Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DLoungers I'm visiting Cologne, Germany soon

Please share with me your recommendations of what to see and any insider tips you might have.

I'm only going for 2 days but would really appreciate your ideas and experience..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2019 7:28 PM

Halp

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2019 12:29 PM

there is a nice kirche there

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2019 12:43 PM

Station 2B is a torrid sex club. I've been a few times but during Carnival so people are especially in a debauched mood, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2019 1:02 PM

Any suggestions?

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2019 6:29 PM

The Cathedral truly is impressive - the facade is second only to St. Peter's in terms of size --- take a trip up to the top of the bell tower. 503 steps. There is a museum of Roman ruins nearby -- mosaic floors that were unearthed.. A stroll on the riverfront, THEN the bathhouse and sex club.

by Anonymousreply 5June 21, 2019 1:35 AM

The Dom in koln is magnificent! Climb to the top if they still allow it.

The Dom (cathedral) houses an alleged reliquary containing some bones of the three wise men. If that interests you.

I haven't been there in about 20 years but I greatly enjoyed Koln.

by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2019 2:21 AM

I'm really looking forward to seeing the cathedral!

by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2019 12:09 AM

First place I did ecstasy, can't remember the disco name

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2019 12:16 AM

The Dom is colossal. It makes an impact, like the Pyramids. How they could conceive something like that back then.

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2019 12:16 AM

I too am planning a trip to Cologne. Everyone I know who has been there tells me to beware of the pickpockets.

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2019 12:20 AM

[quote] Everyone I know who has been there tells me to beware of the pickpockets

...and the 'rapefugees'!

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2019 12:22 AM

As opposed to Cologne, Minnesota, OP?

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2019 12:36 AM

Museum Ludwig in Köln.

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2019 12:49 AM

My father is from that part of Germany. The best part of that part of the country is the food and wine! To die for! Find gasthauser and go to bakeries! If you are only going to be there 2 days, have some memorable meals!

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2019 12:54 AM

The Mosel valley has some excellent wines.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2019 1:00 AM

It was mostly destroyed during WWII (except the cathedral) and was replaced with cheap architecture.

by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2019 4:48 AM

Remembered the name of the club, Lulu. I see it's closed now.

by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2019 7:09 PM

Take a river cruise. They run for as short as an hour. Very much worth it, especially at this time of year.

by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2019 7:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!