Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Patty Duke Admits She Lied About Sean Astin Parentage

In her latest memoir, Patty Duke admits she lied in her first book about Sean Astin parentage. In her first book, she claimed John Astin was the biological father of Sean during a brief affair they had, while she was seeing Desi Arnaz Jr,

In her new book, she admits that was a lie. She and John Astin first met when Sean was six months. Long after she had her 12-day marriage to Michael Tell annulled. In her mind, she never consummated the marriage with Michael Tell. So that left Desi as the father.

However Desi was not around, but John Astin was. In her words, John was the one who fed Sean, changed his diapers, and was there for Sean. He was more of a father to Sean than Desi was, who off the scene. So despite the fact, Patty was convinced Desi was Sean's biological father, she allowed John Astin to adopt Sean legally. Then say to the whole world through her first book, that John Astin was the biological father of Sean Astin.

However, it came as a complete shock to Patty Duke that Michael Tell was proven to be Sean's biological father through DNA testing. For years she refused to accept the results because she was adamant that the marriage never was consummated. Years would go by before she finally acknowledged the fact that Michael Tell was the biological father of Sean Astin, and apologized to Michael Tell in her book for demonizing him for so many years. Pointing out that he could have made money off this situation, and given tons of interviews to gain notoriety. But he remained silent, and Patty is grateful for that and now calls Michael Tell "a very nice man."

For his part, Sean Astin maintains a relationship with all three men.

by Anonymousreply 69January 4, 2020 1:42 PM

[quote]In her latest memoir, Patty Duke admits

She's been dead for 3 years

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2019 5:35 PM

R1 it was published posthumously. Patty Duke was working on it before she died.

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2019 5:36 PM

Anything on cunty cousin Cathy?

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2019 5:38 PM

R3 Patty wrote when she did the reunion movie she found playing Cathy BORING - which was switch when she originally played her.

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2019 5:39 PM

Pat Duke was a great humanitarian and a genius of the thater. We will all be much better off after we hear her words of wisdom.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2019 5:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2019 5:56 PM

"Sean Astin maintains a relationship with all three men. "

What a whore.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2019 6:02 PM

I love her very much - but she sure did go on about herself

THREE autobiographies AND a TV drama about her life starring Patty herself and her real life kids.

I mean - gurl, puhlease!

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2019 6:08 PM

Sean with Desi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2019 6:08 PM

Sean with Michael Tell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2019 6:08 PM

Her "Call Me Anna" is a very good read. There's no self-pity. But she does get to set the record straight on some things - she admits her 1970 Emmy speech was weird but the network made it stranger with a tight shot of her face as she was doing sign language so it looked as though she was blankly staring into space.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2019 6:12 PM

[quote] she admits her 1970 Emmy speech was weird but the network made it stranger with a tight shot of her face as she was doing sign language so it looked as though she was blankly staring into space.

She looked very good in spite of the crazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2019 6:21 PM

Thanks for this up to the minute report, OP.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2019 6:50 PM

Wonder if Desi Jr. will leave Sean some of that Lucy money in his will?

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2019 6:55 PM

So Lucille Ball would have been Sean's grandmother. How weird for him.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2019 6:57 PM

She didn't know her husband's COCK was in her twat, shooting a load?????

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2019 6:58 PM

One could easily sleep through it, R16.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2019 7:00 PM

She was unmedicated bipolar at the time, so it's quite possible. They often have blackouts, chunks of time, even days, they can't remember.

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2019 7:00 PM

Ah, OK. Otherwise the mind boggles.

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2019 7:01 PM

Isn't it great that people die?

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2019 7:02 PM

She was only married to him for 17 days and she said in her bio (published in 1987) that she wouldn't have been able to know who Michael Tell was if she was face to face with him. She was so messed up at that point, her life was out of control.

by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2019 7:02 PM

Wouldn't you assume your husband had consummated the marriage sometime in the first 17 days even if you don't have any memory of the act. Especially, if you have large blocks of time unaccounted for by memory.

This is so dumb. Such trashy people.

by Anonymousreply 22June 19, 2019 7:06 PM

😵 We all know that Patty was a little touched in the head.

by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2019 7:08 PM

A hot dog made her lose control.

by Anonymousreply 24June 19, 2019 7:10 PM

Yeah, R11. The camera angle was the reason her Emmy speech was weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 19, 2019 7:13 PM

[quote]For his part, Sean Astin maintains a relationship with all three men.

Papa Mio! The Musical.

Glenn can play Patty.

by Anonymousreply 26June 19, 2019 7:18 PM

For seventeen days she wasn't lucid enough to even have a conversation with her new husband and when she discovered she was pregnant, it never occurred to her to ask her ex if it might be his? So instead, she let someone else pretend to be Sean's father. Not once, but a second time when she lied again. How is Sean not in a mental institution?

by Anonymousreply 27June 19, 2019 7:19 PM

Are you suggesting r24, that the father of her child was Oscar Mayer?

by Anonymousreply 28June 19, 2019 7:30 PM

Patty Duke was one of the greats. Still miss her.

by Anonymousreply 29June 19, 2019 7:35 PM

Humped 'n dumped

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 19, 2019 7:44 PM

whores and grifters

by Anonymousreply 31June 19, 2019 7:45 PM

Sean looks so much like Desi.

by Anonymousreply 32June 19, 2019 7:49 PM

Here she is talking about this and Sean, talking about his "four Dads".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 19, 2019 7:56 PM

R9 Desi looks uncomfortable. Like someone is going to ask him for back child support.

by Anonymousreply 34June 19, 2019 8:39 PM

I always thought that guy in VOD looked kinda cute, R30. Is that bad?

by Anonymousreply 35June 19, 2019 9:07 PM

He looks just like mike tell.

by Anonymousreply 36June 19, 2019 9:35 PM

Sean’s three dads is like a male version of the Mama Mia movie.

by Anonymousreply 37June 19, 2019 9:42 PM

Sean looks like Tell. Same smile. See R10

by Anonymousreply 38June 19, 2019 9:43 PM

Poor Sean, from what I've heard John Astin was a good father to him, thank goodness he had a stable adult in his life growing up because it sure wasn't 'Stable Mabel' his mother...

by Anonymousreply 39June 19, 2019 11:31 PM

Michael Tell and Desi Arnaz, Jr. spit-roasted me at Pat's 35th birthday party. I miss those days. No one wants to spit roast me anymore except for Jimmie JJ Walker and Glenn Scarpelli.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2019 9:30 PM

I’m a true America’s sweetheart, dear. You have no class.

by Anonymousreply 41June 21, 2019 8:21 AM

Wow she's been dead all these years and she's still writing...

by Anonymousreply 42June 21, 2019 8:24 AM

Voice from the grave.

by Anonymousreply 43June 21, 2019 8:30 AM

I don't know who the FUCK Chrissy is or who she thinks she is, but I am known as TV's Sweetheart, baby. I have never nor will ever claim to be AMERICA'S Sweetheart. America's sweetheart is my good pal, Sally Struthers. And if you don't like any of this, Chrissy, please feel free to suck on one of my engorged cunt lips, bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 21, 2019 5:06 PM

She also misspelled Austin

by Anonymousreply 45June 21, 2019 5:09 PM

You poor dear. Is the antenna not working on your TV in your trailer ? I’m the biggest star on the biggest series This is Us.

by Anonymousreply 46June 21, 2019 9:28 PM

I have to agree with part of your statement, cheese tits. You are the fucking BIGGEST star on an once popular, now middling series. Don't ever sass me again, Metz. I walked so you could run or roll or whatever the fuck it is that you do. Now kick rocks, tubby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 21, 2019 9:51 PM

Girls! Girls! Cunts!

by Anonymousreply 48June 21, 2019 10:24 PM

I'd love to never see this photo again in my life - but some things you just have to live with, I guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 21, 2019 10:29 PM

I’ll say it again because it obviously didn’t sink in. You have no class , cupcake.

Eat your heart out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 22, 2019 3:09 AM

There ya go again, fat. You can’t stop thinking about food for one god damn second. I bet your shits are the size of a stallion’s. You need to respek my name and keep it out yo mouth. You wanna get popped???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 22, 2019 3:20 AM

If she forgot what Mike Tell looked like all she had to do was look at her son. Two peas in a pod.

by Anonymousreply 52June 22, 2019 3:26 AM

Oops. Meant to do this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 22, 2019 3:28 AM

This book was released in February of last year. God knows why OP is just posting this now.

I just read the Lucy/Desi, Jr./Michael Tell chapter. I've always been a fan of her's and I still am, but she hurt a lot of people. I mean she bulldozed over people and their feelings, seemingly until she was finally diagnosed in 1982. But, even after that she lied about Sean's parentage, and for years refused to accept the DNA results. It's a good thing that she finally accepted it, even if she didn't do so publicly while she was alive.

I'm now even more sympathetic to Suzanne Pleshette, her Miracle Worker co-star, who shortly before he own death said she had no interest in Patty, or what she was doing.

by Anonymousreply 54June 22, 2019 4:26 AM

r52

That's what I tell people about my dad

by Anonymousreply 55June 22, 2019 2:47 PM

Patty hated the fact Sean was fat. That's why she did it

by Anonymousreply 56June 22, 2019 2:49 PM

Wow, just tooling around on YouTube, I found Patty Duke on Playboy After Dark. My God, she's stunning here, two years after the failure of Valley of the Dolls.

I never realized what a piece of ass Rex Reed was in his day either.

The Patty/Rex segment starts at about 17:44, though I have it cued up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 23, 2019 1:30 AM

R54 Suzanne held a grudge for forty years because of the way a pre teen Patty Duke treated her, and you think Duke is the one who comes off badly? Shit, even Joyce Dewitt managed to bury the hatchet with Suzanne Somers.

the 20/20 interview is sweet. Despite the parentage problem, they were a tight knit family. She remained close with Desi Jr and John Astin until her passing. Lucie Arnaz had nothing but kind things to say about her as well. The boys loved her and were very protective of her.

by Anonymousreply 58June 23, 2019 1:46 AM

R58 Where did I say "Came off badly?" I know Patty Duke was dealing with abuse, and bi-polarism. But during the run of the play she tried to harm Suzanne Pleshette physically every night they took the stage together.

To add insult to injury, Patty dated Suzanne's ex-husband very soon after they were divorced. Never calling Suzanne to let her know, or discuss it or anything.

The point of my post was to say that at a certain point in her life, Patty treated certain people very badly who did not deserve it. Once she got better in the '80s, she would have 100% agreed with that statement.

Yes, for sure later in life Suzanne Pleshette maybe could have realized that Patty was an abused 14 year old at the time. That said, I can certainly understand why she didn't have great feelings about Patty Duke. I think Patty was too embarrassed to call her and say she was sorry, but I'd like to think if she had, they could've made peace.

by Anonymousreply 59June 23, 2019 2:06 AM

When I was growing up, I knew three brothers who had an unmedicated bipolar mother and OMFG. It is a hideous situation to be in, with a parent who has that mental illness and isn't being treated for it.

by Anonymousreply 60June 23, 2019 2:19 AM

Was there a list of people patty hadn’t fucked?

by Anonymousreply 61June 23, 2019 2:40 PM

She was going to fuck Lucy O'Ball but Gary Morton talked her out of it.

by Anonymousreply 62June 23, 2019 3:40 PM

R57 great find!

They talk about her latest film "Me Natalie" - why's it so fucking hard to find to watch smaller movies of that period?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 23, 2019 5:04 PM

R58 If she remained close to Desi and John, how come neither commented on her death or attended her memorial service? I don't believe she had any contact with Desi Jr for decades.

by Anonymousreply 64June 23, 2019 8:23 PM

She did not remain close to Desi. They saw each other in 1982 and appeared on stage together at a People for the American Way benefit, but that was it. Sean remains close to Desi to this day, as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 65June 24, 2019 12:30 AM

She was not close to Desi Jr because she was afraid he'd borrow money.

by Anonymousreply 66June 24, 2019 12:37 AM

Sean and Desi Jr bond over fast food they order and charge to their more successful siblings (Mackenzie and Lucie)

by Anonymousreply 67June 24, 2019 12:38 AM

The memorial was in Idaho, not LA or NY. John was in his mid 80's at the time.

by Anonymousreply 68June 24, 2019 12:41 AM

Michael Tell is Jewish, so Sean is half Jewish and has all these Jewish ancestors. He’ll have to learn to keep kosher, but only every other day, since he’s only half Hewish.

by Anonymousreply 69January 4, 2020 1:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!