They can understand an otherwise ordinary person who is attracted to their own sex, but they don't WANT to understand somebody who wants to pump their body full of hormones, claiming to be a woman even though he looks like a linebacker, and is demanding to share a locker room with females. That's too weird, too threatening and too whacked out on some deep primal level for a whole lot of people. It upsets the order of the world too much. And since the T is now being emphasized and has basically taken over as the public face of LGBT, these people are turning away from their support - which for some time had been predicated on the notion that gays were just like straights emotionally, except towards the same sex. Now they see all kinds of stuff that they can't and don't want to process, that is NOT just like them. In short: LGBT has become too freaky, after a long period where they had been convinced otherwise. Then there's the thought and language policing, which is exhausting and ridiculous. Add in Trump and his relentless encouragement of ugliness in our country, and here we are.

by Anonymousreply 180June 25, 2019 11:46 AM

I haven't lived all these years as a gay person to give a fuck about what a bunch of cunts decades younger than me think. FUCK. THEM.

by Anonymousreply 181June 25, 2019 12:02 PM

Told you all you should end the utopia way of thinking.

by Anonymousreply 182June 25, 2019 12:13 PM

R1 of course wants to blame trans folks, but we all know this is because of Trump, Pence and the alt-right like our own R1.

by Anonymousreply 183June 25, 2019 12:26 PM

no, its the trans activist

by Anonymousreply 184June 25, 2019 12:29 PM

let me change that to the "queer "activists

by Anonymousreply 185June 25, 2019 12:39 PM

The gay rights movement, the civil rights movement, and the feminist movement have all been high jacked by zealots and outliers. If J Edgar Hoover was still alive, I’d swear it was a government plot. The majority of the USA is straight, Christian identifying, fond of guns or at least gun rights, and the cops and military. Yet each of the movements I mentioned seem bound and determined to alienate the “average” American. Can you say backlash?

Most people in our country are not like us. They don’t understand us and often fear us. Lectures and protests only adds to their fear and angst. And the further “out there” things get, i.e., trans rights, no guns, a woman as a Priest or President, the harder they push back.

Make no mistake, I believe a woman should be able to be a Priest or the President (and have control of their bodies too), guns should be controlled much better, and if someone wants to live as the opposite sex of their birth, let them (live and let live). However, the approach many advocate groups take only pisses people off. There needs to be education to counteract all the lies of the alt right , firm but respectful boundaries (we aren’t pansies or martyrs), and a sincere dialogue with true listening. Just like MLK practiced.

We’re entering a more conservative culture unfortunately. How do we come together as progressives to not only survive, but continue to make strides in our rights? Being “in your face” is NOT working!

by Anonymousreply 186June 25, 2019 12:39 PM

R172. Well said. I will say liberals are associated with freaks and whimps.

by Anonymousreply 187June 25, 2019 12:48 PM

Why is there one douchebag here railing about Pride Parades? Fuck off, cunt.

Pride Parades have been around for decades. The lower acceptance of gays is not about parades, it's about daily hate in media.

I'm sure that in Germany daily hate of Jews in the media made young people like them less.

I'm sure that in the 40s daily hate in the media about Japanese people made young people like them less.

I'm sure that in the 50s daily hate in the media about black people made young people like them less.

I'm sure that in the 60s daily hate in the media about Mexicans made young people like them less.

I'm sure in the 70s daily hate in the media about feminist women made young people like them less.

I'm sure daily hate in 2000s daily hate about Muslims made young people like them less.

Young people are imbeciles with empty heads waiting for someone else to tell them what to think.

Someone is telling them to not like us and they're doing just that.

It has nothing to do with parades and everything to do with anti-gay media.

by Anonymousreply 188June 25, 2019 12:54 PM

I'm sure in the 80s daily hate in the media about gays made young people like US less.

I'm sure in the 90s daily hate in the media about gays made young people like US less.

And I'm sure in the 2018 daily hate in the media about gays made young people like US less.

by Anonymousreply 189June 25, 2019 12:56 PM

Good thing I don't give a shit what 'youth' think. Considering they'll all have to swim to work when they get older, I'd say they ave bigger things to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 190June 25, 2019 1:00 PM

R188. It is not the media fault when a grown man at a pride parade has his dick out in public around children. Your logic is flawed because young people are seeing the hedonism and debauchery that goes on among gay men in a supposedly family friendly events. It is not the media reporting grown men in cock rings walking around.

by Anonymousreply 191June 25, 2019 1:03 PM

Those of us who tried to tell the rest of you how fucked up trans, pans, and queer theorists are and how they've turned literally everything into a fucking freakshow circus; need to seriously start paying fucking attention now! Before all the work of gay and lesbian rights gets undone even worse than it already has because of the trans, pans, and queer theorists freaks. Get rid of them from out LGB, or exit the fuck now from the madness, because something majorly serious and majorly drastic needs to happen, or is going to happen; to fix this bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 192June 25, 2019 1:06 PM

Again R191 with a complaint about Pride parades.

The parade is one day a year you moron.

Antu-gay media works everyday of the year against us.

Young people are NOT going to parades in droves. They are online daily, constantly. That is where the hate is coming from, as evidenced BY YOUR PRESENCE ON THIS GAY FORUM.

You're not at a parade spouting anti0gay rhetoric, you're on a gay forum spouting anti-gay rhetoric.

Now fuck off you shit.

by Anonymousreply 193June 25, 2019 1:08 PM

R191 exactly. They’re so in denial.

They really don’t think acting like fools in public makes people feel a certain way?! Get real!!!

by Anonymousreply 194June 25, 2019 1:09 PM

So R66, some little know actor who is nothing more than a pretty face should dictate how society functions?

Why is it always the straight white men who want to dictate what is funny or permissible?

by Anonymousreply 195June 25, 2019 1:09 PM

Children shouldn’t be at a Pride Parade r191

If for no other reason, zealous right wing protesters with guns may show up and shoot people.

This past weekend I had friends at OKC Pride and sure enough there were some nut job protesters.

So, don’t take kids where dicks or guns may be brandished. Simple.

by Anonymousreply 196June 25, 2019 1:10 PM

^^^Sorry, R166.

by Anonymousreply 197June 25, 2019 1:10 PM

It may be time to end the parades. I've noticed that the only ones who go now are trans, out of touch eldergays, and young gay for pay types.

by Anonymousreply 198June 25, 2019 1:11 PM

R198: AGREED.

by Anonymousreply 199June 25, 2019 1:13 PM

The Pride parades are now corporate and all about making money. That’s it. They aren’t actually about gay rights or even celebrating us.

by Anonymousreply 200June 25, 2019 1:14 PM

I'd like a bit more info on the question that was asked. According to the GLAAD executive summary, Allies are 'non-LGBTQ respondent who were either “very” or “somewhat”comfortable in all situations' and that 'respondents whose comfort level varied across situations" were not deemed allies, but rather Detached Supporters. I dare say the majority of DLers would only make the cut as Detached Supporters.

History teaches us that we go in waves from more liberal progressive times to conservative times (with permissive Wiemar and regressive Nazi Germany an extreme example). We are absolutely moving into a more conservative era, not just with gay rights but with women's rights, refugees and the like. You can see this everywhere - the US, most of Europe, Australia, Canada.

by Anonymousreply 201June 25, 2019 1:14 PM

R200: EXACTLY.

by Anonymousreply 202June 25, 2019 1:15 PM

[quote]young people are seeing the hedonism and debauchery that goes on among gay men in a supposedly family friendly events.

Who is doing [italic]that[/italic] supposing? When did gay pride become "family friendly"? Not saying I want Folsom Street Fairs, but "family friendly"? Nah.

by Anonymousreply 203June 25, 2019 1:17 PM

[quote]She isn't a bigot. I am not nor are my friends. Take it or leave it, but this is what I am seeing on my side. We aren't Trump supporters at all.

R119 Funny that you have an issue with trannies in female spaces, but have no issue with women--you and your mother--in gay spaces like our bars.

[quote]She has been to gay bars in her day, drag shows and even has a cute little twink work friend she completely adores.

OMG! Mom has her own pet gay! That's totes adorbs! You must be so jelly!

I'm not defending trans people invading female spaces, but I won't defend your support if it comes with conditions on us.

by Anonymousreply 204June 25, 2019 1:20 PM

r31, the transactivists say the same thing about us; that being homosexual is"gross", that it's "disgusting" to not want sex with a woman and her vag if she says she's a gay man, or a man who, cock and all, who says he's a lesbian'. It's transactivists who want to trans kids who would otherwise more than likely grow up to be intact, healthy gays able to enjoy sex.

by Anonymousreply 205June 25, 2019 1:21 PM

[quote]When did gay pride become "family friendly"? Not saying I want Folsom Street Fairs, but "family friendly"?

Since PRIDE (tm) became sponsored by corporations like Coca Cola, Chase Bank, and Disney.

by Anonymousreply 206June 25, 2019 1:24 PM

R193. You are a fucking piece of work. When was the last time you visited a saint Patrick's day or other ethnic day parade and you saw people walking the parade completely naked. Your defensiveness is childish and stupid. If gay men want straight people to not think of them as freaks they need to make it less x rated. A parade should be family friendly not an exhibition for sexual debauchery.

by Anonymousreply 207June 25, 2019 1:24 PM

R66 is correct. Nailed it.

The people blaming “trans” are actually a big part of this hate. They align with our traditional enemies on the far right and the religious right. They feed this hate themselves.

by Anonymousreply 208June 25, 2019 1:25 PM

Block every known pro trans, pro pansexual, pro queer identifier, pro queer theorist, and even bisexuals on this Thread as many times as possible. They wrecked everything and will continue to gaslight gay men and lesbian women, and the outside world, so that they don't have to take responsibility for how they fucked everything up. They need to be ignored completely. They started all this shit.

by Anonymousreply 209June 25, 2019 1:28 PM

It is because they're trying to force everyone to reject reality with their imaginary genders and pronouns. It isn't enough for them to live in their own alternate universe, they have to try and force all the rest of us into it as well. Boy George, David Bowie, and Prince wore and acted however the fuck they wanted and nobody asked questions about their pronouns or referred to them as non-binary. Why is it so bad to be just a plain old "man" or "woman"? It doesn't mean you have to look or act any particular way. It is just what you are, not who you are.

In my opinion, most of these people just attention whores who want to feel unique and special. Or they're just boring people with no personality at all so they use the whole "non-binary" thing to fool people into thinking they're interesting. Or they're just plain psycho. Maybe a mixture of all 3.

by Anonymousreply 210June 25, 2019 1:30 PM

I think Pride needs to be separated into an all-ages Pride fair, in a park,, and have the real Pride march at night, for adults. To be honest, I can't understand why that seems to not be happening in some cities.

by Anonymousreply 211June 25, 2019 1:30 PM

R204, Sorry, if the truth bothers you. I was trying to demonstrate she isn't a right wing lunatic.

She is actually tired of everyone's sexuality gay or straight hanging out there. That is the best way I could describe her attitude. She doesn't care, but doesn't need to know.

by Anonymousreply 212June 25, 2019 1:34 PM

I’ve always been the gay nephew and while my family accept me (and my non-white husband) without drama, I have an aunt who will share Facebook articles about the Trannies taking over women’s and girls’ sports. Yes, this is a real issue and it’s talked about. And my family are upper Midwest blue collar dems that have been shifting republican over my lifetime. Only my direct family is liberal.

For years, the queers and SJW activists have looked down on assimilationist gays and lesbians as privileged and living sad quasi-closeted lives. But they never hear how much people revile them because they’re such control freaks. I heard it in college all the time in the early aughts.

This is why the ubiquitousness of “LGBT Community” or worse, LGBTQ community openly uttered by someone (and not sarcastically) is genuinely repugnant to me. I am not “a member of the LGBTQ community.” For me, that term is not only trite and condescending, it’s borne from an ideology of perpetual bitching and a complete refusal to meet people where they are.

I’m a gay man, a married gay man, and that’s my own form of everyday activism and awareness.

by Anonymousreply 213June 25, 2019 1:37 PM

And we adore you, r213, just the gay you are.

by Anonymousreply 214June 25, 2019 1:40 PM

Mass shootings on the rise and most perpetrators are straight conservative males and that’s led to security concerns at Pride Parades, but yes, gays are the problem!

There are active shooter drills in schools now because of (mostly) straight conservative males, not gays who may show their dicks in an adult parade once a year. But yes, gays and their parades are what’s bad.

I guess it’s okay straight chicks show their tits during Mardi Gras though, right?

by Anonymousreply 215June 25, 2019 1:42 PM

R215. Public nudity at a daytime parade is inappropriate regardless if is a gay pride or mardi gras.

by Anonymousreply 216June 25, 2019 1:46 PM

R215, you'll be delighted to know, in the name of Trans equality, that we now have murderous Trans school shooters too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217June 25, 2019 1:51 PM

r215 public nudity anywhere is not a justification to hate?an entire group of people. And unlike you it seems) hate, which often leads to violence in this country, concerns me more. Guns or other forms of violence scares me more than once a year dick exposure.

by Anonymousreply 218June 25, 2019 1:52 PM

r217 there have also been female mass shooters. However, statistically speaking, most mass shooters are straight males. And you know that.

by Anonymousreply 219June 25, 2019 1:55 PM

[quote]Public nudity at a daytime parade is inappropriate regardless if is a gay pride or mardi gras.

R216, you are talking about a complete different subject. Very few Pride events future nudity and pride is not anywhere near the top of the reasons why Gay rights are taking a hit.

Gay rights are now lumped with the alphabet soup which has hurt gay rights by association. The fact that a freak like Stefonknee Wolscht can be part of Gay Rights by association, LGBT, will hurt Gay Rights. Most parades don't even use Gay in their title name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220June 25, 2019 1:55 PM

feature*

by Anonymousreply 221June 25, 2019 1:55 PM

R215. What does it have to do with guns and shooting. People can be concerned about both and your deflection is ridiculous. America has always been concerned about overly sexual situations around children and gun violence. Hyper sexual public situations might not bother you but it does other people. It does not matter if it a day a year.

by Anonymousreply 222June 25, 2019 1:56 PM

Trans first destroyed MichFest. Now they’re coming for the “bitch fest”. This is why we can’t have nice things.

by Anonymousreply 223June 25, 2019 1:57 PM

Ever since I heard the rumour that Muriel was born Marvin, I’ve felt very uncomfortable here.

by Anonymousreply 224June 25, 2019 1:58 PM

R220. I am referring to people with children who might want to attend the gay parade by bringing their family thinking it will be a family friendly event. I don't think most americans even attend parades in general.

by Anonymousreply 225June 25, 2019 1:58 PM

[quote]I think Pride needs to be separated into an all-ages Pride fair, in a park,, and have the real Pride march at night, for adults.

My city doesn't have a parade, just a festival -- which includes a "family fun zone" sponsored by one of the area's biggest employers.

by Anonymousreply 226June 25, 2019 2:01 PM

r222 because kids are more at risk of being shot than seeing nudity at a parade. Don’t want your kids to see nudity at a sexuality parade? Don’t take them! Protecting them from bullets in a day to day basis? That’s a little tougher nowadays.

Also, seeing someone naked is not fatal. Getting shot often is.

by Anonymousreply 227June 25, 2019 2:01 PM

[QUOTE] I think Pride needs to be separated into an all-ages Pride fair, in a park,, and have the real Pride march at night, for adults.

What will "adult pride" consist of? Some mans on all fours wearing a dog collar?

by Anonymousreply 228June 25, 2019 2:04 PM

R219, sure, most school shooters are nominally straight (though who knows whether trying to suppress their natural sexuality may have contributed to the mental illness for some of them?). However, I don't know where you get that most of them are conservative. Thinking of the most famous shootings, I don't see the evidence. The Columbine shooters were certainly not conservative. The Virginia Tech shooter was Asian and as far as I know not motivated by conservative ideology. The Sandy Hook shooter was plain insane and I don't think he was ideologically motivated either. All of these people had one thing in common: They were motivated by resentment and grievance, and they were mentally ill (and taking drugs to "treat" their various illnesses). Sorry for the derail, as this thread is not about school shootings. But I wanted to correct the record. School shootings, in the shooters' minds, are about redressing a feeling of grievance, so it's not surprising that Trans are getting in on the action now.

by Anonymousreply 229June 25, 2019 2:06 PM

Why the HELL are you queens talking about school shootings?!?!!!!

by Anonymousreply 230June 25, 2019 2:18 PM

The country is becoming incredibly dumb. Cartoons, video games, sports, pigeon English on Smartphones, tattoos...

When you look at culture from 50 years ago, people at least made some attempt to be dignified. Now it's your ass hanging out; your tits hanging out; looking hot so someone will fuck you.

'a mine is a turibel thang 2 waist'

by Anonymousreply 231June 25, 2019 2:18 PM

The majority of gays do not attend gay parades. Those that do, do not prance around naked. Blaming an upsurge of gay prejudice on Gay Pride Parade behavior on how a small minority behave is stupid. Most of us gays don’t prance around naked even once a year. So certain people on this thread are either self-loathing gays or homophones trying to justify their prejudice.

If it’s because of media portrayal of gays, then we should hate all straight conservatives, especially males. The media portrays most serial or mass violent offenders as straight conservative males. And serial or mass violent people make up a TINY percentage of the population. So fearing or hating ALL straight conservative males would be STUPID.

Ergo, being prejudiced against an entire group of people (gays) over once a year behavior by a small minority of that group is stupid.

That all said, at least the prancing naked gay people aren’t killing people with their actions; anymore than straight folk are during their Mardi Gras shenanigans (straights sometimes expose themselves in parades too).

by Anonymousreply 232June 25, 2019 2:21 PM

Pride parades have become completely irrelevant. Acceptance is a double-edged sword. How many gay bars have closed down because gays can just go to other, better, clubs now? It’s a shame because there’s something special about walking into a gay club filled with gay men.

Any decline in support for LGBT people clearly has fuck all to do with Trump and everything to do with Trans. I feel bad for the actual homosexual trans people. Their identity has been usurped by transvestites. If you can’t see the writing on the wall, you’re illiterate.

Want to increase support for gays and lesbians? Stop purposefully seeking out Christian bakeries to challenge and instead seek out Muslim bakeries or Hasidic Jewish bakeries!

by Anonymousreply 233June 25, 2019 2:21 PM

R232, I agree. I think the decline in support is because SJWs have made leftism about as cool as Bob Dole. Memes and the right have fun; the left can’t meme and polices fun. I doubt actual support has changed so much as what someone feels like expressing. “I’m not an LGBT ally (to young women) = I’m not some ugly land whale loser!”

by Anonymousreply 234June 25, 2019 2:24 PM

If there's no night-time, adult Pride March, and just the one daytime event, then they need to section off an area and confine the 18+ activities there. Just like organisers of other all-ages fairs will have an area cordoned off for sale and drinking of alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 235June 25, 2019 2:33 PM

It's all about the T's. When Obama started in on the restroom issue, the big bubble of people that are in the middle said "whoa" this is too much and it pushed them away. The SJWs latched on to the issue and pushed it hard. That turned people off even further.

The Ts took all the work that has been going on since Stonewall and hijacked it.

It's not Trump. He hardly ever speaks about gays.

by Anonymousreply 236June 25, 2019 2:35 PM

Over a decade ago, I was trying to tell people on DL (probably several of you reading this right now) that the younger generation wasn't nearly as liberal as you guys claimed, that they were scared and conservative like their Boomer parents became in the 1980s, and that there was a right-wing backlash that was catering to the teens on places like eBaums and 4chan.

I can't believe it took so long for people to finally see it.

And make no mistake: the anti-trans trolls here are part of why younger generations are less liberal. Gullible fools and young, inexperienced kids who spend their lives online see people astroturf comments sections and forums with "Obama and the Democrats pushed scary trans on people and the only logical response was to run to big daddy Two Scoops" enough times and for enough years that it starts to affect them.

Propaganda works, they wouldn't spend 15 hours a day online posting propaganda if it didn't.

It's up to the sane among us to try to stop it. Maybe now that you see what's been happening you'll stop shrugging it off and indulging trolls.

by Anonymousreply 237June 25, 2019 2:45 PM

Stuff like this doesn't help

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238June 25, 2019 2:47 PM

Both probably, R232. DL has always skewed older and conservative. People casually talk about people with "peasant stock" or forcing women to wear skirts to work, or suggesting anyone not white be sequestered off into their own jobs or neighborhoods, say things like "the blacks should be thankful for white gays coming in and cleaning up their filthy neighborhoods," things like that. It's so much a part of the DL culture that I think about 90% of regulars not only don't notice it, they probably nod in agreement and move on.

The argument that gays are tacky, immoral and always trying to be nude around kids is decades old and it doesn't surprise me one bit that it's all over this thread. DL selects for far-right, self-hating filth.

by Anonymousreply 239June 25, 2019 2:50 PM

[quote]Based on my conversations with kids, middle school age and older, it's nothing to do with lifestyle really, as this generation is pretty live-and-let-live. It's about the oppressive language police and the many teens attention whoring with "gender fluidity,"

There is absolutely no chance that even if you were a teacher or school employee, you'd have had a significant number of conversations with kids about "the PC thought police."

Are you also the lady who claimed to have talked to a large number of students who were entering college in the fall, who all hated the "PC liberal cultures" on campus and preferred conservative state or religious schools?

Anyone who thinks for even a second about what you say knows you're a liar.

by Anonymousreply 240June 25, 2019 2:53 PM

I think there is a growing feeling that gay activists have become the villains, the oppressors. The constant kneejerk refrain of “bigot” against anyone who has a conservative sexual ethic has only antagonized and hardened opposition, and made Antigay people into sympathetic figures. There is a widespread feeling that the gay community is trying to force people to accept homosexuality instead of just seeking legal equality and peaceful coexistence with people who disagree.

by Anonymousreply 241June 25, 2019 2:53 PM

[quote]the anti-trans trolls (...)Maybe now that you see what's been happening you'll stop shrugging it off and indulging trolls.

r237 Why does people who are "anti trans" always have to be trolls? can't anyone have a different opinion without being considered a troll anymore?

r239 From the post directly above you, as long as this keeps happening they'll have that argument

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242June 25, 2019 2:54 PM

Public nudity is inappropriate period. An event that sponsors it deserves to be viewed as a freak show

by Anonymousreply 243June 25, 2019 2:55 PM

Bi-sexuality is exploding- in secret. They're trying the old trick of pretending to be anti-gay so no one would ever imagine they were having same sex hook-ups.

by Anonymousreply 244June 25, 2019 2:56 PM

Is that Soggy Biscuit walking down the street?

by Anonymousreply 245June 25, 2019 2:56 PM

Appeals to shared family values, commitment, and monogamy through marriage equality and adoption issues bolstered gay Rights. Focusing on crockpot gender theories and forcing people to service gay weddings is harming it.

by Anonymousreply 246June 25, 2019 3:06 PM

r243 the vast majority of gays do not prance around naked even once a year. So, what’s your point? The very, very few that do justifies all out homophobia? Then I guess it’s okay to hate all men because a teeny, tiny minority make up the majority of all serial violent offenders. That’s ridiculous. You’re justifying prejudice toward an entire group of people on the basis of the behavior of a tiny fraction of that group. That’s stupid.

by Anonymousreply 247June 25, 2019 3:06 PM

Lots of nudity at Burning Man, yet n straight people condemn that.

by Anonymousreply 248June 25, 2019 3:07 PM

R86, I don't agree that GenX caused their own problems, they were largely inherited thanks to Reagan-era greed. (And I don't know what R88 thinks they're proving, because one rich GenXer doesn't somehow negate actual statistics on GenX wealth.)

A lot of my fellow GenXers are becoming more and more conservative, but I think that's something we're seeing across a lot of generations.

This started a long time ago, probably with 9/11, to be honest. Far right-wing websites were dismissed back in the early 2000s as being just the insane fringe, but the things people like Vox Day and Michelle Malkin and Glenn Beck were saying in the early 2000s are mainstream now. The Tea Partiers turned into the alt-right and the entire GOP trolls their own constituents and the media every single day.

by Anonymousreply 249June 25, 2019 3:09 PM

[quote]The trans community never acknowledge that the trans women that are murdered are mostly street hookers.

Yeah, you fuckheads say this a lot. "Well, of course they were murdered, they were hoorz."

You're trash. Why don't you fuck off and take the "straight 40-something woman" who is telling us what to think with you. You're not part of the gay community. You keep forcing yourself into our community while crying hysterically that "the trans are forcing themselves into your community."

Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 250June 25, 2019 3:15 PM

[quote]the vast majority of gays do not prance around naked even once a year. So, what’s your point? The very, very few that do justifies all out homophobia?. You’re justifying prejudice toward an entire group of people on the basis of the behavior of a tiny fraction of that group. That’s stupid.

Not r243, but it doesn't justify it, it explains why it happens. You think straight people that know nothing about what LGBT people does or doesn't do everyday will understand that this is just a minority?

by Anonymousreply 251June 25, 2019 3:16 PM

[quote]Sorry, if my opinion bothers you.

There, fixed it for you R212.

by Anonymousreply 252June 25, 2019 3:18 PM

[quote]Because some of you sociopaths probably can't be motivated on the grounds of empathy, let me assure you: trying to get them to hate the trans or bisexuals will only protect you for so long, and you are stoking the fire that will be used to burn you.

They won't listen and they don't care.

Half of them aren't gay anyway, but are "straight 40-something women" here to tell us what to do and how to behave.

by Anonymousreply 253June 25, 2019 3:18 PM

Small, unpopular minorities can’t afford to be freaks and creeps publicly. It’s not fair they are subjected to more scrutiny, but it’s reality.

by Anonymousreply 254June 25, 2019 3:18 PM

[quote] Appeals to shared family values, commitment, and monogamy through marriage equality and adoption issues bolstered gay Rights.

This, again and again.

Let's not forget that when the smart lawyers decided who their litigants were going to be for the supreme court case, they picked the most sympathetic: two elderly lesbians, in a committed relationship, one disabled and cared for by the other.

by Anonymousreply 255June 25, 2019 3:19 PM

Ah, I see the person I was referring to at R240 is actually R161 here on this thread.

As if anyone believes they know tons of 18-year-old kids going to college this fall, all of whom have said they're scared of the PC thought police and want to go to safer colleges without skeery skeery libs.

by Anonymousreply 256June 25, 2019 3:19 PM

R215 the last big mass shooting was by a presumably straight black man

by Anonymousreply 257June 25, 2019 3:19 PM

R207 You are a fucking piece of work. When was the last time you visited a saint Patrick's day or other ethnic day parade and you saw people walking the parade completely sober and not fighting. Your defensiveness is childish and stupid. If straight people want gay people to not think of them as freaks they need to make it less drunk and violent. A parade should be family friendly not an exhibition for drunken and violent debauchery.

by Anonymousreply 258June 25, 2019 3:22 PM

r248 Burning Man is an event that literally takes place in a fucking desert, not in the middle of the street where everyone can witness it, so what's your point?

by Anonymousreply 259June 25, 2019 3:22 PM

[quote]And the further “out there” things get, i.e., trans rights, no guns, a woman as a Priest or President

None of these things are "out there." They're all issues that have been part of the cultural conversation since the 1970s.

What you're describing is regression. We have regressed so much it's as though people like Geraldine Ferraro, Alma Bridwell White, Harvey Milk and James Brady never existed and never had any impact on our culture.

by Anonymousreply 260June 25, 2019 3:25 PM

Good point r259

by Anonymousreply 261June 25, 2019 3:25 PM

r251 most homophobes know it’s a minority. They don’t care. They are prejudiced and use the behavior of a minority within the larger group to justify their views and behaviors. If they weren’t already prejudiced, they would take the time to learn the truth about the group or groups they have come to hate and fear, instead of immediately swallowing whatever rumors or propaganda they see or hear.

Prejudice against all gays over gay pride behavior equates to hating all Christians because of Westboro, Eric Rudolph, and child molesting preachers and priests.

by Anonymousreply 262June 25, 2019 3:26 PM

Gay pride event behavior is a secondary or tertiary reason for the backlash. I think the main reasons are the fact the President and government (and spin Courts) are now Antigay are huge; the religious liberty issue has gained traction; and a backlash over trans issues.

by Anonymousreply 263June 25, 2019 3:34 PM

Just like Hillary, gay activists and progressives have misread the times and the mood of the nation. It’s an era of nativism, a thirst for the return to traditionalism, and Alpha thinking. The antiPC movement is in power, and it’s changing the culture

by Anonymousreply 264June 25, 2019 3:38 PM

R258. Seems tiresome reposting comments.

by Anonymousreply 265June 25, 2019 3:38 PM

R259 There are kids present at Burning Man.

by Anonymousreply 266June 25, 2019 3:38 PM

I know a straight guy in his 30s who's more tolerant of "support animals" than gay people, gay men in particular.

He loves animals.

by Anonymousreply 267June 25, 2019 3:39 PM

R265 seems tiresome with his lack of reading comprehension.

by Anonymousreply 268June 25, 2019 3:41 PM

r266 Blame the parents then who took them there VOLUNTARILY, that's not always the case with prides though.

by Anonymousreply 269June 25, 2019 3:48 PM

R269 took his lovely heterosexual family out for soft serve ice cream and just happened to walk into the middle of a Pride Parade chock full of naked men!

The poor dear.

by Anonymousreply 270June 25, 2019 3:51 PM

The last pride parade I went to, I witnessed six, very hirsute bears violate a twink on the main parade float. The twink hadn't even cleaned himself out so it was like watching six chili dogs flop around. Hardly family style entertainment,

by Anonymousreply 271June 25, 2019 3:52 PM

R268. Probably walks around naked with cock rings during pride parade. He sees no problem with it.

by Anonymousreply 272June 25, 2019 3:53 PM

That's right R272!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273June 25, 2019 3:59 PM

r261 Pride is a celebration of sexuality. It should never be promoted, treated, or viewed as family entertainment. So, don’t take children to or near a parade celebrating sexuality. Simple as that. BTW, been to Mardis Gras, seen overtly sexual behavior between straights. Also saw children there. Yet no outrage against straights. Funny that.

by Anonymousreply 274June 25, 2019 4:09 PM

Celebrations of overt sexuality should not be permitted on public streets and venues, if it means displaying nudity, vulgarity, and other things inappropriate for children

by Anonymousreply 275June 25, 2019 4:12 PM

r179 I don't believe "gays are beloved". Gay men in particular are more likely to suffer hate crimes than any other minority. But your story is fake.

by Anonymousreply 276June 25, 2019 4:13 PM

[quote]Pride is a celebration of sexuality.

No it isn't. That some people choose to make it about sexuality doesn't change the fact that it is not.

by Anonymousreply 277June 25, 2019 4:13 PM

R273. Good to know you are fat and basic. No self respecting gay man will want to have sex with you so stop pretending that other people want to see you naked. Nothing worst than a delusional queen.

by Anonymousreply 278June 25, 2019 4:18 PM

r275 That’s not the real reason homophobic attitudes are on the rise. I’m disturbed by Cosmo and Maxim in magazine racks within view of children and those publications are overtly sexual. I’m disturbed by anime and it’s overt sexualization of females geared toward adolescent boys. YET, despite the hyper sexuality occurring in many forms of straight media, there is no increase in hatred of straights. The reason is because many straights ALREADY fear or disapprove of gays and there are many more straights than gays. They get away with using a tiny sample of gay sexual behavior to justify prejudice, while ignoring the overwhelming heterosexual sexual behavior or media children are exposed to daily. It’s prejudice, plain and simple.

by Anonymousreply 279June 25, 2019 4:29 PM

*in media

by Anonymousreply 280June 25, 2019 4:30 PM

Oh, and “its overt....” I hate autocorrect!

by Anonymousreply 281June 25, 2019 4:34 PM

Some food for thought.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282June 25, 2019 4:36 PM

America has always treated the view of a penis differently. Then you add two penis in the equation and most people get uncomfortable. Most people are used to female nudity compared to male nudity. Besides adult male body is seen as an aggressive in your face form of sexuality that most people male or female can't tolerate. We are still a sexually conservative country to an extent.

by Anonymousreply 283June 25, 2019 4:41 PM

All the blather, and yet what everyone is forgetting is that it is the support of women, gay and straight, that got gay rights. Gay men are too small a % to do that alone.

Now legislation already passed by the Trans/ Gender Lobby, is starting to affect women in very negative ways. The poll might be reflecting this, given the drop in women's support.

A man just won a woman's national track championship. That narcissistic creep, the Cyclopath, won a woman's event and then was all over TV boasting about it.

While you live in your bubble, women are getting creeped on by men in the sex-segregated spaces they fought so hard for - the % doesn't matter, it's the fear that's engendered by even one incident - and there are lots of incidences, that the national media ignores.

The whole abortion debate and the Trans/Gender Lobby nagging, "Not everyone who needs an abortion is a woman" outrages many women on a subconscious level.

Banning pussy hats at a pussy march for being "transphobic." Corporations calling women "menstruators"

Drag Queen Story Hour in public libraries. "I AM JAZZ" being read to pre-Kindergartners. The SOGI (Sexual Orientation Gender Identity) education , teaching five-year-old Jayson he might be trans if he likes dolls, being made mandatory in schools.

tl;dr The Trans/Gender Lobby has awakened a sleeping giant - women, traditional supporters of gays, and as women realize their rights, their spaces, their athletics and their kids' minds are under attack they are withdrawing support.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284June 25, 2019 4:46 PM

r270 Yes, everyone who doesn't agree with you is either a troll, a frau or straight...

by Anonymousreply 285June 25, 2019 4:51 PM

So trans folks have co-opted and taken over what used to be “the gay community” all to commit total gay erasure in favor of “forced transing of children,” but also Pride is a bacchanalia of man-on-man gay sex performed in front of children?? Really??? Which is it, trolls? Is it the horrific trans boogey-people dragging down fine upstanding gay (white) men, or is it those dirty fags doing their dirty fag sex in front of children?

This is what the rest of us mean when we say to take these transphobic posts with a grain of salt. They can claim all they want that they’re long-time openly gay pioneers who bravely paved the way for the limited rights and acceptance we enjoy now, only to see it co-opted by “freaks” bent on gay erasure, but in the end they all wind up soundIng exactly like our historical right-wing enemies. They can’t help themselves. Even if these posters are actually gay, they’re most likely of the self-loathing, log cabin republican type.

The claims above are laughable and ludicrous to anyone who’s been to Pride lately, anyway. It [italic]is[/italic] a tamer, more family friendly event these days, and less focused on sex or hookup culture. Church groups, student unions and families with gay parents and/or LGBT kids are well represented. Pride is truly LGBT, with women, femmes, trans and non-binary people as a whole predominating much more than just gay men.

It’s also corporate as fuck, and often with a strong and official police presence, both of which make many people uncomfortable. What used to be a protest is now a loving homage to/collaboration with the establishment. To claim it’s also a transgressive public sex orgy for child spectators is just stupid. Anyone saying this knows nothing about Pride events today.

It looks like our right-wing trolls are confusing the average Pride event today with the Folsom Street fair, which is not even exclusively gay and has nothing to do with Pride. This hysteria reveals their ignorance of actual gay culture these days, and an apparent acceptance of the worst narratives that the right spins about us, which certainly doesn’t lend credibility to any of their other claims about being gay or opposing “gay erasure.”

by Anonymousreply 286June 25, 2019 5:09 PM

I really think this has little to do with who occupies the Whitehouse. I doubt that young people pay much attention or get their "news" from the same sources that adults do.

by Anonymousreply 287June 25, 2019 5:12 PM

Just because DADT is dead, marriage equality has passed, and parental rights are expanding, it doesn't mean that gay individuals and our relationships will automatically be accepted. Look at the Civil Rights movement for people of color in this country. A Civil Rights Bill was passed in 1964, 100 years after the Civil War and end of slavery. Did that translate into acceptance of black people or other minorities of color by the white-dominated society? The answer to that question tells you that our fight for acceptance continues.

This backlash does not surprise me in the least. And do not blame trans people! The election of that racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile was a symptom or a reflection of the discontents in American society. We do not live in a truly diverse society. Conformity to hetero-normative institutions, ways of thinking, and forms of expression is still too powerful in our society. We must protect our liberties. We must push for legislation that protects our jobs and protects us from discrimination in housing. The fight continues. This backlash will continue. There are sinister and creepy individuals and institutions pushing back. We need to push back against them.

by Anonymousreply 288June 25, 2019 5:14 PM

It is not the trans effect. Rather it is the Trump effect where open season on minorities is encouraged. It really is that simple. It will only go so far, especially with young people. But I never expect LGBT folks will not have to endure some level of prejudice just as it has never disappeared in race and religion. It seems to be a human trait. You see it all over DL, and probably if I read all the posts on this thread, lots of fear, hate, bile, and bullshit directed at transgender people, as seems ubiquitous on DL. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 289June 25, 2019 5:21 PM

R287, don’t be so simplistic. Hate crimes have skyrocketed since Trump was elected; you can’t seriously claim to not know that. Sure, kids aren’t getting these cues directly from FOX news or right-wing radio, but their Deplorable parents do.

Are you going to claim that parents don’t influence and shape their children’s political views? What about the rabidly conservative cultures these kids live in? Does Covington Catholic ring a bell with you? Plenty of kids today are proud MAGAts, just like their parents, teachers and neighbors.

This hate doesn’t spring out of a vacuum. It is taught. Stop deflecting.

by Anonymousreply 290June 25, 2019 5:22 PM

R288- you're a fucking moron - The Equality Act, and similar state legislation, GUTS all the rights women have fought for, GUTS women's sex-segregated spaces, GUTS women's athletics - and women are just starting to be affected, hence the drop in support.

Lesbians and Marxists feminists - far from "Right Wingers" - across the world are leading the charge against the Trans/Gender Lobby.

I have warned for years that there would be a backlash once women realized what was happening, and that the backlash would encompass gays because they've been cemented in with the freaks under lgbTQ+++

And sweetheart @ R286, it could be both.

PRIDE was broadcast on network TV. In at least one PRIDE (LA?) a little drag kid was front and center.

Mandatory SOGI education, from kindergarten on, is teaching young kids that if they are "gender non-conforming" they are the opposite sex.

Legislation already passed makes it illegal for parents to stop their pre-pubescent children from taking puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones.

In California, "misgendering" is punishable with a JAIL TERM.

Science is under attack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291June 25, 2019 5:24 PM

I blame the trans and the rest of the alphabet soup. We should just be the LGB - trans, incels, etc. can piss off and do their own thing.

I'm gay and I'm sick of the so-called LGBTQIA+++ community, so imagine how sick of it straights must be.

by Anonymousreply 292June 25, 2019 5:25 PM

Most of the straight women who helped fight for gay rights were Baby Boomers. They are senior citizens now. Most senior citizens these days are more concerned with surviving on Social Security and Medicare and in many cases, providing support and care to aging parents and husbands. Many of them are also developing health problems such as heart disease, COPD, and diabetes. Gay rights are not a high concern.

For Gen-X women, many are still working full-time. They are often caring for their aging Baby Boomer parents AND their grandkids. And as a small, ignored generation, many do not feel they can make much of a difference anyhow. What do they care about gay rights?

Millennial women are perhaps the most likely to support gay rights. However, they’re now in their prime earning and breeding years. They’re busy.

Gen-Z females are the most conservative generation in decades. Many of them long for “family tradition and values.” They’ve bought the lie that things were better when women stayed at home and raised a family while the husband made all the money.

This all said, speaking as a white person from a conservative background, many straight white Americans do not “support” anyone outside their “kind.” By support I mean, voting with our (gays) welfare in mind, writing their congressmen, donating to our causes, and showing up for protests. And quite a percentage of straight whites outright do not approve of anyone outside their “kind.” They’re the type to vote against our (gay) interests, donate money to special interest groups looking to introduce and pass anti-gay legislation, organize protests against our rights, etc.

We are now going back to a time when it’s safe again to be open and honest with all prejudices, including homosexuality. Most women I know don’t know anyone trans and don’t dwell on it much. Which is not to say they shouldn’t be concerned and that none of them are concerned. However, most females I know here in the Bible Belt are concerned with the economic survival of their families. Then they fear the unraveling or their cultural and “moral” values. And they fear the “other”(pretty much anyone not like themselves in every way). This includes BOTH gay and trans. And yes, most of them know full well there’s a difference. They don’t care. We gays are simply not like them. And that’s enough.

Again, writing from the Bible Belt (but I’ve lived all over).

by Anonymousreply 293June 25, 2019 5:26 PM

R290, you're confusing "hate" with "feeling increasingly uncomfortable" . I don't hate trans people, but I am very uncomfortable with many of their political demands and trans theories of "gender" . Please keep that shit very far away from me.

by Anonymousreply 294June 25, 2019 5:29 PM

I think the anti gay ones have always been there, Trump has just made them more comfortable voicing it just like their racism. Some of us are trying to counter that with the way we raise our kids though, and encouraging them to stand for what's right.

by Anonymousreply 295June 25, 2019 5:30 PM

R293, what part don't you get about women are starting to be directly affected by the idea that any man can be a woman and access spaces where actual women are naked or otherwise vulnerable?

Real life is butting up against the massive brainwashing attempt the Trans/Gender Lobby has been engaged in the last few years: turn on NPR and it's All Trans All The Time.

Hollywood, the ACLU, Planned Parenthood, women's groups, corporations, the New York Times, Teen Vogue, even local papers, have spent the last few years gaslighting women into thinking that "TRANSWOMEN ARE WOMEN."

But now, real women are seeing that most Transwomen are autogynephiles - heterosexual, cross-dressing fetishists, often narcissists to boot,

And real women are starting to see that their rights are under attack, certainly their children's minds and healthy bodies, and so real women are starting to pull support.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296June 25, 2019 5:34 PM

All the people--or rather, person--claiming Pride parades are gross and sexual and WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN probably have a computer full of some of the most disgusting porn imaginable.

by Anonymousreply 297June 25, 2019 5:44 PM

[quote]Nothing worst than a delusional queen.

R278...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298June 25, 2019 5:50 PM

Well no fucking shit, of course young people's patience for tranny narcissism and hysterics is growing thin. Ask the same question but this time separate sexual orientation from gender identity politics and you will see a totally different picture.

Nowadays you can be run off social media for "misgendering" and other ridiculous forms of wrongthink. Take a look at this thread and the universal support it received.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299June 25, 2019 5:55 PM

I've been saying here for ages that straight women are actually quite homophobic. Some posters here didn't believe me because of the shipping culture. The thing is, those crazy shippers are a very small but vocal minority. Most straight women are not like that at all. Why do you think Hollywood producers won't hire out gay actors? They're still catering to straight women and their fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 300June 25, 2019 5:58 PM

Friendly reminder R105, Dataloungers aren't murdering trans folks.

by Anonymousreply 301June 25, 2019 5:59 PM

If we break down gays and lesbians, I think the Trans community should be broken down into 2M and 2F.

I really like many of the 2M I meet. I never seem to picture them ever as women.

It is the penis hating 2F cunts I have a problem with.

Same goes with male and female Bis.

THEN they should run the poll.

As a Gay male, I am an ally to Lesbians, Bi sexual women, and 2M transgendered guys.

I am not an ally of Bi sexual men and 2F transgendered women.

I support EVERYONE's Civil Rights.

Has anyone ever polled internal LGBT alignment?

by Anonymousreply 302June 25, 2019 6:12 PM

This is all feeling very much like social engineering..the splintering of interest groups into micro groups, the fury over the appearance of things vs reality. Sinister, like what happened in the 60s peace and civil rights movements when they were infiltrated by 'bad actors' , bad drugs, and serial killers. 21st century Laurel Canyon. Rome burns while the screen glazed plebs fiddle and fight over their bread and circuses.

by Anonymousreply 303June 25, 2019 6:12 PM

R293 except it's not a lie about things being better when women were raising babies and men made the money, it's TRUE and most women, even "feminist" women would quit their job in a heartbeat if they found a handsome husband

by Anonymousreply 304June 25, 2019 6:19 PM

R300 The classic female yaoi fans, also known as "fujoshi", died circa 2016. Now they've taken their gay fetish to a whole new level and are calling themselves 100% legit gay males. If you disagree with their assertion that gay men can like like pussy or that abortion that is the "neophallus", they will call you a "TEHM" (trans-exclusionary homosexual man, aka the gay version of "TERF") and Literally A Nazi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305June 25, 2019 6:20 PM

r296 Most of the women in the Bible Belt are not pro-choice. Also, I’m a gay woman and their tolerance of me grows less and less daily (it seems). It has nothing to do with transphobia (which they also have) and everything to do with how, in their minds, gay people like me changed the “moral fabric” of the country and destroyed “family values.” In their tiny minds, the trans movement is BECAUSE we got “rights.” Oh, and many Gen-Z women in this area think women’s rights went too far too. And these attitudes are open here and into the South and probably discreetly held on both coasts and up north.

BTW, I’m more afraid of a few straights in my neighborhood than the two MTF folks I know about in my area and with good reason.

The “red” parts of this nation are vast. And they are vocal. Prejudice against gays, women, and minorities is more open now than in the last two decades. The increase in racism and the attack on women’s rights are not due to the trans movement. Ultimately, the increased homophobia in this country is not either. Although the media may have you believe that.

Many, many straight people are not comfortable with minorities, especially immigrants, gays, and women in positions of power. They never were. However, for a time they felt they had to keep those opinions, attitudes, and behaviors quiet. Today they feel emboldened.

Many in our country are just finally being open with their prejudices again and getting away with it. Frankly, until we accept the fact that many, if not most in our country simply hold prejudice toward gay people, I don’t see us getting anywhere.

Yes, there are those who have “turned” on the gay community and they blame the trans movement for this. But do you really think they truly accepted us to begin with if they blame us for the trans movement? Like it’s our fault??? That in and if itself is proof of ingrained homophobia. Blame them durn gays for the tranny problem!

They just don’t like us. Trans movement or not.

by Anonymousreply 306June 25, 2019 6:23 PM

R306 As a lesbian, how do you feel about this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307June 25, 2019 6:27 PM

Or how about this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308June 25, 2019 6:28 PM

R298. I have never owned a gun in my life. Not everyone that is not in favor of public nudity is a rightwinger. Thanks for playing the stupid liberal. R297 just because we think children should not exposed to overt sexual expressions does not mean we secretly love gross porn images. Stop projecting .

by Anonymousreply 309June 25, 2019 6:29 PM

R283, people don’t want to see penis in public because it is often used as a weapon to rape women & children. It has nothing do with sexual mores.

by Anonymousreply 310June 25, 2019 6:30 PM

And this?

Bear in mind nothing I have posted comes from "fringe" segments of transgender activism. This rhetoric is promoted by transgender organizations (formerly known as LGBT orgs, formerly known as gay orgs), "dyke" marches and even the Women's March.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311June 25, 2019 6:30 PM

[quote] I don't believe "gays are beloved".

Some are, but not the type in diapers on a parade float

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312June 25, 2019 6:31 PM

R310. That is what I meant when I stated that the penis is seen as a aggressive form of in your face sexually speaking. It makes people feel uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 313June 25, 2019 6:36 PM

R275, I ran out of FFs (in this thread) before I could give you one. Know this: I don't give a FUCK what children think of gay pride. Not one single FUCK.

What are you doing here?

by Anonymousreply 314June 25, 2019 6:39 PM

R307, I think you need to do a bit of research on Trans/Gender activists and their attitudes/actions towards lesbians.

Last year, at the San Francisco Dyke March, lesbians were physically attacked by "transbians" - heterosexual men who fetishize womanhood - the term is autogynephiles - for stating biological truth - LESBIANS DO NOT HAVE PENISES.

Just this month, lesbians who proudly declare that they are SAME-SEX, not same-gender, attracted at Euro Pride, Edinburgh Pride and Lancaster Pride have been attacked or harassed by lgbTQ +++ marchers.

Lesbians were banned by a New Zealand Pride and were attempted ban at London Pride, for stating that lesbians are women who love women.

Lesbians at Vancouver Pride and London Pride last year were also harassed by trans and their supporters.

Transgender activists, most of whom are heterosexual men, or gay men who also fethishise womanhood, hate women, and they hate lesbians for standing up to them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315June 25, 2019 6:40 PM

Just think about it, and how much sense IT DOES NOT MAKE:

"Not everyone who needs an abortion is a woman"

by Anonymousreply 316June 25, 2019 6:41 PM

I didn't read through the whole thread so if this has already been said, my apologies.

I read online somewhere that while the much maligned millennials are actually very liberal and progressive as a whole, the generation coming up directly under them are leaning more conservative.

by Anonymousreply 317June 25, 2019 6:43 PM

Video of lesbians from Get the L out, at Euro Pride, standing up for GAY people and SAME-SEX attraction against the QT++++ horde

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318June 25, 2019 6:50 PM

r307 I’m more concerned a straight male raped me recently to punish/fix me for being a dyke. I’m now looking at moving because he got away with it and he lives near me.

Funny (not funny) story, I was talking with my Gen-Z co-workers and the topic came up about trans “women “ in sports beating out biological females. Almost all agreed the problem was girls being in sports in the first place. Then they lamented the fact that high schools nowadays do not teach home economics and sewing. Oh, and sports made girls too butch (with side glances at me).

That’s the world I live in and exists in the “heartland “ of this country.

Yeah, I’m a”TERF.” Right now, that’s the least of my fucking worries. It wasn’t like this (or at least as bad) when I moved here 8 years ago. But the last couple of years have been literal hell.

by Anonymousreply 319June 25, 2019 6:51 PM

Oh and in case you're wondering about what went down at the Women's March: The organizers literally invited rapist-in-a-dress "Cherno Biko" to speak on stage in DC. If that wasn't fucked up enough, the victim (a woman who calls herself a man), went on social media to defend the guy who tried to forcefully impregnate her. She never reported the crime because she doesn't want to oppress trans"women".

Transgender activism and transgender politics are poison.

by Anonymousreply 320June 25, 2019 6:51 PM

Hey, R316, you left out the most important part, the clapbacks.

"Not 👏 everyone 👏 who 👏 needs 👏 an 👏 abortion 👏 is 👏 a 👏 woman"

Actually, it's far, far more persuasive if you YELL it too.

"NOT 👏 EVERYONE 👏 WHO 👏 NEEDS 👏 AN 👏 ABORTION 👏 IS 👏 A 👏 WOMAN"

And then you should preface it with an angry, accusatory phrase declaring that your reader is presupposed to be a loathesome bigot. The phrase should contain the word Y'ALL and be written in fake AAVE.

SINCE SOME OF Y'ALL STILL LIVIN AND BREATHIN HATE I'M FINNA SERVE UP SOME TRUTH:

NOT 👏 EVERYONE 👏 WHO 👏 NEEDS 👏 AN 👏 ABORTION 👏 IS 👏 A 👏 WOMAN

Only then do you repeat it, because repetition is what truly wins hearts and minds.

SINCE SOME OF Y'ALL STILL LIVIN AND BREATHIN HATE I'M FINNA SERVE UP SOME TRUTH:

etc.

by Anonymousreply 321June 25, 2019 6:52 PM

R317 GenZ are even more liberal than Millennials. The idea they lean conservative writer came up with on the basis of no data whatsoever. She (the writer) has also been caught putting words in the mouths of the youths she interviewed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322June 25, 2019 6:53 PM

[quote]* The idea they lean conservative is something a Republican writer came up with on the basis of no data whatsoever. She (the writer) has also been caught...

by Anonymousreply 323June 25, 2019 6:55 PM

OMG, my Gen Z niece talks casually about civil rights today as I screamed in the 70s.

She self identifies as questioning.

Gen Z is not militant. They get it.

by Anonymousreply 324June 25, 2019 6:57 PM

Gay Pride has been lewd forever, retards. Supposing the poll is right, Pride explains nothing in the results. Grow the fuck up. And don't breeders have Mardi Gras?

by Anonymousreply 325June 25, 2019 6:57 PM

R319 Considering transgender-identifying males in the West are overwhelmingly sexually attracted to women, show the exact same patterns of violent criminality as their non-trans peers and have a vested interest in the complete eradication of legal protections for women, I'd definitely be worried about their behavior.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326June 25, 2019 7:00 PM

HELP!! How do you pronounce "autogynephile?"

I pronounce it AUTO-GUY-NEH-FILE. Is that right?

by Anonymousreply 327June 25, 2019 7:01 PM

[quote]show the exact same patterns of violent criminality as their non-trans peers

Well, that Reddit file is some peer reviewed journal, r326.

by Anonymousreply 328June 25, 2019 7:03 PM

R328 How about politely asking for a source like a normal human being and not acting like an unhinged passive aggressive idiot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329June 25, 2019 7:07 PM

Lesbians are more violent than straight women, therefore they aren't women.

by Anonymousreply 330June 25, 2019 7:08 PM

And in case you wanna link me to that pathetic Trans Advocate article where they force one of the researches of that study to publicly repent and rescind her findings:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331June 25, 2019 7:10 PM

The solution is very simple.

1) kick out the alphabet soup out of the Gay Rights movement.

2) Create new advocacy organizations that will fight for gay rights.

3) Reclaim Gay History which is being co-opted and destroyed by non-gay groups.

by Anonymousreply 332June 25, 2019 7:12 PM

Actually, transgender "women" have a 19-65% lifetime incarceration rate

This is according to studies done over the years, reported by the June 2018 of the journal PRISON HEALTH, available on the US government's website.

By contrast, the general population has a less than 3% lifetime incarceration rate. Women have a well less than 0.01%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333June 25, 2019 7:19 PM

[quote]How about politely asking for a source like a normal human being and not acting like an unhinged passive aggressive idiot?

How about not misdirecting people from your statement about violent criminality to a study about post-op TG illness?

Stop being a cunt.

Conclusion:

This study found substantially higher rates of overall mortality, death from cardiovascular disease and suicide, suicide attempts, and psychiatric hospitalizations in sex-reassigned transsexual individuals compared to a healthy control population. This highlights that post surgical transsexuals are a risk group that need long-term psychiatric and somatic follow-up. Even though surgery and hormonal therapy alleviates gender dysphoria, it is apparently not sufficient to remedy the high rates of morbidity and mortality found among transsexual persons. Improved care for the transsexual group after the sex reassignment should therefore be considered.

So, having a peinectomy and orchectomy and vagynoplasty is insufficient to make M2Fs HAPPY.

Dear God, I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 334June 25, 2019 7:24 PM

Thanks, Trannies!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335June 25, 2019 7:27 PM

R334 Fuck, you really are an idiot.

See that thing with the letters? That's called a keyboard. Open the study, press the key that says "ctrl" and the key that says "f". Finally, type "criminality". This is what you get in case you are that mentally and physically impaired:

"Second, regarding any crime, male-to-females had a significantly increased risk for crime compared to female controls (aHR 6.6; 95% CI 4.1–10.8) but not compared to males (aHR 0.8; 95% CI 0.5–1.2). This indicates that they retained a male pattern regarding criminality. The same was true regarding violent crime. By contrast, female-to-males had higher crime rates than female controls (aHR 4.1; 95% CI 2.5–6.9) but did not differ from male controls. This indicates a shift to a male pattern regarding criminality and that sex reassignment is coupled to increased crime rate in female-to-males. The same was true regarding violent crime."

by Anonymousreply 336June 25, 2019 7:35 PM

Gay males are [bold]less[/bold] likely to commit violent crimes than any other denomination, including heterosexual women.

Now that is true Gay pride.

by Anonymousreply 337June 25, 2019 7:41 PM

r178 I pointed out the same problems with this type of sloppy polling a day or so ago and it is no coincidence that most survey/polling is conducted to advertising, marketing and PR shops - studies that adhere to stringent statistical models are expensive and require university and government funding (even Pew and Gallup have sacrificed quality as the death of landlines and public annoyance at intrusive junk calls have caused response rates to plummet and makes truly randomized phone samples elusive). So clients who commission these polls use them to shape and form public opinion much like push-polling in political campaigns. But GLAAD has succeeded in getting mainstream and niche media to parrot their press releases and gets millions of dollars in return for a few grand in marketing expenses.

by Anonymousreply 338June 25, 2019 7:43 PM

r307 Well, I wasn’t raped by a trans woman, I was raped by a straight man. I’m not afraid of trans women in my neighborhood, I’m currently afraid of a few straight men. Despite this, I don’t hate or blame ALL straight men for this nation’s many problems.

I’m a gay woman living in the heartland of our nation. The culture here and the politics here are highly impactful. Books have been written about it (e.g. What’s the Matter with Kansas) and articles (see below). And despite what the media tells you, here in the Midwest, trannies are not the cause of homophobia.

Ironically, I personally believe the rise in the trans movement is because straights don’t truly accept us gays. So young people are trying to change their gender in order to be “straight “ and thereby fit in. The straights and their homophobia led to the trans movement. And their ingrained homophobia blames us gays for it.

Again, the lessening of support for gays and the increase in overt homophobic behavior is not due to the trans movement. It’s due to homophobia being “okay” again. But make no mistake, that homophobia has ALWAYS been there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339June 25, 2019 7:44 PM

My God there are fucked up people on this thread. It's simple people- LGBT rights are human rights. For most of the 20th Century scientists pretty much came up with the same garbage about criminal behavior etc etc for homosexuals. Some of you insist on it all over again for trangender folks without ever considering other variables that lead to marginalized lives. I mean why do you care to tell others what and how to interpret their gender and identity? Why? Are you the same who would tell women how to take care of their reproductive health? Why do you think you have this privilege. LGBT rights are human rights. Period. Live and let live folks- it's hard enough to manage your own life, let alone that of others.

by Anonymousreply 340June 25, 2019 7:45 PM

Buzzfeeds poll is slightly more rigorous than GLAADs but I doubt it will see much traction since it contradicts the militant anti-police and anti-corporate positions that are almost dogmatic among twitter activists and the extremists who have taken over much of the Canadian pride committees...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341June 25, 2019 7:47 PM

R339 When over 60% of transgender-identifying males are sexually attracted to women (source: National Center for Transgender Equality), they ARE the "straight men" you're talking about. When the likes of "Jessica" Hambrook and "Karen" White go on their rape sprees, they ARE the "straight men" you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 342June 25, 2019 7:53 PM

Oh, fuck off Charlie. The Equality Act, already passed by the US House, GUTS women's rights, women's sex-segregated spaces and women's athletics.

In California you can GO TO JAIL for "misgendering.

There was no T in LG, until they forced themselves in.

And R339 - I don't know what to say - you are so proudly misogynistic in a handmaiden type way - so perhaps actually read the thread and see why women have a problem with trans activism's erasure of their rights.

by Anonymousreply 343June 25, 2019 7:54 PM

Heterosexuality is a form of rape.

by Anonymousreply 344June 25, 2019 7:58 PM

This is a gay male speaking and this trans agenda has been one of the most vile assaults on the history, progress, social and emotional health of the gay community in recent history. What many don't understand is that this agenda is not new. The trans agenda has been around for CENTURIES and has been a slow poison been transmitted thru largely Hollywood, the media, certain elite families, and has exploited the gay male as a temporary parking place to advance the real objective.

The FTMs out there are not to be believed. There are more than anyone realizes and they are some of the most admired, desired, and emulated specimens on the planet, and I'm here to tell you they are a FRAUD. The psychological "number" they have done on straight women, and the way the MTFs have fucked with the minds of straight men are all the explanation we need for the reason the male population is so confused, disengaged, diluted, and ineffective in relationships.

Authentic gay men are being ousted and ostracized by seeing thru this malice and refusing to be a part of it, and many of the genuine young beautiful women are sensing the evil and malintent beneath these creatures that are now targeting the children. The most important and enduring effort the gay male can make in combat of this cancer is not rebellion, not counterattack, not name calling or shaming. It is in hitting them and these money making, exploitative "pride" organizations and events where they feel it the most. In their pocketbooks. Divest. Withdraw. Save your money. Don't watch their shows. Don't buy their products. Don't go to their events. Don't throw a lead penny of your hard earned money in their direction and cultivate as many genuine relationships with those like-minded gay men of sincerity and authenticity and stick together. Make them understand that you are as powerful a force as believe themselves to be and will NOT be denigrated or diluted by their egregious and audacious attempts to savage your happiness, infringe on your freedoms, and rewrite the history that you lived and died for!!!

by Anonymousreply 345June 25, 2019 8:06 PM

[quote] LGBT rights are human rights.

R340, you mean Gay Rights. [bold]Gay Rights[/bold], you have countless of posts describing what is happening to Gay Rights and you don't care.

Your take away is asking Gays if they are intruding with the reproductive rights of women??? You clearly know Heterosexual white men are cutting women's rights, but the homophobe that you are does not allow you to call out straight men instead.

Not only are you out of topic, you are doubling down on the alphabet soup. You are not gay, nor belong here.

by Anonymousreply 346June 25, 2019 8:08 PM

I'm pretty sore any youths would be uncomfortable with the shrieking harpies in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 347June 25, 2019 8:13 PM

From USA TODAY yesterday (no pun intended)

[quote] Black transgender women also deserve credit for the state of LGBTQ progress today.

Here's a look at why we owe Pride month to them and how we can all be better allies in a dangerous landscape for black LGBTQ people.

What happened at Stonewall? Say her name: Marsha P. Johnson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348June 25, 2019 8:19 PM

r342 How many straight men try to become women in order to rape women statistically? I mean, let us be serious. Most men who rape remain men in form and style. The vast majority of people who have been raped describe perps that appear MALE in physical form and dress. No dresses. No wigs. No make up. No acrylic nails.They describe men in non-feminine attire.

Oh sure, Little Red Riding Hood met the big bad wolf dressed up as granny. That’s a fairytale. And there’s the old story of the man dressed up as an old woman sitting in some damsel’s car with an axe. That’s an urban legend.

But in reality, the vast majority of male rapists live as the sex they were born, males.

Hell, dressing up in a dress, heels, makeup, and such is hard work. I don’t even do it. And I’m a woman! Add chasing down and subduing a victim (as was done to me) and it seems to be added pointless work. Victimizing women does not require looking like one. Those who go that route have a pathology that would do it anyway regardless of the trans movement.

This trans rapist propaganda is on the verge of hysteria. And it deflects from the real problem of ingrained homosexual prejudice in our country.

by Anonymousreply 349June 25, 2019 8:23 PM

We are going to miss those SJW everyone loves to make fun of.

by Anonymousreply 350June 25, 2019 8:28 PM

Welcome to Translounge, where trans folks come to bitch about anything and everything going on in their lives to gay, lesbian, and bisexual people...non-stop...and monopolize every conversation to make it ALL about them, at ALL times...

by Anonymousreply 351June 25, 2019 8:36 PM

R349's argument has an obvious logical fallacy.

by Anonymousreply 352June 25, 2019 8:38 PM

[quote]Welcome to Translounge

And I thought that the original DLers were the original ersatz cunts.

Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 353June 25, 2019 8:41 PM

90% of transgender "women" keep their male genitalia, according to a 2015 survey of 28,000 transgenders done by the National Center for Transgender Equality.

63% of transgender "women" are attracted to women, according to the same survey.

One in five American women will be raped, according to the US Center for Disease Control.

There are more than one million registered sex offenders in the US, 98% of them male.

How, R349, is an 11-year-old girl, or an 82-year-old woman - supposed to know whether that "woman" with the beard, adjusting his lady dick in her locker room is a pervert or not?

Are you going to invent some kind of decoder ring, R349, so that women can tell which naked man is a "woman" and which is a leering dick? And what if that naked "lesbian" with a penis starts to get a, you know, erection?

Why should any survivor of sexual assault have to be re-traumatized just so that a mentally ill man can "live his truth"?

by Anonymousreply 354June 25, 2019 8:55 PM

Always good to remember the urban elites of Weimar Germany went hardcore into degenerate tranny stuff, all while the rest of normal germany were in economic hardships. Which was one of the things that led people to go 'well fuck that fucking shit'

by Anonymousreply 355June 25, 2019 8:59 PM

R309 anytime I hear some loon screaming about "the children" I have to assume they're some disgusting human being. There are far too many examples of you people being degenerates.

by Anonymousreply 356June 25, 2019 9:05 PM

preach r354... But really I don't know if these women hate themselves, it seems like so many people who are liberal and dem just blindly support the T without realizing what they are doing. They want to be on the side of "good", they just didn't notice that the lines have moved.

by Anonymousreply 357June 25, 2019 9:05 PM

R355, honestly, few kids today are taught history to that level. What they're learning in school is a bunch of SJW snippets strung together episodically. I bet if you asked 1000 of this year's high school grads -- hell, college grads -- maybe 50 of them, if that, could even vaguely identify the Weimar Republic. This lack of education is why they can't see the signs when things are turning bad. It's one thing to scream helplessly at the sky about Trump.... it's an entirely different thing, which they're not capable of, to try to understand how the hell we got here, and how it could get much worse.

by Anonymousreply 358June 25, 2019 9:09 PM

the whole tranny thing is so absurd that it makes gender meaningless which in turn questions the whole validity of trans to begin with. Its a paradox. Most MTFs keep their dicks, because its ludicrous mutilate a major sex organ.

by Anonymousreply 359June 25, 2019 11:37 PM

[quote]Most MTFs keep their dicks, because they are men. And they know it.

by Anonymousreply 360June 26, 2019 1:33 AM

R256, I said before you don't have to believe me--then I gave you the facts on the enrollment issues at schools like Evergreen and Oberlin. I didn't, by the way, say kids preferred more conservative schools. I said they preferred schools in or near cities--as well as larger and public ones.

And I'd say it's less that the kids are afraid of the thought police than they are fed up with being lectured and told what to think. Very few people like the idea of being hassled about pronouns.

However, at least where I am, I'd say Pride parade displays have nothing to do with any of it--possibly in more conservative areas, butwhere I am people still remember Pride's early raunchy roots.

by Anonymousreply 361June 26, 2019 2:20 AM

This is what people are associating LGBT with:

Male freaks taking advantage of women. This guy broke an opponent's legs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362June 26, 2019 3:46 AM

Its because of the T. I don't mean any disrespect but gay rights were progressing EVERY YEAR until the T became to dominant our focus. Most straights bros love gay men who are masculine acting. Drop the fkin T already.

by Anonymousreply 363June 26, 2019 7:08 AM

Read the (almost 2000!) comments on this Yahoo article about this same poll if you want to see what people bothered enough to comment on the poll have to say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364June 26, 2019 7:18 AM

It's more than 3,000 now and the ones I waded through at the top pretty much say, gay is fine, but the aggressiveness is not. And, yeah, trans came up.

The telling thing is that it's young women--i.e. not people who love Trump. I think it has very little to do with Trump--GLAAD may want to rethink its approach.

by Anonymousreply 365June 26, 2019 9:15 AM

I knew this would happen when you started throwing the t and everything else after that into the mix.

by Anonymousreply 366June 26, 2019 9:39 AM

All of this will truly start to boil when the 2020 Olympics start, and the MTF start DOMINATING the female competitions. This is the first Olympics that will allow MTF to compete as female without undergoing surgery and the only requirement is one(!) year of HRT. I have for a while thought that the Olympics will be where we as a society are forced to face the "women's sport" issue head on; people grumble about the CT track runners et. al, but those are isolated enough incidents that people can pretty much ignore them--the Olympics? Not as much.

How Gay Inc. and the lgbT satellite organizations address this will be a deciding factor in whether gay support takes an accompanying hit with t support or not. Sadly, we all know what is going to happen (HRC, GLAAD, etf. on TV calling all straight people who believe in fair sport bigots), and the backlash that follows THAT is what I fear.

by Anonymousreply 367June 26, 2019 10:50 AM

At this rate Trump will be President for life.

by Anonymousreply 368June 26, 2019 10:55 AM

Anyone who thinks this is not because the TRAs is delusional. The biggest indicator is the drop in female support. It's not Trump. Many black women have been raising their voices against TRAs and I doubt they are Trump fans. Lesbians are dealing with TRAs bullying and imposing their dicks on them. They have been targeting feminists and women in general with slurs and threats of violence for rejecting their cult-like rhetoric. We've all seen how these TRAs are getting all the money and support from companies and liberal media, while women's rights are being trampled on and very few people in power are raising an eyebrow. FFS, even Planned Parenthood have abandoned women and are focusing on TRAs and their hormonal treatments.

Some trans people are reasonable and understand the damage the TRAs are doing, but they are few and the damage is already done. The T should have never been part of the LGB movement. The T is a dismorphia, not a sexuality. Allowing the T in was the beginning of the end.

by Anonymousreply 369June 26, 2019 1:31 PM

Thanks, r369. I did not know "TRA" until today.

[quote]TRA: An acronym for Trans Rights Activist. As distinguished from transgendered people in general, TRA is usually reserved as a pejorative for those who are perceived as the most demanding or politically extreme among trans folk.

by Anonymousreply 370June 26, 2019 1:38 PM

[quote]Almost all agreed the problem was girls being in sports in the first place. Then they lamented the fact that high schools nowadays do not teach home economics and sewing. Oh, and sports made girls too butch (with side glances at me).

I'm also in the Midwest, and at one job a lady got hassled for being gay because someone overheard her say she used men's unscented deodorant. In another job, I got accused of Satanism because I had a Viking rune on my keychain.

None of that has changed. What changed is that the lady who accused me of Satanism is now working at the local Kroger and bragged to me about getting an employee in trouble for having "too many" piercings which were "obviously code." When I worked with her, she'd have never gotten me into actual trouble with HR based on her crazy beliefs. Now, she can.

It has nothing to do with trans. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 371June 26, 2019 2:44 PM

[quote] It has nothing to do with trans. Nothing.

The falling of female support, females being the biggest allies of gay rights over the years, has nothing to do with the Trans movement?

The Trans movement which has targeted women's rights and gay rights alike is a big reason why support for Gay Rights has taken a s nosedive among the general public.

The Trans movement should be a separate entity. It should not be paired up with Gay Rights because it's destroying it.

by Anonymousreply 372June 26, 2019 2:56 PM

All the transgender bigotry is very disturbing. It is so similar to immigrant bigotry now and in the past (rape, crime etc). It is identical to homophobia (perverts waiting to get your children and convert everyone to their "lifestyle"), and racism- women being raped by black men etc. Same exact shit all over this thread.

When minorities are marginalized, dehumanized and denied basic rights- yes they do kill themselves at higher rates and yes they are more likely to succumb to substance abuse and "crime". This too is well documented in history and continues today particularly in marginalized black communities. Black live matter means blacks have the same rights as white people- not special rights, not more rights.

Someone on this thread insists that I am a misogynist because I think transgender folks deserve the same rights as all Americans supposedly guaranteed by the Constitution. I fail to see the jump to misogyny. That sort of jump is like the religious right declaring that their rights are infringed because they don't get to deny the rights of LGBT people- because the Bible tells them to.

As I have said before- trans rights are human rights. Period. They are humans first and foremost. Their gender identity does nothing to infringe on your life or rights. When they have justice, we all have justice. My cousin changed genders decades ago and has been happily married for 20 years. He has had the support of his family all along the way. I cannot imagine what might have happened to him had he not. Something to think about- walk a mile in someone else shoes.

by Anonymousreply 373June 26, 2019 3:12 PM

R373, [bold]not once did you mention Gay Rights[/bold]. A long winded essay and you couldn't bring yourself to mention the word "Gay."

This is how non-existent your "empathy" for Gay Rights really is...

by Anonymousreply 374June 26, 2019 3:27 PM

Tell that to Selina Soule and all the other young female athletes who are having their lives and rights infringed on. There is no justice in that situation.

by Anonymousreply 375June 26, 2019 3:28 PM

R374, I sure do: LGBT rights. I do not put rights for gay men above those for lesbians, bisexuals and transgender people. I put all of them on equal footing, as does the Constitution and the Bill of Rights in reference to the entire human species. In doing so I by no mean deny gay rights. You're nuts. You think what I posted was an essay? lol.

The history of the United States has been the more perfect application of the rights of man (including women) as expressed in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Transgender rights are gay right and are human rights. From Lincoln, to FDR to Clinton to Obama the language they each have used is a striving for "a more perfect Union."

by Anonymousreply 376June 26, 2019 3:42 PM

Tell that to the women, whose spaces they want to invade. Tell that to the feminists they threaten. Tell that to the lesbians they bully. Tell that to the women in sports.

I want trans people to have the same rights as anyone else: access to health care, jobs, etc... That can never involve homophobic harassment of lesbians and delusional entitlement to women's spaces, which is what the T is about now.

by Anonymousreply 377June 26, 2019 3:45 PM

r376 TRAs parasited themselves into a position from which they now control every gay organization. They've usurped our position in our own organizations, making our rights their rights, even though what we want are completely different things. They no more belong in gay organizations than Italians belonged in the Ancient Order of Hibernians, Charlie.

And yes, look what the TRAs are doing to women.

by Anonymousreply 378June 26, 2019 3:48 PM

[quote] I do not put rights for gay men above those for lesbians

Doubtful. Your essay mentioned Trans, Black Lives Matter, and you even name dropped the freaking Bible. Yet, you couldn't muster the effort to utter the word "Gay," let alone a thought for the Lesbians.

You do make distinctions, that's the problem.

by Anonymousreply 379June 26, 2019 3:55 PM

LGBT includes all- oracle. I don't think you can read. And my examples are just that, examples not an exhaustive of all marginalized groups. Trans have NOT usurped gay rights organizations at all. Not one. They do not want to "invade women's spaces, they do not threaten feminists, and they do not bully lesbians. That is all garbage; junk marched out by posters to marginalize them. I am arguing with bigots.

by Anonymousreply 380June 26, 2019 4:41 PM

R379: Like I have said, TRAs are anti-gay anti-woman bigots co-opting the language of civil rights activists to project their bigotry onto them.

by Anonymousreply 381June 26, 2019 4:44 PM

r380 "None so blind as those who will not see."

by Anonymousreply 382June 26, 2019 4:47 PM

Charlie has obviously never heard of Richard Masbruch. A sick animal who raped women who were locked in a prison with him. The state trapping these women with a transwoman was a cruel violation of their rights and no amount of your vapid lecturing will change that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383June 26, 2019 4:48 PM

Fuck off Charlie, you woman-hating, gay-erasing bigot.

by Anonymousreply 384June 26, 2019 4:48 PM

History shall judge every one of these condescending scolds who are willing to sacrifice a whole generation of gay youth to a bunch of greedy Big Pharma mercenaries as bigots, turncoats, charlatans, and traitors they are.

by Anonymousreply 385June 26, 2019 4:53 PM

Those Yahoo comments that I posted at R364 were eye-opening. I skimmed through probably a few hundred.

The gist: Most people are OK with gays, but they'e not huge fans of the rest of the Alphabet Soup.

They also feel that there's too much emphasis on LGBTQ issues , that they have to walk on eggshells around LGBTQ people/ could face employment problems if they don't, and that children are being indoctrinated in schools.

A sizable percentage mentioned transgenders invading women's spaces and athletics and hating the pronoun shit. And also that children are being told in schools that they can change sex.

I was shocked by how relatively reasonable the comments were- few people seemed to hate gays (it was the other letters and being forced to walk on eggshells around them that bothered them) and how few mentioned Jesus, the Bible, etc.

If those comments were any indication, gays have gained acceptance, but the Rainbow has become irritating, and there is real anger about transgenders being allowed to usurp women's rights, athletics and spaces.

by Anonymousreply 386June 26, 2019 5:00 PM

Everything hets complain about regarding us, is the same shit we've been dealing with for decades and continue to deal with today.

Welcome to our lives, assholes.

by Anonymousreply 387June 26, 2019 8:27 PM

I didn't see too many respondents making the distinction between G and T, r386. I noticed people bitching about our not liking it when people won't bake us wedding cakes. That seemed to be the most popular anti-gay comment.

by Anonymousreply 388June 26, 2019 8:33 PM

I'm sure the girls love losing track races to other " girls" with mustaches, who choose to identify as female, since they can't beat boys.

by Anonymousreply 389June 26, 2019 10:22 PM

I had to wait somewhere so read the comments on the Yahoo poll article at R364

The majority of them - like 99% - were along the lines of "GOOD" and "FINALLY" in reaction to support for LGBTQ dropping.

However, most people were OK with gays and lesbians, but didn't want to hear about them ad nauseam, and were not that OK with the rest of the letters because they seem ridiculous and demanding.

Most of the people were fed up with LGBTQ seemingly being a priority above other issues, all over the media and entertainment, and also having to watch what they say around LGBTQ people. Pronouns were an irritant.

Many did not want their children taught about LGBTQ in schools, but most specifically mentioned transgender.

Quite a few mentioned transgenders' encroachment on female spaces and female athletics.

by Anonymousreply 390June 26, 2019 11:41 PM

Just the messenger who has posted eighteen times on this thread and this is the only thread you have posted on. At least own your "cause".

by Anonymousreply 391June 26, 2019 11:49 PM

A lot of people think gay people are bullies and trying to force people of faith to accept homosexuality, in violation of their religious convictions.

by Anonymousreply 392June 27, 2019 12:01 AM

But do people of faith accept bisexuality?

by Anonymousreply 393June 27, 2019 12:11 AM

R393. Obviously no they do not accept bisexuality. It is a stupid question to ask in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 394June 27, 2019 12:14 AM

Reality has an anti-religion bias. You can't be a successful nation clinging to superstition and ignoring facts. Christians have been bullies for so long they think any push back makes them a victim. "There's a reason the forgotten man has been forgotten".

by Anonymousreply 395June 27, 2019 12:16 AM

But what if the bisexual is really masc and mainstream, loves football and Crossfit, and never gives into carnal desires, R394? Would people of faith accept him then?

by Anonymousreply 396June 27, 2019 12:23 AM

There are two primary reasons for this.

1.) The trans community is grossing young people and their parents out.

2.) Some in the gay community are too strident and self-righteous.

by Anonymousreply 397June 27, 2019 12:47 AM

R393 FEMALE bisexuality is widely accepted, it's even considered kinda normal for women, male bisexuality , not at all

by Anonymousreply 398June 27, 2019 1:00 AM

R393: Bisexuality and transgenderism/transsexualism, are both fucked up. They help no one or nothing. They create massive confusion. Both tell massive lies, and are the epitome of inauthenticity, instability, and incongruence.

by Anonymousreply 399June 27, 2019 9:20 AM

The fact that it's a drop in support by women tells you all you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 400June 27, 2019 10:26 AM

R398: That's because men and women are NOT the same! Many Studies support this heavily, especially the proof of true male bisexuality being significantly less common than female bisexualiy. It's hardly got to do with society accepting female bisexualiy more than male bisexualiy. It's got to do with the many biological differences bewteen men and women.

by Anonymousreply 401June 27, 2019 12:00 PM

It's the Trump Effect. Suddenly it's okay again to scream about people of color, immigrants, women because you can't get laid, gays, and anyone else different from yourself. He's empowering the worst sides of human nature.

by Anonymousreply 402June 28, 2019 1:59 PM

R402 People, including millennials, have wearied of a lifetime of being lectured to, over and over, about how they must think, act, and speak.

Millennials, women especially, also don’t like being told that men are women, by those with yard signs that say “we believe science is real!”.

Millennial women don’t want trans in their changing areas, or trans competing against them or against their daughters, in sporting events.

Will Dems please pay attention?

by Anonymousreply 403June 28, 2019 2:37 PM

People are normally suspicious and untrusting of people who are different from them. Today's youth or Gen Z are being raised by Gen X who are more conservative than Millennials. Gen X grew up in the 1970's and the 1980's where the use of gay slurs such as 'faggot' and "That's gay" were commonly used. About half of Gen X are Republicans. Gen X Democrats may be tolerant of gays but they aren't SJW's like Millennials. Gen X are often more skeptical and more suspicious than Millennials. The children of Gen X tend to be more brutally honest than Millennials and aren't interested in being PC or SJW's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404June 30, 2019 7:12 PM

We needs to go back to being Gays and Lesbians supporting Trans and Queer rights.

It is the rights we have in common.

by Anonymousreply 405June 30, 2019 7:18 PM

Yuck, R404.

That actually makes me glad millennials are overshadowing both generations on either side of them then.

by Anonymousreply 406July 1, 2019 7:18 AM

I think this study is inaccurate based on other polling l’ve seen of generation z.

by Anonymousreply 407July 1, 2019 9:15 AM

A Gallup poll shows an increase in the number of people calling themselves "pro-life" this year compared to previous ones. And yet another pollster, PRRI, also noted a strong increase in the number of people supporting religious based service refusals. The increase was worse with gays and lesbians, but it also happened to atheists, Muslims, Jews and blacks. What ones observes, therefore, is a generalized increase in conservatism, not simply an increase in rejection of gay and lesbian people. And this tendency can not be blamed on trans people; in fact, on PRRI's survey, there was less support for religious based service refusal against the trans (29%) than against gays and lesbians (30%).

by Anonymousreply 408July 1, 2019 9:37 AM

I can think of who's to blame. And it ain't gay men.

by Anonymousreply 409July 1, 2019 2:44 PM

DL shouldn't allow that fake news be spread on its platform, and that's what Ngo's "hate crime" attack was, a false flag and fake news.

by Anonymousreply 411July 2, 2019 1:47 PM

The alt-right are trying to co-opt progressive rhetoric for their own ends with the Andy Ngo situation. They don't care about Ngo and they have told multiple lies about the incident, they just want to keep saying "a GAY *JOURNALIST* ***OF COLOR!!!*** was punched in the face and you intolerant evil Nazi leftist goons DON'T CARE!"

If anyone on Ngo's political spectrum cared about gays, journalists, people of color, or violence during protests, we'd have heard about it by now. They don't.

by Anonymousreply 412July 2, 2019 1:53 PM

[quote] About half of Gen X are Republicans.

No.

43% identify as Republican, 48% as Democrat.

The number of conservative GenXers actually dropped from 2011 to 2017, by 5%. During the same time period, the number of GenXers who identified as liberal went up by 11%.

You're a boring liar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413July 2, 2019 1:56 PM

Hmm. There's video of the attack. He's a gay journalist. But it's fake news and didn't happen.

Yeah-uh!

by Anonymousreply 414July 2, 2019 2:45 PM

You mean the video where you can see people throwing slow mo punches that wouldn't even hurt Barbara Walters?

by Anonymousreply 415July 2, 2019 2:52 PM

You must have seen a different video R415.

by Anonymousreply 416July 2, 2019 2:56 PM

R413 I said, "ABOUT half of Gen X are Republicans."

I didn't say, "EXACTLY half of Gen X are Republicans", you stupid subliterate.

by Anonymousreply 417July 2, 2019 3:22 PM

r417 but 43 vs 48 split is massive when it comes to electoral politics in the US

by Anonymousreply 418July 3, 2019 8:28 PM

[quote] 43 vs 48 split is massive when it comes to electoral politics in the US

Not when you consider that most surveys have a margin of error of plus or minus 3 or 4 points. The difference between 43 and 48 may be a big difference, or it may be no difference at all.

by Anonymousreply 419July 4, 2019 12:47 AM

r419 Most of the survey data in this area is high quality with large sample sizes so margin of error would be much lower - between .5-1% - and the best comes from exit polling (2018 dataset is publically available by now).

by Anonymousreply 420July 5, 2019 7:55 AM

Ironically millennials and gen z are more likely to say they are "lgbt" but are less likely to know someone who is gay or lesbian than people over 35. I think young gay men and lesbians are less likely to be out than older gays and lesbians especially at work. The drop is in social support not political support. I chalk most of it up garden variety male focused homophobia. I know this goes against conventional wisdom but based on anecdotal evidence I say people are supportive of trans rights than gay right. I also think people are fine with lesbians it's gay men they don't like.

by Anonymousreply 421July 5, 2019 9:32 AM

R421, they are much more likely to be bisexual, “mostly straight,” or fluid, and not really identity their sexual identity as a major part of their identity

by Anonymousreply 422July 5, 2019 11:01 AM

[quote]Ironically millennials and gen z are more likely to say they are "lgbt" but are less likely to know someone who is gay or lesbian than people over 35.

That's easy to explain. The older you are, the more people you have met, and therefore the more likely it is that you know someone with any given characteristic. I'd bet older people are also more likely to know a Jew and a Muslim, too.

by Anonymousreply 423July 6, 2019 1:32 AM

Am I the only who doesn't really give a fuck about "allies" anymore? I'm at a point in my life where if someone is uncomfortable with me, that is their fucking problem. I don't need to beg some straight asshole to be an "ally" of mine. Don't like me? Fine. Don't give a fuck. If a person is already decent, they will support me regardless of my sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 424July 6, 2019 2:29 AM

[quote]The use of gay slurs among teenagers is off the charts. It shocked me when I first started teaching high school.

I very much doubt it's worse than in times past. Studies don't show an increase in teenage homophobia in this decade compared to previous ones. And since you didn't teach in high school before, you don't have the experience to say that there has been an increase in the use of anti-gay slurs in that demographic.

[quote]Also, among regular teenagers, there's zero awareness of the trans issue.

Teenagers are the ones who most identify as trans and who most say they know trans people. Several studies report a strange increase in the number of minors (especially minors) who started to identify themselves as trans from this decade. You're out of your depth.

[quote]That said, I kind of doubt the results of this poll-- is GLAAD a reliable pollster?

GLAAD merely commissioned this poll. The pollster is Harrispoll.

by Anonymousreply 425July 6, 2019 6:35 PM

As a white gay man I feel like I'm at a point where I have to make a choice. Do I want to simply accept assimilation and get on with my life as not really that different or do I want to commit to a lifetime of activism for causes and concerns increasingly distant from my own? I'm trying to recall, did we win the war to get to where we are today with our allies supporting us, right alongside us or leading us? I guess the right thing to do is support the fringe that seems to be running GLBTQEIEIO, but if I am being honest, I really don't care any more. It's all so fucking exhausting and out there.

by Anonymousreply 426July 6, 2019 7:23 PM

[QUOTE] As a gay man, I can't support the trans community. It grosses me out.

Then you're part of the problem, not the solution.

by Anonymousreply 427July 6, 2019 7:29 PM

I got my degree in Queer Theory from Flaming Rainbow University.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428July 6, 2019 7:47 PM

X and Y chromosomes are immutable, not some temporary phenomena you can change at will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429July 6, 2019 7:52 PM

[quote]minors (especially minors)

This was supposed to say "especially female minors".

by Anonymousreply 430July 6, 2019 7:56 PM

Here's a good article. It has added credibility because the writer was in the program.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431July 6, 2019 8:34 PM

Until we have housing and employment protection, I'm not ready to say "I got mine. Best wishes to the rest."

by Anonymousreply 432July 6, 2019 8:38 PM

Interesting. The Southwest is the only region where Gay Rights acceptance has increased even thought LGBT rights have taken a 2-3% hit in the last 3 years.

by Anonymousreply 433July 6, 2019 8:53 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434July 6, 2019 9:18 PM

R357 unfortunately a lot of liberals are bandwagon types. They don't give much thought to what they support.

by Anonymousreply 435July 6, 2019 9:54 PM

So women's sports ban the use of testosterone - but any man, with the full benefit of testosterone, can claim he's a woman, and VOILA!, it's only XX chromosomed women who can't benefit from testosterone. In what universe is that fair?

by Anonymousreply 436July 6, 2019 11:05 PM

I noticed on social media that some teen or fan boys had a problem with TV shows such Gotham and South Park that include queer male characters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437July 13, 2019 4:49 AM

r437 But that is nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 438July 13, 2019 4:50 AM

That link was tedious, R437.

[quote]"You're ruining that character that we've had for 70-plus years..."

My question to that blogger is this: how about considering the idea that you (the comics world) have refused to acknowledge the existence of non-hetero characters for 70-plus years?

Maybe it's time some of those characters started to reflect the real world a bit more instead of the compulsory-hetero comics-world they've been mired in forever?

by Anonymousreply 439July 13, 2019 9:43 AM

My nephews and nieces (14-22) are all totally pro-LGBT. They just hate all the rules. It's the my slightly older cousins (25-32) who set these ridiculous boundaries and triggers.

by Anonymousreply 440July 13, 2019 9:51 AM

[quote] how about considering the idea that you (the comics world) have refused to acknowledge the existence of non-hetero characters for 70-plus years?

They tried, but couldn't force the public to buy them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441July 13, 2019 10:07 AM

They can still be a little more inclusive with non-hetero characters (villains / sidekicks) without having to make the whole comic based around a gay/lesbian theme. is that too much to ask for? A little visibility instead of simply being invisible.

No one expects straight people to imagine their own stories through the eyes of gay characters though, really, they ought to have enough imagination (and maturity) to do so. Lord knows, it's what we've been doing all our lives in the reverse situation.

by Anonymousreply 442July 13, 2019 10:19 AM

A lot of people think gay activists are bullies and are trying to impose on others

by Anonymousreply 443July 13, 2019 11:16 AM

Pls stop feeding your kids fast food. Your making them trans.

by Anonymousreply 444July 13, 2019 11:53 AM

R441 Japanese gay comics have a large female audience. Yaoi is a genre of fictional media originating in Japan that features homoerotic relationships between male characters. It is typically created by straight women for women and is distinct from homoerotic media marketed to gay male audiences, such as bara, but it can also attract male readers and males can also create them. Yaoi currently has a robust global presence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445July 13, 2019 8:48 PM

Kids don't like being lectured and they don't love moralizing in their entertainment. It's not LGBT, per se, but all the rules and lectures that come with it these days. Instead of interestingly transgressive, it's becoming weirdly uncool.

by Anonymousreply 446July 14, 2019 7:53 PM

r441 Whenever a medium or major movie suffers financially, blame is automatically poured into the fact that it is woke. Alt-right sources such as Kotaku and 4chan have trained their readers to interpret Hollywood failures exclusively under this prism, without analyzing the temporal context and the performance of less "woke" projects launched in the same period. I have seen much of this rhetoric with the commercial fiasco of [italic]Dark Phoenix[/italic], for example. But the same people who revel in the failure of this movie have had nothing to say about [italic]Shaft[/italic], a homophobic, sexist $ 30 million movie that, despite being on display for over a month, has not yet come not even close to the $ 25 million in tickets sold. Also, very little has been said of the fact that one of the few films of this season not to be a financial disappointment - [italic]Rocketman[/italic] - is an explicitly gay film.

I'm not sure how things are in the comic world (I've never had interest in this that must be the least sophisticated form of literature), but I would not doubt if the cancellation of LGBT projects was no more than part of a broader pattern of mass cancellation of comic projects.

by Anonymousreply 447July 14, 2019 8:40 PM

Kotaku's an alt-right source? Since when? Its a sibling publication of Jezebel and The Root.

by Anonymousreply 448July 15, 2019 6:52 AM

Someone on another DL thread wanted to know how to seduce their father-in-law.

Stuff like that couldn't be part of the reason could it?

by Anonymousreply 449July 15, 2019 8:35 AM

It's not just youth. Women are starting to realize that gay men can be very misogynistic and that lesbians like anti-feminist Camille Paglia and Ellen DeGeneres with her sadistic game show that humiliates her female contestants can be annoying.

by Anonymousreply 450July 15, 2019 9:47 PM

Paglia identifies as trans, r450

by Anonymousreply 451July 15, 2019 10:43 PM

Trans what to what R451? Narcissist to sociopath?

by Anonymousreply 452July 15, 2019 10:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!