Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sony/Blumhouse's The Craft Remake Find's It's Lead Actress

Cailee Spaeny is in negotiations to star as one of the young witches in Sony Pictures’ remake of 1996’s “The Craft” for Blumhouse and Red Wagon Entertainment.

Robin Tunney starred in the original, portraying a new arrival at a high school who’s sought out by three students, played by Fairuza Balk, Neve Campbell and Rachel True. The trio had been dabbling in witchcraft, and Tunney’s arrival enables all four to become adept at magic, but the new coven disintegrates when Balk’s character misuses her new power. The movie was a strong box office performer, earning $55 million on a budget of $15 million.

“Life in Pieces” star Zoe Lister-Jones will write and direct. Doug Wick, the producer of the original “The Craft,” will return in the same capacity along with partner Lucy Fisher through their Red Wagon banner. Jason Blum is also producing and his Blumhouse is co-financing. Fisher was vice chair of Columbia during the first movie. A July start date is being eyed for “The Craft.”

Spaeny starred as the daughter of Ruth Bader Ginsburg opposite Felicity Jones in “On the Basis of Sex.” Her other feature credits include “Pacific Rim: Uprising” and “Bad Times at the El Royale.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2019 1:12 PM

"Find's"?????

No such word. It's spelled "finds".

NO, Auto-Correct did not "do it".

by Anonymousreply 1June 21, 2019 11:48 PM

JFC. Nobody is asking for remakes of movies that were fine the first time around. West Side Story anyone? Hollywood is mostly filled with hacks and bean counters who are afraid of trying anything original.

by Anonymousreply 2June 21, 2019 11:54 PM

The original doesn't even have a fresh Rotten Tomatoes rating, so it was just a minor, fluke hit. They better radically rewrite the original script if this is going to have any chance. It's not like they're remaking a classic.

by Anonymousreply 3June 21, 2019 11:55 PM

Never heard of her but she does look like Marion Cotillard from some angles. Or Natalie Portman.

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2019 8:54 AM

I'll pass on this. The original was good and I'm not willing to waste money and time on an unnecessary remake, reboot or whatever they call these things now.

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2019 9:12 AM

I loved the original, still do, so it's a hard no. I doubt they could find anyone like Fairuza Balk either.

by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2019 9:53 AM

Finds

Its

No apostrophe in either.

by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2019 9:54 AM

Some movies do not to be made. This is one of them. The original is such a classic, surprise its not mentioned more on here. I guess its not campy enough, and none of the girls are bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2019 10:09 AM

[Quote] and none of the girls are bitchy.

Christine Taylor was, and i'm guessing they'll be changing her character's dialogue in this new one. I don't think they could get away with that shit nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2019 10:20 AM

Christine Taylor’s was not just a bitch, she was a full on racist bitch. Nasty cunt.

Served her right when she lost all her hair and THEN decided to be nice to the black girl.

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2019 12:02 PM

R10 I think Rochelle went fairly easy on her.

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2019 1:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!