Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joe Biden Claps Back at Critics: “Apologize for What?”

[QUOTE]"He knows better," Biden added, referencing Sen. Cory Booker's call to apologize for the remarks. "There’s not a racist bone in my body. I’ve been involved in civil rights my whole career. Period.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483June 30, 2019 4:31 AM

"Claps back"? Really?

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2019 1:18 AM

We know you aren't racist you old buffoon, thats why its even more incredulous that you made the remarks.

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2019 1:19 AM

What was so bad about his remarks?

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2019 1:21 AM

Didn’t take Sloppy Joe long to completely implode. Better in that this now clears the field for someone who can beat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2019 1:22 AM

Biden's remarks about civility with political opposites, and Warren, Harris, Sanders and Bookers' SJW intolerance and alls for apology, have me worried that the Democrats are a mess.

And where are Bookers and Harris's apology for supporting JUSSIE??????????

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2019 1:22 AM

He said he could work with anybody to get things done, no matter how much he disagrees with them. That's heresy in today's Democrat Party.

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2019 1:23 AM

Well it’s what voters love to hear, it’s emblematic of why Democrats love Joe. If these candidates think they’re hurting Biden with this, they’re sadly mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2019 1:25 AM

And thats akin of negotiating with terrorists because thats exactly what segregationists were, political terrorists. Since when is that a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2019 1:26 AM

No, r6, that's the repuke's line.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2019 1:26 AM

I think we know what he meant, and it doesn’t bother me.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2019 1:27 AM

BIden means well but he is hopelessly old and out of touch.

You know what they say about good intentions...

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2019 1:27 AM

[QUOTE]And thats akin of negotiating with terrorists because thats exactly what segregationists were, political terrorists. Since when is that a good thing.

That’s what Democrats and Republicans spent decades doing. They didn’t have much choice. You’re saying that men like John F. Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson were terrorist enablers?

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2019 1:28 AM

r6, Democrat party?

Said just like a Repuke.

by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2019 1:28 AM

r1 Only literate people use "responds" nowadays, as it's "ickypoo" Latinate. "Claps back" is prole slang.

by Anonymousreply 14June 20, 2019 1:29 AM

r12, You dumb ass bitch. Biden claimed that he longed for those days of civility. He was invoking some type of mythical nostalgia, where even though white racists, who believed in segregation and lynchings, occupied the US Senate we got shit down. That is not the same as championing being politically capable and negotiating issues.

by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2019 1:31 AM

If anything old these old white bitches of BOTH parties should be ashamed that as recent of as the 1970s white supremacists/segregationists occupied the US Senate and they had to work with them everyday.

by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2019 1:33 AM

By working with the so-called enemy, rockstar Bono got Jesse Helms (JESSE HELMS!!!) to finally work openly to funding and access and relaxed patent law for tri-therapy around the world. They got Bush and Helms onboard as "the Christian" thing to do. Whatever works. Clinton couldn't do it!

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2019 1:33 AM

I am enjoying how much the repukes fear Biden.

Booker's a nice guy but he's done. He can stop bearding now.

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2019 1:33 AM

Topics like this get me so riled up that I often get angry that I am even attracted to white men. Man, why did God make my brain this way.

by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2019 1:34 AM

Biden started his Senate career opposing busing, then he championed the tough on crime bills, which have led to many young black men being put in prison, when it comes to racial issues he has more problems than his friendships with segregationist colleagues.

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2019 1:41 AM

Actually Grampa Joe cites his ability to work with two extreme white supremacist senators as a demonstration of how he would bring back civility and compromise to the Senate. Except those two white supremacists were blue dog Democrats in the same party and Republicans were not as extremist then as they are now. He is so out of touch with the current political climate. Don’t bring up racists in your examples and recognize that country over party among the Republican Party is long dead. Gramps is still living in the 70s — both in age and era.

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2019 1:43 AM

Busing was an utter failure, not to be championed in any sort of way

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2019 1:44 AM

r21, Thats what even more absurd. The mofos he was talkin bout were Democrats. It makes no political sense.

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2019 1:45 AM

What Biden is implying when he says this shit is the same shit that the Repugs long for when they talk about going back to the good ol' days or making America great again. They all want to go back to the time when white men could talk to other white men without those pesky colored people and women getting in the way and getting all up in their important white man business. The Repugs mean it. Biden just doesn't understand what he's implying but we pesky colored people and women sure do.

by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2019 1:47 AM

It makes sense, considering Senator I support Mattress Girl Gillibrand me-too cancelled her colleague Franken out of the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2019 1:47 AM

If he wanted to emphasize his ability to work with those he disagrees w/, he could've come up w/ way better examples than, "I used to work with segregationists!" While he's at it, why not bring up a couple rapists and pedophiles that he's worked with? It's not like he agrees with them - no, no - but he knows how to work with them to get stuff done!

It's a little hard to see this as anything other than a thinly veiled message to the racist WWC: "Vote for me; I get it."

by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2019 1:48 AM

The attacks on Biden always make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 27June 20, 2019 1:48 AM

If he can beat Donald Trump I don't give a shit. I will vote for whoever has the highest margin against Trump. I can't stand four more years of this chaos.

by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2019 1:49 AM

R22 People only hated busing because it was being used in the North. It never really went away. Where I grew up in the South, children were regularly bused across town to achieve balance, in the 1990s-2000s. Northerner's loved busing and anything else as long as it was in the South, but they never wanted to acknowledge their own racism and prejudices.

by Anonymousreply 29June 20, 2019 1:50 AM

NO people hate busing racism or not.

by Anonymousreply 30June 20, 2019 1:54 AM

Most people are sick of having to do obeisance to political correctness. Good for him for standing up for himself.

by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2019 1:56 AM

Booker knows he'd be sucking Biden's D if this was 2016 and he thought he could be VP like he did with Hillary. Funny thing is, once he's bounced out of this race and could be Biden's VP choice, I bet he forgets this entire exchange took place faster than a granny with Alzheimer's.

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2019 1:59 AM

Maybe Biden should work on getting the nomination before he starts courting the deplorable vote. Not a winning strategy here, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2019 2:01 AM

He’s a clueless old man and stubborn and cranky as hell. Phil Rucker of the NYT is on Twitter comparing his behavior here to Trump’s and I have to say I see it. He’s self-destructing early.

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2019 2:01 AM

r31, This is not political correctness you racist sympathizer. Look at the implication being made, the nostalgia being longed for. Just because it sounds good and strong, and makes people think he's a tough guy doesn't make it right. These people were racist and if not for the color of their pale skin would NEVER have made it to the fkin US FKIN SENATE.

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2019 2:05 AM

[QUOTE]Phil Rucker of the NYT is on Twitter comparing his behavior here to Trump’s

No surprise there. The New York Times has been trying to destroy Joe Biden’s candidacy since before it could get off the ground. And he’s still leading. Joe better recognize that the mainstream media is trying to destroy him.

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2019 2:06 AM

Joe Biden needed to be cancelled yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2019 2:07 AM

Isn’t Cory booker a talk show host?

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2019 2:07 AM

I’m with R16. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to work across the aisle or across the generational divide to benefit the public. There’s a hell of a lot wrong with holding up Eastland as an example of anything good. He was an awful man.

by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2019 2:08 AM

"What was so bad about his remarks?"

NOTHING was "so bad" about his remarks. But people must really want to take Biden down because everything he says and does gets jumped on. He's probably the candidate most likely to defeat Trump...and he's being smeared like nobody's business! No wonder the Democrats lost the election to Trump. They are SO stupid.

by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2019 2:09 AM

The New York Times and Huffington Post are in love with Liz Warren.

by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2019 2:10 AM

R34 and r36 are not doing well this evening.

Not only does Phil Rucker not work for the NYT, he's the White House Bureau Chief for the Washington Post.

by Anonymousreply 42June 20, 2019 2:11 AM

How should the Clinton voters who outnumbered the Trump voters have made the electoral voters in November 2016 to follow their example? I don't think of 2016's electoral voters as at all bright. I wonder if any of those who cast votes for Trump have any remorse or self-awareness.

by Anonymousreply 43June 20, 2019 2:12 AM

Listen, you idiots. In order to get anything done in politics YOU HAVE TO WORK WITH PEOPLE. Sometimes awful people. It has to be done in order to accomplish anything. That's all he was trying to say. Get off Biden's back, you dumb fucks!

by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2019 2:12 AM

Complaints like this just make Biden more human, and sympathetic, in my view.

If the Republicans hold the Senate, it would be good to have an experienced Senator as President.

by Anonymousreply 45June 20, 2019 2:13 AM

[quote]He's probably the candidate most likely to defeat Trump...and he's being smeared like nobody's business!

No. He’s not most likely to defeat Trump.

I’m a moderate Pennsylvania Democrat. No way in hell am I voting for Biden. If he’s the nominee, I will stay home or write someone in.

Harris, Warren, Buttigieg, Klobuchar... YES.

Biden or Bernie... I stay home.

by Anonymousreply 46June 20, 2019 2:13 AM

I hope this pisses Biden off. I like Joe better when he’s fired up. He’s been sleepwalking through the campaign up until this point.

by Anonymousreply 47June 20, 2019 2:14 AM

I wish someone would ask Biden why he waited until now to get shit done across the aisle. What was he doing in his eight years as VP? Why wasn't he working his magic then?

by Anonymousreply 48June 20, 2019 2:14 AM

Then stay home and be damned, r46. If you're as stupid as you're pretending to be then you shouldn't be voting anyway.

by Anonymousreply 49June 20, 2019 2:15 AM

[QUOTE]I’m a moderate Pennsylvania Democrat. No way in hell am I voting for Biden.

😂 Get the fuck outta here. A moderate Pennsylvania Democrat pushing Kamala Harris? For what reason?

by Anonymousreply 50June 20, 2019 2:16 AM

r36 is correct. The media OBJECTIVELY has the knives out for biden. Every week they try to incite outrage over whatever think biden has said that can somehow, someway be interpreted as something less than "twitter approved" and they just keep doing it. Imagine if "But Her Emails!" weren't one story, but a thousand unrelated little things hilary did that the media (aided by the "woke" SJW crowd, you know, fucking idiots who would rather hate on trump for four more years than get a fucking clue?) reported as part of an overarching narrative of "not progressive, too old, out of touch, repeat." It's disgusting.

I'm starting to think that biden has no chance to defeat this. How can you oppose a 24/7 criticism train on everything you do or say?

This ends with Democratic Nominee De Blasio and 4 more years of trump. I fucking HATE the woke crowd for doing this, and the media for architecting it.

by Anonymousreply 51June 20, 2019 2:17 AM

R48, he worked across the aisle for more than 30 years in the Senate. He wasn't born the day he became VP.

by Anonymousreply 52June 20, 2019 2:17 AM

Why the fuck even bring this up as an example of his ability to work with people across the aisle? This racist segregationist senator “didn’t call me boy”and that’s an example of how “civil” people used to be??Fucking moron. He didn’t call you “boy” because you were white, not because he was “civil,” Joe.

What the fuck is wrong with this guy?

by Anonymousreply 53June 20, 2019 2:18 AM

Get a load of r46!

by Anonymousreply 54June 20, 2019 2:19 AM

R52 yes, he was in the Senate for over 30 years and yet he can’t think of a better example of someone he worked well with than an ardent segregationist and notorious racist (who was a fellow Democrat, not a Republican)?

by Anonymousreply 55June 20, 2019 2:21 AM

How do you know he is most likely to beat Trump in 2020? Polls now are just name recognition polls. I'm all for letting the best democratic candidate win -- but not for a coronation. Joe's got some problems. He's prone to gaffes. He's going to say stupid stuff your grandpa says. Can you live with that? It's not going to get better. If elected, he'll be almost 80. In my opinion, to beat Trump, you don't just put up a democratic version of him - another old white guy but rather put up someone that really contrasts with him. A woman of color like Harris or a young guy like Mayor Pete. Or a liberal woman like Warren. There are some great choices. We don't have to be forced to all like Biden immediately. Older dems are still trying to get back the older white male. He's gone. The democratic party is now made up of College educated women, POC, young educated folks, Hispanics etc. An old white guy who might win Pennsylvania isn't going to excite them.

by Anonymousreply 56June 20, 2019 2:23 AM

The Bernie Bros are just pissed off that he's tanking so hard.

Biden's doing fine, his VP will be a woman or young or black or whatever but it won't be Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 57June 20, 2019 2:23 AM

Someone says boy and everyone is up in arms. It's a word.

Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan blocked legislation that could help people without health insurance stay alive. Where is the outrage then? Trump is allowing people to die at the border. A little outrage.

But someone says a WORD- and that's the worst thing to ever happen!

Welcome to 2019.

Get ready for theDoTard's next four years...

by Anonymousreply 58June 20, 2019 2:23 AM

"Biden or Bernie... I stay home."

Well, that's a smart thing to do. I suppose you would rather have for more years of Trump than Biden or Bernie. You're an ass.

by Anonymousreply 59June 20, 2019 2:24 AM

[quote]An old white guy who might win Pennsylvania isn't going to excite them.

He’s not going to win Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 60June 20, 2019 2:25 AM

[quote]Get a load of [R46]!

Yeah. Get a load of me.

I feel sorry that as a Pennsylvanian, my vote counts more than yours does.

And my vote will not be going to Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 61June 20, 2019 2:26 AM

I have to wonder on days like this if Obama picks up the phone and says "Joe, what the fuck were you thinking?"

by Anonymousreply 62June 20, 2019 2:27 AM

I’m very curious how this is playing behind the scenes with Obama. Biden has been careful not to explicitly say he has Obama’s blessing and is just hinting around the edges. Obama has very good reason not to endorse any candidate pre-nomination. But Biden is now implicitly criticizing Obama’s ability to work with the Hill and doing so by citing segregationists...yikes

by Anonymousreply 63June 20, 2019 2:28 AM

[quote]A moderate Pennsylvania Democrat pushing Kamala Harris? For what reason?

She’s a strong candidate who would make a great President.

by Anonymousreply 64June 20, 2019 2:29 AM

Stay home then, r46, nobody cares about your trolling lies and phony bullshit.

If Biden's the nominee then everyone with a functioning brain is voting for him. If you prefer not to be included among those who have brains, suit yourself.

by Anonymousreply 65June 20, 2019 2:30 AM

- He’s been telling this story privately for weeks.

- His aides warned him against saying it publicly.

- He did it anyway.

- And doubled down on it when called out, angrily refusing to acknowledge his mistake or apologize. “Apologize for what? Cory Booker should apologize to ME!”

How very Trumplike. Sorry but it is.

by Anonymousreply 66June 20, 2019 2:31 AM

She can’t carry the east coast or the south. Hell, she can’t pick up lunch.

by Anonymousreply 67June 20, 2019 2:32 AM

"How very Trumplike. Sorry but it is."

Yeah, Biden is SO like Trump. You're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 68June 20, 2019 2:34 AM

R42 NYT or WaPo. Whatever. The point is the same. And Phil Rucker is far from the only one making this point.

by Anonymousreply 69June 20, 2019 2:34 AM

R68 In this instance he acting just like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 70June 20, 2019 2:35 AM

If you don't know who you are talking about you probably don't know what he's saying.

by Anonymousreply 71June 20, 2019 2:36 AM

[QUOTE]But Biden is now implicitly criticizing Obama’s ability to work with the Hill and doing so by citing segregationists...yikes

It wasn’t meant as a criticism of Obama. Joe was doing the opposite: criticizing those who opposed Obama.

by Anonymousreply 72June 20, 2019 2:36 AM

R72, Biden’s pitch is that he will able to accomplish this (when Obama did not, which we all watched happen). By citing a literal segregationist, it makes me wonder if he’s trying to say “I’m just like Obama, but I’m white, so the racists will work with me.” If so, that’s repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 73June 20, 2019 2:39 AM

Biden is repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 74June 20, 2019 2:40 AM

The people attacking Biden are repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 75June 20, 2019 2:42 AM

So you're finding fault with him for what he hasn't done, r73, and hasn't even said that he wants to do.

by Anonymousreply 76June 20, 2019 2:42 AM

[QUOTE]Biden’s pitch is that he will able to accomplish this (when Obama did not, which we all watched happen).

Barack Obama got plenty done over his two terms. Joe is not out there saying that he and Barack accomplished absolutely nothing. That’s preposterous. He was the Vice President of the administration.

by Anonymousreply 77June 20, 2019 2:43 AM

Joe doesn't know what "cancel culture" is, never mind that it's going to kill him too. He might know what "anachronism" means, and that's the level we're at now. "George Washington was anti-trans! Tear that monument down!"

by Anonymousreply 78June 20, 2019 2:46 AM

Ignore the anti-Biden trolls. It’s just the loyal Russian opposition monitoring the media on behalf of Der Fuehrer.

by Anonymousreply 79June 20, 2019 2:47 AM

There are 20+ other people running. We don’t need this 80 year old moron.

by Anonymousreply 80June 20, 2019 2:48 AM

"Biden is repulsive."

You want Trump to win again, don't you? You piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 81June 20, 2019 2:49 AM

R78 is functionally retarded.

by Anonymousreply 82June 20, 2019 2:50 AM

[quote] R51: This ends with Democratic Nominee De Blasio and 4 more years of trump. I fucking HATE the woke crowd for doing this, and the media for architecting it.

Don’t ever forget that the Russians impersonated “woke” people to stir up discord among the Democrats. I’d vote for the Dem nominee even if it was the Christmas Moose.

I live in the bluest of blue states that I knew Hillary would win, but I voted anyway so that her nationwide total would be so overwhelming that she could claim a mandate. Well, that didn’t happen, but I’ll vote blue again, for that reason if no other.

by Anonymousreply 83June 20, 2019 2:51 AM

"We don’t need this 80 year old moron."

He's 76, you retard. And a hell of a lot smarter than you'll ever be. And once again, you don't speak for the masses, so stick your "we" up your ass.

by Anonymousreply 84June 20, 2019 2:51 AM

We need anyone but the orange traitor, attacking Biden is what republicunts do, it is not what Democratic citizens do.

by Anonymousreply 85June 20, 2019 2:52 AM

R79 I'm so fucking tired of being called a Russian Troll just because I think there are better candidates out there than a 76 year old man. Your tactic of calling all of us who happen to see the problems with nominating an old, white guy Russian Trolls is like all the republicans calling everyone who disagrees with them anti-patriotic.

by Anonymousreply 86June 20, 2019 2:52 AM

[QUOTE]There are 20+ other people running. We don’t need this 80 year old moron.

He’s 76. Soon he’ll only be six years older than the mainstream media’s progressive hero Liz Warren, who will turn 70 in a week or two.

by Anonymousreply 87June 20, 2019 2:53 AM

My bad, her 70th birthday is actually this Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 88June 20, 2019 2:55 AM

[quote]’d vote for the Dem nominee even if it was the Christmas Moose.

Damn near all of us will, which is why this posturing from a few trolls is nothing but "A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." Just laugh at them and ignore them.

by Anonymousreply 89June 20, 2019 2:56 AM

[quote]You want Trump to win again, don't you? You piece of shit.

No. I want the voters to have a choice between Trump and a strong Democratic candidate.

Not a choice between two terrible candidates, like they had in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 90June 20, 2019 2:57 AM

Hillary Clinton was not the best campaigner but she had great plans to move America forward.

by Anonymousreply 91June 20, 2019 2:59 AM

Real Democrats unfailingly say something like, "He's not my first choice, but of course I'll vote for him if he wins the nomination. I'll vote for any Democratic nominee because getting rid of trump is the most important thing."

That's what real Democratic voters say these days, I hear it all the time. Trolls and republicunts attack Biden, say they'll never vote for him and all that horseshit.

We see you, cunts.

by Anonymousreply 92June 20, 2019 3:01 AM

Cory Booker just yelled at me for citing the Christmas Moose! The outrage! I should have said I’ll vote for the Dem nominee even if it’s Moosifer, or a porcupine, whatever. Doesn’t matter.

by Anonymousreply 93June 20, 2019 3:01 AM

After a long day of arguing that everyone deserves a big fat paycheck because of Slavery, Booker tops it all off by being outrage during over a word. He even goes on TV to discuss this important issue. Later, he retweets with a link of how to donate to his campaign.

You know those people who poll so low it doesn't show up because it's less than one percent? Today, Booker added his name to that list.

by Anonymousreply 94June 20, 2019 3:17 AM

I agree with r92. I am a bit ashamed of myself because I've switched allegiance from Biden to Harris to Buttigieg to Warren all before the first debate. I feel ashamed because I know I am letting the media toss me around like a ship in the storm.

I finally realized that I was picking candidates based on my idea of what the nation (white people) wants. I did the same crap in 2016 by voting for Trump in the R primary (lived in a red state) to give Hillary a cleaner shot for a win (I DID vote and volunteer for Hillary in the General). While 2016 gave us only Hillary, Bernie and O'Malley (remember that failed hottie?) for stupid Saturday night debates, this time we have real choices. I'm done worrying about who my racist neighbors will vote for. Republicans NEVER worry about finding someone that can grab turncoat Dems, they just vote how ever the fuck they want.

Today's gaff is yet another reason for me to avoid the Biden camp unless he is the nominee. I'd like to try out a Progressive in the WH. But, I will gladly take Biden, warts and all, over The High Sept (Bernie) or the Wacky-Waving-Inflatable-Tube-Guy (Beto, my arms keep a movin).

Come Nov 2020, I will be vote and volunteer my ass off for the Democratic Nominee. Trump is going down...I hope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 20, 2019 3:18 AM

R95 = Actual Democratic voter

Work for the candidate you want in the primaries. Don't attack the others, discuss your policy differences in a civil way. Vote for whatever candidate wins the nomination. That's what real Democrats are doing.

These other assholes? The ones attacking Democratic candidates? They are not Democratic voters.

by Anonymousreply 96June 20, 2019 3:24 AM

Biden can teach most of you assholes about compromising. Working with people you disagree with ideologically to achieve results that benefit both.

by Anonymousreply 97June 20, 2019 3:31 AM

Like how to give Supreme Court openings to sexual assaulters

by Anonymousreply 98June 20, 2019 3:38 AM

[quote]We know you aren't racist you old buffoon

Do we?

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy." -- Biden on Obama.

by Anonymousreply 99June 20, 2019 3:41 AM

r97 you need to learn from Republicans about messaging, disregard Trump for a moment. When they go out to campaign, like now, they talk about fighting for their Party's principles. They see this as a war with one battle after the next. Everyone knows that compromise is required in DC because of the 60 vote Senate threshold. But, people don't want to hear about that right now. We don't want a leader already talking about ceding ground to R's after such a hard fight from January 2017 through November2018, and an even harder fight ahead.

Harry Reid and Mitch MicConnell are great examples of men that knew/know how to gain, keep, and expand their powers. Neither men gave/give two shits about bipartisanship, especially when it's time to campaign.

Reid was a perfect foil to McConnell because he acted like a bad ass. Biden's comment, while well intended, doesn't match the atmosphere. We have been in a political war since 2008. Garland's failed nomination was the last straw for compromise, McConnell refusing to join Dems regarding the Russian hacking was smoking gun that brought this beyond politics into Constitutional crisis mode.

Dems are always willing to compromise because we like to exchange ideas, but offering the dead olive branch that Obama finally tossed aside in 2015 is NOT what Democratic voters want. Biden, needs to be more aware of the political climate. There was a way to say what he said without sounding like a sucker, he decided to sound like a weak sucker. His poll numbers will continue to fall as the summer rolls on.

by Anonymousreply 100June 20, 2019 3:44 AM

Yeah Obama was just so distraught over that blatantly racist statement... which is why he picked Joe as his running mate and went on to serve for eight years in the White House with Joe by his side.

by Anonymousreply 101June 20, 2019 3:45 AM

r101 Obama's personal reaction has nothing to do with whether or not the statement was racist. And since what Biden said was in praise of Obama (regardless of how patronizing the praise was), it is only natural that Obama did not feel very offended. I bet the hundreds of black politicians who already had an established career had a very different reaction, though.

by Anonymousreply 102June 20, 2019 3:55 AM

r102, Preach

by Anonymousreply 103June 20, 2019 4:00 AM

I like that Biden pushed back and didn't apologize like a bitch because more of this is coming from his constantly outraged opponents

by Anonymousreply 104June 20, 2019 4:23 AM

R87: The media is right wing biased. There is no "progressive" hero. Cut the crap.

R86: THIS! But I guess this is the kind of crap this campaign will bring here, where all of us who don't support Biden are Russian shit pieces who want Trump again and are pathetic. The Biden trolls on this thread all deserve to have their asses whipped for their behavior.

by Anonymousreply 105June 20, 2019 4:26 AM

He’s not responsible for the fact that the South elected segregationalists.

by Anonymousreply 106June 20, 2019 4:27 AM

R106: No one said he was. But please, continue to make shit up about what was has been said.

R104: If you're for real ( I doubt you are), then you are everything wrong with politics in this country (But you're really fake as fuck so it's all good)

by Anonymousreply 107June 20, 2019 4:28 AM

[quote]He’s not responsible for the fact that the South elected segregationalists.

But he's responsible for praising them and bragging about being buddies with them.

And he's certainly responsible for his own record of segregationism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 20, 2019 4:32 AM

Basically he was supposed to ignore and not work with these powerful senators from the south and get nothing down for his state so he could appease closet case corporate whore Cory Booker?

by Anonymousreply 109June 20, 2019 4:33 AM

R109: The fact you're making it all about Booker and not the wider issue here shows that you just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 110June 20, 2019 4:36 AM

Even if Biden was right in collaborating with segregationists (and he wasn't), it's still stupid of him to brag about it in this age. He is proving that he is out of touch, that he has poor political instincts, that he is easy to attack, and finally that it is advisable not to select him to compete with Trump in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 111June 20, 2019 4:37 AM

r110 Sure Vladamir

by Anonymousreply 112June 20, 2019 4:38 AM

This is what he is choosing to tout as an accomplishment that qualifies him for the nomination. If this is something he is proud of that's his choice but it seems an odd choice and a poor example to garner support.

by Anonymousreply 113June 20, 2019 4:40 AM

Go away Biden. Biden is not politically bright anymore. These guys were democrats. On any intellectual front, his argument falls short. He's an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 114June 20, 2019 4:40 AM

The point is this old fool was reminiscing about the good old days when segregationist racist senators were CIVIL because they didn’t call him “boy.” Like what the actual fuck. This is the guy we’re supposed to pin our hopes on? Really??

by Anonymousreply 115June 20, 2019 4:50 AM

The Democrats have been robbed of two presidencies in the last twenty years, and a Supreme Court opening. Another SCOTUS opening went to a sexual harasser who has been among the most reliable conservative judges on the court because Joe handled the confirmation hearing poorly. Civility to segregationists is not a quality we are looking for in our next POTUS.

No one believes Joe has the ability to turn the rabid partisan sociopaths on the right into compromising "do what's best for the country" legislators by the sheer power of his charm. If that is what he is selling, he should quit now because that is not what the Democrats want and that is certainly not an approach that will work against these Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 116June 20, 2019 4:54 AM

[quote]The point is this old fool was reminiscing about the good old days when segregationist racist senators were CIVIL because they didn’t call him “boy.” Like what the actual fuck. This is the guy we’re supposed to pin our hopes on? Really??

Bet it was Biden that the Simspons writers were thinking about when they made the vignette below. It's like his fantasy is being pounded in the ass by a mean-spirited GOP elephant who will however stop short of calling him a fag while drilling his ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 20, 2019 4:54 AM

Well, guess that question shut the Biden Tribe down...

by Anonymousreply 118June 20, 2019 5:00 AM

If the Dem contest comes down to who is woke-est of all, Trump wins in a landslide.

Just an observation.

by Anonymousreply 119June 20, 2019 5:02 AM

R119, This has nothing to do with who is the most woke. Yall have let the ignorance of Trump delude your brains. Trump will be seen as a dark blimp in American history. Might I remind Hillary won way more votes, but the campaign she ran, her slogan, how the demographic is distributed propelled Trump (ELECTORAL COLLEGE). Might I also remind you Richard Nixon was voted president TWICE. Sometimes evil prevails. Biden's comments were absurd and out of touch. Trump will get his.

by Anonymousreply 120June 20, 2019 5:11 AM

He's being asked to lead social justice warriors against lying, corrupt traitors not host autograph signing luncheons. If vapid nostalgia is all he has to offer after all his years of experience, he is not going to be leading anything.

by Anonymousreply 121June 20, 2019 5:13 AM

The assholes attacking Vice President Biden show the orange traitor's weakness and Bernie's weakness, whichever fool drives them.

It doesn't matter. Biden or another will win, the traitor will be lucky to avoid jail. Bernie will continue to be Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 122June 20, 2019 5:18 AM

R122, what in the crazy snl character rant hell?

by Anonymousreply 123June 20, 2019 5:19 AM

Biden and Trump have one thing in common...both seem to understand what the people want more so than the media.

by Anonymousreply 124June 20, 2019 5:26 AM

Nobody seemed to mind when Hillary called Klansman Byrd her mentor, Why give Joe such a rough time now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 20, 2019 5:40 AM

[quote]Biden and Trump have one thing in common...both seem to understand what the people want more so than the media.

So you're telling us people want racism?

by Anonymousreply 126June 20, 2019 5:52 AM

r125 everything has changed since 2016, with the exception of Biden for some reason. If you think about the election, economy, and MeToo movement, we've had nearly half a decade of change occur in the last 2.5 years.

by Anonymousreply 127June 20, 2019 5:54 AM

Byrd? You are so silly. He repudiated, outgrew and moved far beyond his racist upbringing. He proved himself for decades, defended the Constitution for decades only to be posthumously insulted by people who can't retain any thought that won't fit on a bumper sticker.

by Anonymousreply 128June 20, 2019 5:55 AM

I should clarify, everything has changed politically. The rest of the world keeps turning like normal.

by Anonymousreply 129June 20, 2019 5:55 AM

[quote] Republicans were not as extremist then as they are now.

The Red Scare says, “Hello!”

by Anonymousreply 130June 20, 2019 6:00 AM

[quote] Nobody seemed to mind when Hillary called Klansman Byrd her mentor, Why give Joe such a rough time now.

Because Byrd renounced his past and was endorced by the NAACP, idiot.

by Anonymousreply 131June 20, 2019 6:01 AM

There is a very naive portion of the electorate who misunderstand and over estimate the importance of me too. The world has not changed that much or much at all. It never does, really, nor do people or politics.

by Anonymousreply 132June 20, 2019 6:11 AM

This will make him more popular with independents. Biden had to stop wimping out and constantly apologising & changing his views. Voters hate that. Biden's marketing people must've told him he'd hit the limit # on apologies this week. "You're looking weak! You're looking like a doddering OLD fool. Weak & old! N more spologies!"

by Anonymousreply 133June 20, 2019 6:12 AM

Can someone explain R25’s word salad?

by Anonymousreply 134June 20, 2019 6:55 AM

Kim Kardashian has done good working with Trump and his administration.

by Anonymousreply 135June 20, 2019 7:03 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 20, 2019 12:09 PM

He's right. Ted Kennedy worked across the aisle for decades. Before the Republicunts went insane, that was the way we successfully ran the American government for 200 years.

But no, they had a "better" idea and now we're all fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 137June 20, 2019 12:12 PM

Here's the thing. White Supremacy isn't confined to loonies and conspiracy theorists. And we know that. What we are seeing with the Republican Party, articulated by their Clown Prince, Donald Trump, is the legitimizing of Racism as part of public policy in very overt ways. We are seeing that "trickle down" to state houses and to local governments.

this is not new. There have always been racists in government. But to embrace Racism , which is a system of oppression, as part of public policy, and have a Donald Trump put it in our faces every fucking day, makes it an extremely volatile issue. Ever present. (Something even Vladimir Putin understands.) So when someone like Joe Biden talks about Eastland and Talmadge, etc. he needs to make it very clear that they were evil people. Because they were.

Racism is not benign. It is not a "different point of view." Too often, the Media casts it as a difference of opinion. This is a popular framing. Politicians often do the same thing. Like when Trump says shit like, "there are good people on both sides." No. There are not. Joe can talk about working with people he disagreed with. We have to. But not with this iteration of the Republican Party. These are evil people.

Racism isn't something you disagree with. It is something you must actively oppose. He is walking back his comments a bit, amplifying them. But he really needs to make sure that the under 50 crowd knows he "gets it." I'm not condemning what he meant, but this is another example of how being tone deaf is really working against him. Joe needs to get out of his own way. The paternalism of White Liberals from back in the 60's ended a long time ago. Someone needs to tell him that.

by Anonymousreply 138June 20, 2019 12:24 PM

[QUOTE]So when someone like Joe Biden talks about Eastland and Talmadge, etc. he needs to make it very clear that they were evil people. Because they were.

Which is exactly what he did.

by Anonymousreply 139June 20, 2019 12:47 PM

These people only see and hear what they want to see and hear. They're not interested in facts, R139.

Eventually, the youngsters will realize that we are not going to elect a youngster.

by Anonymousreply 140June 20, 2019 12:53 PM

R138 you are over thinking it and slanting it. Joe Biden knows it is 2019, and you're asshat.

by Anonymousreply 141June 20, 2019 1:04 PM

The not apologizing Biden is getting good advice from his campaign staff. He said that in the past he was able to work with horrible people in the Senate to get things done. That's how Americans got Social Security got passed in the 1930s. FDR was able to get the New Deal because of support from segregationists in the Congress. Booker is just being an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 142June 20, 2019 1:11 PM

Nah, campaign staffs are always filled with wimps. They’d prefer he just not have said it, at all. They don’t want him saying anything except for the talking points on a sheet they provide him. But nobody wants “teleprompter Joe.” Shit like this is the reason why he’s the Democratic frontrunner. He’s actually human.

by Anonymousreply 143June 20, 2019 1:21 PM

No, R141, I'm not an asshat, and regardless of what Biden knows, there are real voters out here who need to know he "knows." and will not be satisfied with him saying shit like "I don't have a racist bone in my body" or him wrapping himself up in Barack Obama.

The media has been very good about laying a foundation in today's world, using false equivalencies or giving equal weight to points of view. But Racism is not a "difference of opinion."It is not something you "disagree with." It's something you have to oppose.

It's like voting for Clarence Thomas because he's Black, and you don't want to appear racist. And guess what, George HW Bush exploited that white guilt impulse by giving us Thomas.

Here's another example: Most people will agree that FDR was a great President. The Great Depression, WW II, etc. But when he was preparing his package of New Deal legislation for Congress he ran into Opposition from Southern Democrats. He needed their votes. In order to get them, he supported Jim Crow.

He made segregation the law of the land. Public Housing was segregated. Job discrimination was legal. Separate schools, etc. All federal programs were segregated. All the things the South wanted, and that the South believed in, and that the South was already doing under their "states' rights" position, post Reconstruction, were formalized across the board.

Roosevelt supported Jim Crow as a matter of public policy. Separate but Equal, (which is inherently unequal.). And after he died, Truman continued those policies. The GI Bill legally discriminated with aid to education, job training, and home mortgages, etc.

In the middle of WW II, around 1943, some new public housing was desperately needed in Detroit. When it was built, there was a riot over who was going to have it. The Federal government caved in and gave it to "whites only."

So we have a history. And Joe Biden knows that. I hope he continues to make it very clear that he knows that.

by Anonymousreply 144June 20, 2019 1:25 PM

FDR didn't save the Jews so obviously he is now cancelled. But the Japs in camps, too! Joe Biden made policy in the past, decades ago, that can be retrospectively labelled racist. CANCELLED!!!!!! Obviously. You really are a destructive asshat!

by Anonymousreply 145June 20, 2019 1:30 PM

If you are too stupid to know that he knows that, then YOU haven't been paying attention while he's been in American public life for FIFTY FUCKING YEARS.

by Anonymousreply 146June 20, 2019 1:31 PM

You telling us and Joe showing us are two different. So far Joe is not showing what he is bringing to the table after fifty years. I don't think being agreeable is going to get him the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 147June 20, 2019 1:45 PM

Thank you R147, that is exactly my point. Joe has been in public life for 50 years. He has good impulses, his heart may be in the "right place" but he really needs to SHOW what he KNOWS. I like Joe and I will support him if he's the nominee. But he is tone deaf to how people respond and react in the current environment.

by Anonymousreply 148June 20, 2019 1:50 PM

What Joe is bringing to the table is the end of the Trump presidency and not having two or more conservatives on the Supreme Court, including one who would fill Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s seat. Is that not enough?

by Anonymousreply 149June 20, 2019 1:51 PM

Every single Democratic candidate must be PC Pure, or the purity police will dump on them about that.

by Anonymousreply 150June 20, 2019 1:55 PM

Anyone saying Joe needs to show what he can do isn't aware of his accomplishments as VP. He wasn't a passive VP who just showed up for funerals.

by Anonymousreply 151June 20, 2019 1:56 PM

But but but but PURITY!

by Anonymousreply 152June 20, 2019 1:57 PM

Having Biden and Bernie in the first debate is going to give us an hour of two old men rambling around and yelling at clouds.

by Anonymousreply 153June 20, 2019 1:59 PM

R145 no one is "cancelling" FDR. But it serves no purpose to canonize people and refuse to acknowledge what they got wrong. I'm not condemning Bill Clinton for the Crime Bill or NAFTA, or the Rwandan Genocide or Kosovo. I'm not condemning Obama because his Affordable Care Act has some flaws. But we really need to LEARN. and we can't learn unless we see how decisions we make today, come back to bite us.

Roosevelt had to make decisions. He made some bad ones. It doesn't erase the good ones. It just makes us more aware of how public policy has to be balance and what the foundations of good policy should be. My goodness. Ben Franklin and our Founders were so focused on Europeans coming here, that they made sure our immigration policies didn't include "the brown ones." And it was publicly stated just that way.

Read history. Understand it. Learn from it. I'm not trying to cancel Joe Biden. I just want him to be aware and to understand what people need right now, in this era of Trump. And I personally found his comments about being able to work with the Republicans after Trump is gone, very offensive. He doesn't seem to "get it." These "Republicans" are not any different from Trump. They are all on the same page, and they showed themselves to be obstructionists and racists when Joe was the Vice President. And t hat is something he also knows.

by Anonymousreply 154June 20, 2019 2:00 PM

It's all about you and your needs.

by Anonymousreply 155June 20, 2019 2:02 PM

So how much overlap do you think there is between the "SJWs are going to make the Democrats lose in 2020" people and the "Biden is too old and racist nowadays" people?

We always have so many of both groups on Biden threads, yet they never seem to get into any discussions with each other. You'd think that every time someone said "SJWs will get Trump elected" someone else would say "That's why we need Biden, he's a Democrat but not an SJW."

Maybe it's happening all over DL and I'm just not seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 156June 20, 2019 2:07 PM

R156 The commonality is that all of us are scared of Trump winning again but see different paths toward preventing it. I’m anti-Biden because I think voters need some positive motivation, someone fresh and with energy, to get their asses out of their chairs to go vote. That being said, I’d crawl over glass to go vote for Biden over Trump. But there has to be room in the primary to really hash this out or else we’re going to get multiple camps of whiny “it’s rigged because my candidate didn’t win” voters like Bernie’s last time. I think it’s a bad idea to let fear of Trump muffle the nomination fight.

by Anonymousreply 157June 20, 2019 2:12 PM

R149 There are 22 candidates that can fill those qualifications. You are letting anxiety and fear make you offer your vote up to whomever the media says the polls show has the best chance of beating Trump. While I understand the desperation, I'm not giving up a candidate that is more than just polling better than Trump 16 months out from the election.

by Anonymousreply 158June 20, 2019 2:17 PM

If Biden is the nominee I will support him. I WILL SUPPORT HIM. I am very much aware of his accomplishments over his long career. I am very well aware he was not a passive VP. I like him. But I will repeat, he seems tone deaf to what voters, especially those under 50, want to hear.

In an environment where racism is acceptable, where the President of the United States jokingly admitted sexual assault, and paying off porn stars the guy who legislated against violence against women ought to not be crapped on by the Me Too people.

He needs much better messaging. He can start by understanding why he needs better messaging. I believe his staff is a problem, and as long as he appears to be doing well, he won't change them. I'd bet Joe's problem is his staff. He'd be a lot sharper if he had a better staff.

The problem I see is if he is leading in the polls his people will get happy and satisfied and they will not be ready for the steamroller Trump is building. Parscale is not a pussy.

by Anonymousreply 159June 20, 2019 2:19 PM

[QUOTE]There are 22 candidates that can fill those qualifications.

Are you mad? There’s really like three of them. Most of those other candidates would lose in a general election, failing to fulfill the most important part: defeating Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 160June 20, 2019 2:21 PM

That's just hysteria. It is entirely possible all of the could be Trump once they are known and have the sole backing of everyone who wants Trump gone. We just don't know.

by Anonymousreply 161June 20, 2019 2:23 PM

R159, I'm a voter under 50 and I much prefer his message to any of the others offering ponies. I want someone to reach across the aisle and maybe get something done for a change. Politics can't stay as tribal as it has become. Someone sooner or later will have to begin to build bridges or we'll be in a permanent state of impasse.

by Anonymousreply 162June 20, 2019 2:23 PM

The “outrage” about his statement is phony. The other candidates that are behind in the polls will seize on anything to bring him down. It seems pretty transparent. I loathe this policing of speech and the left’s bullshit moral outrage. Yes, I will vote for whomever is running against Trump...but I may be holding my nose when I do it. I like Biden. Most of the other other candidates appear weak and pathetic...always apologizing and pandering. It’s sickening.

by Anonymousreply 163June 20, 2019 2:27 PM

Any other candidate in the primaries who attacks Joe Biden is dead to me.

DEAD TO ME.

And I will personally go beat Bernie and all his bros to death with my yard sign if they give us any trouble this time around. Fucking babies.

by Anonymousreply 164June 20, 2019 2:33 PM

Well, I do not want to see someone like Biden "swift-boated" because of racism or sexism. The irony being obvious with Trump as the Republican standard bearer. I still want to see him be sharper and more tuned in to the environment he is operating in. Some of us are legitimately jumpy because Racism and Sexism are very volatile issues especially when you have a rotten fucker like Trump legitimizing them, aided and abetted by a very like-minded Republican Party.

by Anonymousreply 165June 20, 2019 2:35 PM

I like the way Elizabeth handled it. Perfect.

by Anonymousreply 166June 20, 2019 2:35 PM

This election feels like a bad date to me which most failed to impress except Biden but he is a little too old. It is not a deal breaker and I am willingly to settle for the more experienced older man.

by Anonymousreply 167June 20, 2019 2:43 PM

Biden should go rent a cabin in Montana and spend the summer trout fishing. He could show up again in mid September and still be leading the pack.

by Anonymousreply 168June 20, 2019 2:48 PM

Joe going back to his roots, attacking Trump over the Iran disaster. It’s about damn time he started showing off his foreign policy chops. Joe needs to demonstrate to not only Dems and Americans but the world that smart strength and diplomacy are coming back to the White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169June 20, 2019 2:51 PM

Trump wants to distract with war and/or threats of war, but now he has Democratic candidates with foreign policy experience to contend with. This is Biden's strong suit. He puts his foot in it every time he talks about women or racism or any social issue, but this is indeed where he shines.

by Anonymousreply 170June 20, 2019 3:01 PM

No, asshole, he does not put his foot in it every time he talks about women or racism or any social issue - unless you're a fucking moron.

His foreign policy experience is, of course, much greater than the orange traitor's and he can speak on the subject like a normal person instead of rambling incoherently like the orange traitor.

by Anonymousreply 171June 20, 2019 3:10 PM

Eastland was particularly vile. In a Senate speech he said the black troops in WWII were cowards.

by Anonymousreply 172June 20, 2019 3:13 PM

Biden is known for having foot-in-mouth disease. He was known for that well before being VP. Allow me to quote him from 2006:

[quote]"In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

I don't think he's racist, but I also don't think he can always stop himself from saying stupid things.

by Anonymousreply 173June 20, 2019 3:14 PM

[quote]but this is another example of how being tone deaf is really working against him. Joe needs to get out of his own way.

That’s Joe Biden in a nutshell. Tone Deaf.

by Anonymousreply 174June 20, 2019 3:15 PM

No, he is not tone deaf. Yes, he occasionally says dumb things.

We've known this about him for decades and it's fine. I don't have a problem with him. President Obama and Michelle Obama don't have a problem with him. Most normal people don't have a problem with him. The media wants something to talk about so they blow things up and whine about him incessantly, feeding the fevered imaginations of stupid people who then come here and attack him.

Go away. Do not want. We aren't interested in your endless divisiveness and bullshit this cycle.

by Anonymousreply 175June 20, 2019 3:23 PM

Damn r150 no one said be PC pure, all they said is don't praise racists in a time when racism is in full swing thanks to Republicans and white anxiety. 19 other candidates appear capable of stepping over this low bar, I don't know why it's so hard for Biden.

Has anyone else noticed that we haven't had a significant conversation about Biden's vision for America? Beyond these gaffs I'm not seeing much from this guy about his plan to move this country forward. He walked himself into a gaff that took up precious media attention from the issues he was trying to highlighting. Even if you don't think this isn't a real issue, it's politically stupid to distract from your message. He is acting like Hillary 2.0, can't get his policy out to the public because his presentation is uninspiring. Once he makes a gaff (basket of deplorables) the media pounces at the chance to talk about something interesting.

by Anonymousreply 176June 20, 2019 3:30 PM

r155 government and politics should ALWAYS be about us and our needs.

by Anonymousreply 177June 20, 2019 3:33 PM

Biden laid out his vision. He wants us to stay right where we are but be nice to each other. It's inspiring.

by Anonymousreply 178June 20, 2019 3:37 PM

[quote]Yes, he occasionally says dumb things.

You called me an asshole and a fucking moron for making the exact same observation.

[quote]Go away. Do not want. We aren't interested in your endless divisiveness and bullshit this cycle.

Then why are you incessantly posting over-the-top replies all over DL for every topic you talk about? Everyone is a huge fucking moron who is dead to you and needs to shut the fuck up etc. etc.

It's pretty damn rich that you would tell everyone else to stop being divisive when that's apparently the only way you know how to communicate.

by Anonymousreply 179June 20, 2019 3:38 PM

r160 there are some very good governors in that pack. They can't break out because people don't care about their states, form a media perspective. If the field was down to 5 people and some of those low tier governors were in the group, the landscape would be completely different and we'd be placing them as the younger Centrist to battle Trump.

I'm talking about JOHN HICKENLOOPER and STEVE BULLOCK.

by Anonymousreply 180June 20, 2019 3:39 PM

Just a reminder...the guy in office said the dumbest shit ever and still got elected. The guy in office continues to say the dumbest shit ever and if he loses it won't be a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 181June 20, 2019 3:42 PM

R176, that's because the media is treating him like they did HRC...24/7/365 of BUT HER EMAILS!

by Anonymousreply 182June 20, 2019 3:45 PM

r181 Republican voters aren't Democratic voters. Different base of support, different world view, different rules.

by Anonymousreply 183June 20, 2019 3:45 PM

True, r181, Democrats are known for eating their own.

by Anonymousreply 184June 20, 2019 3:47 PM

r182 true, but she had plenty of time and money to change her media strategy. Maybe ditch the pant suit persona for a moment and just get real with people, then pivot to a policy. Bernie was always on message. Ask him about his favorite flavor of ice cream, he might answer, but he would ALWAYS pivot get back to 'income inequality". But this is all in hindsight. Campaigns are hard and she did what appears to be for the best at the time. Biden should have learning from her mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 185June 20, 2019 3:50 PM

I keep telling y'all Biden is not the one. I think the hurt will be worse than Hilary.

by Anonymousreply 186June 20, 2019 3:51 PM

R185, that's because Bernie never faced any real opposition. He had the luxury of pivoting from softball "ice cream" questions because they were softball questions. Give a journalist a controversy and they're like a dog with a bone and there is no pivoting.

by Anonymousreply 187June 20, 2019 3:55 PM

Vote for Warren. Problem solved.

The Biden fan girls are only turning people off. They act like it’s the general election and he already has the nomination. If they could, they’d coronate him today.

by Anonymousreply 188June 20, 2019 3:58 PM

There will be more of this. And he will refuse to listen. The "boy" comment was offensive.

I will vote for him if I have to but I sure hope we pick someone else.

by Anonymousreply 189June 20, 2019 4:02 PM

And don’t compare Hillary to Biden. Hillary like Bill and Obama wouldnt have made such pedestrian mistakes. This is the umpteenth time Biden has ran, and he’s still making the same errors.

by Anonymousreply 190June 20, 2019 4:02 PM

R174 There's nothing tone deaf about Joe Biden. That's projection.

This is the guy who just showed up at Stonewall. No advance team, no pre-arrangement. Just showed up and met people. Even snopes calls bullshit on most of the Boris trollling here. Biden summed himself up quite well:

When it comes to civil rights and civil liberties, I’m a liberal but that’s it. I’m really quite conservative on most other issues.”. These were the New Democrats or Clinton Democrats, also known as Second Wave Democrats under Bush. New Democrats identify as fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

Who else falls in there? Seth Moulton, Beto O'Rourke, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama: The Middle.

by Anonymousreply 191June 20, 2019 4:02 PM

Funny, I think that about people like you, r188.

At least the "Biden fand girls" aren't telling people who to vote for like you did. We just don't believe that people who promise a pony can deliver.

R190, her mistakes were more serious --- like completely avoiding the media.

by Anonymousreply 192June 20, 2019 4:04 PM

My question about Biden is where has he been for the past 2.5 years? Trump has been horrible from day 1 but Biden certainly hasn't taken a lead in speaking out against him or his policies until he decided to run for president. Same with Bernie and he has a senate platform to elevate his status. Hillary has been public and spoken out against Trump far more than either Biden or Bernie in this period and she's not running. For me, electing the next president is TOTALLY about removing Trump but for Biden and Sanders, it seems the presidency is all about them personally. They didn't give a shit about what Trump was doing to the country until they decided to run. I don't feel that about Warren or Harris.

by Anonymousreply 193June 20, 2019 4:17 PM

Priveleged white men with resources don't have to prove their competency it is assumed. They don't have to be first, or best. They just have to show up and reap their rewards.

by Anonymousreply 194June 20, 2019 4:26 PM

That bromance with Barack Obama was just for show. Biden is a phony.

by Anonymousreply 195June 20, 2019 4:30 PM

By tradition, each prior administration exits politics when the new administration takes the oath.

Obama and Biden followed this, as did Bush and Cheney before them. You'll notice Cheney has been remarkably quiet as well.

Meanwhile, Carter, Bush, and Obama have been busy with their foundation work. Carter with Habitat; Bush with his work fighting malaria and AIDS in Africa. Obama with his stewardship and mentoring issues for children. Cheney has criticized Trump regarding immigration.

What Biden's been working on is the Biden Foundation - his moonshot project for cancer. According to the 990 reports, he's raised $7M so far. Bluntly, this looks like a lobbying organization at this point. He picked up the " Congressional Patriot Award" award from the Bipartisan Policy Center in 2017.

by Anonymousreply 196June 20, 2019 4:37 PM

r194 THANK YOU!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197June 20, 2019 4:38 PM

The pathetic sight of cockeyed Cory Booker getting his panties in a wad because Biden uttered the word "boy" is ridiculous. Even Don Lemon appeared to have limited patience with his blathering on and on about "sensitivity" - Booker is about as sensitive as a toilet seat. He needs to change his tampon.

If I were Biden, I'd show up at the debate saying things like, "BOY, is it hot today!" and "Boy oh boy, that's a good point!" Let their fucking heads explode!

by Anonymousreply 198June 20, 2019 4:41 PM

179 you're one of those stalker chicks, 185 you're a moron. I'd tell you to blow me but you're both invisible now, thank the gods.

R195, you're full of shit. The "bromance" with President Obama is real, they are very good friends. The thing about the President is that he is absolutely clean and goes by the book. That's why HE never had to invoke executive privilege, none of HIS advisors went to jail. He won't endorse Biden, which is good, and he won't go on the stump for him in the primaries, which is also good, but he has shown his friendship and approval. He'll show it more if Biden takes the nomination because he's a real President. The President will be out there all the time and the convention is going to be a blast. Everyone will be there, EVERYONE, except the dumb fucking repuboicunts.

by Anonymousreply 199June 20, 2019 4:42 PM

R196 I understand tradition but this wasn't a traditional administration and everything Trump has done isn't traditional. Both Biden and Sanders needed to be more fully engaged with opposing Trump. I also think that Obama should be more vocal as well. This is the survival of our country that is at stake. FUCK TRADITION!!!

by Anonymousreply 200June 20, 2019 4:44 PM

r200 there is no point in using Obama until the general election. All he would have done is tarnish his name and break with the post-Presidential gentleman's agreement. You should be asking Bush to speak out. Someone from their own side should stand up to the POTUS before we send our strongest asset to the Conservative firing squad. Obama, and equally as important, Michelle, will do their part come 2020.

by Anonymousreply 201June 20, 2019 4:51 PM

And for God's sake, look what happened to Trent Lott! James Eastland made Strom Thurmond look like Martin Luther King. A double standard is screaming here.

by Anonymousreply 202June 20, 2019 4:53 PM

[quote] And thats akin of negotiating with terrorists because thats exactly what segregationists were, political terrorists. Since when is that a good thing.

And if there are "terrorists" at the UN you have to work with them on the issues you can. If you can’t then do not seek to be a member of a collaborative body – like Congress, like the UN, like state legislatures, like juries. Only adults need apply. Work has to get done no matter how much you hate that guy sitting over there. Congress is not a “safe place”.

Mob rule gets nothing done.

Perhaps you prefer this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203June 20, 2019 4:54 PM

R201 Obama's name and the gentleman's agreement don't mean shit if we're all speaking Russian and eating borscht. We have someone totally aligned with Russia as president. At the very least, we're going to end up at war with Iran if not North Korea and Venezuela. The house is on fire. This isn't the time for pleasantries.

by Anonymousreply 204June 20, 2019 4:56 PM

It's not "tradition" that holds the President back, it's his respect for Democracy and his belief that no former president should put his finger on the scale in a primary. Everyone gets to take his/her shot.

He won't come out and openly attack that cunt in the Oval Office because the last real President we had has too much class for that. He'll take a shot at him once in a while, even in concert with President Bush, but he's not going to make a regular thing out of it. WE are supposed to choose our next nominee.

He won't attack a sitting president. He goes to Europe and talks to our allies, they trust him because he's trustworthy. He talks on our behalf, tries to convince them we haven't lost our fucking minds over here. We shall see.

by Anonymousreply 205June 20, 2019 4:58 PM

[quote] He picked up the " Congressional Patriot Award" award from the Bipartisan Policy Center in 2017.

LOL. DO not be impressed when politicians pick up awards. They are almost all arranged between the politician and the organization. I know cause I used to do this when I was a lobbyist. Often the politician asks for the award of the first place. Or the organization wants something from the politician.

Are our posters getting younger and less experienced all the time?

by Anonymousreply 206June 20, 2019 5:00 PM

[quote] for Biden and Sanders, it seems the presidency is all about them personally.

Duh!

by Anonymousreply 207June 20, 2019 5:02 PM

R192 and yet you believe Joe Biden is going to cure cancer?

by Anonymousreply 208June 20, 2019 5:03 PM

And you must agree that Mike Pence is a really nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 209June 20, 2019 5:04 PM

Yes, Mother.

by Anonymousreply 210June 20, 2019 5:05 PM

r203, we don't want physical fights, just leaders willing to use every tool in their belt to pass our agenda. We want to be like McConnell, he says "fuck it" and pushes his agenda. His supports feel like things were getting done. Republicans maintain power in the Senate, even picking up some seats.

We have traditional Democratic policies that we've put on ice to because of bipartisanship, that time has passed, now we need to force it through Congress. The people will support what they like, and will remove the things they don't like. See the Republican's failed attempt to end Obama Care. When voters are positivity affected by a policy, its hard to get rid of it. We need to get those policies on the books. Biden isn't interested in that type of fight. Other candidates are. With enough momentum, maybe we can get close enough to take the majority in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 211June 20, 2019 5:17 PM

[quote] What Biden is implying when he says this shit is the same shit that the Repugs long for when they talk about going back to the good ol' days or making America great again. They all want to go back to the time when white men could talk to other white men without those pesky colored people and women getting in the way and getting all up in their important white man business.

What a stupid stupid stupid statement. How can you be so obtuse?

No. What he's actually saying is that you have to work with people no matter what you think of them. And in working with them you need some level of civility.

I'm glad someone brought up Bono and the forgiven debts of developing countries. I always bring that example up because it was working with the devil to do a mountain of good.

Just because I like to see people dress nicely like in "olden days" doesn't mean I want all the bad things of the past to come back.

by Anonymousreply 212June 20, 2019 5:22 PM

What involvement did Joe Biden have with the civil rights movement? Is he still telling that lie?

by Anonymousreply 213June 20, 2019 5:24 PM

Goddamn so many extremists on here! It's scary that compromise is foreign or even laughable to them. In that regard, they're no different from the right's extremists (aka Trumpsters, Tea Partiers), who also eschew compromise.

We need to go back to the center and find balance. I think that's what Biden was implying. When one or both sides are extreme, then nothing gets done because one or both sides are unwilling to compromise and work together.

by Anonymousreply 214June 20, 2019 5:32 PM

[quote] we don't want physical fights, just leaders willing to use every tool in their belt to pass our agenda.

R211, and some of those tools are persuasion and civility and good old fashioned horse trading. How the hell do you think LBJ got so much vital legislation passed? And he did it with those creepy, hateful legislators in the Senate and House. You think it was because he was some young pup who walked onto the scene ready to insult everyone and throw bombs?

The Dems don't have the votes yet to do everything we want and we don't have the WH. So what exactly do you want them to do? How do you "force" something through Congress if you don't have the votes?

I swear it's like kids taking over the principal's office. That may work with principals or college deans but it's not going to work with elected members of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 215June 20, 2019 5:32 PM

R209, I read that as you believe Pence is really a gay guy.

That sounds about right...doth protest too much.

by Anonymousreply 216June 20, 2019 5:44 PM

Corey Booker needs to apologize to the LGBT community during Pride Month for being so ashamed of his gayness that he feels the need to stay in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 217June 20, 2019 5:45 PM

R194: I'm so tired of doing this but Sanders has been speaking out against Trump since Day 1 of the administration. You PUMAs and your sick need to slander the guy and make shit up all over some god damn stupid primary in 2016 is just sad at this point. 3 fucking years it's been. You can hate him all you want, but you don't get to pretend the man has been silent and only HILLARY! has been speaking out the past 3 years.

In closing, once again, everyone shut up and go vote for Warren.

by Anonymousreply 218June 20, 2019 5:48 PM

^^for R193. Oh, dear myself.

by Anonymousreply 219June 20, 2019 5:49 PM

[quote] Here's the thing. White Supremacy isn't confined to loonies and conspiracy theorists. And we know that.

Ain’t that the truth. My mother’s family & extended family is 100% racist. They all have jobs, or else they have comfortable pensions. They all take advantage of Medicare & SS when the time comes. Three out of four of my mother’s brothers tried to get disability from the military. There was no reason for it - none of them were injured in the military. But they tried to get money for PTSD, for a heart attack while in the weekend reserves (but didn’t have the heart attack on duty) and another tried to claim he was crazy because he was thrown in the brig and passed out drunk after the brig had been painted and the fumes gave him brain damage.

These are people who think they’re superior to black people,

Even the nicer spouses of some of them are racist. It’s thoroughly ingrained in them from the time they could understand what their parents were saying. Blacks are lazy, conniving, violent, drug addicted, sex-crazed criminals. Whites are smarter, work harder, do all the heavy lifting and the democrats are stealing white people’s money to prop up blacks because they want black votes. Blacks should be prevented from voting. Any means necessary should keep blacks from the polls. Disenfranchise them, close down the precincts, make sure the poll machines break down, gerrymander to keep blacks from being a majority in any district.

They all moved or will move to Florida for lower taxes. They know that they are underrepresented in the senate and that thousands of square miles of desert, mountain ranges and cattle ranches have far more political power than deserved, but they strenuously support the electoral college because blacks & Latinos in cities are being shortchanged & they’re glad of it.

They all have tons of friends who believe the same way. People who are devoted to their churches. Christians, of course, and Catholics who hate the pope, like Steve Bannon. They think they are perfectly normal and everyone else are freaky. Abortion is their number one priority and anti-gay rights is number two, even among the gay ones. They are gay, but republican to the core and their blockheaded conservative beliefs are so strong they cannot overcome them. Plus they want to be accepted by the others in the family, so they are gay, but not *that kind* of gay.

They’re not an aberration. They’re the vast majority of republicans and I’m pretty sure they’re the majority of working class whites. The GOP has poured billions into think tanks over the last 35 years and have come up with the perfect targeting of these voters, using code words that were tested in market groups and found to be just perfect by people like Frank Luntz. Democrats have nothing like this. Democrats are a mess. When the GOP ran more than a dozen presidential candidates in the primaries, did you see Twitter or online forums/commenting sections with republicans trashing other candidates than their own? I didn’t. Trump called his opponents names & they followed him, but they weren’t online tearing apart the GOP candidates the way democrats do.

by Anonymousreply 220June 20, 2019 5:51 PM

R196, and what's wrong with a cancer lobbying organization? It's what's needed moreso than funding research, which can come from anywhere. But controversial therapies, like what happened years ago with stem cell research, could use a boost from lobbying.

by Anonymousreply 221June 20, 2019 5:53 PM

R220, what does any of that have to do with what tactics will get the job done?

by Anonymousreply 222June 20, 2019 5:54 PM

[quote]You PUMAs

You're pretty clueless if you think the PUMAs of 2008 were the HRC supporters of 2016. The PUMAs were divide-the-Democrats trolls. That's all. More than one PUMA group had online forums with references to "bunkers" and "Eva Braun." I've linked to an old 2008 blog post where the snarky blogger refers to these metaphors being used by PUMAs. That's your big hint that the PUMAs weren't really Democrats, they were Teapartiers (now alt-right and Trumpsters) who were already in the pro-fascist, pro-Russia mindset.

Most people aren't going to know this because they weren't reading political blogs back in the early 2000s, but I promise you, places like World Net Daily and people like Vox Day were already sounding in 2005 exactly like the alt-righties sound now. And by 2008, the trolls were using that language.

[quote]some god damn stupid primary in 2016 is just sad at this point. 3 fucking years it's been.

With all due respect, your comments about the primary are pretty flippant. What happened in 2016 isn't just some old stupid thing we should all get over already.

[quote]you don't get to pretend the man has been silent and only HILLARY! has been speaking out the past 3 years.

No one said that. In fact, others have criticized Biden for not saying anything much, either. But no one has said HRC (let alone ONLY Hillary) has been speaking out against Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223June 20, 2019 5:58 PM

R220, the Democratic Party is the "big tent" party. We don't have any single keywords which would appeal to everyone in our ranks. That's why the GOP strategy won't work.

The GOP strategy doesn't work by itself, either. It's a combination of catering to a certain bigoted demographic, lies and manipulation, plus gerrymandering, cheating and corruption. That's the only way the GOP can win.

Not saying the DNC doesn't need to improve their strategies, but copying the GOP isn't the answer.

by Anonymousreply 224June 20, 2019 5:59 PM

R223: You clearly did not read R193 about Sanders not speaking out. And the PUMAs were real, 25% of Hillary 2008 primary voters voted for McCain. It wasn't just some online creation. Nice try.

by Anonymousreply 225June 20, 2019 6:08 PM

Joe's campaign reminds me so much of Jeb Bush's campaign. The drawn out coyness of entering the race, the front runner coasting on name recognition.

by Anonymousreply 226June 20, 2019 6:09 PM

r214 most of Obama's accomplishments came during his first 2 years. After the Tea Party took over the House, O tried to compromise all of the time. You know what that got him? Gorsuch on the Supreme Court, Republican's taking the Senate, down ballot losses, and disillusionment about the Hope and Change that he campaigned on. It's not extreme to say that the Republicans need to actually extend the olive branch before we come back to that well of failure. They are never called upon to make patriotic sacrifices, so I'm done supporting politicians (in primaries) that are stuck on that crazy idea.

Have you heard Trump or McConnell or any Republican leader talk about bipartisanship lately? No. So why is Biden foolishly clinging to that rose tented history of Congress? In reality, Rs are not the party of compromise or bipartisanship, unless it means passing their agenda and their agenda only.

We might as well just focus on passing our agenda. If Biden doesn't want to fight for Democratic policies, then he wont get my vote in the primary.

by Anonymousreply 227June 20, 2019 6:10 PM

What there's a contingent in that big tent that's against affordable health care, improved infrastructure, higher minimum wage, education funding etc, r224?

by Anonymousreply 228June 20, 2019 6:10 PM

This story will soon be eclipsed by the antics of his moron son Hunter. First he fucks his sainted brother's widow, now he has knocked up some woman in ARKANSAS. Oh, and in between he got married to some South African woman. Thanks, BOY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229June 20, 2019 6:18 PM

He has nothing to apologize for. If you are in politics you do your damnedest to work with those who oppose you or even are racist. You may still be able to push your agenda forward. That is really all Biden was referring to. Yes, sometimes you have to move on or ahead without those who are idealogues, racists whatever. Booker is full of it. He's just looking for an angle. It's not good- he knows Biden is not racist.

Many people assume that because the GOP has become such a fascist party that it was always thus. And yes, decades ago progressive Northern Democrats actually worked with racist Southern Democrats (Dixicrats) to pass legislation they could agree on. Now of course the GOP commands the Southern racist element (since the Civil Rights Act of 1964.)

Not a bad idea to actually know a little history and put things in perspective. Booker for my money is kind of dumb. My least favorite Dem in the pack that is running. He's proof that progressives can be blowhards and dumb.

by Anonymousreply 230June 20, 2019 6:19 PM

[quote]25% of Hillary 2008 primary voters voted for McCain

It was only 15%. You were already called out on lying about that figure in another thread a few days ago, why are you still trying it? Here's the link with CNN's actual exit poll. You keep mentioning a March 2008 Gallup poll which was MONTHS before the election, and which also showed 19% would vote McCain if Obama won the nomination.

You're deliberately using incorrect information to try to push your opinion as fact, which makes you a troll by any definition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231June 20, 2019 6:21 PM

No, no, no. What is the difference between Trent Lott and Joe Biden? What Biden said was much worse.

by Anonymousreply 232June 20, 2019 6:22 PM

Also, 16% of McCain's voters in the primaries would have voted for Clinton in the general.

Compared to 15% of Hillary's who voted for McCain, that's almost an even trade.

The demographics of the crossover voters for McCain don't point to them being PUMAs, anyway. PUMAs were feminist women who were angry that a woman wasn't nominated, remember? Most of the crossover voters were older white non-college independents.

You keep lying and claiming nearly 30% of Hillary's voters switched to the GOP in 2008 all you want, asshole, but you're wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233June 20, 2019 6:23 PM

R229, Hunter isn't running for president.

It's amazing that news leaks that Trump is losing to Biden in polls in key states and there's a proliferation of anti Biden threads on Datalounge. It's not a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 234June 20, 2019 6:25 PM

No it's not a coincidence.

Still, I'm blocking them NOW so I won't have to block them LATER.

by Anonymousreply 235June 20, 2019 6:29 PM

[quote] The GOP strategy doesn't work by itself, either. It's a combination of catering to a certain bigoted demographic, lies and manipulation, plus gerrymandering, cheating and corruption. That's the only way the GOP can win.

Yet they keep winning.

Their strategy works all right. It works for them in areas where a Democrat will never be elected. They have convinced their followers that death is better than universal health care. Those people will watch their children die before they’d allow universal health care. Because Jesus needs new angels and socialists are after America and want to make votes of non-white people matter as much as white peoples votes.

Btw, Latinos are falling hard for the GOP. Many don’t like blacks, they don’t want secure jobs with benefits - they’d rather work for cash under the table or have their own businesses. They’re becoming increasingly evangelical. They see themselves as Caucasians and believe that white peoples will too if they follow the GOP. It’s a way of assimilation as well as a reflection on beliefs held for generations fearing governments. Central American governments are corrupt and disgusting. We put them in charge, so many immigrants like living in the US because they can have better lives, but they want nothing to do with the US government “meddling” in their lives with stuff like health care.

Some people don’t even want to use workplace health insurance because they’re afraid any medical/mental health problem can be used against them in their jobs and passed along from one workplace to the next. I used to work in health care and heard this a lot. I’m not sure where it came from.

by Anonymousreply 236June 20, 2019 6:32 PM

We'll have to agree to disagree. I believe their strategy works well enough to allow them plausible deniability when an election is stolen, but that their strategy in and of itself is not enough to win elections.

by Anonymousreply 237June 20, 2019 6:34 PM

Sorry, wrong thread. (R57)

by Anonymousreply 238June 20, 2019 6:46 PM

[quote] O tried to compromise all of the time. You know what that got him?

Sadly President Obama was rather inexperienced in the ways of Congress. I didn't agree with HOW he compromised. You really have to know how to do it. Not all compromise is equal or useful. Pres O just was out of his depth in dealing with congress. Hillary was much better at this skill than he was.

by Anonymousreply 239June 20, 2019 6:48 PM

[quote]Btw, Latinos are falling hard for the GOP.

Not according to the 2018 votes and the latest polls.

by Anonymousreply 240June 20, 2019 6:48 PM

Republicans never apologize and never admit defeat. Ever. And the reason they win legislatively is because they a re not f lexible. They stick to their position and tough it out, and eventually it's the Democrats who want to reconcile and offer olive branches and talk compromise and the Democrats who give in a little here and a little there. I hate that. I want to win...like the Republicans. I want an LBJ on the fucking White House who will use coercion, blackmail and bribery to get it done.

by Anonymousreply 241June 20, 2019 7:01 PM

Wasn't that why O brought Biden on the ticket? To navigate the legislative part of his agenda and yet Biden was useless and impotent to make anything happen. But we are suppose to believe Biden will do better under the Trumpites.

by Anonymousreply 242June 20, 2019 7:07 PM

As I have said before, nothing like a good apology rally to get people fired up. Dems just eat their own. So fucking frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 243June 20, 2019 7:09 PM

Republicans had a chance with Latinos 20 years ago, they blew it.

Now, they get nothing from them or next to nothing. The Republicans are loathed and despised in the Latino communities in America and with good reason. It's only going to get worse for them.

by Anonymousreply 244June 20, 2019 7:09 PM

It’s fake, this bromance.

by Anonymousreply 245June 20, 2019 7:12 PM

I still say that Joe could remedy a lot of the fuck ups if he had a sharper staff. They're the ones who would know what works and what doesn't, and what's not appropriate. They'd know what today's voters are squeamish about. But here's the thing. The Republicans, aided by the Media "Gotcha Game" has always been able to use the Democrats' strengths against them It's jujitsu political strategy. It's why John Kerry, a War Hero, got swift-boated. Which is why a George W. Bush who was AWOL the entire time he was serving in the Reserves during Vietnam, and Cheney with his 5b deferments could use Kerry's war record against him. Hillary and her e-mails and Benghazi were another matter. She was a damned effective Secretary of State. So much so that Putin was obsessed with doing everything he could to stop her from winning.

by Anonymousreply 246June 20, 2019 7:20 PM

Even ten years ago, they could have done it, R244. They had a post mortem after the Obama win and had several proposals for dealing with the changing demographics and getting inroads into the Latino and African-American communities. As another site wrote:

[quote]So Republicans faced a Hobson’s Choice after Obama’s 2008 win – Plan A: develop policies that appealed to the new and growing non-white demographic of voters or Plan B: find innovative ways to keep a growing percentage of the rising demographic tide of non-white voters from the ballot box.

Guess which one they chose?

by Anonymousreply 247June 20, 2019 7:22 PM

Trump still got more of the Latino vote than he should have. One thing I was surprised to discover. I thought most Latinos were Catholics and I was shocked to discover, about 20 yrs ago how many Latinos had been drawn towards Evangelical churches. there are a ton of evangelical Latinos. And the ones who voted for Trump instead of being offended by his immigration policies and his insults, they hated right along side im. They hated to be judged as one of "those Latinas" Gangs, drugs, stupidity, uneducated, etc.etc.etc. They bought the stereotypes and out hated their white brethren.

by Anonymousreply 248June 20, 2019 7:28 PM

R200 You know that we agree with you, right?

We all want this to end. No matter who the party nominates next summer - we need a totally orchestrated platform. Not the crazy patchwork we've had in the past. It has to be something that works for America, has real leadership and solves problems. It can't be yet another "and the native american transgendered librarian womyn of okichobee county demand ..." pandering bullshit we dish up every four years.

Knock that platform down to no more than 20 easily digested goals that are coherent political, social and economic plans. Get former presidents, senators, members of congress, and governors to endorse it. We have to stop looking like a "Kids in the Hall" video.

by Anonymousreply 249June 20, 2019 7:33 PM

R206 Neither young, nor inexperienced. I've spent most of my adult life dealing with the Hill and the White House.

While I agree these awards are staged, it's not like anyone in the Republicans party is getting any awards they can point to. At least, not English language awards. If they want to point to their Tass, Pravda and Order of Lenin awards from Putin, I wish they would. It would cheer me no end to use every picture of them sucking up to the Russians against them.

The B roll is the tragic shitholery of Jared's slums for which he gets hundreds of millions in federal subsidies, while Americans live in roach and rat infested dumps.

Trump: Making America a Russian Shithole.

Yes, we should say Shithole. Let them bleep us.

by Anonymousreply 250June 20, 2019 7:36 PM

I take it you are unfamiliar with what Biden was able to accomplish, r242.

by Anonymousreply 251June 20, 2019 7:37 PM

Apparently, I am since both Biden and you are unwilling to share those accomplishments.

by Anonymousreply 252June 20, 2019 7:41 PM

Biden worked the Senate while Pelosi worked the House on Healthcare and we got it.

Don't fucking tell me Biden didn't do anything, asshat. There are a lot of people, including a lot of kids, who are alive today because of what President Obama, Vice President Biden and Speaker Pelosi did and it was NOT easy.

by Anonymousreply 253June 20, 2019 7:51 PM

For this smug old asshole to say "Cory should apologize to me" is the height of white entitlement. He can go screw himself for all I'm concerned. He called segregation a "matter of black pride" back in the 70s. What a disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 254June 20, 2019 7:54 PM

So he'll be a great POTUS if he has both Houses. Sounds like with segregationists and anti-healthcare Democrats he is very effective.

by Anonymousreply 255June 20, 2019 7:54 PM

The Rethuglican "plan to win more Latinos" was a lot like their "plan to win more women" a nd their plan to run more women candidates. Nopne of it worked because they don't want Latinos in the country and they don't want women outside of the home unless they're dancing on poles.

by Anonymousreply 256June 20, 2019 7:54 PM

Add R254 to the invisible pile, the rancid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 257June 20, 2019 7:55 PM

So Joe Biden seems out of touch, has weak people advising him, and the media has already declared that he will win.

Didn’t we go through this exact same scenario in 2016??

Democrats will never learn.

by Anonymousreply 258June 20, 2019 8:00 PM

[quote] I still say that Joe could remedy a lot of the fuck ups if he had a sharper staff

He used to have a great staff. When I was a lobbyist in the 80s I could always count on his staff and, by way of them, I could count on Biden's vote on my issues. Cong. Gerry Connolly was Biden's chief staffer on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and he was great to work with. 200 million women in the developing world have him - and me - to thank for millions of dollars in health care and reproductive assistance despite the Reagan administration and right wing assholes. And, yes, I had to work with all kinds of awful people and right wingers to achieve these things.

by Anonymousreply 259June 20, 2019 8:34 PM

[quote]Booker for my money is kind of dumb. My least favorite Dem in the pack that is running. He's proof that progressives can be blowhards and dumb

Aren't you the same one getting on your high horse in other threads complaining about how nasty people can be?

by Anonymousreply 260June 20, 2019 8:59 PM

[quote] They hated to be judged as one of "those Latinas" Gangs, drugs, stupidity, uneducated, etc.etc.etc. They bought the stereotypes and out hated their white brethren.

Exactly. Just like Cubans, who always have to let people know they’re Cuban, not “that kind.”

by Anonymousreply 261June 20, 2019 9:03 PM

[quote] For this smug old asshole to say "Cory should apologize to me" is the height of white entitlement.

Lol. Not when it’s Spartacus he’s talking about.

Queen Corey is a grandstander.

by Anonymousreply 262June 20, 2019 9:06 PM

MSNBC has been harping on Biden all day for this. Nice to see the media is back to 2016 slamming the dems.

by Anonymousreply 263June 20, 2019 9:15 PM

MSNBC is having smart discussions about Biden's comments. Nicole Wallace had a great show with some intelligence discussion from her panel.

by Anonymousreply 264June 20, 2019 9:28 PM

The second day of full media coverage (at least on msnbc, as r263 correctly points out) about biden GASP! saying that he worked with deplorables while doing the people's work in government! He should apologize! He must be cancelled? He needs to be ritually sacrificed on the Lincoln Memorial by Al Sharpton himself!

The people offended by this (professional "woke" twitter) are the only people they have on cable news. What a surprise that they all agree with each other.

by Anonymousreply 265June 20, 2019 9:31 PM

R10 Joe Biden does the 1%’s work.

by Anonymousreply 266June 20, 2019 9:41 PM

It seems lost on many people that the segregationist Southern senators were supportive of FDR's New Deal, and their constituents were responsible for JFK's election (and, to a lesser extent, FDR's elections).

by Anonymousreply 267June 20, 2019 9:51 PM

It's not lost on everyone, R267. Of course FDR had the South back then.

The racist Democratic Party members didn't decide to become racist Republican Party members until after the Civil Rights Act that Lyndon signed. He knew we'd lose them and said so but that Act was more important. I think he was right.

by Anonymousreply 268June 20, 2019 9:56 PM

Jimmy Carter was able to reclaim most of the Deep South in '76, suggesting that other issues might've been responsible for the loss of these voters.

by Anonymousreply 269June 20, 2019 10:03 PM

Joe Scarborough on MSNBC strongly defended Biden.

by Anonymousreply 270June 20, 2019 10:37 PM

[quote]He said that in the past he was able to work with horrible people in the Senate to get things done No actually what he said was he longs for the good old days of racist segregationist senators who were “civil” because they didn’t call him “boy.”

Idiot. They didn’t call you “boy” because you were WHITE, not because they were “civil.”

by Anonymousreply 271June 20, 2019 10:46 PM

Meghan McCunt was so smug talking about this on the view today. Dismissing Sunny’s points and shaking her head. This is who you Biden lovers are in bed with, Meghan McCain!!

by Anonymousreply 272June 20, 2019 11:08 PM

r271, BINGO!!!

You get it, I get it, why the fuck doesn't Joe Biden?

by Anonymousreply 273June 20, 2019 11:08 PM

[quote]You get it, I get it, why the fuck doesn't Joe Biden?

Joe Biden is tone-deaf, as has already been pointed out many times on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 274June 20, 2019 11:15 PM

You're dead right, r267. Senator Bilbo of Mississippi, who wanted to send blacks back to Africa, was a big supporter of the New Deal and a big enemy of Wall Street. And look at Huey Long for God's sake.

by Anonymousreply 275June 20, 2019 11:16 PM

Because there is more to it than you are willing to acknowledge, R273. Politics was and is more complex than what you are able to grasp.

He doesn't owe anyone an apology, least of all the attention-seeking Cory Booker. All of y'all can go fuck yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 276June 20, 2019 11:16 PM

Booker Is more tone deaf than Biden. I did get a laugh when he said he speaks truth to power. Ever part of his life is a lie.

by Anonymousreply 277June 20, 2019 11:38 PM

R277, He can be bought as easily as Biden, that’s true.

by Anonymousreply 278June 20, 2019 11:48 PM

Apparently some woman has come forward claiming Hunter Biden is the father of her child. Anyone hear this?

“She really does not want this to be a media spectacle. She does not want this to affect Joe Biden’s campaign. She just wants this baby to get financial support from the baby’s father,” the lawyer told the Arkansas Democrat Gazette.“

Yeah, I can tell. It’s on Fox News website of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279June 21, 2019 12:00 AM

Hunter Biden has had substance abuse issues in the past and I wonder if that’s going on again. It can’t be easy to play the “Bad Son” in the family, lose your mother, sister, and “Good Son” brother, and have it all play out while your dad is Joe Biden. I feel much worse for the grandkids though.

by Anonymousreply 280June 21, 2019 12:04 AM

We have to keep in mind than Biden is a man of his time. He can't be expected to have the same sensitivities and beliefs of people half his age.

by Anonymousreply 281June 21, 2019 12:07 AM

And he shouldn't be elected to represent people half his age who don't share his lack of sensitivities and beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 282June 21, 2019 12:10 AM

Does Ashley still party too?

by Anonymousreply 283June 21, 2019 12:34 AM

How did Biden have the time to be a Senator and raise two boys? I always thought his story showed how up his own ass he was. Did he ship those kids off to boarding school? Seems like a fucked up family dynamic. I know he had a job to do, but the hours would be crazy for single parent. How did he make it work? (This does not play into my vote)

by Anonymousreply 284June 21, 2019 12:44 AM

[quote]What he's actually saying is that you have to work with people no matter what you think of them. And in working with them you need some level of civility.

No, what he actually did was comment on how “civil” a couple of openly racist senators were back in the good old days and reminisce about how they didn’t call him “boy” because they were so civil. Which is beyond bizarre and wildly tone-deaf.

This old hack is not the guy we need right now.

by Anonymousreply 285June 21, 2019 12:58 AM

He gets to schmoozing at these fundraisers for wealthy donors and goes off the rails. Makes weird nonsensical comments and ramblings like this one. There’ll be more, don’t worry.

by Anonymousreply 286June 21, 2019 1:08 AM

I like Biden, and more importantly I think he can beat trump, but since the media will create some new "appalling, tone deaf!! outrage!!" BS story about him every week from now until election day, I don't think he has a chance. The media is "But Her Emails!!"-ing him, and even though the dem voters are remaining strongly in support of Biden, you just can't fight the media when they decide to go after you non-stop. Look at Hilary, what could she do to fight against the constant email coverage? When the media decides to ceaselessly cover every time you fail to kowtow to whatever minority interest group "woke twitter" decides you offended, you can't win.

by Anonymousreply 287June 21, 2019 1:26 AM

One thing we need to push back on with the Media, is that there is NO way we will stand for trashing Biden on bullshit that pales in comparison to what they allowed Trump to get away with since 2015. Period. Every fucking time they start some shit about ANY Democrat we need to push back fast and hard and repeatedly. We can sit here amongst ourselves and discuss our reactions and perceptions and opinions, etc. But no way will I let Media oir other pundits out there fuck with our candidates. Not Biden not Elizabeth or Cory or anyone. ( well maybe Bernie....kidding!)

by Anonymousreply 288June 21, 2019 1:32 AM

So now Dems are going to start yelling FAKE NEWS every time they don't like the coverage their candidate receives? Get real.

by Anonymousreply 289June 21, 2019 1:35 AM

[quote]I think he can beat trump, but since the media will create some new "appalling, tone deaf!! outrage!!" BS story about him every week from now until election day

I regret to say that the odds are quite good that they will do the equivalent to any Democratic Party candidate. It won't be "tone deaf!" every week but it will be something else.That's the reality of the media environment we are currently in.

by Anonymousreply 290June 21, 2019 1:41 AM

Elizabeth Warren would lose to Trump by the same margin that Hillary did. White working-class people in the Midwest are not going to vote for a liberal woman from MA. There are so many people who won't vote for a woman for president. Black, Latino and young people are not going to turn out for her any more than they did for Hillary.

Biden has a decent chance of winning Florida, Georgia and Arizona. Those states aren't even in play if Warren is the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 291June 21, 2019 1:47 AM

The media wants revenue. They want viewers. So they'll go with spectacle. They don't give a shit about Democracy. They are not patriots they are pure capitalists. Trump gives them spectacle. Biden, they will turn into a joke. I think they find most of the 2020 candidates boring. Bernie was a novelty in 2016. He generated revenue like a trained monkey. Clinton "scandals" drive ratings. They are short term thinkers looking for their next fix.

by Anonymousreply 292June 21, 2019 1:48 AM

R284, he famously got on the Amtrak train every night for thirty years and commuted back to Delaware every night.

“Unfortunately, Biden began riding the train in the wake of a tragedy. Shortly after he was elected to the Senate in 1972, his wife, Neilia, and baby daughter, Naomi, died in a car accident. His sons, Beau and Hunter, were injured. The train became his primary means of being home with his sons each night. Over the next few decades of taking it daily, Biden became friends with several Amtrak employees and fellow passengers.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293June 21, 2019 1:55 AM

R291, Clinton and Warren are night and day. They couldn’t be more different. They are both white with vaginas, The similarities end there.you sound like a sexist suggesting Warren cannot win simply because she’s a woman. What the fuck!

by Anonymousreply 294June 21, 2019 1:57 AM

R267 and R275, the Southern Democrats would not support the NEw Deal unless Roosevelt capitulated to their demands for a Jim Crow, segregated set up. Segregated by Law. Federal Law. LAws that upheld states rights. The right o formalize segregation like apartheid in the American South. That was the priced they extracted for their support. During WW II Black soldiers training or billeted in the South complained bitterly about watching German POWs enjoy more freedom than they had as members of the military.

by Anonymousreply 295June 21, 2019 1:59 AM

R294, Do you live in the real world?

by Anonymousreply 296June 21, 2019 2:04 AM

R254 Why are you quoting from right wing rags like the Daily Caller and the Moonie owned Washington Examiner? You should be apologizing to all of us for wasting our time with your crap.

by Anonymousreply 297June 21, 2019 2:05 AM

This is Joe and Jill being greeted at the Amtrak station back in Delaware on January 20, 2017. There were met by the marching band from University of Delaware. They took the Amtrak back from the inauguration.

Joe Biden has a lot of faults, but he is the anti-Trump. He and his wife are down to earth, decent people. He’s not my first choice, but if he gets the nomination I will vote for him gladly. Keep your eye on the ball here. It’s Evil Vermin vs. Joe Biden. I’ll take Joe any time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298June 21, 2019 2:06 AM

R276 Nearly perfect. The correct southernism is "All y'all fuck y'all". But I give you very high marks.

by Anonymousreply 299June 21, 2019 2:07 AM

R296, Yes are you? Clinton got rejected because she a crook and a cunt. Not because she’s a woman.

by Anonymousreply 300June 21, 2019 2:08 AM

R259 In the 80's dear? Gerry was still Fairfax County Chairman back then.

by Anonymousreply 301June 21, 2019 2:08 AM

Cory is trying desperately to get attention, especially going into the debates, since no one gives a fuck about his candidacy.

by Anonymousreply 302June 21, 2019 2:10 AM

Well it worked. It got us talking about Cory Booker for the first time in a manner that didn’t involve his beard Rosario Dawson.

by Anonymousreply 303June 21, 2019 2:12 AM

Joe Biden is the reason why we have marriage equality today. He was the one who got the ball rolling by forcing Obama off the sidelines.

by Anonymousreply 304June 21, 2019 2:15 AM

Booker is looking to make some -- any -- stride in the polls. It smells of desperation.

by Anonymousreply 305June 21, 2019 2:16 AM

Kamala also ripped Biden a new one.

by Anonymousreply 306June 21, 2019 2:16 AM

Bullshit. Kamala offered a milquetoast response.

by Anonymousreply 307June 21, 2019 2:19 AM

Obama and Biden had nothing to do with marriage equality except to be there to celebrate with us. Do not rewrite that history.

by Anonymousreply 308June 21, 2019 2:21 AM

Kamala isnt fulfilling her potential so it stands to reason why she'd be bashing Biden too.

by Anonymousreply 309June 21, 2019 3:11 AM

[quote]Anyone saying Joe needs to show what he can do isn't aware of his accomplishments as VP.

Can you outline all the times he got Repugs to work with him and vote with the Dems to accomplish anything like he's claiming will magically happen if he's elected?

by Anonymousreply 310June 21, 2019 3:52 AM

We know he can work with Republicans to get sexual harassers on the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 311June 21, 2019 3:56 AM

[quote] FDR didn't save the Jews so obviously he is now cancelled. But the Japs in camps, too!

And George Takei wants to remind you about it

𝑮𝒆𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆 𝑻𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒊: "𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒑𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆. 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎, 𝒊𝒏 𝑨𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒂."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312June 21, 2019 3:59 AM

R102. There’s nothing quite to patronizing, elitist and softly racist as someone who wasn’t the object of a statement deciding the intent of the statement and whether to be offended - on behalf of the person who wasn’t.

Good job, woke wank. Keep it fresh. Please, let us hear your thoughts on how the Stay-Puf Marshmallow cartoon marginalizes plus size people by implying they’re just slobs who overeat and they’re all white. You know they’re gonna go downtown and tear up the city for Gozer and Zuul. That’s totally on the big white guy, right?

by Anonymousreply 313June 21, 2019 4:03 AM

Yakkity-yak, Joe claps back.

by Anonymousreply 314June 21, 2019 4:32 AM

R304 Joe Biden isn't why we have marriage equality. If you want to single out any one person and that probably isn't even really fair but if you do, it is Gavin Newsom who was major of San Francisco and started to allow gays to apply for marriage licenses at city hall. These were the first marriages and not domestic partnerships. He'd make a great running mate for Elizabeth Warren.

by Anonymousreply 315June 21, 2019 4:40 AM

I get John Edwards vibes from Gavin Newsom, from the hair down.

by Anonymousreply 316June 21, 2019 4:44 AM

R316 LOL. I really like Gavin Newsom but wish he would get a new hairdo.

by Anonymousreply 317June 21, 2019 4:47 AM

I am so over Biden.

by Anonymousreply 318June 21, 2019 4:49 AM

R312. The Republicans controlled Congress, reduced the quotas on Jews. That meant 20,000 children were sent to the camps.

So, obviously - the Republicans are canceled.

by Anonymousreply 319June 21, 2019 5:12 AM

Lindsey Graham is on TV shilling and making apologies for Biden. That should tell you all we need to know about why we don’t want Biden in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 320June 21, 2019 8:26 AM

[quote] R259 In the 80's dear? Gerry was still Fairfax County Chairman back then.

How does it feel to be wrong by 20 years? You try to post a "correction" without a clue as to what's what. Unlike you, I know what I'm talking about. Gerry didn't enter politics until he left working for Biden. That's generally how it works.

Here:

[quote] Connolly worked from 1979 to 1989 with the United States Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, where he managed committee oversight of international economic issues, international narcotics control, and United Nations and Middle East policies, and published reports on U.S. policy in El Salvador, Central America, Israel, and the Persian Gulf region. In local politics, Connolly served on the Fairfax Government Reorganization Commission from 1992 to 1993. In 1995, he was elected Providence District Supervisor, serving for nine years. Connolly's career as a public official began on March 28, 1995, when he won a special election for the Providence District seat on the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors. He was elected Chairman of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors in 2003.

by Anonymousreply 321June 21, 2019 9:59 AM

[quote] Lindsey Graham is on TV shilling and making apologies for Biden. That should tell you all we need to know about why we don’t want Biden in the White House.

You sound like Sen Joe McCarthy who told 'Mericuns that the commies were all for Dr, Martin Luther King and his civil rights and that's all you need to know about him and why we don't need his ideas in this fine country of ours.

I could never stand Biden but this devouring ourselves over opportunistic offense taking when any halfwit knows what Biden meant is why we're gonna lose again. WTF is wrong with Booker anyway?

by Anonymousreply 322June 21, 2019 10:05 AM

You fuckwats, Just because someone reminds us of a time when some things in the past were good, does not mean they think everything back then was all coming up roses. Just like the world today, both good and bad co-exist. Only a simpleton thinks Biden is saying he embraced the racism back in that day. You are just looking for excuses to say he is old or out of touch.

Nice try Bernie Bros, but your leader is just old and gray.

by Anonymousreply 323June 21, 2019 10:19 AM

Biden is out of touch r323, and I thought so long before he made these stupid remarks.

by Anonymousreply 324June 21, 2019 12:25 PM

Right now I'm supporting Mayor Pete, Kamala, and Elizabeth. I've seen all three in person and they are impressive. If Biden wins the nomination I'm there. I don't want Trump to get a second term. And I will say right now that Elizabeth Warren can definitely speak to the White Working Class. She and the other two are doing some hard work right now going to towns and cities all over this country listening and talking and meeting people.

Some of you seem clueless as to what's going on in this country right now. But the grass roots are seriously pissed off. We are seriously angry, and if Labrador Retriever got the Democratic nomination for President, we'd vote for it. Joe is useful right now because both he & Elizabeth are draining the energy out of Bernie. Just remember: Hillary WON the popular vote. She lost the electoral college by 77744 votes. We need to make sure they don't steal those fucking votes again. We a re going to win this. Just remember that. WE ARE GOING TO WIN THIS.

by Anonymousreply 325June 21, 2019 1:16 PM

Biden and Bernie are too old for the job.

Elizabeth is the best choice, followed right behind by Kamala and Pete.

by Anonymousreply 326June 21, 2019 1:37 PM

Republicans want nothing more than a Trump vs Biden election. They must think it’s an easy victory for Trump. Why else would they be all over tv passionately defending Biden?

by Anonymousreply 327June 21, 2019 1:46 PM

Republicans just want to play "Look how mean and divisive Nancy is. Why can't she be like Joe and give us what we want."

by Anonymousreply 328June 21, 2019 1:52 PM

Nothing to apologize for.

Apologizing for trivial things makes one seem weak. See Beto as an example.

by Anonymousreply 329June 21, 2019 2:27 PM

Booker is a hypocritical closet case just like Andrew Gillum. I can’t take him seriously as a presidential candidate...look how he’s rushing to make himself look respectable in the eyes of his prospective voters...oh, like he is in love with Rosario Dawson. Please. I am on the fence with Biden after all of these revelations over the past couple of years, but please, no Cory Booker.

by Anonymousreply 330June 21, 2019 3:20 PM

[quote]Only a simpleton thinks Biden is saying he embraced the racism back in that day. You are just looking for excuses to say he is old or out of touch.

But he is out of touch. He is also still gaffe-prone, which helped sink him the previous times he's tried to run for President. He's also been shown, now, to be tone-deaf. No one is saying he's a blatant racist. They are saying he is from another time and the time for that time to be in power is over.

'That white racist called me son, not boy...' should rightly be the end of his campaign. If you don't think so, I want you to go out, walk up to a younger white man and black man standing by each other on the street and greet them as "son" and "boy", respectively, and see what happens.

Biden will make another huge gaffe during the debate or forget one of his opponent's names or refer to Kamala or Gillibrand as 'lil lady' or 'darlin' and off his campaign right there on live tv. I honestly don't even think Obama supports his run and that's why Biden took so long to decide. Biden is going backwards, in every possible way.

by Anonymousreply 331June 21, 2019 6:28 PM

As the dotard's polling continues to be abysmal, I love how all this anti-Biden "opinion" appears eveywhere. It's so coincidental.

They know that Joe can and will beat the orange traitor and they are scared.

I'm enjoying their fear.

by Anonymousreply 332June 21, 2019 7:07 PM

R100 writes,

[quote][R97] you need to learn from Republicans about messaging, disregard Trump for a moment. When they go out to campaign, like now, they talk about fighting for their Party's principles..... | Dems are always willing to compromise because ....

It is because the corporate Democratic Party Establishment are corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 333June 21, 2019 8:22 PM

And the other half have no understanding of economics but still want to give everyone a unicorn, r333.

by Anonymousreply 334June 21, 2019 8:36 PM

R321 With your rage and impulse control issues, you were a Big Pharma lobbyist? Yeah. Thought so. That's cool. I wasn't living in Fairfax yet.

by Anonymousreply 335June 21, 2019 9:17 PM

r313

[quote]There’s nothing quite to patronizing, elitist and softly racist as someone who wasn’t the object of a statement deciding the intent of the statement and whether to be offended

I so agree with you on this statement. I saw De Blasio on Andrea Mitchell today, and he's going on and on about how "harmful" Biden's comments were (really??? Joe Biden HARMED people with his comments? was it LITERAL VIOLENCE too?) Andrea asked him about Rep Clyburn--himself a foot-soldier of the civil rights movement--statement saying he understood what Biden was saying and she basically wanted De Blasio to explain why he was offended when Clyburn wasn't. Of course he didn't, but when on to talk about how "harmful and offensive" the comments were and how he wanted his children to grow up in a country free of such harmful people. Because Biden saying he worked with an old white racist senator in, what the 80's?, HARMED De Blasio's children's future. Such BS.

Also, I'm a 30yo millennial, and I have never heard of the old racist senator (Eastmond? w/e) that Biden said he worked with. Is this guy a common household name? Biden's not my first choice, but the professionally aggrieved "woke" crowd is NOT going to get me turned against him by bringing up what happened in the 80's, literally before I was even conceived.

by Anonymousreply 336June 21, 2019 9:53 PM

The wokesters are holding court, dominating the narrative with their constant condemnations of others who dare not to hold views or positions as ultra-perfect as their own.

So they literally GO INSANE when someone says, "fuck you, I'm not resigning, I'm not apologizing, I'm not quitting."

If Biden takes a shit on the cover of Ta-Nehisi Coates's latest book tomorrow, I will contribute a thousand dollars to his campaign. lol

by Anonymousreply 337June 21, 2019 9:58 PM

[quote] I saw De Blasio on Andrea Mitchell today, and he's going on and on about how "harmful" Biden's comments were

White people splaining how black people feel about an issue instead of letting black people speak for themselves. Typical.

by Anonymousreply 338June 21, 2019 9:59 PM

Biden wrote the infamous ‘94 for goodness sake. I don’t know what it’s going to take for black voters to wisen up. They gotta make him work for it at least.

by Anonymousreply 339June 21, 2019 10:15 PM

*infamous 94 crime bill

by Anonymousreply 340June 21, 2019 10:16 PM

ANY DEMOCRAT would be 1000X better than 4 more years of this RAPIST CUNT in the White House:

The episode is one of six incidents Carroll details in the article of attacks on her by men over the course of her life. Another episode involves the disgraced former CEO of CBS, Les Moonves. The cover story is an excerpt from her newest book, What Do We Need Men For? A Modest Proposal, which will be published on July 2 by St. Martin’s Press.

When Carroll meets Donald Trump in Bergdorf Goodman, the encounter starts as a friendly one. Trump recognizes her as “that advice lady”; Carroll recognizes him as “that real-estate tycoon.” Trump tells Carroll that he’s there to buy a gift for “a girl,” and though we don’t learn the identity of this mystery woman, Carroll places the ensuing incident in late 1995 or early 1996, during which time Trump was married to Marla Maples. When Trump asks Carroll to advise him on what to buy, she agrees, and the two eventually make their way to the lingerie section. Trump suggests a lace bodysuit and encourages Carroll to try it on; she, deflecting, jokingly suggests that he try it on instead. After they reach the dressing rooms, events turn violent. In Carroll’s account, Trump shoves her against a wall inside a dressing room, pulls down her tights, and, “forcing his fingers around my private area, thrusts his penis halfway — or completely, I’m not certain — inside me.”

by Anonymousreply 341June 21, 2019 10:20 PM

And she didn't think to mention this before the 2016 election, because...??

by Anonymousreply 342June 21, 2019 10:24 PM

Incredibly cynical, faked outrage for the lowest political reasons. How much more of this utter bullshit is the public supposed to go along with?

by Anonymousreply 343June 21, 2019 10:44 PM

R324. We’ve had a President who’s way too much in touch. We’ll take one who’s not all handsy. We’ll also take one who has credible Washington experience - not a weekend staycation touring the sites.

by Anonymousreply 344June 21, 2019 10:46 PM

If Elizabeth Warren were PResident at least we could dispense with the sexualassault charges.

by Anonymousreply 345June 21, 2019 10:55 PM

[quote] [R321] With your rage and impulse control issues, you were a Big Pharma lobbyist? Yeah. Thought so. That's cool. I wasn't living in Fairfax yet.

Rage? Impulse control?

LOL! I know I should ignore you but you are sort of amusing. You just keep sticking that big fat foot in your mouth.

YOU singled out my post to make an erroneous correction based on your lack of knowledge. When I tried to educate you on the facts you now go off and transfer your embarrassment onto me?

I was the lobbyist for an organization that worked to get funding and legislation for reproductive rights and health care for women in the developing world. We also were the leaders in getting regressive Reagan administration language in pertinent bills blocked. According to WHO stats at the time, there were 200 million women in the world who didn't want their last child and didn't want another child and had no means - either financial or actual - to prevent another pregnancy. I was extremely proud of our accomplishments and extremely proud to know many of these women in the developing world. Though it was exhausting work, my time was well spent in those years. It was exciting and fulfilling.

When you decide to act like a decent human being and take your foot out of your mouth I'd be happy to accept your apology.

by Anonymousreply 346June 21, 2019 11:04 PM

Biden's going down. He was always a joke. He can't hide behind Obama anymore.

by Anonymousreply 347June 21, 2019 11:06 PM

I teach a class in investing twice a month and I've got to know a number of retirees. They all feel Biden is too old...and showing his age. They like him. They are all pretty Liberal. but they don't think he should be running. And they're afraid of Trump. Especially hate what he is doing to the children at the border.

by Anonymousreply 348June 21, 2019 11:11 PM

R346. Sure you did. You were a superhero. Tell us how you saved the world during the Reagan administration. Sounds like you’ve fluffed up your resume to feel better about the crappy job you did.

If you did a better job, women’s rights would be in the shitter today.

by Anonymousreply 349June 21, 2019 11:27 PM

Joe Biden’s vote to send more than 35000 American service members to be killed or injured in Iraq is a disqualification to be President.

It was a disqualification for John Kerry and Hillary Clinton both too.

by Anonymousreply 350June 22, 2019 12:17 AM

R350 I always forget that but I agree completely.

I think Warren will surprise a lot of people. She’s from Oklahoma originally, not MA, and lived working class and as a single mom for a while. Plus she’s financially literate and knows economics, so she won’t get boxed out by Wall Street. My somewhat-antiquated “fiscally conservative, socially liberal” dad keeps sending her plans around.

by Anonymousreply 351June 22, 2019 12:32 AM

[QUOTE]Joe Biden’s vote to send more than 35000 American service members to be killed or injured in Iraq is a disqualification to be President.

Why wasn’t it a disqualification to be Vice President?

by Anonymousreply 352June 22, 2019 1:01 AM

^^People don’t vote for a Vice-President. They vote for President, and tolerate the running mate.

by Anonymousreply 353June 22, 2019 1:03 AM

They voted at the convention.

by Anonymousreply 354June 22, 2019 1:04 AM

R354 Joe's choice as VP was a bit controversial at the convention. A large percentage of the delegates thought that Obama should have nominated Clinton. Biden was such a dud as VP in the first Obama term that there was a lot of talk about Obama switching him out for Clinton for the 2012 run. He isn't as beloved as people make him out to be.

by Anonymousreply 355June 22, 2019 1:25 AM

He doesn’t have to be beloved, but Joe damn sure wouldn’t have lost that election if he won the nomination. Some dud.

by Anonymousreply 356June 22, 2019 1:28 AM

I think it's fair to say he was beloved as a centrist Delaware senator for 35 years.

by Anonymousreply 357June 22, 2019 1:29 AM

Might be playing a little loose with those years after Anita Hill.

by Anonymousreply 358June 22, 2019 1:34 AM

He also was not beloved enough to be a nominee contender in his previous two outings.

by Anonymousreply 359June 22, 2019 1:36 AM

Delaware has 3 fucking electoral college votes.

I think Obama picked Biden because he was such an old-fashioned pol, DC insider and he would be a dull, uncontroversial choice as Obama was such a shock to the political system.

What did Biden actually do during the Obama administration? I read some comments at the end of the Obama admin from some of his staffers who said they never had any contact with Biden staffers. And note that Obama's 2012 campaign manager Jennifer O'Malley is working for Beto O'Rourke. Biden had to hire loudmouth asshole and BernieSis Symone Sanders. None of Obama's campaign staff has gone to work for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 360June 22, 2019 1:37 AM

We all have a ceiling Joe was fine in the Senate. He was lucky to get to be VP. That's it for him.

by Anonymousreply 361June 22, 2019 1:39 AM

[QUOTE]He also was not beloved enough to be a nominee contender in his previous two outings

Losing an election doesn’t mean you’re not beloved. John McCain got beaten by Barack Obama and he was one of the most beloved senators in American history.

by Anonymousreply 362June 22, 2019 1:43 AM

It's fine to lose if you are in contention but Joe has never even made any impact in his two runs.

by Anonymousreply 363June 22, 2019 1:45 AM

Please! No more old guys!

by Anonymousreply 364June 22, 2019 1:46 AM

Ronald Reagan was 77 when he finished 2 terms. Biden would be 79 if he's inaugurated in 2021. And the Bernster would be 80. Liz Warren would be 72.

This is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 365June 22, 2019 1:54 AM

Joey is still a kid at heart

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366June 22, 2019 2:01 AM

A nearly 20-year old vote after the country was hit with one of the worst terrorist attacks ithad ever seen on US soil and some shit stirrers have issue with the vote? Oh, my sides. Yes, let's make that a campaign issue. Please make that a campaign issue. We'll weed out all the purists with that one.

by Anonymousreply 367June 22, 2019 3:54 AM

I think Joe's time has come and gone. We don't need a centrist politician right now, we need a fighter. We need someone who is going to fight as hard for the American people as the republicans fight for big business. The republicans play dirty. We know that. We need someone who is going to call them out and use the full force of the government to stop them. Not someone who wants to take Mitch's hand and sing kumbaya with the republicans. You don't play nice with Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 368June 22, 2019 4:10 AM

I want whoever can beat the fuck out of Trump. The bigger the win, the bigger the blue wave will be. It cannot be close.

If my fellow Dems don’t realize the country is SICK of having to parse every word for fear of offending someone, they have learned nothing. Know who your allies are and who your enemies are.

Biden is offering a reprieve for older Dems, black Dems, independents and dissatisfied Republicans. I can see why he is appealing right now.

by Anonymousreply 369June 22, 2019 4:18 AM

PS - I’m a gay black man.

by Anonymousreply 370June 22, 2019 4:19 AM

Biden / Pete are the best shot we got.

I know they are both white, but I don't vote on race or gender for that matter. Warren would be good as a VP. Could see Kamala Harris / Pete as a ticket.

by Anonymousreply 371June 22, 2019 4:33 AM

The only reason Biden is polling so well right now is because he has a lot of support from blacks.

I’m not sure what they see in this ancient white man or what they think he’s going to do for them?

Regardless, once they come to their senses, his numbers are going to drop fast.

by Anonymousreply 372June 22, 2019 4:51 AM

Sorry, Pete stan, the mess in South Bend will bring him down. He is reinforcing his less than zero support with blacks.

by Anonymousreply 373June 22, 2019 5:19 AM

Biden will bring all the black to the yard, Pete will bring the rest.

Biden/Pete

by Anonymousreply 374June 22, 2019 5:25 AM

People constantly attacking Biden strengthens my support for him.

We don't need something new, we need something old. After the insane, destructive clusterfuck of the orange traitor, new won't help us. We know Joe Biden, we've known him for years. We know the sort of man he is, his beliefs, his strengths and weaknesses. His age, lifetime of public service and familiarity to us make him a strong choice.

If one of the others is a hidden Obama, catches fire with the majority of the Democratic Party and convinces me, okay. Otherwise, the relentless assholes trying to tear down our frontrunner get cunt-punted for being destructive, useless trolls.

If you have an affirmative case to make for your preferred candidate, make it. Tearing down Democratic candidates serves the treasonous orange cunt. It makes you a useless fucking shitstain and/ or a Rethuglican, a distinction without a difference.

by Anonymousreply 375June 22, 2019 5:49 AM

Given how easily he was pressured to change his mind on the Hyde Amendment, I think he’ll apologize next week for this...which is a huge mistake as it shows weakness and his rivals will only up their attacks on whatever they can dig up from his past.

by Anonymousreply 376June 22, 2019 6:05 AM

Joe Biden is the Democrat for the folks that supported Reagan . Thank god there are progressives that reject Reagan in 2020.. We will win.

Reagan supporters fucked over the nation and destroyed the Democratic Party. As a 25 year old it is promising that they will be gone relatively soon.

by Anonymousreply 377June 22, 2019 7:15 AM

All this anti-Biden bitching and yet... I don't see many of you putting forward serious, substantial, positive arguments for the candidate whom you DO support. Oh, there's the I kinda like this and I sorta like that and this other thing here might be good but not a lot of this is my choice and here is why I support their positions on xyz and their leadership on abc.

It's as if someone told you to go out and anti-Biden, anti-Biden, anti-Biden and so that's all there is.

I'm not buying it. No one with any sense would buy it. Choose your candidate. Give us compelling reasons to vote FOR him or her and stop attacking our front-runner.

by Anonymousreply 378June 22, 2019 8:14 AM

Remember when Jeb Bush was the frontrunner??

Biden is not going to last.

by Anonymousreply 379June 22, 2019 10:34 AM

R377, how did Reagan supporters destroy Democrats?

by Anonymousreply 380June 22, 2019 10:36 AM

I thought blacks are always claiming we need criminal justice reform, less prosecution, and less incarceration?

Yet, they give Joe Biden a pass for the 1994 crime bill which he authored.

Doesn’t make any sense.

Joe Biden is full of bad ideas which he gets passed into law, and then has to apologize for.

He doesn’t belong in the White House. .

by Anonymousreply 381June 22, 2019 10:38 AM

Hunter Biden is a mess getting into on sexual peccadillo after another.... the apple doesn't fall far from the tree?

by Anonymousreply 382June 22, 2019 10:54 AM

Not only did the segs help to elect Democratic presidents, but were responsible for years and years of Democratic control of both houses of Congress. And let's not forget that segs could be the leading critics of the Vietnam War (J. William Fulbright) and at the forefront of the investigation into Richard Nixon's crimes (Sam Ervin). Even the mean, drunk Herman Talmadge that Biden directly referenced was a Nixon critic on the Ervin Committee. So those who now say that Biden had no business dealing with these senators are historically ignorant. And, for the record, I'm no Biden apologist, as I deem him too old to become president, and Buttigieg is my preferred candidate.

by Anonymousreply 383June 22, 2019 11:04 AM

Biden is tanking in the polls.

by Anonymousreply 384June 22, 2019 11:13 AM

R384. He is not tanking hater but thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 385June 22, 2019 11:21 AM

the blacks are going to become the great disrupters of this e4cltion cycle

by Anonymousreply 386June 22, 2019 11:25 AM

R386. "The blacks" is that you trump. We still won't vote for you. We are biden all the way.

by Anonymousreply 387June 22, 2019 11:34 AM

Booker should pay more attention to the Trump Klan rallies than whatever senile old Joe says.

by Anonymousreply 388June 22, 2019 12:08 PM

Booker is most concerned about scoring white cock on Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 389June 22, 2019 12:14 PM

Turn down for what

by Anonymousreply 390June 22, 2019 12:20 PM

I worked in local government when that fucking crime bill was being debated and legislated. Our city had a substantial minority population and our Mayor was an African American and while we had a LOT of concerns about the crime bill, ...A LOT OF CONCERNS....we supported it because there were things we needed that were also in the legislation. And the fact of the matter is, sometimes you can't get what you want without getting things you don't want. That's how getting legislation passed works.

We knew the Crime Bill was problematic, but we needed the funding it provided and the ability to hire more cops, etc and other stuff. And let me correct this misimpression: Minorities a re more often the victims of crimes than others. So yes, we wanted more cops on the street. But we wanted trained minority cops that were part of our community. And Baby, if you do the crime then you do the time. We wanted fair sentencing guidelines too.

Look. The criminal justice system is fucked up from top to bottom and needs massive reform. But no minority person wants to be the victim of an unjust system, neither do they want to be a victim of crime. So there is a balance to be achieved. Biden is far from perfect. But he is the Devil we know. and nothing he has ever done comes close to this despicable piece of shit in our White House. He understands government, he honors the Constitution and he respects the Law. It would be nice to have a PResident who is not a criminal, one we can trust not to sell technology for nukes to the Saudis ,allow the murder of journalists, or consort with RUssia and betray our allies, and give away our Intelligence network.

by Anonymousreply 391June 22, 2019 12:48 PM

[quote]Look. The criminal justice system is fucked up from top to bottom and needs massive reform.

And you think Biden is going to do jack shit about that??

Kamala Harris is in a far better position to tackle criminal justice reform.

by Anonymousreply 392June 22, 2019 1:04 PM

Look. There are layers upon layers of racism in this country and some are more subtle than others. When you say "Criminal justice reform" the reaction among non minorities, is that you'll be "soft on crime" and that is how it will be promoted and received. If you want to get it done you place a non minority person in charge of it, a face most people trust, and you make sure they do what you need them to do. The time for us to sit on our asses and let our leaders do their thing is over. Once we elect people to office, we have to keep an eye on them, and make sure they do what we need them to do.

by Anonymousreply 393June 22, 2019 1:23 PM

You think Joe is going to have racist policies after he's elected president? He was VP under Barack Fucking Obama for eight years and he is the one who pushed Barry out of the closet on gay marriage.

I live in Florida, and right now the polling here says Joe beats Lyin' Idiot Donald Trump by double digits -- and we need a Democrat to win in Florida to take back the White House. None of the other candidates come close to the margins that Biden has over Trump, and until they do, I'm not willing to risk it.

So support Grandpa Joe, support the Democratic candidate, and stop making it easier for Lyin' Idiot Donald Trump to get re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 394June 22, 2019 1:53 PM

Amen R394.

by Anonymousreply 395June 22, 2019 2:15 PM

Pete? Pete is gay and in case anybody has forgotten that the GOP will MAKE SURE that we all remember it if he gets anywhere close to being the nominee.

They will play down and dirty, and they WILL GO THERE.

by Anonymousreply 396June 22, 2019 2:20 PM

[quote]I live in Florida, and right now the polling here says Joe beats Lyin' Idiot Donald Trump by double digits -- and we need a Democrat to win in Florida to take back the White House

Once Joe is out of the race, the remaining candidates poll numbers will improve to easily beat Trump.

We should elect someone who is too old, has no vision for the future, and will sit on his aaa and accomplish nothing for 4 years... just because the polls say he “can beat Trump.”

There are several younger, smarter, and very experienced candidates who are in a better position to turn the country around.

by Anonymousreply 397June 22, 2019 2:25 PM

R397. Is delusional. None of the others has the appeal Biden has among all demographics.

by Anonymousreply 398June 22, 2019 2:27 PM

If that’s the case, r397, those candidates should win over the electorate by selling the public on their strengths rather than tearing down Biden.

I’m open to almost all of them. But they have to make the case that they are the best candidate to beat Trump. That’s my number one priority.

by Anonymousreply 399June 22, 2019 2:28 PM

[quote]And she didn't think to mention this before the 2016 election, because...??

Because she had her reasons, that’s because. Sorry but rape victims are not your personal servants.

by Anonymousreply 400June 22, 2019 2:31 PM

R396 Am I the only person who thinks the fact Pete is getting so much media coverage is going to increase homophobia? Barack Obama got elected President which ended racism. Right?

by Anonymousreply 401June 22, 2019 2:46 PM

Gee, I wonder who Republicans are most scared of...

“WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Club for Growth, a conservative political group, will launch new attack ads against Democratic presidential front-runner Joe Biden targeting his past statements about race that will run during his first debate appearance next week.

The decision by Club for Growth to attack Biden is based on internal polling the organization conducted that was viewed exclusively by Reuters. The ad will air on MSNBC and NBC stations in Des Moines, Iowa, according to the organization.

Iowa holds the nation’s first nominating contest.

Club for Growth, whose stated top policy goals include reducing income tax rates, a full repeal of Obamacare and reducing the size of the federal government, will never back a Democrat for president, but it is wading into the Democratic primary likely because Biden poses the greatest risk to Republican President Donald Trump’s reelection bid. Early national polling and surveys in important swing states have repeatedly shown Biden besting Trump in a hypothetical match up.

Club for Growth’s poll found voters are less inclined to vote for Biden if they were told he previously had taken positions that include opposing slavery reparations and busing of school children as part of desegregation systems.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402June 22, 2019 3:07 PM

[quote] And she didn't think to mention this before the 2016 election, because...?? Because she had her reasons, that’s because. Sorry but rape victims are not your personal servants.

And unfortunately the delay undermines her credibility. Please note that I said "undermine" and not "destroy". That's just reality.

There may be legitimate, even understandable, reasons to delay reporting a crime or an event like this but there is also evidence that persons who delay reporting events do so because they are making them up because of more recent motivation against the accused or for other personal reasons. Even those who ARE reporting a past real event are no longer good historians of an event in the distant past.

by Anonymousreply 403June 22, 2019 3:27 PM

Joe is the ONLY candidate who can beat Trump. Most voters vote their pocketbook, and Joe can keep the good Obama economy going, but without all the Trump drama.

by Anonymousreply 404June 22, 2019 3:31 PM

Well then Joe best get to work proving that point instead of doing the charm tour he's been wasting time on.

by Anonymousreply 405June 22, 2019 3:34 PM

If that's true, R404, then Hillary must be silently fuming over this Biden campaign.

by Anonymousreply 406June 22, 2019 3:36 PM

I never really understood Justice Reform until Trump came into office illegally. I know there is a large percentage of AA men in prison - something like 20% of adult male population. Many of these are for minor drug crimes. I compare this to the crimes that we have seen Manafort and Cohen commit - both massive tax fraud bilking the US out of millions of dollars. These lifelong crooks get 3-7 years and they barely got that...yet AA men are in jail for much longer for selling a couple hundred dollars of pot (which is now legal in many states) and for stealing far less than the millions of dollars that Manafort and Cohen stole. Flynn is a whole other story. He basically sold out his country. He probably should be hanged for treason but will most likely get off with parole. Another example is all the Trump people refusing to testify or show up for an appearance before congress. I know if I didn't comply with a subpoena, the police or country sheriff would be at my door within hours. There really does appear to be two sets of laws for rich white people and everyone else. I can't even imagine what it must be like to be black and have not only the law be unequal but actually stacked against you. I think I finally get Judicial Reform.

by Anonymousreply 407June 22, 2019 4:45 PM

[quote][R377], how did Reagan supporters destroy Democrats?

Are you kidding? The crossover votes where normally Democratic voters voted for the make-believe that was Reagan and his bullshit (first celebrity president) forced the Democratic party to move right for all the wrong reasons.

[quote]I’m open to almost all of them. But they have to make the case that they are the best candidate to beat Trump. That’s my number one priority.

The absolute best way to lose an election. You CANNOT use the nebulous rationale of electability. You have to use the one that energizes the voters and makes them excited. That is decidedly not Biden. Warren and Buttigieg are those candidates and I hope that Warren/Buttigieg is our ticket in 2020. They have the excitement and ideas and smarts to get out the base and they have the diversity to also grow that base. If anyone was paying any attention to what happened in 2018 they'd know exactly what we need and it's not an old white man.

by Anonymousreply 408June 22, 2019 5:22 PM

If Warren or Pete can’t get people more excited about their campaign than Biden’s, then that’s a problem. That’s what the primary is for. It’s to convince people you are the best candidate.

And as for the old white man bullshit, it’s bullshit. Candidates of all races and genders were elected in 2018. It wasn’t all women or all diverse people or all young people.

Biden has the loyalty of the black electorate so far. And most other Dems as well. Pete and Warren have to convince them to change their minds based on their strengths.

by Anonymousreply 409June 22, 2019 5:31 PM

R409, show me one old white man on the Democratic side here...especially in comparison to the Repug side. If we make an amalgam of all the pictures on the Dem side, that should be what our candidate resembles for 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410June 22, 2019 5:39 PM

The Iran hostage crisis, and Teddy Kennedy's primary challenge against Carter, as well as the energy crisis, and the Olympics boycott (Russia invaded Afghanistan) all worked against Carter. He had trouble getting anything done legislatively, and was pretty inept in his dealings with Congress including his own Democratic Party members. Energy/Oil was the big deal. Reagan effectively exploited all these issues. Carter's disastrous rescue attempt of the Iranian hostages during his re-election campaign was the final blow. Carter negotiated the hostage rescue and the Iranians as a for of poetic justice, released them as Reagan was getting sworn in. Many believe Reagan helped plan it that way.

by Anonymousreply 411June 22, 2019 6:26 PM

Reagan exploited patriotism on steroids and I remember vividly how the eagan Democrat was born with more conservative, rank and file union members in the Auto industry, all deserting Carter for Reagan in 1980. It was pretty grim. Carter came across as a sanctimonious and inept. Ironically it was Reagan whose agenda included union busting. Air Traffic Controllers were the first casualties. But that was a major turning point. Reagan's election was very consequential. There was a major realignment with his election.

by Anonymousreply 412June 22, 2019 6:31 PM

People still think one person is going to be come in and sweep decades of Republican obstruction and crimes away and everything will be fine. They spent a year making Mueller that person, and now that that's failed, they're latching their hopes onto Biden. They don't want impeachment, they just think elect Biden and poof! all the bad stuff goes away.

But they just don't get it. Nothing is going to change until the Republican party itself is held accountable for all the shit they've done.. And contrary to Biden's message, that's not just Trump. It's the 90% that have enabled and been complicit with his administration. These are not people who suddenly lost their way, They sabotaged Carter, they impeached Clinton, they stonewalled Obama and they stole the elections from Hillary Clinton and Gore. They're not going to suddenly make nicey nice and cooperate should Biden get elected. Either he really believes what he's saying or he's just saying what he knows the voters want to hear so he can be the one to say he beat Trump. . Neither makes a compelling case for him to be in the White House.

You need a democratic candidate who can bring the voters together but who can also tell the truth about the Republican party the way it is today. You need a candidate who calls for bipartisanship but not at the expense of whitewashing treasonous acts.

Where was Biden during the Blue wave of 2018 while his democrats cohorts like Kamala, Warren and Buttigieg were stumping for their own? Supporting Republican Fred Upton (a repealer of the ACA) who beat a democrat for a seat in the House.

Elizabeth Warren stood on the House floor and made a compelling and accurate case for impeachment. What was Biden doing around this time? Praising Mike Pence

Now you tell me who gets it and who doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 413June 22, 2019 6:59 PM

I love seeing so many obvious rethuglican trolls attacking Biden.

Your fear of him brings me happiness.

by Anonymousreply 414June 22, 2019 7:05 PM

Republicans fear Biden! Oh, my sides, there's never a shortage of the gullible.

Biden is a gift to Republicans. This is why people should read instead of getting caught up in fancy fairy tale speeches!

by Anonymousreply 415June 22, 2019 7:18 PM

It's his turn.

by Anonymousreply 416June 22, 2019 7:23 PM

[quote]Where was Biden during the Blue wave of 2018 while his democrats cohorts like Kamala, Warren and Buttigieg were stumping for their own? Supporting Republican Fred Upton (a repealer of the ACA) who beat a democrat for a seat in the House.

With a Youngtown, Ohio, visit Monday and two Wisconsin rallies Tuesday, Biden has traveled to 22 states to campaign for 60 candidates. In recent weeks, he’s showcased his versatility as a surrogate. He’s stumped in Indiana for Sen. Joe Donnelly; in Florida for Sen. Bill Nelson; and for House candidates in Orange County, Calif., Kentucky and upstate New York. The former vice president even squeezed in a visit to London, where he delivered a foreign policy speech.

The breadth of the former vice president’s travel schedule is a testament to the broad-based appeal he’d bring to the 2020 race, as comfortable landing in Trump country as in a liberal college town like Madison

Makes me wonder how much other bullshit you've posted, r413, if you couldn't be bothered to check on what he did during the midterms.

by Anonymousreply 417June 22, 2019 7:24 PM

The Club for Growth already invested millions in taking down Beto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418June 22, 2019 7:24 PM

R417 also came from Politico

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419June 22, 2019 7:27 PM

Fancy fairy tale speeches? Can't say that I've heard one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420June 22, 2019 7:30 PM

So how many Republicans did the other current democratic nominees stump for in the Blue Wave R417? Why even stump for one? Especially one who was responsible for the Obamacare repeal? Wasn't that supposed to be one of his main accomplishments as VP?

[quote]Makes me wonder how much other bullshit you've posted

Because there is none.

by Anonymousreply 421June 22, 2019 7:37 PM

You're citing CNN? CNN who helped give Trump a free ride? This just keeps getting funnier and funnier.

I'm not going tit for tat with the peanut gallery anymore. Let the kids have the playground. Been fun.

by Anonymousreply 422June 22, 2019 7:41 PM

Uh-huh, sure Jan.

Girl, bye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423June 22, 2019 7:48 PM

They're afraid of Biden, no one more so than the orange traitor himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424June 22, 2019 7:51 PM

They showed Bernie Sanders's speech this afternoon in South Carolina and he spent the entire time telling them that he was going to give them free stuff like health care, college educations, etc. Not a word about how he would pay for any of it(i.e. sky high taxes).

He demonizes anyone who works hard and achieves success, even though he's a multi-millionaire himself. He says that Wall Street is demonic, even though we depend upon it for the general health of the economy and for our retirement savings.

by Anonymousreply 425June 22, 2019 8:21 PM

R413, I agree with your first two paragraphs. WE need to completely dismantle this iteration of the Republican Party, and sweep all those fuckers out of office. Then start investigations. The Republican Party has been hijacked by evil assholes.

by Anonymousreply 426June 22, 2019 8:32 PM

Biden Trolls are out again. Biden has roughly 25% and the rest of us are supposed to fall in line with no questions asked - Line up for the coronation. I'll vote for whomever wins the nomination in the general but I won't have a 75 year old man shoved down my throat as the best we can do. We've got one 73 year old man in the White House and he isn't exactly the poster child for mental stability and neither was the other 75 year old man in the White House (Reagan). I've got lots of friends and relatives in the 70s and I wouldn't want any of them making major decisions. The mental capacity starts to slip after the mid 50s and late 70s is just too old to be president.

by Anonymousreply 427June 22, 2019 8:34 PM

You know, not everyone who is unenthused by Biden is a troll. And if criticism is legitimate it needs to be considered and addressed, not attacked.

by Anonymousreply 428June 22, 2019 8:39 PM

He didn't stump for the Republican, r421, but of course you knew that.

He gave a speech at the Economics Club of Michigan of which the upton Family is one of the contributing members.

He credited Upton for working to increase federal funding for cancer research and made the same case that he's making now, which is the need for consensus and mocked the “half-baked nationalism” and “phony populism” of Trump.

Nothing he said or did was inconsistent with what he's saying now about reaching across the aisle. Also, saying a few nice words in one speech isn't "stumping", if you have to lie and exaggerate shit then you must be backing a weak candidate who cannot win on the merits of their platform.

This tribalism has to end or nothing is going to get done. And, yes, you did bullshit and you continue to bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 429June 22, 2019 8:47 PM

Support the candidate of your choice for the primaries. Tell us whatever it is that you believe makes him or her a good leader and qualified for the job.

Do not attack the other Democratic candidates, especially not a front-runner. That's what rethuglicans and trolls do.

It's not rocket science, cunts.

by Anonymousreply 430June 22, 2019 8:48 PM

Here is some science for you R430. Let's approach this logically. We are supposed to support Biden because he has the best chance of beating Trump. This is hypothetical, of course, because we only have polls showing that he could beat Trump. If that were the ONLY driving factor, wouldn't we all be clamoring for Hillary Clinton to run again? Because with her we don't have hypothetical evidence that she could beat Trump we have empirical data that she can beat Trump as she did it already in 2016 by over 3 million votes. The best shot for winning is to choose someone who already has. Were you making these types of arguments in 2016 for her? Especially when Sanders stayed in the race three months longer after he had no chance of statistically winning the nomination. Old, white guys seem to get more privilege and consideration than others.

by Anonymousreply 431June 22, 2019 8:53 PM

Meanwhile we've got a Commander-in-chief who can't administer his office. He creates crises and then back down looking foolish and further denigrating the trustworthiness of this nation.

by Anonymousreply 432June 22, 2019 9:00 PM

[quote]Also, saying a few nice words in one speech isn't "stumping",

It is when the Republicans use it in their ads to defeat the democratic opponent. From article at link:

Mr. Upton alluded to Mr. Biden’s praise in a debate with Mr. Longjohn the next day, and his campaign sent out a mailer stressing Mr. Upton’s bipartisan streak, including Mr. Biden’s description of him as “the reason we’re going to beat cancer.”

A business-backed Republican group, Defending Main Street, ran digital ads on Facebook showing a grinning Mr. Biden and the crucial quote — “Fred Upton is one of the finest guys I’ve ever worked with” — above a mock version of the former vice president’s signature.

The article also states that the democratic candidate tried to get in touch with Biden for help and got no reply.

So how many Republican candidates did Harris, Warren and Buttigieg do this for?

[quote]This tribalism has to end or nothing is going to get done

And whose fault is that? Or are we trotting out the Republican "both sides" BS that democrats are just as bad.

[quote]And, yes, you did bullshit and you continue to bullshit.

Sure, Jan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433June 22, 2019 9:17 PM

Blacks would be protesting Biden if he wasn't Obama's VP. He's a senile old idiot. He's going to get so bogged down in his un-stellar congressional career that Hillary's emails will pale in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 434June 25, 2019 5:38 AM

Sure, Jan. You're still not getting that pony that Sanders and Warren keep promising.

by Anonymousreply 435June 25, 2019 6:17 AM

R435, if you can read you can figure out that Warren has no ponies and has never promised ponies. You might want to look up the actual plans she has outlined, in detail, over and over and over. Biden is the dead horse that people keep beating. It's like watching an equine version of Weekend at Bernie's.

by Anonymousreply 436June 25, 2019 6:34 AM

Sure, Jan. Guess math isn't your thing..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437June 25, 2019 6:42 AM

Guess critical thinking and/or thinking for yourself isn't your thing, R437. You're such a good little follower of the status quo. Keeping devouring your pablum.

by Anonymousreply 438June 25, 2019 7:00 AM

Warren is bogged down in too many details. The American people don't have the brains for Dem wonkie bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 439June 25, 2019 8:32 AM

I will vote for any Democrat at this point just to get tRump out of office.

Hunter Biden is a hot mess, would love to be a fly on the wall for that.

by Anonymousreply 440June 25, 2019 9:32 AM

My critical thinking skills says ~$40 trillion in spending and ~$2 trillion in taxes to cover it leaves a huge spending gap that the middle class will have to cover, r438.

by Anonymousreply 441June 25, 2019 11:50 AM

Biden is so fucking old. He looks terrible. On that debate stage - lucky for him and Bernie - they're standing next to each other. It'll be like those two old Muppets at the opera.

by Anonymousreply 442June 25, 2019 2:48 PM

Hey. Remember back in 2015 when Jeb Bush was the front runner and was the "most likely" candidate to win the nomination? Remember???????????????????

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 443June 25, 2019 3:11 PM

It wasn't an "article," R441. It was an op-ed from an idiot who insisted four years ago that Scott Walker didn't "deserve to lose." And who insists that the current deficit comes from "soaring Social Security and Medicare shortfalls." It's a huge red flag when someone conflates those two programs. And even more dishonest when they try to pretend that what we spend on health care costs cannot be transferred to a cheaper "Medicare for All" system. He also plays stupid games with numbers when trying to pretend that we cannot tax the rich because they already pay more than their fair share (e.g., focusing solely on income instead of on wealth).

In short, his numbers don't add up, he's ignoring inconvenient facts that don't support his rants, he's trying to pretend that 30-year forecasts are meaningful, and he has no answer when asked what the alternatives should be and why the wealthiest country on earth cannot do what far smaller, less wealthy countries do today.

by Anonymousreply 444June 25, 2019 6:52 PM

Sure, Jan. It's Warren's numbers that aren't adding up.

You disagree with the numbers in the article then by all means show your work like the writer did.

by Anonymousreply 445June 25, 2019 8:20 PM

In the new Morning Consult poll, Biden's lead is double that of #2 Sanders. In fact, he has more support than Sanders and Warren combined.

by Anonymousreply 446June 25, 2019 8:24 PM

I like Michelle Goldberg. This article was discussed on Dateline White House yesterday. NBC's hunky reporter Garrett Haake confirmed that he too had witnessed an "uneven" Joe Biden on the campaign trail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447June 26, 2019 1:33 PM

And, yet, the more reporting on his faults the better Biden does. Nobody cares.

by Anonymousreply 448June 26, 2019 1:54 PM

The other 20 candidates need to fight to be Bidens VP, because that's the next POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 449June 26, 2019 1:58 PM

[quote]You disagree with the numbers in the article then by all means show your work like the writer did.

The writer didn't show his work and I already gave you what you were asking for. Your inability to add, your inabillty to comprehend what you read, are not my problem.

by Anonymousreply 450June 26, 2019 2:36 PM

So then you have nothing, r450. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 451June 26, 2019 2:50 PM

I went to the NRA twitter account to gloat about their loss of live programming and firing Dana Loesch when I found sometbin* I thought was strange. They were going full blown on Joe Biden. Not Elizabeth Warren or Corey Booker. It was all about Biden. I checked the twitter accounts of some of theses commenters and read them — it’s an organized attack that’s going on, not some random “Oh Joe Biden? I don’t like him, but I hate all libs” kind of thing.

Joke all you want - theyre afraid of him. If they weren’t, they wouldn’t be attacking so hard. And the media & other democrats are hitting him just as hard over everything that the fascisitic , Brad Parscale-types have been gathering and are now coordinating an attack on his age, his health, his civil rights past — this is the official start of the 2020 campaign & they’re looking to eliminate Biden immediately because he’s the biggest threat to Trump.

So keep on attacking Biden. You’re helping Trump win in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 452June 26, 2019 3:05 PM

R452 Brad Parscale has been running troll farms on Beto O'Rourke since the end of the Texas Senate campaign. The Club for Growth paid millions to air commercials in Iowa attacking O'Rourke from the left - that's a joke. They haven't been worried about Biden till now. Their big preoccupation is losing Texas as Trump can't win without Texas. They have to be delighted the MSM has been attacked O'Rourke relentlessly since his launch.

by Anonymousreply 453June 26, 2019 3:10 PM

I noticed that here too, r452, when someone started to make nebulous posts about his health. Just as was done with Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 454June 26, 2019 3:16 PM

I’m voting for him because he’s an old white guy like me, but I’m not excited about it or him.

by Anonymousreply 455June 26, 2019 4:30 PM

I thought it was bullshit when the media kept saying that polls showed Biden being Trump. I thought Trump’s weasels were faking us out, pretending Biden scared Trump so that democrats would nominate Biden because he was, in reality, weak and no threat to Trump. I guess i was wrong. They want him out so they can get a progressive candidate and go all “socialist communist SJW, virtue signaling, college students are running the Democratic Party because free stuff and black people! All lives matter! Military heroes! Dem-fem rape accusers want to destroy military & turn men into sissies!”

And democrats, being that they can’t stop shooting themselves in the foot, will double down on things white Americans really don’t like. We need the white independents who believe Obama was weak. Democrats will lose if they look like they are wishy washy apologists or if they continue to demand apologies, especially from white people. White supremacists & nationalists are still a minority but they are a loud minority and have been trying to convince other whites that democrats hate whitey. White independents are scared and the candidate who doesn’t alienate them wins.

Democratic candidates have to win rust belt whites, suburban whites, urban whites. Maybe even rural whites, though I despair about them. They’ve been targeted by GOP think tanks since the 1990s because of the electoral college. If the electoral college wasn’t so unbalanced you would see the GOP drop those rural gun toting, god fearin’ good old boys (and their wives) soooo fast their heads would spin.

Yesterday was a good day in many ways. It was announced that the First Escort’s spokeswoman was going to replace Sarah Sanders. This coincided with reports of mistreatment of children at border facilities, photos of dead immigrants, the video of the DoJ lawyer trying to dodge whether or not soap and blankets were necessary for wellbeing and the IDIOT first whore announced an expansion her supposed anti-bullying Be Best (Be Best was associated with her spokeswoman). I saw lots of photos of Melania & young Barron surrounded by gold glitz set next to photos of crying immigrant children. Plus the “I Really Don’t Care Do U?” photos made a comeback. Anti bullying by a hooker who, in the recent past, wore a bullying coat on her way to see migrant children? And now migrant children are being mistreated and this bitch decides to release a newsflash about her illiterate pet project that she & her husband desecrate with their own bullying every day?

Not good, bitch. The public response totally rattled Trump & Melania. Being the self centered brats they are, they did not see that coming.

by Anonymousreply 456June 26, 2019 4:33 PM

[quote] Biden being Trump.

Beating

by Anonymousreply 457June 26, 2019 4:34 PM

Biden’s voters are going to be exclusively over the age of 40 if he gets the nomination. He’s not going to create enthusiasm amongs voters and they will stay home other than a few people who will vote for him because they’re close to his age.

by Anonymousreply 458June 26, 2019 4:35 PM

Right, we need a younger candidate who can better marshal the youth vote like 70 year old Elizabeth Warren and 77 year old Bernie Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 459June 26, 2019 4:38 PM

R459, They represent change, Biden represents the Obama years where nothing changed.

by Anonymousreply 460June 26, 2019 4:40 PM

Biden will be a do-nothing President.

If you want nothing to change, he’s your old white man.

by Anonymousreply 461June 26, 2019 4:42 PM

I'm afraid if Biden ,Pete, or Warren get the nomination they will have a difficult time getting black people out to vote for them

by Anonymousreply 462June 26, 2019 4:43 PM

[quote]So then you have nothing, R450. Got it.

So then you have nothing, R451. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 463June 26, 2019 4:44 PM

Yes, black folks are clamoring to feel the Bern. 😳🙄

by Anonymousreply 464June 26, 2019 4:45 PM

[quote]We need the white independents who believe Obama was weak

Those white independents are not going to vote for Obama’s even-weaker Vice President.

It’s mostly blacks who are pushing up Biden’s poll numbers right now.

by Anonymousreply 465June 26, 2019 4:45 PM

The black vote will not be needed if we get the young progressive white vote. Blacks did not come out in droves to vote for Hillary even though Hillary appeared with beyonce and Jay Z to encourage them. A

by Anonymousreply 466June 26, 2019 4:47 PM

[quote]Biden will be a do-nothing President.

Actually, that's exactly what voters want after 4 years of endless Trump drama. They're looking for normalcy and stability. They want to keep the good economy going(Thanks Obama!), access to health care, and to keep the country safe. That's pretty much it.

Biden can do all those things, plus he's likable and gets along with everybody.

by Anonymousreply 467June 26, 2019 4:50 PM

Nominating Biden is going to turn out to be a bad mistake for Democrats.

It’s no coincidence that Trump and Paul Ryan are pushing him as the candidate they’re most afraid of.

by Anonymousreply 468June 26, 2019 4:51 PM

Yes, r458, in 2016 Bernie created a ton of enthusiasm...not so much on the votes though.

by Anonymousreply 469June 26, 2019 4:55 PM

“I can shoot an unarmed black man in time square and they will still vote for me”

by Anonymousreply 470June 26, 2019 4:57 PM

Yup, r463, you were asked to back up your statements and you couldn't. And now you're stamping your large clown feet and shaking your tiny fists into the air...and it's funny.

by Anonymousreply 471June 26, 2019 5:00 PM

Girls, girls, girls!! Shut the fuck up and vote for him! He will be a good one-term President until we can get our shit together for 2024.

by Anonymousreply 472June 26, 2019 5:00 PM

[QUOTE]The black vote will not be needed if we get the young progressive white vote.

That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Will Muriel please get this troll out of here?

by Anonymousreply 473June 26, 2019 5:01 PM

Yup, r471, you were asked to back up your statements and you couldn't. And now you're stamping your large clown feet and shaking your tiny fists into the air...and it's funny.

by Anonymousreply 474June 26, 2019 7:20 PM

I think Biden is trying to be unapologetic and non-PC like Trump in hopes of getting white working class voters.

It's not going to work.

Republican or independent white men are never going to vote for an Obama Democrat

by Anonymousreply 475June 26, 2019 10:50 PM

The all elusive White, Working Class male. Dems have lost them for a while and need to realize this ASAP. They aren't coming back for Biden or Bernie. They've been watching too much Fox TV and their jobs are the ones that have been impacted the most by immigrants. I grew up in the midwest and then spent 25 years on the West Coast and am now back to the midwest. On the West Coast, the vast majority of working class were hispanic. Carpenters, gardeners, basically any kind of manual labor. I thought this was a West Coast thing but am shocked to find similar in the midwest. Roofing crews made up of Vietnamese. Many small towns I grew up near are now majority hispanic - especially if they have a meat packing plant. We're all immigrants of one kind or another. Mine just happened to come 150 years ago from Germany. They faced the same type of discrimination then as immigrants do now. I don't think you can have white working class and hispanics in the same party. Right now their cultures are clashing.

by Anonymousreply 476June 27, 2019 12:00 AM

Biden excites no one except white men over 75. There are three white men over 75 who are Democrats. The rest of his support is still name recognition. That starts to change tonight. When they watch tonight's debate and start to get to know the other candidates, he will lose support. When people start dropping out and their supporters look elsewhere, he will lose support. When people watch the second debate and see their great-grandfathers front and center, spittle flying, surrounded by the younger future of the party, he will lose support. He is at his peak now. It is all downhill from here.

by Anonymousreply 477June 27, 2019 12:13 AM

Will be interesting to contrast Uncle Joe with Kamala tomorrow night. She is so direct and forceful and he's ... not.

by Anonymousreply 478June 27, 2019 12:15 AM

You know he's going to call her 'hon' or 'darlin'.

by Anonymousreply 479June 27, 2019 12:18 AM

Can't wait until he calls Andrew Yang, "Mr. Chang" and then says "Bootigag" repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 480June 27, 2019 12:21 AM

The other candidates need to hammer him hard on his Iraq War vote. It caused so much death and destruction and ruined many people’s lives in the Heartland.

by Anonymousreply 481June 27, 2019 12:34 AM

So has he apologized yet, or is he still just clapping back like a senile old moron?

by Anonymousreply 482June 30, 2019 3:49 AM

I apologize if this has been raised upthread, but this attack on Biden is so ahistorical. It ignores the fact that some segregationists were, at times, the darlings of the left. J. William Fulbright was, as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, an early and leading voice against the Vietnam War. Sam Ervin became a folk hero of liberals as the chairman of the Senate Watergate Committee, of which Herman Talmadge, cited by Biden, was a member and Nixon critic. And Adlai Stevenson, the leading voice of liberals in the 1950s, picked Alabama Senator John Sparkman as his 1952 running mate. Each a segregationist.

by Anonymousreply 483June 30, 2019 4:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!